PDA

View Full Version : Girl sway plan - what do you think?

weeziewoozles
July 28th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Ok. My plan is basically the LE diet (no brekkie, no caffeine or alcohol, low salt rye crackers or omelette for lunch, veggie dinners - pulses rice, pasta, fruit maybe to snack, water to drink) with no supplements other than folic acid. When I conceived my boys I was eating lots but mostly healthy, and taking loads of supplements including calcium and magnesium. So...my logic is that I shouldn't take them this time. I'm not a believer in the ions or bits under the bed so probably won't worry about them. Timing wise, I'm a little confused. DH is 40 so I gather we shouldn't abstain, i.e. FR is safer. So do we BD before or at O? I want to make sure I understand as then my stress levels will be lower.
Thanks ladies x

atomic sagebrush
July 29th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Hi WW!

:agree: with your diet but I did want to let you know that both caffeine and moderate alcohol intake is allowed on LE Diet.

I agree with your logic totally and that's what got me a girl after 4 boys where I was eating or taking high amounts of cal-mag.

For frequency, I would do FR for 7-10 days and then have 1 attempt the day of a positive OPK (the day before O). This gives you best odds of conception with only one attempt. Then if you don't get pg with one attempt, after a couple months you can add in more attempts, 3-5 attempts in your fertile microwindow of o-2, O-1, and O day.

Mum23boys
July 30th, 2012, 06:49 AM
Whats classed as moderate atomic - Im quite partial to a glass of wine ( just 1 - rose wine ) atleast 3 times a week sometimes more - working with 10 kids all ay everyday from 7am - 6pm dictates it - if i ddnt have my wine at the end of the day i think id rip my hair out !!!

weeziewoozles
July 30th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks Atomic. We'll do that then. Wanted to avoid the choc and alcohol as the calories add up too fast for me. I'll need all my cals for food!
Just spotted that you get to meet your girly really soon! Good luck!

weeziewoozles
July 30th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Oh and am I right in saying DH shouldn't lose weight.Should he not change his diet then? DH takes CaMg, B-complex, vit C and St John's Wort. Are they ok for pink? He took Zinc last time but he shouldn't for pink right?