PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Shellbelle
October 27th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the support ladies, I am really hoping I am wrong in thinking I will hear blue today. Will update later in the afternoon.

Hugs! At least it's only a few more hours!

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Did you feed as long as the baby required, even if it was for an hour? My son seriously would feed an hour sometimes... and I just let him. I suppose I lucked out because (my midwives were surprised), he didn't lose any weight at all... he only ever gained. He did have a syringe of my hand expressed milk once (oh, those early latching learning times!) but that was it.

Yep, with ds1 it was really hard as he was a very sleepy baby and not interested so I was having to put him to the boob every hour and strip him down to just his nappy to try and get him more alert to feed. I used the electric pump inbetween too to try and stimulate my supply more. My milk never came in properly. With ds2 he would feed for an hour or more, have half an hour break and feed for an hour again. I went with it for 6 weeks but he was never swallowing or making any noises that suggested he was actually getting any milk and when I tried to express there was hardly anything. Again I never got an increase in boob size, or a feeling of fullness as some women describe it when their milk came in. As both of them were quite small losing 10% of their body weight was quite a big deal and I didn't really want them to lose anymore. I don't think the bottle is given to babies so readily over here because they just expect you to be able to bf, but I was literally buzzing for a midwife every feed to ask if I was doing it right, if the position was ok etc and everyone said there shouldn't be a problem but there clearly was.

I'm thinking about taking a supplement this time to see if it helps but I'm not sure if there is anything safe to take during pregnancy, or if any of it actually works? Have you heard of anything you can recommend? x

Butterfly Spirit
October 27th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Good morning, ladies! I've been more a lurker than a poster since I've been on this site, but it's still been a great help for me. So I'm gonna jump in today...need some emotional support from some gals that understand! Struggling with whether or not to find out the gender these days; I had no intention of doing so, until I made the mistake of trying the Intelligender test yesterday...it said a very clear "boy" result, which has bummed me out far more than it should have.
Now, I'm tempted to take a "brief peek" at our 12 week NT scan in two weeks of the nub, just to get a general idea, without anyone saying anything to me. That way, if there's a clear nub, I can absorb the news without being directly "told". My DH thinks I'm crazy. Sigh. I will be blessed with a healthy baby of either gender. :)

Welcome to GD hon, please don't go off that silly intelligender test.. It's mostly been wrong as in giving women the opposite of what they are carrying more often than not. It's just not accurate..don't let it ruin your pregnancy. Even Pink Or Blue has been very wrong lately for women and that test is supposed to be high 90s accuracy rate. If you get your 12 week scan shot we would be happy to determine what we think, but don't feel absolutely obligated to get it.

Relax. Just enjoy your pregnancy! :)

homebirthing princess
October 27th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thinking of u Rosie xx

Mummy I'm sure raspberry leaf tablets can be used to help with milk supply, I always start taking them from 35wks to help me whilst in Labour and I also take them after the birth for milk supply and to help everything return to normal in there :) I've never had a problem with milk supply other then having far to much, I look like dolly parton the 1st few days lol I have to express to get baby on to feed...I'm thinking this time about donating some of my milk as I just have so much! Ds1 I fed for 6mths but constantly had mastitis so stopped wiv ds2 I fed him for over a yr! I think its a personal Choice to bf and I think no one should feel pressured or made to feel bad if feeding doesn't work out :)

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 11:45 AM
I took raspberry leaf tablets from 36 weeks with both my last pregnancies but I didn't realise it helped with milk supply, maybe I should keep taking it this time see if it helps! I also took pregnacare vitamins with the added stuff for breastfeeding.

I totally agree that there shouldn't be any pressure put on anyone to bf but it is really hard if you want to and have problems. Especially over here where it is just assumed you will bf, I felt embarrassed taking a bottle out of my bag to feed them if we were out anywhere.

This time my boobs do seem to have got bigger, not massively and one has grown more than the other :worry: but I'm hoping that is a good sign that I'll have more success this time. xx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Yep, with ds1 it was really hard as he was a very sleepy baby and not interested so I was having to put him to the boob every hour and strip him down to just his nappy to try and get him more alert to feed. I used the electric pump inbetween too to try and stimulate my supply more. My milk never came in properly. With ds2 he would feed for an hour or more, have half an hour break and feed for an hour again. I went with it for 6 weeks but he was never swallowing or making any noises that suggested he was actually getting any milk and when I tried to express there was hardly anything. Again I never got an increase in boob size, or a feeling of fullness as some women describe it when their milk came in. As both of them were quite small losing 10% of their body weight was quite a big deal and I didn't really want them to lose anymore. I don't think the bottle is given to babies so readily over here because they just expect you to be able to bf, but I was literally buzzing for a midwife every feed to ask if I was doing it right, if the position was ok etc and everyone said there shouldn't be a problem but there clearly was.

I'm thinking about taking a supplement this time to see if it helps but I'm not sure if there is anything safe to take during pregnancy, or if any of it actually works? Have you heard of anything you can recommend? x

Good recommendations here: http://kellymom.com/bf/can-i-breastfeed/herbs/herbal_galactagogue/

http://kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/low-supply/

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks Suregena xx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Well, all you can do is try. But it's good to read about all the issues and how to go about resolving them beforehand, to have them in your mind, when the babe is born.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 27th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Rosie, think pink!!!

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I took alfalfa while pregnant to help with supply since I was still nursing it is safe.
Fenugreek is NOT safe while pregnant but can help a lot with supply after you give birth as long as you are still frequently putting baby to the breast. Did you try any skin to skin? That helps a lot with supply as well.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 01:34 PM
And yes 10% here too in the US would warrant supplements. Most hospitals won't let you leave if baby has lost that much without supplementing. But the goal is to keep that from happening since supplementing itself is a slippery slope.
Surgena- maybe the midwife could use a doppler since she's coming today?

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
She's coming tomorrow - she's only coming to get some blood samples so likely won't be bringing that. I do have my own little cheap doppler thing I used for reassurance with my son, but I only ever tried when I was like 15 weeks with him. I'm only 10 weeks on Monday - think I should get it out and try it? I would have thought it'd be too difficult to find this early.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I don't know. If it wont scare you to not find it because I would be too optimistic to find it then. My Mw tried with one Doppler , still a pricey one. Then went and grabbed the $1000 one and that's the one that picked it up for me.
I tried my own but I couldn't find it. Obviously mine is no where near that expensive.
But if you will freak out if you don't I wouldn't bother .

Can you ask her to bring the doppler?
My midwife is my good friend so I am lucky in that sense

mrshonyez
October 27th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Allergic to your breastmilk? From what I understand, that's not really possible (though doctor's have told mother's that often.) What can be the cause is the baby can have extreme sensitivity or allergy to things you eat, but that can be hard to pinpoint. So it isn't *your milk* per se, it's likely other things.

Also, I know in the UK they do it, but do they use 1 chart for weight gain in infants there or are there two? Here there is a growth/weight chart for formula fed infants and another one for breastfed infants, because both will grow/gain completely differently. The UK used to use a standard formula-fed infant one for all infants but then that made breastfed infants seem to be slow gainers and smaller so they went back and looked into it. For all I know, in the US it's likely possible they're still using a very general chart that may not correspond accurately for breastfed baby weight gain and growth.

Your milk will always make the right calories for your baby. The calories adjust constantly - they're never the same. Breastfed babies will not gain as fast nor as much as formula fed.

Well they said it was a milk protein and soy allergy. He was 8 lbs 3 oz when he was born, and was only 9 lbs at 4 months old. His poo was green and pure liquid. It was awful. I think you're right about one general chart here. The ped wasn't too worried about DS2 being below 0%, but what worried him was that he fell way off his own curve and his height dropped down too. I was taking fenugreek and even pumping after he ate but he just wouldn't gain. I just don't know why my babies have so many issues! He was born with a collapsed lung and on oxygen for a couple of weeks, so he had a rough start to life anyways. I'm getting nervous about this labor too bc they said it was from him being born so fast. My labors are really short, and both times there has been a complication. First time was me, second time was him. Scary stuff! Hopefully this one ends up going smoothly!

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Also it depends on the midwife I think. I have a couple and the nurse midwife who has access to the u/s said she usually can't that early. But the Homebirth/birth center midwives (which is who found it) seemed to be more skilled early. I think just because they don't have u/s to fall back on

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
He wasn't allergic to your milk... Rather Wha was in it. But an elimination diet for you is what would have helped. Like no dairy and no soy .

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Well they said it was a milk protein and soy allergy. He was 8 lbs 3 oz when he was born, and was only 9 lbs at 4 months old. His poo was green and pure liquid. It was awful. I think you're right about one general chart here. The ped wasn't too worried about DS2 being below 0%, but what worried him was that he fell way off his own curve and his height dropped down too. I was taking fenugreek and even pumping after he ate but he just wouldn't gain. I just don't know why my babies have so many issues! He was born with a collapsed lung and on oxygen for a couple of weeks, so he had a rough start to life anyways. I'm getting nervous about this labor too bc they said it was from him being born so fast. My labors are really short, and both times there has been a complication. First time was me, second time was him. Scary stuff! Hopefully this one ends up going smoothly!

Oh, my. :( It sounds like the milk protein wasn't YOUR milk (I mean, that really just doesn't happen - not literally, anyway) but protein from elsewhere, i.e. milk protein from your diet. What we eat goes into our breastmilk.

