PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Lassie1982
October 25th, 2012, 04:03 AM
My SIL had her 12w scan today and the tech said 70% sure its a boy, she wanted a girl but its her first child so im sure she is ok with it. I feel like the gender gods arent being very nice to many people lately. I have my 12w scan next Thursday at the same place so i will probably get a 70% guess too.

do you know if the terminology here in Australia is the same?
Ie - would you ask about the 'nub' and ask for a 'potty' shot or would they look at you funny?

Lassie1982
October 25th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Yeah, I lie flat and feel above my pubic bone. With my son, when it started going above my public bone it was very obvious because it was like a hard mound/top of a ball.

excellent :) that sounds exactly like what i felt!

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 04:17 AM
do you know if the terminology here in Australia is the same?
Ie - would you ask about the 'nub' and ask for a 'potty' shot or would they look at you funny?

Im not sure about the terminology. Id say just ask if they can see what is between the legs or can they guess gender. Surly they then do the potty shot. And i think we will be able to get nub shots while they are measuring the nuchal fold you might have to ask for full body not just face profile.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Cinss, since everyone has been hearing boy lately, I think you should continue the trend!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 09:06 AM
Alright, we're turning over a new leaf on this thread today. Going forward, everyone who swayed pink is hearing girl at their u/s!!!! Except for Cinss and whoever swayed blue!! Rosie the ball is in your court!! lol

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 09:13 AM
We need a "no penis" sign like the no AF one. That seemed to be lucky for my BFP thread!

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
We need a "no penis" sign like the no AF one. That seemed to be lucky for my BFP thread!

I love this idea!

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Whine alert: there is no other adult in my house to complain to, so I'm whining to y'all instead. ;) I had awful dreams last night, woke up early to what sounded like gun shots (in my very quiet neighborhood?) with an awful headache. And I've been gagging all morning. 10 weeks today... The placenta should be taking over now, right? The nausea will get better, right? I'm ready for it to go away now. Any time.

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 09:27 AM
This is fitting for our thread! Warning.....any tech who tells us boy WATCH OUT!

spinningmadly
October 25th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Shell not to sound pessimistic but everyone kept telling me it would get better at 10, then 12 , then 15 etc I don't think it was til 20 that I felt any relief and I was tired of everyone giving me false hope. Although, I do get really sick so I'm not the norm!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 10:06 AM
Shell I was sick through week 10 too! I felt better at 13 weeks.

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 10:08 AM
I love the sign! I feel so pressured now to come back and say girl :-/

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 10:11 AM
So Saturday it will a while before I can log on after my scan. Like hours..... Sorry :-(. I would say around 3 or 4 pm my time which is central standard time.

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks, y'all. I haven't been this sick since my first, about 11 years ago. And I remember that with him, I was sick well into my 2nd trimester -- it actually got worse after 12 weeks. So I guess we'll see. The last two (a girl and a boy) I had some nausea but it was mostly at dinner time. This is all day and all night.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Does anybody have the le diet and could email it to me?

mrshonyez
October 25th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I hope you get some relief soon shell! Apparently I still get nauseated here at 17+ weeks :( if I take my zofran every other day I can manage, but if I forget that second day, I start to feel like I could throw up so I rush and take it. Still have to take the unisom and b6 every night too. Blah!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Not sure if it's because my scan is so soon but I seem to have lost all feeling that I could be carrying a pink bean. It has to be a boy, how could it be a girl? I want it too much :-(

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Anyone in the mood to go slap a tech for me? I went today for an elective...

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 02:47 PM
We punch NC. Slapping doesn't seem as effective.

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Wanna come down to NC??????

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
At least she didn't write boy or say boy the entire time. She knew I wanted a girl and had 2 boys and was really great about it. It really helped to not see that on the screen.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Yup!!! I'm packing Dawson's Creek dvd's and my brass knuckles!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM
At least she didn't write boy or say boy the entire time. She knew I wanted a girl and had 2 boys and was really great about it. It really helped to not see that on the screen.

Don't make excuses for her NC. She's going down!!! lol
It does help when they are considerate. And I'm sure she wished she could've said the opposite.

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Yup!!! I'm packing Dawson's Creek dvd's and my brass knuckles!!!

That made me laugh out loud!

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM

It's nice that she was sensitive about it. I know that you were prepared but I also know what actually seeing the words feels like. :( Because she was nice, maybe she DOES just need a slap.

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Ya know....I blame all this on DH. Damn his sperm....If I do go for #4...my plan is breastfeeding, Vitex, and spermcide. That'll show those sneaky things.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 03:00 PM
NC baby boys clothes have come a long way in the past 18 months. I think you'll find a lot of things to buy for Mr. Beachy Bean. We love him already NC!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ya know....I blame all this on DH. Damn his sperm....If I do go for #4...my plan is breastfeeding, Vitex, and spermcide. That'll show those sneaky things.

At the end of the day, EVERYTHING is their fault. lol

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
NC baby boys clothes have come a long way in the past 18 months. I think you'll find a lot of things to buy for Mr. Beachy Bean. We love him already NC!!!!!

Damn....that sounds so bad! Mr. Beachy Bean...we need a new name!!!!!

coocoobananas
October 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Oh NC:( its hard to see its for sure a boy:( why is so hard for some of us esp when we try do hard!! 1 out of 3? Is that so much to ask? Im glad you're considering 4! My hubby would totally let me but it's not in the cards for me! I told him we would have to win the lottery and then do ht and have a surrogate cause I ain't ever doing this again!
I have to get out of this slump though! I gave myself a week to get through it but tomorrow its been a week, I hope I'm just suddenly over it by then!! I can't wait to feel good all the time about this little boy:)

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hey coocoo...it is so hard for sure. The NT scan really prepared me, and I told the tech to just show the boy money shot b/c I knew it was there. Sure enough, there it popped up. I was not surprised at all. It just hurts to know I can't buy pink and look forward to all those girly things...but it is what it is. Don't worry...you will be OK. My gd with DS2 was terrible and I got over it quick enough. Don't put a time limit on yourself and just let it take you where you need to.

Blame DH...that feels much better!

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Blame DH...that feels much better!

Well ultimately, it is his fault. ;) Mr. Beachy Bean will be gorgeous and sweet. I'm glad you got to see him today.

mrshonyez
October 25th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm sorry you didn't hear pink either NC! He'll be adorable though!! I agree with blaming DH, when he joked that it was my fault I told him nooo way and that he's the one with the super sperm apparently.

Tiffani3
October 25th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Anyone in the mood to go slap a tech for me? I went today for an elective...

You ok sweetie? I'd love to punch a tech for you we'll swap you can pop over and punch mine and I'll come get yours!! xx

fish2012
October 25th, 2012, 04:13 PM
oh hun your so brave.......i think a slap is probably very proportionate ;-s

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks ladies! I am really sad but I will be OK. I knew it was a boy but now it is just sinking in and of course DS1 and DS2 are being rotten and so difficult today. They are fighting and being crazy and am having a hard time with it all :(

suregena
October 25th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks, y'all. I haven't been this sick since my first, about 11 years ago. And I remember that with him, I was sick well into my 2nd trimester -- it actually got worse after 12 weeks. So I guess we'll see. The last two (a girl and a boy) I had some nausea but it was mostly at dinner time. This is all day and all night.

That's interesting. By far, this pregnancy has been a lot easier than with my son. While I only threw up (and just bile at that...) twice with my son, I was HEAVILY nauseated from weeks 5 1/2 to week 9 with it getting slightly manageable until week 11 when it started going away. I had a lot of aversions, it was hard work to eat but I made sure I ate when I could but it was HARD work. The first bite would take me ages to get the courage to put in my mouth. Bleh. I missed a lot of work, as well.

This time? I've been nauseated, sure, but overwhelmingly? Mostly no. I haven't called into work at all. I've been late for work twice (mainly from tiredness, if I'm honest... but one day was because of queasiness.) I can eat most things fine, just so long as I make sure to eat. Sure, some things may not sound good but they don't automatically put me off, per se. I've mostly been feeling okay in the mornings since week 7 and only get a bit uncomfortable right before lunch and then evenings are my most uncomfortable, but mostly it's a really heavy "blaaaaaaahhhhhgggggg" queasiness... but I don't feel like I need to throw up. But night time is about as bad as it gets which isn't that bad, really.

My son I didn't have heartburn until late into the pregnancy. This time I feel indigestion/heartburn daily, for the most part, and constantly not-quite burping.

Just crazy how different two pregnancies are! SO different. I wish it meant something but it may mean nothing at all, it could still be a boy... but still, wacky.

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Yes, it's crazy. I thought last time it HAD to be a girl, because it was so much more like my 2nd pregnancy (my girl) than my first (my boy). So when the tech told me boy, I almost couldn't believe it. The ms was worst with the first -- I ended up in the hospital more than once, and that was in my 2nd trimester. Lets hope this one is not a repeat!

Tiffani3
October 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks ladies! I am really sad but I will be OK. I knew it was a boy but now it is just sinking in and of course DS1 and DS2 are being rotten and so difficult today. They are fighting and being crazy and am having a hard time with it all :(

Big hugs to you. Take some time to your self and let it all out it will make you feel better. Congratulations on your little man ds3's are the best ;) he will be amazing. xx

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Cinss, since everyone has been hearing boy lately, I think you should continue the trend!!!

Thanks 3men, i really hope i am the last one to hear boy.

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
As I was sitting here crying DS1 emailed this to me from an ipad app....he is 5 and very tech savvy!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Ladies, how much stock do you put into a skull guess?

mummypink
October 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Sending you a big hug NC, congratulations on your cute little boy xxxx

Morning sickness is definitely a funny one, I wasn't ever sick with DS1 just felt travel sick all the time and off food. With ds2 I was really sick, to the point where they were thinking about putting me in hospital and I was sure it must be a girl - but nope! This time I would say it is in between the two, if I eat breakfast you can pretty much guarantee I will see it again half an hour later. I feel hungry but don't fancy eating hardly anything - and when I do feel like eating something it is usually something we don't have in the house!!
I decided today that I'm just going to enjoy dreaming about having a girl, look at the girly baby stuff in the shops and online as in a few weeks I may well be hearing boy too. This is definitely our last baby, I couldn't go through the whole is it a girl isn't it thing again. 3 weeks and 4 days until I find out, I don't know whether I can't wait or whether I never want the date to arrive!!

