PDA

View Full Version : Gender at 10w3d

heavenlee
August 2nd, 2012, 09:50 PM
Today at my appointment, my OB couldn't find the baby's HB with her doppler so she said that needs to do an ultrasound to make sure there is a HB. So she looked, found a Hb and also told me that she was 99% positive it was a boy! (I swayed for a girl and have two boys already)I didn't even ask, she just told me that. I actually wasn't going to find out until birth because I didn't want to deal with GD while pregnant. I thought it would be too early to know the sex since I'm only 10w3d, but she said she was almost positive. I hate saying this but I'm so disappointed. I feel like I just lost a life dream of mine. This is my last baby because I'm 40 already, too old for another one. Just hope I get get through the rest of this pregnancy because I have a loooong way to go.

nuthinbutpink
August 2nd, 2012, 10:27 PM
11 week old boy-

11 week old girl-

She has a 50/50 chance of being right. Don't lose hope yet.

Butterfly Spirit
August 3rd, 2012, 01:14 AM
Thanks for posting those NBP, it's CRAZY how similar they look..the appendage is even more pronounced on the GIRL!

Yuzu
August 3rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Wow, it is crazy how close those two are!

By the way, heavenlee--I'm 44 and pregnant with my fourth (which is yet another boy). Don't give up hope if you really want another. It may just be possible!

fish2012
August 3rd, 2012, 03:36 PM
how rude of her to tell you unasked, from NBP's post and what I have been told here in the uk (they won't tell you gender at all before 20 weeks even at 19 they wouldn't tell me because they couldn't be sure!) I think you should try and ignore this and pretend she didn't say it

how rude!!!!!

It's a shame cause I guess you'll end up asking at each scan now when you didn't want to know

...some people so rude!!!! :thumbsdown:

heavenlee
August 3rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
NBP - wow, they do look very similar. Thanks for posting that. How interesting.

Fish - I know, I was shocked she came out and said it without even asking first. She has two boys and she did tell me "that's why I didn't try for another baby, I know I would be like you and have another boy". Sounds like she may have some underlying GD.

I'll try to think positively, maybe it could still be a girl right? I know I should just be happy for a healthy baby, but I'm sure you guys know how it is. Just makes me sad to think I may not get my daughter. Thanks everyone for the encouragment though!