View Full Version : NCBeachyGrl's Sway..its a boy

NCBeachyGrl
August 3rd, 2012, 11:07 AM
TTC a Girl Sway AttemptsGender Result:
BOY DW Age:
32 DH Age:
31 Current Children's Gender(s)
2 boys - almost 3 and 5 Number of Months TTC
2 Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No

So...my sway didn't work. I really don't have too many regrets or things I would have done differently. If I go for #4 (scary to say) I think I want to be on Vitex and the diet a bit longer. Next time I won't worry so much about FR or when to DTD. I prob. won't do temping and OPKs either and just go with the "whatever happens, happens" approach. I think I put too much pressure and stress on myself with worrying about these things.

Thank you AS and all you wonderful ladies for all the support. Everyone on here is amazing!!

DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? LE(Low Everything)

If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
I started the diet on May 1 and tried to be as strict as possible - only taking a few cheat meals a month.

I never ate breakfast and got up between 6 and 7 AM every day, ate at 11 AM, a snack at 3 PM, and dinner at 7 PM. I started tracking/counting calories for about a month and stopped once I had the hang of it. Did you skip breakfast regularly?
Yes Did DH follow diet with you?
No DId you consume alcohol? A couple of drinks per week

DId you try to limit caffeine?
No, I drink caffeine regularly Any Diet Details?
DH and I drank beer a lot - maybe 2/3 beers 4 days a week. DH did not do the diet but he ate mostly turkey burger and chicken and really cut out red meat (this was HUGE for him).

He also drank a ton of coffee and said his aspartame intake is through the roof with all the diet food/gym stuff he eats/drinks. He also has consistently drank a 1/2 pitcher of crystal light daily for the last 2 years. I drank 2-3 diet cokes a day and maybe a morning coffee w/ splenda and skim milk.

WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weight/BMI do leading up to O?
I am 5'8 and started at 145 lbs. My final weigh in yesterday (day of faint BFP on IC) was 130 lbs so I had a BMI of 19.8. Did not exercise at all!

This was by far the lowest I have been...maybe ever! My arms and legs have shrank to nothing!

THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
I tested in May and it was a 5 - after that I did not care about pH!
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
No idea! DH pH
at one point he had a 7 or 8 but never tested again How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
We did 4 attempts BD Dates according to Ovulation
1 Day Before O
O Day
1 Day After O

THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Frequent Release
DTD through Ovulation

BD Position
Multiple Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
DH started FR at AF and we continued FR until + OPK ( I had to "help" DH every night and we never had sex) I got a + OPK on CD11. I took my last vitex, SP, and Zyrtec pills on CD10.

I also used RePhresh on CD4, CD7, CD10. Zyrtec from CD6-CD10.

First attempt CD11 - doggy style - 2 PM (DH had just come home from playing b-ball, he drank a glass of crystal light and took a shower right before)

Second attempt CD12 - missionary - 4:30 AM - DH and I had both just woken up (thinking this was the best attempt)

Third attempt - CD12 - me on top - 11:00 PM - DH and I had been at the beach and were very relaxed - I was afraid we were BD'ing too close to O pains. O pains had started pretty bad at 8 PM so I knew I would be O'ing soon. I used a pea size amt of RePhresh an hour before.

Fourth attempt - CD13 - me on top - 1:30 PM - I used a pea size amount of RePhresh about 20 min before we DTD. I felt pretty strong I had already O'd and was in the O+12 range or later.

I never had the big O (BOO!).
I never used any lube.
I had no CM all cycle.

At every attempt, I laid for 5 min and then did a strong J&D by peeing it all out. The first attempt I felt like everything came out. Our 2nd attempt in the AM was terrible! It took DH FOREVER to finish and it was so painful b/c I had no CM.

SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements Vitex
Saw Palmetto
Chitosan
Baby asprin
folic acid
acidophiles
Antihistamine

DH Supplements
None!

