PDA

View Full Version : August Chit Chat for Ladies Due in Sept/Oct/Nov

Pages : [1] 2

Mochagirl
August 2nd, 2012, 01:23 PM
I can't believe it's already August! This is the last month before we start having our babies (though I know it's possible some of us might even have them THIS month).

Let's start nesting, ladies! Wash those baby clothes, organise that nursery, and start the countdown!

auroara78
August 2nd, 2012, 01:57 PM
Whooo hoooo! Thanks for starting a new thread!!

If I had just ONE dollar for everytime someone at my work said to me, "You'll have her in August...you won't make it to September..." I would have enough money to take off from work now!! :bigsmile:

Oh I had a free massage at work today (an externship massage student wanted practice with preg. massages) and it was DIVINE! Amazzzzing!

dloui128
August 2nd, 2012, 03:35 PM
I would LOVE a pregnancy massage

auroara78
August 2nd, 2012, 03:43 PM
It was the best hour of my life for a very long time now :rofl:

Butterfly Spirit
August 2nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
I can't believe you ladies are due VERY soon! All of you, even Atomic! :D
:HH: How Exciting!!! :HH:

pinkin2011
August 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
This year has just flown by!!

Hobbermittens
August 2nd, 2012, 06:30 PM
2 months more for me!

TTC5
August 2nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
Wahoooo!!

pinkin2011
August 2nd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Hobb did you get your results back for the ICP? I am doing my sugar and bile test tomorrow morning

PeonyPrincess
August 3rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
3 months for me (groan). I am already getting excited to hear your birth stories and see photos of your gorgeous little babies.

Auroara, that massage sounds wonderful. I haven't found a place that does them here yet. I had one with DS1 when I lived in another city. So relaxing.

We're going away for a few days tomorrow so I'll check in next week. DS1 is a lot better today and has his appetite back. Thought he was going to fade away!

GL with your testing Pinkin.

Hobbermittens
August 3rd, 2012, 02:53 PM
Hobb did you get your results back for the ICP? I am doing my sugar and bile test tomorrow morning

I got the test done Monday, but haven't heard back yet. I am going to call about it this afternoon if I don't hear from them.

I hope your tests go well!

laughinglynxie
August 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
My 3-hour Glucose came back completely fine!! I figured it would, being that I was only off by one point. Thanks for all the encouragement, ladies. :cheerteam:

I'm SO looking forward to going to the Chiropractor once I hit 30 weeks (I told my DH that I would wait until then to go, money-wise, since I haven't had much back pain). I totally feel that it helps with ideal baby positioning and labor, too (DS1 was under 6 hours for entire labor, which started with my water breaking naturally at home, haha). They have the awesome belly-drop tables so you get to feel like you're laying on your stomach...and you get an amazing massage before your adjustment. Pretty sweet deal for a $25 co-pay, in my opinion. :)

I also really need to get a pedicure. I repainted my toenails last night and it was SO tough to reach, HAHA! Last pregnancy, I made my hubby do it for me and then went to have a "professional" one three days before DS1 decided to come into the world. My feet looked good when I was in labor! :D

Hobbermittens
August 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Lynxie, glad your test came back with good results! H ave never had a pregnancy massage or chiropractor appt, but sounds like everyone enjoys that type of thing....maybe I should give it a try!

I can
t really paint my toes well at this stage, either, but I need to try, because they look terrible!

Mochagirl
August 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
I just painted my toenails today! I was going to get a pedicure, but couldn't find the time to go, and I have that wedding tomorrow, so I didn't want my feet to look horrible! It was tricky to do it, and I did an awful job, but I managed!

PeonyPrincess
August 3rd, 2012, 06:39 PM
That's great news Lynxie! I go to the chiro every 4 weeks and take the kids too. I think he helps keep our immune systems working well too, though DS1 had a rough time recently. We don't get a massage first, but I always feel so good afterwards. And my pelvis is always twisted, so good to get it re-aligned.

Mocha, have a lovely time at the wedding!

DH has taken the boys to tennis lessons...I am supposed to be packing!

HappyLea
August 4th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Morning Ladies,

Just to let you know my internet is down at the moment, having great diffficulties getting online...just waiting on a new router (5 working days) from our provider so hopefully i should be back online soon.

Oooh i feel like i need someone to walk all over my back, chiro/massages sounds great! I had a massage early on when my back was sore, it was nice but she was just too gentle!!! My back still gives me problems where if i do too much during the day, i cant move in the evening. Also baby Charlie now seems to be putting alot of pressure on my pelvis and it hurts so much and is getting worse...i do have a support belt from the physio but i dont find that it helps.

As for painting of the toe nails, i had twinkle toes done the other day, she puts gel onto nail and then sprinkles sparkly powder onto gel and then puts layer of clear varnish over the top. Doesn't chip and last for absolutely ages. They look so pretty and i dont need to think about painting them :D

I have my sister in laws wedding on the 10th, cant wait...boys are page boys need to pick up their suits today, they are counting down the sleeps. Im dreading wearing my heels tho :( i wore heels a few weeks ago for a party and i think due to the change in my posture i was in absolute agony with my back all evening. I will wear them for the ceremony and sit down meal and then change into my flats as soon as i can.

Keep well wonderful mummies and bambinos, i will jump back on net when im back at mums or when mine is finally back up and running xxx

pinkin2011
August 5th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I had my tests yesterday morning.. When the nurse did my fasting reading it was 6.3 which i think is a bit high for fasting but i guess I will find out in a few days time..I am still itchy so i wounder if my bile test will come back elevated at all.. hmmmm... My baby is so so low down I can feel him below my hips like going around pubic bone area or well a bit up from that in the softer part? I think its his head?? And I have been feeling him hiccup and I feel it in that area too so I wounder if he is head down already????? very uncomfortable his movements make me feel sick at times because they are so low and not so much up past my belly button

auroara78
August 5th, 2012, 10:49 AM
sorry to hear the baby is so down low, pinkin...my second son was always so low and always kicked me in the bladder..was no fun at all...

this baby kicks me up high all the time, esp. gets under my ribs, which is annoying but i really didnt like the down low kicking, so i'd rather have this.

pinkin2011
August 5th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Yes its a real pain!! Very uncomfortable at times when he moves it makes me worry ....

pinkin2011
August 5th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Is anyone else having leg cramps?? I am finding I get them at night and they HURT and in my feet too.. what can cause this? anyone know?

Hobbermittens
August 5th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Pinkin, I get leg cramps too! I just flex my foot (point the toe straight) and it seems to make it stop.

Who else's baby has the hiccups? Mine does ALL THE TIME and it is making me nuts!

pinkin2011
August 6th, 2012, 12:01 AM
MINE!

Hobbermittens
August 6th, 2012, 12:29 AM
p.s. My baby is super low, too, and I am having pains down there too.

laughinglynxie
August 6th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Mine is moving all around! It kinda switches from being way low to way high (still carrying low overall)...but at least head down. Also really weird angles like it's trying to headbutt my hip bone!

I was wondering about hiccups with you gals, too. My first had them ALL the time anytime I ate something. He gave my cervix a workout, that's for sure. He also had terrible "silent" reflux and had to be on meds when he was little. SOOOO I was wondering if anyone has seen a correlation between lots of in-utero hiccups and then reflux in their newborns? This one I don't think I've noticed any so far. So maybe no reflux issues later. :D

TTC5
August 6th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Hiccups yep! And cos he is engaging now feels like they are in my vagina lol

TTC5
August 6th, 2012, 01:24 AM
Is anyone else having leg cramps?? I am finding I get them at night and they HURT and in my feet too.. what can cause this? anyone know?

I wake with cramps in my THIGHS of all places!

Mochagirl
August 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
This little girl gets hiccups all the time too. My other babies didn't really have hiccups much inside me.

I do get occasional leg cramps - I have in all my pregnancies.

So far this baby is still pretty high, which is nice because it means I don't have a lot of pressure or pelvic pain yet. I just had that one week of agonizing pelvic pain then it disappeared.

PeonyPrincess
August 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Muscle cramps are most often due to dehydration. Try drinking heaps of water and see if it helps. If not, a lot of ladies find magnesium tablets help. I had them in my calves in the middle of the night with the first 2 pregnancies, but not this one so far.

I have not noticed any hiccups with this one as yet. Every now and then they seem to get a foot or something stuck down low in the right side of my pelvis. It is very uncomfortable and I have to stand and massage them until they move. I also had the worst indigestion yesterday. It has only happened a few times, but even the Tums I took didn't help.

auroara78
August 6th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I have not felt/noticed hiccups with this bub. She is still way up high, with either her foot or fingers in my ribs all the time...I did have some Braxton Hicks contractions last week the hours after my masage, which at first worried me, but then when I realized they were at random times, I knew they were B/H and I stopped worrying, and they went away.

DS2 was a little heartbreaker this weekend. We went to our mall, and it has a kid playground / mat area in it, and DS1 was growling and chasing the boys around like he was a T-Rex, and DS2 kept flirting with all the baby girls, LOL. He was surrounded by the girls who kept touching his downy hair that's coming in, and he kept moving his fingers gently across their head / face. LOL! Little Romeo alert!

The house is still in shambles, but at least they put in a temporary sink so I can use my kitchen a bit more, though i don't like too! It's all uneven with the subfloor and I keep almost tripping on one part of it....I need to be careful in there! Plus, we don't have a dryer hooked up yet, so everything we wash has to be hung up to dry...and we hang it up over the bathtub...

I almost feel like a pioneer woman! LOL

It's making me anxious because I've gotten the worst CASE of nesting, and my house is un-nestable atm! I can't wait to start washing/drying some of the baby clothes I've gotten...and I'm so excited (prob too excited) about my family's baby shower this Sat! I'm also exicted about the 'surprise' baby shower they're throwing me at work...(no one thinks I know, but one person spilled the beans.) Not so much for the 'gifts' but more for the celebration of the new baby! Though, I won't lie, the gifts will be nice too :bigsmile:

Mochagirl
August 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I hope your house gets finished soon so you can start nesting, auroara!

Although I was fairly sure I wasn't going to get a shower this time, but one of my friends just asked me what dates I'm free this month so she can have our group of friends to her place for a little party. I did say gifts weren't necessary, but it will be nice to celebrate our new addition, gifts or no gifts. Unfortunately, two of my closest friends aren't part of that group, and though I know she'll invite them if I ask, I doubt they'd come since they won't know anyone else and they don't even know each other.

Hobbermittens
August 6th, 2012, 05:03 PM
How fun that you are getting baby showers, Auroara and Mocha! I only had one for my first.

Auroara, hope your house gets back in shape soon so you can nest!

Lynxie, my 2nd and 3rd had hiccups a lot, and neither has reflux that I know of. They did spit up a lot as babies, but it stopped at around a year or so.

I finally got the results of my ICP test, and I don't have it! I am surprised, because I am still SO ITCHY! I guess I need to try baby oil or cocobutter or something.

pinkin2011
August 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Are your hands and feet itchy and hot? Palms and soles?

Hobbermittens
August 6th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Not hot, but itchy, yes. Not all the time, though. Seems to go in spurts. My levels were really low, the Dr said. They want the numbers under 7, and mine were 1.6?

pinkin2011
August 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
oh ok well that is good but I would most def keep an eye on it and the itch "usually" comes out more at night .

Has anyone here ever had an epidural and if so what was your experience?
I have major anxiety and at the moment its due to the birth ,my ob wants me to have a epi... My one and only labour was 7 hrs long from start to finish it was 4.5 hrs from when the bad pain started and he was out BUT it was the most horrible thing ever and I remember after he was born I was so scared to do it again that when he was a week old I kept telling myself its ok I will never have to go through that again... Now look at me!!! And that fear is still with me. I have heard good and bad stories about epidurals My ob thinks I should be fine as my last labour was straight forward and pretty quick although I know things can change but she said all would be fine for me to have one. Just a few things I have heard puts me off but maybe I should just stick with my plan and have one and let myself experience it as everyone is different hey!

PeonyPrincess
August 6th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I haven't had one Pinkin, but almost everyone else I know has and most found it fantastic. The only ones who didn't think it was so great were when it didn't work very well or worked so well that they thought it felt strange not to be able to feel their legs.

I felt pretty traumatised after DS1s birth, as it was excruciatingly painful when they had to use the suction to help get him out. I told my OB with DS2 that I was anxious about the birth and wondering about having an epidural and he said I could or could see how I went and get one if I needed it. It was a totally different experience and I managed without one. I think I just love being able to get up 20 mins after giving birth and have a shower! I have my FX that this one won't need to be induced and I will be able to spend plenty of time in the shower or bath rather than hooked up to machines.

