PDA

View Full Version : I feel so down :(

Tiffani3
July 26th, 2012, 06:44 PM
I feel that my gd is slipping back in!
I feel so sad
I keep thinking I've put my self in the same place I was when I was pg with ds3 and how evil people's word were and absolutely dreeding the next 8 months :(

Plus My sister told me the yesterday that when I was pg with ds3 she knew he was a boy my mum had told her!:( (she was pg with her 2ds at the time 4m behind me also announced it)
My Mum and dh were the only ones that knew he was going to be a boy until he was born she promised me she wouldn't tell anyone and knew how upset I was at the time, and as my sister oviously got upset thinking I might have a girl mum reassured her and told her! I feel so betrade by my own mum.
I aways thought we had a very close relationship and I believed I could trust her 100% I am a very loyal honest person, and would never betray anyone's trust I don't understand why my feelings are less important than my sisters! My heart is absolutly breaking :(
I don't know if I should talk to her about this or let it go!

TTC5
July 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
:( x x x x

Tiffani3
July 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Sorry maybe I'm being so over emotional atm and this isn't a big thing but feel like I have no one to talk to and even more so now! Needed to rant! Xxx

TTC5
July 26th, 2012, 06:54 PM
You have every right to feel the way you do x x

mydream
July 26th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I am so sorry that you are feeling down hun! I am sending you big hugs...

Tiffani3
July 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Thank you. big tears now xxxxxxx

BeadinMom
July 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Aww...no tears!! :( It was wrong...your mom should never have done that. And honestly, your sister shouldn't have hoped that you were having another boy. That's terrible and definitely something I could see happening in my family. I really wonder about some people. Jealousy is such an ugly thing and it's even worse when people feed into it.
I am so incredibly sorry you had to endure that. XX

Tiffani3
July 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM
it so lovely to have this support it's truly appreciated such kind ladies thank you
X x x

Hobbermittens
July 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I;m sorry you are having issues with your mom and sister. It is so hard! I hope things get better for you all and your pregnancy is a happy one. :hugs:

mybluepilot
July 26th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I am sorry you are feeling that way I would be very upset as well if my mom does that. My husband and I agreed that no one would know about doing IVF to get our boy, promised and always thought the I told my mom, well he just told his friend who I am friends with his wife who has two girls as well, now she keeps asking me if I am pregnant every phone call. I am acting like she doesn't know about our HT, but I am sure that her husband told her and it won't surprise me if I see her in my doctors office for the same reason. So I know how it feels when one of the closest people to you betray you or lie to you. I am very mad at DH and just decided to refuse to go out with his friends family.
Pink dust to you and big hugs, I would say just let it go don't talk to your mom about, after all she is your mommy and I am sure she didn't mean to hurt you in any way.

MatildaMai
July 26th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I can totally see why you are upset. I would be too. A betrayed confidence hurts. At the same time I think its very hard for a mum to be stuck in the middle. Knowing that both of you were hurting and disappointed and wanting somehow to help. I'm sure she'd be horrified to know your sister had told you what she said. I would definitely talk to your mum, tell her how you feel and clear the air, otherwise it will just fester away and you'll feel even worse. And you'll have to deal with it anyway once you've had some scans and everyone is pestering you about whether its a DS or DD.

Good luck - I hope this is a DD for you.

nuthinbutpink
July 26th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry.

Tiffani3
July 27th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Thank you girls, my mum is away at the moment and don't want to talk about it over the phone, so really have a few weeks to mull over wether to say anything! I spoke to dh about it and he wasn't at all suprised he think she favourtise her.
I aways thought she was quite fair but maybe I'm very trusting and aways believe in people until I get hurt! :(
I think will speak her about it but that wall is up now and I won't confide in her again.
Thank you
Your all so lovely xxx

Mum23boys
July 27th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Chin up chicken you always have us to talk to and your guarenteed to always find someone who knows how you are feeling. I think what your mum did was wrong but im guessing in familyu circles especially between mother and daughters she felt she couldnt keep it a secret as she didnt want to see either of you upset - or is there a chance your mum didnt actually tell her and your sis is just saying that ?
I can however relate to the jealousy thing - I know it very wrong but when my sister was pregnant with her 2nd ( having had a boy 1st ) i secretly hoped it would be another boy but knew it would be a girl as I at that point already had my 3 boys and my mum was desperate for a granddaughter and bang my sister gives her her 1st.... looking on the bright side i gave her her 1st and he is her world :-)
Sorry for waffling on !!! Anyway I hope you feel brighter today. Thinking of you. xx

Butterfly Spirit
July 27th, 2012, 03:42 AM
I can join you. At the beginning of this month my mom, DH, and boys were dining out..and at the end of our meal my kids were running around and loving it.. and all of a sudden my own mom shocks me and says "What are you going to do when you have 3 little boys running around?" This is my mom, who has known about my GD better than anyone.. and she KNEW how I wanted to wait as long as possible to tell anyone I'm pregnant to avoid gender related comments...
I immediately replied "Mom, you know that isn't fair, why did you say that?" "Well I'm just saying.. it's not guarenteed.. it's still 50/50" I said "No, you are wrong, I did many things to get a girl, so that makes it higher chances of that." And I think even after that I was so mad I said "I don't care what you say. I think it's a GIRL!"
I do love my mom, but wish that she wouldn't make stabbing comments such as those but she does it sometimes.. it's said that the ones we love the most hurt us most. She's even liked pointing out the CUTEST girl things to me in the past few years, so it's been HARD. I know how bad she wants a grandaughter though, because I'm probably the only one who will give her one. My older sister doesn't even date.
But anyways, I'm sorry your mom did that to you. But she's your mom, and you love her..and we all make mistakes. I didn't let that comment ruin our relationship at all..but it did ruin my day that day.

