PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take this diet to start lowering your ph???

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 12:16 AM
I have been on the IG diet mostly (excluding green beans and cucumbers as they are alkaline) for about 4 weeks not, no cheats at all. My ph is actually higher n ow than before I started swaying!!! Before I started I checked ph it was a 4.5, now I cant get it under a 5.5, sometimes its a 6! I dont know what to do! I would rather lower it with diet and supps than douches etc. any advice? Oh and CL doesnt seem to do much for me, neither do the cranberry supps

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 12:40 AM
wow. that's commitment! I don't really know. If acidifying is your number one priority, here are acidifying foods:

(It is interesting to note that nutrient status can be impacted by the acid-base balance in the body. Researchers in Germany found that "acid-base status affects renal magnesium losses, irrespectively of magnesium intake." This means that besides not eating enough foods high in magnesium, an acid load in the body could be another factor that contributes to a magnesium deficiency condition. - and hence calcium deficiency)

Acidic Foods

Corn
Meat
Beans
Fish
Fowl
Most grains
Coffee
Plums
Prunes
Cranberries
Distilled water
*I get a lot of email from people saying distilled water is not acidic or that it is very healthy for you to drink. According to the Environmental Protection web site, "Pure distilled water would have tested neutral, but pure distilled water is not easily obtained because carbon dioxide in the air around us mixes, or dissolves, in the water, making it somewhat acidic. The pH of distilled water is between 5.6 and 7". The pH of distilled water I have bought from stores and tested myself at home has always tested out to be acidic.

Very Acidic Foods and Supplements Include

Eggs
Liver and other organ meats
Gravy
Broth made from bones or other animal parts
Wine
Yogurt with active cultures
Buttermilk, including buttermilk pancakes and biscuits
Sour cream
Most fermented foods and aged cheeses
Some B vitamin supplements (or foods supplemented with B vitamins) can make your stomach more acid
Hydrochloric acid supplements
Digestive enzymes
Please note that fermented foods like yogurt, buttermilk and sour cream seem to become more acidic in the body if they contain some types of active cultures of helpful bacteria.

Of course stay away from meat for other reasons, and find low potassium sodium things on that list?

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 01:19 AM
Okay thanks....I have been going off the IG diet, one thing it could be is I have been eating ALOT. Even though off the IG diet, I am CONSTANTLY snacking and have gained 10 lbs since being on this diet! I eat ricecakes like there going out of style, nutragrain bars, hmmm yeah I dont know whats going on. Im thinking it has to do with my weight gain. Oh what about shrimp? Is shrimp okay? I LOVE shrimp. I just started adding broiled fish to my diet ( tilapia, cod, scallops) a few days ago. I wasnt eating much plain rice though and I know thats very acidic. Honestly I think I am just a naturallly alkaline person and its gonna take some hard work to get my ph down!

what do you normally eat lindi?

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Oh corn and beans arent on the IG diet, do they raise testosterone or something??? I wouldnt mind eating corn or beans but its not on the IG diet tiers

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 01:20 AM
What exactly do you mean by grains? rice and bread?

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 01:58 PM
I have been on the IG diet mostly (excluding green beans and cucumbers as they are alkaline) for about 4 weeks not, no cheats at all. My ph is actually higher n ow than before I started swaying!!! Before I started I checked ph it was a 4.5, now I cant get it under a 5.5, sometimes its a 6! I dont know what to do! I would rather lower it with diet and supps than douches etc. any advice? Oh and CL doesnt seem to do much for me, neither do the cranberry supps

M, my experience was (and I did not believe in pH or know this going in), I started losing weight and my pH went from 6 plus, to 4.5 within about two weeks. It was dramatic, night and day difference. I wonder if the weight gain may be somehow responsible (I don't see how it could be scientifically, because weight loss releases acidic byproducts and I've never read anything about weight gain counteracting that, but just a thought.) I also think you may be onto something in terms of calcium is very alkaline and maybe the increase in calcium via diet could have something to do with that.

Please note, it didn't help me conceive a girl though.

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Okay thanks....I have been going off the IG diet, one thing it could be is I have been eating ALOT. Even though off the IG diet, I am CONSTANTLY snacking and have gained 10 lbs since being on this diet! I eat ricecakes like there going out of style, nutragrain bars, hmmm yeah I dont know whats going on. Im thinking it has to do with my weight gain. Oh what about shrimp? Is shrimp okay? I LOVE shrimp. I just started adding broiled fish to my diet ( tilapia, cod, scallops) a few days ago. I wasnt eating much plain rice though and I know thats very acidic. Honestly I think I am just a naturallly alkaline person and its gonna take some hard work to get my ph down!

what do you normally eat lindi? I ~personally~ would avoid meat as much as possible because I think low protein is the best way to go to sway pink. But I don't think shrimp now and then will make or break you.

