PDA

View Full Version : Is oatmeal okay to eat???how about pudding?

mkarntz1980
February 4th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I have heard conflicting views about eating oatmeal for TTC girl, what do you think? Also would vanilla pudding be okay to eat? Like the organic pudding? Or any kind in general? I make the IG pudding and it seems to fattening

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 03:51 PM
lots of the IG stuff seems fattening to me too! I read that the lower your diet is in saturated fat the more likely to have a girl. I've found lots of problems with the IG diet. But I like the scones. You'd have to check the sodium and potassium for the pudding. Oatmeal is low sodium and potassium, it's also highly acidic. But here's the testosterone thing: Arginine, the other testosterone stimulating amino acid, is present in beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, oatmeal, wheat germ, nuts, seeds and dairy products.
Oats
In addition to containing arginine, oats also contain a unique class of nutrient called avenacosides that also stimulate luteinizing hormone secretion. Though a normal serving size of oatmeal doesn't have a sufficiently high level of avenacosides to stimulate testosterone production, regular consumption of oats and oatmeal can have a cumulative effect. More often, avenacosides are consumed in a concentrated extract form.

I'm a little obsessed with lowering my testosterone but that's just me. YOu can get a better answer form someone else. So... it's a trade off in my opinion.

mkarntz1980
February 4th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Okay I dont mean eat it like everyday, yeah its hard I have read its good to eat oatmeal cause its acidic, and I have heard not to

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 04:37 PM
why did you hear not to?

Coccinelle33
February 4th, 2011, 11:45 PM
on the french diet they had rice pudding. i was eating a ton of it when i was ttc my dd. i also ate it with my last baby though. i think i might this time for a treat every now and then though.

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 12:07 AM
Well first Tamara had said oatmeal was okay, then she switched and said it has testerone in it....I know many girls on another gender board that I go to that ate oatmeal like crazy and had girls though.....

Coccinelle33
February 5th, 2011, 12:25 AM
i would stay away from oatmeal or anything else with a lot of nutrients but thats just me.

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 12:33 AM
yeah there is a very for-sure correlation between women who eat breakfast cereal and having sons. Don't know if oatmeal counts since its not fortified, but mommy*duke is right its got lots of vits and mins. You could get something acidic, low sodium, low potassium like rice cereal and eat that instead? I wonder if they make non fortified rice cereal.

Coccinelle33
February 5th, 2011, 01:01 AM
i have ate eggs since i was a young child. i normally eat bagels with cream cheese, oatmeal, cereal, or a muffin with cheese and veggie susage and i have almost all boys. i was eating breakfast when ttc my dd though. whole wheat bagles and low fat cream cheese and puffed rice cereal... i will skip it this time though and no eat any cereal at all.

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Yeah I have some puffed rice cereal, it only contains rice and its VERY low nutrient...its my treat sometimes, i put kefir in it, add a bunch of aspartame and put strawberries on top lol. Oh by the way, I dont eat breakfast, I dont eat untill around noon and I either have some egg beaters and cranberry juice, or I have a yogurt with aspartame and cranberry juice

Coccinelle33
February 5th, 2011, 01:21 AM
i have ate eggs since i was a young child. i normally eat bagels with cream cheese, oatmeal, cereal, or a muffin with cheese and veggie susage and i have almost all boys. i was eating breakfast when ttc my dd though. whole wheat bagles and low fat cream cheese and puffed rice cereal... i will skip it this time though and no eat any cereal at all.

i meant to say i HAVEN'T ate eggs since i was a young child.... im thinking about adding them in this time some how even though i hate them. it seems like a lot of girls who were eating a lot of them had girls. im skipping breakfast so maybe for lunch once a week or something?

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:18 PM
i meant to say i HAVEN'T ate eggs since i was a young child.... im thinking about adding them in this time some how even though i hate them. it seems like a lot of girls who were eating a lot of them had girls. im skipping breakfast so maybe for lunch once a week or something?

For lunch once a week, yes eggs are fine. 6 1/2 grams of protein per egg, so don't overdo.

Remember that anyone trying to sway pink and following the IG diet WILL eat eggs because that's what they were told to eat. There is nothing magic about them though, of course. Those girls were probably doing lots of other things that swayed pink so the eggs were probably not the big piece of the puzzle.

Personally, I think large numbers of eggs will sway BLUE not pink. Not only do they have protein, but also cholesterol and remember cholesterol is what your body uses to MAKE testosterone.

Oatmeal does lower cholesterol.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:26 PM
I have heard conflicting views about eating oatmeal for TTC girl, what do you think? Also would vanilla pudding be okay to eat? Like the organic pudding? Or any kind in general? I make the IG pudding and it seems to fattening

I have mixed emotions towards oatmeal. On the one hand, it's pretty low cal, low sodium, and the soluble fiber in it carries away good fats, cholesterol, and fat-soluble vitamins that sway blue. On the other hand, it is VERY healthy, has tons of B vitamins, the avenacosides are a phytonutrient and most phytonutrients sway blue, and has TONS of protein. If you're craving it, it's ok now and then but I would not advocate building a sway around it.

Personally, I think sticking with those horrible refined grains like white flour and white rice are best for a pink sway.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:27 PM
lots of the IG stuff seems fattening to me too! I read that the lower your diet is in saturated fat the more likely to have a girl. I've found lots of problems with the IG diet. But I like the scones. You'd have to check the sodium and potassium for the pudding. Oatmeal is low sodium and potassium, it's also highly acidic. But here's the testosterone thing: Arginine, the other testosterone stimulating amino acid, is present in beef, chicken, fish, shellfish, oatmeal, wheat germ, nuts, seeds and dairy products.
Oats
In addition to containing arginine, oats also contain a unique class of nutrient called avenacosides that also stimulate luteinizing hormone secretion. Though a normal serving size of oatmeal doesn't have a sufficiently high level of avenacosides to stimulate testosterone production, regular consumption of oats and oatmeal can have a cumulative effect. More often, avenacosides are consumed in a concentrated extract form.

I'm a little obsessed with lowering my testosterone but that's just me. YOu can get a better answer form someone else. So... it's a trade off in my opinion.

Interesting! I'll have to look into that a little more!

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:33 PM
yeah there is a very for-sure correlation between women who eat breakfast cereal and having sons. Don't know if oatmeal counts since its not fortified, but mommy*duke is right its got lots of vits and mins. You could get something acidic, low sodium, low potassium like rice cereal and eat that instead? I wonder if they make non fortified rice cereal.

I think it's the law that cereals are fortified. I have a bag of puffed rice and it IS fortified.

The thing is, and even Fiona Matthews, the lady who did the "breakfast cereal" study even suspects this - it may not BE breakfast cereal or anything about cereal that sways. It may be BREAKFAST itself that sways, and people just tend to eat cereal for breakfast, so it looks like cereal is swaying when it isn't. Also, people who eat cereal have been found to have overall more healthy diets than people who don't, so again, it may be totally coincidental.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:35 PM
on the french diet they had rice pudding. i was eating a ton of it when i was ttc my dd. i also ate it with my last baby though. i think i might this time for a treat every now and then though.

Definitely! As long as it is low fat - I hope it's not made with tons of butter or anything LOL!! It sounds really good.

You also might be able to make a kind of flan, if anyone knows what that is. Like custard. I'll post a recipe later.

lindi
February 6th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Interesting! I'll have to look into that a little more!

Yup. Add it to the boy sway. Its known to significantly raise T.