If you think it is likely you will panic when the pain starts getting really bad then I think it is definitely worth considering an epidural. You sort of need to be able to go into a bit of a zone to deal with it all when it gets full on. There is every chance this birth will be a whole different experience to your first one.

pinkin2011
August 6th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Yeah well when I had my ds I was very nervous before hand and I am not a real loud person anyway so I didnt shout or anything I more so just laid there stuck to the gas for 4.5 hrs but it was just horrible I was induced aswell. I couldnt talk couldnt make a sound because it was so painful couldnt breathe thats why i just sucked on that gas!!!! I am very scared about it all again just the experience scared the heck out of me and tbh before i gave birth i was scared and knew it would be just horrible but the pain was even worse then i thought

Hobbermittens
August 7th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Pinkin, I have had 3 epidurals. No way could I handle a natural birth!! I haven't had any side effects at all. If you want one, you should get one. It is nice to get relief from the pain.

pinkin2011
August 7th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I am going to stick to my plan and get one! My d/h really wants me to get one aswell seeing me in that pain shock him up a bit too at the time i think and he is all for me getting it

TTC5
August 7th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I have never had an epi, so scared I will be in the minority and something will go terribly wrong!!

PeonyPrincess
August 7th, 2012, 06:08 AM
I am feeling relieved as I think I just started nesting! This place was in need of some TLC. For some reason I always seem to start with the laundry.
Auroara, I hope you get to return to your nesting soon...how frustrating not to have a kitchen!

laughinglynxie
August 7th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Auroara and Peony, I'm totally nesting these days. This weekend I just scrubbed the heck out of my stove and the floors. haha.

Pinkin, I have never had an epidural, but I had a super easy birth with DS1 (under 6 hours total). I had a little dose of IV meds and that was it. Only "bad" thing about my birth was that I needed an episiotomy because my body just wouldn't stretch no matter how long we waited and baby's vitals were starting to go down.

Hobbermittens
August 7th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Nesting! I am so jealous of you ladies. I never nest. I jus get lazier and lazier, and just want to sit around more and more!

auroara78
August 7th, 2012, 03:36 PM
LOL I was very timid shall I say before DS1....just bored and ready to meet the baby, no nesting! DS2 a little bit of last minute flurry nesting...this time I got it soooooo bad, and I think it's just because my house is in shambles, that I want to make sure it's "ready" before baby comes...I swear if my kitchen, 1/2 bath, and ulitly room weren't pulled apart, I don't think I'd be bothered either, lol.

Hobbermittens
August 7th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I guess the closest thing to nesting that is happening to me is, I am desperate for DH to do all these projects he has been putting off forever, like clean up the yard, etc. They are all things I can't do myself, so I am annoyed that he is putting it off!

Mochagirl
August 8th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Hey ladies! I'm on my way home from my Mom's place right now. It's been a really rough few days with my Dad's funeral, but now we can start getting back to normal.

I think I overdid it a bit while there because I have been getting lots of painful contractions. On Monday night I spent 3 hours greeting visitors at my Dad's wake and it was after that the contractions started. They're just BH and irregular, but painful, which is new for me. It's making me think we probably shouldn't go to my cottage after all because I'll be 36 weeks while there, and I really don't want to deliver my baby in that hospital - it's a bit of a backwater, and I doubt they'd let me have my VBAC.

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Oh no Mocha, I hope you are feeling better now! I agree about the cabin. You wouldn't want to risk it!

HappyLea
August 8th, 2012, 03:21 PM
hey ladies, well had my new router delivered today so fingerscrossed i will now stay online :D totally lost without my internet.

I too think this baby is low and head down as i am getting alot of pressure on my pelvis and i cannot walk for long before im in agony. Also can feel his hiccups very low down.
Well we are off to Bristol tomorrow for my sister in laws wedding on Friday, all the boys look so so cute in their page boy outfits (will post a pic when we get back) they are so excited :D

I will do a propper catch up when we are back at the weekend, Mocha hope your feeling better soon and take it easy!

Pinkin, I had 2 epi's

with DS1 took 5 attempts for them to get it in as the gaps in my spine are close together but when in, the relief was amazing! I could sleep which was great. At one point tho too much of the drug was going in and the numbness was getting higher and higher in my body and affecting my breathing but they sorted that out and all was ok. Could still feel when pushing.

No epi with DS2 went all way through with gas and air and pethadine, when i wanted epi it was too late. I managed without it even tho in pain but great as i was home hours later.

DS3 i was contracting at 34weeks managed to keep him in for a further week but they had to induce me at 35 weeks, by far the most painful birth. I had epi with him but again they couldnt get it in, then they had to leave me without epi to go to an emergency. When came back they managed to get it in. But it didnt work for some reason which was unknown. Anyway had gas and air throughout and then when it came to pushing they moved me up the bed and this must have moved the epidural and suddenly i had no feeling what so ever, so didnt know when to push etc. I managed to get him out with the threat of theatre. They then got me straight up when i couldnt feel anything and as i pissed myself they told me i had a bladder problem, i told them that the epidural had only just kicked in and i couldnt feel anything but they didnt listen. Needless to say i was not happy and indeed i did not have a bladder problem. By far my worst hospital/birth experience. The before and after care both for me and DS3 was horrendous!

This birth i am planning for a home waterbirth. As i did manage to go through whole birth for DS2 and most of DS3 without epi i hope i can do it with this one using water as pain relief and gas and air. The midwifes have been great about it and i will be attending a class in September about it to get more info and make my decision. I can have homebirth as long as he doesnt make an appearance before 37weeks so just hoping he isnt premmie like DS3 x

I had 2 very different experiences with epi's but they were also done in different hospital. DS1 was amazing DS3 not so.

Sorry if this isnt of any help Pinkin but i would say go with the flow and if you think you need it then go for it x

Mochagirl
August 8th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I just got back from my mw appt and I got the results of my u/s. the baby looked perfect and in fact measured about a week ahead. They estimated her at well over 5lbs - this was last week when I was 33 weeks.

My suspicions that the baby dropped this weekend were confirmed when the mw discovered she's now engaged in my pelvis. She's posterior, though, so I'm still hoping she flips.

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Happylea, your DS3 birth experience sounds unpleasant--I am sorry that happened. :( I hope this time around, you get the birth you want!

Mocha, glad all looks well with baby Sadie!

pinkin2011
August 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
HappyLea I will just stick with the epi I think, I will either love it or hate it !! Gosh you would think with the way the world is now they would have way better options for us girls having babies! I know at the end of the day we are made for it but seriously it is so painful and unfair, men get off so lightly!

pinkin2011
August 8th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Mocha I am so glad bubs is growing well, I had a growth scan with ds1 at 34 weeks and he was 5 pounds aswell. She is growing very nice!

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Here is a picture from today. 32 weeks! My shirts are all getting too short, and my belly hangs out.... :oops: I feel kind of trashy!
Also, look how swollen my hands are. Yuck! Summer makes for a hard pregnancy.
p.s. ignore the mess in the back ground! :oops:

Mochagirl
August 8th, 2012, 05:42 PM
You look great, Hobber! You're carrying very low!

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 05:44 PM
pinkin, I agree, men get off so easy!! Their part is pure fun, isn't it, just getting laid and making a deposit, and the rest is up to us! :sigh: I am sure my DH would disagree, because he has to put up with my mood swings and my weird food aversions, etc, but really, that is nothing compared to what I am dealing with!!

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 05:45 PM
You're carrying very low!

I know, it looks like my belly is just hanging there. Gross! People keep telling me I've dropped, but I promise I haven't, it is just because I have no stomach muscles and everything is stretched out!

pinkin2011
August 8th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hobb, You have no weight anywhere you just have a ball belly!! How cute! and yes you do look like you are carrying very low!!
I am finding it hard to fit my tummy into any of my clothes , I need to go shopping!!!

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
That's nice of you to say pinkin, but I have gained 20 lbs so far, and I was about 20 lbs overweight when I got pregnant because of the HE diet. So I should be a lot smaller.

Have fun shopping!

TTC5
August 9th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Aww cute H! Sure look like you have dropped to me too!

PeonyPrincess
August 9th, 2012, 03:08 AM
And that is why my DH will have a vasectomy when this one arrives! They need to share some of the fun!!

Hobber, you describe yourself much bigger than you are. You are looking fantastic!

Mocha, rest up when you get home and hopefully the BH will settle. Funerals are so exhausting even when you're not pg.

pinkin2011
August 9th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Went to my ob today and measured 30 cm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! geeze I think we are in for a big bubba!

Got my results back for sugar test , was neg.. My results were not back for my bile test yet.

I said to my ob that I am sure I can feel his head down below and yep sure enough his head down! No wounder why I am this uncomfortable so early on!

auroara78
August 9th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hobbers, you look great!! And you are carrying low, OWT--BOY!! hahaha (yeah, I couldn't resist!)

Mocha, so glad baby Sadie is at a good weight, and is measuring well!

Pinkin, can't believe your baby is already head down like that, I hope you have a GREAT delivery when the times comes.

They are starting on the floors of my house this Friday and all the restoration work shoudl be done by next Weds. :fingers: that they stay on time/schedule and DO IT!! I am soooo ready for some nesting!!

I am so tired of everyone at work saying I won't make it till September, I'm sure I've vented before about that, but seriously, if I had just one dollar every time for every day I've heard that, I could start paying off all the bills I owe, haha.

I am so sleeepy today. DS1 keeps having nightmares and crawls in bed with us, then he always ends up trying to snuggle to me, and that pisses off the baby when he's trying to put his leg or hand near her, so then that gets her awake and she's kicking...and eerrrr....

Then when DS1 acatually stays in his own bed all night, my husband tries to snuggle, and then he tries to put a leg over me, and I'm thinking, dude that is sooo uncomfortable....it would be nice to banish everyone out of the bed and have no one trying to snuggle, but I guess I need to be grateful that I have loving people who want to snuggle with me :heart:

auroara78
August 9th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Oh we need to see more bump pics!! I'm gonna try to do a new one later today.

Hobbermittens
August 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Auroara, I have been really enjoying sleeping alone some nights--DH will fall asleep on the couch while we are watching TV, and I just leave him there! I used to wake him up when I went to bed, but these days I have been enjoyinghaving our bed to myself, so I just let him sleep on the couch! I am so mean.

I know what you mean about people telling you you won't make it to your due date. I have heard that a ton, and it IS annoying!

Hobbermittens
August 9th, 2012, 11:09 AM
pinkin, glad your sugar test was good! My baby is head down, too. I can feel the hiccups WAAAAAYYY down at the bottom of my belly.

Peony, how did you convince DH to get the big V? Mine is violently opposed!

Mochagirl
August 9th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Auroara - I hear you on wishing you didn't have to share your bed! At my Mom's place DH and I were in a double bed, which just wasn't big enough for me and my belly with dh. Add to that the fact that at least one of my kids ended up joining us every night, as they always do at home, and it meant I didn't sleep at all! By the last night we were there I decided to put one ds to bed in the big bed with dh, and I slept on his single futon on the floor. I slept soooooo much better on my own like that!

I'm very relieved Sadie's doing well. They have some sort of scoring system that looks at heartbeat, bloodflow in the cord, baby's size, and cervix, and I scored well above the normal healthy range. She was measuring 5lbs7oz at 33weeks4days, which put her almost exactly a week ahead. I can't believe I'm going to finally meet her next month!

auroara78
August 9th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I know..I cannot believe I'm going to meet my daughter either....it gives me goosebumps to think about it! My co workers did the baby shower thing today, and it's good, but so many apologized because they hadn't had time to get a gift...that was a bit awkward, and then they were asking me what I still needed...and honestly, I just want them to pick out something (if they want to) that means something to them, or they think I'll like...I hate telling ppl what to get the baby, lol.

Everything was pink and hot pink and there was a cute blue ruffly dress thing....maybe I'll snap a picture and show ya'll.

Mochagirl
August 9th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Oooh - yes, give us a pic, auroara! I love looking at new baby stuff!

It all became real to me at my midwife appointment yesterday when she asked me if I've packed my hospital bag yet. My response was to laugh...but then I realised that considering all the contractions I've been having, maybe I should. I also realised we still don't have a car seat (all our old ones are expired now), and that's the one thing you CAN'T leave the hospital without.

It's a cool, rainy day here so I've been nesting like crazy all day, trying to get stuff moved out of my husband's office so I can start making it into the nursery. He has so much CRAP in there. I just found a pile of 4 year old, dust-covered, random receipts behind a bookcase. He also has tons and tons of notes he's taken at various archives over the years (he's a historian). They aren't organised in any meaningful way, as far as I can tell - just piles of dusty paper. This is going to take a while....

pinkin2011
August 9th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Auroara, I know I am not sure why it is head down so early on?? It probably downt mean too much anyway maybe he is just too big to move around?? I looked on my card that I take to my ob app and next to presentation it says ceph, what does that mean?

I am feeling more itchy then ever esp last night and this morning! I wounder what my bile acid levels were last sat, I hope she gets my results back soon not that they can do much but I am just curious.

Mocha I think I am going to ask for a growth scan at 34 weeks same time I had it with ds1 ... I remember having that scan done and you could see his face so clear it was fantastic! I was looking over the growth chart I got back with him.. I was 34w3days and he was 5lbs4oz and at the 39th percentile he was ahead by 4 days going by this.. says he was weighing what a 35 week bub should be. So I think I would like to get that done again its interesting to look over.

