PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

NCBeachyGrl
November 9th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Rosie do you go to the Mall of America? lol

LOL!!!!! I bet that place is insane!!!!

Anyone trying to get the new Wii U this year? I don't know why I do these things to myself, but I decided this would be the best combined santa present this year and now I have to figure out how to get one. They are opening stores at midnight around here but I wonder if I could get it online???

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 9th, 2012, 04:27 PM
We have xbox, 3ds and the old wii so we're not getting it. But it does look cool. My kids are obsessed with my dh's iphone. So I'm thinking about getting 2 ipod touch's. Idk though. I don't know that much about this stuff. NC do you?

Rosie85
November 9th, 2012, 04:30 PM
No I will not be going to MOA! Eeeeek! I stay around home and just do the regular stores. target is my main stop usually. I'm not getting a wii u and no idea where to find it either...sorry!

mrshonyez
November 9th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Spinning- that's a tricky one! I hope it's a girl though!

You Black Friday shoppers are brave! I went last year for the first time as an adult, and we heard someone get tazed a few feet away and then heard lots of yelling so we left. Nothing is worth all that lol!! I don't plan on going again either! I don't know what we're doing for thanksgiving either, but DH will actually be off work this year.
My DS1 was obsessed with my iPhone too, so my MIL gave him her old iPhone 3GS. He's even playing with it right now. DH got me an iPad so he also HAD to get DS1 a kindle fire... Expensive for a 3 year old :/ but it keeps him busy on road trips and he watches movies to sleep, plus plays educational games so I guess it's worth it.

TT_3814
November 9th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Good luck hosting Thanksgiving at your house, Beachy, you'll do fine! :) I hope you're able to get the Wii without any issues.

My husband is seriously thinking of getting it but I'm trying to talk him out of it lol, he sold the first Wii that came out within a week of buying it. We have a PS3 that's he wants a game for anyway that's not on the Wii, the kids still play their games just fine when they earn video game time.

Have fun Black Friday shopping ladies, stay safe!!! I have to agree with mrshonez about being brave, I've heard enough crazy stories to never want to go out during those sales.

NCBeachyGrl
November 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
We have xbox, 3ds and the old wii so we're not getting it. But it does look cool. My kids are obsessed with my dh's iphone. So I'm thinking about getting 2 ipod touch's. Idk though. I don't know that much about this stuff. NC do you?

We have an iPad and iPhone and the kids love to play those. So spoiled for 3 & 5!! I'm not sure about the ipod touch...if it will have enough to keep them busy. What about an iPad or a Kindle Fire? I think the original version is down to $150 and you could do more with that than the iPod! You can download books and pretty much all the same iPad games. And, it would be good for you to enjoy too!

coocoobananas
November 9th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Omg that tazer thing made me laugh... Is that wrong?!
I've had an awful day today, just everything going wrong like replying to an email to my sons teacher with some frustrated comments that I meant to forward to my husband:/ so I feel like a heel:/ I did apologize immediately after... It's a long story so I don't feel bad about what I said, I was just venting... But it was to the person in was about... I'll laugh about this later I am sure!!?! So anyway with that an ticking off another friend unintentinally (shes more like a frenemy) and then of course wondering of #3 was a bad idea (for so many reasons) I'm just feeling like I'm screwing up all over the place!!
The only good part is that my gd must be leaving as I'm not thinking about the gender of this baby through all this... Which would normally be where my mind would wander when I'm feeling sorry for myself!
I'm hoping I get out of this slump with everything soon, my iron is extremely low which I think is attributing to the depressive feelings and not dealing with things well. And now really, I dOnt know why I'm rambling this off to all you guys just thought it was a good place as the moral of this story is although everything thing else seems crappy... My gd seems to be getting better! Probably helps ds2 just randomly said 'I love you mom' and is stroking my hair:)
I <3 boys:)

NCBeachyGrl
November 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Coocoo - I am always so scared I am going to do that!!!! I'm sorry you have had a bad day/week/month. At least it is close to the holidays and you will really hold tight to your boys. I love it when they play with my hair!!

coocoobananas
November 9th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Yes, I will never say anything about someone via email or text again... Just behind their back verbally;) I know all people do this but I would hate to hear what people are saying behind my back so I don't want to make anyone feel that way either:(
I swear I'm a nice person lol!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 9th, 2012, 06:16 PM
NC I was thinking about a Kindle Fire. If you have info about it could you pm me?? I would love to get them something they could use for reading too.

Shellbelle
November 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Yes, I will never say anything about someone via email or text again... Just behind their back verbally;) I know all people do this but I would hate to hear what people are saying behind my back so I don't want to make anyone feel that way either:(
I swear I'm a nice person lol!!

I laughed out loud because I have done this before. And I still cringe when I remember it. :( I'm sorry you had a bad day!

mrshonyez
November 9th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Sorry you've had such a hard time coocoo! I've sent a text to the wrong person before, but not exactly like that... Back before I met DH I accidentally sent an "I miss you" text to my ex instead of my bf at the time (both names started with a Br so I didn't look at the rest of the name lol) so I felt awful. Not quite the same, but I still felt bad and had a lot of explaining to do lol!!

3m, my son loves his kindle fire! Although, make sure you have the parental lock set... He purchased $30 worth of content this week bc I thought I had it set, but didn't. Luckily amazon understood and is refunding us!! But he loves his books and games. He's got several educational games, and a few just for fun. I would also say look into getting the Otterbox for it.

spinningmadly
November 9th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hahahha. Coocoo im sorry to laugh but I almost wanna know what the email said

I did something similar once and hit reply all instead of reply on an email :x

coocoobananas
November 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Well if u really want to know my boys go to an all French school (hubby is French Canadian) but I am the parent who deals with all school stuff but I'm English obviously;) so basically what I can't google translate I have to send to my husband... Well I said how I didn't know what the hell she was talking about and I should just act stupid to get out of volunteering basically (pull the 'oh I didn't understand card)
I was just really frustrated because I have actually missed some important things due to my lack of French (like my son getting out of school early... Somehow missed that memo!!) why the one time I'm kinda nasty about it I reply instead of forward... It feels like life has been hard on me lately... Although I'm kinda the cause of it really:/

mummypink
November 10th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Oooops Coocoo! As you say I'm sure one day you will look back and laugh - hope so! ;)
I sympathise on the not understanding everything as my Norwegian is still a work in progress and I sometimes really struggle to understand what they are telling me at the boys nursery. Very frustrating at times!

Hope things pick up for you soon.

We're getting snowboards for our boys this Christmas, they were using my dhs board last winter which was obviously way too big but they loved it! We're a bit behind technology wise, I've only just got myself an android phone lol! We have an old style wii which I use for the wii fit and the boys sometimes play games on it, and I have the first style Kindle which is great for me to get books in English on. I think everything is a bit behind technology wise over here to be honest but I quite enjoy it! We got ds1 a leappad explorer last Christmas and both boys play on that.

My scan is a week on Monday and I am driving myself nuts! I switch from trying to convince myself that it is definitely a boy to try and prepare myself to daydreaming about hearing the words 'its a girl!' and how amazing that would be. Arrrggghhh! Part of me just wants it over with and to know that baby is healthy and measuring ok, and part of me just wants to stick my head in the sand and focus on the important stuff and not find out the gender. Dh thinks it is ridiculous not to find out the gender as he wants to be able to get organised, choose a name etc. Plus he saw the gender with both boys scans before the tech said anything so I know not finding out isn't an option unless the baby keeps its legs crossed.

mummypink
November 10th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Oh my - I just checked on our scan dates list am I really the next one to have a gender scan? Or has anyone got one next week?

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Ugh I know the gender thing is driving me nuts. Most people here and on baby center guessed girl on my nub but my friend just said same thing happened with her son, same office, same peri (prob not the same tech) and it's a boy! (tech said girl dr said boy) although there was a 50% chance he was right. Lol. What I don't get is he said boy based on that shot which i just don't see.!

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:55 AM
3d place/friend Said she could tell on dec 5, but I have a scan anyway the 14th at high risk. Not sure if I want to find out at high risk and seem upset about gender especially if baby is healthy ,where they are used to seeing sick babies or those with missing limbs etc :(

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 10th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Spinning, that's the reason I went for an early scan. I need to wrap my head completely around the idea of a boy. My scan is on the 28th and I didn't want to cry at the hospital when they said he was a boy. And I didn't want to tell people with tears in my eyes. A few weeks will do me good. And I'll be saying "it's a boy" with a big smile on my face. I really do hate gd. It came around a bit again last night. I went to bed with a heavy heart. Worrying about things that I know in a few years I will think are absolutely ridiculous. The one thing I will regret is enjoying the pregnancy because it is my last. I am really trying to focus on the blessing, not the gender...so many lessons to learn. lol

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 08:37 AM
The more I think if it's a boy the more I'm torn about having another. I just want to move on past the baby phase. I love babies but I want to start enjoying watching my kids grow and do things with them without being pregnant or having a baby to drag around. As they get bigger I just want to start purging baby stuff, lol. I am tired of this swaying/hoping/Waiting for gender etc, I can't have a 100 boys just to get a girl. And if I did ht I'd have to wait a few years. Ugh. I have extreme dislike right now for people with one of each gender lol

mummypink
November 10th, 2012, 09:53 AM
I know what you mean spinning, I'm looking forward to this baby being my last and being able to clear out the old baby stuff and have more space in the house. I also could not go through this again, ht isn't an option and if we were to have a 4th it wouldn't be because I wanted another child it would be because I wanted a daughter which just wouldn't be fair. So this is definitely our last.
I do think this is the worst bit, as you say Threemen once we find out the gender if it is a boy we can get our heads around it and look forward to meeting him. I remember my gd with ds2 but we had always said we would have three so I knew the chance of a dd wasn't ruled out altogether. I hope I handle it as well as everyone else on here, I know that I will love him to pieces regardless. It is just at the moment there is still a chance that maybe this is my little girl so the dream is still a possibility and I feel like I am torturing myself with it.