We definitely need a penis ban sign for all of us hoping for a girl this time!!! xxxxxxxxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 04:56 PM

Not any at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Ok. I have 2 boy skull guesses. Feeling very deflated...

Shellbelle
October 25th, 2012, 05:45 PM

None. All 3 of mine have had similar skulls

spinningmadly
October 25th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I Dono I think NC skull looked girly and clearly I was wrong.
Sorry NC :( I posted on your u/s thread.

I feel like I'll be there soon too. My sway was all messed up with number of attempts bc I ovulated sooo late and kept having positive opks. By the time I did ovulate it was like 18 days in a row!!!! Hoping that sperm count was super low by the time any peak days came into play lol

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Elp said boyish skull for me. She's the one that did the original thread about the early skull guessing. I'm really thinking this is a boy now. I was 65% before, and now I'm about 85. I'm sad...

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
So sorry NC, I am glad you were prepared to hear blue but it's still hard! Big hugs to you and hey congrats on the blue bean, he will be very loved indeed.

I really hope Cinss is the last to hear blue. The odds are in my favor right? haha. I feel like my sway is all screwed up too. Like Three I am feeling deflated and I like I have no chance. Clearly this was a bad time to have baby girls. I find out tomorrow what my cousin's wife is having...she feels like the baby is a girl, she is probably right. ugh

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Yes Rosie statistically you would think your odds are pretty good because in a group like this it would be fair to assume that there should be some of this some of that, not all of this! And i am feeling like my odds are going down with each boy reveal, its so weird!

spinningmadly
October 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah I was thinking either everyone is having boys or some of us have to have girls!!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 09:22 PM
You can have my boy cinss and I will take the girl, haha Works out perfect!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 09:23 PM
I love my boys to death but gosh do I wish I fell pregnant with a girl my first time around. I would be more okay with 3 or 4 girls than 3 or 4 boys...does that make me sound awful? :sad:

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Ds1 was sure the last baby was a girl and he was right. The whole time he told me he was sure.
When my sil was pregnant , my nephew who was 3 kept saying its a boy AND a girl and that there were 2 babies .. Well at 20 weeks (first u/s) they found out they were having twins.. And they were a boy and a girl!

3m&al = haven't you been pretty sick? Maybe the headaches are from dehydration? I know I'm real bad in the evenings and I wake up w headaches bc I get so dehydrated from the night before

Kids have a connection to their siblings in the womb, I swear it's true. My boys said baby sister with my loss baby and then my DH had a premonitional dream that it was a girl and then with this pregnancy right from day one I asked them and they said "baby sister". Then there are plenty of ladies on here that have said their kids just knew.

spinningmadly
October 25th, 2012, 09:37 PM
No! It doesn't sound awful at all! But it's easy to think you might feel that way without being in that situation? Ya know? I don't think you'd really know how you'd feel until you were in it. I have a friend with 3 girls who'd do anything for a boy.

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
That is true spinning, I would have to be there to know. The grass is always greener on the other side right??

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I really hope my Ds1 has that connection, if he is right and it's a girl I am buying him a treat. hahaha

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 09:56 PM
:HH: Oh NC, I've known the news all day, I just didn't know what to say, and I just can't believe it. I'm sorry I was wrong on the nub.
I just got done reading your sway, and you had an amazing pink sway and you and your DH did absolutely everything you could have done. That leads me to believe that this sweet little bundle of blue truly was meant to join your family. I think that this little boy is just going to be the sweetest and closest to you by far. My second son is like that to me and I wouldn't trade him for anything. I'm glad your little one is healthy, and I hope in time he can hold a special place in your heart. I wish there was something else I could say. I love ya chicka. :hug2:

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Thanks Butterfly! Everyone on here is amazing and I know everything happens for a reason. IF I decide on having #4, I think I am just going to make sure I am on Vitex longer and that I throw out all the temping and OPKs. Those are really my only regrets.

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 10:02 PM
I agree with butterfly. You did everything in your power, so little blue was meant for you. He must really need you guys and I too bet you will have a very strong bond with him. He will probably be your sweetest mamma's boy...the one who remembers Mother's Day all on his own!

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 10:04 PM
I love my boys to death but gosh do I wish I fell pregnant with a girl my first time around. I would be more okay with 3 or 4 girls than 3 or 4 boys...does that make me sound awful? :sad:

That is exactly how I feel. Now I feel even more pressure b/c if I do have a fourth, it really is my last chance and makes the stakes that much higher. I feel like I am having babies for the wrong reason...just to see if I can get my DD.

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 10:07 PM
There is never a wrong reason for a child. Even if you got another boy I am sure he would be loved. There would probably be more regret in you not trying and always wondering then doing it and getting another boy.

I always said I would have 4 but I sit here in so much pain I doubt I could handle another pregnancy and I keep saying I can adopt my little girl but I will always always wonder what MY baby girl would have looked like. It is frustrating.

Myloves
October 25th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I love my boys to death but gosh do I wish I fell pregnant with a girl my first time around. I would be more okay with 3 or 4 girls than 3 or 4 boys...does that make me sound awful?

No Rosie, you don't sound awful. I often felt this way myself before I had my third baby.

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
If you ladies are trying for another after this one, what is your timing? I don't know why this worries me so...maybe b/c I never thought I would have more than 2 kids....but if you are having another, when do you plan on doing so?

DS1 will be 5.5 when this baby is born, DS2 will be 3.5 so I almost feel like I need to have 3&4 close like 1&2....but then I worry if I can handle all this....those with 4 or more, let me know your logic!!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
If you ladies are trying for another after this one, what is your timing? I don't know why this worries me so...maybe b/c I never thought I would have more than 2 kids....but if you are having another, when do you plan on doing so?

DS1 will be 5.5 when this baby is born, DS2 will be 3.5 so I almost feel like I need to have 3&4 close like 1&2....but then I worry if I can handle all this....those with 4 or more, let me know your logic!!!

My two boys are 18 months apart.. So I got pregnant right around the time DS#1 was 10 months old..
It's hard, but I wouldn't have it any other way. This one has the farthest gap. DS#2 will be 3 when she comes.

Myloves
October 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM

You don't necessarily have to have the same amount of years between no.3 and the next baby after him. I have a five year gap with my younger sister and we are the best of friends.
I'm planning on ttc early next yr - I want dd to be 3 yrs older than my last (future) baby. I think the 3 yr gap is a pretty cool gap.

mrshonyez
October 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Oh my gosh you guys sound like you've been in my head. I wonder if we would even have a second or third child if the first had been a girl. But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade my boys for anything. So I don't like to think like that. I'd be lost without them.
IF DH agrees to a 4th, I wonder about timing as well. My first three are all around 2 years apart, so I don't know if I should try at 2 years? I thought I wanted my third like ten years down the road, but changed my mind on that. I'm 25 so I know I still have plenty of time, but I don't know that I would want to start over again later down the road. I have no idea what to do! I've also thought about adoption, but then again, I too would always wonder what MY girl would look like. But then what if I have another boy, I'd never get the chance to raise a daughter. 4 would for sure be my limit. Ugh! I'm glad you ladies have the same feelings and I can talk to y'all about it!

NCBeachyGrl
October 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
It is hard, isn't it!!!!! I never thought I would be thinking like this!!!! I guess we should all get through this pregnancy and see how we are feeling and see how the baby does once they are here. We still have a LONG time before March/April/May! It makes me feel better to have a plan though!!

It does freak me out b/c a psychic predicted this was a boy and that I would have a 4th and it would be a boy too. She also said this baby is going to be born early and with stomach issues.

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I really hope the psychic is wrong about some things NC...like the issues with his tummy :-( I bet beachy boy will be just fine!

It is funny because before I had kids I just assumed I would have at least one of each...the thought never crossed my mind that I would have all boys. How naive I was.... It's just kind of like out of 3 or 4 kids what are the odds they would all have a penis?!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Okay ladies I need your thoughts here. So Dh and I both like Maggie for a name but can't agree on a long version. I initially just assumed it would be Margaret. Now Dh says he likes Magdalyn or Magdalene. Are those better or too weird? I mean I kind of like them. Is it dumb to pick a name based on the nickname?

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Okay ladies I need your thoughts here. So Dh and I both like Maggie for a name but can't agree on a long version. I initially just assumed it would be Margaret. Now Dh says he likes Magdalyn or Magdalene. Are those better or too weird? I mean I kind of like them. Is it dumb to pick a name based on the nickname?

The first one that popped in my head was Margaret. But you go with what you guys want to! :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Maega
Maegan
Magenta
Magnolia
Maegra
Magdalena
Margaret
Margerie
Margot
Margarita
Magda
Magna
Magali
Miaega
Magdalene
Margeen
Magena
Marguerite
I just found online lol

coocoobananas
October 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Rosie, can't you just have Maggie as a name? I think that's allowed;)
All this 4th kid and adoption talk I thInk really helps with coping. Even if I'm lying to myself, it's making me feel better!!! And then hopefully in my case I'll just get over it! That is truly what I am hoping for, just some good ol closure!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Rosie, can't you just have Maggie as a name? I think that's allowed;)
All this 4th kid and adoption talk I thInk really helps with coping. Even if I'm lying to myself, it's making me feel better!!! And then hopefully in my case I'll just get over it! That is truly what I am hoping for, just some good ol closure!!

Maggie is a name yes! Great idea! :)
Then call her Mags that's kinda cute I think!

Rosie85
October 25th, 2012, 11:35 PM
haha thanks for all the names butterfly! I still prefer Margaret or Magdalene. I could just use Maggie but for some reason it bothers me. I keep trying to find other girl names and I can't find one good enough to add to my love list. I have one name but Dh HATES it. I love the name Ren (Wren). lame dh's.....

Thinking about adoption helps me cope too but deep down inside I prefer my own girl. Mom's I know who have all boys says they get over not having girls. It takes a while but then they move on. They tell me to look forward to all the girl friends and grandbabies!

