PDA

View Full Version : For all those moms of larger mixed gender families

Mrs_P
July 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
How many children have you had of one sex before you got the opposite sex?

Just wondering if there is any real sort of pattern, i note that a few moms have mixed families naturally anyway but often with a run of either boys or girls in the middle

bythestream
July 28th, 2012, 06:24 PM
There is a lady who has a blog called the marathon mum, she has 8 boys no girls!

BeadinMom
July 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
There is a lady who has a blog called the marathon mum, she has 8 boys no girls!

Not encouraging... LOL :drama:

atomic sagebrush
July 28th, 2012, 08:15 PM
It's a little bit hard to say because usually when people have a long run and then get an opposite, they stop having kids.

I have 4 b 1 g
My husband's grandma had 5 b 1 g
My great grandma had 6 g, 2 b
I know a lady from IG who had a boy, then 6 girls, than 2 boys
And another lady who has 5 g 1 B.

The Duggars have a run of B/G, then a run of B, then a run of G.
Then there's the Arndt family which has the potential to make all of us break out in a cold sweat with a long run of boys, one daughter, and then another long run of boys Meet The Arndt Family (2010) - FamTeam.com (http://www.famteam.com/meet/)

I do think there are a disproportionate number of runs than should be statistically expected in bigger families, that's something that could desperately use a study!!

Mrs_P
July 29th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks girls, i didn't neccessarily mean like hugely large just anything over 3 really. Atomics do nothing sway go me thinking, is it abnormal anyway even if you do nothing to have a large number of one sex. Eg if 80% of moms with four or five kids go on to have an opposite it works to our advantage anyway.

Sounds strange but i like the percentages thing it makes me stress less, if the fact that i have three kids makes me more likely to get an opposite it stops me stressing so much about my sway. maybe slightly strange but may help lower t levels lol.

i noticed a few moms with five kids on here swaying girl but already had a girl in the mix anyway just surrounded by boys in a run.

There was a mom on the tele over here a year or so ago - 8 boys and wanting a girl but she had had a girl (as in conceived a girl) but unfortunately she was born with a problem i think and sadly didn't make it. So although she did have 8 she'd statistically had a girl (must have been worse for her though to want something so badly she's already had but had it taken away from her)

Lucky-happy-blessed
July 29th, 2012, 03:22 PM
I had three boys then a girl then two more boys:flowerz:

I didn't sway for any of them apart from boy number 5 who was a failed very poor attempt at an ig sway. Since being on here I've noticed a lot of things I may have been doing in the past to unintentionally sway (such as losing weight before I got pregnant with my dd and using pre-seed with my younger boys etc)

Mrs_P
July 29th, 2012, 04:23 PM
thank you lucky i hope it works for you a second time

love-my-kids
August 1st, 2012, 03:27 PM
All with the same daddy-

BOY, BOY, GIRL, BOY, BOY, and GIRL we seem to have a pattern as my kids would say :)

NewYorkmom
August 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
I will have boy(5), girl (3), boy (1) and a girl on the way in December. My lifestyle/diet is very boy friendly. With my first daughter I was dieting and running a lot. This current pregnancy I followed the low everything diet.

Mrs_P
August 2nd, 2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks girls

Seems comforting a little to know that massively long runs of boys are not that common still seems like a girl is impossible for me though

Winngrin
August 2nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I also obsess over this very topic, and I also have 3 boys. Seems like we should get one teensy little girl thrown our way, right????? I analyze every family I know. I have a friend who had 3 girls and then a boy so I'm hoping Im her opposite. But the family next door has 4 girls, so Im hoping Im NOT their opposite! Its really enough to drive you crazy. I know in my heart that the gender of my next child (if I get pg) is in no way related to what anyone else has, but its still hard not to compare. Last year every single one of the people I knew that were pregnant except me and one other, had girls. So Im hoping their run is over and its my turn! Wishing us both a pink bundle.....BEFORE we lose our minds ;)

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2012, 10:04 AM
Winn, we have a family in our town with 6 girls and then I had the 4 boys and everyone was like, you're their opposite! But nope!

Surprise5th
August 21st, 2012, 12:07 PM
I really like the idea of patterns and percentages, but I think I broke all the rules and I can't find a pattern with my kids. I have a girl and 3 boys, and I am pregnant again, don't know if it is a boy or a girl. I feel like if my "book-ends" were girls it would be a good pattern. Fingers crossed!

Mum23boys
August 21st, 2012, 01:47 PM
Ooo Ill be keeping an eye on this a mum to 3 boys too - would be nice to add a girl in the mix as im from an all girl family but dh family is practically all men for like 5 generations so i dont hold out much hope.

babygirlforme
August 22nd, 2012, 01:02 AM
Thanks girls

Seems comforting a little to know that massively long runs of boys are not that common still seems like a girl is impossible for me though

Know the feeling.

I have had 5 boys in a row and then finally conceived a DD that I m/c. I can't imagine being lucky enough to conceive another DD but trying so hard to be positive. Wishing you luck!

ELP
August 22nd, 2012, 03:11 AM
I've got gbbgbgggb with the last b swayed for. My biggest run of 3 g's in a row fitted a classic LE time in my life :)