Spinning - if you think an earlier scan would help then why not go for it? I really really hope you have a little girl in there. xx

jark22
November 10th, 2012, 10:25 AM
I also have set up an early gender scan.......but no one except DH knows about it. If it's another boy I may not want to share that right away. It will give me a few weeks to wrap my head around it and then I will be able to announce the gender with pride. I wish I had a friend who was a u/s tech!!!

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Yeah I think I'm wondering if I'm going to question the result that early like I did last time (although she was right) ill be 15 weeks then

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 10th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Ladies do you think over the next few weeks we could bounce nursery ideas off of eachother? I am putting the baby in with my dd for now. She has a room that splits into 2 rooms. I'd like to do neutral paint on the wall and use the same drapes, but then decorate each room seperately. Do you all have any idea what you're going to do for your little guys space?

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Im no help, my kids co sleep for the first couple years so I never bothered to do a nursery after the first who never used his lol

mummypink
November 10th, 2012, 01:31 PM
We're in the process of building an extension on our house at the moment which won't be finished before the baby is born so they will be in with us for probably at least the first 6 months. My two boys share a room at the moment so we have a guest room free for family and friends that come over to visit. There room isn't huge so they have bunk beds in there, I'm looking forward to getting the house finished so they can have their own room and we can finally decorate a room each for them.

Although we're currently waiting to find out if dh is being offered a new job that would start next Autumn and would mean a house move!!

So I'm not much use on nursery ideas I'm afraid as I've never really done one, I was around 35 weeks pregnant with DS1 when we moved here so his room was painted white and the furniture was put in. Then we painted it blue when he moved into a full size bed and before ds2 was born. Ds2 was in our room until he was 9 months old and then went into share with his brother. x

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Ok someone's going to hate me for posting this. But my cousin found out the sex but had it put in a cake and won't know until they cut it tonight. First of all gender reveal stuff that that irritates the hell out of me. I really don't care what she's having (other than to be irritated if it's a girl) secondly she's been posting on fb NON STOP about it and counting down!! Really who has an extra 4 hours out of their night to sit around and wait for you to announce the gender!! Just post it on fb!

Ugh ok. My vent. I love you all, seriously no offense to whomever is into that but I am so not that kind to make an "event" out of everything and she 100% is.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 10th, 2012, 01:47 PM
I hear you spinning. My cousin had gender reveal cupcakes. They recorded it and put it on facebook. Of course when they bit into it there was pink filling in the middle. That pissed me right off. And a good friend of mine is having a girl in February. All set with her pic that she'll send to announce her arrival. She'll have 2 boys and 2 girls. But they are the biggest spoiled brats, so I don't envy her, just wish my dd and I got another little lady. And I went with her to her u/s. She thought she was having a boy, and it was a girl. I was so distraught I had to leave the room. I told her my dh was texting me that the baby wouldn't stop crying...horrible I know. Anything to protect the gd from flaring up!!!

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Oh my!!! I refused to go to this party so did my SIL she's irritated too lol.

I just saw this nub , crazy, I thought it was total boy!
http://community.babycenter.com/post/a31648111/update_-turtle_or_anyone_-_is_there_any_way_this_could_be_a_girl

cravingsalt
November 10th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Forgive me for intruding on your thread, I like to come here now and then and collect bits of babydust. :bigsmile:
Threemen- my boys' room is beach/surfer themed. I have a full sized (wooden) surf board secured in one corner, pottery barn beach bedding with Quiksilver pillowcases, paper kites hanging from string, faux-coral bookends, driftwood on top of the bookshelf, little metal VW van w/surfboards on top- "Beach this way" and "Surfer Boys" sign- the possibilities are endless and you don't have to buy from one place. It has been that way since they were babes in dark cherry cribs and has just evolved with them. It's been really nice because it wasn't so baby-ish and pastel that I had to switch anything out, just switched from cribs to toddler beds. I remember thinking before ds2 that it would be a good theme for a girl, too- I'd love a cool little surfer chick.

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Forgive me for intruding on your thread, I like to come here now and then and collect bits of babydust. :bigsmile:
Threemen- my boys' room is beach/surfer themed. I have a full sized (wooden) surf board secured in one corner, pottery barn beach bedding with Quiksilver pillowcases, paper kites hanging from string, faux-coral bookends, driftwood on top of the bookshelf, little metal VW van w/surfboards on top- "Beach this way" and "Surfer Boys" sign- the possibilities are endless and you don't have to buy from one place. It has been that way since they were babes in dark cherry cribs and has just evolved with them. It's been really nice because it wasn't so baby-ish and pastel that I had to switch anything out, just switched from cribs to toddler beds. I remember thinking before ds2 that it would be a good theme for a girl, too- I'd love a cool little surfer chick.

I love this idea, and dd would, too.

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM
So, still nubsessed. And some of the people who are considered nub experts guessed boy on one board and girl on the other, using the same pics. So I guess I just need to let this go until my next scan, when things should be more obvious.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm in the same place shell. did you see that nub I posted? that link? looked like boy but was a girl. So we just won't know until it's closer I think!!

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 03:04 PM
how do I fix my ticker? i guess it doesn't really matter but its off by a day and bothering me!

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
I'm in the same place shell. did you see that nub I posted? that link? looked like boy but was a girl. So we just won't know until it's closer I think!!

I think you're right. I still think my baby is a boy, but I'm not sure you can really determine that from the 12 week nub, especially after talking to a few techs.

I really, really hope yours is a girl, sweetie.

Turning the page
November 10th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Ok someone's going to hate me for posting this. But my cousin found out the sex but had it put in a cake and won't know until they cut it tonight. First of all gender reveal stuff that that irritates the hell out of me. I really don't care what she's having (other than to be irritated if it's a girl) secondly she's been posting on fb NON STOP about it and counting down!! Really who has an extra 4 hours out of their night to sit around and wait for you to announce the gender!! Just post it on fb!

Ugh ok. My vent. I love you all, seriously no offense to whomever is into that but I am so not that kind to make an "event" out of everything and she 100% is.

I totally agree with you! I thought the entire purpose of a "gender reveal" party was for the entire party to find out at the same time, including the mother and father! I went to one of those parties before, and I thought it was really sweet that everyone at the party found out at the same time (they found out they were having a fourth boy)!

Turning the page
November 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Oh wait, I think I misread your post. She doesn't know the gender either? I thought you were saying that she already knew, but she was going to surprise everyone at the party. I suppose I don't see anything wrong with a gender reveal party as long as everyone finds out at the same time. I would never do anything like that personally, Though. :)

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
LOL. I'm glad I didn't make anyone mad! I'm sure part of my irritation is that I"m sure it will be girl and my mood.

Thanks Shell. I hope yours turns out to be too!
I think I'm discouraged bc I feel like I would have to be super lucky to have a girl TWO times in a row...bc technically that's what it would be... and for some reason I just thought of that today and it got me really down on the possibility.
and ds1 is just on my nerves today doing boy things , like talking about poop and other various "boy" things lol.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 03:33 PM
from what I understand, she does know it!

Lassie1982
November 10th, 2012, 04:25 PM

That sounds so cool :) I love it!

Feel free to pop in anytime for extra baby dust (though most of it does appear to be blue at this stage LOL)

Lassie1982
November 10th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Oh my!!! I refused to go to this party so did my SIL she's irritated too lol.

I just saw this nub , crazy, I thought it was total boy!
UPDATE -Turtle or anyone - is there any way this could be a girl?!? - Ultrasounds - BabyCenter (http://community.babycenter.com/post/a31648111/update_-turtle_or_anyone_-_is_there_any_way_this_could_be_a_girl)

wow spinning thats a great find! My shots are 11w6d, so only one days difference, maybe there is hope for me yet? Ive got mostly boy gueeses for my shots, and on a different site i have ONLY boy guesses LOL...
I just think to myself that surely all these people cant be wrong?
Ah well we shall know for sure in 19 days :)

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 04:56 PM
While surfing the galleries on IG (which is back up, btw), there are a LOT of confirmed boy shots that originally got all girl guesses, which is why my tech friend says she really doesn't like nub theory.

Honestly, I'd rather hear all boy guesses and end up with a boy than hear all girl guesses and then find out it was a boy, kwim?

After having two techs say girl, and say that the "angle" others are posting about isn't apparent in my pics, and then other experienced nubbers say boy and then girl on separate sites, I just think that (at least for me) its too early to be definitive. But I still consider my self "preggo with a boy until proven otherwise." I know that no matter how prepared I try to be, once that slim hope is taken away at the gender scan it will be hard to take, and I don't want to give myself false hope.

suregena
November 10th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Im no help, my kids co sleep for the first couple years so I never bothered to do a nursery after the first who never used his lol

Ditto here - my son only just recently at almost three has a sort of room, that he sleeps in at night.

suregena
November 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I still cannot feel my uterus! It's probably still too early... but I'm just hoping it's still growing in there!

coocoobananas
November 10th, 2012, 05:09 PM
I still cannot feel my uterus! It's probably still too early... but I'm just hoping it's still growing in there!

I remember mine 'popping' overnight at 16 weeks... So you have time yet;)

coocoobananas
November 10th, 2012, 05:13 PM
So doing well with this gd stuff but then go to a craft fair and see an old co worker... Who I'm not crazy about:p
Standing there with her 2 girls she asks me if I know what I'm having (I haven't been able to keep it secret with anyone lol) so I say another boy and she says "oh L___, 3 boys! They have so much energy' and like tisking me... Wth? She sees I'm pregnant, what the hell good is that going to do for me?!? I almost think my gd would be better if not from all the judgement in the outside world!! And how the f does she know what boys are like? It's totally judgemental! I don't see how 3 boys will be any more work than 3 girls... Arghhh, people suck!

Lassie1982
November 10th, 2012, 05:15 PM
While surfing the galleries on IG (which is back up, btw), there are a LOT of confirmed boy shots that originally got all girl guesses, which is why my tech friend says she really doesn't like nub theory.