PeonyPrincess
August 10th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Pinkin, ceph just means head, so head down basically, like you know he is. Hope you get your result soon. That itching sounds so annoying.

Hobber, I have tried quite a few means of birth control and they all seem to kill my libido. I think DH figures the vasectomy is worth it to have a wife who is keen to jump him. And I tell him it is the least he can do after everything the female has to go through! Like all men he would rather not have to do it, but I tell him it's either that or condoms forever, which neither of us like much. I also asked for a recommendation for a doctor who is very good at them, rather than just hoping for the best, so that eased his mind a bit.

Auroara, your work baby shower sounds nice. I'd love to see some photos too. At my work they seem to take a 'donation' from anyone wanting to contribute to a present and then get something big. I have only been there since last October so I am not expecting them to do too much, but perhaps some of the wealthy pilots and doctors will pitch in- lol.

Mocha, Sadie is sounding just perfect! It is so soon that you'll be telling us she is here. Very exciting.

auroara78
August 10th, 2012, 09:29 AM
my DH won't get fixed...he is also "violently opposed" but since we are still open to having a 4th one day (maybe....) I guess it's obviously good that he's not wanting to get fixed. I can't do hormonal BC (it makes me too depressed and takes away my sex drive too much) so I guess we'll go back to our standard pull out method, combined with avoidance around O time, and hope for the best.

I didn't get a chacne to take a pix, but I will for sure, there was this awesome handmade gift basket an employee made and I didn't open it until I got home, but it got some real cute little cotton dresses not pink in there, so that was cool. My DH looked at the stuff with me and was fine with all of it, except one piece.

Mochagirl
August 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Ok, now I'm curious, auroara - what gift did dh not approve of and why?

auroara78
August 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Actually there were two of them, but they were very similiar--one said "little diva" in silver and had an animal print tutu attached to the back where the butt woudl be...and the other one was pink with a smiliar animal print tutu on the back and it read "Princess"...he hates anything that says "princess" on it, but he's gonna have to get over that, because ton of girl clothing has that on it! I'll snap a pic and try to get it up tonight so ya'll can see....they are not my faves either, I prefer sweet, cute and innocent little baby clothes, but I didn't get appalled by it like he did.

Mochagirl
August 10th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, I'm not fond of the 'princess' baby stuff and am trying my hardest to avoid it, but you're right that it's everywhere so I'm bound to get some as present too.

It was similar when I was pregnant with my boys - people kept buying me stuff either covered with sports motifs or in camouflage print, both of which I didn't like. I think most of those things either never got worn or were just worn for one token photo op for the gift giver.

Hobbermittens
August 10th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I hate the princess stuff too! I don't like the message it sends. I also don't like how all the boy stuff has sports on it, either. I wish clothes were more gender neutral.

Mochagirl
August 10th, 2012, 04:04 PM
I totally agree, Hobber. I'm also not fond of all the licensed character clothing out there. I prefer plain colours/patterns in general rather than Winnie The Pooh/Dora/Diego/Mickey Mouse or other stuff like that on baby clothes. It's different when your kids are older and actually want to wear clothes with their favourite characters on them (I can't count the number of Super Mario shirts in this house :rofl:), but why force commercialism on an innocent baby still untouched by all that stuff?

Hobbermittens
August 10th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Yeah, I couldn't agree more! I really hate all the Disney princesses, My Little Pony, Minnie Mouse, etc. and purposely avoid stuff with those characters on it. And why do they insist on putting Spiderman on all the boy stuff?

Mochagirl
August 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I couldn't agree more! I really hate all the Disney princesses, My Little Pony, Minnie Mouse, etc. and purposely avoid stuff with those characters on it. And why do they insist on putting Spiderman on all the boy stuff?

Luckily for me, my kids have never cared for Spiderman, so that stuff has yet to infiltrate our house.

Mochagirl
August 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I am in total nesting mode today. We've finally had some cool, rainy weather after a 2 month long, steamy hot drought, so I've been cleaning non-stop. I spent the entire day cleaning the living room/dining room - moving all the furniture, vacuuming and mopping, organising the millions of tiny toys that were invading every corner of the room, scrubbing marker drawings and stickers left on the hardwood, etc. Phew! Of course, it'll probably take the boys about 3 seconds to undo all of the work I've done (they were downstairs playing much of the day), but for right now it looks great!

Hobbermittens
August 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
My son does like spiderman a little, but he is into other stuff more, like ocean animals. He used to love Thomas the Train, though, so we had a LOT of Thomas stuff here for a while! It didn't bother me too much, though. Thomas is pretty tame.

Is it possible for the baby to press on my actual stomach? I cannot imagine how it can be up that high, because I can feel feet/hands/ something way low in my pelvis, but something is making my stomach hurt--the actual organ of my stomach. Itcomes and goes and feels like pressure/pain. Maybe the baby is stretching a leg up there and kicking at it?

laughinglynxie
August 11th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I'm also not a fan of the licensed characters, etc. on clothing. Our one exception for our son is Batman. We have a really cute comic book styled shirt that he adores and then the jammies that look like Batman (with the cape and stuff). And I also agree that I don't really like "diva" or "princess" for girls. I feel like if they made a boy equivalent it would say something like "douchebag" or "jerk" on it. LOL. Maybe I'm a little extreme on that one, but I dunno these days...

My DH has no qualms about getting a vasectomy. I'm sure he'll be sort of nervous about it, but it's such a simple in and out procedure. He has known plenty of other guys that have done it and I've discussed with him that it is the safest and least painful option between the two of us. Guys just are way too protective of their junk. I agree, we have to share our bodies SO MUCH. The least a man can do is be part of the birth control process.

Hobbermittens
August 11th, 2012, 03:35 PM
And I also agree that I don't really like "diva" or "princess" for girls. I feel like if they made a boy equivalent it would say something like "douchebag" or "jerk" on it.

This made me laugh so hard. It is a weird double standard, isn't it? Like we should encourage girls to be sassy and bitchy--why? Do people think that is the same as being a strong woman who stands up for herself? No, you can be a strong woman without being a bitch!

I for one do NOT want my daughters to be sassy and bitchy, and I am constantly getting on my oldest about her attitude. I do not allow eye rolling, exasperated sighs, or rudeness. SHe needs to be polite to people! The same goes for my son.

Hobbermittens
August 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
As far as the vasectomy, I would expect that all men would love to keep having unprotected sex, so why not do it, rather than be forced into a life of condoms? Because that is what will happen to my DH. He flat our WILL NOT have the big V, ever. He has told me that many times. :sigh:

Hobbermittens
August 11th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Oh, and I am also a little worried today. The baby isn't moving as much as it usually does. It does move some if I poke at it, but it usually is doing cartwheels in there. Could it just behaving an "off" day, or should I be worried? :worry:

Mochagirl
August 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Hobber - I have days where my normally very active baby is chill. I notice it on very hot days, and also on days when I'm on the move a lot. Yesterday, when I spent the whole day cleaning, I think the baby slept all day - probably my constant movement rocked her to sleep. Once I lay down in bed at night, she MORE than made up for it by doing a gold-medal worthy gymnastics routine in there!

Hobbermittens
August 11th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I hope it is just resting. I have been sitting down for long periods, and that is usually when I feel stuff the most, but haven't felt a whole lot aside from a few stretches. I hope all is well in there.

TTC5
August 12th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hobber, has bub picked up yet? I find mine goes quiet when I am most active!!

So I am now 33+2 and nesting BIG time! Have had a suspected hind leak 2 nights ago too. Nothing to worry about though. Belly has dropped so low, scan this week to see how big he is. Don't think he is far away now..

pinkin2011
August 12th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Geeze TTC5! how exciting!! You usually have your babies early dont you?

pinkin2011
August 12th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Just woundering does anyone have any tips on preventing stretch marks? I got a few with my first ds on my lower stomach which started at about 34 weeks when he was growing so fast.. I know I am probably a bit late to start now but I dont want to get anymore and the ones I have they are so faded you wouldnt really know they were there. I have heard Bio Oil is good but I should of strted that early on.. Is there anything else I could try?

Mochagirl
August 12th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I gave up on stretch marks long ago. I thought I'd avoided them with my twins, until right near the end of my pregnancy I caught a glimpse of my belly in the mirror and realized the underside was covered in stretch marks. I got more - on the top side this time - with ds3.
In the last month or so I've been getting tons with this pregnancy.

They always seem to fade somewhat after the baby is born, and honestly I'm far more concerned about my 'twin skin' (loose skin) I was unable to get rid of even while a size 0 to concern myself too much with stretch marks. My bikini days are long over. Sigh...

laughinglynxie
August 12th, 2012, 01:33 PM
My in-utero resident always slows down if I'm doing too much or not drinking enough water. Or sometimes I do just have a slow day...growth spurts?

Stretch marks are unavoidable. It's all genetics. I got them when I went through puberty, so I knew I would get them with pregnancy. With DS1, they showed up about 34 weeks. I don't have any new ones yet and my old ones haven't turned red again. I'm sure it's only a matter of time! You could try to take fish oil supplements or just get some plain ol' Jojoba Oil or Shea Butter. Those are the most similar to the skin's own oils. :)

Hobbermittens
August 12th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Stretch marks are unavoidable. Anyone who doesn't get them is genetically lucky!! I have so many it is ridiculous. I, like Mocha, also have that extra skin.... I wish I could get a tummy tuck!!

The baby is moving a lot today. Yesterday it must have been taking a bunch of power naps. :)

TTC5, keep us posted! Sounds like you might have that baby pretty soon!

TTC5
August 12th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Had 5 min contractions for an hour last night and then they just stopped!!! Hoping to make it to 37 weeks which is less than 4 weeks away now!! Noone thinks I am going to make it though lol!

Hobbermittens
August 12th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Wow, TTC5, do you think the hospital would try to stop your labor if you went in right now? You are only 33 weeks?

Butterfly Spirit
August 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Had 5 min contractions for an hour last night and then they just stopped!!! Hoping to make it to 37 weeks which is less than 4 weeks away now!! Noone thinks I am going to make it though lol!

I think you will be fine! Remember the first scare at 26 weeks and you remember what I told you.. At 33 wks you will be FINE! :) Maybe last night those were Braxton Hicks though?

PeonyPrincess
August 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Pinkin, some people swear by Bio Oil and another one called Belli elasticity belly oil. I saw a dermatologist once about something else and asked him about them as I had just had DS2 and had a few below my belly button. He said there is nothing that stops them and nothing that gets rid of them afterwards. (Just what every mother wants to hear!) He said the best that happens is they fade to white and aren't as noticeable, so to use sunburn cream if swimming. I rub my tummy with a moisturiser when I think of it but figure if they are going to come there is not a lot I can do about it.
My veins have been dreadful this pg. Never a problem before. The back of my left leg looks bruised but it is a mixture of spider and varicose veins. Luckily they don't hurt and I just pray they settle after or I will be living in maxi dresses and jeans for the rest of my life.

Hobber, is bub more active again? Mine has the occasional quiet day and once they run out of room they do more often from memory?

TTC5, can't believe you will be telling us before long that your beautiful boy has arrived!

PeonyPrincess
August 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Just saw your post Hobber. That's great to hear.

TTC5
August 13th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Wow, TTC5, do you think the hospital would try to stop your labor if you went in right now? You are only 33 weeks?

It all depends on if my waters break or not.

TTC5
August 13th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I think you will be fine! Remember the first scare at 26 weeks and you remember what I told you.. At 33 wks you will be FINE! :) Maybe last night those were Braxton Hicks though?

Nah these were def contractions ;) I get BH's alllll the time and they are different x

auroara78
August 13th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Wow TTC5, you may be having your baby first out of this group!!!

We had a crazy weekend, with my family's baby shower on Sat. and then on Sunday we attended my cousin's daughters joint bday party at chuck e cheeses (if everyone knows what that is?) it's like a kid place that serves pizza and junky food, and you can get tokens to play games and try to win tickets to buy prizes (the prizes are total crap, however.) It was my first trip ever there, and DS1 had a blast. DS2 was looking for trouble, as always, but thankfully, my cousin and her Dad helped with him, so I could watch and help DS1 play some games too. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of driving...both parties were an hour and 1/2 away one way, so 3 hrs in the car on both days, my back hurts still from being in the car that long!

Baby shower was nice, got very cute girl stuff from my family, no princess or blingy messages. I agree laugninglynyxe that "princess" and "diva" crap is the equivelent of having a shirt that read "douchebag" for a boy, rofl...that was so funny, loved it!

Glad babe is more active Hobbers...my babe goes thru slow, quiet days too that worry me sometimes! Then the next day I am like..."OK that hurts, I know you're OK in there!!"

I promise to post some pixs still of the really cool purple outfits i got (my fave color) and then the diva ones just for laughs. And also I will still post a bump pix, it was just such a crazy weekend! I've never had a weekend fly by so fast, with just being out at two different parties, and on Friday night, husband and I took DS1 to our card shop we used to frequent, where we used to play the game "magic the gathering" we were trying to teach DS1 how to play, and he also got his first comic book ever, it was a dinosaur one, lol....DS1 had the best weekend ever with all the activities...and DS2 had fun too, just, well, he's still too young to remember any of it.