Well I can only hope you have a smoother experience this time! Sometimes birth complications on either end can affect things, too. This bringing life into the world business - it's tricky! I really hope everything goes smoothly this time, truly.

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thanks for all the fab tips lovely ladies, I will definitely get some supps in for when the baby arrives so I can give it my absolute best this time.

I did have plenty of skin to skin contact, the only other thing I can think of that may have messed things up was they put me on a drip both times to speed labour up. My labours were actually pretty quick with both but with ds1 I was pushing for nearly an hour and they were worried he may start to get distressed so put me on a drip to increase the intensity of my contractions to get him out. With ds2 as Group B strep had been picked up during my pregnancy I had antibiotics during labour and they put me on a drip to increase contractions too to speed things up (even though from my contractions starting to giving birth to him it was only about two and a half hours!!). I didn't have any pain relief but I do wonder whether they stuff they use to induce you could interfere with your milk supply?

Hope you're back with lots of pink news soon Rosie xxx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Also it depends on the midwife I think. I have a couple and the nurse midwife who has access to the u/s said she usually can't that early. But the Homebirth/birth center midwives (which is who found it) seemed to be more skilled early. I think just because they don't have u/s to fall back on

I remember with my son, I think it was my 16 week visit and she only just clocked they hadn't tried to listen to the heartbeat (but I had listened to it before them on my own)... so I don't think it's typical they wait that long, they just realized they hadn't.

I'll ask her about when I can hear it tomorrow and see what she says!
It's far too late at night to call her now. I don't yet have a 'named' midwife... have only seen one. The one who called me today, I believe, is one that I saw the most with my last pregnancy. I think, anyway... if my memory is correct by her name. I hope she is, because she's aweeeesommmmeeeee.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for all the fab tips lovely ladies, I will definitely get some supps in for when the baby arrives so I can give it my absolute best this time.

I did have plenty of skin to skin contact, the only other thing I can think of that may have messed things up was they put me on a drip both times to speed labour up. My labours were actually pretty quick with both but with ds1 I was pushing for nearly an hour and they were worried he may start to get distressed so put me on a drip to increase the intensity of my contractions to get him out. With ds2 as Group B strep had been picked up during my pregnancy I had antibiotics during labour and they put me on a drip to increase contractions too to speed things up (even though from my contractions starting to giving birth to him it was only about two and a half hours!!). I didn't have any pain relief but I do wonder whether they stuff they use to induce you could interfere with your milk supply?

Hope you're back with lots of pink news soon Rosie xxx

Hey, anything is possible, truly. Maybe, since you obviously had no pain relief, if you can get away without using drips this time, etc, it can help?

They don't even CHECK for the group B strep in the UK.... as far as I know? Maybe they do in a sneaky way but I've never heard of it done here (unlike I hear all the time in the US. Same thing with the eye drops - they are not done here... and routine glucose check thing, they don't really do either unless possibly if there is a confirmed history of it)

I was looking through my notes earlier and I've been pretty much checked as risk-free for everything so that means they'll be pretty hands off and not do much 'checking' of anything outside of a couple/few routine blood tests.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 02:23 PM
The world health organization has a chart which is for breastfed babies you can use next time
http://www.who.int/childgrowth/en/

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 02:28 PM
@surgena I rejected all of that stuff for both kids no problem with my dr. Strep b is like yeast , its naturally occurring but you can have an overgrowth one day and not the next and once you are positive here thats, even If you test negative the next time, so I don't see how being negative would comfort me at all. Vit c and garlic is supposed to help fight it for anyone that was positive before though. I am super paranoid now with this pregnancy but that after birth stuff always bothers me. Hoping I can birth at the birth center again so I don't have to deal with fighting with the nurses not to make my babies eyes all blurry.

homebirthing princess
October 27th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Stalking. :nails: xxx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
@surgena I rejected all of that stuff for both kids no problem with my dr. Strep b is like yeast , its naturally occurring but you can have an overgrowth one day and not the next and once you are positive here thats, even If you test negative the next time, so I don't see how being negative would comfort me at all. Vit c and garlic is supposed to help fight it for anyone that was positive before though. I am super paranoid now with this pregnancy but that after birth stuff always bothers me. Hoping I can birth at the birth center again so I don't have to deal with fighting with the nurses not to make my babies eyes all blurry.

I think I'm going crazy and am seriously contemplating a homebirth! Right now my pregnancy notes have me going to the birth center, but I can change my mind as late into the pregnancy as I want... and I'm thinking of seriously staying at home. I got stressed out last time because we don't have a car (I don't have a British license and my husband doesn't know how to drive), so we had to keep waiting for the "right time" to go because it was a £15 taxi ride... but if I went too soon, I would have another £15 taxi ride home! (I live in a small town... not the same town as the birth center/hospital.)

When we finally went, it was so late at night that we had to call a taxi company that was in a different town, therefore unfamiliar with our little street... which you either have to reverse up and drive out or vice versa... it is VERY VERY narrow and you cannot turn around to get out!

We told him to park at the END of the road and not to drive up... we'd walk down to him, but he didn't listen and drove to the door! He was like, "Okay, so where can I turn around to get out?" and we were like, "YOU CAN'T! You have to reverse!"
Oh my God, the contractions in the back seat while he struggled big time to get out... stopping, starting, drive up, reverse down, drive up, realign the vehicle, reverse back, etc... it took forever... and sitting down with contractions suuuuuuuuucked. Then he drove like a psycho all the way there, which stressed me out. Then I got there and I was checked and I was NOT dilated (AHHH!) but fully effaced, and they almost sent me home, but of course I explained the nightmare getting there. So they ran me a lavender bath and got me breakfast and told me to move around and they would check me in an hour and see if things changed before they really sent me back home. Luckily I was up to 3cm within that hour... so I got to stay. But geez, it was stressful!

I think if I stayed home, 1) I could get a birthing pool which a woman was constantly using at the birth center so I never got to use it, 2) if I NEEDED it, I could use gas and air at home (which isn't used in the US and I DO NOT know WHY! It might save a lot of women from automatically going for the epideral!), 3) I would have a named midwife coming to ME, to MY house, attending me and I would be in my own home environment, 4) if i HAD to go to the hospital... I'd get a free ride!

Haha...

I'm seriously considering it!

Turning the page
October 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
It's just not accurate..don't let it ruin your pregnancy. :)

I hear ya! I know that in my head, but it was spot on for my DS and several friends' pregnancies, so it gets me a bit bummed...although, if it's a pH test, it makes sense that it did exactly the same thing for this pregnancy as it did for my last. I tend to run alkaline. :)
In any case, thanks for the encouraging words. I will try to snag a nub shot at my 12 weeker and post it on the ultrasound forum in a couple of weeks. I do enjoy being pregnant more than anything in the world, so I'm gonna live it up! (first trimester sickness aside...uggh.) ;)

Mrs_P
October 27th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Hello ladies :wave:

Hope you don't mind but am invading your thread of the evening so i can stalk Rosie - i know i'm early (she said 10 and its only 8:30 here) but am getting a little impatient so am here ready and waiting just in case - come on team pink !!!!!! :pinksperm:

Turning the page
October 27th, 2012, 03:45 PM

I'm just now reading this part of the thread, and I hope I can add some helpful information. I struggled mightily with supply and baby weight gain issues with DS1, but for me this reared its ugly head around 3 months. Initially, I believed it to be due to going back to work, but my lactation consultant recommended that I have my thyroid function checked since my let-down reflex was also becoming sluggish. Turns out that I had developed severe postpartum thyroiditis, which can affect up to 10% of women in the six month postpartum period! Long story short, I went on Synthroid immediately, and my issues slowly improved, although my supply never fully recovered. After trying every herbal supplement known to man, I eventually started Domperidone (30 mg three times daily), which was a game-changer for our breastfeeding relationship. My supply increased significantly, and I was able to keep DS exclusively breastfed (along with some donated breast milk). He weaned on his own just shy of 17 months. After all I went through, the tears I shed, and the struggles we faced (including nursing strikes on and off from 8-11 months!), we emerged relatively unscathed in the end. I am so thankful for my wonderful lactation consultant and my long-suffering DH for supporting me; it was totally worth it!
I admire you for your efforts with your children--most women would not have persevered as you did. I am praying that your (and my) next experiences will go more smoothly! :) xo

TT_3814
October 27th, 2012, 03:47 PM
TT, I've seen all seasons of Supernatural since the beginning, and let me tell you, I love the man eye candy on that show! The two brothers are hot, hot, hotties!!

I completely agree! ;)

Thank you, mrshoneyez! :)

:wave: Turning the page, congrats and good luck with your 12 week scan.

Thinking pink thoughts for you, Rosie!

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I just remembered my dream last night and there was just this subtle part of it that REALLY, REALLY disturbed me. :( Remembering it and I can't shake it. I hope it means nothing because it was just awful... bizarre and just weird and awful. I don't even know if I would want to share it, it disturbed me that much!

Rosie85
October 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Sorry ladies......it is another boy for me as well. I was feeling pretty bummed. Nothing has been working in my favor lately so I'm not surprised. The good news is I will get my girl. If I a capable of another pregnancy we will try sperm sort. If not we will adopt.

I have to say I don't like the potty shot I got, I don't really see a penis but I don't see girl parts either. Sorry I couldn't break the cycle.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Surgena then stay at home. Dd was supposed to be a Hb but I just wont do it again bc it has a bad memory now. That and my Hb midwife I love can't do births in nc , it's not legal here, and she helps run the birth center in sc , where it is legal. So she'd get in a lot of trouble if she did nc. But I love the birth center anyway

I'm so sorry Rosie !!!! :( our stats suck for this due date group!!!