Honestly, I'd rather hear all boy guesses and end up with a boy than hear all girl guesses and then find out it was a boy, kwim?

After having two techs say girl, and say that the "angle" others are posting about isn't apparent in my pics, and then other experienced nubbers say boy and then girl on separate sites, I just think that (at least for me) its too early to be definitive. But I still consider my self "preggo with a boy until proven otherwise." I know that no matter how prepared I try to be, once that slim hope is taken away at the gender scan it will be hard to take, and I don't want to give myself false hope.

Im going to check it out now!

You've summed it all up very well there :)

There seem to be incorrect 'guesses' everywhere before the 20week mark.
A small part of me is worried about the accuracy of the gender i will be given at my 15week gender scan. But having said that I am booked into a place that specifically does Gender Scans and Bonding scans, so all they do each and every day is determine gender, so surely they have got to be pretty experienced in picking the parts correctly!

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Im going to check it out now!

You've summed it all up very well there :)

There seem to be incorrect 'guesses' everywhere before the 20week mark.
A small part of me is worried about the accuracy of the gender i will be given at my 15week gender scan. But having said that I am booked into a place that specifically does Gender Scans and Bonding scans, so all they do each and every day is determine gender, so surely they have got to be pretty experienced in picking the parts correctly!

Good luck! We don't have such a place nearby, but my docs office offers elective scans starting at 16 weeks. If they tell me boy then, I will totally believe it. But if they say girl I know myself -- I won't believe it until the 20 week confirmation lol.

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
So doing well with this gd stuff but then go to a craft fair and see an old co worker... Who I'm not crazy about:p
Standing there with her 2 girls she asks me if I know what I'm having (I haven't been able to keep it secret with anyone lol) so I say another boy and she says "oh L___, 3 boys! They have so much energy' and like tisking me... Wth? She sees I'm pregnant, what the hell good is that going to do for me?!? I almost think my gd would be better if not from all the judgement in the outside world!! And how the f does she know what boys are like? It's totally judgemental! I don't see how 3 boys will be any more work than 3 girls... Arghhh, people suck!

As if you have control or could change things! I hate that! I'm already getting "Six kids??? Don't y'all know how to keep that from happening?" Yeah, not funny.

Lassie1982
November 10th, 2012, 05:20 PM

The first time i felt mine was about 10 weeks, but it was barely there, and i really had to feel for it, and finding it was very hit and miss.
And then this morning, it literally popped, overnight. When i lie on my back its protruding, round and firm. DOnt worry, you'll get there :)

I noticed in your siggy you have a gender scan booked! Exciting :)
Are you having an NT aswell?

Lassie1982
November 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM

What a cow! That is so insensitive and RUDE. I'd have shot back with something like "dont pity me love, you've got the teenage years to look forward to - with 2 girls, you'll need more patience then mother theresa"

It is so horrible when people make comments.

I haven't had any 'nasty' ones as yet, but I have had a couple that have hurt...though I know the intention of the comment wasn't to be hurtful.
One of the girls at work (who is 26 but deadset has the maturity of a 12yr old) said "its going to be such a disappointment if its a boy!" I just shot back at said, "no actually it wont be a disappointment, as long as its happy and healthy is all that matter" and then she carried on with "yeh, but I'll still be upset for you"
I know she didnt mean it in a nasty way, she is just flippant and juvenile, but it hurt that anybody would label my child a 'disappointment'

suregena
November 10th, 2012, 05:38 PM
The first time i felt mine was about 10 weeks, but it was barely there, and i really had to feel for it, and finding it was very hit and miss.
And then this morning, it literally popped, overnight. When i lie on my back its protruding, round and firm. DOnt worry, you'll get there :)

I noticed in your siggy you have a gender scan booked! Exciting :)
Are you having an NT aswell?

I'm supposed to - they said they would send the appointment in the mail. I figure if I haven't heard anything by the middle of this coming week, I'll contact them again.

Cinss
November 10th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I have had 5 pages of boy guesses here and 5 boy guesses on IG but looking at the confirmed girl pics over there freaks me out, i see some looking exactly like mine, i think we all just take the guesses with a pinch of salt and wait for confirmation. I can feel my uterus now and im 13 weeks along.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Honestly ,I know the experienced guessers don't do this ,but I feel like whatever the first person says sometimes other people just follow suit.. When it comes to nub theory..

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Honestly ,I know the experienced guessers don't do this ,but I feel like whatever the first person says sometimes other people just follow suit.. When it comes to nub theory..

Lol, I have noticed that, too, but didn't want to get yelled at for saying so. If someone replies with confidence, everyone else seems to agree. I've been watching several threads and have seen it on nubs that I felt could really go either way.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Here and baby center almost all girl guesses for mine and on IG boy.. Just goes to show.

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Some girls were bumping threads three or four times with no guesses, IMO because it was just really hard to say either way, and as soon as someone comes on and says "very ___" there are six or seven similar guesses.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Haha yup exactly , Its fun to see guesses but I know mine can go either way

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Here and baby center almost all girl guesses for mine and on IG boy.. Just goes to show.

On IG, my first was an "I'm not sure but I think maybe girl." Then someone said "that's over 30%" and suddenly there were all boy guesses. And I've had more than one person say "the nub is flat in the first shot but angled in the 2nd," but it can't be both a girl and a boy.

After talking with my tech friend and watching the DVD a couple of times, it seems to depend a lot on the moment the image was captured. For instance, one of my prints shows what looks like a bulb, but if you watch the video it is actually "junk" from the tech moving the image in and out to get a better profile. Some people have snagged potty shots that weren't focused on genitals, but on other parts of the lower body.

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 07:36 PM
In other news, I am banning The Fresh Beat Band in the same way I banned Dora the Explorer. I just can't take another episode. Lol.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Omg Dora is banned in my house, she really irritates me!!!
My kids don't like fbb thank goodness.

Yeah that second image I posted I'm not sure what that blob is. The one I originally posted is the shot he gave me when we were looking at the nub. What I don't get is that it really doesn't have much angle but he said boy and the tech was still saying girl. I just don't see what he saw. He kept saying look its up but in relation to the spine it wasn't up.

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 07:48 PM
ugh and... my cousins having a girl.. seriously. i do NOT feel like seeing my family for the holidays

Rosie85
November 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
I think my gender disappointment has taken a weird turn. I am finding myself annoyed at all girls. I see little girls and all I can see is bad qualities. I think it is a defense mechanism because last week it was the opposite! haha

Cinss
November 10th, 2012, 08:14 PM

ohh haha i never thought of that, and yes its probably true!

Shellbelle
November 10th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I think my gender disappointment has taken a weird turn. I am finding myself annoyed at all girls. I see little girls and all I can see is bad qualities. I think it is a defense mechanism because last week it was the opposite! haha

GD is such a strong thing. :( I hope you feel better tomorrow!

Myloves
November 10th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I hope all of you ladies suffering from GD rise above soon :awe: Urgh, GD is such a pain in the ass.

auroara78
November 10th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Rosie, that's how I felt after I knew DS2 was a boy...I kept picking on little girls in my head...like I'm glad I'm going to have boys who won't giggle that annoying little laugh...yeah, I know, total asshole, hah! I had forgotten about it till I read what you were feeling.

maybe I shouldn't be this honest, but when fresh beat band comes on in my house I turn it off and if my oldest whines or gets upset I tell him "mommy really doesn't like them!" I also despise the fairly oddparents...grrr! My oldest loves spongebob and he is tolerable, some are actually funny. DS2's fave is "bubble guppies." When it comes on he wiggles his butt and starts to say "bubble bub bubble" (he's only 18 mos old, so still not talking in full sentences, just words.)

spinningmadly
November 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM
What are bubble guppies? Lol sounds like something my ds2 would like.
Oh this is funny ds1 and ds2's new favorite show is strawberry shortcake! Lol! Ds1 discovered it himself on Netflix.

I'm having a rough night with gd too.
I was thinkin tonight there's no good responses from people either if I tell them the gender. If its a boy I will get all the Awww another boy comments (which really rile me up extra bc I feel the need to point out we had a girl) or if it's a girl I'll get all the " are they sure? U/s is never certain, so and so was told girl and now it's a boy!" ughh

auroara78
November 10th, 2012, 10:52 PM
spinning hun, I heard that thru my entire pregnancy, from students where I work, to faculty (NURSING faculty!) it was so annoying, I kept doubting the U/S and DH was like "really? we know what we saw!" and of course he was right--ppl got me all worked up for nothing...and I just looked at your nub thread, and I really think this is going to be your girl hun. :celebrate: I know it can't replace the one you lost....but she fill your heart in a new way.

bubble guppies is a show on nick jr. and sometimes on regular nick...it's like a preschooler type show, it's about these half fish half human looking things that live underwater lol, hard to explain, but the songs are cute (not annoying like fbb) and it's just a cute little show.

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I know this is a really stupid thing as it is an old wives tale but with both my boys their heartbeats sounded like a steam train all the way through the pregnancy, this time it sounds like a galloping horse. I know it is just a myth but I'm clinging on to any little thing at the moment that maybe this is a girl.

Have you all had a mixture of hb rhythms with your babies or has it changed depending on their gender?

suregena
November 11th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Omg Dora is banned in my house, she really irritates me!!!
My kids don't like fbb thank goodness.

Yeah that second image I posted I'm not sure what that blob is. The one I originally posted is the shot he gave me when we were looking at the nub. What I don't get is that it really doesn't have much angle but he said boy and the tech was still saying girl. I just don't see what he saw. He kept saying look its up but in relation to the spine it wasn't up.