Hobbermittens
August 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Peony, I haven't ever had a problem with the veins, but I have a few friends who have, and my mother got varicose veins from pregnancy. I have heard they are painful. Hopefully yours won't last after the baby is born!

Auroara, sounds like you had a great weekend! Glad your shower was fun. I still haven't taken my kids to Chuck E. Cheese--can you believe it? We have one an hour away, but I just have never had the energy to watch all the kids there.

My DS had his first day of school today. He is starting early with Kindergarten Academy, which is like a warm up for kids who are going to Kindergarten this year. It is optional, but we chose to do it because he seemed a little nervous about starting school this year. Anyway, leaving him there, I cried. :( I can't believe he is such a big boy already. It makes me especially sad to think that if the baby is a girl, then my only boy has gone off to school, and that's it. :(

Mochagirl
August 13th, 2012, 12:51 PM
My Mom had terrible varicose veins in pregnancy, and they never went away. She eventually had the biggest ones laser treated because they caused her so much pain. Somehow I dodged that bullet, though - I've never had varicose veins - just stretch marks and loose skin.

I'm jealous of all these gift-giving baby showers you're having, auroara! I don't think I'll be getting any gifts at mine - it's just a bunch of girls getting together for dessert and tea. I've been making myself a registry anyway, just for fun. I figure it will help me keep tabs of what I need, and if by chance anyone asks what I need I can direct them to it.

Mochagirl
August 13th, 2012, 01:11 PM
So I went out today to buy curtains for the baby's room. I intended to get practical, neutral blackout curtains like I have in all the boys' rooms, but when it came down to it I couldn't make myself buy the drab brown ones I had chosen. Instead I somehow ended up with hot pink micro suede ones, egged in by my kids who all like bright colors.

What do you think? Too much? The walls in there are yellow and we aren't planning on repainting. I bought a curtain rod too but haven't put it up yet, so for this picture I just propped it up on top of the blinds.

auroara78
August 13th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I like the hot pink! it's nice! the yellow on the walls is very muted, it just gives it more of a warm glow than anything else...

Hobbers, ahhh that is so emotional, sending your son off to kingergarten academy...I know when DS1 goes to preschool for the first time this Fall I'm going to be crying. Even though I have DS2, I think it's gonna hit me hard that my first baby is big enough to be on his own someplace for a few hours....and chin up, I still really believe your baby is going to be a handsome pretty boy that you will spoil and love on :heart:

Hobbermittens
August 13th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Those are bright, Mocha! But I think it is sweet that Sadie's older brothers chose them, so you should keep them.

Hobbermittens
August 13th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Thanks, Auroara. I held it together until he was out of sight, so at least he didn't see me cry.

I just realized that Baby Lillian and Baby Sadie are going to be here in about a month!! Auroara and Mocha, are you getting excited?

pinkin2011
August 13th, 2012, 05:58 PM
How expensive are these babies????
I didnt have anything left from ds1 apart from my pram! So I have so many lay buys on it isnt funny!!! With ds1 I was out buying baby things at like 17 weeks with this one I only picked up my first lay buy on the weekend so i need to really start getting things sorted... SO MUCH MONEY THO!!!!!!

I never got my results back from my liver bile test which I had 2 weeks ago and the symptoms of ICP were very mild at the time of that test. yesterday and today My hands and feet are soooo itchy I have so scratch them with a fork but I just cant get any relief.. I am off my food and feel a bit down because it is driving me CRAZY! There is not much my dr can do for me right now anyway because I am still so early on but that is my whole problem ... How am I going to make it to the end feeling like this everyday?? Seriously until you experience this itch you have no idea! I am taking phenergan at bed time which does help me sleep. AAHHHH!!!!
Hobb how is your itch going?

Hobbermittens
August 13th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Pinkin, my palm of my left hand has been making me nuts today. I think I am going to ask for a repeat test in a few weeks if things don't get better! I'm sorry you are so itchy too--it really sucks!!

pinkin2011
August 13th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Oh It sure does! I feel like I want to rip all my skin off!

pinkin2011
August 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Hobb I remember a while ago you wanting to see ultrasound profile of baby boys.
Here is mine4052

Mochagirl
August 13th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I just realized that Baby Lillian and Baby Sadie are going to be here in about a month!! Auroara and Mocha, are you getting excited?

OMG yes!!!!! I keep having contractions and it reminds me of how close I am! I also seem to have had a sudden growth spurt as pants that were fitting find last week now don't fit at all.

I'm going into overdrive nesting and organising the nursery. I also sorted, tagged and packed all my baby boy clothes so they'll be ready for the big used clothing sale at the end of Sept.

TTC5
August 14th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Mocha you should see the growth I have had in just one week, it is crazy!
I am having irregular ctx too, only 45 days or less for me now.

PeonyPrincess
August 14th, 2012, 04:03 AM
Pinkin that sounds awful. Can the doctor chase up the blood results? Sounds like you probably need a repeat anyway since it has got a lot worse, but it would be good to have a baseline to compare it to.

Mochagirl
August 14th, 2012, 07:46 AM
I saw your growth on FB, TTC5 - crazy! I should compare my belly pics like that too!

Mochagirl
August 14th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Hobber and pinkin - I'm so sorry you're so itchy. It sounds awful!

auroara78
August 14th, 2012, 10:30 AM
My floors are getting done today...hooray!! I'm hoping everything in the kitchen, uliltiy room, and 1/2 bath will be functional when I get home tonight!! I am dying to get in there and start washing the baby girl clothes, but then two things occured to me: 1) I really need to get to washing the FAMILY's clothes first (we've just been washing things we have to have and letting them air dry, so there is a ton of laundry piled up that we have had on wait.)

And then the second thing is the WHERE? We're going to move DS2 into DS1's room soonish, but we've run into a few problems: 1) DH wants the boys to have a bunk bed, where DS1 of course is on top bunk and DS2 bottom bunk (with the protective gates or whatnot)...we really cannot afford it right atm, and my DH is disclined to put it on a store credit card (I know a lot of furinature places give you a year or two of no interest, etc.) We'd also need a dresser of some kind of DS1's room for DS2's clothes, becaue his clothes are obviously still in the nursery, which will need to get moved so that we can move DD's stuff in....and now that I got a lot of clothes for DD, it's a mess!

My DH asked me last night to clean out DS2's closet (it's stacked with old baby clothes, was saving just in case this baby had been a boy, didn't wanna throw it in the attic just to come back down again), and he said "why don't you sell on ebay or give away Evan's old baby clothes since she's a girl?" I was relucant and felt sad about giving up some of the cute boy stuff we had.

He said: "even if we have another baby eventually, I don't want it to be soon, we can have our last one in 3-4 years and those clothes won't be good by then if we put them in the attic, so why don't you just get rid of them?" And I don't know why, his rationale was so sound, but the idea of parting with some of the clothes I've had since DS1 made me sad, lol...I'm so silly. But I'll def. need to go thru them and give away/sell the ones I'm not so crazy about to make room for Lillian's clothes.

So anyway, bottom line: I am sooo happy we are getting the rest of our house back now (the work shoudl be finished tomorrow, fingers crossed) but worried about making room for the new baby in our too small house. I am so happy still to be welcoming my baby girl, but I really, honestly, did not think this thru very well...the actual space requirement of bringing a new baby home would be....(or figure out that my car is a 4 seater car only, and that's a whole another ball of wax that needs unraveling soon...)

so yes, cannot wait to meet baby Lillian, am so sick of being pregnant, tired, can't sleep right, but at the same time, there is still SO much to do!

Hobbermittens
August 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
AUroara, can you look on criagslist for a bunk bed set? We got ours free from a friend who was moving. I bet you could get some cheap ones if you don't mind used ones! As far as the clothes thing, it is hard to get rid of baby clothes. Maybe you can make a hope chest or something for your boys when they are older, and save a few of your favorite things for each of them.

Glad your house will be put back together soon!

Hobbermittens
August 14th, 2012, 03:30 PM
TTC5 and Mocha--I haven't had a week of growth like that yet, but I am sure it is coming. So far, stuff still fits, but it has been getting tighter!

Pinkin, thanks for posting the picture of your little boy! He looks adorable already! What week's gestation was that picture from?

pinkin2011
August 14th, 2012, 05:33 PM
It was 20 weeks

Mochagirl
August 14th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I had an annoying encounter today. I was out shopping with all 3 boys, and someone who worked in the store came over, and without any preliminaries or even a smile and a hello asked with a voice expressing pure horror "You don't have another boy in there, do you??". I was so taken aback by her rudeness I couldn't come up with a good comeback and just said without a smile "No, it's a girl". After that she literally sighed with relief and said "You are SUCH a lucky woman" as though I had somehow evaded death or something awful like that. I just shot a dirty look at her and kept walking.

Seriously, why are people so rude? No wonder people suffer GD. Like it would be the worst thing in the world to have 4 boys??

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 01:49 AM
Seriously, why are people so rude? No wonder people suffer GD. Like it would be the worst thing in the world to have 4 boys??

I would have LOVED 4 boys! That was my dream family! What a rude bitch. I am sorry your boys (and you) had to hear that!

TTC5
August 15th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Rude bitch!! x x x

HappyLea
August 15th, 2012, 09:36 AM
ARGH...how rude, but believe me i cant believe how many people are so nasty and dont think before they speak...the comments hurt people and they just dont care! Im getting tired of the silly comments already and he isnt even here yet :(

I have recently had a few GD moments and get upset but im trying to stay strong. Doesn't help that i keep dreaming that when i deliver this baby its actually a girl! I have been around a few babies recently and all mostly girls and then my friend whom already has a little girl gave birth to her team green baby and she got her boy...so she got her pp and i got so jealous. I know i will love baby charlie but i just feel like...why cant i have a girl??!! I really dont think i can let go of my dream of a girl!!!

Well we had a lovely weekend away, at sister in laws wedding and the boys looked so amazing in their page boy outfits and where little treasures...they were great and got lots of attention and i cant wait to see the professional pics and the video that was done.

Enough of me, so sorry some of you ladies are itchy sounds nasty!
Cant believe some of the babies are due very soon and wont be long till we start popping them out, so exciting! Are you already ladies? Are all your birth plans sorted? I feel so unprepared at the moment...i think i want a homebirth but the class to get info is only 15th Sept and i feel like it is late to get info then make our decision. I like to be organised and i feel totally like i still dont know anything and dont like it.

auroara78
August 15th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I got a dr appt next week and I'll ask him about when we're going to schedule the C-section. Atm, my husband and I are leaning towards Sept. 14th (it's a friday) because her due date is the 16th (sunday) and of course my OB won't let me have her on my due date for a scheduled section. Still, my preferred date is the 18th for some reason but that's 2 days overdue and I really doubt he'll let me schedule a c-section 2 days past time.

The guys did not full fix our house yet...as matter of fact, the floor guy broke our fridge's ice maker and put two dents on the door, and also scraped the fridge across the kitchen's entry molding aroudn the door ...so they got some shit to fix...grr so frustrating! There was sawdust all over the new floors (like light covering, hard to see but can feel with bare feet), and also the dishwasher was reinstalled but not working yet, there is a huge hole in our kitchen where our old duct used to be, and the dryer is not hooked up yet...so they still got a ton of work to do, and my DH is so pissed atm at their shoddy work...while I'm annoyed, for some reason, it doesn't make me as mad as it did him....I guess I figure they'll have to fix it before we give them the check...our insuracne company mailed us a check to give to them, and I'm not giving them a check until it is 120% to my satisifaction!! There are some other issues too like when you use the kitchen sink the hot water heater makes very bizarre noise it's never made before, the 1/2 toilet runs after you flush, etc, etc...I just have hope that all will be fixed and won't be a worry in the long run.

so I am still waiting with baited breath to get down n dirty with my nesting!

and mocha, I agree....there would've been nothing wrong with 4 boys. That was my biggest issue really with this preg before I knew she was a girl was the feeling that I'd let everyone down if it was another boy, and that is so stupid, really. But I just felt all this pressure that she had to be a girl...i should have just thought 'screw' everyone else! It's my family and I'll love and treasure any child of mine, even more boys!

HappyLea
August 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM
auroa i too would be holding onto the cheque until i was fully satisfied with all the work done! I too would not be impressed with the shoddy work. Hopefully it will be all done for you soon then you can get down to nesting.

Wow it really isnt long now before you will get to meet you little girl. Hope you agree on a date for your c-section.

I do feel the way you felt before you knew she was a girl, i really feel i have let people down and i know that is stupid. This is my family and what other people think should not bother me, but it does. DH has been great and even though he would have liked a girl he is happy with another boy and he tells me to ignore other people and their stupid commets.

