PDA

View Full Version : LE diet and cm

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 3rd, 2012, 10:02 PM
Just wondering how the le diet dries up cm. I've only been on it for almost 3 weeks but I have almost no cm. I think I will o in the next few days. I keep thinking based on cm that o is far off because I always had a decent amount of cm. I'm trying to figure out how cm could just about vanish due to diet.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 3rd, 2012, 10:03 PM
And if you have a very small amount of cm should you still take Zyrtec?

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 11:23 AM
first question - (I need an essay on this desperately I know) EWCM is made when your body makes estrogen as ovulation approaches. Your body makes estrogen out of fats and cholesterol in your diet. So the LE Diet both reduces intake of fats and cholesterol, particularly red meat and full fat dairy which may have other compounds that also increase estrogen. Less raw materials coming in = less EWCM

At the same time, LE Diet also includes a lot of fiber, both the fiber supps and the increased intake of fruits/veg/fiber have been proven to remove estrogen from the body. Body fat itself makes estrogen and so when you lose body fat, you lower estrogen.

Testosterone, estrogen, and progesterone are made out of the same stuff, and your body needs all of them. In fact, first it makes progesterone, then testosterone (along with other stress-related hormones like cortisol), and only after those things have been made, does it make estrogen. So when we do things that reduce our testosterone like losing weight and shrinking our muscle mass, and reduce our stress overall (or exhaust production of stress hormones by OVERmaking them) our body no longer feels like it HAS to make as much (or else it can't due to exhaustion.) Lower demand = lower supply and then less left over to make estrogen with. So reducing muscle mass via losing weight and eating a lower protein diet, means less testosterone produced, meaning less to make into estrogen.

Finally, when we reduce our caloric intake, it has a dampening effect on our fertility overall. If you don't have enough food coming in, your body may not WANT to get pregnant. It's like a natural form of birth control. Less food = less raw materials to produce progesterone, testosterone, and estrogen. CM dries up, ovulation becomes spotty, cycles lenghten - you can still get pregnant, it's just more difficult. LE Diet sends a gentle signal to your body that times are hard and it may not be the best time for a pregnancy, and so EWCM dries up as a result (either via the mechanisms I mentioned above or through additional mechanisms we don't know about yet.)

It's pretty complicated but that's the nutshell version anyway.

atomic sagebrush
August 4th, 2012, 11:25 AM
And if you have a very small amount of cm should you still take Zyrtec?

That depends on how long you've been trying and how much weight you have to lose. If you've only been TTC for a month or two, and you still have plenty of weight to take off, you will probably want to take the Zyrtec and just prepare mentally for a BFN. If you've been trying for 6 months, your husband is consulting divorce lawyers, and you weigh 85 lbs soaking wet, it's best to drop the Zyrtec!