I can't stand the modern kid's shows... they're irritating. Obviously, I only have access (on TV, anyway) to British ones over here, anyway, too. I figured if he was going to watch something on TV, I wanted it to be something I equally enjoyed and could interact with him with.... same with my husband. So we actually cancelled our TV and rely on DVDs. He gets a steady mix of American and British children's programs from the 60s onwards. Classic Sesame Street, Chorlton & The Wheelies (British show), etc. He loves Pee Wee's Playhouse, The Muppet's Show, Gumby, Bagpuss (UK show), Wallace & Gromit (UK show), The Electric Company, Charlie Brown, etcetera. My mom has joked he'll think he's in the 70s and I was like, "Nuh uh! He watches Yo Gabba Gabba, too!" Ha.

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Mummy pink- that's funny that you say that. I don't really believe in the heart rate theory - but it has crossed my mind this time at something to hold on to. Both of my boys were steadily at 165-170 bpm. This little one had been between 145 and 158 bpm.

My niece was always between 130 and 140 bpm and my nephews were always on the faster side, like my boys. The doctor was 99% sure I was a boy because my heart rate was in the 140s (they didn't do ultrasounds then). So everyone was very surprised when I popped out a girl-and I didn't have a name for almost a week!

So maybe this is my girl since the heart rate theory seems to be opposite in my family ...... Any little glimmer of hope I will take until I am told for certain :)

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM
The heart rates for all three of mine have been pretty similar, in the 150s to start with but this one is still at between 150-153 and at this time with the boys they had dropped into the 140s.

As you say I know it is a myth but so hard not to cling to any possibility that this could be a girl!

7 days left of being able to daydream about pink.

It has been a horrible rainy weekend and my boys are driving me mental with their boredom and bad behaviour. Feel like I have been telling them off none stop as they are constantly fighting and I just have no patience at the moment. Feel like such a bad mummy. :sad:

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 08:27 AM
My kids heart rates have been 140s.except for my dd last time and this time have been much faster. My tech at the u/s even mentioned that when they were disagreeing about the sex and the dr was like" you know Hb is not conclusive. " ugh

Just realized there's no way I can go shopping for my cousins shower. I'm making dh do it and I don't wanna go :(. I feel like its so much more of a smack in the face bc she made such a big deal.

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Hugs spinning, I'm really surprised she made such a big thing of it knowing that you lost a baby. I don't blame you for not wanting to go shopping for something for her.

Fingers crossed in a few weeks you will be hearing pink at your u/s and that will help ease the heartache you are feeling. xx

Shellbelle
November 11th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Spinning, could you just get her a gift card? I don't think I could go buy her girl clothes in your situation. I just couldn't.

Shellbelle
November 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
I always have crazy dreams while I'm pregnant, but with this one I have a similar dream every night: I'm running around town looking for a toilet, and they're all either occupied or out of order for some bizarre reason (for instance, the ceiling of the bathroom is built 5 inches above the seat, so you can't fit on it). I'm praying that I don't wet the bed during one of these dreams!

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 10:07 AM
lol shell thats funny.
I keep having dreams where I am so thirsty and nothing fixes how dry my mouth is. I think it's bc I'm dehydrated

Shellbelle
November 11th, 2012, 10:09 AM
lol shell thats funny.
I keep having dreams where I am so thirsty and nothing fixes how dry my mouth is. I think it's bc I'm dehydrated

When I'm really stressed and feel like I am responsible for too many obligations, I have dreams that I have this grainy chewing gum filling my mouth and I just can't get rid of it. And when I feel like my life is out of control, I have dreams about tornados and vampires. Lol.

I'm not sure I've ever had a dry mouth dream though. Maybe you ARE dehydrated. :)

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 10:18 AM
lol Shell!
I've been having weird dreams but not the same one.

I had a really sad one last week where I was standing in a doorway waving goodbye to my brother who was going to the cinema. As he was walking away I realised my Dad was with him, he looked really sad and I wanted to go after him as I realised it had been ages since I saw him and chatted to him and I felt bad as though I just hadn't bothered to get in touch. I couldn't find my shoes anywhere and when I looked up they had gone. I woke up thinking 'oh I must call my Dad' but then quickly remembered he died 3 years ago. :sad:
I think the dream came about because I've been thinking how sad it is that I can't tell my Dad I'm pregnant this time or share any of it with him.

Sorry for the depressing post!!

How is everyone getting on morning sickness wise? Is everyone over the worst now? Any good cravings?

I'm still mega keen on white bread which I don't normally have, thankfully I have managed to find a bakery not far away that makes a loaf similar to Tiger bread. Plus Wensleydale cheese which my mum had to bring out with her when she last visited as we can't buy it! I'm actually not as bothered about chocolate as normal which is strange for me, and generally I don't have much of an appetite still.

Shellbelle
November 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Oh, mummy, that's such a sad dream! Hugs!!!

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Oh that's a sad dream , I'm sorry :(

Whenever I'm overwhelmed I have dreams I lose my kids somewhere or forget them somewhere :x

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Thanks lovely ladies. xx

I'm surprised I had time to dream to be honest as we've got both boys out of pull up nappies at night now so I've been getting disturbed by at least one of them announcing to me either their bed is wet or that they have been to the toilet! I'm hoping it will all be worth it and that by the time I'm heavily pregnant they will both be consistently dry!

Shellbelle
November 11th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks lovely ladies. xx

I'm surprised I had time to dream to be honest as we've got both boys out of pull up nappies at night now so I've been getting disturbed by at least one of them announcing to me either their bed is wet or that they have been to the toilet! I'm hoping it will all be worth it and that by the time I'm heavily pregnant they will both be consistently dry!

We are in the middle of this with my 2yo ds, but we are only potty-training during the day. At night he yells when his diaper is wet. :( This kid has never slept through the night, though, so I guess I'm better prepared for a newborn.

We cloth diaper, so I'd really like for DS to be mostly out of diapers by the time this little one is born, so I don't have to buy too many more. ;)

Brandles
November 11th, 2012, 11:20 AM
lol Shell!
I've been having weird dreams but not the same one.

I had a really sad one last week where I was standing in a doorway waving goodbye to my brother who was going to the cinema. As he was walking away I realised my Dad was with him, he looked really sad and I wanted to go after him as I realised it had been ages since I saw him and chatted to him and I felt bad as though I just hadn't bothered to get in touch. I couldn't find my shoes anywhere and when I looked up they had gone. I woke up thinking 'oh I must call my Dad' but then quickly remembered he died 3 years ago. :sad:
I think the dream came about because I've been thinking how sad it is that I can't tell my Dad I'm pregnant this time or share any of it with him.

Sorry for the depressing post!!

How is everyone getting on morning sickness wise? Is everyone over the worst now? Any good cravings?

I'm still mega keen on white bread which I don't normally have, thankfully I have managed to find a bakery not far away that makes a loaf similar to Tiger bread. Plus Wensleydale cheese which my mum had to bring out with her when she last visited as we can't buy it! I'm actually not as bothered about chocolate as normal which is strange for me, and generally I don't have much of an appetite still.

Your dream has me all teary eyed. I'm so sorry about your dad. :bighug: He knows your pregnant and he's watching over your little one now. I have been having some wild and totally off the wall dreams here too. Some sad and some funny.

I totally don't have an appetite unless its chocolate!!! I totally have a food aversion and can't eat meats, can't smell them, hard to cook them. Just thinking about meat makes me feel icky.

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Oh gosh Shell, hope he get the hang of the potty soon so you can get a few good nights sleep before the baby arrives. Both of mine are dry during the day thankfully so that is one thing! Ds1 was dry at night for ages too and then went through a phase of wetting the bed and I just couldn't cope with the washing so put him back in pull ups. I've got a dryer now so although it is a pain to change their sheets it isn't impossible to get them washed and dry at least.

Thanks Brandles xxx

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 01:04 PM
I had crazy crazy dreams when I was preggo with my boys. This time I don't really remember any of my dreams. I wonder if I'm trying to protect myself from dreaming about my mom since she only died 6 months ago.......

My brother had a dream about 6 weeks before I got preggo. He dreamt about our mom- and she told him that someone was going to get pregnant and that she was going to come back as that baby. I've been jealous that he's had so many dreams about our mom. I really do want I dream about her since it's the only way I will be able to "see" her or "talk" to her again. Anyway - sorry about another sad story. I've just been struggling lately.

TT_3814
November 11th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Big (((hugs))) mummypink.

Quite a few bizarre dreams but the one that stands out is the dream I had not too long ago. In the dream it was December, I gave birth to a 25 weeker at home with no assistance. Everything was fine, no hospital stay, no nicu, he nursed perfectly and was healthy. I was so in love with him but at the same time I couldn't believe it, all kept thinking was how am I going to explain this to my due date group??

As for cravings, Louisiana hot sauce!!!! I can't get enough...

I'm sorry about your mom, Jark. ***hugs***

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Jark22 - I didn't start having dreams about my Dad until about a year after he died, although my brother had them earlier. As you say I think part of it is just our brains trying to process it all and it is all just too much in the early days. I still don't dream about him very often, and when I do he is usually in the background somewhere.
I do get his voice in my head though when I'm doing things during the day, just words of advice or things he would have said that make me smile and feel sad at the same time.
You don't ever stop missing them but it does get more manageable, sometimes a song on the radio brings me to tears, sometimes I'm watching the boys playing and I wish my Dad was there so much to see them it is unbearable. Other days I remember things he said or we did together and feel happy and lucky to have had him as my Dad.

Big hugs xxx

mummypink
November 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Thanks TT xx

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Spinning- did you post on IG? There is a nub photo there that looks similar to yours.

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Haha yes. I have such different guesses on there , here and baby center

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 05:47 PM
And honestly the more confirmed nubs I look at, the less sold I am on the theory lol

busylady4
November 11th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Due may 20 and swayed girl (half way)

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 06:58 PM
It seems as though on IG- they don't care so much for the angle. They base it on whether they see a 'knobby' end or not- no matter how flat the nub is....

Cinss
November 11th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Spinning me too, ive just booked an early gender scan cause im freaking out over my nub shots even though i have 100% boy guesses im still not convinced.

Busylady4 welcome :)

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Welcome busy lady:). I'm due May 15th and I also swayed girl!

jark22
November 11th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Just wanted to share a picture I just made. This is all three of my babies (including the one currently cooking) :).
This is their first picture all together LOL!

TT_3814
November 11th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Welcome busy lady! :)

Cinss
November 11th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Jark thats really cute, looks like they all have the same nose :)

spinningmadly
November 11th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Lol jark I noticed that too on IG and looking at more and more confirmed shots I'm less convinced that shape is definitive of anything

suregena
November 12th, 2012, 05:21 AM
We are in the middle of this with my 2yo ds, but we are only potty-training during the day. At night he yells when his diaper is wet. :( This kid has never slept through the night, though, so I guess I'm better prepared for a newborn.

We cloth diaper, so I'd really like for DS to be mostly out of diapers by the time this little one is born, so I don't have to buy too many more. ;)

My son is fully potty learned in the day. It took three or so days for him to 'get it' and by a week he was accident free. I did that three day potty training method. I have three days off in a row from work each week (only work four days a week) so it was the most consistent thing I could think of (because I wanted him trained before I went to the US in December.) It really worked, easy. I just had bought a carpet cleaner for his accidents and just didn't sweat it but he HATED the accidents. I had him with no underwear on so he could see what his body was doing and then after three days put him in underwear.

He hates being wet at night, too. He'll wake up if he has to pee and shouts for us that he needs the potty. I'm glad, at least, he really knows that feeling well rather then just going (he is still sleeping in a cloth diaper at night.)

suregena
November 12th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I got my NT scan appointment in the mail - Friday!

I'm going to quietly look for the nub and I will get a photo from the scan, but can't be sure the photo I get will be a good one showing nub or not.

fish2012
November 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM
I got my NT scan appointment in the mail - Friday!

I'm going to quietly look for the nub and I will get a photo from the scan, but can't be sure the photo I get will be a good one showing nub or not.

i can't belive your so far along copngrats xxx

suregena
November 12th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Thank you! I just hope it's still growing in there! :/

3blue2013
November 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Who are the techs on IG? I know charliecats is one, but are there any others?

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Isn't cold water one?

3blue2013
November 12th, 2012, 09:23 AM
I thought so based on her reply to my nub shot, but I wasn't certain.

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 09:30 AM
I thought coldwater was considered an expert but wasn't a real tech?

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Yeah I'm really not sure which she is?
Turtle is on on babycenter right?

3blue2013
November 12th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I thought coldwater was considered an expert but wasn't a real tech?

I know that is the case with lovemy4. I'm driving myself crazy with my nub shot. I know I should just let it go, but I would love to know there is def. no hope at guessing. I'm getting almost all boy guesses but lovemy4 and cold water have both said my baby is in a position where it is impossible to guess so they won't. I'm not sure what to think!

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Turtle is on BC, yes. :)

3blue2013
November 12th, 2012, 09:45 AM
And turtle is a tech or "expert?"

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Tech I believe

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Turtle is a tech and has been for many years.

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 10:35 AM
How is everyone feeling? 3m, is your ms finally fading?

I have been feeling better the past few days and have actually felt like cooking again. Lol. We finally have a little cool weather, so I'm baking bread today and my house smells delicious. I wouldn't have been able to do it two weeks ago, so that's progress!

suregena
November 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I keep feeling like I'm better but I still mostly feel pretty blah. I was 100% normal by now with my son. I've not had debilitating morning sickness this time, so I don't mind per se, but I do sort of still feel blah.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Cold day for us here! Snowing and 20 degrees only. Making tater tot hot dish for dinner and pumpkin bars! Hope everyone is well.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Oh my! I can't believe I am almost half done with this pregnancy already, seems like yesterday I signed up and met all you ladies!

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Oh, pumpkin bars! I'm making potato soup for dinner, so that's why I have beer bread in the oven. Dh is home and being cooked for makes him happier than just about anything else. Good thing I love to cook.

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Suregena, I hope you feel better soon! I'm really achy and grouchy still, and I suspect that will only get worse lol. But at least the nausea is mostly gone.

Shellbelle
November 12th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Rosie, that seems crazy that you're already so far along!

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
It is crazy! I a, finally feeling movement too so I am happy! Not in a hurry to give birth though. I want to try and enjoy 20 weeks more.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Mmm potato soup is the best! I should make some this week!

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Rosie- do you feel more connected to the baby now that there's movement?
I am afraid if it's a boy I will feel so down and detached but was hoping once I felt movement that would change

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Spinning, the movements help a lot with feeling attached. I am sad I won't have my girl yet but I don't feel sad about this partcular little guy not being a girl. I am super excited for him and can't wait to see him on ultrasound again in a couple weeks.

I do still have fear about it being a boy in the sense that my oldest is on the spectrum and it's more likely for male siblings to also be on the spectrum. We got lucky with DS2 so I feel like I can't get lucky again and DS3 will have prblems. I really hope not though. A girl would have been less of a worry with that for sure.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 11:41 AM
oh and spinning your baby is totally a girl, I just know it!

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
I've thought about that too with males being more likely to be diagnosed with autism. We fortunately have not had to deal with that but ds1 had a lot of sensory issues as a baby which is what makes me concerned .

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Lol and thanks but we will see soon! Dec 5th is my appt now but not sure if I will make it later !

mummypink
November 12th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Brandles - how did you get on with your scan today?

Rosie - good to hear you are feeling movement now and are looking forward to meeting your new little man :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
How is everyone feeling? 3m, is your ms finally fading?

I have been feeling better the past few days and have actually felt like cooking again. Lol. We finally have a little cool weather, so I'm baking bread today and my house smells delicious. I wouldn't have been able to do it two weeks ago, so that's progress!

Hello Shell. Thanks for asking about me. I'm still sick. I have good days and bad. The last 2 were bad. I really hate ms!! How's everyone else doing?

cravingsalt
November 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
Hey ladies!

I peek in here from time to time to check on all the preggo chicks who were trying when I started. I just wanted to say that I’m sorry to hear about the string of opposites lately- only because I know GD is a wretched thing to go through, and it’s hard to think about much else when gender is the only thing we know them by- but in six months’ time can’t wait to see the flood of beautiful bouncing baby pics. No way you’d trade them for a flat nub when you see those cherubic little faces. Anyway- I wanted to congratulate everyone on their beautiful healthy babes- and I bet you guys are adorable with your bellies starting to pop.

Also wanted to share- I was in the store yesterday with my two little men and checking out the lady with the beautiful daughters in front of me- she was buying little skirts and hair bows and other girly things. The little girls were dark skinned with the most beautiful curly hair and crystal blue eyes. I caught her eye and told her how well-behaved and gorgeous they were (trying not to let my envy show too obviously)- and she sighed and looked wistfully at my guys, and told me she was jealous of ME! Funny. At any rate, hope you all are feeling well, leaving the MS behind, starting to feel those lovely kicks, and rockin’ the cleavage!

mummypink
November 12th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Awww, thanks Cravingsalt. Hope you get your BFP very soon!

So true we always want what we don't have, and often forget to be happy with what we have been blessed with. GD truly sucks but as you say once we are holding our gorgeous newborns we truly won't care what is between the legs. :) x

suregena
November 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Breastfeeding at the moment makes my skin crawl! It's nothing other then it just feeling sensitive... not in a painful way, just in a naggingly tickle-y weird way. I just can't describe it! He's been having a feed every other night or thereabouts (I wait for him to ask) and it's only short feeds because my milk supply has already dropped quite a lot. It's so weird. Hahah.

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
@surgena that's normal when pregnant! It stinks!

Mrs_P
November 12th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi ladies, just checkin in see how you all are and see whether anyone has any news. Threemen i hope you are feeling a little better now - you've been in my thoughts GD does really suck.

Mummypink was checking see if there was any news from you - i had the strangest dream the other day that you had a little girl - she was early but perfect, then i woke up and checked on here and realized that you'd updated your ticker and found out it was little girl and i remember thinking i must be physic -then i woke for real so i am either physic or crazy!

3blue2013
November 12th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Someone please tell me this metal taste doesn't last the whole pregnancy. I'll be 14 wks tomorrow and don't member it lasting this long. It makes me want to gag all day!!!

Cinss
November 12th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh no, DD just cut half her hair off :( She has never had a haircut and i was trying to grow it long, now its ruined, she litterally chopped chunks down to he scalp! its my fault for not hiding the sicssors :(

jark22
November 12th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Oh no Cinss! How old is she?

jark22
November 12th, 2012, 05:48 PM
NCBeachyGrl- can you please add me to the list. I'm due May 15tg and swaye girl. Thanks :)

Cinss
November 12th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Oh no Cinss! How old is she?

She will be 3 in January, her hair is so fine and doesnt grow fast, now it looks so bad like half her head is shaved :(

jark22
November 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM
:(. Maybe a hairdresser can figure out a cute style for her. I remember cutting my hair when I was 4. I also cut my bangs when I was 9 and it was baaaaaaad!!!

Cinss
November 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Oh my, it looks worse irl.... How on earth am i going to fix this!?!?!?

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
oh no! Girls are trouble with their hair, I cut mine too when I was younger!

If it were me I would cut some length off of the bottom even though I am sure it took FOREVER to get there. It will make it look thicker everywhere if it's a bit shorter and can bounce up a bit.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Love all the pink in her room by the way! Ugh I am back to being in love with girls! haha I can't see her face but I bet she is such a cutie!!

Cinss
November 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Love all the pink in her room by the way! Ugh I am back to being in love with girls! haha I can't see her face but I bet she is such a cutie!!

Thanks, her room is a mess! and shes not so cute today unfortunatly, i think we will have to go hat shopping.

Here is one with her face, i didnt want to post because she has texta on it and i look like the worst mother ever, i think i spend too much time on here with my back turned haha.

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
She is beyond cute!!

hahaha don't feel bad, every mother needs a sanity break. There are times my back is turned and the boys do horrible things and I always tell my Dh I was in the bathroom, hahaha.