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Injust saw anther newborn at the store , another damn girl. I really feel like I lost my chance at a girl by losing my baby that was due now

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Surgena then stay at home. Dd was supposed to be a Hb but I just wont do it again bc it has a bad memory now. That and my Hb midwife I love can't do births in nc , it's not legal here, and she helps run the birth center in sc , where it is legal. So she'd get in a lot of trouble if she did nc. But I love the birth center anyway

I always hated that it was illegal in some places in the US. Drives me crazy (I'm from the US, remember!)
I remember my cousin telling me I was putting my life and my baby's life at risk by using a midwife and all I could say to her was that it was the NORMAL practice here that midwives are the first point of care and person you see when you have a low risk pregnancy... Consultant led care is reserved for very high risk. But she just didn't get it.

I'm just so glad they really respect midwives here and know how important of a role they play in the birthing process, and that we have this list of options that we can choose... i.e. you can pick to go to the more medical labor ward, you can go to the birth center, or you can stay at home. I love that the choice is ours and no one dictates us in that choice... because it's our birth.

I feel so strongly about the homebirth. Would have the first time but it was the whole... first time baby, maybe play it safe. I feel like I have an idea of it all now and I know what NOT to do that I did last time... it feels like a more clear option for me.

Sorry about being home with your DD. :( I know and can understand why that would be so hard to do again. *hugs*

Tiffani3
October 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Sorry ladies......it is another boy for me as well. I was feeling pretty bummed. Nothing has been working in my favor lately so I'm not surprised. The good news is I will get my girl. If I a capable of another pregnancy we will try sperm sort. If not we will adopt.

I have to say I don't like the potty shot I got, I don't really see a penis but I don't see girl parts either. Sorry I couldn't break the cycle.

Oh sweetie I'm sorry you didn't hear pink big hugs to you. Congratulations on your little man xx

Tiffani3
October 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM
I just remembered my dream last night and there was just this subtle part of it that REALLY, REALLY disturbed me. :( Remembering it and I can't shake it. I hope it means nothing because it was just awful... bizarre and just weird and awful. I don't even know if I would want to share it, it disturbed me that much!

Oh my what was it???? xx

Mrs_P
October 27th, 2012, 04:36 PM

Aw no Rosie, really sorry you didn't hear pink - hope baby was ok though - healthy and perfect and that your coping ok with everything - seems we are all destined to have boys lately

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 04:38 PM
They don't even CHECK for the group B strep in the UK.... as far as I know? Maybe they do in a sneaky way but I've never heard of it done here (unlike I hear all the time in the US. Same thing with the eye drops - they are not done here... and routine glucose check thing, they don't really do either unless possibly if there is a confirmed history of it)

Yep, it is the same here they don't routinely test for it but my old doctor used to as she had once had a patient who lost a baby as a result of it. She didn't actually tell me she was testing but just did it from a urine sample along with other routine tests. I asked for it to be done this time since I was found to be positive last time and apparently it has come back as negative which is good news. I'll ask to be tested again at around 32 weeks though as it can come and go. I wasn't tested for it when I was pregnant with ds1. Seems so silly for them not to do it in the UK as it is such an easy test! You can pay to have it done yourself though in the UK, think it costs about £12.

Definitely think I will make more of a fuss this time if they try to put me on a drip to speed things up as it was so unnecessary last time! She hadn't even checked me to see how far dilated I was and I kept saying to her I knew it was close. I think it was about 30 mins from her putting me on the drip to him being born, and when I said I needed to push she looked at me in disbelief and then panicked when she checked me and realised she could see his head!!! I'm really quiet in labour so I think because I'm not screaming she assumed I must be ages away from giving birth!

Hope you get some reassurance from your midwife Suregena, I remember my morning sickness kept coming and going around 9 weeks so try not to worry too much. xx

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Yep, it is the same here they don't routinely test for it but my old doctor used to as she had once had a patient who lost a baby as a result of it. She didn't actually tell me she was testing but just did it from a urine sample along with other routine tests. I asked for it to be done this time since I was found to be positive last time and apparently it has come back as negative which is good news. I'll ask to be tested again at around 32 weeks though as it can come and go. I wasn't tested for it when I was pregnant with ds1. Seems so silly for them not to do it in the UK as it is such an easy test! You can pay to have it done yourself though in the UK, think it costs about £12.

Definitely think I will make more of a fuss this time if they try to put me on a drip to speed things up as it was so unnecessary last time! She hadn't even checked me to see how far dilated I was and I kept saying to her I knew it was close. I think it was about 30 mins from her putting me on the drip to him being born, and when I said I needed to push she looked at me in disbelief and then panicked when she checked me and realised she could see his head!!! I'm really quiet in labour so I think because I'm not screaming she assumed I must be ages away from giving birth!

Hope you get some reassurance from your midwife Suregena, I remember my morning sickness kept coming and going around 9 weeks so try not to worry too much. xx

Well, maybe they do sneakily check... like you say. You're in the UK so you know more than me probably (this American... in the UK for only almost 6 years!)

This pregnancy has just been too easy that I feel like I'm doomed. :( I hate this constant edge of doom during the first trimester... just drives me crazy!

NCBeachyGrl
October 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Rosie - I am shocked!!!!! Did you post your potty shot? I am here for you....us girls were put on this forum for a reason and we are all in this together. Big hugs...everything will work out in the end.

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 04:47 PM

The way the group b strep was explained to me was that you can have it without knowing anything about it as it doesn't cause you any problems, but if you have high levels of it then it can cause premature labour and it can also cause meningitis in the baby after it is born, particularly if your waters break early. If you are found to have it (like I was in my last pregnancy) they give you antibiotics to clear it, then you are tested again at around 34/35 weeks if it is all clear they just monitor the baby more closely after birth and if you are found to have it again you are given antibiotics during labour.

I think one of the main things is just being aware on the effects it can have on the baby as most people aren't aware of it at all, which is quite scary in places where you are sent home with a baby within hours of giving birth.

I like the idea of a homebirth in theory but I'm just too scared of something going wrong and not having the necessary help on hand. The maternity wards here are fab too so I think it is actually better for me in terms of recovery to be able to have a few days in my own room at hospital away from home so I'm not trying to sort the boys out or do jobs.

I know in the UK you can get rushed in and out of hospital though so I may feel differently if I was still in the UK! xx

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Well, maybe they do sneakily check... like you say. You're in the UK so you know more than me probably (this American... in the UK for only almost 6 years!)
!

lol! Our paths must have crossed - I've been living out of the UK for 6 years now over here in Norway :)

mummypink
October 27th, 2012, 04:52 PM

Wow, I can't believe it! I really thought yours was going to be a girl, are they absolutely sure?!
Sending you a BIG hug, congratulations on your gorgeous little man. xxxx

secretly sad
October 27th, 2012, 04:53 PM
I am sorry you didn't hear girl. I promise you it will be ok xx

Shellbelle
October 27th, 2012, 04:54 PM

Oh Rosie, I thought for sure yours was a girl. :( Congrats on the sweet boy, and HUGS.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 04:56 PM
lol! Our paths must have crossed - I've been living out of the UK for 6 years now over here in Norway :)

DOH! That's right - you're in Norway! Where my cousins are from. :)

NCBeachyGrl
October 27th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Group B strep is VERY dangerous if you deliver and baby gets an infection. I had a friend who had to be taken to Chapel Hill (2.5 hrs away - very specialized hospital) where her baby spent over a month and nearly died (she didn't know she had it). I had group B strep last time and I got to the hospital at 7 CM. They rushed to get a bag of antibiotics in my IV...everything was fine with my baby! Very scared of it after that!

Shellbelle
October 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Group B strep is VERY dangerous if you deliver and baby gets an infection. I had a friend who had to be taken to Chapel Hill (2.5 hrs away - very specialized hospital) where her baby spent over a month and nearly died (she didn't know she had it). I had group B strep last time and I got to the hospital at 7 CM. They rushed to get a bag of antibiotics in my IV...everything was fine with my baby! Very scared of it after that!

I had a friend here who was not treated and her baby ended up getting sick and running a fever that resulted in quite a bit of damage. Her newborn ended up blind and deaf, but was not born that way.

I had it last time as well and was treated during labor.

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
They must check it in somehow - I just never hear about it!

suregena
October 27th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Ah, just read this: Is my unborn baby at risk of early-onset GBS (group B streptococcus) infection? - Health questions - NHS Choices (http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2580.aspx)

So it isn't routinely screened for here.

Shellbelle
October 27th, 2012, 05:25 PM
It is common, and from what I understand many people have given birth while they have it and had no problems. But the babies who pick it up and become infected can have serious complications.

