PDA

View Full Version : July HRC IVF/PGD Cycle Cancelled -- No Normal Embryos.

Hoping4Kaylani
July 25th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Hi Dr. Potter,
I just cycled with another doctor at HRC, and the cycle ended with 3 abnormal embryos. I am 28, my husband is 26, and we have two healthy boys together. I was told that I have what appears to be a low ovarian reserve (my initial scan showed potential for about 8 follicles). We ended up with 6 eggs, but only 2 were initially mature, one matured in the dish. Of the three eggs, all fertilized, but we ended up with an XXX with multiple monosomies and trisomies (41 chromosomes total - mixed maternal and paternal) that made it to 4 cells, an XO with only 23 cromosomes (paternal) that made it to 7 cells, and an XY with trisomy 13 that made it to a hatching blast (maternal). I was so devastated that I didn't end up asking a lot of questions at the time, but now I'm trying to decide what to do.

I used clomid (100MGx5days), 375 Gonal-f, and 150 menopur. Are there any protocols that can help with the quality of my eggs? If I am only able to get 6 eggs, I want to do my best to make them the best they can be!

Also, is there anything that could help us get more mature eggs?

Financially, we can't afford to keep doing this, so if/when we can do it again... I want it to be the best cycle possible. And last question, if I do have a low ovarian reserve, will it hurt our chances the longer we wait?

I appreciate your help!!

Dr. Potter
September 25th, 2012, 02:09 AM
Hi Dr. Potter,
I just cycled with another doctor at HRC, and the cycle ended with 3 abnormal embryos. I am 28, my husband is 26, and we have two healthy boys together. I was told that I have what appears to be a low ovarian reserve (my initial scan showed potential for about 8 follicles). We ended up with 6 eggs, but only 2 were initially mature, one matured in the dish. Of the three eggs, all fertilized, but we ended up with an XXX with multiple monosomies and trisomies (41 chromosomes total - mixed maternal and paternal) that made it to 4 cells, an XO with only 23 cromosomes (paternal) that made it to 7 cells, and an XY with trisomy 13 that made it to a hatching blast (maternal). I was so devastated that I didn't end up asking a lot of questions at the time, but now I'm trying to decide what to do.

I used clomid (100MGx5days), 375 Gonal-f, and 150 menopur. Are there any protocols that can help with the quality of my eggs? If I am only able to get 6 eggs, I want to do my best to make them the best they can be!

Also, is there anything that could help us get more mature eggs?

Financially, we can't afford to keep doing this, so if/when we can do it again... I want it to be the best cycle possible. And last question, if I do have a low ovarian reserve, will it hurt our chances the longer we wait?

I appreciate your help!!we just had our consult! I enjoyed meeting you and await the outcome of further testing.

Hoping4Kaylani
September 26th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Thank you! I enjoyed meeting you as well, and am anxious to begin with the new protocol! My pre-testing should be Oct 1st. So hopefully its not too terribly terrible. :fingers: