PDA

View Full Version : August Chit Chat for Ladies Due in Sept/Oct/Nov

Pages : 1 [2]

Butterfly Spirit
August 24th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I've been following on FB too. It's all so exciting! I can't believe she might be holding her little guy in her arms very soon! It makes it all so real that soon we're ALL going to be holding our babies! :HH:

Holy Hannah, the one day I don't check I MISS IT ! GRR, Thanks ladies :)

And she will be fine! Baby is a great easy size to push out, and his lungs are strong she has said.

HappyLea
August 24th, 2012, 02:38 AM
Hobb & Pinkin, so sorry your still itching. I had never heard of it until being on here and then i was watching a midwife programme over here in the uk the other night and a lady had it but very very serverely! She would itch day and night constanlty and didnt sleep for days causing herself to get infections in her itch wounds. She never slept for days and was very disorientated, in the end she was prescribed drugs that had never been prescribed during pregnancy. She had other health issues also as she had a liver transplant and then that failed but they managed to keep baby in until 32 weeks and she was ok.

It looked so painful and very annoying, hope you ladies get it sorted soon. I feel for you ladies :bighug:

Just read up on facebook and TTC5 is still in labour i think she said her contractions have slowed down and they wont give her anything to speed them up but wont stop her labour either. Think it said she was 15hrs in and 3cm dilated. Thinking of you TTC5, good luck hun and cant wait to see your lil man :D

It sure is hitting home that we will all be having our babies soon, i really must get a wriggle on and get things sorted....eeek! I dont know if its because its my 4th but i haven't really got anything ready yet. I have about 10 weeks left but DS3 was a 35 weeker so better get sorted just incase.

Off out to help nan move house again today so will try and pop back on later x

Mochagirl
August 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM
I hear you about making sure to get everything sorted, HappyLea. I've ordered my car seat but it won't come until late next week. Last night I had a few painful contractions and wondered what I'd do about getting the baby home if I went into labour. I was joking with the midwife the other day that I could just push sadie home in a stroller (the hospital's about a 45 minute walk away). She said a wagon would be better - dh could pull Sadie and me! :rofl:

auroara78
August 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Yeah, I'm also getting some anxiety over having the baby soon! It's like it won't stop dragging by (because I feel so crappy physically) but I'm just not ready in any other way.

DH has been a goober this week. He says he's been "sick" all week long, that his pancreas hurts him again (he hasn't been cheating with beer, he's been well-behaved) but it just seems all week long the minute I got home from work, before my work clothes were even off, I had both kids under my care and he closed our bedroom door and "napped" because he was "so sick." Honestly, I don't see it, and I"m not saying he's not feeling something, but I"m not so sure about all this. Meanwhile the dishes are piling up, he hasn't cooked but one meal all week long, and our kitchen table is still covered in 4 boxes that need to get unpacked! I'm feeling slightly panicky that he's not helping one iota at all, and despite my head wanting to nest, nest, nest, my body is physically DONE! I'm not sleeping good at nite because even with pillows help, I get so sore in my hip region it's really painful to even try to roll over in a new position. Last nite I slept on the couch, and my hips feel better but my neck is all crinky feeling, plus I have a sinus cold now, and it started last nite, and he was all bitchy about it, saying "well I still feel bad too."

We are just a mess right now, lol.

Hoping this weekend we can work together to finish getting the boxes unpacked and start getting some of her clothes washed...the clothes washing has gotten so behind because DH has refused to wash a single thing this week that first I'll need to wash the kids and some of our clothes and then hopefully I can get to Lillian's stuff.

Mochagirl
August 24th, 2012, 12:39 PM
I'm sorry you're so frustrated, auroara - I've definitely been there. My DH is constantly complaining of headaches and lack of sleep, and often disappears for a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, with no recognition that I might be tired since I'm almost 37 weeks pregnant and am up at least once an hour in the night.

My dh is also a supreme procrastinator. I've been moving all the heavy furniture (bookshelves, etc.) myself to get the baby's room organised because I know if I left it to dh he'd never do it. Yesterday was his birthday and I got him an antique desk. It's currently sitting in the back of our van and I keep harrassing him to do something about getting it out. Seriously, this thing is small. If I weren't pregnant I would just take the drawers out and carry it up the stairs myself (I did that with ds's dresser), but dh is a wimp with manual labour and seems to think he needs to get someone to help him. I'm tempted to just move it myself on our dolly when he's not home.

auroara78
August 24th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Last nite I had a very vivid dream that 6 weeks after I have baby Lillian, I get pregannt again....it was a nightmare :rofl: cuz in my dream I was stressed about finding space in our tiny house for a 4th child...we'd need to move before we got a bigger house, and I was really, really worried about gender again for the 4th child....GEEZ I thought having a girl this time was going to kill that, I woke up feeling so bad, like I love my boys, if I do end up with 3 one day (courtesy of a 4th child) that would be fine...but in my dream, I was in a total panic, that the 4th child HAD to be Lillian's sister :sigh:

And Mocha, LOL I still think we married the same man!! Yeah, mine can be helpful, but this week because of his "issues" he's been a total troll, and I've been fed up and overly swollen with baby to do much...I tire so easily too!

Hobbermittens
August 24th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Pinkin, I have had 3 epidurals, and I am planning on getting one this time, too. I am of the opinion that the medicine is available, so I may as well take advantage and stop the pain! As far as the itching, yours sounds awful. I'm glad you got some meds that help, though. I will get tested again next Wednesday. My worry is that the Dr. won't induce me early even if the results are elevated. He basically blew the whole thing off when I mentioned it at my last appt. I don't think he realizes how serious it can be for the baby! You are lucky your Dr is aware and willing to do everything for you.

