PDA

View Full Version : Low estrogen. Maybe?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 31st, 2012, 03:11 PM
Ok. I'm officially crazy!!! I will aplogize now for this post. I am on cd 12. I use cbe fertility monitor. It's my 1st month using it after my son was born last year. On cd 10 and 11 the estrogen line of the stick looked like it was getting lighter and the lh line was getting a tiny bit darker. I looked it up and the light estrogen line means the estrogen is getting stronger. Well this morning the estrogen line is very dark and the lh line almost isn't visible. I wasn't expecting this after 2 days of lighter tests. I'm getting concerned that something may be wrong with my estrogen. It should be getting lighter on the stick. I've had highs every day, but today looks like it should be a low. Any insight? Technology has made me wacky!!

Ktiguewantspink
July 31st, 2012, 05:27 PM
Hi,
Quick question for you, have you gotten your ppaf yet? I only ask because I was diagnosed with low estrogen before I had my first ds. I went to the doctor and was given provera for ten days and did not bleed from this, therefore low estrogen( no build up of lining to bleed). All of this was caused from not cycling on my own for ten years, I was on birth control and my body forget how to produce hormones on its own. I know my situation is different but I wanted to add my experience into how I knew I had low estrogen via no bleed. I'm sure atomic or someone else will chime in with more help. Oh and I am on my fourth cycle after stopped breastfeeding and my first cycle after my first ppaf was 50 days, next cycle 34 days now it looks to be around 31 days so getting better. If you are just getting your cycles back maybe this is why you are having this experience.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
July 31st, 2012, 07:22 PM
I just had my 1st ppaf on July 19th. You are making me feel better. Maybe my cycle is just out of whack. I never really o'ed before cd 16 or 17. I'm cd 12 but I thought it may happen because the sticks looked promising. Hopefully the next few days will look a little better. Good luck to you and thanks for sharing your story.

Ktiguewantspink
July 31st, 2012, 07:59 PM
Oh and I wanted to add I just used the cbfm first the first time last cycle and all of my sticks estrogen line was very faint and didn't get dark until my peak day so I think your fine. Your body is taking a bit longer but don't worry you will more than likely ovulate sooner and sooner each cycle or hopefully you'll just be pregnant!!! Good luck!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 1st, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond to my crazy rant. Good luck to you too!!!

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2012, 02:02 PM
Ktigue thanks so much for a great answer! I really have nothing to add, it's very normal for your hormones to be strange the first few cycles back. If you're really concerned you should have a doctor run blood tests because going off the darkness/lightness of test lines really isn't a reliable way to diagnose anything.