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Omg don't feel bad. I cut my hair too more than once as a kid!
It will grow back eventually

One time I tried to put it in pigtails when I was 3-4, obviously they weren't very good ones, and any left over hair i just cut off with scissors. Lol

Jheitz- I have the same awful taste in you mouth. I keep brushing my teeth and chewing gum, I hate it!

Butterfly Spirit
November 12th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Haha Cinss I did that when I was 3 or 4! I had two long pigtails and cut one like completely off! hahaha my mom was PISSED! :)

Butterfly Spirit
November 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Omg don't feel bad. I cut my hair too more than once as a kid!
It will grow back eventually

One time I tried to put it in pigtails when I was 3-4, obviously they weren't very good ones, and any left over hair i just cut off with scissors. Lol

Jheitz- I have the same awful taste in you mouth. I keep brushing my teeth and chewing gum, I hate it!

Old fashioned lemon drops helped me with the nasty taste in my mouth..

Butterfly Spirit
November 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Breastfeeding at the moment makes my skin crawl! It's nothing other then it just feeling sensitive... not in a painful way, just in a naggingly tickle-y weird way. I just can't describe it! He's been having a feed every other night or thereabouts (I wait for him to ask) and it's only short feeds because my milk supply has already dropped quite a lot. It's so weird. Hahah.

Yup... once I stopped being able to squeeze milk out of my nipples..it drove me NUTS to nurse ds#2 .. I barely let him do it now. Just for comfort because I love him so much lol.. but I can't stand it for long! Sometimes they just ache and I tell him no.

spinningmadly
November 12th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Ds2 has been wanting to nurse lately like a newborn and if I don't let him he puts his face in his hands and bursts into tears , it's so pitiful. Needless to say he's been getting a lot of lollipops instead of nursing lol

I'll try the lemon drops thanks!

Rosie85
November 12th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I have ridiculously sensitive nipples at all times. My bra rubbing the wrong way drives me bonkers. It's actually even connected to rage for me. I am not a huge fan of breastfeeding because of it, I still try to do it though but they are never older than a few months when I stop making milk all together anyhow. I am shuttering just thinking about it....ick

mummypink
November 13th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Hi ladies, just checkin in see how you all are and see whether anyone has any news. Threemen i hope you are feeling a little better now - you've been in my thoughts GD does really suck.

Mummypink was checking see if there was any news from you - i had the strangest dream the other day that you had a little girl - she was early but perfect, then i woke up and checked on here and realized that you'd updated your ticker and found out it was little girl and i remember thinking i must be physic -then i woke for real so i am either physic or crazy!

Oh Mrs P I hope you're psychic! :D I have my scan on Monday morning so will hopefully find out then, I'm so nervous! xx

mummypink
November 13th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Cinss - oh no! Kids huh?! My ds1 cut a big chunk out of his hair at the front a month or so ago and it too us forever to cut his hair so it wasn't so noticeable. Of course it had to be just a few days before his nursery photographs!
I would cut it all shorter and get her a nice hat to wear, you may find it grows back thicker and hopefully it won't take long to get to a nice length. Otherwise she will have to write a nice letter to Santa asking for lovely long hair! ;) xx

Lassie1982
November 13th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Oh no cinns :(
Try not to despair, if her hair is quite fine then it might be better for her hair long term if you do clip it short and start from scratch, some say its an old wives tale, others swear by it, but many people do clip young baby girls hair to strengthen and thicken it long term.
I have seen it done twice (they were both under 18m but can't remember exactly) they both clipped their girls hair twice, and it DID end up growing back noticeably thicker.
Another home remedy for increased hair growth - and one that I can personally vouch for - is caster oil, a couple of drops on your finger tips and massage it into the scalp. I've used this on myself many times and there is a noticeable difference in the speed of growth, have a google there's lots of info on the net about it. (Also works wonders for eyelashes, put a drop on a cotton bud and wipe over the top of your lash line and watch those lashes grow sky high)
Good luck, and don't worry, you'll laugh about this one day :)

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 05:59 AM
Thanks guys, i am over the shock of it now, i am just going to take her to the hairdresser to see what they can do, it is kind of funny now because it looks like a mullet, and she is very proud of her handy work, i spent the afternoon cutting paper with her, because THAT is what we use scissors for at home ;)

homebirthing princess
November 13th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well? Not posting much these days (i guess I feel bad as so many of you have heard boy I don't want to rub my dd in anyone's face iykwim?) but I'm always on here catching up with you all :)

Cinss, oh dear she is a little monkey :) ds2 had super fine hair that just took forever to grow, my hair dresser suggested trimming it to help thicken it up and it really worked he has super thick hair now that grows far to fast! Fx your dds grows bk quickly to....she's still a little beauty though! :)

Mummy I'm really thinking pink for u hun, hope your feeling ok I remember what the last few days b4 the BIG scan feels like!

As for me I'm doing ok....had a scare on the wkend tho I started spotting and I was getting tummy tightenings it was so uncomfortable I rang midwife who suggested I rest for a couple of hrs with a pad on to see how the spotting went then to call bk so they could decide if I needed to be seen, luckily it stopped but my tummy still felt uncomfortable, midwife told me to just rest which I have and fx I feel ok today! Was very scary though....I never had any probs with my first to Barr abit of early spotting but this pregnancy has been hard work with the sickness, tiredness now this and I'm also getting horrible pain between my legs down there has any1 else ever experienced this? I'm so worried this time its horrible just want to be 37wks and to have her here now!
Xx

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Hbp I was wondering if that's why you have been so quiet !! You dot have to stay away or feel bad. You wanted a Girl as much as the rest of us that do and I am sure everyone is happy for you!

I had weird pelvic pain last time and with ds2. Like a pressure deep down on my pelvic bone, is that what it's like?

Butterfly Spirit
November 13th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Hi ladies, hope everyone is well? Not posting much these days (i guess I feel bad as so many of you have heard boy I don't want to rub my dd in anyone's face iykwim?) but I'm always on here catching up with you all :)

For the record, this is exactly how I feel too.

You ladies are so wonderful and strong, and I'm sorry things didn't work out. :(

So :HH: to you all, and I will check in periodically in on you all!

Butterfly Spirit
November 13th, 2012, 07:48 AM
HBP, I am so sorry you are experiencing that.. UGH..
I will pray for you hon. My U/S tech did tell me that baby can survive outside of the womb at 24 weeks..amazingly enough! I never thought that was possible.. but just incase anything unexpected happens, I will be praying for you my friend!

homebirthing princess
November 13th, 2012, 07:57 AM
Thank u spinning :) and yep thats exactly the feeling I have but it really hurts to walk, I booked in with the midwife tomorrow because of what happened on the wkend I just want to get checked out and didn't fancy waiting till my 28wk app I'm going to ask about getting referred for some physio as its just so painful down there!

Hi butterfly lovely to hear from u, hope all is well with u and your princess? Xxx

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah it's not a comfortable pain at all! My doula had the same pains with her last two as well.
I hope it feels better soon!

Tiffani3
November 13th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Hi girls I've had such bad achy pains too! It's so bad some times :( I guess it's just everything stretching!?!?

I had my 20 week scan today and he's still a boy!! Was secretly hoping it would pop back in lol!
I have also told everyone today that it is a boy though texting mostly so I don't have to see there pity faces as I do feel (now!) very special to have 4 boys! But!!!! I have a decorator in painting at the moment and I told her and she literally had a laughing fit and told me I needed to find a man with girl sperm! Even if it was for just one night! Really!!!! So politely just laughed! Omg some people! xx

mummypink
November 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Homebirthing don't stay away! Always lovely to hear your updates, and I know none of us begrudge you your girl even if we don't get our desired gender. You're proof that it is possible! :) I am super nervous about the scan, partly the normal stuff hoping that everything is ok with the baby and also just dreading hearing if it is another boy. I seem to switch between worrying if everything is ok, to worrying how I will feel if it is another boy - to feeling guilty that I'm even worried about gender as I'm so blessed to be having another baby!
We had to put a date down for one of our sons parents meeting today and it was either the end of next week or beginning of December so I opted for December because I thought if I hear boy on Monday I may need a while to get my head around it before I can sit and cheerfully tell people. How stupid is that?

Scary stuff about the spotting hb, I'm so glad it stopped and that you were able to take it easy. Can they do another scan so you can see what may have caused the spotting?

I get sharp pains if I try and get up quickly, and I get crampy pains down in my pelvis but I think that is because the baby seems to love cramming down there as low as possible!
I'm starting to get more regular popping type feelings of movement which is nice, I'm hoping they get stronger over the next few days as I know that is something that will help after the scan on Monday if it is another boy.

My morning sickness has gone but I have been as grumpy as anything and have such a short fuse. :rolleyes:

mummypink
November 13th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Tiffani - what a weird reaction for her to laugh?! Some people seriously deserve a slap!! Hope you don't get any more stupid comments. xxx

TT_3814
November 13th, 2012, 12:25 PM
(((hugs))) Cinss, the joys of motherhood, right? ;) I'd like to see what the hairdresser comes up with, if you decide to post the pics. :)

HBP~ I hope things settle down for you. I went through something similar and I suspect my cervix started it. Started getting preterm labor like symptoms and pain down there but it alternated with pressure. Doctors never did figure it out, just labeled it as pregnancy aches/pains. I hope resting helps you and sending calming vibes your way.

Tiffany~ That's just plain rude to laugh in your face like that. :/ Even if she didn't mean it to be insulting, it still is not to mention ignorant. Sorry you had to deal with that, I agree with pp, hope there is no more rude comments for you. xx

Mummy~ Same here with having a short fuse. Everything gets on my nerves, yikes!

Rosie85
November 13th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Hey ladies I too have pelvis, pubic pressure and cramping. I told the doc it feels like early labor, he said its normal especially for third and fourth pregnancies.?? He said the pain would get worse and more frequent if it meant anything. Mine actually eased up a ton after gong to the chiropractor.