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 03:36 AM
I hate this time before a 12 week scan! I didn't even get a 12 week scan with my son and had to wait from 8 weeks until 20 weeks for the next scan and that wad after my two miscarriages. How did I do that?! I'm feeling so paranoid about going and having a missed miscarriage or something awful like that. It's driving me a little crazy today. :/

Lassie1982
October 26th, 2012, 04:39 AM
I hate this time before a 12 week scan! I didn't even get a 12 week scan with my son and had to wait from 8 weeks until 20 weeks for the next scan and that wad after my two miscarriages. How did I do that?! I'm feeling so paranoid about going and having a missed miscarriage or something awful like that. It's driving me a little crazy today. :/

i know it must be hard :( I worry a lot as well, im so scared that i will be lying there and will hear the worst. I think its only natural to worry.
I have a countdown app on my phone which I love, only 12 more days! Makes me realise its not too far...
Try and think happy thoughts - happy thoughts = happy baby

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Imagine only doing a 20week ultrasound. That is standard here and all I had with my first two. This time I had an early dating scan and am doing the elective gender tomorrow plus my 20 week.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:28 AM
I actually worried less with my first 2 babes as well. This time around I can barely sleep and worry all the time.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Ugh so everyone I know whose due in oct/nov (when I was) is having a damn girl. Apparently that was the month to have girls and I missed it. Does anyone know someone having a boy this month?? Bc it would make me feel better

If we had a 4th it would be our biggest gap and I would do ht so I'd have to wait until my third weaned which I nurse for at least a couple years , so It would be a bigger gap than I want but oh well. I figure it gives us time to save up.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah everyone I know is having girls too.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Ugh so everyone I know whose due in oct/nov (when I was) is having a damn girl. Apparently that was the month to have girls and I missed it. Does anyone know someone having a boy this month?? Bc it would make me feel better

If we had a 4th it would be our biggest gap and I would do ht so I'd have to wait until my third weaned which I nurse for at least a couple years , so It would be a bigger gap than I want but oh well. I figure it gives us time to save up.

A friend of mine is having a boy by c section in a few days.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 08:44 AM
I think Rosie and spinning are having girls. And Cinss and I are having boys.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Three I want to like your post but part of it is wrong...haha. I want your bean to be pink too!

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Ladies I am terrified for tomorrow. In just over 24 hrs I will know.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 08:47 AM
My uncle's nephew's wife is two months ahead of me and she's having boy #2... so if I have that as well... I'll be in good company I guess!

I've booked a private gender scan at 16 weeks, the night before I fly to the US for the holidays! My NHS anatomy scan wouldn't be happening until after I get back so I had to as I want to be able to know and tell family for Christmas! So, I may not have a date yet for my 12 week scan... but at least I've got December 12th to look forward to! (And Dec 13th, when I fly to America! Yaaaaay!)

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Rosie, I can't wrap my brain around the skull thing. I really think this is a boy. And I know I'll be a lot more sad than I originally thought I'd be.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
At least someone is having a boy! Thanks three! Lol

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 08:54 AM
I like Margaret, too. I am one that loves the nicknames and "everyday" names, but really wants each kid to have a more formal name for when they're older. My friend Martha calls it their "president name." You don't think of a president Katie, but President Katherine sounds great -- and Katie is a great everyday name.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Three it's okay to be sad, I know I will probably cry for a week straight. I will come to you and we can cry together.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Stupid skull theory...lol!!

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Yeah I like having a president name too. That is a great way of explaining it! Dh says he really prefers magdalyn over Margaret. It's a rare name that's for sure. Guess I shouldn't really worry about it too much until I see 3 lines tomorrow.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 09:10 AM
You'll see her lines Rosie I can feel it in my bones lol!!
Oh and even crazier I've been considering number 5 how mad am I. (Sorry ThreeMenAndALady) My only reasoning is we are going to have to get a bigger car, 7 seater and wouldn't it be so wrong for one seat to always be empty!!!!!!!!! My girl seat!!!!! ;)

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
We have a mini van and I told dh we need 5 to fill it, he gave me the death stare. Haha

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
I'm sorry I don't love magdyln lol .

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Magdalyn

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:25 AM
It's okay spinning! It took me saying it over and over again to have it grow on me just a bit.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
It just reminds me of Mary magdalene lol

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
You'll see her lines Rosie I can feel it in my bones lol!!
Oh and even crazier I've been considering number 5 how mad am I. (Sorry ThreeMenAndALady) My only reasoning is we are going to have to get a bigger car, 7 seater and wouldn't it be so wrong for one seat to always be empty!!!!!!!!! My girl seat!!!!! ;)

Lol we have ONE seat left and its going to this baby. Any more kids and we'd need a conversion van, because our truck seats 8. I hope that last spot is my baby girl seat! Lol.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Yes and that may be my problem with it. I don't want people thinking she is named after her.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
ThreeMenAndALady don't worry about the scull theory. But if you are obsessing have you looked at your other baby's scans to compare at all? xx

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Yes and that may be my problem with it. I don't want people thinking she is named after her.

My first thought was that your dh must like the religious connection. I can't separate the name from Mary Magdalene, either.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Lol we have ONE seat left and its going to this baby. Any more kids and we'd need a conversion van, because our truck seats 8. I hope that last spot is my baby girl seat! Lol.

Defiantly a girl seat then!!!!! xx

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I don't know he isn't very religious and I'm not Christian at all so I don't think the name would work. Seeing as how it's the only association with the name.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah shell I agree it's a girls seat!

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Hahahaha I've just flipped a coin and it landed 4 times heads and only once tails. Do you recon that's a sign!! Lol

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Hahaha tiff! A sign you need a 5th!

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Was it tails last?

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Nope :( second to last but still in there!! Suppose its a 50/50 game lol xx

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Rosie it just seems like an easy name to make fun of bc of that :x it's not that I don't like the "sound" of it

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I don't know he isn't very religious and I'm not Christian at all so I don't think the name would work. Seeing as how it's the only association with the name.

Here (and keep in mind that I am in south Texas) I have known several little girls with the name, but they have all been from devout Catholic families and have gone by Meg or Maggie. One was Dala. So that is why the association is so strongly tied to religion with me.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
I really don't want it to have strong religious ties, Garg. Time for a new name.

mummypink
October 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
lol We have a 9 seater but we definitely will NOT be looking to fill them all haha!! ;D

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I really don't want it to have strong religious ties, Garg. Time for a new name.

I love Margaret. It was actually on my list for my first dd, who ended up being Charlotte.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Lol I like the name Charlotte but we live in Charlotte so that wouldn't work

TT_3814
October 26th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Hi ladies, may I join in?

I'm due 4/19/13 with a surprise miracle baby. I'm team green but DH doesn't want to join me. I have a weak cervix that's been stitched closed since 12.3 weeks but now that I'm actually in the second tri, I'm really worried for the baby. Trying to be as positive as I can...

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Tiifani - you, me coocoo, mrshonyez, and grace can all meet back and TTC again together. What is your timing....and I'm not kidding around! I asked AS when the best time to get a girl is and she did say right after having a baby so I am thinking of vitex and spermicide being my form of contraception after this little Brady or Eli is born!

AM I INSANE FOR THINKING THIS? I mean....what if I were to get pregnant when the baby is only 3 months old or something??????????????????????????????????

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Welcome tt xx

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Welcome to the group TT, congrats on the baby! Sorry to hear about the complications, hopefully all will stay well and there will be nothing to worry about. We are here for support though!!

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Tiifani - you, me coocoo, mrshonyez, and grace can all meet back and TTC again together. What is your timing....and I'm not kidding around! I asked AS when the best time to get a girl is and she did say right after having a baby so I am thinking of vitex and spermicide being my form of contraception after this little Brady or Eli is born!

AM I INSANE FOR THINKING THIS? I mean....what if I were to get pregnant when the baby is only 3 months old or something??????????????????????????????????

Omg I've been wondering the exact same thing plus was thinking I bet the best time to ttc for a girl is after you have a baby. Was going to ask her to do me a plan now start vitex as soon as the baby is here then see how I feel for a few months???? What were you thinking of doing nc? xx

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Welcome TT!

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Do you nurse your babies NC? I never start ovulating until about 10 months pp

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Omg I've been wondering the exact same thing plus was thinking I bet the best time to ttc for a girl is after you have a baby. Was going to ask her to do me a plan now start vitex as soon as the baby is here then see how I feel for a few months???? What were you thinking of doing nc? xx

This is my tentative plan...breastfeed, vitex, spermcide, refresh, and LE diet (coffee in the AM, light lunch, light dinner with a little meat...but not much...I want to lose weight especially after having a baby and going into the summer), drop temping, OPKs, and frequency. See what happens for a while!

I did breastfeed with both boys, but I had to pump b/c I work (from home at least) but for me it is easier to feed on the boob and pump too. With DS1, AF came back at 4 months and with DS2, it came back at 3 months but then I got an IUD.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 01:27 PM
This is my tentative plan...breastfeed, vitex, spermcide, refresh, and LE diet (coffee in the AM, light lunch, light dinner with a little meat...but not much...I want to lose weight especially after having a baby and going into the summer), drop temping, OPKs, and frequency. See what happens for a while!

I did breastfeed with both boys, but I had to pump b/c I work (from home at least) but for me it is easier to feed on the boob and pump too. With DS1, AF came back at 4 months and with DS2, it came back at 3 months but then I got an IUD.

