PDA

View Full Version : Critique my girl diet?

jd03pd
February 4th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Okay, I'll be TTC a girl in July of this year. When I diet, it is easier for me to just follow the same menu for days on end. Could you girls tell me how this looks and if there are any issues with it?

Breakfast: Nothing

Snack: Crystal Light and Peppermint Tea (This is to fill me up without adding any additional calories...however, do either of them raise blood sugar?!?)

Lunch: Greek yogurt, strawberries with Equal, one cup of organic fat free milk or diet Cranberry juice

Snack: Crystal Light and Peppermint Tea

Dinner: calcium fortified pasta with parmesan cheese or white rice, cucumbers or green beans, one cup organic fat free milk or diet cranberry juice

Snack: Crystal Light and Peppermint Tea

Thanks ladies!

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Its so wonderful you're giving yourself so much prep time! In my opinion, you could add a little variety and not mess things up but others know more than me ...there are foods that help with things like lowering cholesterol, upping calcium, etc but if this diet works for you, awesome! One question is why the greek yogurt instead of normal yogurt?

atomic sagebrush
February 4th, 2011, 10:14 AM
It looks fantastic.

I do agree with lindi, you could probably add a little variety like apples without peels, iceberg lettuce, etc. A little apple or salad here or there will not hurt your sway and just know that if you need to eat a little protein here and there, that is ok too.

There were some stories circulating that diet drinks raise blood sugar and can cause diabetes. According to the latest info, diet drinks DO NOT raise blood sugar and in fact may actually lower it, but they may cause diabetes anyway. The sweet taste tricks your body into thinking that you just ate some sugar so your body releases insulin to counteract it, but since you didn't actually eat sugar your blood sugar levels actually drop lower than they were before you drank the soda. Over time this is not good for you because your body begins to get immune to the effects of the insulin, and can cause insulin resistance just as if you ate sugar (that's why diet drinks are linked to Type 2 diabetes, NOT because they raise blood sugar which had been speculated about.) But for the length of time that we are swaying, it is FINE to drink aspartame and other diet drinks. They will not raise your blood sugar.

jd03pd
February 4th, 2011, 11:00 PM
Just iceberg lettuce? Yuck, I can't handle salad without any dressing. I'm high maintenance like that.
I do agree that I can add a small apple in every now and again...I was also thinking to mix the greek yogurt with some tahini and putting it on a slice of homemade unsalted bread.
Thanks for your input, ladies! I appreciate it.

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 12:41 AM
p.s. I love just plain tahini on low salt bread.

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 01:11 AM
IG reccomends only greek or organic yogurt

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 01:31 PM
IG reccomends only greek or organic yogurt

As long as it's fat free, greek and organic yogurt is fine, but very very high in protein. Personally I would stick with good old Yoplait light though.

Greek yogurt is similar in potassium, has slightly less sodium, but has WAY more protein and the fat free kinds can be hard to find.

jd03pd
February 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
As long as it's fat free, greek and organic yogurt is fine, but very very high in protein. Personally I would stick with good old Yoplait light though.

Greek yogurt is similar in potassium, has slightly less sodium, but has WAY more protein and the fat free kinds can be hard to find.

Yeah, maybe I'll only have greek yogurt every now and again to put on the homemade white bread with tahini. I'll stick with the Yoplait Light mostly!

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Just iceberg lettuce? Yuck, I can't handle salad without any dressing. I'm high maintenance like that.
I do agree that I can add a small apple in every now and again...I was also thinking to mix the greek yogurt with some tahini and putting it on a slice of homemade unsalted bread.
Thanks for your input, ladies! I appreciate it.

My friend made a pretty decent salad dressing out of tahini, plain yogurt, and cranberry juice! Even her husband liked it and now they actually eat it from time to time.

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Here's a link to the diet suggestions that I came up with.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink

I think we also need a recipe thread where we can exchange recipes. I'll hit up my friend for her magic salad dressing recipe!!

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Yeah, maybe I'll only have greek yogurt every now and again to put on the homemade white bread with tahini. I'll stick with the Yoplait Light mostly!

I think that's a great idea! Like as a cream cheese replacement!! Good idea!!

jd03pd
February 6th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Definitely get that salad dressing recipe! That sounds YUM! Well...as yum as it can in girl diet world.