Mocha, your DH sounds like he doesn't do well with the birth stuff, so if you have to go alone, and you are comfortable with that, then I think you will be fine! My DH isn't super helpful with contractions, but I guess I have never expected him to do anything to help me--I kind of just do all that on my own. I really just need him there for emotional support, and he is good during the birth. Plus I just feel like since this is our last child, he should be there when it is born.
I can't believe you are able to move all that furniture around! I can barely stand for more than a few minutes before I get exhausted. You are tough!

Auroara, your DH needs to stop whining and help you! He may be sick, but that doesn't mean you should be stuck doing everything! I swear, there should be some simulation program for men to feel what pregnancy is like--especially the late stages when we are so exhausted and heavy. My husband is a weenie, and thereis no way he could handle it! My DH was giving me a hard time the other night about not getting the dishes done when I'm home all day. Yeah, I have 3 of our own kids to take care of, plus I baby sit a 10 month old. And my 2 year old is a total nightmare, and needs constant supervision so she doesn't destroy the house. I try to get some dishes done, but really, when everyone is napping, I use the down time to get on here and FB and relax :oops: . But my lord, I need to have some rest! By the end of the day, I feel like my body just hurts!

Hapylea, I haven't done anything to get ready for our baby either! I haven't even set up the co-sleeper, and the carseat needs to be washed, and I have NO baby clothes cleaned up yet. If this baby comes soon, I am screwed.

TTC5
August 25th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Still pregnant and home now!!

So this is what happened. Went to bed with period aches and lower back ache. Probable asleep by 11.30pm maybe midnight. 1am I woke to a strong contraction... 4 mins later had another... and 4 mins again another.. after half hour I decided ok I am getting up and see what they do... hr and half later still following this pattern so woke hubby and rang hospital who said to come in.

Put on trace and was showing strong regular ctx so off to birth suite we go. Because I was only just 35 weeks they did not want to go and check for dialation to risk speeding labour up, at same time they would not stop it either.

I had a dose of panadeine forte for the pain as it got closer to 9 hrs of this pattern. Ctx started to drop to 10 mins apart and they needed a delivery room for another woman so they gave me a private room in maternity. From around 1/2pm to 4ish they were every 10 mins. I decided to send hubby home to have dinner with the girls and would call if anything changed. soon as he left BANG was hit with bad ctx a minute apart for about 20 minutes!! They were waiting for a delivery suite to come available and in the mean time decided they better check me. I was 3cm and stretchy and 50% effaced. I felt soooo down, to only be this far!! So more panadeine forte and things died down to 10 minutes again and during the course of the night they got further and further apart, come sunrise they were pretty much gone!

So I am now home and we just have to wait for it to start again!!

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 03:50 AM
Ladies about to pOp!!!

TTC5 you are almost dialated to a 4 babe! He will come soon!!! :D

And Mocha and Auroara, you guys are SO close I didn't even realize it until today. Do either of you go into labor around 37 weeks?

:HH: I care about all of you so much, and can't wait until you are all holding and bonding with your DREAM babies!!! :HH:

HappyLea
August 25th, 2012, 04:02 AM
TTC5 so sorry you didnt get to meet your little man, maybe he decided he was comfier inside and wants to spend more quality time in mummies belly all snug :D I deffo think tho that when it starts again you will deffiinately be meeting him.

So sorry some of you are having issues with your hubbies, give them a kick up the backside, i wish they could experience what it is like to be pregnant.

So glad its not just me who is not prepared, so much to do and i have just been helping other family members out with decorating and moving house. My housework is ok but my washing has been neglected for about a week so i have 2 days now before we move my nans big furniture on monday so i will have to catch up on washing duties.

We will be using the pram and car seat that we bought for olly its like brand new but i would like to wash that. Need to get moses basket out of loft and wash the sheets for that. Need to sort out clothes and wash them also. I think with my other pregnancies i had a hospital bag ready from about 22weeks and still nothing done yet...lets hope all these babies bare with us and hang on in there until we have gotten things prepared.

Mochagirl
August 25th, 2012, 06:38 AM
TTC5 - I was following your drama on FB. I'm sorry you had to go through all that without having your little guy in your arms at the end of it all, but it will probably mean a nice, quick labour when he decides he's ready to meet you. I hope you've gotten some rest now.

I'm 37 weeks today. It's freaky to think I'm full-term now and she could really cone at any time. I've never gone early on my own (my twins were induced unsuccessfully at 37W5D, ds3 was born one day before his due date) so I'd be surprised if she decides to make her entrance this early...then again I've been up since 5 this morning with period-like cramps so you never know. DH is out of town for 12 hours today for a baseball tournament, then he goes away across the country for 4 days next weekend. Hopefully she'll stay put until all that is done.

Mochagirl
August 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Anyone thinking of using a girdle or other postpartum binding support this time? I've never used one before, but after reading reviews have decided to give Bellefit a try. I know they're not miracle workers, but they do seem to make your belly shrink faster, and I figure in the very least I'll feel more confident having my big jello post baby belly constrained and tucked away. I have to go to BIL's wedding 4 weeks after my due date, so I'd like to look half decent by then.

Hobbermittens
August 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Mocha, I am tempted to buy something like that too. I hate feeling pregnant after the baby is out. I remember last time, I went into the grocery store when DD2 was a couple weeks old, and someone who I don't see often said, "Oh, any day now, right?" and I had to embarrass her by saying that the baby had already been born.

TTC5, what a lot of drama for no baby, but I think it is good for him to be in there a little longer. 35 weeks is still early. I bet he will be here in a week or two, don't you?

I was looking at one of DD2's baby dolls. She has one newborn doll that is pretty realistic, including the size. I held it up to my belly and it was kind of weird to think that I have a baby about that exact size inside me right now! I mean, you would think I would be used to that, having done this 3 times before, but I still am amazed by the whole thing.

Mochagirl
August 25th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Here's my 37 week bump shot!

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 08:20 PM
:HH: Happy 37 Weeks Mocha!!!!!! :HH:
Good Looking Bump!