Rosie85
October 27th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hey I am coping okay so far. I'm pretty sure he was sure. I am super busy tonight but I will post the pics as soon as I can for you all. Thank you again for the support and yes I guess it's prime time for boys. I am glad I have you all for support!

homebirthing princess
October 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Aww Rosie iam so shocked I really thought you'd hear pink!! So sorry hun :hugs: congratulations on your sweet little boy xxx

coocoobananas
October 27th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Sort to hear too Rosie:( I didn't even belong in this group but I was drawn to it! I know why, as there are a bunch of us having boys and now we have someone to talk to:)
I'm feeling a lot better about things a week in and actually got a buzz of excitement thinking about my 3 boys! It's a hard pill to swallow nonetheless it just makes me want to give birth that much sooner so I can see him! I don't care if he's not wearing pink;)
Feel free to pm me and vent, a couple ladies and I have done this already ( I probably vented the loudest) but it really helped, thanks girls:)

Lassie1982
October 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM
so sorry rosie :( like the others i thought your must surley be a girl.
Sending you lots of hugs, make sure you go and spoil your self with some pampering or shopping :hugs:

Cinss
October 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM

Oh Rosie, im sorry :( the statistics in this thread are almost unbelievable.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Cinss seems like everyone's having boys! Must be good for you!

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
When do you find out?t

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 08:08 PM
It's not that I don't think group strep b if the baby gets it, isn't serious. My point was for me, I know it changes day to day (even my Peri confirmed it ) so being negative wouldn't really give me any relief. Although most drs don't test again when you are negative. And they don't test day of delivery regardless, that I know. But being positive would open a can of worms for me that wouldn't be good. Even if negative later the protocol here is positive ever and you get the antibiotics. I am allergic to most antibiotics anyway and we determined before the only one I could take in that instance makes me very ill and they've said you need them for 4 hours. Well ds1 was born an in hour and ds2 shot out after 30 min after we got there so it's a moot point, for me. I do birth in the water though and that is supposed to greatly reduce the risk of transmission if there is any.

Oh and Surgena , my high risk obs, both of them, as long as everything looks well with the baby are very supportive of me birthing at the birth center which is nice. I think they are so used to seeing so many real problems , that doesn't phase them when things are going well.

Cinss
October 27th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Cinss seems like everyone's having boys! Must be good for you!

I dont know how to feel about it, on 1 hand i think well yes this boy run has to be good for me, but on the other hand i think it is an opposite run so i am not "safe" and maybe i will be the one to turn the run from boys to girls. I have my 12week scan on Thursday so hopefully they can give me a good nub shot or guess, otherwise i will find out at 16weeks.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 27th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I can't believe all of the boys. This is incredible. I thought for sure it was you Rosie. I hope your doing ok.

spinningmadly
October 27th, 2012, 09:08 PM
I know we must start getting some girls in here. It's crazy. You would think by odds at least some would have girls. Hbp you are the only glimmer of hope for me lol

TT_3814
October 27th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sorry you didn't hear girl, Rosie (((hugs))) congrats on your baby boy.

I meant to mention how wonderful the breast feeding posts were, very informative. I'm really hopeful for a more successful outcome with this one.

mrshonyez
October 27th, 2012, 11:57 PM
He wasn't allergic to your milk... Rather Wha was in it. But an elimination diet for you is what would have helped. Like no dairy and no soy .

I didn't really mean to say that, I posted it late last night after taking a unisom lol. I tried the elimination diet, but never realized how much has some form of milk in it. But he was so bad off we needed to take immediate action, or they said it could have been really bad. I remember giving him his first bottle and just crying my eyes out because he seemed so confused why I couldn't nurse him. It was a sad/ happy day. First time in his life he didnt cry all day, and first time ever that he slept for longer than an hour without waking up starving.
I thought for DS2 it might have something to do with the complications. I couldn't touch even his little toes for 24 hours, so pumping was all I had. But I felt like we made up for it pretty well, so I don't know what happened! We'll just be hopeful it works this time :). Thanks ladies!!

Rosie!! I SO thought you had you DD too! I'm so sorry :( I'm glad you have a plan for next time though. I need to look up info on the sperm sorting thing too. I can't believe all the boys we're having. They must have known what a special group of ladies this is, and wanted to join!

Violet_
October 28th, 2012, 12:04 AM
Hi Rosie85, been thinking of you as I knew you had your ultrasound recently. Hope you are okay. I'm very interested in hearing about your sway when you feel up to it. Hugs hun.

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 12:04 AM
yeah milk is a sneaky one with lots of names!!

my best friend is nursing her son who is extremely sensitive to milk protein and hes 2 now.. shes been completely dairy free for almost 2 years now!! poor thing! the slightest bit bothers him. i dont know how she does it.

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Wow I don't know how she does it either! I highly respect her for that, I couldn't go that long! My DS was the same way though. I couldn't eat anything with milk, whey, casein, cheese, anything like that. I tried for a while but it was just too much to handle and wasn't a quick enough fix. Thank goodness he grew out of it. DH apparently had the same issues as a baby. You'd never know he had issues now though, he's a healthy 3 year old at over 3 1/2 feet tall! He's on the skinny side being about 32-35 pounds, but he's just really tall like his uncle (18 years old and 6 foot 5 inches lol!)

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Yes it takes 2 weeks total for the dairy to come out of your body!!!

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Dairy allergies are hard. I'm thankful we haven't had them, fx! Ds1 had a host of other awful issues but no allergies at least!

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 01:02 AM
That's what they said too, that it takes two weeks! Once I saw him happy for the first time, I didn't regret my decision at all. They sure do suck!! I wish no one would ever have to go through that with their child! So sorry your DS had other issues. It's so heart breaking. He only had the allergy and no issues since, but DS2 has had some other issues too. No one can really describe to you the hurt you feel when your child is in pain until you've actually become a mother yourself!! I wasn't prepared for that!

Myloves
October 28th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Rosie! I really did think you were having a girl this time round. Big hugs sweetie x any sad feelings will pass. He'll be your special boy. Congrats!

Wishing4Pink
October 28th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Huge congrats on you little boy Rosie, i am sorry you didn't get your wish this time. Big hugs to you xx

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 05:42 AM
The stats really do suck for this group unless things turn around pretty quickly. I woke up this morning convinced I am having a boy, first time I have ever really felt that as before my gut instinct said girl. I think I need to start preparing myself to hear boy as my scan is in 3 weeks. Everyone has been coping so well with hearing they are having an opposite, so it is really reassuring to know there is so much support in the group.

I really hope whoever is next to have a scan hears some good news! xx

Cinss
October 28th, 2012, 05:57 AM
ynwa is just about to have her gender scan im stalking :)

Tiffani3
October 28th, 2012, 06:27 AM
I'm thinking pink for her!!!! xx

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Fingers crossed ynwa! x

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Thank you all,just got back,IT'S A GiRL,I am in shock not stopped crying!

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 07:22 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news ynwa :) So happy for you! Fingers crossed this has broken the trend of opposites for our group xxxx

Tiffani3
October 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Yay soooooo pleased for you :) Congratulations sweetie xx

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 07:27 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is fantastic news ynwa :) So happy for you! Fingers crossed this has broken the trend of opposites for our group xxxx

Thank you,can't believe it,hopefully I have broke the run of boys:.)x

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
How many weeks are you now ynwa? x

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Yay soooooo pleased for you :) Congratulations sweetie xx

I am in shock,can't believe it,will post pic when I get chance:.)

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 07:29 AM
How many weeks are you now ynwa? x

I am 16+3 today,:.)

Turning the page
October 28th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Congrats, Ynwa!! So excited for you!! Going to stalk your sway now! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 28th, 2012, 07:31 AM
Hopefully this is a good sign!!! I have my scan in 11 days.!!

Wishing4Pink
October 28th, 2012, 07:33 AM
I am in shock,can't believe it,will post pic when I get chance:.)

Huge, huge congrats ynwa on your little girl, what fab news!!! I really hope you've started a pink run!! xx

suregena
October 28th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Midwife was just here - it was one I saw *a lot* through my last pregnancy/post pregnancy and during my two miscarriages. So she knows me well... she walked in and went, "OOOOOOH, HELLO! Is this our baby?!" (in regards to my son!) So lovely. Love that she came! I adore her.

I mentioned to her I was thinking of going for a homebirth this time and she was like, "Oooh, I was going to say... a homebirth would be good for you! We'd get you walking up and down those stairs if the baby was posterior again!"

She clocked from my early ultrasound that they *did* date it, and therefore she said she doesn't think I'll be getting a 12 week scan. :( But she is going to find out for sure and let me know. She said I could opt in for the NT scan since I desperately want a 12 week scan but she's worried that it could make me more anxious then I already am (about losing the pregnancy, i.e. if there was a high fluid measurement or something seemingly off) but she's leaving it up to me to decide.

Cinss
October 28th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Yay ynwa that is such great news, you must be thrilled now you can go buy pink stuff :)

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 08:09 AM
Yay!!!! Ynwa! Finally a girl!!!

TT_3814
October 28th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Congrats ynwa!!

Suregena- Glad you had a positive midwife visit but sorry to hear about the possible no 12 week scan. I hope you're able to get one somehow, if you want.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Congrats ynwa!

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Congratulations ynwa!!

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
@surgena - did she try to listen with the doppler ?

Shellbelle
October 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Congrats, ynwa!!!

Winngrin
October 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Congratulations ynwa!!! So happy for you! Let's keep the pink coming!

Lassie1982
October 28th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Congrats ynwa!!!!!

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Little girl bits:.)

suregena
October 28th, 2012, 02:15 PM
@surgena - did she try to listen with the doppler ?

She only came with stuff to retake my blood samples.

Winngrin
October 28th, 2012, 02:29 PM
OK ladies, here's kind of an embarrassing admission.... yesterday dh and I went and put a deposit down on a female Basset hound puppy. She's only 5 weeks old so won't be ready to leave her mom until November 15, but I already went shopping for pink stuff, collar, leash, dishes, bed. I have my gender scan on November 7, and if I hear boy, at least I'll have a reason to buy pink. Not quite the same as a DD, but Dear Dog is still aanother girl in the house.Right???