My mum has been great tho, she knows how much i wanted a girl and she has been very supportive and has been on a mission with me to find clothes for him that aren't just blue. Then i have my nan, whom also knew how much i wanted a girl and she says stuff like, 'oh it would have been lovely if you had a girl you could have bought her such cute clothes.' She also bought a blue sleepsuit and said 'oh but the place i got this from had such lovely stuff for girls, pity your not having a girl'

I feel like no one will be bothered about making a fuss over him because he is another boy. I know it wont be the case with everyone but it just feels like it. He will be precious and treasured by us and i know his brothers will love him lots...the talk to him now and give him kisses and i know that will continue.

I often wonder if i would have GD at all if it wasnt for other people?! :sigh:

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Happylea, Your boys sound perfect. I would love to see some of the pictures from the wedding if you feel like posting them! I am sure your nan isn't trying to be hurtful, but it is too bad that she makes comments like that. :( You are so, so lucky to be having another boy. I think 4 boys would be the best!

Auroara, I can't believe the contractors are doing such a shoddy job on your house! My husband is a carpenter and he would NEVER ruin people's appliances, etc. He is really careful. I definitely would not pay them until everything is completely as it should be!

I went to the dr. yesterday and told him I was still itchy, and he said they could test me again, so I am waiting until my next appt in 2 weeks. He did say that there is nothing they can do about it even if it is positive, but I was under the impression the baby needs to be out by 37 weeks. But he said that wasn't always true? I am not sure what to do if he doesn't want to take the baby early if the results of the test are positive--everything I have read says that the baby needs to be out to avoid stillbirth!

Mochagirl
August 15th, 2012, 12:29 PM
I agree, HappyLea - I feel like much of my GD came from external sources. Little comments people would always say without thinking, the looks of pity I got when going around with my 3 boys, and the general preference for girls here in North America. People really need to mind their own business and stop imposing their opinions on OUR families. Your little guy is the perfect addition to YOUR family - your 4 boys are going to have such fun growing up together, and there are many women out there who will envy you your family of princes.

HappyLea
August 15th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hope this works, here are a few pics from the wedding. Cant wait to see the professional ones as he managed to get all 3 boys together...much more successful than our attempts :rofl:

Oliver walking down the aisle with nanny
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0008.jpg

Benjamin and Elliott walking down the aisle
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0010.jpg

Elliott - like butter wouldn't melt
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0028.jpg

Benjy - my little gimp
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0034.jpg

Olly - who me?
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0031.jpg

All busting some moves with the bride
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/tt283/ldavidson84/DSCF0073.jpg

Mochagirl
August 15th, 2012, 03:14 PM
They look soooo adorable in those outfits, HappyLea!

HappyLea
August 15th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks hobbers. Sorry if the pics are too big. I cant wait to see the professional ones, hopefully there will be a good one of all 3 that i can have made into a canvas.
I hope that you get some answers about your itching soon. If it is positive would they increase monitoring you if there is a higher chance of stillbirth?

Mocha you are totally right, i just wish the silly people whom make the silly comments and looks would think before they open their traps. Its OUR families they are putting down/insulting and im sure they wouldnt like it if i was to say something about their families. The difference is i wouldnt do it and would have more respect for others and their families.

I know Charlie will fit into our family so well and like now i see Olly copying the older 2 and joining in its just so so cute. Im sure in many many years to come my little princes will give me lots of grandchildren to spoil also :D

HappyLea
August 15th, 2012, 03:20 PM
They look soooo adorable in those outfits, HappyLea!

Thanks Mocha x

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Happylea, your boys are precious! They are all gorgeous! I love their little outfits, too. That little Benjy seems like he is a funny guy--such a personality in that picture! Your newest little boy will fit right in with your other 3, I am sure, and will be just as gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your pictures.:)

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I am not sure what they do if the test is positive--Pinkin would know better, since she has been through this before. The whole thing really worries me! :nails:

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Hobb if your test is positive then you will be induced between 37 and 38 weeks because bubs can be at a higher risk towards full term. I know how you are feeling I am a total mess ATM. I have woken up so itchy again my palms are driving me nuts. I find if I eat food with no fat in it I am not as itchy. I made home made pizza last night with low fat cheese and cut all the fat off the bacon and I have woken up SO ITCHY! My d/h has been away all week he left sat and comes back friday night I just feel like I am going a bit nutty. There is nothing that can be done for me right at this point.

HappyLea I know what you mean about feeling like you have let everyone down because I feel the exact same way, I already have those vibes that no one really has an interest in me or the baby because its another boy. My mum has not much to do with me at all she doesnt even ask me how I am comment on my tummy growing she doesnt even really know my due date! And there she is going on about how I should have this baby and try pretty quick for another one using the cut off method because she knows woman it has worked for and I am like JUST SHUT UP!!!!! I havent even had him yet I hate that people can pretend like he is nothing , I want to enjoy him and I do and will love him and teach him things and then maybe think about another one. Gosh I just cant get over that I have a beautiful baby boy on his way and he deserves the best, Just because I cant dress him in pink doesnt mean he isnt here!
I havent even read over what I have typed I hope I make sense.. Sorry!

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 07:10 PM
pinkin, the Dr I saw yesterday didn't seem to think induction was totally necessary, which worries me! He said he would test me again to see if I am positive (the last test was negative), but that there wasn't much they did besides try to make me comfortable. I told him what I had read online, and he said induction wasn't really necessary unless there was some other complication....? I figured I will get tested in another 2 weeks and see, and then go from there. If he doesn't want to induce, I don't know what I will do?

I'm sorry your mom is so rude about your baby boy! He deserves to be loved and cherished just as much as any baby girl. Your mom is being really insensitive! I think you are so lucky to be having a baby boy!!

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 07:22 PM
hmmm Its such a hard one because when I was preg with ds1I didnt get this until id say 32 weeks and I just thought it was normal and didnt metion it until my 37th week app. I was induced at 38 weeks but at that stage my test results were not right my bile level was high and i am pretty sure my liver function test was not normal either I also had right side pain just under ribs. Just after giving birth I had a 700ml bleed which is another sign of icp so I had a fair few signs at the time I really should of told them earlier.
This time around I hope they will induce me at 38 weeks again which I am sure they will but I am seeing a different ob this time so I hope she wont let me go too long. My results were neg too gong back 3 weeks ago Id like to know what they are now, I dont see my ob until the 23rd so few more days to hold out.
Being this itchy is not normal, do you find it worse if you eat fatty food?

Mochagirl
August 15th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Pinkin - I'm sorry people aren't giving your little boy the attention he deserves. That happened with ds3 too - no one bothered to buy him clothes or anything since I already had lots, but it still would have been nice to have him celebrated a bit more.

And one of my biggest pet peeves is when people who know nothing about real swaying give you advice on how to get your girl. Like it's as easy as just having a cut-off and you're guaranteed your desired gender.

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM
yes she has NO idea! She makes me so angry. My mum has had boys and girls and does not realise that it can be hard work for some to get to experiecnce the opposite gender. She should be over the moon with another grandson anyway.... But I know she wants a granddaughter she has told me over and over , oh well my brother and his GF are due in march next year maybe they can give her a grand daughter.... Even if I did have a girl wouldnt change things with me and my mum so I dont really care

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Do any of you girls know any good web sites where I can buy nice baby boy clothes and blankets?

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 09:35 PM
My belly shot at 28 weeks 5 days.
Sorry if it is around wrong way I am shocking with computers and phones!!!

Hobbermittens
August 15th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Pinkin, you are tiny! You look great! I love Gymboree for baby clothes, but I am not sure they ship overseas (aren't you in the UK?).

I eat fatty crap all the time, so I don't know if that makes a difference in the itching, because I would have to eat non-fat food for a while and compare. It isn't a constant itch for me. It comes and goes. The thing that bothers me is that it is the palms of my hands, since that is a part of my body that doesn't usually itch, and it is a major ICP symptom. I hope you get your Dr. to induce you early!

pinkin2011
August 15th, 2012, 09:55 PM
yeah my itch is not there all the time either , I notice it more so in the morning when I wake up and at night time. I def find when I eat fatty food it is 100 times worse! I am going to put myself on a no junk food diet now because I cant handle it and I also feel so yuck in my tummy atm.
Thanks for the nice words about my pic but i feel awful. And just all round yuck ! My boobs are horrid my nipples are red brown and just plain ugly!!! winge winge glad d/h hasnt been here for the week because I dont want to be touched at all!!!!!

PeonyPrincess
August 16th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Pinkin you are teeny tiny! I am sure my tummy was that size at more like 12 weeks!! Mine is so big now that I worry what it will be like at the end. Sorry you are having such a crappy week. Between the itching that you and Hobber have, the rude comments just about everyone has had to listen to, Mocha's dad passing, and Auroara's re-do on her house, I think everyone is holding it together pretty darn well!
HappyLea, your photos are adorable. I am sure the professional photographer will have got some fantastic images with such gorgeous boys to work with.

Hobbermittens
August 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM
peony, how are you holding up? Is everyone well at your house? It seems like you had quite a run of sickness there for a while.

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Peony , Not teeny Tiny I am measuring ahead by 2 weeks!!!

Butterfly Spirit
August 16th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Peony , Not teeny Tiny I am measuring ahead by 2 weeks!!!

Well you sure carry your babies well! Have you thought of names yet Miss Pinkin?

Sorry I haven't been around much, I have been sick! blah!

PeonyPrincess
August 16th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Well Oliver may not be teeny tiny, but he is hiding away very well- you look fab Pinkin!

Hobber, bless you for asking. I have a rotten cough at the moment. It has been weird as I didn't first get a cold, just straight to a chesty cough for the past 3 days. Probably picked it up at DS2s child care or preschool- there are always plenty of kids coughing there. No doubt it will go away soon and thankfully everyone else is now healthy.

I am 27 weeks today, so finally entering the 3rd trimester that so many of you have been in for ages. Kind of a celebration...but I know what is ahead so will also miss the easiness of the 2nd trimester. I have booked a facial and pregnancy massage (finally found someone). I plan on treating myself to some pampering as, like all of us, we are always so busy looking after everyone else.

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM
thanks Peony!

ButterFly , we have picked Oliver

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 05:19 AM
If I was to measure myself with a tape how do I do it? do I do it from the top of my pubic bone ???

TTC5
August 16th, 2012, 05:26 AM
top of your pelvic bone to top of uterus :) it can be harder to do yourself though x

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 05:54 AM
I measured it and got 30.. Not sure if i did it right tho

dloui128
August 16th, 2012, 08:48 AM
OMG Pinkin you look fabulous!!! you are so tiny it is the cutest bump ever! I think I was that big the moment I peed on the stick :rofl: I am going to have to measure myself and see what I am, the dr never tells me just says I am measuring ahead

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks Dloui128.
Becasue you measure ahead were your prev babies big?

dloui128
August 16th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks Dloui128.
Becasue you measure ahead were your prev babies big?

Both my girls were just shy of 9lbs, I am assuming this little guy is going to be around the same if not bigger

Hobbermittens
August 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
9 lbs is a big baby. All mine have been 7 lbs. The biggest I had was 7lbs 11 oz. The other two were 7 lb 5 oz.

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Do you always measure on time hobb?
My first ds was 3180kg when he was born, They never really even measured me when I was preg with him.

Mochagirl
August 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
If it weren't for the moms of the world what would happen after a kid poops in the tub? DH was ready to call in a Hazmat team tonight and has now vowed never to take a bath in there again. Meanwhile I was in there fishing out the poop with my bare hands then scrubbing the tub and all the toys with bleach afterwards. I guess little grosses me out since I'm used to swishing poopy cloth diapers in the toilet then wringing them out :rofl:.

Hobbermittens
August 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I usually measure correctly from what I remember. How many kg was your son, pinkin? I tried to do the conversion to pounds but it was something like 7000. I must have done it wrong! :rofl:

pinkin2011
August 16th, 2012, 07:57 PM
ha ha oh geeze no!!!
he was 3.180kg so just over 3 kg

laughinglynxie
August 16th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Awww, Pinkin, your tummy is so cute. :) My super-short waist at 31 weeks is entirely filled out and looking uncomfortable, even to other people! I'm to the point now where I don't want to bend over to pick things up and I just grab stuff off the floor with my toes. LOL. I'm still wearing my yoga pants pretty much every day!

OH! And nursing bra update - I am in LOVE with the Bravado line. I have the Body Silk Seamless and the Allure underwire and they are both feeling great. I know I'll have to go up to the F/G in the underwire once my milk actually comes in, though... :P

pinkin2011
August 17th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Hobb, I found this site its really good.
Guide to Diagnosis (http://www.icpcare.org/guide-to-diagnosis.html)

TTC5
August 17th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Well has my scan today and yep he's a whopper!! 6pd 10oz at JUST 34 weeks!!

Mochagirl
August 17th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Wow, TTC5 - you've got a big boy in there!

Butterfly Spirit
August 17th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Well has my scan today and yep he's a whopper!! 6pd 10oz at JUST 34 weeks!!

Well I hope you have him soon! If you are okay with that! ;) LOL

PeonyPrincess
August 17th, 2012, 07:36 AM
My boys were 6lb 13 and 6lb 14 at 38 weeks when I had them, but I was told DS2 was going to be much bigger than he was based on the scan I had done to check his size. I was told the scan was not that accurate at measuring how big they are going to be? Did they say that there is a big margin either side of their guess TTC5 (ie he could be smaller than that or bigger?) Or has technology changed now? DS2 will be 5 in Dec so it is going back a bit.

auroara78
August 17th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mocha, lol @ hazmat team comment. Yeah, sometimes DHs can be so wimpy about messes!