Hbp please do not feel as if you need to stay away! It doesn't bother me at all! You deserve your baby girl and our friendships. If someone doesn't want you here because you are carrying a girl....they can leave, haha. I am over the Bulk of the gender thing. I just really value all your friendships! I come here for support about gender and pregnancy in general and also just to cheer myself up!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 13th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Hi girls I've had such bad achy pains too! It's so bad some times :( I guess it's just everything stretching!?!?

I had my 20 week scan today and he's still a boy!! Was secretly hoping it would pop back in lol!
I have also told everyone today that it is a boy though texting mostly so I don't have to see there pity faces as I do feel (now!) very special to have 4 boys! But!!!! I have a decorator in painting at the moment and I told her and she literally had a laughing fit and told me I needed to find a man with girl sperm! Even if it was for just one night! Really!!!! So politely just laughed! Omg some people! xx

People are so stupid sometimes. And as you know, this thread is all about a slap or punch in the face if need be...lol. I have my scan on the 28th and am hoping just a bit that his penis falls off and a vagina forms in the next 2 weeks...hahaha. Glad he looks good. And 4 boys really is special. I keep telling myself that and it does make me feel better. All of this gd garbage will work itself out and in 25 years we'll be welcoming our grandchildren into the world. It's all good. I love you girls and am so proud of you!!!

Tiffani3
November 13th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks girls she's a 50 year old decorator with no children or husband so it kind of says it all! Hopefully she won't make anymore stupid comments!

Hbp I agree I am so pleased you have your dd I couldn't ever be jealious or upset that any of the girls on here got your dg because I love you all!! We all started this journey together all with the same feelings of wanting and I really feel that means something and it connects us all xx

Shellbelle
November 13th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Hey ladies I too have pelvis, pubic pressure and cramping. I told the doc it feels like early labor, he said its normal especially for third and fourth pregnancies.?? He said the pain would get worse and more frequent if it meant anything.

I had this so bad with my last baby (3rd pregnancy). I thought it was because I was on my feet all day, but regardless of the reason, it was so uncomfortable. My doc told me the same thing.

suregena
November 13th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Yup... once I stopped being able to squeeze milk out of my nipples..it drove me NUTS to nurse ds#2 .. I barely let him do it now. Just for comfort because I love him so much lol.. but I can't stand it for long! Sometimes they just ache and I tell him no.

Call me gross (what breastfeeding mother hasn't done this before?) but I tried to squeeze some out and it no longer shoots out, just dribbles out. And it feels REALLY sticky... like syrup! Sooo weird.
And I remembered it tasting like sort of sweet honey milk or melted vanilla ice cream (ha ha!) before and it tastes like almost sour now! It's SO WEIRD. My son hasn't turned off on it yet (though, like tonight he's had no feed... didn't ask for one) but it soooo weird what pregnancy does to an existing milk supply. It'll be back in action next year in late May/early April, though... hahah...

homebirthing princess
November 13th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Aw thanks ladies it means a lot u still want me here :)

Mummy gd pulls u in every direction I felt exactly the same as u do.....let's face it we all want a healthy baby regardless of gender thats the most important thing obviously but it still doesn't stop our want for a DG does it!! It's time this thread has some good news and I'm sure u will be the one to give it to us.....sending you all some of my pink dust (and abit of blue for ya'll who needs it) I will be stalking Monday what time is your scan again?

Tiff congrats again on your little boy.....I seriously can't believe some1 said that to u is she stupid???,she deserves a big ole slap!!

Thanx for letting me know I'm not alone with the pelvic pain and that it is normal, I feel like I'm falling apart this pregnancy and to top it off my once perfect skin is now covered in spots ahhh whats she doing to me lol!!

P.s mummy my moods are horrible to but I have to say I think they were worse in the wks leading up to my scan, which I put down to the worry!! I'm still a moody biatch now though lol
Xx

mummypink
November 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks Hb. :) My scan is at 9:30am which is 08:30am UK time, and it is at the local hospital so hopefully I will be on here by mid morning for either sympathetic hugs or celebrations that maybe the luck is beginning to change for the rest of the group still waiting.

Suregena - I so wish my bm had ever shot out lol! I only ever got a pathetic dribble even with an electric pump. For the first time ever though my cup size has gone up nearly 2 sizes - so I really really hope that my body has finally got the message and I'll be able to bf no problems this time. I'm going to make sure I pack my multivits in my hospital bag this time though too as after reading all the stuff you gave me I was thinking hmmm, of all the time my body most probably needs a kick of vitamins and minerals it is after giving birth. I had 3-4 days in hospital after both boys without any at the most crucial time for getting my milk supply going. Hoping I am onto something with that! x

Tiffani3
November 13th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Course we want you here hbp we all started this journey together with all the same feelings that's what brought us all together and I love all you ladies. Your all so so so special to me xx

Oh and the lady, She's a 50 yr old decorator with no children and no husband so kind of says it all really lol so didn't massively hit a nerve was just so shocked that some people come out with such beep!!!! So not going to slap her as she doesn't have a clue Lol

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 05:12 PM
HP i am having a tough time with the spots on my face too :( i am trying to drink more water to see if it helps but then i have to go to the toilet so many times its such a pain.

I had my check up on Monday and the Dr couldn't find the heartbeat :worry: She said its still a bit early and bub may be hiding?!? Not very reassuring i can tell you!

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Oh my cinss how far along are you? That must be nerve wrecking!
She didt want to double check w u/s?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 13th, 2012, 05:16 PM
HP i am having a tough time with the spots on my face too :( i am trying to drink more water to see if it helps but then i have to go to the toilet so many times its such a pain.

I had my check up on Monday and the Dr couldn't find the heartbeat :worry: She said its still a bit early and bub may be hiding?!? Not very reassuring i can tell you!

Cinss, how come they didn't send you for an u/s? I feel terrible that they sent you out the door like that.

Tiffani3
November 13th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Oh sweetie what a worry!
The midwife wouldn't check my babies heartbeat before 16 weeks incase she couldn't find it!! Did the doc ask you to come in another time? xx

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 05:21 PM
16 weeks ? Really? I can find the Hb myself with a Doppler since 10-12 weeks. But I know 12 weeks plus is when most people can find it.

Last pregnancy at 10 weeks even a Mw couldn't find it but baby was def there and Hb still at that point but I was sent for an u/s next day. (it was a Sunday so they sent me on Monday)

Tiffani3
November 13th, 2012, 05:34 PM
16 weeks ? Really? I can find the Hb myself with a Doppler since 10-12 weeks. But I know 12 weeks plus is when most people can find it.

Last pregnancy at 10 weeks even a Mw couldn't find it but baby was def there and Hb still at that point but I was sent for an u/s next day. (it was a Sunday so they sent me on Monday)

I know that's what I thought 16 weeks!?!? But she said its a new policy with the birthing centre! I suppose to save worry if they can't find it xx

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I was 14 weeks, i dont think they have an US machine there just a doppler, she didnt seem concerned at all, and no referal or next appointment, i made a private US appointment but the closest i could get in is the 7th of Dec, i was thinking of buying a doppler on ebay, but they all seem to come from overseas so i would have to wait a week or so for it to arrive, im trying not to worry about it.

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 06:28 PM
I guess? Although I've always found that midwives would dont have u/s as back up are pretty skilled at getting the Hb via Doppler with no problem. Since they don't have that to fall back on.
Sorry cinss I don't want to make you worry :(
Im sure it's what she said , it partially depends on the Doppler they are using I'm sure.

suregena
November 13th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Thanks Hb. :) My scan is at 9:30am which is 08:30am UK time, and it is at the local hospital so hopefully I will be on here by mid morning for either sympathetic hugs or celebrations that maybe the luck is beginning to change for the rest of the group still waiting.

Suregena - I so wish my bm had ever shot out lol! I only ever got a pathetic dribble even with an electric pump. For the first time ever though my cup size has gone up nearly 2 sizes - so I really really hope that my body has finally got the message and I'll be able to bf no problems this time. I'm going to make sure I pack my multivits in my hospital bag this time though too as after reading all the stuff you gave me I was thinking hmmm, of all the time my body most probably needs a kick of vitamins and minerals it is after giving birth. I had 3-4 days in hospital after both boys without any at the most crucial time for getting my milk supply going. Hoping I am onto something with that! x

I am here to help any way I possibly can, momma! Keep babe with you at all times... keep baby skin to skin and close to you, eat well, feed as often as baby wants, pacify baby with your breast (ditch the pacifier! UNTIL breastfeeding is established, which means that you feel confident, comfortable, and there are no issues. For the record that took me about four weeks with my son but that time can vary).... all things you can do to keep baby at the breast in the beginning and to nourish you are the best things you can do. Try to not let anyone interfere. Don't let the bub out of your sight! <3

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 07:37 PM
So after my DDs 1st haircut the mullet is gone, but so are the curls and the very light blonde. At least we know what DS will look like hehe.

mykiwibaby
November 13th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Add me to the role call to please! Cinss your little girl is so cute :)
I have 1 blonde daughter with bright blue eyes and pale skin, my other daughter is olive skin, brown eyes and brown hair LOL both total oppisites of each other! And their dad is a Maori with olive skin.... I have no idea where my DD1 came from LOL

Bimby
November 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Ummmmm I dont know if Im allowed to come in here since Im probably a little late but Im due with our 3rd baby in May (scheduled C/S on 11th May at this stage)
This was a surprise baby as we were going to decide whether to ttc #3 next year & I was going to maybe try a girl diet too but bubba decided he/she had other plans :) At this stage the nub is looking like a :babyf: so Im so very excited to find out in 7 weeks :)
Unfortunately I have to have my first C/S this time as I had surgery in May for a gigantic fibroid (14cm, 2kg) and the surgeon advised a C/S in case of rupture, Im ok with it as thankfully I had my first 2 naturally and this is our last baby (i think lol). The only thing Im really worried about is B/F as I didnt really get much milk with the first 2 and Ive heard it's harder when having a C/S but I'll do all I can to make sure things work.

