PDA

View Full Version : Importing embroyos

erika
February 5th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Has anyone ever done this or know anyone who has? The Dr who also half treated me here said sure no worries bring them back ?? But now I am not to sure?? Any info appreciated I need a IVF/PGD lawyer/Dr to advise ideally and P.S. This must refer to Western Australian laws just like we cant gamble in our pubs things are different in the wild west wowser land!

Snowflakes
February 5th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Hi Erika

Sorry to hear about the problems you've had at that clinic here in Perth! I personally wouldn't trust them now either.

Persistence (member on IG) cycled at SART and had embroyos shipped back to S.A. for FET's. She might be able to give you more information about her clinic and hopefully that might be an option for you. Afterall Adelaide isn't too far away :wink:

Wishing you all the best for your trip to Thailand and for your cycle. Please keep us posted :happy:

grasshopper
February 6th, 2011, 02:06 AM
I can't see why it would matter to them that the embies you bring back have been PGD'd...as long as the report they receive from SART doesn't contain anything about gender selection I can't see why they would care at all. Just the same as starting the cycle in Perth and heading overseas...if you had not told them the embies would be PGD'd or that you were doing it for sex selection would they have even been able to cancel your cycle? They would have had no reason surely. I am still pretty shocked over your dramas...just craziness. You must be just shaking your head.
Good luck with it all and keep us posted.

Lillylolly
February 6th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I am not sure but try googling container carriers - just google embryos and shipping and you are bound to find something. You could also post this question to Dr P and see if he can point you in the right direction.

erika
February 9th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Hmm contacted three clinics in perth yesterday and nothing!! I am jumping the gun a little here has not even had egg retreval that is set for the 16th or 17th

koko
March 13th, 2011, 09:06 AM
hope you find answers soon