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Mocha, I am tempted to buy something like that too. I hate feeling pregnant after the baby is out. I remember last time, I went into the grocery store when DD2 was a couple weeks old, and someone who I don't see often said, "Oh, any day now, right?" and I had to embarrass her by saying that the baby had already been born.

TTC5, what a lot of drama for no baby, but I think it is good for him to be in there a little longer. 35 weeks is still early. I bet he will be here in a week or two, don't you?

I was looking at one of DD2's baby dolls. She has one newborn doll that is pretty realistic, including the size. I held it up to my belly and it was kind of weird to think that I have a baby about that exact size inside me right now! I mean, you would think I would be used to that, having done this 3 times before, but I still am amazed by the whole thing.

Hobbs, I didn't mean to leave you out! You are almost 37 wks as well! How exciting!!!

Mochagirl
August 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Thanks, butterfly. I just noticed my baby's a watermelon now!!

How are you doing? Still walking on clouds after your good news?

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Does anyone know when Rainbowflower is due? Didn't she conceive in February!?
She should be close!

33 wks 1 day
Just found her ticker!

Butterfly Spirit
August 25th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Thanks, butterfly. I just noticed my baby's a watermelon now!!

How are you doing? Still walking on clouds after your good news?

I know, that's so freaking awesome! BIG bambina! :) When do you usually deliver?

Yes, I've had moments of happiness recalling that day! I want Tues to come SO badly though! And my MIL did say it's a girl.. I just need to go with it and relax. I want to get a picture to stare at and show you ladies!

Mochagirl
August 25th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Can't wait for a picture, butterfly!

Ds3 was born the day before his due date, but my twins were induced early (though they definitely weren't ready to come as I ended up needing a c-section)

TTC5
August 25th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Looking fab Mocha!

Hobbers, yes think he will be here very soon!

laughinglynxie
August 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
I had a compression wrap after my first but I hardly ever wore it. I'm sure it would have worked fine but I just couldn't stand the feeling of something squishing me! I was so used to comfort and stretchy pants for nine months, I didn't like the restriction... Which kinda sucks because I spent decent money on the bamboo Belly Bandit. :/

Hobbermittens
August 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I was just realizing in terror what it means that the baby will be here soon..... it means that my dream will be over! :( I will have no more hopes of a baby boy, and the reality of another girl instead. I am trying to be happy about having another person in our lives, but right now, that just sounds stressful and chaotic.

PeonyPrincess
August 27th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Hobber, everything will be ok in the end. And I think it is only natural to feel apprehensive about the new arrival. We all know what a lot of hard work we will be faced with very shortly, regardless of gender.

TTC5
August 27th, 2012, 09:24 AM
x x x xx

auroara78
August 27th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Nicely said, Peony!! I am having my desired gender but i get feeling nervous, like "what have I done???" DS2 is only 16 mos old, and he won't be 17 mos until 2 weeks after the baby is born! And he is still such a handful...such a little devil! was thinking of getting him a devil costume for Halloween....speaking of Halloween, Lillian will be about a month and 1/2 and I can't stop thinking of ideas to dress her in, was thinking maybe like a ladybug or something like that, not sure, I asked DH and he said he'd need to meet her first! I'm sure DS1 will go as T-rex (for the 3rd year in a row) he is still soooo dinosaur obsesed! Last year, DS2 went as a cute little puppy dog! I'm just joking about the devil thing...or maybe I'm not, hehe.

DS1 was so adorable this morning, he gave me extra hugs and kisses because he "loves me so much." He is the sweetest boy in the world. I can't wait until DS2 gets out of the "testing boundaries" stages and starts talking, etc. I love when we do have moments when I read him a story and he stays still (for once) and points at things in the books, I love how his light blue eyes light up, etc.

today a teacher from the preschool DS1 will attend soon is coming to our house for a home visit...has anyone ever heard of that before? it feels a touch like invasion of privacy, and this weekend we madly cleaned up the house in honor of this visit, but we ran out of steam to get to DS1's very trashed bedroom. I hope she doesn't ask to go in there, lol, cuz it's a hurricane!

I twisted a ligament holding my right hip up and now I am in a lot of pain everytime I try to walk....does anyone have any remedy for a twisted ligament? It's so hard being at work even,...sitting down I can still feel the tugging and pressure of pain, ugh.....so close....

the c-section is for sure scheduleded on the 12th of Sept, at 2 pm....so I will be trying to unload photos from my phone later that day I suppose...can't wait for ya'll to see baby Lillian too!

CherryBlossom
August 27th, 2012, 10:21 AM
You sure it's not sciatica hun?

HopeandDreamG
August 27th, 2012, 10:47 AM
MOCHA~ You loos AWESOME!!!! Wow almost there!!! :princess: will be here soon!!

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Mocha, you look great!

Auroara, you have a date set already? I bet you can plan better that way. That is just about 2 weeks away! How exciting!

Mochagirl
August 27th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hobber, sorry you're feeling down.:sadflwr:

I agree that we're probably all having some anxiety about how our new additions are going to change our families. DS3 has already started acting out, and I think it's because of the baby. I probably say "I can't play that game because there's a baby in my tummy". He already resents her and she's not even born yet! I'm glad my older boys will be in school during those early days, but then I think ahead to next summer, when I'll have FOUR kids home all day, every day with me. How will I keep them entertained? I do manage to get out and about with the three I have now - grocery store, farmer's market, etc. - but will I still be able to do that with 4 kids 6 and under?

Auroara - it's so exciting that you have a date for your c-section! I think you'll probably get to meet Lillian before I get to meet Sadie. Regardless, both of us should be holding our little girls sometime in the next 3 weeks ago. Can you believe it?? I wish my boys would stop saying "Are you SURE it's a girl? What will you do if it's a boy??" It's making me doubt all those ultrasounds that have shown me girl parts. I simply told them that if it's a boy he'd better like pink because he has a closet full of it! :rofl:

I'm feeling pretty organised now for the baby. The car seat arrived in the mail today (I did end up getting the purple one), I have the Moses basket and stand, my cloth diapers are all washed and ready to go, and I just got an email that my Bellefit postpartum girdle has shipped. I figure the only other thing I need for a new baby are my boobs! I've also started getting my big boys ready for school starting next week. They'll be in Grade 1 now - I can't believe it.

I'm also second-guessing our name choice once in a while. I feel like it may be weird to have two S's in the family (Sam and Sadie) and have the others completely different (Evan and Ryan). Am I being silly? I really do love the name - I think I said before it was my dh's grandmother's name, and we've been planning on using it since before we even started having kids. The middle name is definitely going to be Lillian for my Mom.

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Mocha, I don't think two of the same letter are weird. I will probably have 2 S's as well if we name this baby Sawyer (my DD1 has an S name too). I figure the more kids you have, the more chance of doubling up on letters, right? Besides, Evan and Ryan both end with "an", so they kind of go together like the S's will. It all evens out!

I am dreading trips to the grocery store, etc with 4 kids. I babysit a 10 month old, and the other day I took him plus my 3 to the store, and it was kind of a nightmare. :worry:

auroara78
August 27th, 2012, 03:35 PM
You are so close too, Hobber! I can't believe how many of us will be holding our little babies soon :)

I think Sadie is a perfect name, Mocha!! I went through doubts with the name Lillian for a while, primarily because Lily has just gotten so popular, but it's a name i love and I can really envison her with the name, and I'm not going to change it because of what some people say....

oh did I tell ya'll how I injured my liagment? I didn't clear the baby gate well enough, and my right foot got stuck on the gate and as I pulled away trying to free myself I yanked too hard and the liagment immediately started to hurt, and has been hurting ever since. What a pain! Esp. considering i just figured out how to use my pillows correctly to absorb and cushion the baby some so my hips ached less..now I got this bum right side, lol. I hope it goes away soon, I am getting so many comments at work about hobbling about everyone thinks that means she's coming soon...not that I was stupid and injured myself, lol.

Hobbermittens
August 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry you got hurt Auroara.... pregnancy is full of stupid injuries. I am so clumsy I have hurt myself a bunch, too. :sigh:

PeonyPrincess
August 28th, 2012, 03:47 AM
Ouch Auroara. Not great timing, but at least you don't have to try and squeeze a baby out down near a painful ligament. I don't have any helpful suggestions except of course the obvious physio or chiro. I wouldn't be surprised if it eases a lot once Lillian is born as you won't have the extra weight straining it. The 12th is soooo close!! So exciting.

Mocha, I think the 2 S names work fine, especially as they don't have a similar sound and are different genders. A friend of mine has a Jake and a Jackson (who they seem to call Jax) and she finds them a bit too similar, which I can see. I loved the purple car seat you showed us the best. Just gorgeous.

pinkin2011
August 28th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Well my dr called me before at 6pm about my liver test results. My LFT came back abnormal and my bile salts are elevated so I have to go get an ultrasound on my liver and a ultrasound of bubs before friday. Will see my ob friday and she said there is a drug she will put me on so I hope everything is ok! I am a bit nervous atm.........

Butterfly Spirit
August 28th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Well my dr called me before at 6pm about my liver test results. My LFT came back abnormal and my bile salts are elevated so I have to go get an ultrasound on my liver and a ultrasound of bubs before friday. Will see my ob friday and she said there is a drug she will put me on so I hope everything is ok! I am a bit nervous atm.........

:HH:Aww Pinkin, I am SO sorry :(
I am glad there is something they can put you on to fix the problem though!
I'll be thinking of you love.

TTC5
August 28th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Midwife app today I had +1 protein in my urine so on the watch for PE.

pinkin2011
August 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
Geeze TTC5! You and I are not having much fun at the moment!

Mochagirl
August 28th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Sorry for all the ladies having troubles.

Auroara - I'm both clumsy and accident prone, so I have stuff like that happen to me a lot. Sucks that you have to deal with it right at the end of your pregnancy when you're already so uncomfortable.

Pinkin - sorry about your test results. Hopefully the scans will go well and the medication can keep it under control.
:HH:

TTC5 - I don't think your little guy is going to hang around much longer, so hopefully PE won't be an issue for you.

auroara78
August 28th, 2012, 10:13 AM
TTC5, I hope everything goes OK...I still your little boy make beat us all to the punch!!

Pinkin, that's bad but good in a way, that now they can give you some medicine to help your symptoms...does this mean that he will most likely be born early?

Well, my DH thinks it's hilarious that I'm hobbling around...everytime I sit too long it gets more stiff so its hard to walk on at first, and when I drag it along, he keeps calling it my "peg leg." Well, I'm glad someone finds it amusing :rolleyes:

As if our house cannot be totally together at one time, now the AC broke, and his mom broke the toilet seat by standing on it...sooooo it's always something!!

I just had a thought last nite--DS1 starts preschool next Tues, after Labor Day. He's in preschool 7:30 am until 2 pm. We're not doing the bus because he's still young and my DH wants to drive him to get him used to it at first. But then we realized that my scheduled c-section is for 2 pm on the 12th....so we're obviously going to have to get him early or have DH's mom watch him....lol, I guess now I'll have to get used to a "school schedule" and to make matters worst, my DH's car is in shop atm...so we're down to one car.

I really hope all this crap with car/house gets resolved before Lillian comes! We are on a countdown!

laughinglynxie
August 28th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Wow, lots of health/pain issues going around right now, ladies. :( Hope you can all get relief soon (and maybe relief will come with new baby)!

I am also getting the freaking-out feeling of adding another baby right now. I knew I wanted more than just my sweet boy, but I'm so nervous to be adding #2 right now because I'm used to giving DS1 all of my attention. I've been practicing NOT responding to his needs in an instant (because I know there will be plenty of times where he wants something and I'll have a baby stuck to my boob or something, haha). But still so nervous. It's hard to imagine that I can love another baby as much as my first...but I know that's also a perfectly normal fear, too.

Does anyone here do "progress checks" for themselves? I was curious last night and things definitely feel weird down there! No more "nose-like" cervix, that's for sure. Everything is very soft/mushy and I could tell where baby's head was. And frankly, I was amazed I could even reach around my giant belly. Haha!

Mochagirl
August 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM
LL - I admit I did a cervix check on myself the other day. I'd been having tons of contractions nad was curious, so I scrubbed my hands up and gave it a go. I was amazed I could feel anything too - in past pregnancies when I've tried I couldn't even find my cervix! I think that might mean my cervix has already changed position, which is the first thing that happens (I think) to get you ready for delivery. I remember when they induced me with my twins they said it was very painful and difficult to break my water because my cervix was still facing backwards.

And yes, I was surprised to discover my cervix was soft and mushy too, and it felt very open - I could have easily fit at least one or two fingers up there but I didn't want to mess with it too much and put myself into labour. I read somewhere that if you can fit 2 fingers in it means you're 2cm dilated?

Auroara - this will be our first time dealing with school schedules and a new baby at the same time too. My twins start grade 1 on Tuesday, and will go every day from 8:30 until 3. ds3 starts preschool on the other side of the city on Sept 14th, and will go 9:00-11:30 3 times a week. I'm just hoping I don't go into labour when they're all at school because it would be a nightmare to get them all picked up, find someone to take care of them, and take me to the hospital on time. DH usually walks the boys to school in the morning before he leaves for work, but I'm going to have to walk to pick them up at 3 every day (with ds3 and Sadie) as soon as I'm back on my feet after birth.

Hobbermittens
August 28th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Lynxie, I think the transition for 1 to 2 was harder than 2 to 3 (and hopefully 3 to 4 will be even easier). But you will get through it! Your DS will be fine, too. You will have plenty of love in your heart for all your children, and your DS will love having a sibling. :) One thing I did that helped was to make a Nursing Box. I might do this for DD2 this time as well. It is a special box full of things that your older child only gets to play with while you are nursing the new baby, so they feel like it is a special time for them as well.

I haven't ever checked my cervix myself--I honestly don't think I could even reach it right now! Mocha, I think you are right, 2 fingers means 2 CM. SO you are getting ready for baby Sadie!

Auroara, I am hobbling around from my sciatica and this stupid pinched nerve, so if I sit too long I am really stiff too. We would make a good pair. I hope you get all your house/car/bus stuff sorted before Lillian gets here. It is all so stressful, isn't it?

TTC5, I hope the protein in your pee isn't anything to worry about. I had that happen before and it turned out to be nothing. :)

Hobbermittens
August 28th, 2012, 01:14 PM

Pinkin, what meds are they going to give you? I hope it helps reduce your bile levels? The u/s should put your mind at ease a little, right? Seeing your little baby moving around on the screen is always a relief. I am getting my levels checked again tomorrow. I was up in the night scratching my feet and hands.... it is so annoying!

Mochagirl
August 28th, 2012, 03:45 PM
I just had a midwife appt today and I have protein in my urine too. I was one level above 'trace' on the testing stick. My BP was fine and I don't have any other symptoms, so they'll just keep a closer eye on me than usual. They told me protein in urine can sometimes be caused by having lots of discharge so it's probably nothing.

PeonyPrincess
August 29th, 2012, 03:45 AM
I did the special box thing too Hobber. It was great as DS1 wasn't yet 2 when DS2 arrived. Lynxie, my OB with the first two told me to still put DS1 first, so he wouldn't be put out about the new arrival. And it's not like the baby knows any different if we don't rush to them straight away. And yes, you will absolutely have bundles of love to spare. Mocha would have found the same thing even when she had 2 at once to meet.

Pinkin, I am glad in a way that your tests came back like that because at least now they will take you seriously. All the best on Friday. And I hope the medication helps...is it to help with the itching or the liver function? Hopefully it is something that helps the liver function and bile salts and then that in turn helps reduce the itching.

Mochagirl
August 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM
I did the special box thing too Hobber. It was great as DS1 wasn't yet 2 when DS2 arrived. Lynxie, my OB with the first two told me to still put DS1 first, so he wouldn't be put out about the new arrival. And it's not like the baby knows any different if we don't rush to them straight away. And yes, you will absolutely have bundles of love to spare. Mocha would have found the same thing even when she had 2 at once to meet.

Very true, peony. I never had the luxury of devoting myself entirely to one child since my first two were twins, and believe me, my kids never felt less loved or cherished than any other kids, even if they did sometimes have to wait their turn for my attention.

The way I've put it to my kids is every time a mom has a baby, her heart grows bigger to accommodate all the new love - no love is taken away from the kids who are already here. They each own a piece of my heart that will be theirs forever.

aabroo
August 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
OMG! TTC5 you're pregnant with a little BOY! Congratulations! I dont know if you remember me but i used to come on IG late 2010- early 2011. I just came on here to see what everyone was upto but it looks like most of the ladies have left. I had my little man nov 2011.

auroara78
August 29th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Ah that is so sweet, Mocha, I love it!

Two weeks until Lillian's birth now....hope these next two weeks fly by, I cannot wait to meet and hold her!!

DS2 has been moderately good the last few nites, and I hope he stays this way with the new baby coming! He's been a happy, somewhat calm baby and it's sooo cute when he climbs up on the couch and sits between me and DH, he looks so much older than he is.

My hip/liagment is still sore and somewhat painful, but it has gotten a little better, thank God. I feel very joyous today, and I think that's because every time I walk now I'm not in dire pain, just a bit of tugging and soreness.

They fixed our icemaker yesterday so maybe it was the fact that I got to induldge in my ice **** craving that put me in a good mood...and the fact that I know it is so close to finally meeting the baby...still a ton to do, but I'm not feeling stressy/crabby about it...just one thing at a time.

Mochagirl
August 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
It's so exciting, isn't it, auroara?! You're going to be holding your baby girl in 2 weeks!!