TTC5, he's going to be so big and strong!! I still think you'll go first out of all of us prob!!

Well, Weds night and thurs am my braxton hicks contractions were starting to "appear" regular, and the baby seemed so restless that I was in so much pain I had to call out from work on thurs and go see my doctor. I didn't really think I was in labor, but I wanted to get looked at. My OB is on vacation this week, so I saw a diff dr in the practice, and the lady really blew me off! I was also experiencing bowel issues and nausea issues, and she very bluntly said, "did you come here just to see if you're in labor?" and I like, "umm I think it's just braxton hicks, but yeah I'd like some kind of reassurance." She checks me, and says my cervix is really closed and is in the middle of nowhere, and then acted like I ws like some of hypochrondic! I've never rushed to the OB like that before, it's jsut I was in so much pain and the pain was coming every 10 mins for a while there, and it freaked me out.....

She's head down I think and it's very uncomfortable...I am just so ready to meet her...part of it is anxiousness to hold her in my arms, and the other part is just to have relief from the discomfort of being so big. I know the month will fly by before we know it, or I hope so....

well the kitchen is done, and ulility room is put together again. Just gotta get appliance guy out today to fix the ice maker that ws broken, and unpack the boxes from the kitchen. It was so funny--yesterday I was too sore and in too much pain to let the nesting begin, and it was all I kept dreaming about for weeks!

auroara78
August 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM
OK here is a pic of the bump at 35 weeks 4 days!

dloui128
August 17th, 2012, 10:50 AM
love your baby bump auroara, you look great for 35 weeks :)

Mochagirl
August 17th, 2012, 12:10 PM
auroara - you look great!

Sorry the doctor treated you so badly. I've been having lots of contractions too, and there've been a few times I've wondered if I might go into early labour. I never had painful contractions before actual labour in the past, so this is all new territory for me. I'd hate to think that if I went in to get it checked out they'd treat me like an idiot.

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Mocha, my husband would never fish a poop out of the tub! DD2 is a tub pooper--she has done it several times. I am always the one who cleans it up :sigh:

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the link, pinkin! I also redid the conversion for your son's birth weight--6.6 lbs. Much better than 7000!

TTC5, your baby is big for 34 weeks~ that's good if you go early!

Lynxie, I will have to check out the bras. I am still wearing the one I have and it is shredding! I need a new one ASAP.

Auroara, you look super cute! Not much longer now! I can't believe the Dr. blew you off--what a witch. You should be taken seriously! What if you WERE in labor? Glad your house is put back together. Enjoy nesting when you feel up to it!

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2012, 04:57 PM
I am feeling overwhelmed. My house is a ridiculous mess, and I can't barely clean it because I can't bend over or anything. I feel like I am getting more and more behind every day. I can't even maintain a level of any kind of clean because the kids (well, mainly DD2) just undoes everything I do. It is so frustrating!

Mochagirl
August 17th, 2012, 05:11 PM
I hear you on the frustration with a messy house, hobber! I spent an entire day cleaning our entire main floor top to bottom in a nesting fury 3 days ago, and now you'd never know I did anything now - the place is a total wreck again. I get most frustrated by the toys all over the floor and under the furniture - I don't think anyone in the house, including dh, understand how hard it is for me to bend over to pick up little toys at almost 36 weeks pregnant.

Hobbermittens
August 17th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I get most frustrated by the toys all over the floor and under the furniture - I don't think anyone in the house, including dh, understand how hard it is for me to bend over to pick up little toys at almost 36 weeks pregnant.
I know! My kids and DH will do a floor pick up for me before I sweep or vacuum, but I always have to ask first (and usually nag) before it gets done. My kids leave everything all over the floor: right now my living room and hallway are littered with
dirty laundry, toys, shoes, and books. I am on the verge of just throwing everything away!

TTC5
August 17th, 2012, 09:08 PM
My boys were 6lb 13 and 6lb 14 at 38 weeks when I had them, but I was told DS2 was going to be much bigger than he was based on the scan I had done to check his size. I was told the scan was not that accurate at measuring how big they are going to be? Did they say that there is a big margin either side of their guess TTC5 (ie he could be smaller than that or bigger?) Or has technology changed now? DS2 will be 5 in Dec so it is going back a bit.

He has measured ahead at every scan since 12 weeks x

TTC5
August 17th, 2012, 09:11 PM
They won't stop labour now, he was using his lungs nicely too :)

Hobbermittens
August 18th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Have any of you had the stomach flu late in pregnancy? How awful was it? My DD1 just went to a birthday party where a kid threw up, so I am just prepping myself for the worst case scenario in case she brings the germs home.... I had the stomach flu in my first trimester once, but I can only assume it is more horrible when you can barely run to the bathroom!

TTC5
August 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Hope your DD is ok! Maybe she over ate??

Hobbermittens
August 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM
TTC5, my DD didn't throw up, another kid at the party did--I am just afraid if it is catching, that she will bring it home to all of us. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

laughinglynxie
August 18th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Yikes, I hope your family stays healthy! I have had a head cold for about two weeks now (still getting rid of the phlegm part) and I gotta say that all of the coughing and sneezing is nooooo fun. I've been wearing a panty liner every day since there's just no way to control the bladder right now, haha.

Mochagirl
August 18th, 2012, 11:31 PM
36 weeks today, ladies! I think this warrants a true belly shot, stretch marks and all :bigsmile:

TTC5
August 19th, 2012, 06:18 AM
H - FX it isn't a bug!

Mocha gorgeous tummy!!!

AFM: Starting losing some plug tonight.

Mochagirl
August 19th, 2012, 07:11 AM
You're losing plug, TTC?? Do you feel like your baby is coming very soon?

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Mocha, what a cute little belly! I was that big 3 months ago! I am envious. Plus, I see no stretch marks!

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 11:14 AM
TTC5, how long after losing your plug with your others did labor start? I only lost my plug--or noticed that I lost it--during labor with DD1.

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 11:26 AM
This baby is making me really uncomfortable. It must be laying with it's back out and face, etc inward, because all the kicks and punches and stretches (it stretches ALL THE TIME) are going into my guts. It is so unpleasant! It seems to be head down, because I feel stuff really low, too.

pinkin2011
August 19th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Mocha you look fantastic! Gosh not long for you now I bet your soooo excited!!

My baby didnt move much yesterday its gone from being a real big mover to hardly anything, Yesterday I just didnt feel right and very uncomfortable and crampy like period pain cramps sort of and he didnt move a real lot, today my tummy feels better but he is still very quiet he is moving but way less then what he usually does. I am a bit worried.

Mochagirl
August 19th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Sorry your baby's making you nervous, pinkin. Maybe drink a big glass of oj then lie down on your side and focus on feeling movement. I think you're supposed to feel 10 movements within 2 hours. Maybe you could give your doc a call if you're still worried.

pinkin2011
August 19th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I have this over powering addiction to eucalyptus drops I had the same thing with ds1... Anyway I just ate 3 about 5 mins ago and now he has hiccups so i guess thats good he is moving but so much more mild then he has been. I will give it until this afternoon and see what hes up to by then

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Pinkin, my baby had a quiet day last week, and it scared me, too. It took a day and then it was back to normal. I hope your baby is just having a few off days. Call your Dr if you are worried, though!

TTC5
August 19th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I only saw my plug with DD3 and she came a week after. But then I have heard it can re build back up if labour does not start so guess it doesn't mean too much hey???

PeonyPrincess
August 19th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Good point about measuring ahead from early on TTC5. Very exciting that it sounds like your boy will be arriving soon.
Mocha and Auroara, I love your belly pics. They are just gorgeous.
DS2 asked me yesterday where the baby will come out! He thought it would just burst through my tummy, and then when I said that isn't what happens, he kept asking. I told him it comes out my vg and he lifted my skirt, pointed down there and said 'from there?' I said yes, and he laughed!! Cheeky monster.
Pinkin, I hope Oliver was just being a little quiet and picks up today. Let us know how you go.
Lynxie, I have had a cough for 4 or 5 days. It ends up giving me a stitch. Not fun huh. And every now and then my pelvic floor muscles let me down too! Oh the joys.

TTC5
August 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
LOL PP!!

My little two keep asking me when baby brother is coming too. I keep telling them noone knows LOL

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Peony, when I was pregnant with DD2, my DD1 (5 at the time) asked how the baby got in there. So I told her the truth. She said, "Gross!" And never brought it up again. So then a few weeks ago, she (now 8) and DS (5) asked again! DD1 had no memory of me telling her all of this 3 years ago. She seemed so horrified at the time, I thought she would have remembered!

Hobbermittens
August 19th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Someone at work told me she thought I'm having a girl. Almost everyone else has guessed boy, aside from this girl and I think one or two others. Of course it made my heart sink, but I think she is probably right. :(

TTC5
August 20th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Big hugs H x x

auroara78
August 20th, 2012, 10:15 AM
Ah Hobbers...I can't wait till you meet your little man and he sets your mind at ease!!! He's going to be adorable!!

Well, most of our house is finished now, so we were unpacking the tower of boxes in the dining room. DH ran out of steam though and we still got to unpack laundry room and 1/2 bath stuff, but at least we got the kitchen stuff out! I was so excited about having the kitchen back that I made a slower cooker thing with red beans, audolle susage, shallots, and chicken broth, and am going to serve it over brown rice. It smelled fantastic this morning and can't wait to go home to eat some! A home cooked meal at last! And DH broiled steaks last night and we had mashed potatoes, so we've definitely been enjoying having our kitchen back!

I changed my avatar pic once again (this is like the 3rd one in like two weeks, lol) and it's of both my boys in the bath...I don't see a willy from either one of them, so hopefully I won't offend anyone with the pic...I just thoguht it was so cute that DS1 sponteously hugged DS2....they are the loves of my life :awe:

Hobbermittens
August 20th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Auroara, that picture is super cute! :) Your boys are adorable!! Glad you got our kitchen back. That crock pot meal sounds delicious--if it wasn't so hot here, I might try to make it. I'll have to ask you for the recipe when the weather cools off. I am going to be using the slow cooker a lot once the baby comes--it makes life so much easier!

I had some contractions in the middle of the night that woke me up. They went away, but it freaked me out! This baby had better stay put at least until September!

Mochagirl
August 20th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Yay for having your kitchen back, auroara!

Love the pic of your boys!

HappyLea
August 20th, 2012, 01:23 PM
loving the bump pics ladies :D

Glad you got your kitchen back auroa, cute pic of your boys also.

Hobbers hope your lil one stays put for longer.

I have been mega busy recently and haven't had chance to be on here, sister got her house last week and i been helping decorate all week. My nan gets the keys for her bungalow tomoz and she has to be in by Monday so i will be decorating again this week. I swear if i see another tin of paint or roll of wallpaper again soon after this week i will cry.

We did manage a wonderful day out last week with DH and the boys to Knowsley safari park, was a great day...we had so much fun and lots of laughs.
I have my growth scan at 8.45am tomorrow and will also see the specialist, sure she will tell me off as i missed my GTT test last week (i told them i didnt want it, but the booked it anyways) I cant cope with having my blood taken twice in one day :(
Cant wait to see my lil man again, hopefully he is growing well :D

Mochagirl
August 20th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Good luck with your scan tomorrow, HappyLea! Post some pictures of your little guy if you can!

Hobbermittens
August 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Good luck tomorrow Happylea!

auroara78
August 21st, 2012, 09:01 AM
Happylea hope the scan goes well! and I agree, we'd love to see some pics of little man if you get any!! Also, I thought I said this already, but I may not have, but the pics of your boys at the wedding were sooo cute and funny! Your boys are truly so precious!

Yesterday, DS2 was having a bad day with hubs (getting into everything, driving hubs crazy), so I tried really hard to give him special attention last nite, and I think we really bonded last nite :heart: He is such a curious, crazy baby...wants to know what everything is!! He helped make cookies last nite too...DS1 was measuring out the ingredients with my help and DS2 got to mix the flour and baking soda together...he was actually really careful for only being a little under 16 months old, and he really seemed to enjoy/appreciate being included in the process....him and DS1 loved the cookies too! They were dark choc chip with hazelnut..mmmm hmm....yes I am so loving having my kitchen back, I guess you don't know what you got till it's gone sometimes, lol...

Mocha, I saw on FB you had a little shower? did you get any cute and awesome things?

Mochagirl
August 21st, 2012, 09:31 AM
My friends did indeed throw me a little shower, but it wasn't really a present-filled one, and only a few friends came (I have different groups of friends who don't really know each other, and some of whom live in different cities, so this was just a party thrown by the girls I normally go out to have dinner/see movies with.

One friend - the one I am closest to in the group - gave me a hand-knit pink cardigan she bought at the museum where she works. She said she's had her eye on it since I told her we were going to try again for a girl, and she had them put it away for me just in case. I thought that was very sweet.