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Hahah it's not embarrassing! We are gettin the boys a female lab in December! I'm just happy there will be another girl around here

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 02:36 PM
I was buying princessy stuff for my niece today for Xmas and I had this overwhelming feeling I will never have my own girl to buy those things for :(

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 03:27 PM
That's great about your lovely midwife Suregena, I really wish my old one hadn't retired as she was fab too. Makes such a difference! Hope you manage to get your 12 week scan and that everything is as it should be.

We went to visit some friends today that we don't see very often, they haven't seen me since I got my bfp but knew I was pregnant. They asked the obvious question of 'so are you hoping for a girl this time' so I just smiled and said that yes it would of course be nice but that a healthy baby was the priority and a boy would be just as great'. At which point dh said 'are you kidding, she had us doing all sorts trying to make sure this one is a girl'. I just wanted to die!!! They just gave me a bit of a funny look and I tried to dismiss it saying 'no we didn't, and anyway we've always planned three but of course it would be nice to experience a daughter.' and then just babbled a load of waffle as I felt so embarrassed. I was so cross with dh afterwards as I had told him I didn't want to tell anyone we had swayed as I know people don't understand, plus it is nobody elses business!!! Now I feel like they think I am a freak, and also if we are having another boy I don't want them to think I don't want him or that he will be less loved. :worry: Men!!!!!!!

suregena
October 28th, 2012, 03:32 PM
That's great about your lovely midwife Suregena, I really wish my old one hadn't retired as she was fab too. Makes such a difference! Hope you manage to get your 12 week scan and that everything is as it should be.

We went to visit some friends today that we don't see very often, they haven't seen me since I got my bfp but knew I was pregnant. They asked the obvious question of 'so are you hoping for a girl this time' so I just smiled and said that yes it would of course be nice but that a healthy baby was the priority and a boy would be just as great'. At which point dh said 'are you kidding, she had us doing all sorts trying to make sure this one is a girl'. I just wanted to die!!! They just gave me a bit of a funny look and I tried to dismiss it saying 'no we didn't, and anyway we've always planned three but of course it would be nice to experience a daughter.' and then just babbled a load of waffle as I felt so embarrassed. I was so cross with dh afterwards as I had told him I didn't want to tell anyone we had swayed as I know people don't understand, plus it is nobody elses business!!! Now I feel like they think I am a freak, and also if we are having another boy I don't want them to think I don't want him or that he will be less loved. :worry: Men!!!!!!!

GAH! I told my husband the same thing - under no circumstances should anyone know about the swaying. The only person who knows is my mom because we both thought it was interesting.
AWFUL. Men, indeed!

coocoobananas
October 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
my husband did the same thing when his moms bf asked what we were hoping for and I acted all like 'whayever' and my dh is like nooo we did this for a girl and that's the only reason... Which is true, but not something I want to admit!!!

Shellbelle
October 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM
My dh is really bad about over sharing, too, lol. I am trying not to worry about who he's going to say something like that to.

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Oh my mummypink! That would make me mad too, what did dh say after?

Turning the page
October 28th, 2012, 04:01 PM
my husband did the same thing when his moms bf asked what we were hoping for and I acted all like 'whayever' and my dh is like nooo we did this for a girl and that's the only reason... Which is true, but not something I want to admit!!!

My DH did the SAME thing while we were on vacation with three other families in August...I was trying to be all sly in not eating breakfast, which was so hard, because someone was always cooking up some big, delicious meal every morning! Anyway, I would usually go for a long run while they were eating as an excuse to avoid a big breakfast. One morning, someone asked, "Are you on a diet or something?" And DH said, "Yeah, she's trying to get pregnant with a girl, so she's on some weird diet where she can't eat anything good and has to exercise every day." Of course, they all look at me like I have 5 eyeballs...then I had to explain the "swaying" principles (very broadly, of course). Then they looked at me like I had 7 eyeballs--lol! :D
Well, one of my friends texted me the other day and said if I got pregnant with a girl, she wanted to "sway" with her next, too! So, must not have seemed *too* crazy...Still wanted to throttle DH though! :)

Turning the page
October 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Hi Winngrin--your sway sounded a bit like mine, only a month earlier (also on a full moon!) We had a long abstain with one attempt 2 days before O (probably more like 1.5 days before), and conceived on our first attempt. Wondering if you had a 12 week scan? Are you planning on finding out the gender? Hope your pregnancy is going well! :)

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
When I had a go at him about it (in the car on the way home) he acted all surprised like what is the big deal, and said I shouldn't lie to people?! I was like erm, I'm sorry but we don't announce to people what we do in the bedroom the rest of the time so what has it got to do with them now!!!!
Think he realised he had messed up though and was just trying to get himself out of it - and failed badly!!

The friends we were with have a boy and a girl so they don't really get it, although she looked really sympathetic unlike her dh who just looked at me with disbelief! He thinks we are mental having a third anyway though, and she was saying how she would really like one more but he won't even consider it.

Just hoping dh has learnt his lesson and won't say anything to anyone else and that they don't say anything to anyone. I feel so embarrassed.

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I hate when people act like I am crazy but they have one of each gender and have no clue how I feel .

homebirthing princess
October 28th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you all,just got back,IT'S A GiRL,I am in shock not stopped crying!

Omg I am soooooooooo happy for you hun, finally another pinky!!. fx you have now started a girl boom :) enjoy shopping for pink xx

homebirthing princess
October 28th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mummy men really are pants! Xxx

mummypink
October 28th, 2012, 05:07 PM
They certainly are HB! ;) x

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Thanks everyone,still can't believe it,who is next getting scan??:.)

Butterfly Spirit
October 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM

Ynwa!! :cheer:

Cinss
October 28th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Thanks everyone,still can't believe it,who is next getting scan??:.)

I just have my NT scan on Thursday.

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I just have my NT scan on Thursday.

Oh good we can stalk you now:.)fx for some good shots.

Myloves
October 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Congrats on your girl Ynwa!! How many kids do you have already?

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
ugh why did I not get to start the girl boom? This sucks. Whenever I see a baby girl I want to tell the mom how lucky she is and that I hate her, hahaha

No fair no fair no fair no fair no fair

spinningmadly
I found the heartbeat!! On my own with the doppler!! 170

spinningmadly
Sorry Rosie :( I know how you feel

ynwa
October 28th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Congrats on your girl Ynwa!! How many kids do you have already?

Thank you,I have 2 boys ages 7+2,:.)

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Is it horrible I am holding out hope that the gender will change by my next U/S??? I have heard a few times people are told 100% boy at 16 weeks and then get told girl later.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 08:12 PM

Okay so gender shot and a profile. Someone PLEASE tell me why my baby's head looks so ridiculous!? I am terrified something is wrong with him. Looks soooo weird to me.

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Rosie, I think I still have some hope mine might turn into a girl too, but I know its very doubtful! So you're definitely not horrible!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 28th, 2012, 08:27 PM
OK ladies, here's kind of an embarrassing admission.... yesterday dh and I went and put a deposit down on a female Basset hound puppy. She's only 5 weeks old so won't be ready to leave her mom until November 15, but I already went shopping for pink stuff, collar, leash, dishes, bed. I have my gender scan on November 7, and if I hear boy, at least I'll have a reason to buy pink. Not quite the same as a DD, but Dear Dog is still aanother girl in the house.Right???

Winngrin, I have a basset too. He's 9 and his name is Gary.

Cinss
October 28th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Winngrin i think that is a great thing to do with the puppy, they are members of the family and for some that dont get a DG it is really second best thing. We have 2 male dogs, they are our 4 legged sons :)

suregena
October 28th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ugh! Broke our abstinence tonight... now I'm spotting! :( so angry with myself. I was reallllllly dry and I certainly feel stingy down there so hoping the blood is just from that.

I asked if hubby could rub my back to help me sleep, and this is what happens! Grrrrrr!

suregena
October 28th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I found the heartbeat!! On my own with the doppler!! 170

I think I need to try if you managed to find it!

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Yeah I did get lucky I think baby was just in the right spot! Let me know if you get it. It only took me a couple minutes but go slow and be patient this early, they are still tiny and hide!

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Rosie its probably just the angle
Or something on the ultrasound!
I cannot make out the first pic at all... What am I lookin at??

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:17 PM
The first picture is the gender shot at the bottom and his face up top

I hope it is just the angle...the face shape freaks me out big time.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:21 PM
I fixed it so it has an arow now

I keep hoping those lines are his fingers...his arm is along that way after all, hahaha. The tech also said he had long fingers! There are lines all over the place on the scan so I don't know if the penis lines are even real!

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 09:34 PM
Ohhh thank you I see now. Heh. It's an ok gender shot. I would like better. I'll post ds2 as soon as I get him to sleep.

I was wondering what all the crazy lines were!! Lol fingers make sense!!

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah it's only and okay gender shot...baby was moving sooo much it was almost impossible to get what we did. I have a glimmer of hope still but not holding my breath. It's just all the lines are confusing and overly abundant.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:37 PM
oh! I have a lateral anterior placenta so it explains why I can't feel little babe.