Sounds good hun nice and relaxed!!!!!
I was thinking vitex, Breastfeed, diet but not as mad as I went this time like you just have a little meat with dinner. Silk/rephesh and defiantly keep everything chilled not ttc as such but be bodily prepared if it does!!!
The only thing is I have to eat so much to keep feeding only managed 8 weeks till it completely dried up with ds3. So slightly worried about that! xx

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
You ladies are brave. I think I will quit if this one isn't a girl. I really will have to get used to three boys, I don't know if I could handle 4 of them at any point. Sometimes I want to cry with just my two! haha

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Sounds good hun nice and relaxed!!!!!
I was thinking vitex, Breastfeed, diet but not as mad as I went this time like you just have a little meat with dinner. Silk/rephesh and defiantly keep everything chilled not ttc as such but be bodily prepared if it does!!!
The only thing is I have to eat so much to keep feeding only managed 8 weeks till it completely dried up with ds3. So slightly worried about that! xx

Exactly!!! TTC, but not really TTC hardcore. I dried up by 6 months..but I wasn't eating or drinking much. Drinking water always helps some! But at least with breastfeeding, you are naturally giving out what you eat so you can have more flexibility with calories and fat! I am so glad I'm not the only one thinking like this. LOL!!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM
You ladies are brave. I think I will quit if this one isn't a girl. I really will have to get used to three boys, I don't know if I could handle 4 of them at any point. Sometimes I want to cry with just my two! haha

I think I have lost it at this point! I cried yesterday for like an hour b/c of my crazy boys! LOL!!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Keep popping those babies out!!!!

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Exactly!!! TTC, but not really TTC hardcore. I dried up by 6 months..but I wasn't eating or drinking much. Drinking water always helps some! But at least with breastfeeding, you are naturally giving out what you eat so you can have more flexibility with calories and fat! I am so glad I'm not the only one thinking like this. LOL!!!!

Lol we need to start a thread for ttc when pg lmao! I don't know how I'll feel once he's here but I think maybe planning it all out will help me focus on something other an being upset about what gender he is and give me a better change of my girl!! Im not sure if dh will really agree to having a baby that quick but if we're not actually trying can't do any harm!!!!!!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Okay, 3m, I couldn't find Dawson's Creek, so I am curled up in bed watching Felicity. ;)

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 01:49 PM
NC if it makes you feel better my friend has a girl and a boy. Her girl is the crazy one. She chucks lamps across the room and has a temper like no other. She is constantly being punished it seems.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Just thinking about having another boy makes me want to cry and throw up hahahaha. It is probably because I am pregnant and in pain but the thought of another trouble maker makes my stomach roll. I am sure it wouldn't be like that but the unknown is scary!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Okay, 3m, I couldn't find Dawson's Creek, so I am curled up in bed watching Felicity. ;)

That is my all time FAVORITE show!!!! I love it!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Lol we need to start a thread for ttc when pg lmao! I don't know how I'll feel once he's here but I think maybe planning it all out will help me focus on something other an being upset about what gender he is and give me a better change of my girl!! Im not sure if dh will really agree to having a baby that quick but if we're not actually trying can't do any harm!!!!!!

OMG....I seriously am laughing so hard! This is too funny. See...we can stress and swaycess now when it doesn't matter. And then you can always play the..."but I was breastfeeding and didn't think I could get preggo" card to anyone who thinks you're crazy for having another one. My sister claimed that with her DD3...I knew it was BS but everyone else believed her!!

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 02:28 PM
OMG....I seriously am laughing so hard! This is too funny. See...we can stress and swaycess now when it doesn't matter. And then you can always play the..."but I was breastfeeding and didn't think I could get preggo" card to anyone who thinks you're crazy for having another one. My sister claimed that with her DD3...I knew it was BS but everyone else believed her!!

Lol lets do it!!!!!! Yes I'm gonna use that one too! My sil has had 2 dd whiles bf and my other sil had a girl and fell pg 4 months after her dd so I think it's the way to go!!! Not sure where we should post the thread though! Lmao! xx

mummypink
October 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Welcome TT! x

The rest of you are definitely crazy lol!! ;) We started ttc when ds1 was just 7 months old and fell pregnant the second month of ttc and looking back now at photos I realise why people thought I was so crazy haha!! ;)
Worked out well now though as they are such good friends, I couldn't do it again though it was so hard being pregnant with a baby to look after.

I'd also be too scared of having another boy, but then again if you want to go for one more then why not?! At least you get the baby stages over and done with at pretty much the same time. Better than waiting a year or so and then having another when you've had 3+ kids as I imagine it must feel like you've never got out of the baby stage.

I know it isn't going to happen but I would just love it if you all popped out a baby girl and proved the u/s techs wrong! =) xxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Lol lets do it!!!!!! Yes I'm gonna use that one too! My sil has had 2 dd whiles bf and my other sil had a girl and fell pg 4 months after her dd so I think it's the way to go!!! Not sure where we should post the thread though! Lmao! xx

Maybe we can start it where the Lazy Swayers post is....call it the Preggo Planners - Secret Swaying After Birth!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah....my sister has a 3.5 yr old, 1 yr old, and 3 mo old...all girls. #2 and #3 were conceived while breastfeeding. And...you have no sleep which sways....diet is terrible b/c lack of sleep. Seems perfect!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
That is my all time FAVORITE show!!!! I love it!

A cool, dark, windy day and Noel. ;) The only thing that would make it better is a pumpkin spice latte and a slice of pumpkin bread. Lol.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Maybe we can start it where the Lazy Swayers post is....call it the Preggo Planners - Secret Swaying After Birth!

Yeah lol sounds good :) I'll be there with you ;) xx

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Do you nurse your babies NC? I never start ovulating until about 10 months pp

Man, mine didn't return until my son was like... um, 22-23 months? I guess he's 33 months now (2 years, 9 months) and I got my period back last year in September. I only got it back when I stopped pumping at work. However, in the UK you have up to a year maternity leave, and I was on maternity leave for 10 months... so I was feeding on demand for that long, and then I was feeding on demand at home but then also still pumping at work (I was still bringing pumped milk for him to his childminder to drink well beyond a year... until he was 20 months probably... because I figured why give him cow milk when I still make human milk? Heh.)

Finally I dropped the pumping at work (it's nice I am allowed to pump at work however long... I got paid for that time, which also helped encouraging me to continue!) and my period returned about a month later!

Although, even now, I am still breastfeeding! So that is I suppose one part of my sway... hope it's helpful?

The same will probably happen with me again next time (my period taking like two years to start again)... maybe!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
3M&AL - I hope you are out preparing for the storm up there. It doesn't look good for you!!

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Oh yeah....my sister has a 3.5 yr old, 1 yr old, and 3 mo old...all girls. #2 and #3 were conceived while breastfeeding. And...you have no sleep which sways....diet is terrible b/c lack of sleep. Seems perfect!

Sounds perfect to me. That's so not fair that your sister got 3 girls what are the odds of that!!!
My sil was telling me to she want to go for her 6th baby in the next couple of years and she really wants a boy but in her words oh but I'll end up with another girl! She made me so mad! She has 2ds and 3dd really why be picky honestly I could have slapped her!!! xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Sounds perfect to me. That's so not fair that your sister got 3 girls what are the odds of that!!!
My sil was telling me to she want to go for her 6th baby in the next couple of years and she really wants a boy but in her words oh but I'll end up with another girl! She made me so mad! She has 2ds and 3dd really why be picky honestly I could have slapped her!!! xx

That is so annoying!!!! I can already hear the comments...."your sister has 3 DDs and you have 3DSs how funny is that?" I really thought I would never be in this situation....she really wants a DS so feel bad (in a way) for her too.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Wow suregena your one amazing bf queen! I only bf ds1 for 6 months ds2 for 4 months and ds3 for 2 months. Hopefully I can do it this time a little longer plus get pg as well lol xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 03:37 PM
3M&AL - I hope you are out preparing for the storm up there. It doesn't look good for you!!

It keeps changing. But I'll be out the door in the morning to do more food shopping.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
That is so annoying!!!! I can already hear the comments...."your sister has 3 DDs and you have 3DSs how funny is that?" I really thought I would never be in this situation....she really wants a DS so feel bad (in a way) for her too.

Does she want anymore children then? You could swap tips and diets and maybe dh's sperm maybe that ones a bit far but if you were desperate!!! Lmao

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:40 PM
It keeps changing. But I'll be out the door in the morning to do more food shopping.

Last I saw it is likely to make landfall in NJ but it is so widespread that flooding and wind are going to be an issue. And, it is going to last for days so that really makes it bad for power outages. Get lots of nonperishable food and water. My crazy MIL called me this AM and had me in tears saying that it was coming our way and to cancel the boys' b-day party tomorrow. This party is EXPENSIVE and with my emotions running wild, set me off in tears! But, it doesn't look too bad for us down here...just windy and rainy from now until Wed!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I'm worried about Halloween. My guys are so excited.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I hate to tell you girl but I was breastfeeding when i conceived ds2. My kids always nurse for a long time, they are 23 months apart. I'm nursing still now too who knows if it swayed but I don't count on it.
My BFF also had her Ds while nursing her dd still.

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:55 PM
I'm worried about Halloween. My guys are so excited.

I know...that stinks!!!!!!! It is supposed to be just windy and cold on Wednesday here...praying it changes some more for you!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks. You seem like you're doing better today. I LOVE the name Eli!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I hate to tell you girl but I was breastfeeding when i conceived ds2. My kids always nurse for a long time, they are 23 months apart. I'm nursing still now too who knows if it swayed but I don't count on it.
My BFF also had her Ds while nursing her dd still.

I know it isn't the magic bullet! Just thinking get pg while body is still in shock (6 months or so after birth) from everything could sway girl!

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Sorry the storm is hitting you Beachy :/ I just saw that on the news

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 04:00 PM
Sorry the storm is hitting you Beachy :/ I just saw that on the news

uh oh....please tell me it didn't change!!!!

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Thats a good point , I think the few people I know with kids that close had girls. Hahaha except in DH's family , of course ahhhh

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Oh maybe I'm outdated!! Haha sorry!

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
My news says sat/sun/mon for bc cost

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Nc coast .. Stupid auto correct

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yucky storms. Here we have freezing cold temps and heavy wind with snowflakes. It is NASTY outside.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Rosie it that going on right now?

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 04:35 PM
THe nasty cold weather? Yup. Actually it snowed yesterday but it all melted.

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks. You seem like you're doing better today. I LOVE the name Eli!!!

