PDA

View Full Version : Taking a break

tinksmagic
July 31st, 2012, 01:45 AM
Thank you to everyone who has been following my journey. I've been doing what I can to get healthy since my m/c and it's been a very positive experience with tons of great changes. I've learned a lot and met a lot of wonderful people (and inspired a few to boot!) and my journey to health continues.

My doctor experiences haven't been quite as positive leaving me with many unanswered questions and a lot of very upset feelings when they just won't listen! I did go back to my ENT (and will be seeing an endo as well when I find one I like) and had my thyroid levels done. My bloodwork came back with a rising TSH (still within "normal" levels, but still rising) and a very high TPO. That prompted an ultrasound and it was found that my remaining right side thyroid is enlarged and has nodules. I go for a fine needle aspiration again Wednesday to see if they are cancerous. I'll probably end up with a complete thyroidectomy when all is said and done.

I am thankful that we are starting to make progress in getting to the bottom of the problem, but it will put me out another 8 months or so once we know what's going on. That being said, I'm doing more and more research to fix me but without the thyroid functioning correctly, I have a 0 chance of a healthy baby much less 2.

auroara78
July 31st, 2012, 11:35 AM
Ahh, tinks, just wanted to offer :bighugs: and I'm sorry to hear that the chances of conceving a healthy baby is low...but I still have hope for you. I do think it is extremely enpowering all the information you are finding out about being healthy, that is truly awesome.

ELP
September 8th, 2012, 05:19 AM
Best of luck tinks:) I hope to see you back soon with the all clear and a fast bfp xxxx