Cinss
October 28th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Rosie, dont worry about your babys head shape, if it was moving around the shape is distorted. And i wouldnt call that a 100% boy potty shot, i think you really want the femur bones to be visable to get the closest view of the parts and we cant see them in that pic.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
That makes me feel better cinss, he was moving a ton so I agree it's probably just distortion then.

I say potty shot is unreliable so it's whether he personally saw other views that made him sure and he just couldn't get a good picture.

Totally not going to say anything to my doc about my scan or the tech at my next scan and see what she says on her own.

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM

This was DS2's u/s pic at 15 weeks.

spinningmadly
October 28th, 2012, 09:58 PM
if the tech said they are confident boy then I guess I would lean that way just don't want to get your hopes up..

but.. on the other hand.. that pic sucks IMO for a gender pic lol
i mean if it was the opposite and they told you GIRL with that sort of pic, you would be freaking out doubting it.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah that is the shot I was looking for Spinning! So I remain inconvinced. Even if the tech thought he saw something and just didn't get a good picture the baby was moving sooo much it could have been anything right? lol I grabbing for straws here I am sure but hey I have another scan in a month and maybe it could change.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM
The tech never said he was confident...I didn't ask how sure he was. He said something along the lines of yup those look like boy parts and he showed me that picture I shared with you. he also mentioned that it took him a while to get that shot because the cord was in the way and baby was on a sugar high or something and was rolling around.

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM
I've been analyzing and over analyzing my gender shot but hadn't said anything to anyone. I assume since she scanned for so long and had also done the NT scan that it must be right though. I keep holding on to the chance that it was just swollen girl parts, even though I truly will be happy with another boy. But it's still in the back of my mind lol! And I agree, I think the picture was just distorted and his head will be fine ;)

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I read stories where they were told 100% boy from multiple U/S and then it popped out a girl, oh how I wish that could be me!! What a shocker that would be!

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I know it!! Would be awesome if all us swayer opposites in here had that happen :). I know I shouldn't get my hopes up, but now reading that about seeing both femur bones makes me question mine even more too. And his wee wee has 3 lines, but I know that can happen with boys too... Wish I could stop obsessing! I'm sure it's a boy though, and he will be very much loved.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 10:54 PM
What did you read about the femur bones??

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Oh I just meant what I think it was Cinss said about having both of them visible, sorry for the confusion!

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
ohhh gotchya! Yeah my picture is missing those for sure.

We are crazy! Grabbing for straws like I said but hey as long as we are okay with a boy in the end I think we are allowed a little hope in the meantime!

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:01 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/0DEFA426-33DA-4E87-9FC1-D6A7EC0A5AD8-9494-00000CDABFC0A318.jpg
Here's my potty shot. I'm sure it's obviously a boy, but I can't help but notice the lines on the wee wee when I look at it up close. This was taken at 14+6

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I agree! I know I'll be happy with a boy, but there's still that tiny glimmer of hope lol!

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
yeah maybe that is just a swollen labia!

If you look at mine the one line continues perfectly straight across on the other side of the leg...makes me skeptical. I don't see any girl lines though but maybe the wrong angle is showing? I have another picture but not sure if it is a potty shot...looks like a leg and maybe a turtle next to it but I am not sure.

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 11:06 PM

Is this a partial potty shot?? I find these pics sooo confusing.

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I kinda hope so!!

I see what you mean. That's kind of a strange shot too since you can see the top of his head (I think!) too. Sucks that neither of us has another scan until next month!!

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah the wait is going to suck!

Hopefully your girls swollen labia will no longer be swollen by then though :wink:

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Hmm I'm not sure! Maybe someone else can chime in and help with that one!! I can usually tell what is what when I'm watching the scan, but not always with pictures lol. It looks like it might be part of one tho.

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Haha thanks :D I can hope!! And I hope yours was maybe cord or something!!

Rosie85
October 28th, 2012, 11:17 PM
yeah or the hidden twin flashing something in the photo on top of the girl :rofl:

mrshonyez
October 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Lol!!

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 03:46 AM
Have you put them in the u/s forum to see if there are any techs that can explain them better?
I agree that neither of your scan pics are massively clear, I guess it is better to be told boy though and prepare for that and have a lovely surprise than be told girl and then find out it is another boy.

My fingers are firmly crossed for you both!! xxx

Tiffani3
October 29th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Take a look at these picture I found on the Internet of 16 week scans told boy then told girl in later scans (shows you how obsessed I am, oh and praying that slightly maybe possibly mine could turn out to be a girl!!!!)

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Wow, just shows even a clear shot can be wrong!

suregena
October 29th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Crampy today. I'm never having sex again! :(

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
NC, I hope you're ok. This storm is really nasty. It will be here some time this afternoon and evening. I think you had said your ds was having his birthday party over the weekend. I hope all went well and you got it in before this weather hit. Hopefully you have power and we'll hear from you soon.

NCBeachyGrl
October 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
We are doing good down here! Getting nastier by the minute up there though! The party was on Saturday and it was SO nasty outside...wind, down pour rain. It was miserable but the party went well!!! Thanks for worrying about me!

Tiffani3
October 29th, 2012, 07:35 AM
Crampy today. I'm never having sex again! :(

Oh no sweetie hope your ok. Don't let him near you again!!! xx

Tiffani3
October 29th, 2012, 07:36 AM
ThreeMenAndALady and nc hope the storm passes quickly thinking of you. Glad the party went well nc xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 29th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Thanks Tiffani. Not sure what to expect here. There's a full moon so that makes the tide higher than usual anyway. My dh had to go to work in Boston, but he said the highway was empty. In the next 4 or 5 hours the wind is really going to pick up and we're expecting widespread power outages and flooding in many areas. 50 million people are going to be affected by this storm. I hope everyone is ok on the east coast.

Turning the page
October 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Sitting here with a restless toddler...work and dayschool cancelled for the storm (Coastal VA)...think it's time for a Cars marathon. ;)
Everyone stay safe up North!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 29th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Turning the page, how did VA do? I saw horrible pics on the news.

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Suregena - def tell him to leave you alone next time! Hope you don't have any more spotting.

Hope everyone stays safe from the storm, looks nasty on the news.

We have woken up to loads of snow today so my boys are very excited! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 29th, 2012, 08:39 AM
On a side note, my friend is making urine this week...lol.

TT_3814
October 29th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Ouch suregena :( I hope the cramps go away soon.

My brother and a friend of mind are on the East coast, adding you ladies that live there on my positive and safe thoughts list. I really hope the storm passes quickly. ((hugs))

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Thinking of everyone on the coast! Stay safe ladies.

Those scans that ended up wrong are very boy like geez. I did read over all 16 weeks scans are Only 60% accurate.

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
My dh is very unhappy I mentioned the possibility of being wrong. He says it's a boy and to get over it and have no hope :-(

mrshonyez
October 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Wow those do look very boy ish!! I've only posted mine with my NT scan pics (which I had gotten mixed guesses on) but no one questioned it. I'm sure I won't be a lucky one to be told it was wrong lol. Rosie, I'm sure my DH would say the same. I haven't said anything to him, partly bc I don't really have any hope that it might be wrong anyways.

Hope you are all staying safe over there on the coast!!

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hugs Rosie, you do hear of them getting it wrong so don't give up completely. Maybe your hubby is trying to protect you from getting your hopes up? x

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Probably so mummy, which I understand.

I just feel like crying soo much. I am in soo much pain. The pressure I have is the same as early labor...it's unbearable at times and then I have the severe sciatica at the same time. All this pain for another boy...I know it sounds terrible :-/ I have never felt more detached from a pregnancy or the baby before. I just want it to be over :tissue: I would rather be holding him in my arms, adoring him.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 29th, 2012, 12:27 PM
I'm so sorry Rosie. I hope the physical and emotional pain you feel gets better soon.

Grace
October 29th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone, I've been off for a while, trying to pull myself together after finding out we're having another boy. The first couple of days were horrible, lots of crying and awful thoughts crossing my mind. Now, a week later, I'm doing better though mostly I feel like you Rosie, detached from this whole pregnancy and not bonding with this poor baby at all. I actually have no hope the doctor got the gender wrong last week, since we went to a renowned specialist, can't believe he would make such a mistake. To be honest, I kind of lost my faith in this swaying business altogether, hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings by saying that. I know my sway wasn't perfect, but I did do a lot of things differently than before and was really hoping to hear girl. I would have been so proud! I could already picture myself telling everyone about my sway and this incredible site, but now I feel silly even mentioning it. Hope things will get better soon for all of us. Perhaps once I feel the baby moving in there it will help me bond with him and get excited about this pregnancy.
Wishing you all good luck with your scans and take care through this rough weather xxx

Tiffani3
October 29th, 2012, 12:37 PM

I just feel like crying soo much. I am in soo much pain. The pressure I have is the same as early labor...it's unbearable at times and then I have the severe sciatica at the same time. All this pain for another boy...I know it sounds terrible :-/ I have never felt more detached from a pregnancy or the baby before. I just want it to be over :tissue: I would rather be holding him in my arms, adoring him.

Oh sweetie big hugs to you. I feel the same, some days I feel really positive and days like today I feel like crying all day.
I'm also so sad we all have to go through this again, why couldn't we all get our dg it's so not fair! :(
x

suregena
October 29th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Ouch suregena :( I hope the cramps go away soon.

It's mainly a dull ache on one side... could it just be from stretching?

Rosie85
October 29th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I am sad we have to go through it again. But hey what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right??