Other Items About My Sway
Did you do anything with Ions?
I tried to paint my nails a lot, took a lot of hot showers, we went to the beach on O day after lightening storm, used hairspray, had lavender everything (dish soap, house sprays, candles), slept with pink beeswax candle beside the bed. DS was taking Saturday swim lessons so I sat by the pool alot Moon Phase during conception?
New moon - Waxing Crescent Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
This is kind of embarrassing! I had a pink onsie under my pillow and a wooden spoon with pink ribbon under the bed. Things that make me feel great about my sway:
Diet and weight loss. I changed EVERYTHING about how/what I ate and never ate meat or breakfast. DH also stopped a lot of his gym supplements, he takes antidepressants, and he had just started a new job in June so he was working more outside and was stressed/very tired all the time. He didn't have as much time to be active with sports and working out either. Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Stress - I always have stress with the 2 boys and my little one has really been testing the waters. I tried the best I could to get the babysitter to come or have MIL watch kids close to O to take away stress.

Work for me has always been very stressful, but the month of July was a slow month and I got to go to the pool and beach and relax a lot more so hopefully that helped.

I tried not to swaycess either...hopefully...I focused on my upcoming sway in the 2WW and then loaded my calendar with days I needed to take things. Things worth mentioning:
I really prayed a lot and did what I felt was right. I did have a time pressure to get pg b/c DH started his hard core gym supplements. I don't have any regrets about anything!

This baby will be due in April - which was when I was due before I m/c after DS1 - but 4 years later!

nuthinbutpink
August 3rd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Yay! The survey worked! Thank you!

auroara78
August 3rd, 2012, 11:21 AM
Awesome sway info!! NC I really really am :fingers: this is your daughter!!!!!!!!!! Your boys will love having a baby sister!!

The Anchor
August 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Awesome sway...FX you've got your pink bean in there!

NCBeachyGrl
August 3rd, 2012, 12:40 PM
Thanks ladies! I really hope this little bean sticks!!!!! So exciting!

BeadinMom
August 3rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
Looks AMAZING!!! So excited for you!! I can't wait to find out if it's a girl...no matter what, this baby will be SO LOVED!! :) Xx

NCBeachyGrl
August 3rd, 2012, 01:25 PM
Looks AMAZING!!! So excited for you!! I can't wait to find out if it's a girl...no matter what, this baby will be SO LOVED!! :) Xx

Thank you Beadin! :HH:

fish2012
August 3rd, 2012, 02:16 PM
brilliant sway congrats

pebmcpd7
August 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Well Done NC, hope you have a pink bean in there!!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 3rd, 2012, 02:31 PM
Awesome sway info!! NC I really really am :fingers: this is your daughter!!!!!!!!!! Your boys will love having a baby sister!!

I will take all the prayers, fingers crossed, and anything anyone wants to give me! You are all so sweet. I am just totally shocked I got pg with swaying like I did. I am over the moon.

dloui128
August 3rd, 2012, 03:06 PM
Looks like a great sway :)

Mrs_P
August 3rd, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi hun massive congrats and great sway, will miss you in the 2ww slots. Besides poas next obsession has to be nubs so don't forget us when the time comes.

Poor little fish is swimming no where now, can't wait to see what you come up with next to count down til your little ones arrival x

sosapop
August 3rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
Congratulations!!

coocoobananas
August 3rd, 2012, 04:42 PM
Yah! Great sway, fx for you:) we have boys the same age!!

Tiffani3
August 3rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wow great sway congratulations again fx for your dd xxxxxxxxx

elle82
August 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM
Congrats NC!! Great sway!!! Sooooo excited for you. :fx: it's a little :XX: Good luck xxxx

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Thanks for filling out the questionnaire! Looks great! (and thanks NBP for making it!)

HopeandDreamG
August 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Ncbeachy~ Awesome sway!!! FANTASTIC... looks like you have a great chance at pink :)

HopeandDreamG
August 5th, 2012, 02:38 PM
What questionnaire are we talking about? The format NC used for the sway?