The others chipped in for a $100 Visa gift card. They said it was for us to order take-out after the baby's born, though with a family of (eek!) 6, $100 won't go very far for take-out food. I might quietly use it for baby gear instead - it would just about cover a Moses basket and stand at BRU.

It was a bit of a weird shower, actually, because someone I'm not that close with beat my BFF to the punch to throw the party, so it wasn't really my style (she's been away for a whole year and doesn't know me all that well). It was a 'tea social' - everyone brought a mug and everyone got to go home with a mug. We spent the rest of the night crafting - making a mobile out of scrapbooking supplies. I did have fun in the end, but as I said it really wasn't my style, and a crafter I am not. I'm not really the elegant, traditional shower type. I would have preferred a rowdy dinner out with the girls full of crass conversation :bigsmile:.

auroara78
August 21st, 2012, 09:40 AM
haha love it!!

you would have loved my shower...it was very LOUD and rowdy! :bigsmile: the men were supposed to stay banished to the basement but infiltrated the shower and played the baby games with us, and made the games naughty! LOL it was a great time, but it definitely was not a tradititonal shower at all...everyone was talking non stop, cracking jokes, they had a measuring game there and almost all of the men thought I was going to be like 75 inches around? WTH? hehe, I ended up being 49 and my husband had guessed 50.5 but he went "over" so the girl who wrote 48 inches won the prize. We also had a song game where you had to sing a line from any song that had the word "baby" in it...I sung an off-beat line of "Santa Baby" and it was hilarous! My cousin sung a line from Britney Spear's first song, "hit me baby one more time?" (is that what it's called? no clue, lol.) but it was funny watching everyone try to sing and make fools of themselves.

I still think it is awesome that you had a get together to celebrate the baby, and hey a free 100 bucks is always nice..I agree, I'd use it on something for the baby since food is so expesnive anyway! You'd remember the 100 dollar gift card better if you spent it on something useful!

Mochagirl
August 21st, 2012, 11:57 AM
Grrrr. It happened again! Today I was herding all 3 boys through the very crowded farmer's market when these two ladies who had been standing still and surveying us suddenly said "We REALLY hope this next one is a girl!!". I just gave them a very fake and unfriendly smile and said 'Boys are wonderful!' then continued on my way. Why can't people mind their own damn business! I'm used to the stares - we get them everywhere we go with so many young children - it's the unsolicited comments that drive me nuts!

HappyLea
August 21st, 2012, 03:09 PM
Evening ladies, well had my scan today and unfortunately due to Charlie's position we were unable to get any pics. Everytime i have scan this lil man just doesnt want to co-operate :( he is laid transverse with his feet back over his head. She got the measurements and he is growing well, they estimated him to be around 1366g.

The doctor tried very hard to talk me out of a homebirth which was so annoying, my specialist came in said i looked great and as i have only lost few pounds in pregnancy with my gastric band and not gained she is happy. Babies weight is healthy so she has no issues with me having a homebirth....the doctor was not impressed and her face was a picture. The doctor was a pain, talking to me like i didnt know what to expect in pregnancy/labour....i had to bite my tongue with her! Surely with my 4th i know what to expect.

Mocha sorry you had to hear silly comment, why cant people just keep their mouths shut if they have nothing constructive to say?! GRRRR!!!

Ooooh like hearing about baby showers, i have never had one with any of my boys but my sister says she wants to throw me one this time...nothing too big just a little one with close family/friends. She says she has some games to play. I dont expect to be showered with gift but a nice girly night will be great :D

Hobbermittens
August 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
Happylea, Glad baby Charlie is measuring well! I hope you get to have a home birth. It sounds like you are ready for one, and if your specalist is approving it, then will you get to do it?

Mocha, that was nice of your friends to throw you a shower, even though it sounds like it wasn't really your style. Getting together with friends to celebrate the baby is always fun, and that gift card sounds like it will really come in handy! As far as the shitty comments at the farmer's market, you handled it well. Why can't people just keep their comments to themselves? I have been getting a lot of comments lately from my inlaws about how the baby NEEDS to be a boy so DS isn't the only boy in the family. They keep sending me lists of boys names (none of which I like). It is making me crazy. I hateto see what crap they say if this baby comes out a girl like I think it will.

Auroara, I love that your boys cook with you, and that DS2 is already helping out! How fun. Good thing you got your kitchen back! Also, you shower sounds like fun. I wish someone had thrown one for me this time! I could have really used a bunch of diapers.

pinkin2011
August 21st, 2012, 06:50 PM
Hobb, How is your itch going?
Mine is real bad atm I see my ob tomorrow

Mochagirl
August 21st, 2012, 07:05 PM
Glad your scan went well, HappyLea, but sorry you didn't get any pictures! You've had bad luck with your scans, haven't you?

Yeah, it definitely was nice of my friends to throw me that shower. I may even head out to BRU tonight to look at Moses baskets.

Speaking of which, I'm having trouble deciding on a car seat - the one all my boys used is expired now, and my Mom has offered to buy us a new one as a gift to the baby. The selection here in Canada is waaaay less than in the U.S. I have always used the Graco SnugRide, and figured I'd just get that again, but since this is definitely our last baby I was hoping to find one that was at least a little girly. Turns out girly infant car seats are REALLY hard to find. Graco has ONE model available here - the Minnie Mouse one. I like the colours but I'm not fond of the fussy flowers all over it and I also don't like the Disney branding of it (and the picture of Minnie Mouse that appears on the inside).

Graco SnugRide 30 Infant Car Seat - Minnie Mouse - Graco - Babies"R"Us (http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=12296273)

My other choice is the Maxi Cosi Mico, which comes in a lovely pink colour. But is it TOO pink? Also, I have no experience with Maxi Cosi, but have heard mixed reviews about the ease of use of the seat. Anyone have an opinion on this one?

Maxi Cosi Mico 2012 Infant Car Seat in Lily Pink - 22381CLYP (http://www.lussobaby.ca/Maxi-Cosi-Micro-Infant-Car-Seat-Lily-Pink-22377CLYP.htm)

My other option is to just go neutral and get a Graco Snugride in silver or black. One thing to keep in mind is that I have a Baby Jogger City Mini stroller in Green that I'll be using the car seat with sometimes. Is it going to look REALLY strange if I use it with a bright pink seat? A new stroller isn't in my budget...

pinkin2011
August 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Mocha , A friend of mine has the maxi cosi and she swears by it!

Hobbermittens
August 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM
Hobb, How is your itch going?
Mine is real bad atm I see my ob tomorrow

Hands and feet are the worst, which is what concerns me. I will get tested next week when I go to the Dr. Keep me posted on what your Dr. says tomorrow!

pinkin2011
August 21st, 2012, 07:44 PM
I will, Is it your palms and soles of feet?

Mochagirl
August 21st, 2012, 10:15 PM
I made a trip out to BRU tonight to check out car seats. They don't carry the pink Maxi Cosi there, but I played with the red one and decided I really prefer that style of seat to the Graco Snugride. It just felt nicer - the fabric was softer, and it looked a little more elegant.

So...should I get that pink one, or a more subtle colour? This one is listed as 'lapis blue' but it looks purple in the pictures:

Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat - Lapis Blue - Maxi-Cosi - Babies"R"Us (http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11892153)

It might not clash quite as much with the green stroller. I wish I could see it in person though - if it's navy I would rather get the pink, but if it's purple I think I might actually prefer it to the pink.

pinkin2011
August 21st, 2012, 10:24 PM
it does look purple. I actually like purple but when I saw the pic of the pink one I really liked it

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
I will, Is it your palms and soles of feet?

Yes. Also I get itchy other places, but I never usually itch on my palms or my feet, so that makes me worry.

pinkin2011
August 22nd, 2012, 12:43 AM
yeah me too, I find my arms , Legas and my back are itchy aswell

auroara78
August 22nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Mocha,

I really like the purple-ish looking one! I wonder if it's really that pretty and dark purple in RL? I also thought the pink one was alright, but it was very, very pink! Which could be cool to celebrate that she's a girl, but I just dunno....

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 22nd, 2012, 11:04 AM
I made a trip out to BRU tonight to check out car seats. They don't carry the pink Maxi Cosi there, but I played with the red one and decided I really prefer that style of seat to the Graco Snugride. It just felt nicer - the fabric was softer, and it looked a little more elegant.

So...should I get that pink one, or a more subtle colour? This one is listed as 'lapis blue' but it looks purple in the pictures:

Maxi-Cosi Mico Infant Car Seat - Lapis Blue - Maxi-Cosi - Babies"R"Us (http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=11892153)

It might not clash quite as much with the green stroller. I wish I could see it in person though - if it's navy I would rather get the pink, but if it's purple I think I might actually prefer it to the pink.

Mocha, my friend had this carseat in black and she loved it. The only downside was it only goes up to 22lbs. Her son was out of it at 6 months before he could sit up on his own. When she would bring him in the house she'd have to put him in his high chair to bring in groceries. She wished she got the carseats that went up to 30 or 35 lbs. Just wanted to let you know in case you didn't.

laughinglynxie
August 22nd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mocha, that's so weird about not finding girly ones where you are! I feel like I get overwhelmed by girl choices here in Minnesota. Maybe if you did have to settle for a neutral one, you could get a cute carseat cover for it? And then if you have a friend that needs a carseat after you are done with it, you can sell it? I know you can't donate them because of the whole "in case it's been in an accident" thing... but I got an extra base from a friend and it really helped me out!

Mochagirl
August 22nd, 2012, 02:49 PM
Thanks for all the advice, ladies.

I was aware it only went to 22lbs, but my kids tend to be on the small side and don't hit that weight until a year or so. Besides, by the time they're that weight I don't really enjoy lugging them around in a car seat anyway. At that point I think I'd be happy to put her rear-facing in a convertible seat.

laughinglynxie - I'm lucky because our local twin club accepts used car seats at their bi-annual used clothing and equipment sale! Most Moms sells theirs for $50-60, and they go fast - especially a nice one like this one with only one year of use. I might even be able to ask $75!

Auroara - just by chance I bumped into a dad at the mall today who had the car seat in that purple colour! I think he thought I was insane - I went up to him and started rattling on about how happy I was to have bumped into him because I was thinking of buying that same exact car seat. Anyway, it definitely looks the same pretty deep purple colour in person. Not only that, but the embroidered decoration on it is pink! He had a little boy in it, but I think it definitely looks girly enough for me. Besides, I was starting to worry that with all the pink accessories I'm likely to have (a pink Bundle Me, blankets and jacket) there might just be too much pink. I'm definitely leaning towards the purple one now.

I guess I'd better decide, though! I need to order it online and have it shipped - and a car seat is one thing I definitely need to have before I go into labour - especially if I want to be able to go home from the hospital 2 hours after birth like I did last time. Sadie has started to run out of room inside me and is punishing me by jabbing all my internal organs all the time. It HURTS! A few times she's head-butted my cervix so hard I thought she was going to pop right out. Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if she's going to stay put another whole 3.5 weeks...

laughinglynxie
August 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Mocha, that's awesome! I'd say go for that cute purple-y one, then. :D I like that one a lot.

I had a ton of braxton hicks last night and was starting to wonder if there was an issue...but then once I figured I should time them, they stopped being so frequent, haha. It ended up being a good thing, though, because it encouraged baby to get into pretty much optimal birthing position. THANK GOODNESS. I was starting to think that this one was going to be stuck facing completely to my left until the end.

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mocha! You went home from the hospital 2 HOURS after birth last time? You must be super woman! No way would I want to do that. I have stayed 48 hours in the hospital all 3 times! Last time I wanted to go home after 24 hrs, but DD2 had jaudice, so we had to stay another day. Honestly, I don't even know if you COULD leave the hospital that quickly here? I mean they couldn't stop you, I guess, but I bet you'd have to sign paperwork saying you were leaving AMA or something. Not sure--I have never known anyone who has tried.

I can't believe Sadie will be here in 3.5 weeks? That is crazy!

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 05:43 PM
Lynxie, the same thing happened to me the other night. It worried me, but it hasn't happened since. So your girl has been laying on your right side? Why is being on the left better for labor? And do all babies eventually move to the left side?

pinkin2011
August 22nd, 2012, 05:48 PM
Over here If you are having second , third babies or whichever you can choose to leave when ever you like as long as you are both healthy. My cousins wife went home only a few hrs after giving birth. I think i would rather stay 24 hrs to make sure all is fine...

Oh and I am going!!!!!!!!!!CRAZY!!!!!!!!! with this itch I cant cope.

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Pinkin, what did the Dr say today?

pinkin2011
August 22nd, 2012, 06:06 PM
I dont see her until this arvo!! I am struggling to eat because i find anything with just a tad of fat in it is making it worse

Mochagirl
August 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
pinkin (and hobber) - I'm so sorry the itch is driving you crazy. It sounds awful!