Surgena I really think the cramping is from the pulling and stretching from sex, especially if you ended up Oing...that does a lot to your uterus. If it isn't better by later today I would put more worry into it then but for now I think you are fine!

Turning the page
October 29th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Turning the page, how did VA do? I saw horrible pics on the news.
It's been okay here, just rain, wind, rain, and wind. Still have power, so that's a blessing. But down in the Outer Banks it's been quite devastating...more so than I think anyone was anticipating. Scary to think these things will be happening more frequently over the next decade...
Rosie85 and Grace, my heart goes out to both of you. Your little boys will be so precious and so loved, and when you are dancing with them at their weddings, it will seem impossible that you ever desired anything else. :)
I oscillate between wanting to find out, and staying in the dark in order to hold on to a glimmer of hope during my pregnancy. I strongly feel I'm carrying a boy, and I'm trying to make peace with it now. It's so hard to make sense of why I really, truly care what gender I'm having. I love my son so much, and he is an absolute blast to be around...he makes me laugh hysterically at least once a day. My friend swayed for a boy for her first (got him!), and said she's swaying blue for her next one, too. She has NO desire for a girl at all! Not sure what I'm saying here; just rambling. Stay strong, mamas!

spinningmadly
October 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Rosie I'm so sorry you are upset :(
It's not terrible, I am super sick and I think all this trouble and if it's a boy again I don't know how I will deal.

suregena
October 29th, 2012, 01:21 PM
For some reason I am watching all sorts of ultrasound videos on youtube... and this one was very entertaining - ha ha!

ultrasound at 18 weeks, surprise! its twins! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EStMIHpFow&feature=related)

TT_3814
October 29th, 2012, 01:22 PM

:hugs:

Suregena~ I haven't been given a definite answer but that was one explanation I got from my regular OB was most likely stretching or "growing" pains. I have a dull ache that stays on my left side and I've been on pelvic rest since my BFP..

suregena
October 29th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I am sad we have to go through it again. But hey what doesn't kill you makes you stronger right??

Surgena I really think the cramping is from the pulling and stretching from sex, especially if you ended up Oing...that does a lot to your uterus. If it isn't better by later today I would put more worry into it then but for now I think you are fine!

Well, it was last night and it's 5.30pm right now. It's not bad... just twingey on the side.
I've had no spotting today at all. The only bit of blood was last night, right after... which I do think (and hope) had just been from being dry and stuff... when I am dry that does happen at times so it's not unusual just in general. Since I've had none today I'm hoping that's all it was.

I've had a headache today and am feeling a bit more blah-queasy then I had been the last few days... and have just had that little mild/dull twingeyness on my right.

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 02:14 PM
I pretty much constantly have an achy feeling, like the baby is burrowing down in my pelvis. It eases if I rub my bump and when I take it easy, I think it is everything just stretching and growing.

I feel totally yuck today, think it is due to lack of sleep over the last few days so I am definitely going to get an early night tonight!

Big hugs to those of you feeling sad with GD, it totally sucks but you only have to look at the boys you have to know you would never swap them for a girl. It will get easier with time, and for those who will be trying again I hope and pray that you get your princess next time.

As for swaying I have no idea if there is anything to it or not, all I knew was I wanted to give it my best shot to get my dd even if it meant only increasing the odds by a percentage or two. If I hear boy at my scan in 3 weeks I know I will feel sad too, and need some time to get my head around it, but at least I will know he was meant to be. xxx

mrshonyez
October 29th, 2012, 03:59 PM
That video was too funny! I'd act like that too if it turned out to be twins lol.
I had some spotting right after the last time too. DH has been gone for over 2 months now so I can't comment on if it would've happened again or not. I'm sure it was probably from you being dry or just having a sensitive cervix.

mummypink
October 29th, 2012, 04:32 PM
For some reason I am watching all sorts of ultrasound videos on youtube... and this one was very entertaining - ha ha!

ultrasound at 18 weeks, surprise! its twins! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EStMIHpFow&feature=related)

That is hilarious!!!

coocoobananas
October 29th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I thought I was getting better and I think I am, but tears still come. Now with another poster putting together a chart of successes and opposites its brought all the would ifs back:/ I planned to stay away from here for a week to see if that helped not think of this constantly but here I am! At least it's just the first time;)
I just keep revisiting if I had heard girl, it would have been such a different day and that makes me really sad. Oh and that I wanted 2 boys and a girl not 3 boys and toss a coin again!! I can't put myself through the ringer again emotionally or physically. It's just hard to accept!
On the other hand I knew I would feel guilty if I heard girl, I would have felt that I was so lucky and it wasn't fair that others didn't get that too. Man this is hard!

spinningmadly
October 29th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Where is the chart of successes and opposites ?
Honestly I really want a girl but with dd i was really sick until we lost her at 20 weeks With no sign of relief coming. With the boys i was very sick but it went away/improved before 20 weeks at some point.
My point is I really want to hear girl but I'm so sick right now I can't imagine having to be sick for another 10 weeks at least

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Hope everyone on the coast is okay! Saw a lot of damage on tv today, not good at all.

Last night my friends baby passed away at 8 weeks old from SIDS, it's such a sad day. Hold your babies tight ladies.

homebirthing princess
October 30th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Aww Rosie I'm so sorry to hear about your friends baby, that is horrendous :(

Hope everyone is safe? Xx

mrshonyez
October 30th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Oh no, so sorry Rosie! I don't know what I would do if something happened to one of my kids... Very very sad!

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Yeah it seems with my gender disappointment I have been getting many sad reminders that all that matters is our babies health and that they are here with us safe and loved. Slowly realizing not having a girl isnt the worst thing that could happen to me.

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Oh my that's so sad :(. I couldn't imagine

I keep seeing very sick babies on Facebook and I'm just thankful my babies are healthy

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Not to sound crazy but was it after the 2 month vaccines?

Tiffani3
October 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm so sorry Rosie that's so awful :(

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I have no clue if she had vaccinated her.

I use a snuza monitor and boy does it put your mind at ease a bit.

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 02:39 PM
What's a snuza monitor?

I have a friend whose baby died from SIDS right after the 2 month vaxes :(

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Snuza is a SIDS monitor that clips on their diaper. It vibrates and sets an alarm off if no movement is detected for more than 20 seconds.

homebirthing princess
October 30th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I used an angel sounds monitor, its a sensor mat u place under babys matteress if no movement is detected after 20secs an alam goes off! Like Rosie said having something like that really does helo ease some worry....tho I have to admit I still used to poke them to double check :) xx

Shellbelle
October 30th, 2012, 03:31 PM
I used the angel care monitor, too, but a neighbor had one as well so we could hear them and they could hear us. ;) We got a digital monitor instead, so we will use a Snuza this time around.

3girlsinarow
October 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Oh, Rosie, that is so heartbreaking about your friend's baby...wow it sure does remind us to be ever so thankful for our sweet, healthy children.

I had my doc appointment today and officially got my anatomy scan scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 29th at 9 am EST. Yippppeeee... I am just so curious to see what's in there, and if they tell me it's a boy, I will likely just fall right off the table in disbelief. All you ladies seeking pink can send all your blue stuff my way.....also got to hear the heartbeat today for the first time.....ofcourse we always worry about things like "what if the doc can't find the heartbeat and something is wrong..." but as soon as he placed it on my belly, wham....the heartbeat was racing away....such a glorious sound. The doc said the heartbeat was in the 150's....I know it's an old wive's tale I guess, but what is it they say about the heartbeat in boys vs. girls? I can't remember exactly. Hope everyone affected by the storm is safe...I know this week is a scary time for a lot of people.

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Im gonna get a snuza

Cinss
October 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Oh Rosie such sad news :( Can i ask if the parents smoke? MY DP smokes (not inside) but that freaks me out, we used the angle care monitor with DD and it never went off thank god, except when i would take her out for night feeds and forget to switch it off, haha DP hated that he would get woken by the alarm hehe.

3girlsinarow it must have been great to hear the HB :) i have my 1st scan tomorrow (12 weeks) i am so excited to finally get a peek at my baby :)

mummypink
October 30th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Rosie - I'm so sorry to hear your friends sad news, just heartbreaking - and yes it really puts things in perspective how lucky we are to have our little ones. I had a clip on nappy monitor too, definitely puts your mind at rest a little.

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Cinss xx

Sending all my blue baby dust to Cinss and 3girlsinarow :)

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Cinss she does smoke, not sure if in the house or not...I know she smoked while pregnant too. I know it can play a role in SIDS. So ladies please never Smoke around your babies or in the house!

mummypink
October 30th, 2012, 05:21 PM
It's one thing I am very thankful for that neither me or dh have ever smoked. xx

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I have never smoked either. My mom and dad did, in the house and everything. My mom also smoke and drank through pregnancy. I'm surprised I'm not worse off, ha.

Cinss
October 30th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I actually quit smoking for my boy sway last december so i have been smoke free for almost a year now :) but i am ashamed to say i did smoke when DD was concieved, while i was pregnant with her and even after she was born :( I feel so terrible that i wasnt able to quit for her, and if i had lost her to sids i dont know how i would have coped, the guilt would have destroyed me :(

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Cinss, congrats on not smoking for almost a year. That's a huge accomplishment. I hope you're proud of that!!!