I ate plain rice like it was going out of style when I was swaying!

atomic sagebrush
February 5th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Oh corn and beans arent on the IG diet, do they raise testosterone or something??? I wouldnt mind eating corn or beans but its not on the IG diet tiers

Note: I don't do the IG diet. I think it ~can~ work for people, just not for the reasons they think it does.

Low protein, low fat, low calorie, low nutrient I believe is the best way to sway pink.

Beans have protein and raise testosterone, and canned beans are very high in sodium. I did eat beans from time to time as a meat alternative. I have nothing against corn although canned corn is very high in sodium.

OneLastDream
February 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Are green beans best to avoid whilst swaying for pink? Is there a list of the best foods to eat anywhere? Thanks

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 04:57 PM
Atomic put some food ideas for TTC girl somewhere on a sticky... I eat mostly low sodium white bread with cheese, jam or tahini on it. Pasta. White rice with zucchini sometimes peppers, cucumbers and green beans. Tempeh. Iceberg lettuce. Yogurt raspberries strawberries. I found these gluten free snack bars that are low in sodium potassium protein and have cranberries. No breakfast but I indulge in a sesame bagel with cream cheese on the weekend with my family. Lots of peppermint tea. Tonic and cran juice. Dried cranberries. for treats- ice cream, or a bite of something forbidden like chocolate chip cookie. I've had one cup of coffee.

I was a vegetarian before this, so its not too too different for me. The breakfast skipping is hard. I've lost a lot of weight, and I didn't have weight to lose really. I feel pretty weak most of the time and hungry. I try to have very little fat and protein, but I do love my cheese and tahini and tempeh. For some reason the tea helps with the hunger.

My cervical mucus pH about 8 hrs after O this month was 5.0

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 11:14 AM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?761-diet-suggestions-for-TTC-Pink

This is a list of suggested food that can help. WE also need to start a recipe thread.

mkarntz1980
February 6th, 2011, 01:34 PM
Okay yeah I LOVE the snack bars but they mess with my blood sugar BAD! Im gonna see if I can find some some gluten free ones. I was eating like 4 a day. The thing that has been working for some women....is putting their body in a completly acidic state....fish like Tilapia and cod and shrimp, and white rice is VERY acidic

OneLastDream
February 6th, 2011, 02:38 PM
thank you! Am bit confused about the iceburg lettuce as I thought that swayed boy?? Does it sway girl then? Is it just lettuce and cucumber we can have or all salad?? Gonna look at the sticky now so will probably find out there but thought would ask just in case!! Thanks

nuthinbutpink
February 6th, 2011, 10:11 PM
A serving of iceberg lettuce contains 3% of the DV of Potassium and 1% of the calcium intake. I think the confusion comes in when you look at Vitamin K % instead of Potassium content, which is a mineral.

In the strictest sense, there is no such thing as potassium vitamins. Potassium is a mineral rather than a vitamin. While many people believe that Vitamin K and potassium are the same, that is not the case. Potassium is listed as “K” in the periodic table, which is likely the cause for the confusion. Vitamin K is actually phylloquinone and helps the blood to clot properly as well as help ease the pain of gallstones. Potassium, by contrast, is helpful with a number of ailments, such as helping diabetics to convert glycogen to glucose, or bringing a sense of calm to rattled nerves. However, references to potassium vitamins are found in nutritional books and many advertisements for various vitamin and mineral combination supplements.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 01:05 PM
thank you! Am bit confused about the iceburg lettuce as I thought that swayed boy?? Does it sway girl then? Is it just lettuce and cucumber we can have or all salad?? Gonna look at the sticky now so will probably find out there but thought would ask just in case!! Thanks

Iceberg lettuce is in the "boy" foods as a part of a traditional sway, because it has very little calcium. I don't think there is any legitimate reason to avoid iceberg lettuce when you're swaying pink. It's harmless and it helps fill you up and will help combat the terrible constipation that comes with the TTC pink diet.

We don't necessarily do the same diet as on other websites. Low protein, low fat, low nutrient, low calorie first and foremost, and then the other concerns like calcium/pH are secondary to that. Iceberg lettuce fits the bill!!

Unfortunately, I tend to think that other salads (anything brightly/dark colored) all tend to sway blue because they are highly nutritious, but certainly they sway less than a side of beef. ;)