PDA

View Full Version : Eating less with a girl?

love-my-kids
August 1st, 2012, 03:19 PM
Im having a girl. This is girl #2 for me and I have found that im by far less hungry with my girls than my boys. They have also been smaller and I don't gain as much weight/ get as big. Anyone else??

atomic sagebrush
August 1st, 2012, 03:41 PM
I did too and this is the first pg in 20+ years I have not broken 170 lbs. Very much so. I sometimes even forget to eat because I'm really not that hungry.

dloui128
August 1st, 2012, 03:51 PM
With both of my girls I could go hours and hours without feeling hungry and only gained about 20-25lbs total. I am currently pregnant with a boy and I can't go 1 hour without eating something or I get the shakes and a stomach ache, and I have already gained 20lbs and I am only half way through this pregnancy.

Mochagirl
August 1st, 2012, 04:03 PM
I have gained tons of weight this pregnancy - my first girl. 60 lbs so far and I'm only 33 weeks. Of course a big part of that is the fact that I was at my skinniest ever when I got pregnant because of the LE diet - my total weight is only about 165lbs, still way below the 200lbs I made it to when pregnant with my twins (with whom I gained 75 lbs).

I'm also finding I'm snacking all the time this pregnancy, and I have a bad sweet tooth :oops:

atomic sagebrush
August 3rd, 2012, 10:02 AM
I have a bad sweet tooth too Mocha.

Mochagirl
August 3rd, 2012, 10:20 AM
I have a bad sweet tooth too Mocha.

I've always had a little bit of a sweet tooth, but it's waaaay worse now. I think it has something to do with the empty calorie '3rd meal' I got into the habit of having every day while on the LE diet. A meal containing nothing but ice cream and candy?? Sign me up!!!! :rofl:

auroara78
August 7th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I'm not eating as much either, in fact i'm holding really true to the 3 meals only a day thing :rofl: and no snacking like I was before I got pregnant! I think it's going to be relatively easy to return to some of the LE diet guidelines for weight loss (but plan to make it more nutritious just keeping values of cals and fat low)

but anyway, I haven't gained a ton of weight...I was 205 when got pregnant, lost 10 lbs in 1st trimester due to severe meat aversions, and now I'm about 212, so I've "gained" a total of about twenty lbs if you count the 10 I lost early on :) Usually I gain 30-35 lbs and I'll prob close in on 30, but the insane sweet tooth I always had with my boys just isn't there and I'm not going "crazy" on eating everything in sight, but despite all that, she is a BIG baby and is predicted to be about 9 lbs +. I'm not sure how this is happening, since I haven't been going nuts or eating heavy, fattening foods....my OB said I just "grow them big."

Surprise5th
August 21st, 2012, 12:04 PM
I am not hungry very much this time, but I don't know if I am having a boy or girl yet. I had nausea more this pregnancy than any of my previous pregnancies. Hopefully it means I am having a girl!

Rosie85
August 21st, 2012, 01:26 PM
In my first two pregnancies I wasn't hungry and couldn't really eat until the second trimester but then I ate a ton!!!

This time I don't feel quite as sick but still generally not that hungry but I can force myself to eat stuff. Hoping I don't get a huge appetite as I need to lose weight not gain it.

So basically if this pregnancy is a girl then I hope I am not as hungry and that pattern is common! haha