Turning the page
October 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
You are a good mama, Cinss. Congratulations on being smoke-free for a year! I had quit for forever, but started back up after my son was born, when he was around 6 weeks old. He was so screamy and colicky those first few months, and I felt like I was losing my marbles. I would bundle up, sneak outside on the porch and smoke, then come back inside, change clothes, and wash my face, neck, and hands. So silly and stupid, but I swear it kept me from falling off the deep end--not proud of it at all! Quit again after a few months of that nonsense--lol.

Cinss
October 30th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Cinss, congrats on not smoking for almost a year. That's a huge accomplishment. I hope you're proud of that!!!

Thanks yes i am proud of myself it was pretty tough, but it gave me my appitite back which really helped me on the HE diet ;)

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Well I lost my dd and did everything perfectly last time so who knows .

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Don't be ashamed Cinss, nobody is perfect! I do plenty of horrible things. Congrats on being smoke free for a year! Being a smoker doesn't make you a bad person, it's just a poor choice but like I said we all make poor choices at times

I really hope my friend doesn't blame herself due to the smoking, it really could have had nothing to with it, it's one of those things you will never know so shouldn't feel guilt over.

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I did everything by the book with ds1 and he has autism...so being perfect doesn't guarantee anything. Promising to be the best mother you can be does have effect though :-). Bad things happen to good people sometimes but they happen for reasons beyond our understanding. Nobody should have to go through what spinning did or my friend., but it's part of our reality And we need to realize some things are just out of our hands.

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone know a place in the united states that does sperm separation? Not Microsoft but the old fashioned technique. I hears it can be 90% Effective for a girl and is pretty affordable.

Mrs_P
October 30th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hi Rosie - really sorry to hear about your friend its something no parent should ever have to go through.

We nearly lost our precious ds2 dylan when he was 2 and it was the worst thing i have ever had to live through - banished any gd i had with ds3 instantly - i was so grateful to have the healthy happy beautiful children i have and i am thankful everyday for them and for the fact that he was ok. At a time when i feel myseld slipping into gd again i remind myself of those feelings and blessed i am - i'm glad your bonding with your little boy, i'm sorry you didn't get your daughter but above all i am really happy he is perfect x

NCBeachyGrl
October 30th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Rosie - I have been looking into HT and the Ericson method is really only 50/50 and I read that each IUI has a low % of getting pg....like 12% or something so it takes around 3-4 IUIs to get pg. After paying all that, you might as well try HT. Have you looked into your insurance to see about HT? For some ppl, it can cover a lot and for others...nothing. I am on the nothing list so looks like I will have to sway for #4.

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Insurance would cover gender selection? I doubt they cover ivf for someone as fertile as I am though regardless.

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Ć c

mrshonyez
October 30th, 2012, 07:14 PM
I think that might be why I haven't had GD this time like I thought I would, both my babies had some major health issues to begin with so I have always been terrified of losing them. I'm extremely thankful they are fine now, so it really makes me think twice.

I have been looking into HT options already too. I don't think I could do the ivf though... I wouldn't mind trying some kind of sperm sorting though if we could afford it. If you ladies find any info, please pass it my way :)

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 07:15 PM
I don't know our insurance covers infertility up to 10,000 so I guess iVf? But I don't need it so I don't know if the dr could justify it.

NCBeachyGrl
October 30th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Supposedly blue cross doesn't ask any questions...others have requirements. It is really interesting to research!!

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
Well we have blue cross but id think the dr would still have to code the procedure properly ..

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 08:04 PM
It's always in the back of my mind to do HT but I know it would be at least 2-3 years (bc of nursing) that I would be able to do it

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Before diving into ht research I am still holding out hope for my scan being wrong, haha

NCBeachyGrl
October 30th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Well we have blue cross but id think the dr would still have to code the procedure properly ..

As long as there are no requirements from BC for going with IVF, the fertility clinic would know how to code everything. I have read forums where ppl with really good insurance paid like $200 a cycle. It is crazy! There are even lists of employers that offer insurance with IVF. Very interesting for sure!! Although I'm not sure if the PGD portion is covered and I think that alone is a few thousand.

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 08:43 PM
So if I donate eggs a few times I can cover most of the cost...hopefully the first round would take because you pay for each try full price right?

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Would you donate eggs?

TT_3814
October 30th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Rosie~ Oh, your poor friend. :( Very, very heartbreaking.

Spinning~ That's so sad about your friend as well, and scary.

Cinss~ Quitting is so hard, great job being smoke free for a year!!! :D I have tons of blue dust, please help yourself to as much as you want!

Hope everyone else is doing well. Good appointment today, cervix still long and closed and baby is fine. 17P shots start in two weeks. DH found out the gender too, but will confirm it at the 20 week scan. I'll update with the exact date when the radiology department calls.

Rosie85
October 30th, 2012, 09:44 PM
I would indeed donate eggs :-)

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 09:47 PM
Good for you!
lol I mean that

I don't think I could :/. I'd feel like my babies were floating around somewhere lol

spinningmadly
October 30th, 2012, 11:31 PM
I can't remember if I posted this before
But when I puke it's so forceful that I almost always end up peeing my pants!! Am I the only one with this problem??

Balanchine
October 31st, 2012, 05:45 AM
I can't remember if I posted this before
But when I puke it's so forceful that I almost always end up peeing my pants!! Am I the only one with this problem??

Me too! All the freakin time. I keep a spare set of clothes at work!! I'm 14 weeks and it's been worse this week!

Winngrin
October 31st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Trying to catch up here, so much going on!
3M I'm so excited to get the pup, except that dh gets to name her and he's picked Loretta!! Guess I can call her Lulu. That's so funny that you have a Basset too, I knew I liked you!

Lots of boys around here, I'm hoping those who have heard opposite are feeling OK and trying to just enjoy their little peanuts. My scan is next week on the 7th. I'm not sure if it's my big scan or just a quick gender check. I was told probably boy at 13 weeks but that was based on a potty shot so we'll see, dh and I both thought nub looked girl but having a hard time thinking I could ever really hear girl.

We sure need some more successful sways, this thread isn't looking so good, but at least misery loves company!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 31st, 2012, 07:52 AM
Shedding many tears this morning for my neighbors in NY and NJ. I can't believe the devastation on the east coast. Things will never look the same again. This is so hard for me to understand. And I'm angry. Sorry for the vent ladies.

Tiffani3
October 31st, 2012, 08:01 AM
Oh no big hugs to you ThreeMenAndALady xx

TT_3814
October 31st, 2012, 01:58 PM
:hugs: ThreeMenAndALady I was watching the news last night, I'm so heartbroken for those devestated by Sandy. I'm thankful that my sister's boyfriend is okay but we're still very worried about our brother. No word from him or his wife.. :( No apologies necessary, it's horrible.

:wave: Winngrin

Rosie85
October 31st, 2012, 04:09 PM
I am so sad to see all those places destroyed by the hurricane. A lot of history is gone along with many peoples homes. Just so so sad.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 31st, 2012, 04:23 PM
I just can't seem to stop thinking about it. I've spent my whole life living in Massachusetts and have family that live on Long Island. I go to NY a few times a year and have vacationed in Seaside Heights, NJ. The first rollercoaster I ever went on is now in the Atlantic Ocean!!! I planned on taking my kids there next year. I know they'll rebuild, but they'll never get back what was. Every time I turn on the tv, more people have died. It's hard for me to think about how lucky we were to not have that much damage when our neighbors are suffering. And I'm sad that the kids in these areas won't be trick or treating tonight. We're still having nasty wind blown rain come all of a sudden from this terrible storm. And I feel like the people of NY have dealt with enough to last a lifetime after September 11th. Why did this have to happen to them now!!!! It's just not fair!!!!

Shellbelle
October 31st, 2012, 04:51 PM
It is so sad. The pictures I'm seeing on tv and from friends up there on Facebook are just awful.

Shellbelle
October 31st, 2012, 04:55 PM
I just switched doctors. Like, 5 minutes ago.

DH is in the medical field, so we have several friends who are OB nurses. I asked them for info on my doc, and they said he doesn't deliver. As in, whoever is on call will deliver your baby, because he won't show up.

So... it just so happens that my FIRST choice of docs, who wasn't taking new patients when my old (fantastic) doc retired, started accepting again this week. I am so relieved! And maybe this means I will get an NT scan after all.

Ktiguewantspink
October 31st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Hi guys, I know I don't belong here but I wanted to say thanks for all of the nice words being said in regards to hurricane sandy. I live about a half hour from Atlantic city and am devastated by what has become of our yearly vacation spot. Our particular area was hit hard but not near as bad as our shores. It sad to know that some many people are still suffering with power out and Or dealing with damages. Just wanted to comment that your thoughts and comments mean a lot. And must I add I feel lucky to have made it through, it was pretty scary! Thanks!

Oh and sadly no trick or treating for us... Booooo

Cinss
October 31st, 2012, 08:20 PM
I have my nt scan in 4 hours... Its the first peek at our baby i dont know weather to be :running: or :nails:

jark22
October 31st, 2012, 08:24 PM
Good luck Cinss!!! I hope you get a nub pic to post. I have my NT on Monday! When are you due?

Cinss
October 31st, 2012, 09:18 PM
Thanks jark im hoping for nice nub shots :) due 15th May.

NCBeachyGrl
October 31st, 2012, 10:07 PM
Cinss - how did it go? Did you get any good pics?

Rosie85
October 31st, 2012, 10:13 PM
Ladies my friend just had a baby girl a week ago and is posting pic after pic...I'm getting depressed. Now I've gone on to thinking what if I didn't sway at all, would I be having a girl instead?