I woke up this AM really sad and cried for the first part of the day and then I went and picked up the boys from preschool and they were so sweet and we talked about the baby and I realized it will all be OK. Then I started thinking about my plan for #4 and it got me feeling much better!

auroara78
October 26th, 2012, 04:55 PM
NC, just for some perspective, I was really crushed when I found out DS2 was a boy. It wasn't that I didn't want a boy, it was just making me obsessive that I wanted to "lock in" at least one daughter. After I found out DS2 was a boy we went out to eat and I was so glum my DH said "look we can try again for a girl..." and I was still pregnant with DS2 when I was trying to figure out the hows and when of concieving my DD. There is a 3 and a half year gap between DS1 and 2; DD was concieved when DS2 was almost 8 monhs old, but sitll 7 months old!! Right now, living it, it is pretty crazy, DS2 is still in diapers and gets annoyed when I'm feeding the baby a lot, but my DH helps out a lot with DS2 and DS1 helps too, but I really feel like not giving my body time to recover from DS2's pregnancy really really swayed for me at least!

After the c-section, I felt it...I bouced back really fast from DS1 and 2's c-sections and pregnancy, but this one has been tough, but the reward has been so worth it...everyday I marvel and it amazes me that I actually have a daughter--that she is here in the flesh. It also made me appreciate my boys in new ways, and helped clear up the fog of longing.

I think your new sway plan sounds fabulous, and I know BF'ing isn't a magic pink bullet, but it does seem to sway pink quite often. As far as timing goes, my DH and I prob got pregnant with Lillian with sex in the am of the day I ovulated. I think timing is totally worthless. I think maternal condition/diet reigns supreme over anything else.

BTW, I am such a thread stalker! You guys are all sooo funny, and I love reading this thread!

Good luck tomorrow Rosie, I pray you will hear pink and go shopping...and Tiff, I def. think you should consider going for a 5th. My sister has 5 (1 DD, 4 boys after) and she loves having 5 and says that it's not any harder than 4, so I guess see how 4 goes and then add on if you really want to follow your dream. I can say in all honesty that I am so happy we went and tried again and had DD.

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Yucky storms. Here we have freezing cold temps and heavy wind with snowflakes. It is NASTY outside.

Don't you just hate that? It's like.. can we get through Halloween and Thanksgiving first before the dang snow arrives? :p

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Wow suregena your one amazing bf queen! I only bf ds1 for 6 months ds2 for 4 months and ds3 for 2 months. Hopefully I can do it this time a little longer plus get pg as well lol xx

I just decided nothing else would do, and it was all I did... I'm not sure what the protocol is in US Hospitals or elsewhere, but here it's important to begin breastfeeding after birth ASAP after birth... and, well, not do timed feeds... only feed on demand. And no supplementation. It's a give and take and if you don't tell your body to make it, it will start to decrease. So since I have such a big interest in pregnancy/birth/beyond, I was pretty read up on it and knew what I wanted and was going to do... and did, it's awesome. I'll support you with this bub! <3 <3 Let me know if you ever need any advice! :)

I want to become (in the short-term goal) a doula and lactation consultant... and in a long-term goal, a midwife.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:01 PM
I wish it would wait until the day before Christmas Eve to snow..... haha

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I just decided nothing else would do, and it was all I did... I'm not sure what the protocol is in US Hospitals or elsewhere, but here it's important to begin breastfeeding after birth ASAP after birth... and, well, not do timed feeds... only feed on demand. And no supplementation. It's a give and take and if you don't tell your body to make it, it will start to decrease. So since I have such a big interest in pregnancy/birth/beyond, I was pretty read up on it and knew what I wanted and was going to do... and did, it's awesome. I'll support you with this bub! <3 <3 Let me know if you ever need any advice! :)

I want to become (in the short-term goal) a doula and lactation consultant... and in a long-term goal, a midwife.

My little guy who's 2.5 still demands to nurse even though I swear there is nothing in there! :( I feel bad for him, and tell him that baby sister needs it to grow. He still does it though, it puzzles me! I guess it's the closeness and comfort bond.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Ya know I could probably kick myself right now. When DS2 was 3 months old our contraception failed...I took the morning after pill because the last thing I wanted was to get pregnant. It probably would have been my girl :-(

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Ya know I could probably kick myself right now. When DS2 was 3 months old our contraception failed...I took the morning after pill because the last thing I wanted was to get pregnant. It probably would have been my girl :-(

So is your scan today or tmw? I was thinking Friday for some reason. You still have a great chance of having a girl in there woman!

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I wish it would wait until the day before Christmas Eve to snow..... haha

ME TOO!!!! And along with it a short Winter! :)

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yeah my scan is tomorrow. We chose Saturday so Dh could be there and the boys too. They have the ultrasound thing hooked up to large screen tvs and couches in the room so you can bring up to 6 people with.

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah my scan is tomorrow. We chose Saturday so Dh could be there and the boys too. They have the ultrasound thing hooked up to large screen tvs and couches in the room so you can bring up to 6 people with.

That's neat! The place we went to was like that too. My DH did a great job keeping the boys in the room! At first I thought it was a burden that we couldn't get a sitter but in the end I realized that it is special that they get to see their baby sibling and are somewhat interested the first few mins lol. I am also thanking the Lord that I've been able to have 2 medical/anatomy scans and now one more because she's so stubborn and won't let them see how close she is to my cervix! And the boys get to go each time. :)
I can't wait until your scan tmw! How many hrs now?

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 05:22 PM
My little guy who's 2.5 still demands to nurse even though I swear there is nothing in there! :( I feel bad for him, and tell him that baby sister needs it to grow. He still does it though, it puzzles me! I guess it's the closeness and comfort bond.

Totally the closeness/comfort. As long as it's still mutual, no reason to stop, even if nothing is coming out! Do you think you'll tandem nurse with you girl or are you going to kind of stick with the 'don't offer/ask' unless he asks until he stops?

I'm going with the flow... I figure if he still asks to nurse, then I'll let him. He still gets one nurse a night (he asks.) I've noticed a decrease in my milk and my boobs are achey but so far it's been okay. And so I very well may end up tandem nursing.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:23 PM
My scan is at 10:45am my time--central time zone. So what 16 hours to go or so! Like I posted on another thread I won't be home until around 3 or 4 pm though so I won't be able to update untl then since I don't have internet on my phone.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM
NC, just for some perspective, I was really crushed when I found out DS2 was a boy. It wasn't that I didn't want a boy, it was just making me obsessive that I wanted to "lock in" at least one daughter. After I found out DS2 was a boy we went out to eat and I was so glum my DH said "look we can try again for a girl..." and I was still pregnant with DS2 when I was trying to figure out the hows and when of concieving my DD. There is a 3 and a half year gap between DS1 and 2; DD was concieved when DS2 was almost 8 monhs old, but sitll 7 months old!! Right now, living it, it is pretty crazy, DS2 is still in diapers and gets annoyed when I'm feeding the baby a lot, but my DH helps out a lot with DS2 and DS1 helps too, but I really feel like not giving my body time to recover from DS2's pregnancy really really swayed for me at least!

After the c-section, I felt it...I bouced back really fast from DS1 and 2's c-sections and pregnancy, but this one has been tough, but the reward has been so worth it...everyday I marvel and it amazes me that I actually have a daughter--that she is here in the flesh. It also made me appreciate my boys in new ways, and helped clear up the fog of longing.

I think your new sway plan sounds fabulous, and I know BF'ing isn't a magic pink bullet, but it does seem to sway pink quite often. As far as timing goes, my DH and I prob got pregnant with Lillian with sex in the am of the day I ovulated. I think timing is totally worthless. I think maternal condition/diet reigns supreme over anything else.

BTW, I am such a thread stalker! You guys are all sooo funny, and I love reading this thread!

Good luck tomorrow Rosie, I pray you will hear pink and go shopping...and Tiff, I def. think you should consider going for a 5th. My sister has 5 (1 DD, 4 boys after) and she loves having 5 and says that it's not any harder than 4, so I guess see how 4 goes and then add on if you really want to follow your dream. I can say in all honesty that I am so happy we went and tried again and had DD.

Thank you sweetie I'm defiantly going to go for it. It's in my mind now, I guess it will be hard but my two older boys are so helpful and ds1 loves babies he did say a couple of months ago he want me to have two babies so he might just get his wish lol

Suregena thank you I will call you when I'm in labor you can pop round and deliver my baby it can be your first project!!!!! Lol.
With the bf yeah will probably be quizzing you all the time. Thank you hun xx

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I think my boys will like getting to see the baby on tv as DS1 calls it. He is a little confused and keeps asking if the baby is coming home with us. Nope not until spring!!! it is nice they provide places like that though because they are not allowed in the scan room at the clinic.

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I asked my little psychic DS1 if we had another baby what would it be and he said girl so now it is a sealed deal! I told DH my plan and he just laughed.

He still doesn't know I know this is a boy....seeing him cheers me up so I haven't been sad around him at all.

Yay Tiffani! Let's do this together girl!

NCBeachyGrl
October 26th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you auroara! I really appreciate all your support! We love having you on this thread so crash anytime!!!

Good luck Rosie...you HAVE to hear pink. I really think you will. I have a good feeling about you!!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM

I just started the process to become a LLLI leader for that reason... I don't have the medical background to make accreditation as a lactation consultant "easy," so being a volunteer consultant is my first step.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I hope so NC! Everyone seems to have a good feeling about me hearing pink which I appreciate! Just hope not to let ya'll down!

I agree Auroura stop by lots, we love to talk! haha I think the 243 pages proves it.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Suregena thank you I will call you when I'm in labor you can pop round and deliver my baby it can be your first project!!!!! Lol.
With the bf yeah will probably be quizzing you all the time. Thank you hun xx

Heeheeh! Breastfeeding is so easy... I would love to help you any way I can, obviously over the internet - but you know!

Any particular reason why you breastfed shorter each child? Not dissing! I'm just curious if there was a reason behind it... i.e. if it was because of issues I'd be curious to hear because sometimes I can point stuff out.

It's like my aunt... she was saying she just didn't make enough milk. The first question I asked her was when she first tried to breastfeed after my cousin's birth, and she said, "Over 24 hours later... they kept her in the nursery so I could sleep." and I told her that might have caused a rocky start *maybe* because the necessary immediate hormone response didn't happen immediately. It's not something that's magic, but waiting that long to breastfeed after birth would, to me, send the wrong signals to your body when it is at its most cocktail-y of hormones.

