PDA

View Full Version : So jealous and sad...

bluedreams
July 26th, 2012, 10:01 AM
My SIL just had a baby girl this morning. She has a DS and now a DD. Even though I desperately want a boy, I am so jealous that she gave birth to a girl. I thought I would be jealous if she had another boy but I think I would have been happier if she had another boy. I think it just dawned on me that I am not jealous of people with boys, I am jealous of people with one of each. I'm also jealous of people that get their DG. She really wanted a girl and she got one. I want a boy and I am stuck with 2 girls :sad:. Everyone in my family has that perfect pigeon pair except for me. Just wanted to vent.

alreadyneedivf
July 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Just wanted to say I'm so sorry you are feeling this way and wanted to send you a hug! My husband is from a pigeon pair and he thinks it's not the best family makeup. A lot of people would be jealous of your family makeup! I hope you feel better soon and hope you are feeling well with the pregnancy.

bluedreams
July 26th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks! I know pigeon pair may not be the perfect family but couples who have them have no pressure about gender if they decide to have more kids. I feel with 2 girls I will have the pressure of having a boy for my 3rd. IDK...just really down right now.

Mrs_P
July 26th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Hi couldn't just read and run

i know exactly how your feeling only the other way around. I have three boys. My SIL was pregnant last year and i spent the whole 9 months hoping it was a boy, which it was but my inlaws still obsess over the baby a lot more so than they have done with our 2nd and 3rd boys it seems after you have had one of that gender subsquent ones don't seem as important to other people.

I really want another, pref a little girl, and think i maybe pg at the moment but the first thing that entered my mind was i know what everyone else will say. if its a girl everyone will be excited other wise we'll just get 'again'. I really feel for the baby though to ds3 really had to win everyone round (not that it took him long) whereas all through my pregnancy they were excited about ds1. My mom in particular said to me "don't worry i'm sure we'll be excited when he comes" WTF can't believe she said that

I was a pigeon pair though and i hated my brother with a passion have only just come to be 'fond' of him in last few years but still would prob never talk to him if it weren't for the fact that he was my brother. I so wanted an older brother or a sister. I can see why its a good solution for a mom she gets one of each but for the kids it doesn't always work at least in a larger family your bound to get on with someone LOL

Shame we could swap DH's temporarily and you could have your son and me my girl LOL

bluedreams
July 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
It's good to keep hearing that pigeon pairs aren't that perfect. I feel having more than 2 is ideal anyway. We were planning on having 3. I just really want the next one to be a boy that's why I am looking into HT. If your DH could guarantee me a boy then swapping's not a bad idea. Haha!! Hope we both get our DG one day. Also, congrats on your pregnancy.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Mrs. P did I miss something???? I'm not one to start rumors but I read your post. Could it be??? My fingers are triple crossed for you. I'll cross my toes, legs and eyes for good measure.

nuthinbutpink
July 26th, 2012, 09:33 PM
I'm sorry. It hurts.

BoyGirlOrAlien
July 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
im waiting for my dream to be ripped apart too,even before i find out it hurts like hell,because i already know how im going to feel. how i cope this time is anyones guess.

Inglewood
July 30th, 2012, 06:12 PM
My SIL just had a baby girl this morning. She has a DS and now a DD. Even though I desperately want a boy, I am so jealous that she gave birth to a girl. I thought I would be jealous if she had another boy but I think I would have been happier if she had another boy. I think it just dawned on me that I am not jealous of people with boys, I am jealous of people with one of each. I'm also jealous of people that get their DG. She really wanted a girl and she got one. I want a boy and I am stuck with 2 girls :sad:. Everyone in my family has that perfect pigeon pair except for me. Just wanted to vent.

I too, like you realised I was envious of PP when my Dh's older sister had a boy after a girl. His twin sister and brother have PP, so I was upset after the 3rd PP was there and secretly cried for days. I felt so awful as his family are so nice, but I was feeling sorry for myself and so alone in my thoughts as Dh was happy with 2 boys. After 2yrs of persusion Dh gave in and he started my swaying journey with me and we had ID twin girls in april which I adore. But it's tough with 4 kids and I struggle. Only ever really wanted 2 kids and assumed coming from a PP and all the inlaws having PP I would only ever have 2 kids. Good luck whatever you choose to do, but I understand how you feel, I felt it for years till now.

*ruby*
July 30th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Completely understand, i've been there with my sister and both SIL's. It sucks. None of my family or close friends have had boys since DS2 was born. ALL girls and every time another girl was announced it made me even more upset. Just watch I will be the one to get pregnant with the next boy :sad:

bluedreams
July 31st, 2012, 09:42 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a little bit better. It's just when I hear things like this my first reaction is so negative and then I get so depressed. Luckily it doesn't last very long.
ruby - I am the opposite. I am surrounded by people that have boys and I get depressed every time I hear someone gave birth to a boy. It's like torture.
Inglewood - I would love to have your family makeup. I feel my GD won't go away until I get my DS.

Mrs_P
August 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
Mrs. P did I miss something???? I'm not one to start rumors but I read your post. Could it be??? My fingers are triple crossed for you. I'll cross my toes, legs and eyes for good measure.

Aw thank you for your lovely comment, unfortunately i think it was a chemical, af arrived 7 days late :sad: wasn't mean't to be, sorry for late reply only just seen. Find it hard to keep track of all of the threads on here. On the positive side just purchased a plan so bring it on !!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 1st, 2012, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry Mrs. P. I posted this a while back. I know af started. Tell her to get her things, it's time to go!!! You and I are getting bfp's this month!!!! May is a lovely month to have a baby.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 1st, 2012, 02:52 PM
I got a plan too. Atomic is wonderful. It really does make this a lot easier. Now I just need to ovulate!!!!

kaseybaby
August 1st, 2012, 06:16 PM
I get so jealous of people who do not sway, and get their DG. I swear it is like they rub it into everyone faces. I want one of each so badly, and I honestly don't know why. I love my DS to death. I can't imagine my life without him. But I desperately want a daughter. Vent away. That is what we are all here for.

bluedreams
August 1st, 2012, 09:00 PM
I get so jealous of people who do not sway, and get their DG. I swear it is like they rub it into everyone faces. I want one of each so badly, and I honestly don't know why. I love my DS to death. I can't imagine my life without him. But I desperately want a daughter. Vent away. That is what we are all here for.

Everyone I know IRL did not sway (never even heard of it) and they all have 1 of each or just a mixed family. It is just not fair!! Meanwhile all of us on here have to put so much work into swaying or spend thousands on HT.