Here, if you use a midwife, have no medical interventions (including epidural) and have no complications, you can leave pretty much as soon as you're cleaned up after a birth. I was never even officially admitted into the hospital. This was ideal for me. With my twins' birth I had almost every medical intervention imaginable (including a c-section), and ended up having to stay in the hospital a week. I was cleared to leave after a few days, but by then my boys had started to lose a bit of weight so they made me stay (this makes me so mad - ALL babies lose weight before your milk comes in). Midwives understand that - they let you go home but come to your house for daily visits for the first few days at home to make sure both baby and mom are doing well.

Of course, the only way I can make it work with 3 kids at home is if my Mom can come and stay with us to help out with the kids (which she's planning on). Last time my midwife left me with bedrest orders - she said I was only to climb the stairs once a day - to go to bed, and the rest of the time I should be lying on the sofa.

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Pinkin, I am sorry you are suffering so much! Mine is manageable, just worrysome.

Mocha, I actually really enjoy being in the hospital--it is the closest I get to a vacation! How sad is that? I love being able to watch TV (we don't get any TV shows at home--no cable and no antenna--we just ****** stuff) and getting to call for room service, etc. Plus I want to make sure the baby is okay and all that before going home. Out of my 3 births, only DD1 was uneventful enough that I probably could have gone home early (if they allowed it), but since she was my first, I stayed in the hospital as long as possible! With my DS, I hemorrhaged and lost a ton of blood, so I had to stay 48 hours. And then DD2 had jaunice and had to spend 24 hrs under the lights.

Anyway, I hope your mom can come help you so you can go home early like you want to!

laughinglynxie
August 22nd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hobber, yep, baby (haha, I still can't say girl since I never saw the parts firsthand) has been laying with back/butt to my right side for a long time. I read on the Spinning Babies website that baby's back more to the left side is most ideal. From what I know, most babies turn during labor naturally anyway! I never worried with my first, I'm such a nerd. :D I just keep thinking that since my first labor was so easy, I'm bound to have a terrible labor this time! I'm preparing myself for the worst and having to throw all of my birth plan out of the window.

Mochagirl
August 22nd, 2012, 06:38 PM
Ugh. I HATE hospitals and want to spend as little time there as possible. If I wasn't a VBAC, I think I'd consider a homebirth so I could avoid it altogether. When I was there after my twins were born, I found it so frustrating. A new nurse on every 12 hours - all with completely different (and contradictory) advice on how to care for and nurse my kids. I didn't like the total invasion of privacy. As soon as one of my babies started crying, a nurse would be there - it didn't give me a chance to figure out how to settle my babies on my own like I'd have to do once I was home. I also didn't like how they kept trying to take the babies away from me so I could rest. There was NO WAY I was letting them out of my sight for even one second - sleep be damned!

I know lots of women see that time as a break, though - so all the power to you, hobber!

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 08:23 PM
Ugh. I HATE hospitals and want to spend as little time there as possible. If I wasn't a VBAC, I think I'd consider a homebirth so I could avoid it altogether. When I was there after my twins were born, I found it so frustrating. A new nurse on every 12 hours - all with completely different (and contradictory) advice on how to care for and nurse my kids. I didn't like the total invasion of privacy. As soon as one of my babies started crying, a nurse would be there - it didn't give me a chance to figure out how to settle my babies on my own like I'd have to do once I was home. I also didn't like how they kept trying to take the babies away from me so I could rest. There was NO WAY I was letting them out of my sight for even one second - sleep be damned!

I know lots of women see that time as a break, though - so all the power to you, hobber!

I can see how you would feel annoyed by that. I guess I don't love that they come in at all hours to check vitals, etc., but all in all, I enjoy my time there. I basically grew up in/around hospitals and Dr's offices, because my dad is a doctor, so I guess that's one reason I don't mind being there. When I was little, my mom would sometimes drop me off at the ER when my dad was working, so she could run errands, and I would hang out at the nurses station and draw pictures.

Hobbermittens
August 22nd, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hobber, yep, baby (haha, I still can't say girl since I never saw the parts firsthand) has been laying with back/butt to my right side for a long time. I read on the Spinning Babies website that baby's back more to the left side is most ideal. From what I know, most babies turn during labor naturally anyway! I never worried with my first, I'm such a nerd. :D I just keep thinking that since my first labor was so easy, I'm bound to have a terrible labor this time! I'm preparing myself for the worst and having to throw all of my birth plan out of the window.

Interesting! So does the "girl/left, boy/right" thing apply this late in pregnancy? Just wondering. I am sure yours is a girl! I am just curious about that whole theory, if babies are supposed to be on the left.

pinkin2011
August 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
Hobb my baby boys back is on my right and legs on left. same with ds1

pinkin2011
August 23rd, 2012, 03:20 AM
Went to my ob app. My bile salt level was up a bit going back 3 weeks ago. I am going for another liver test in the morning and I am sure my test will be higher. My ob said I will be induced early.

I am measuring 3 weeks ahead!!!!! I said what does this mean If i am measuring big, she said it can be off because bubs was tilted my stomach was higher on my right side so will see I guess if he is HUGE!

Peony how come they thought your ds2 was going to be big? Was your fundel height off?

TTC5
August 23rd, 2012, 06:48 AM
Pinkin don't worry too much about fundal height, you need a scan for a more accurate estimate :)

Having contractions every 15-20 minutes ladies... see what happens tonight.

Mochagirl
August 23rd, 2012, 07:05 AM
Pinkin - my fundal height measured a whole month BEHIND, and by my u/s baby is measuring 1-2 weeks AHEAD, and is in the 75th percentile for size. Fundal height can be very inaccurate.

PeonyPrincess
August 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Wow TTC5, this could be it! Hope you are able to get some rest while you wait and see. All the best.

Pinkin, my OB did scans every time I saw him with the boys and he kept an eye on size with DS2 as DS1 had got a bit stuck coming out (even though he was only 6lb 13oz) so he didn't want me to try and have a big baby. He sent me to someone who specialised in u/s to get their opinion on DS2s size towards the end and it estimated he was going to be well over 8lbs, so he induced me at 38 weeks...and then he was only 6lb 14oz. It was a much easier delivery though, which I mostly put down to having done it before. This time around the current plan is to just let things happen when they are ready. But if I get to 40 weeks I will be induced.

Did the OB offer any more suggestions on helping the itcing Pinkin? I'm not surprised it's driving you mad.

I've jumped on every now and then to try and keep up with how everyone is going, but been busy so not posting much lately.

auroara78
August 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Hobbers, I am much more like you about the hospital stuff...it's like a vacation! hahah! With DS2, I treasured that time with just me and him, and well, I enjoyed being pampered too, because I don't get that much at home! So now that I have accepted that I'm going to have my 3rd c-section, I am looking forward to the perks of that: 3 days in the hospital, with visitors, relaxation and bonding time with baby girl. Hubby will bring DS's surely every day to visit, and I want them to bond with her too but I really think it's going to be nice having those first few days of just me and her getting to know each other.

The big reason I wanted a VBAC this time is that I felt if I didn't I would be denied something that I had to do...that giving birth was a rite of passage I somehow missed out on...once I dealt with those feelings that I don't have to be a superwoman, I realized that I was looking forward to the hospital stay and that the c-sections themselves never really bothered me and I always heal well with them.

The date we have set for the c-section is prob. going to be the 12th of September...I wonder if Mocha's Sadie will come before then!! I've felt that I'll be lucky to get there because Lillian seems so restless in my womb lately, and like she wants to come out....I was so miserable last nite trying to sleep in bed, I had to move to the couch because of heartburn and also a lot of hip pain, being on the couch, (the recliner) seemed to relieve some of the pressure.

Pinkin, I hope the itching does get better...sounds like you will prob def. have your baby boy early!

Mochagirl
August 23rd, 2012, 02:14 PM
auroara - I'll be really curious to see if Sadie comes before Lillian too! Even though I feel like she's restless and really wouldn't mind if she came early I have a gut feeling she'll come right around her due date. DS3 came the day before his due date, and all my Mom's babies came late. In a sense, it would be easier if she came after the 14th, because that's the date I told my Mom to come stay with us. She'll come earlier if the baby comes earlier, of course, but it takes her 4 hours to drive here, and that's only if she can leave right away (I would never want her making the drive in the middle of the night), so if I go into labour before she arrives on the 14th, I'll likely end up at the hospital by myself while dh stays home with the kids. If I go into labour on the 14th or later, my Mom will already be here, so dh and I can just go to the hospital together regardless of what time it is.

HappyLea
August 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
hi ladies, just a quickie to let you know TTC5 is in labour. I just seen it on facebook, she has just been moved to delivery suite.

Wish you lots of luck TTC5 your gonna meet your little man very soon...exciting. Cant wait to see some pics xxx

pinkin2011
August 23rd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Wow Cant wait to hear the news TTC5!!! How exciting!

My ob said she was going to look up the icp and see if there is anything else I can do. This morning it woke me up at 4am I have been up since just scratching!!!

Hobbermittens
August 23rd, 2012, 05:34 PM
Wow, TTC5! That is so exciting! My son's birthday is tomorrow (the 24th) and I think you are ahead a day in Australia, so I bet your little fella will be born that day too!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!!

Hobbermittens
August 23rd, 2012, 05:44 PM
Pinkin, how high were your bile levels? Still "normal", or not? I know you said they had risen, but were they still in the normal range? How soon will they induce you? I am going to get tested again next week and see what my Dr. says.

Peony, I bet your baby won't get too big if your last one was only 6 lbs. I hope you get to go naturally and don't have to be induced.

Mocha, I am worried about having to go to the hospital alone, too. My family is all planning to come around the due date, and I am worried I will go early and have to be in labor without DH there. I guess I really only need him there for the pushing part. I just hope it doesn't come to that. What will you do if your DH isn't there for the whole thing? Are you okay giving birth without him there?

Auroara, Please don't feel like you are lacking in something because you haven't had the opportunity to push a baby out your hoo-ha. Seriously, it isn't that great of an experience! I wouldn't have minded having C-sections. Labor pretty much sucks!

pinkin2011
August 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
They were just above normal range which does not suprise me because I knew the symptoms and they were only mild going back 3 weeks ago compared to now, I just cant cope with this anymore I feel like I am going a bit insane.
I am heading out in half an hr to get another test done my ob said the blood test results take ages to get back I am booked in to see her in 2 weeks but she will call me if my levels are even higher.
I am not sure when they will induce me maybe 36 or 37 weeks, She will probably talk to me about that the next time I see her. I think he will be a big baby so he should be a good size even tho i dont even really look pregnant!!!!! I will get an ultrasound done i think to check size and see how he is going

pinkin2011
August 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Hobb you said you have had 3 epidurals?

Hobbermittens
August 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
My doctor told me to take an antihistamine, like Benedril or something, to help the itching, but I have been afraid to. I don't like taking weird stuff when pregnant. Maybe ask your OB about it though?

pinkin2011
August 23rd, 2012, 06:03 PM
I am taking phenergan 25 mg at bed time. My itching starts at about 5pm and starts to die off a bit around 11am. So it lasts all night and morning. It is not too bad in the day time but by early evening I am a mess so thats why I take it at bed time plus if I took that in the day it would make me too sleepy.
My ob said she is looking up other options for me and will give me a call through the week

Mochagirl
August 23rd, 2012, 06:58 PM
hi ladies, just a quickie to let you know TTC5 is in labour. I just seen it on facebook, she has just been moved to delivery suite.

Wish you lots of luck TTC5 your gonna meet your little man very soon...exciting. Cant wait to see some pics xxx

I've been following on FB too. It's all so exciting! I can't believe she might be holding her little guy in her arms very soon! It makes it all so real that soon we're ALL going to be holding our babies! :HH:

Mochagirl
August 23rd, 2012, 07:03 PM
Mocha, I am worried about having to go to the hospital alone, too. My family is all planning to come around the due date, and I am worried I will go early and have to be in labor without DH there. I guess I really only need him there for the pushing part. I just hope it doesn't come to that. What will you do if your DH isn't there for the whole thing? Are you okay giving birth without him there?

You know, my DH is so beyond useless in the delivery room that I don't think I'd mind all that much if he weren't there. Last time I went into labour he slept through the whole part of labour when I was still at home, leaving me to time my own contractions, and occasionally asking me to try to be quieter so I wouldn't wake up the kids. Then when we finally went to the hospital he was in a pissy grumpy mood from lack of sleep, and he actually got mad at me about something I don't even remember now and stalked off in front of me when I was trying to walk to the maternity ward. Then in labour he was just 'there' - my midwives offered far more support, TBH. He even almost fainted at one point from hunger and the sight of all the blood, so I found myself worrying about him instead of the task at hand.

So, to make a long story short - it really wouldn't be the end of the world if he weren't there. I'm really close with my midwives and no matter what will feel like I have a 'friend' there with me. He'll be sad if he misses the birth, and I would be sad for him since obviously I'd like him to be there for the birth of his daughter, but I don't think I'd suffer all that much except for the discomfort of having to take a taxi to the hospital on my own while in a lot of pain.

fivebabies
August 24th, 2012, 12:19 AM
I saw that on FB!...Gosh, that's so early! FX all goes well for her!