PDA

View Full Version : And so it begins...

mydream
July 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
THE COMMENTS!! So, we have started telling people we are pregnant. Immediately after the "congrats" I am getting "oh I bet you are hoping for a girl"..."oh wow, 3 kids? you must really wanted to go for the girl huh?" I am seriously over the edge right now....ENOUGH already.
So I have been saying "we always wanted 3 kids...we didn't go for a third for gender"...hoping it will shut them up!!! It is so irritating.
Got any good comeback lines for me? Please share! Thanks!

nuthinbutpink
July 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
All good things come in threes.

I would just say a girl would be great but we are really awesome at raising boys so we welcome that too.

mydream
July 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Thanks NBP...I like that response too! I am going to use it for sure!
I am trying to just stay in the moment here - enjoy the time being preg with no idea about the gender and people just have a way of pushing my buttons.

NCBeachyGrl
July 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
I know I am going to get exactly the same thing from ppl! Are you finding out the gender? One of the reasons we aren't finding out is so I can tell ppl that gender doesn't matter and we aren't finding out for that reason alone.

I have already had some friends say, "wouldn't that be funny if you had 3 boys" and I said back that I am already 99.9% positive it will be another boy and we would love that. I say I wouldn't know what to do with a girl and we already have all this boy stuff so a boy would just fit right in. I think it helps me convince myself too a little and stay grounded.

I'm not too quick on my feet so I tend to just agree with ppl and then get pissed off inside.

mydream
July 26th, 2012, 11:24 AM
I know I am going to get exactly the same thing from ppl! Are you finding out the gender? .

We aren't totally sure if we are going to find out the gender yet. Dh and I are really on the fence about it. Probably leaning more toward yes though!

Wanting a daughter
July 27th, 2012, 03:30 AM
We aren't totally sure if we are going to find out the gender yet. Dh and I are really on the fence about it. Probably leaning more toward yes though!

Hi My Dream, I just posted a thread asking you this very question but I put it on the HT section so you may not see it. Been thinking about you and wondering whether you were going to find out and if so when.

As for the bet you're hoping for a girl comments, I'd probably just say "Oh God no!" and turn away. That should shut them up. Maybe.

Mum23boys
July 27th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I used with my 3rd "why would u assume we want a girl - is there something wrong with our boys?" or just say boys in general not our boys ..... thats a question they cant answer.

Or how about "so long as its healthy why would we care ?"

So long as it doesnt have 7 heads then we dont mind what gender it is.

Lassie1982
July 27th, 2012, 05:05 AM
id actually go so far as to say "actually - i'd prefer another boy - i know boys, and i have boy clothing and toys, and a boy will fit in better with my 2 son then a girl would"
That'll shut them up.....
its actually what I'm planning on saying if i finally get pregnant....even though we only have one child (boy) I'm sure people are going to do the whole "oh i bet your hoping its a girl"

Or if you really don't care about being rude you could always say it as it is "actually its none of your business what i hope it is, or would like it to be, thats rather personal"

Pstar32
July 27th, 2012, 05:38 AM
I had good labours so today I used: "we'd be delighted with a healthy one that comes as quick as my others and is even half as gorgeous!" the person got a bit embarrassed because it was as if I was saying their comment was ridiculous, so then I felt bad!!! but I've had "hope this is your girl, you deserve a girl next" from a complete stranger! Then "are you just dying for a girl", when I said no the same person said "are you not EXHAUSTED bringing boys into the world?" Eh no!!!
Then the other day I met an older woman, I didn't have my boys with me. I said I was pregnant and she said I was very lucky that her daughter has problems conceiving and only has one son. I said I had two boys under 3, and all she said was "it doesn't matter what they are love does it? MY THREE BOYS (proudly) who wouldn't be proud to say that, and sure if it's a girl that'd be great too, well we wouldn't be giving her back now would we!" I could have hugged her:)

Tiffani3
July 27th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I had that all the time when pg with ds3
Alot of people used to say 'argh hoping or trying for a girl' my reply always was well we were actually trying for a BABY!

A lady in the shop the other day said oh your little boy is so lovely is he your first? (the other boys were at school) I said no my third. She went on to tell me she had 3 boys and then two girl and how awful all the boys were and if she had a girl first she would have had all her tubes cut!!!
I replyed 'oh I'm sure they were lovely boys!'
Her 'no they were all horrible my girls are lovely'
Me ' oh right! Well I'm very lucky that I have 3 wonderful,caring and helpful little boys couldn't ask for anything more'
Which she just chuckled to her self!!

First I thought thank god my older two werent with me, then omg what a crazy nasty person her poor sons!

