PDA

View Full Version : What's more important, low blood sugar or losing weight?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 27th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Not sure if this has been asked before. I was just wondering what is more important in the LE diet, low blood sugar or losing weight? I can't get through the morning without a cup of tea. I put rice milk in it and a teaspoon of real sugar. I know you're supposed to use a sweetener but I tried and hated it. So I assume my blood sugar levels go up. That being said, I'm doing great on the diet and am on day 5. Think I've lost a bit of weight. Just wondering if the weight loss is still good if you don't get your levels low. Thanks.

atomic sagebrush
July 27th, 2012, 02:07 PM
We don't know and have no way to know, not enough info.

Your blood sugar goes up a bit in the morning naturally anyway, so if you have a little bit of sugar, it's not the end of the world. Much better than having a full breakfast with protein and carbs! Yoru blood sugar will still be lower than it would have been had you eaten a big breakfast.

babygirl
November 16th, 2012, 02:26 AM
ok just wondering, with my first 2 sons i was borderline anorexic(long story but all good now)hardly ate anything and was very underweight. I still got 2 sons. Now i am a nice rounded cuddly kind gal with plenty of stored energy for everyone,(breastfeeding makes me gain weight, well that's my story and i'm sticking to it lol) do you think i need to start the diet and be on it for longer, lose the weight first? or is the point to get pregnant while the body is shedding its insulation??
My 5th son i conceived while losing weight but had no clue about rephresh,vitex(had taken vitex before but didnt know it swayed) etc so didnt sway, with my 6th little lad (dam cute button) i was on one diet with lots of milk strawberries peppermint tea etc and still had a boy. Hhhhmmmmm, not looking good for me i think, hopefully with the rephresh to make me more acidic, Dh boy spermies can fry lol

Crystal13
November 17th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Very interesting, I would be interested to find out the answers too babygirl so I'm bumping this. Bump!

atomic sagebrush
November 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
For some reason that we do not understand, people who have recovered from eating disorders seem to have more boys. (I do not think I've ever seen a girl mom who said they had an eating disorder, even tho many of them are very tiny and diet all the time as a habit, whereas seriously like 10-20% of the all boy moms had one.)

Also, I have a study done on it and women who had eating disorders and being treated for them, but were still ovulating normally, also had way more boys (the true anorexics/bulimics had way more girls.) I have this full study but for soem reason can only find the abstract Maternal eating disorders influence sex ratio at birth - BULIK - 2010 - Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica - Wiley Online Library (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1080/00016340802334385/abstract;jsessionid=90FFA82947C34509CA0B3D3438376B 36.d04t02?deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=&userIsAuthenticated=false)

Obviously I am not advising this as a sway tactic (AT ALL)! but I'm just trying to explain that a)there seems to be something with eating disorders and having boys and b)it may be that for some of us, we're able to keep functioning on not a lot of food and stay pretty fertile that way.

Speculation aside, in both groups in the study, they had both boys and girls, it's just that the proportions were skewed. I think that Mother Nature just doesn't WANT anything to be 100% effective when it comes to gender ratio, she wants both boys and girls to keep on being born, so even if a person is doing everything right for pink, sometimes the die falls a different way.

We don't KNOW what is better, actively losing weight or being on the diet longer. I think they both sway pink. Tentatively, we seem to have better results amongst people who have been on diet longer. I'm not sure if this is a for-real thing or just a coincidence at this point and I also think that you have to take into account the amount of weight you can spare and your overall general condition - if you weigh 160 lbs, then it would be best to be on diet longer because just losing 10 lbs may not cut it...you're just not going to be that depleted. Whereas if you weigh 85 lbs (yes, there was one woman on here who weighed 85 lbs and thought she needed to stay on diet a long time and lose MORE weight) then you can't spare the weight and shouldn't lose anything. Most of us are somewhere in the middle.

The thing to focus on is declining condition - if your condition is declining, you're more likely to have a girl. The diet, weight loss, etc. are all means to an end - ways to get into declining condition. But some of us don't get into declining condition that easily, which is good for survival of course, but not as good for swaying. It's the declining condition that sways, not doing a diet per se.