PDA

View Full Version : Question about Endometriosis

NCBeachyGrl
July 31st, 2012, 02:24 PM
My cousin has been diagnosed with Endometriosis for some while now and I think everything seemed to have been OK for her and wasn't causing any problems. She has been TTC for 8 months now with no luck...although it might have been her timing. She was only BD'ing 3 days before O and a day after O so I am thinking that could have been the problem. She is new to TTC so I think she has been misinformed.

Anyways, I know Endometriosis can cause infertility and if she isn't preggo in the next few months she is going to have to go do testing, which she will be really upset about. But, if anyone has it, is there anything she can do to up her odds of getting pregnant?

wilma_five
July 31st, 2012, 02:49 PM
Yes, bd on the day of +opk but you already now that one!
Healthy lifestyle, losing weight (don't know how "big" she is), bd every other day for good sperm, prop hips afterwards, no stress, etc.

NCBeachyGrl
July 31st, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yes, bd on the day of +opk but you already now that one!
Healthy lifestyle, losing weight (don't know how "big" she is), bd every other day for good sperm, prop hips afterwards, no stress, etc.

Thanks!!!!Yeah...I introduced her to the Sperm Meets Egg plan! LOL! She is very healthy & perfect weight for her size...she is very tall!

stacey221958
July 31st, 2012, 10:40 PM
My cousin has been diagnosed with Endometriosis for some while now and I think everything seemed to have been OK for her and wasn't causing any problems. She has been TTC for 8 months now with no luck...although it might have been her timing. She was only BD'ing 3 days before O and a day after O so I am thinking that could have been the problem. She is new to TTC so I think she has been misinformed.

Anyways, I know Endometriosis can cause infertility and if she isn't preggo in the next few months she is going to have to go do testing, which she will be really upset about. But, if anyone has it, is there anything she can do to up her odds of getting pregnant?

It would also depend on the severity of the Endometriosis, I have had to have mine cleared away every three/four years. I think if she hasn't gotten pregnant within a year of trying she should see her doctor for additional tests. They would probably do a laparoscopy and clear it away.

michaela
August 1st, 2012, 12:22 AM
I agree, she needs to have a lap done to remove the endo. I have heard of people having great success after a lap is done with endo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCBeachyGrl
August 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Thanks!!!!!! I will encourage her to get it checked sooner rather than later!!