Do you have all the essentials ready? I feel much readier than before, but I'm still trying to find my wrap, which will be essential for when I want to get out and about with baby in those first few weeks. I'm going to install the new carseat in the van this weekend, which means I need to move all the other car seats around - ds2 will stay put in the back row, and ds2 will be moving back there with him. DS3 will shift over in the middle row so he's behind the diver's seat, and the baby will go in the other seat in the middle row.

I'm still trying to get the nursery organised, but it doesn't really matter if it's done when she arrives since she'll be sleeping with us for a few months at least. I've given up nagging dh to go through his office crap so I can empty the room and start decorating. I think I'm just going to get a few boxes and pile the stuff in and put it in the basement for him to sort through later. I think I'm ok with clothes, though I noticed I'm a little short of 0-3 month stuff. Great excuse to go shopping!! :bigsmile:

auroara78
August 30th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Mocha,

I am so excitied!! About essentials....I have a ton of size 1 diapers, I'm pretty sure I'll need newborn sizes, but they say she'll be about 9 lbs so not sure...(I think newborn sizes is only up till 10 lbs?) I still need to wash clothes, we need to get the bassiset out of Evan's room (it's still fully asembled, just got to wash the sheet, etc) so I still got a little work to do, but I'm off this monday because of labor day holiday so I'll have 3 days this weekend to get my house more in shape of how I want it...

DH who's been doing nothing much says it's because of his pancreas, etc, he's really worried about his health now, being that he never has any energy to do anything, so I guess we'll need to get him checked out soon too.

Hobbermittens
August 30th, 2012, 11:37 AM
So excited for you ladies that will be having babies soon.... you could really go at any time!

I went to my regular appt yesterday. I asked for a repeat test of my Bile acids, and the dr. ordered the wrong test. I went to he lab to have the blood drawn, and I asked her what test it was, and she said a liver function test. I do need that too I guess, but the Bile acid is the one that really tells if there is an issue (right, Pinkin?). The problem with all oft his is that I saw a different Dr when I had the test done originally, so my Dr. that I am seeing now doesn't have the results of that one to see what the test was. :sigh: WHen I told the lab tech I needed a different test, she went and asked the Dr and came back saying that no, what he ordered was the right one. Ugh! I wish I were my own Dr sometimes! I let them draw the blood and I guess I will just ask for the other test when I go in next week?

This is the problem with living in a small town. They don't deliver babies here, so I have to switch from my regular Dr to a different one (the one who will deliver me, and he is at a clinic an hour away) halfway through the pregnancy. The second Dr is the one who delivered my #2 and #3, so I know him and really like him. I just wish the communication between the Dr.'s was better, and that this stupid ICP thing was better known, because no one around here seems to have any idea of how to test for it or treat it. :sigh:

Mochagirl
August 30th, 2012, 12:39 PM
That is soooo frustrating, Hobber! I hope you find someone who knows what they're doing who can help you out!

I was in more of a nesting flurry today because dh is going out of town for the weekend, and I'm a little fearful the baby's going to arrive while he's gone. I took all the car seats out of the van today and vacuumed it out. I moved the two big boys to the third row and much to their delight finally converted their harnessed seats to highback boosters (they're 6.5 - I'm proud I held out this long). I'm moving ds3's seat over in the middle row and this afternoon I'm installing the baby's seat so it's ready to go. I have one night completely on my own (praying I don't go into labour tonight!), then my Mom arrives tomorrow to help me out with the kids for the weekend. DH doesn't get back until Sunday night.

Hobbermittens
August 30th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mocha, you are so productive! I swear, I spend everyday thinking "I should do_____" but procrastinating and feeling hot and exhausted, and doing nothing. I promise my next load of laundry will contain the infant seat cover!

I hope you don't go into labor the one night you have alone. Try not to think about it too much--you don't want to bring it on!

Mochagirl
August 30th, 2012, 03:18 PM
TBH I'm a little nervous by all this nesting energy I've found. I'm worried it means labour is imminent.

Hobbermittens
August 30th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Could be? But I have never, ever nested. I get lazier as pregnancy progresses.

pinkin2011
August 30th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hobb, You need the Liver function test aswell they both go hand in hand . My liver function test came back abnormal and bile salt was up. When I first had the test my liver function was normal but bile salt up a bit. Can you make anothe app with your dr or even a different dr and ask for a LFT and Bile acid ( or salt) test aswell?
How is the itch going?
I am struggling this morning really bad my hands and feet are so so hot and ITCHY!

Hobbermittens
August 30th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Pinkin, my hands and feet are the parts that itch (soles of feet and palms of hands--the spot that itches the worst is the little pad between my ring finger and pinky.) I did ask for the bile acid test, but my Dr said the liver function test had everything in it. I was clued in when I went to the lab and told them I had fasted, and they said it wasn't necessary for that test. So I knew my Dr hadn't ordered the bile acid test. I don't know what to do. I feel like no one even knows what I am talking about, like I made this whole ICP thing up! It is making me crazy. Be thankful your Dr is on top of things!

Have you started your meds?

pinkin2011
August 30th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Whats happening to you now happened to me with my first preg so thats why I have gone to a different town I travel bit over an hr to my ob . Last time around my liver function test was normal but bile acid was up and they thought I had PE! This was at 38 weeks preg and I knew it wasnt that because I had every symptom of ICP. I knew I had a very good chance of getting it again so thats why I looked into obs and found this one I am with and yes I am very thankful because I could think of nothing worse than if the dr had no idea!!
I am having an ultasound at 11.30 today on bubs to check growth ( which I know he is fine with that ha ha) and I see my ob today at 3pm and she was going to talk to me about my options. I am not sure she would set a date for induction yet as I still have a fair way to go until the safe zone for that anyway but she wants to put me on a drug for my liver and the itch

Hobbermittens
August 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Let us know how the scan and your appt go! What is PE?

