PDA

View Full Version : Ready to scream!

tinksmagic
July 31st, 2012, 03:09 AM
Here's one for you, Atomic....

I've been "studying" everything you've written these past years on what to take to basically "fix" issues and get healthy. Actually I've been reading everything I can get my hands on for the last 5 months.

Since I now have a good starting point on what I need to eat/take in order to appease the thyroid gods, would you believe that about 90% of what the average person would consume to be healthy and have a good chance at getting pregnant is counter-productive to the thyroid function?

I'm beyond annoyed at everything I'm finding, basically it leaves very VERY LITTLE left to eat that would actually be healthy for you. I'm not one to believe everything I read especially if it's online, but reputable sites (med sites, .edu, .gov types etc...) are all stating the same.

What is there left to eat????

How can something that supposed to "heal" you be the very things that your thyroid uses against you?!? Seems everything is a thyroid inhibitor.

Now I've already cut out dairy, sugar, most meats, alcohol, and caffeine. That in theory leaves grains, fruits and vegetables. BUT since most grains contain gluten, I've had to go gluten free since gluten allows the white blood cells to attack the thyroid. That leaves rice and corn... Corn is ok as long as it's tolerated and I can, but anything "snacky" made with corn (tortilla chips) is all cooked in oils that are anti-thyroid!!! And about half of veggies unless cooked (and still not 100% proved) are anti-thyroid as well.

I can't win.... :(