Mrs_P
July 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Some moms are just mean't to be boy moms and there is nothing at all wrong with that. Those old ladies etc are quick enough to moan about drunken teenagers with bad attitudes and trousers round their ankles. Just remind them the world needs more moms like you who can raise her sons and teach them respect of women, and how to be strong yet gentle and all of the others hundreds of things you must teach your son every day. Its hard being a mom to boys (they are after all an alien species to us) be proud of what you have and of the great mother you are and ignore them or better yet try quoting our own atomic, the chances of us having three boys is only like 14% so i would be very proud to have such a special and a unique family i am one of the only few lucky women who get to experience this x

mydream
July 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Hi My Dream, I just posted a thread asking you this very question but I put it on the HT section so you may not see it. Been thinking about you and wondering whether you were going to find out and if so when.

As for the bet you're hoping for a girl comments, I'd probably just say "Oh God no!" and turn away. That should shut them up. Maybe.
Hi WAD...I didn't see it on the HT board...not on there unless i see something pop up on side bar...
Thanks for thinking of me. I am doing well.
So if we find out it would not be until our 20 week anatomy scan.
I see in your sig. that the donor eggs didn't work out. I am so so sorry. Why does the HT journey just plain old "suck" for some of us??? ugh...
anyway, sending you hugs!

I love everyone's input and comments...thanks so much. You all know how to make me smile and feel better!

mydream
July 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
quoting our own atomic, the chances of us having three boys is only like 14%

Really, I didn't know this...I must have not read that...but that makes me feel pretty darn good! Thanks so much!

Mrs_P
July 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
yep check it out

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/762-statistics-question-anybody-know.html

think i've pretty much read most of this site over last two months not that i'm obessed or anything lol

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
yep check it out

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion/762-statistics-question-anybody-know.html

think i've pretty much read most of this site over last two months not that i'm obessed or anything lol

It's just a bit more complicated than that though because that's the average nameless faceless person, not any one individual. In the population as a whole, the statistics indicate that but for any one person, the odds may be different for them depending on what is going on in their environment.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 27th, 2012, 01:10 PM
I have 3 boys and a girl. I still get "at least you got your girl." Like my 3 boys are absolutely meaningless!! And now I get "wow, you have your hands full." People say the most ridiculous things. I behave myself and bite my tongue because I don't want my children to repeat what I say... once I started I wouldn't stop!!!

NYFamilyOfFiveRoses
July 27th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Mydream I would say "It is whatever I am blessed with". I am not religious but I like to use that one.

Deleting everything else I wrote being my dream read it already and some of it may be unrelated to "what should I say"?

Mrs_P
July 27th, 2012, 03:02 PM
It's just a bit more complicated than that though because that's the average nameless faceless person, not any one individual. In the population as a whole, the statistics indicate that but for any one person, the odds may be different for them depending on what is going on in their environment.

Yeah i just really like that quote as it helps other people to see just how special unique and amazing my boys really are, plus i've never had anyone retort anything horrible back

Hobbermittens
July 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Is 3 uncommon where you live? I didn't get any flack about having a 3rd, though when I was pregnant, occasionally people would make that dumb joke, "You know what causes that, don't you?" Ha ha. :sigh:

I would just tell them "good things come in 3's" and hopefully they will leave you alone!

Mrs_P
July 29th, 2012, 03:02 PM
There are a few large families where i live but no one really pays much attention to them as they are mixed around 4 children. We stand out a little as we have three boys and do get a lot of comments. Plus our families and their kids are all like the pigeon pair. We had a lot of comments about having another one with number three dread to think what we'll get with number 4 especially as everyone knows how much i'd love a dd (i'm always the mom cooing over the little girls in their pretty dresses at the school gates)

Thats prob the same for most of the moms that receive these comments unfortunatley

mydream
August 2nd, 2012, 09:45 AM
Well, the comments keep coming in..and thank goodness I have more than a handful of great comebacks thanks to all of you!

Jennyb0125
August 13th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I get the opposite!! Everyones keeps telling me this one better be a boy, & I want a son so bad it just adds more stress than any thing! I did the baking soda test before 10 weeks & today (I am 12W3d) and I got boy results..but I know they are just for fun. I cannot wait until I know so I can celebrate or get used to the idea of an another DD.

mydream
August 13th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I get the opposite!! Everyones keeps telling me this one better be a boy, & I want a son so bad it just adds more stress than any thing! I did the baking soda test before 10 weeks & today (I am 12W3d) and I got boy results..but I know they are just for fun. I cannot wait until I know so I can celebrate or get used to the idea of an another DD.

Sending you ALLLLLL my blue dust! Good luck