PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Store tests versus FRER and other expensive tests

NCBeachyGrl
August 1st, 2012, 08:14 AM
Anyone had any experiences with dollar store tests showing *something* before a FRER? I have always thought FRER were the best, but I have heard from various ppl that they had better experiences with cheap tests? Any truth to it?

HopingForPigtails
August 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM
I recently got a BFP and used some FRERs and just some generic drug store brands. I think the generics worked better!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 1st, 2012, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback! It seems like I have heard a lof of ppl not getting as early results with FRER lately. I wonder if it had anything to do with the change in design?

NCBeachyGrl
August 2nd, 2012, 08:40 AM
So...what about internet cheapies? Are they showing + earlier than FRER too?

NCBeachyGrl
August 5th, 2012, 03:20 PM
I just wanted to come back and update in case anyone else has this question!

Yes...apparently dollar store tests and IC pick up a BFP before a FRER!!! I got a faint + on IC at 8 DPO and at 9 DPO got a faint, but obvious line on FRER. Then at 10DPO I got a "pregnant" on a clearblue digital (got a not pregnant on 9 DPO), the FRER looked the same as 9 DPO, and then at 11 DPO I got a really strong BFP on FRER.

Yep...full on POAS addict!!!

Praying4Pink
August 6th, 2012, 05:47 PM
NC I can tell you by my experience...which was only once, lol that the dollar store does pick up before FRER. With my son I purchased a $tree test just because I didn't really think I was pregnant. Well I took that baby and sure enough...the line was clear as day. I was shocked beyond belief so I ran back out and purchased a FRER and the thing freaked me out because it was so light I barely saw it. All worked out though :cool:

Butterfly Spirit
August 6th, 2012, 06:06 PM
This is the only way it's ever worked for me since DS#2, and I don't even trust FRER anymore. I always get a GOOD line on the $1 tests, and that is what I tell everyone to buy! Cheapies are nice however because you get a ton for your money and have them on hand when you buy an ebay kit! I still prefer $1 test.. as soon as I see a ghostline on the cheapie I run out and get one! LOL

hotdogz&boyz
August 8th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I used to love FRER. They were always my "go-to" for early testing. I couldn't stand the internet cheapies, I always had a hard time reading them and had several indent lines that were not true positives. BUT the change in FRER has made me remarkably less impressed. I actually found a CBE digi to be more sensitive. I took one with my last pregnancy at 9DPO because I had a "super-faint, super-squinter" on a FRER and wanted to see if a digi could take the guesswork out. And sure enough, it said PREG. I called my RE (just for blood thinners, but still an RE) and they sent me for betas that day. My beta an HOUR after the digi was 10. So that sucker impressed the heck out of me :) So I say they are pretty good for early testing too. Especially if you happened to get them free in a pack of ov tests!