I usually explain supplementation like... 1 supplementation feed = 1+ less breastmilk feed.

Gosh, there are so many 'booby traps' in early breastfeeding (especially in the US because of things like getting constant free formula samples, etc. When you're in those early hard days/moments when you just want to give up, cry, curl into a ball and sleep... it makes it so tempting, like a big relief... but it doesn't help and hinders, instead.)

I'm rammmmmmmbling!

I guess I am a BF queen, haha.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I just started the process to become a LLLI leader for that reason... I don't have the medical background to make accreditation as a lactation consultant "easy," so being a volunteer consultant is my first step.

I don't have medical background, either... so I should say that I would take a similar process. Part of doula courses are courses in breastfeeding. I'm all over it! Er, after the next baby! :)

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I asked my little psychic DS1 if we had another baby what would it be and he said girl so now it is a sealed deal! I told DH my plan and he just laughed.

He still doesn't know I know this is a boy....seeing him cheers me up so I haven't been sad around him at all.

Yay Tiffani! Let's do this together girl!

Yay for ds1 love him! Yeah let's do this!!! I'm not gonna tell dh, he won't mind lol xx

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I don't have medical background, either... so I should say that I would take a similar process. Part of doula courses are courses in breastfeeding. I'm all over it! Er, after the next baby! :)

I'm actually thinking of doing a doula workshop in Austin, but right now I know that I wouldn't be able to be a birth doula. DH is gone too much and I will be attached to a baby for the next couple of years, but it seems like a good time to start the process. I suppose I could do post-partum work, because that would be easier to schedule. We'll see.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:48 PM
I need help breastfeeding too!

I don't make milk period. I try breastfeeding right away and pumping. Neither of my boys latched but I had the shield and pumped. I did it every 2 hours faithfully. No matter what I never ever made more than 2 ounces in my left breast and only could get 1/2 ounce in my right. All milk flow seems to stop around 8 weeks or sooner. Doc thinks its something wrong with me. Also it is EXTREMELY painful. My grandma had a super super hard time producing and my mom and two of my aunts were "dry" as well. Should I just give up trying? I tried supplements and different recipes, pills...you name it. NOthing touched my supply amount.

TT_3814
October 26th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Thank you ladies! :)

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 05:54 PM

I don't make milk period. I try breastfeeding right away and pumping. Neither of my boys latched but I had the shield and pumped. I did it every 2 hours faithfully. No matter what I never ever made more than 2 ounces in my left breast and only could get 1/2 ounce in my right. All milk flow seems to stop around 8 weeks or sooner. Doc thinks its something wrong with me. Also it is EXTREMELY painful. My grandma had a super super hard time producing and my mom and two of my aunts were "dry" as well. Should I just give up trying? I tried supplements and different recipes, pills...you name it. NOthing touched my supply amount.

Some people (me included) don't respond well to the pump. If I just looked at what I pumped, I would think that I didn't have milk, but I have exclusively bf two of my babies and they gained more weight faster than the charts said they should, so we knew I had it. If you can get the next baby to latch, you may find that your body responds better to a baby than to a machine.

Was your pain from trying to get the baby to latch, or from the pump?

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 05:57 PM

It could be all sorts of things... I think there is a genuinely small percentage of women who can't produce enough. Have you read kellymom before? Were you sure you had a good latch? Breastfeeding should not be painful, i.e. not really beyond a couple weeks. The baby and you are learning simultaneously and getting that latch just right makes all the difference... in milk flow, milk stimulation, etc.

Do you know about foremilk/hindmilk? Have you tried laying skin to skin as OFTEN as possible and feeding more frequently then every 2 hours? Did you feed on one side *only* until baby seemed satisfied, even if that took 50 minutes, and even then did you still offer the other breast? I'm not sure what kind of suggestions/help you got but there is so much bad info out there, even by medical professionals...

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/insufficient-glandular-tissue/

Do you have small breasts/very little tissue?

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
OH... also, the pump is a terrible indicator of how much milk you are making!!! I cannot stress this enough! A baby's ability to suck and create suction is FAR, FAR superior to a pump. Even if you get 1 drop of milk with a pump, that baby is very likely getting much, much more than that.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I have not read anything from there. My breasts are 38/40 DD's so nope they are not small. Maybe it is my nipples....

I hope the next baby latches, I bet it would make all the difference.

TT_3814
October 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
I don't do very well with pumping either. It was such a struggle with DS3 in the nicu, by the time he could latch successfully my supply was practically gone. My doula and I tried so hard but it didn't recover. Like Shell said, hopefully your new little one will latch well and your supply will turn out great.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 06:03 PM
Heeheeh! Breastfeeding is so easy... I would love to help you any way I can, obviously over the internet - but you know!

Any particular reason why you breastfed shorter each child? Not dissing! I'm just curious if there was a reason behind it... i.e. if it was because of issues I'd be curious to hear because sometimes I can point stuff out.

It's like my aunt... she was saying she just didn't make enough milk. The first question I asked her was when she first tried to breastfeed after my cousin's birth, and she said, "Over 24 hours later... they kept her in the nursery so I could sleep." and I told her that might have caused a rocky start *maybe* because the necessary immediate hormone response didn't happen immediately. It's not something that's magic, but waiting that long to breastfeed after birth would, to me, send the wrong signals to your body when it is at its most cocktail-y of hormones.

I usually explain supplementation like... 1 supplementation feed = 1+ less breastmilk feed.

Gosh, there are so many 'booby traps' in early breastfeeding (especially in the US because of things like getting constant free formula samples, etc. When you're in those early hard days/moments when you just want to give up, cry, curl into a ball and sleep... it makes it so tempting, like a big relief... but it doesn't help and hinders, instead.)

I'm rammmmmmmbling!

I guess I am a BF queen, haha.

Well ds1 I wanted to go back to work so stopped at 6 months.
Ds2 developed reflux at 3 months and would feed him and end up with it all over me and then he'd be hungry again I found it so hard and draining trying to keep up with his feeds finally the doctors listened to me and gave him meds after a month and in that time i had started giving him formula just to cope with the constant feeding and then just gave up.
Ds3 I'm not really sure why maybe I wasn't eating enough I thought I was but he was such a hungry baby I would feed him and he would still be wanting more and there was nothing left so gave him one bottle of formula during the day for a week and by the end of the week my milk had nearly completely gone!! So again just stopped and was so much less stressed.
Sorry for all the info or ramble!!! xx

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I have not read anything from there. My breasts are 38/40 DD's so nope they are not small. Maybe it is my nipples....

I hope the next baby latches, I bet it would make all the difference.

Study-study-study NOW! Your breasts are the same cup size as mine. (I'm about a 34DD.) Read kellymom when you have spare time - seriously, just read-read-read. Get all of the *proper* information into your head - it very likely will help immensely.

What are your nipples like? Even women with inverted nipples go on to successfully breastfeed--and in fact, that can help reverse their inverted nipples.

I've heard of health professionals suggesting women switch sides every ten minutes, which is TERRIBLE advice. The baby would never get hindmilk and only foremilk with that sort of pattern, for the most part, and the hindmilk is where all the fat is... the foremilk is like the part that is helpful for thirst (it's more watery.) I've heard of doctors giving bogus, unhelpful lines/advice about why a woman might be struggling... FAMILY are bad ones, too, even though they mean well. What is understood about the science of breastfeeding is so much better (in areas with people who are very serious/educated about breastfeeding) these days then it ever was.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Well they are not inverted but they don't stick out super far either.

I will start reading all I can, thank you!

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Well ds1 I wanted to go back to work so stopped at 6 months.
Ds2 developed reflux at 3 months and would feed him and end up with it all over me and then he'd be hungry again I found it so hard and draining trying to keep up with his feeds finally the doctors listened to me and gave him meds after a month and in that time i had started giving him formula just to cope with the constant feeding and then just gave up.
Ds3 I'm not really sure why maybe I wasn't eating enough I thought I was but he was such a hungry baby I would feed him and he would still be wanting more and there was nothing left so gave him one bottle of formula during the day for a week and by the end of the week my milk had nearly completely gone!! So again just stopped and was so much less stressed.
Sorry for all the info or ramble!!! xx

Oh, dear. :(

That's the thing - they will seem ravenous seemingly *all the time*... you just have to sit your butt on the couch and give in to that hunger. The hunger is not because you are not able to give him enough - it's the opposite... it's because their stomach is TINY, so they can only fit so much, and because breastmilk is the most gentle, wonderful, super easily digestible food for a baby, it will literally go right through their digestive tract - and therefore, they will be hungry again. There is always milk 'left', you just can't get it out like your bub. There are also growth spurt periods where you do feel like you literally have no more... but those periods are actually THEM doing the work to signal your BODY to make MORE because their tummies are a little bigger and they are a little bigger and now their milk requirements have increased a little, so they get crazy-hungry and want feeding nonstop, but it's all part of the process for continuous, healthy, breastmilk production. And, unfortunately, all of these signs can be misinterpreted from the mother that it's *her* problem, that it's *her* fault, that she isn't making enough, that she isn't satisfying them enough... that is SO far from the truth, I'm afraid!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Rosie, if you're having pain with pumping and have large breasts, it is very likely you need larger flanges (the plastic part that surrounds your nipple). I can't say that for sure without seeing you in person, but its a common complaint. I'm a 36dd normally (38 e right now) and I get bad friction with the standard size flanges.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Well they are not inverted but they don't stick out super far either.

I will start reading all I can, thank you!

Well, let me just tell you - the baby doesn't latch onto the NIPPLE itself, they latch their mouth and create suction around the whole of or as much of the AREOLA as possible. The nipple should be entirely within the mouth and sort of pointing slightly upwards towards the roof of the mouth. One should always bring the baby to the breast, not the breast to the baby. Watch videos of proper latching and read kellymom, I promise you... it will help! <3

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:14 PM
You know I thought of that last time around Shell...perhaps I will order new ones just in case.