I don't really have an option if getting a different Dr. I think it is too late in the pregnancy, plus I have been with the same Drs forever. I trust them; I just think the ICP is so rare and weird, they just don't know what to make of it. I could deal with the itching if I knew the baby would be okay! I am just worried about what will happen if my levels are too high, and the Dr doesn't induce me. :worry:

Mochagirl
August 30th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Hobber - could you print out some info from official, credible sources to give to your doctor on your next visit? My mom once had to do that when my uncle was misdiagnosed with terminal, untreatable lung cancer when what he really had was a rare genetic disorder that was treatable, but If left untreated for much longer could have killed him. The doctors grudgingly read her research and later thanked her when they realized they had been wrong. Now, 3 years later he's healthy and going strong.

TTC5
August 30th, 2012, 09:37 PM
TBH I'm a little nervous by all this nesting energy I've found. I'm worried it means labour is imminent.

Don't be scared!!!

Mochagirl
August 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Don't be scared!!!

Awww...thanks, TTC5. It's just that dh left this afternoon and is 2000km away right now. I'm home alone with my 3 kids for the night. My mom will arrive to stay with me in about 14 hours, so I definitely don't want to go into labour before then!

Butterfly Spirit
August 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Awww...thanks, TTC5. It's just that dh left this afternoon and is 2000km away right now. I'm home alone with my 3 kids for the night. My mom will arrive to stay with me in about 14 hours, so I definitely don't want to go into labour before then!

Oh Mocha, it's SO exciting!!! Soon you'll have your little Princess!

You aren't having contractions or anything yet right?

TTC5
August 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ohhh I see!!!!! x x

laughinglynxie
August 31st, 2012, 12:12 AM
I go through phases of "nesting" that's for sure. The day before I went into labor with DS1, I didn't have a desire to clean or organize, BUT I was really restless and just sort of scatter-brained. I felt like I was going to bounce off the walls. Even my mom (who I saw for part of the evening) noticed I was being kinda weird. I totally didn't realize it at the time. Haha. I feel so unorganized, but I know that I'm doing just fine and a newborn doesn't require much anyway. :)

This time I'm not sure what to expect. I'm actually really looking forward to my 36 week appointment (where they test for the group B Strep) because I'm going to ask that since they are down there anyway, they might as well check my progress (I might see if they can tell me station, too, since I already feel like baby sits soooo low down).

Rosie85
August 31st, 2012, 12:42 AM
Hey laughingLynxie I noticed you were from Minnesota--me too! Where are you located?? Sorry to barge in on the thread but I had to say something! haha

laughinglynxie
August 31st, 2012, 01:44 AM
Hey laughingLynxie I noticed you were from Minnesota--me too! Where are you located?? Sorry to barge in on the thread but I had to say something! haha

I'm in St. Cloud! :) You?

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 04:15 AM
So went to my ultasound today and bubs is looking very well he was 1.8kgs so a good size baby.
I also went to my ob appointment and things are not looking so good with me. My blood test results from wed are worse then last friday. Liver function is quite abnormal and my bile salts were 49 and also my gallbladder is enlarged which goes with the diagnosis. Anyway she wants to induce me at 36 weeks ( which worries me) but I really need to think about whats best for little ( BIG ) Oliver. She said they usually induce at 36 or 37 weeks but because my results are not the best now she thinks 36 weeks is a good time. I also have to start a medication which I have to get the script from my ob on monday . Its 300 dollars for 100 tablets and I have to take 7 a day so its going to be very expensive.... Yes I do feel just horrid today!

Butterfly Spirit
August 31st, 2012, 04:23 AM
So went to my ultasound today and bubs is looking very well he was 1.8kgs so a good size baby.
I also went to my ob appointment and things are not looking so good with me. My blood test results from wed are worse then last friday. Liver function is quite abnormal and my bile salts were 49 and also my gallbladder is enlarged which goes with the diagnosis. Anyway she wants to induce me at 36 weeks ( which worries me) but I really need to think about whats best for little ( BIG ) Oliver. She said they usually induce at 36 or 37 weeks but because my results are not the best now she thinks 36 weeks is a good time. I also have to start a medication which I have to get the script from my ob on monday . Its 300 dollars for 100 tablets and I have to take 7 a day so its going to be very expensive.... Yes I do feel just horrid today!

:HH: Pinkin, I am so sorry you have to go through this! I will pray that you and baby will stay healthy and will be fine until 36-37 weeks. You will be fine!! I had both my sons at 37 weeks, and they were the perfect size to push out too!

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 04:30 AM
How big were they at 37 week Butterfly?
The guy that did my ultrasound today said he would be about 8 pounds born by the computer that is!
Oh and he has a big head ha ha ha

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 04:30 AM
8 pounds at 40 weeks that is

Butterfly Spirit
August 31st, 2012, 04:34 AM
How big were they at 37 week Butterfly?
The guy that did my ultrasound today said he would be about 8 pounds born by the computer that is!
Oh and he has a big head ha ha ha

6 lbs 12 oz and 6lbs 10oz
Just perfect! :)
So if your little man is that big or bigger you'll be just fine!

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 06:14 AM
Forgot to mention, She has put me on vitamin K tablets as with ICP you have a higher risk of hemorrhage when giving birth .. The other tablet she is putting me on is called Uric Acid... Hobb I hope some of this info is helping you. I would most def print info off for your dr because mine is pretty serious atm and id hate to think your the same and not being looked after.

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 06:14 AM
I think he will hit 6 pounds pretty quick butterfly!!

Butterfly Spirit
August 31st, 2012, 06:26 AM
I think he will hit 6 pounds pretty quick butterfly!!

I think you should be completely fine at 36 weeks to deliver! How EXCITING!!! :)
Some women would just love to be able to deliver then!

Mochagirl
August 31st, 2012, 07:47 AM
Pinkin - I'm sorry your body's misbehaving on you. Do some of these medications give you relief from the itching? I'm sure your little guy will be fine at 36 weeks - especially since he is measuring ahead.

