PDA

View Full Version : thought I'd share- decrease test. and estradiol, increase progesterone?

lindi
February 5th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I am taking white peony and licorice, thought I'd share why:

"In a series of animal experiments, a Japanese researcher showed that the six-herb combination called dang gui and white peony powder increased progesterone secretion. When the formula ingredients were analyzed in groups, dang gui root, water plantain (ze xie or Alisma plantago-aquatica), and white peony root increased progesterone accumulation in the blood, while the combination of poria mushroom and white atractylodes decreased these levels. The formula as a whole favored progesterone production and reduced one of the estrogens called estradiol (Usuki, 1988)."

"Licorice, especially combined with peony, helps regulate hormones, reduce androgen levels and improve the LH to FSH ratio."

A later pharmacological study found that paeoniflorin (from paeonia) (white peony) and glycyrrhetinic acid (licorice) significantly decreased testosterone production from ovaries.165 A recent study specifically examined the effect of a Paeonia-licorice combination in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). Thirty-four Japanese women with PCOS were treated daily with 7.5 g of the combination for 24 weeks in an uncontrolled trial.166 Serum testosterone and free testosterone levels were significantly decreased after 4 weeks.

just thought I'd share an alternative to saw palmetto!

Another princess
February 7th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Very intersting!Thanks for sharing lindi

pinksapphire
March 1st, 2011, 10:25 AM
In what amounts are you taking these?

Thanks!

atomic sagebrush
March 1st, 2011, 10:32 AM
She decided to go HT instead - let me message her and find out.