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
You know I thought of that last time around Shell...perhaps I will order new ones just in case.

That is the only real pain I have with bf -- I hate the stupid pump and apparently my body does, too.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM
The pump isn't nearly as painful as when baby is on the breast. It feels like fire a hundred times over when I use baby instead of pump.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I do get very weird crusty stuff in my nipples, like they are leaking something?? it happens 24/7 whether I am pregnant or not or breastfeeding or not. Anyone know what it is? I was wondering if that is an indication of something wrong or why I can't breastfeed.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:19 PM

Can I recommend *not* pumping in the beginning unless absolutely necessary and/or you are returning to work?

It just is not as good as the baby for telling the body how much milk to make. Also, early introduction to a bottle can totally screw with a baby's ability to learn to latch, as well. Artificial nipples are not shaped nor feel the same as a woman's nipple/area, and the milk flow is much faster with a bottle, so if you try to go from bottle to breast to bottle to breast (i.e. if you pumped milk to let daddy feed the baby), the baby will get used to the "fast" flow of the bottle that requires much less "work", and thus will become a bit more difficult to latch correctly (lazy latch) and they will be far more prone to getting "fussy" at the breast because it just won't 'behave' like the bottle does. By keeping them firmly at the breast, on demand, for as long as you can while they are a baby, they will never get the 'way' they get the milk mixed up and it will be far more beneficial towards the success of a breastfeeding relationship, in terms of not getting them confused.

Oh, goodness, that's a whole different topic! Ayyyyiiiiii! I could be here all night. :)

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I do get very weird crusty stuff in my nipples, like they are leaking something?? it happens 24/7 whether I am pregnant or not or breastfeeding or not. Anyone know what it is? I was wondering if that is an indication of something wrong or why I can't breastfeed.

What color is the crusty stuff? I get crusty stuff often but that's because I'm breastfeeding still. Sometimes it just gets dried up there.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
The pump isn't nearly as painful as when baby is on the breast. It feels like fire a hundred times over when I use baby instead of pump.

That description does sound normal *in the beginning* of breastfeeding... if it goes on longer than that, I assure you... it's the latch!

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Yeah I can try...the only reason I pumped to begin with is the baby would never latch well and the nurses go crazy on your ass. baby will starve baby will starve! argh.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM
What color is the crusty stuff? I get crusty stuff often but that's because I'm breastfeeding still. Sometimes it just gets dried up there.

hmmm like a greenish yellow brown , lol.

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Yeah I can try...the only reason I pumped to begin with is the baby would never latch well and the nurses go crazy on your ass. baby will starve baby will starve! argh.

What you could try... is hand express milk into a little cup or a syringe if you are still working on the latch... but stay away from the pump if you can. Through the frustration, just keep trying. Take breaks, but just continue to try to latch. You can pump but then that's like two less times your baby is stimulating your milk production... one for the pumping itself, two for giving your baby the pumped milk (all the while your baby missed out on two potential proper feeding sessions, equals potentially decreasing milk output.)

I remember (because my boobs were like 5x bigger than his little head! AND HARD AS A ROCK!) having a cry at one point because he was just not latching (I mean, they were huge... I couldn't blame him! His mouth was so tiny!) and I tried multiple holds and nothing was working. My mother held him while he cried, and I cried into my husband's shoulder. After my cry, my mom was like, "RIGHT. YOU HOLD YOUR BOOB. I WILL BRING OTIS TO YOUR BOOB. WE WILL GET THIS DONE!"

That was my only weak moment... but she got him on there and away we went. :) That was probably 3 days post partum... and my only weak time, but there are such little things that can throw you off. I needed my husband and my mom there, both as stubborn as me, to get that baby on my boob! :)

suregena
October 26th, 2012, 06:28 PM
hmmm like a greenish yellow brown , lol.

"Generally, a discharge from both breasts, or one that is yellow, green, blue, or black is due to benign causes. But if you have a clear, colorless, or bloody discharge, particularly if it is only coming from one breast and spontaneous, you should be concerned."

I just read that. You're probably okay! And I really doubt it would be an effect to your milk. You could investigate why you have the crusty stuff... but it might just be what's normal for you but not something that would hinder your ability to breastfeed.

Tiffani3
October 26th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Oh, dear. :(

That's the thing - they will seem ravenous seemingly *all the time*... you just have to sit your butt on the couch and give in to that hunger. The hunger is not because you are not able to give him enough - it's the opposite... it's because their stomach is TINY, so they can only fit so much, and because breastmilk is the most gentle, wonderful, super easily digestible food for a baby, it will literally go right through their digestive tract - and therefore, they will be hungry again. There is always milk 'left', you just can't get it out like your bub. There are also growth spurt periods where you do feel like you literally have no more... but those periods are actually THEM doing the work to signal your BODY to make MORE because their tummies are a little bigger and they are a little bigger and now their milk requirements have increased a little, so they get crazy-hungry and want feeding nonstop, but it's all part of the process for continuous, healthy, breastmilk production. And, unfortunately, all of these signs can be misinterpreted from the mother that it's *her* problem, that it's *her* fault, that she isn't making enough, that she isn't satisfying them enough... that is SO far from the truth, I'm afraid!

Thanks sweetie for your help hopefully this time I will get through that stage of it and continue on fx xx

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I wish i had my mom help me like that! I am glad you got it figured out and had such a lovely experience! I promise to stay away from the pump though this time!

I think maybe I will go in and get the nipple stuff checked out after birth. I just get a feeling about it....

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I am suddenly wishing I had nub shots so I could be somewhat prepared for tomorrow....I hate going in not having an inkling of a clue what is to be. I am scared. Probably not going to sleep at all tonight. I am still waiting to hear what my cousin is having, they were finding out today. I bet it's a girl...argh.

Cinss
October 26th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Goodluck for tomorrow Rosie, dont be scared its so exciting :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I am suddenly wishing I had nub shots so I could be somewhat prepared for tomorrow....I hate going in not having an inkling of a clue what is to be. I am scared. Probably not going to sleep at all tonight. I am still waiting to hear what my cousin is having, they were finding out today. I bet it's a girl...argh.

I'm actually glad I had nothing to nubsess over for a few weeks.. for real. It was nice to just go in there and do it! :)
It makes the surprise even better because you do have nothing to go off of.. I did however look at multiple nubs and scans on youtube before my big day so I knew what to look for. Even schooled DH so he knew what was up, and I saw the gender before the tech! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Rosie I'm getting a butterfly belly!! Can't wait till tommorow. Cinss is right, someone has to hear pink!!! I really hope we both do. And our buddy spinning. And Cinss can have the last boy..lol

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM
That is the best plan Three! I hope it's spot on!

TT_3814
October 26th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Good luck tomorrow, Rosie! :)

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Aww shell! I am an LLL leader :)

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM

GL tomorrow! I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Aww shell! I am an LLL leader :)

That is awesome! I'm having to work by email to get things started because the closest group is 2+ hours away.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 07:25 PM
@surgena - when too engorged its hard for baby to latch and I always suggest hand expressing or reverse pressure softening to help soften up the breast, just enough for baby to be able to latch.

As far as other advice, if anyone needs advice I suggest contacting an LLL leader in your area or an IBCLC and make sure they have that credential. An LC is not the same thing and too many times I've seen them give out bad advice. Help over the Internet is useful but sometimes there's a lot more to the story than just one thing and it helps to see latch etc first hand.

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Oh wow shell, that's far ! So do you ever get to go to meetings? I'm glad you are doing it , Maybe you can start some meetings in your area

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 07:39 PM
Oh wow shell, that's far ! So do you ever get to go to meetings? I'm glad you are doing it , Maybe you can start some meetings in your area

Rarely. That's the idea: I know there are other breastfeeding moms here, but there's no organized support other than a bf class at the hospital. When my last DS was born and I went back to work, I so needed an advocate and couldn't find anyone, and I really don't want that happening to anyone else. Too many docs here tell moms "you tried but you just can't do it... Here, have a box of similac."

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Thanks ladies! Can't wait to hopefully bring pink news tomorrow!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Rosie you start it, and I'll try to continue it...hopefully. :pray:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 07:55 PM
13 days!!! Seems like an eternity.

Rosie85
October 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Mine was 13 days away just yesterday, it will come fast!

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Rosie you start it, and I'll try to continue it...hopefully. :pray:

We need a string of pink news now!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 26th, 2012, 08:11 PM
WE DO SHELL!!!!!

spinningmadly
October 26th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I just threw up a bunch of bile :(

3girlsinarow
October 26th, 2012, 10:10 PM

Oh my word, had to jump in and say I LOVE FELICITY....my dh bought me the whole series when I graduated with my master's in 2005 and I swear I've watched the whole series through like once a year since then.....for some reason I have never gotten tired of that show or the characters....it's so strange it's like an escape back to college days, except that's strange for me to say bc I worked full time all through school and commuted to a smaller university...nothing like the Felicity characters at UNY. I guess it's like a nice escape from my own drama in life and being a part of someone else's....any of you ladies that are overly preoccupied with our current condition and details....I prescribe a Felicity marathon...you may temporarily stop worrying about your own life and start flipping out with Felicity about all her issues....Ben or Noel? ....Noel or Ben?.................:giggle:

Shellbelle
October 26th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Dr 3girls, I will fill that prescription immediately. ;) I was just thinking today about how much I used to envy Felicity for taking such a brave step by going to New York. She had her whole life in front of her, and could be whatever she wanted. <Sigh.> It always makes me wish I was in college again so I could go off to some big city for an adventure. ;) It first aired when I was getting my masters, and it still takes me back to that time in my life.

TT_3814
October 27th, 2012, 12:01 AM
I see a lot of marathons in my future! All seven seasons of Supernatural and watching my fave CW shows online. May even get reacquainted with my ps3..

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Who kept looking for Dawson's creek? I saw it was on Netflix today lol

mrshonyez
October 27th, 2012, 12:42 AM
I guess I have some shows to watch! I haven't seen any of the ones you ladies talk about lol!!

Welcome TT! And good luck tomorrow Rosie!!