It's morning now so I got through my solo night without going I to labour. I did have more cramps and contractions than usual yesterday, but I was also on the go all day and exerted myself quite a bit with physical activity. I feel normal this morning, though I was up at 4:30 with one of the kids and was never able to get back to sleep because Sadie kept head butting my cervix. Ouch!

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 08:13 AM
Thanks Mocha, The Uric Acid should help with the itch ( I hope)

I am feeling upset I sort of feel like I am letting my baby down... I just hope he is born ok I shouldnt have looked up babies born at 36 weeks because I saw horror stories and such. I mean he wont be tiny but will they check his lungs before I am induced? She never mentioned that today or is that something she will talk to me about when it gets closer.
I had dreams of a large family but I feel like maybe this will be it for me ... Gosh being preg is hard enough for a healthy woman , I know I shouldnt be complaining because there are other woman out there with way more serious things happening but I just feel Horrible. And worried about my baby

HappyLea
August 31st, 2012, 08:25 AM
Pinkin so sorry you having a hard time at the moment. My DS3 (Oliver) was born at 36weeks and he was just fine and weighed 6lb 4oz. I had the steroid injections to mature his lungs when i started contracting at 35 weeks but he had no issues at all (excpet the blood sugar issue that wasnt actually an issue, was a mistake they made). Im sure your Oliver will be fine being delivered at 36 weeks.

Cant believe some of you mummies will be holding your babies so so soon...EXCITING!!!

I had my mw appt yesterday and baby Charlie seems to be fine and she confirmed my suspision that he was head down, i have been having immense pelvic pain so thought he was. Cant walk, hurts to turn over in bed etc...i move like im a about 80years old. But on the plus side it was the first time i heard his heart beat on the doppler :D

Im trying to get my head in gear and get stuff ready for baby but i just cant for some reason. I dont know what i have got and what i haven't, i really need to pull my finger out and get things sorted. I also feel so unorganised with the birth plan also as i have said from day 1 that i want a homebirth and i have said it at every appt i have had, only yesterday i found out that a form has to be filled in for it??!! The midwife yesterday didnt do it tho, im going to a class on the 13th sept and then she said we will sort it the week after. I just feel like it feels last minute, a homecheck has to be done etc and i only found this out yesterday also. I feel like i have not been given all the info and time needed to explain everything. Im feeling a little neglected on the homebirth part, hopefully the class i will attend will shine some light. But then i worry it has been left so late they will not be able to get me a pool as they only have a couple of them :(

Enough of me blabbing on, stay well and take it easy mummies as these babies will be coming soon and you need to save your energy :D

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 08:31 AM
HappyLea I am going to ask my ob about the injection I think it would be a good idea getting it and what harm can it do ?

A plus side to everything is I still have not even put on 1 kg!!!! I think I have lost half a kg so I am quite happy about that!
Oh I am no where near organised!!!! I need to get my bum into gear aswell!!!

HappyLea
August 31st, 2012, 08:42 AM
I think thats a good idea pinkin, they gave me one steriod injection and then another 24hrs later to mature his lungs and if labour stopped and i managed to keep him in longer it would not have been a problem either, so like you say what harm can it do?!

Not just me then who isnt organised, im so normally done and ready by now. I too haven't put on weight but i put this down to my gastric band :D But im having horrible reflux which i also put down to my band :sigh:

Rosie85
August 31st, 2012, 11:56 AM
I'm in St. Cloud! :) You?

I am in St. Cloud too!!! WOW small world!

Hobbermittens
August 31st, 2012, 03:22 PM
Pinkin, I am so glad your Dr is on top of all of this. If you need to be induced at 36 weeks, I am sure that baby Oliver will be fine--especially if he has been measuring ahead. Please don't feel like any of this is your fault, or that you are letting your baby down! You have no control over ICP.

I think I will print something out if the Dr doesn't call in the test for me today or tomorrow. I put in a call to him today but haven't heard back. I have an appt next week (I'll be almost 36 weeks then) so if they haven't done the test by then, I guess I will have to raise a stink. The thing that scares me is, it takes a while for the test to come back, right? :worry:

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 05:08 PM
It can Hobb, But I had my last test done on wednesday and she had my results yesterday from that which was Friday

PeonyPrincess
August 31st, 2012, 06:58 PM
Both of mine were induced at 38 weeks Pinkin and were 6lb13 and 6lb14. It sounds like your Oliver is a good size and they wouldn't induce you at 36 weeks unless they were happy with how he would cope. They also want to look after you of course, so will just weigh everything up. I remember reading a very long time ago the stats on having a baby at different weeks gestation. 30 weeks was the turning point for a big improvement in outcome and 35 weeks was much the same as having a full term baby.
Those drugs are so expensive! So you are going to have to fork out $900 -ouch! Does everything return to normal as soon as you give birth? Or does it take a little while for your liver, etc to recover?
I have put on 10kg! (Just to make you feel a bit better!)

Completely disorganised here! I have done a fair bit of nesting, in terms of cleaning and sorting our apartment, but that is about it. Because we go on holiday when the baby will be 5 weeks, and then move house a couple of weeks after that, it is hard for me to wrap my head around everything.
Off to get some much needed waxing done this morning!!

pinkin2011
August 31st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah I really need to talk to my ob about it all and just make sure that he will be ok, I would really like them to check his lungs first or even if she didnt id like to have the injections even if I can get them now so he is ok for when I am induced. I have been up since 3 am this morning scratching myself I cant eat or rest I am feeling so anxiousand uptight , its just the pits

TTC5
August 31st, 2012, 08:30 PM
28 days till due date :D

Mochagirl
September 1st, 2012, 10:04 AM
Woo hoo! It's September - let's start having our babies! I started a new thread here:

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/due-sept-oct-november-2012/13235-september-chit-chat-ladies-due-sept-oct-nov.html#post242470