NCBeachyGrl
August 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Yes! NBP set it up and you can go here to use it: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=8

BeadinMom
August 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I love your new ticker, NC!!! :) So excited for you!!! Xx

NCBeachyGrl
August 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I love your new ticker, NC!!! :) So excited for you!!! Xx

Thanks!!!!!! She is supposed to get bigger with the weeks! Although I wish they had the option to put how many other kids you have b/c I will prob be ahead of the pic!

Good luck to everyone still TTC! I am rooting you all on!!!!! Come on August BFPs!

HopeandDreamG
August 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Great thanks! Hopefully I'll b able to fill out it in the next century!!

HopeandDreamG
August 5th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I can get to the questionnaire through the link but can't find it on my own. Where is it listed? Thinking if I can't figure it out others may not b able to either. Well, on the other hand I can be challenged when it comes to these things sometimes!!

babygirlforme
August 6th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a happy and healthy 9 months!

*ruby*
August 6th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Great sway Beachy :fingers: it's a little girl for you!

Myloves
August 7th, 2012, 01:06 AM
:luck: Hoping you get your girl!! Great sway.

Maple
August 19th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Congratulations NC! All the best X

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Updated....it is a boy.

BeadinMom
October 25th, 2012, 10:03 PM
A BEAUTIFUL boy!! XOXO

Myloves
October 25th, 2012, 10:11 PM
NCBeachy, congrats on your boy!

jennaesue
October 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry to hear your sway was not successful. But I wanted to tell you from experience that third little boys have a way of stealing their mommy's heart. In fact, being so completely in love with my third baby boy made me realize a fourth boy wouldn't so bad.

auroara78
October 25th, 2012, 11:19 PM
congrats on sweet baby boy NC!! He will be so loved!

The Anchor
October 26th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Sorry you didn't hear girl...but I'm jealous of you anyway! Hugs...

pebmcpd7
October 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Was so sure you were gonna hear girl Beachy, you had a concrete sway!!!!

dloui128
October 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
congrats on your little man

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Was so sure you were gonna hear girl Beachy, you had a concrete sway!!!!

I blame DH! Damn his super boy sperm! I think I stressed too much too. That is my only regret..next time I won't "try" so hard and just relax a little!

deaks66
October 26th, 2012, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry to hear your sway was not successful. But I wanted to tell you from experience that third little boys have a way of stealing their mommy's heart. In fact, being so completely in love with my third baby boy made me realize a fourth boy wouldn't so bad.

I was just thinking the same thing today whilst cuddling my 3 day old 3rd boy... omg i am so in love!!! a fourth boy would be so welcome if i had these feelings again! Many congrats ncbeachy, i know its hard at first (i cried and cried) but you will feel very differently by the time he arrives :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Deaks66, that was completely AWESOME!!!! I'm glad I read your post. Thanks for the reminder.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 01:51 PM
yes! Thanks Deaks! That made me feel better too!

pebmcpd7
October 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Good girl, your thinking of another one!!!!!

coocoobananas
October 26th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I needed to hear this today deaks! I know I will feel the same, I am just having a hard time knowing this til I see my little boy too!!

Violet_
October 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Congratulations Beachy on your newest little boy. He will be adorable. I am also a mother of 3 sons and love them so very much. I suffered quite bad GD with both DS2 and DS3 but I tell you what, I love them little boys now and when they arrived they were perfect. I will see how curiosity gets me but with the next baby (currently ttc and trying to sway pink), DH and I are going to try to wait until the baby is born so as to spare ourselves the GD and we know we will adore our baby whatever the gender when it's born. We are trying to sway but will love another child no matter what. But I know how it feels, I've been there. It can be hard, but I believe your little man is meant to be here and will bring you so much happiness.

Sunflower3
October 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
3 boys are wonderful NC!!! I had my third boy in February. He is the happiest baby and everyone loves him. I feel completely blessed to be a mommy to three of a kind! :).

Vanz2010
October 28th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Congrats on your son!! What lovely words of encouragement from others with 3 boys. :)