NC, I love your plan ;) I'm not sure if I want to look into microsort or something in the future (although I doubt we could afford it) or just try again naturally. And my mom already begged me to wait until this one is at least 2 to try again lol. We live so far away its hard for her to get time to come up for the birth. But she's done it every time thankfully. And I don't know how breast feeding will go this time... DS1 was allergic to my milk and it got to the point where his body was eating away at his muscles and bones bc he was pretty much starved to death. It makes me cry every time I think about how skinny and frail he was. I didn't have a clue what was wrong, and didn't want to give up breast feeding and it took so long for him to get a diagnosis, but as soon as he did, he was put on Nutramigen (stinky, expensive formula!) He immediately took to it and started gaining weight. Then comes DS2 who wasn't allergic, but ended up failure to thrive as well. He couldn't get enough calories from my milk no matter what I tried. So I breast fed him until 11 months but just got tired of him being so small. He had fallen off the chart and his own growth pattern months before, so his ped, who is very pro- breast milk, prescribed him preemie high calorie formula. Now he's gaining well also. So DH and I have agreed if there are any problems this time, I won't let the baby suffer through it like the other 2 did.

homebirthing princess
October 27th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Just wanted to wish you luck for 2day Rosie, I'm sure you will hear the news u want!!! Think pink think pink!!! Xxx

Wishing4Pink
October 27th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Good luck today Rosie, got my fingers crossed for you! x

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I had major problems bf too with both my sons, over here 95% of women bf so I felt like a complete freak and was absolutely devastated :(

Both time I had them on the boob within minutes of giving birth, I fed on demand, I continuously asked for help while I was in hospital (you stay in for 3 to 4 days over here) to try and make sure I was doing it properly and even tried an electric breastpump in between feeds. Both times by day 3 the boys had lost more than 10% of their body weight and I was told I needed to give some formula to keep them healthy. They use a cup over here so they don't confuse them, so the baby basically laps the milk. Both times my boobs didn't change size hardly at all and my milk just didn't come in. I've got books, a dvd all sorts to try and help.

This time part of me doesn't want to go through the sadness again and I am partly tempted to just bottle feed from the start, but I am really hoping that my body will have got to grips with what to do this time and my milk will come in so I can successfully breastfeed this time.

I so wish bf was easy for me! Any advice is very welcome Suregena xx

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 03:49 AM
Good luck today Rosie xxx

auroara78
October 27th, 2012, 04:39 AM
TT, I've seen all seasons of Supernatural since the beginning, and let me tell you, I love the man eye candy on that show! The two brothers are hot, hot, hotties!!

Good luck on scan, Rosie, can't wait to hear your news!

auroara78
October 27th, 2012, 04:39 AM
it's 4:39 am here and I'm up because baby is like wide awake now...she's become a nite owl in the last few nites.... /sigh hehe

Tiffani3
October 27th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Good luck Rosie xx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 06:14 AM
@surgena - when too engorged its hard for baby to latch and I always suggest hand expressing or reverse pressure softening to help soften up the breast, just enough for baby to be able to latch.

Yes, I know! Believe me, I spent a lot of time in those pre-days where the milk had not regulated hand expressing, either in the bath or into a breastpad pre-feeding. My boobs were seriously huge!

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 06:19 AM
Too many docs here tell moms "you tried but you just can't do it... Here, have a box of similac."

Family do that as well, too, though! It's madness! Husbands, the mother's mother, aunts, friends, etc. Support is SO crucial in breastfeeding. So, so crucial. My mother and my husband both knew I did not want them to ever say that to me, ever... that we would persevere and get through it, even if I felt like I couldn't... I needed their voices to keep encouraging me.

Even if the mother is sobbing and at her wit's end, the *last* thing to ever do is tell her to "take a break and give formula, just this once..."
It's all it takes to create a spiral away from a successful breastfeeding. And when doctor's say/do those things, they are in a position of trust/power and a lot of people will follow what they say without finding another way.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 06:29 AM
I guess I have some shows to watch! I haven't seen any of the ones you ladies talk about lol!!

Welcome TT! And good luck tomorrow Rosie!!

NC, I love your plan ;) I'm not sure if I want to look into microsort or something in the future (although I doubt we could afford it) or just try again naturally. And my mom already begged me to wait until this one is at least 2 to try again lol. We live so far away its hard for her to get time to come up for the birth. But she's done it every time thankfully. And I don't know how breast feeding will go this time... DS1 was allergic to my milk and it got to the point where his body was eating away at his muscles and bones bc he was pretty much starved to death. It makes me cry every time I think about how skinny and frail he was. I didn't have a clue what was wrong, and didn't want to give up breast feeding and it took so long for him to get a diagnosis, but as soon as he did, he was put on Nutramigen (stinky, expensive formula!) He immediately took to it and started gaining weight. Then comes DS2 who wasn't allergic, but ended up failure to thrive as well. He couldn't get enough calories from my milk no matter what I tried. So I breast fed him until 11 months but just got tired of him being so small. He had fallen off the chart and his own growth pattern months before, so his ped, who is very pro- breast milk, prescribed him preemie high calorie formula. Now he's gaining well also. So DH and I have agreed if there are any problems this time, I won't let the baby suffer through it like the other 2 did.

Allergic to your breastmilk? From what I understand, that's not really possible (though doctor's have told mother's that often.) What can be the cause is the baby can have extreme sensitivity or allergy to things you eat, but that can be hard to pinpoint. So it isn't *your milk* per se, it's likely other things.

Also, I know in the UK they do it, but do they use 1 chart for weight gain in infants there or are there two? Here there is a growth/weight chart for formula fed infants and another one for breastfed infants, because both will grow/gain completely differently. The UK used to use a standard formula-fed infant one for all infants but then that made breastfed infants seem to be slow gainers and smaller so they went back and looked into it. For all I know, in the US it's likely possible they're still using a very general chart that may not correspond accurately for breastfed baby weight gain and growth.

Your milk will always make the right calories for your baby. The calories adjust constantly - they're never the same. Breastfed babies will not gain as fast nor as much as formula fed.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 06:38 AM
I had major problems bf too with both my sons, over here 95% of women bf so I felt like a complete freak and was absolutely devastated :(

Both time I had them on the boob within minutes of giving birth, I fed on demand, I continuously asked for help while I was in hospital (you stay in for 3 to 4 days over here) to try and make sure I was doing it properly and even tried an electric breastpump in between feeds. Both times by day 3 the boys had lost more than 10% of their body weight and I was told I needed to give some formula to keep them healthy. They use a cup over here so they don't confuse them, so the baby basically laps the milk. Both times my boobs didn't change size hardly at all and my milk just didn't come in. I've got books, a dvd all sorts to try and help.

This time part of me doesn't want to go through the sadness again and I am partly tempted to just bottle feed from the start, but I am really hoping that my body will have got to grips with what to do this time and my milk will come in so I can successfully breastfeed this time.

I so wish bf was easy for me! Any advice is very welcome Suregena xx

Did you feed as long as the baby required, even if it was for an hour? My son seriously would feed an hour sometimes... and I just let him. I suppose I lucked out because (my midwives were surprised), he didn't lose any weight at all... he only ever gained. He did have a syringe of my hand expressed milk once (oh, those early latching learning times!) but that was it.

Another suggestion for women having trouble with weight gain but that still want to breastfeed... a great thing to use is an SNS... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_nursing_system) because you can feed your child whatever - formula, breast milk, but the baby is still "feeding at your breast" so you breasts will always be stimulated... and hopefully it can lead to you not needing to use it and the baby able to feed from you directly. The stimulation is what helps get the milk going and in the early days, even though you are WHOA WHOA tired, feeding nonstop and being near your baby at all times is the best thing to do.

Did any of you use soothers from the get go, as well? That can cause latching issues, just like early introduction of a bottle, as well. Breastfeeding gets stimulation when it is used as a soother and for food. You can introduce a soother once breastfeeding is going well and firmly established, but it is probably best to not use it in the beginning... especially if you have a history of struggling with breastfeeding in the past. *Anything* that could get in the way of the baby's constant, round the clock access to the breast should be discouraged if possible. For some women, a dummy/pacifier/soother or early bottle introduction/pumping won't affect them at all... and for others, it can sometimes make breastfeeding that much harder to get going.

I was part of a breastfeeding group before I gave birth and I read about it heavily. I read about common concerns I'm reading here in breastfeeding communities and in articles, so they were always in my head when I began on my breastfeeding journey... and it helped me always find a way to correct what was seeming not right. I credit the immersing of myself in it to helping me carry on so successfully.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I need to STOP reading about symptoms going away. Ugh. :( I feel almost normal today, for the most part... it's freaking me out. Not that my symptoms have been that awful to begin with. :/

The midwife is coming over to my house tomorrow because two of the blood samples they took last week were rejected and they have to do it again, so I guess I'm just going to let them know I'm nervous. I know I won't get an ultrasound (it's only a couple weeks until I'm 12 weeks... just waiting for an appointment for that) but maybe they can tell me I'm most likely fine. :/ I have this horrible fear of the 12 week scan showing bad stuff... like a missed miscarriage. I cannot shake this paranoia!

Shellbelle
October 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Suregena, I completely understand the paranoia! I won't feel comfortable until I hear the hb in two weeks. I'm just refusing to look things up on google, because I know that whatever I find will make the fear worse.

I hope you feel more reassured after your visit!

Rosie85
October 27th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the support ladies, I am really hoping I am wrong in thinking I will hear blue today. Will update later in the afternoon.

Turning the page
October 27th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Good morning, ladies! I've been more a lurker than a poster since I've been on this site, but it's still been a great help for me. So I'm gonna jump in today...need some emotional support from some gals that understand! Struggling with whether or not to find out the gender these days; I had no intention of doing so, until I made the mistake of trying the Intelligender test yesterday...it said a very clear "boy" result, which has bummed me out far more than it should have.
Now, I'm tempted to take a "brief peek" at our 12 week NT scan in two weeks of the nub, just to get a general idea, without anyone saying anything to me. That way, if there's a clear nub, I can absorb the news without being directly "told". My DH thinks I'm crazy. Sigh. I will be blessed with a healthy baby of either gender. :)