Try not to stress about GD, nothing is certain yet! You may get a BIG surprise this time! ;)

secretly sad
July 27th, 2012, 04:03 AM
I am sorry. Your mum and sister should be the 2 people in your life you should be able to trust with your life. Come and talk to us xxx

Tiffani3
July 27th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks girls, all your words really have helped i do feel so much calmer and happier today :)
It's lovely to find some many ladies that feel and have been in the same place as me, pg hormones are amazing really how much of a rollercoaster they are and most likely be down again next week lol
But at least I know I have you wonderful girls to talk to, thank you all so much :bighug:
Xxxx

Mrs_P
July 27th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Moms can be so cruel at times. I know this from my experiences with my own mom. I know she loves me and she dotes on my boys but sometimes she says the cruelest of things. I think sometimes they forget when your grown just how harsh their words and actions can be. I doubt very much it was on purpose as awful as it sounds she prob just didn't think. Chin up hon, i know its not the same but there is always some one out her in cyber space to listen and its guaranteed confidential if you need to get things off your chest.

I didn't tell my mom with ds2, i found out at 32 weeks as it was driving me mad, i only told DH. She was there the day i had him and i remember her going its a boy its a boy and me replying i know! don't think she was best pleased but so what.

monkeysnuffer
September 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
I think I would talk to my mom about it. That was wrong. I hope you get your baby girl this time around. Hugs!

monkeysnuffer
September 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
I can join you. At the beginning of this month my mom, DH, and boys were dining out..and at the end of our meal my kids were running around and loving it.. and all of a sudden my own mom shocks me and says "What are you going to do when you have 3 little boys running around?" This is my mom, who has known about my GD better than anyone.. and she KNEW how I wanted to wait as long as possible to tell anyone I'm pregnant to avoid gender related comments...
I immediately replied "Mom, you know that isn't fair, why did you say that?" "Well I'm just saying.. it's not guarenteed.. it's still 50/50" I said "No, you are wrong, I did many things to get a girl, so that makes it higher chances of that." And I think even after that I was so mad I said "I don't care what you say. I think it's a GIRL!"
I do love my mom, but wish that she wouldn't make stabbing comments such as those but she does it sometimes.. it's said that the ones we love the most hurt us most. She's even liked pointing out the CUTEST girl things to me in the past few years, so it's been HARD. I know how bad she wants a grandaughter though, because I'm probably the only one who will give her one. My older sister doesn't even date.
But anyways, I'm sorry your mom did that to you. But she's your mom, and you love her..and we all make mistakes. I didn't let that comment ruin our relationship at all..but it did ruin my day that day.

Try not to stress about GD, nothing is certain yet! You may get a BIG surprise this time! ;)

I had to respond to this. MY mom and I were closer than life and she knew how much I wanted a DD when I was preg with my son.

The night I had him, I was recovering in my room and my mom was the only one in there with me. I had just given birth hours before. She picks that time to say to me "I can see it in your eyes that you're picturing your baby girl." THat comment is now in my mind forever when I think about my son's birth. I think that was kind of inappropriate.

1+2+3boys
September 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
I had to respond to this. MY mom and I were closer than life and she knew how much I wanted a DD when I was preg with my son.

The night I had him, I was recovering in my room and my mom was the only one in there with me. I had just given birth hours before. She picks that time to say to me "I can see it in your eyes that you're picturing your baby girl." THat comment is now in my mind forever when I think about my son's birth. I think that was kind of inappropriate.

Very inappropriate! The first thing I heard after I found out my twins were boys was "I'm so sorry" from DP so I had no chance really to think my own positive thoughts about it, grr

monkeysnuffer
September 13th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Very inappropriate! The first thing I heard after I found out my twins were boys was "I'm so sorry" from DP so I had no chance really to think my own positive thoughts about it, grr

Argh sometimes our loved ones can make us feel the worst! Your twins are adorable btw.

1+2+3boys
September 22nd, 2013, 02:11 AM
Argh sometimes our loved ones can make us feel the worst! Your twins are adorable btw.

Thanks, they are the lights of my life. That's kind of why I want to go team green next time and find out the sex by looking myself and telling no one to announce it so no one says it in a certain tone that night influence how I feel.

GD sure comes and goes. A few weeks ago I was feeling really positive seeing my DSs play with their two big bros and made me feel like I would be O.K with another boy but the last week I have been thinking of baby girls heaps and worrying about whether I will ever have one.