PDA

View Full Version : supplement help

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
so I am only taking vitex AF-O

which of these should I only take AF-O as well? PS I am NOT TTC this month and NO fear of accidentally being pg

B6
Calcium/Mag
Cran
licorice + white peony
fiber capsules
folic acid
cayenne pepper capsules

thanks!

crystal-light
February 4th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Cranberry should be stopped at O as it can cause miscarriage. B6, cal/mag, folic acid and fiber are all ok to continue after O.
Not sure about the licorice or cayenne pepper.

lindi
February 4th, 2011, 10:23 PM
great. will do next month. this month no ttc

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't take licorice or cayenne during the 2WW and everything else I totally agree with Crystal!

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 05:16 PM
well cayenne might help with implantation? I could stop it around 7 DPO? I only take half of whats recommended on the bottle

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:49 AM
I have no evidence against cayenne, and it does promote circulation and blood flow. I just say "don't take during 2 WW" because the safety is unknown.

You ~may~ want to wean yourself off the cayenne and not just quit cold turkey, so start taking less and less. It's probably ok, but obviously it's best to err on the side of safety.

lindi
February 6th, 2011, 11:53 AM
hm. can't really wean I'm taking the smallest dose- maybe every other day? would that make a difference?

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Yes, that does make a difference. Then you can do two days, three, etc.

Another princess
February 7th, 2011, 01:16 AM
Sorry to interrupt this thread, So what is the purpose of taking fiber supps? thanks

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Fiber will help carry fat, cholesterol, and fat soluble vitamins A and D out of your body and also help with the constipation that a lot of girl dieters have.

I need to edit and add this to the girl supps but I haven't yet.

lindi
February 7th, 2011, 04:18 PM
Yup fiber effectively lowers testosterone