Anyway, if it's ok can I join you guys, if not I understand too :)

H&H :pregnant: to you all x

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Of course you can join!!!!

spinningmadly
November 13th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Welcome :)

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the group mykiwibaby and Bimby :)

Turning the page
November 13th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Welcome to Bimby and mykiwibaby! So great to hear you both likely have you DG! Cinss, I love her haircut--it really looks quite cute! I remember cutting my own bangs off when I was 4...down to the scalp! So, it's happened to the best of us. ;)
Have my NT scan tomorrow afternoon...nervous and excited. Scared I'll see a nub, and scared I won't see anything. No pleasing this preggo! Keep your fingers crossed for me! :fingers:

Cinss
November 13th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks Turningthepage, its a bit choppy still but i still think she is super cute anyway :)

Yippee for your scan tomorrow, ill be stalking for pics, best of luck for a nice nubby shot!

Lassie1982
November 14th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Cinns your DD looks adorable :)
Sorry they couldn't find a heartbeat, but it IS kinda early. if its bothering you I'd pop into a gp, say you've had cramps and spotting and would like a viability scan.
They seem to hand them out like lollies here in Sydney, not sure if its any different where you are.

mummypink
November 14th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Hey Cinss sorry to hear you've been worried over the heartbeat. I agree def go and try and get a scan to put your mind at ease.

Suregena - thank you!

Welcome to the group mykiwibaby and Bimby! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 14th, 2012, 08:59 AM
So last week I thought I had a name picked out. We were going with Ian. Well I've fallen in love with another name...Owen. I think Owen Patrick sounds great. What do you ladies think?

Shellbelle
November 14th, 2012, 09:22 AM
So last week I thought I had a name picked out. We were going with Ian. Well I've fallen in love with another name...Owen. I think Owen Patrick sounds great. What do you ladies think?

I love it!

fish2012
November 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM

oh that's lovely

homebirthing princess
November 14th, 2012, 10:36 AM
had my midwife app today and what a bloody waste of time it was, she wasnt interested in what i was telling her when i mentioned the spotting she just said well do u think u have a urine infection...... she didnt even check my bp then she asked if i wanted her to check for a heartbeat wtf?? shes not my usual midwife so fx i never have to see her again!!!! :(

homebirthing princess
November 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM

So after another 'they get it wrong all the time' comment I found myself studying bubs pic, I'm wondering if the lines where I added arrow is her 'parts' what do u ladies think? Xx

mummypink
November 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
You would think midwives would be more caring and sensitive to your needs wouldn't you and not so flippant when you're obviously concerned! So annoying! My old midwife was just wonderful and I am gutted she has retired.

I'm useless with scan pics but I am sure they haven't got it wrong hun, just ignore the comments. You've got another scan in a few weeks is that right? Hopefully you will get some lovely clear shots to put your mind at rest. x

mummypink
November 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
ThreeMen - that is a lovely name! :)

Tiffani3
November 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM

Love it sweetie xx

Tiffani3
November 14th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hbp it's a girl hun don't worry xx

Rosie85
November 14th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Owen is a lovely name!

Home, I am 100% your baby is a girl, hers nubs were perfect a d it was co firmed at your 20 week. Don't let the they got it wrong stories worry you, they are only there to give mE false hope, hahahaha

Brandles
November 14th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I love the way Owen Patrick sounds together. For me, I always have a couple favorite names picked out and can't really decide on which to use until I actually get to see my baby.

I have been nauseous since week 6, totally can't eat certain foods let alone smell them... Which makes it difficult for cooking for the family. I'm 12w 4d today and I finally threw up last night. I've lost 6 pounds since I was weighed last. Eeek! What is up with this? I've never been sick with any of my boys... So if it means pink for me I'm all for it!!! :giggle: I just thought I'd would at least start feeling better by now.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I've been sick since about 6 weeks and still am. I've lost over 10 lbs. It's hard when you feel like garbage. I hope things get better for you soon.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback ladies. As soon as I thought about it I got very excited. I think my little buddy has a name!!

mummypink
November 14th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I am seriously driving myself insane about the scan on Monday, I'm trying to keep busy but my mind keeps wandering back to 'what if...'. I've even been considering ringing up and seeing if I can bring it forward to tomorrow or Friday so I don't have the whole weekend to agonise over it, but I know my dh would think I was totally crazy and also I'm worried I would jinx things and it would def be a boy. How stupid I know!!

My boys are driving my crazy at the moment, ds1 is just completely being a disobedient little so and so and I feel like I am permanently telling him off. I think he is just pushing the boundaries but I could really do without it at the moment. Pretty much anything I tell him not to do he will do even more. :/

homebirthing princess
November 14th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Thanx lovely ladies :)
And yep I have a 3d scan on the 1st tho I want to change it, not to find out gender now, but just to make sure everythings ok In there because of the weekend!

3m I think you have chosen a perfect name!

Mummy I really feel for you hun I remember feeling how you do now and it was horrible big hugs being sent to you lovely (((((((hugs)))))))

homebirthing princess
November 14th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Oh and ds1 is also being a horror right now, I've taken myself upstairs and left dh to deal with him all I can hear is him screaming.....he's clearly over tired from sch today! Xx

sbmommy
November 14th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cinss, your little girl is adorable!! My 2-year old DD's curls have been driving me so crazy lately, I'm tempted to trim them off myself, now that I see how cute she could look with super short hair! I swear, by the end of every afternoon she looks just like Albert Einstein, with crazy curls spiking up and out every which way.

auroara78
November 14th, 2012, 01:42 PM
love the name Owen Patrick threemen :agree:

Turning the page
November 14th, 2012, 03:14 PM
I love the name "Owen", too! That was on our name list with DS!
Sooo...just got out of my NT ultrasound. Important thing is everything looks great! I clearly saw a nub on profile, but it looked parallel to the spine! I was getting all excited, but then the baby turned, and it looked more angled. Didn't see much on the potty shot, but that's not indicative of much. Sigh. So I have no idea. And to top it all off, she didn't get any great nub shots, cause the thigh was always in the way! I'll try to upload pics from my computer when I get home on the U/S forum. :)

TT_3814
November 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hi mykiwi and Bimby! :)

Hbp- Sorry you had such a lousy appointment. :/ I'm no help with scans but great pic of baby! :D

3men- Owen Patrick gets my vote, very cute! :)

Turning- Glad your scan went well but sorry you couldn't get clear nub shots.

Mummy- **hugs**

Cinss
November 14th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Cinss, your little girl is adorable!! My 2-year old DD's curls have been driving me so crazy lately, I'm tempted to trim them off myself, now that I see how cute she could look with super short hair! I swear, by the end of every afternoon she looks just like Albert Einstein, with crazy curls spiking up and out every which way.

Thanks sbmommy, i must admit the curls were driving me nuts too, because ive had straight hair for ever i really didnt know how to deal with curls, people said you dont brush it, but then like you said Albert Einstein would be walking around the house lol. Its just about to be Summer here so i think DD will be more comfortable with the short hair and now her nickname is tinkerbelle :)

Turning the page
November 14th, 2012, 04:35 PM
*Posted pics in the u/s forum...:worry:

spinningmadly
November 14th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Turning I dont see any gender clues sorry :( but fx for you!

This gender stuff is driving me crazy. It doesn't help that I'm so sick and to top it off the zofran that I just took (tmi sorry) makes me so painfully constipated I won't even take it anymore. All this and I cant function or think about trying again if it's another boy and to top it all off dh complains when the house is a mess when he gets home! And I just want to smack him!! So then the thought of 4 kids is just impossible

jark22
November 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I'm so 'glad' that others have lost weight too! Between 8 and 13 weeks I lost 10 lbs. Recently I've maintained it. I never lost weight with the boys and I am so freaking tired of being so sick! My doctor is concerned about the weight loss- but it's not like I'm a tiny twig, so I'm sure it is fine. Little bub is growing and doing well.

Love the name Owen Patrick! Sounds like you found a perfect name for your little guy!!! We can only come up with girl names this time. I'm having a really hard time thinking about boy names. I have an early gender scan on Dec 1 - so if it's a boy I will have to get my head in the game! This scan cannot come fast enough! Why am I so freaking obsessed with the gender I this baby??? I wish I got some gender clues from my NT scan. I am going crazy!

spinningmadly
November 14th, 2012, 11:21 PM
I've lost weight in the first tri w all my pregnancies and I'm pretty small to begin with :/. The last time was concerning bc I was losin well into the. 2nd tri . I hate being sick :(

Shellbelle
November 14th, 2012, 11:40 PM
I'm so 'glad' that others have lost weight too! Between 8 and 13 weeks I lost 10 lbs. Recently I've maintained it. I never lost weight with the boys and I am so freaking tired of being so sick! My doctor is concerned about the weight loss- but it's not like I'm a tiny twig, so I'm sure it is fine. Little bub is growing and doing well.

Love the name Owen Patrick! Sounds like you found a perfect name for your little guy!!! We can only come up with girl names this time. I'm having a really hard time thinking about boy names. I have an early gender scan on Dec 1 - so if it's a boy I will have to get my head in the game! This scan cannot come fast enough! Why am I so freaking obsessed with the gender I this baby??? I wish I got some gender clues from my NT scan. I am going crazy!

I can say from experience that even with gender clues, you would be going crazy. I got the protractor out today to check the angle on my pics, because so many people said it was a boy angle, but the techs have all said no, that's actually flat. Lol. I feel like I'm losing it.

I am so sorry y'all are still so sick!

spinningmadly
November 14th, 2012, 11:42 PM
To expand on what shell said, I made her use the protractor on mine too LOL

Bimby
November 15th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the welcome guys

Threemen I absolutely love the name Owen, it was one of my choices for a boy but unfortunately DH wasnt as keen as me.

HBP - That sucks about your appt. I hope you get a different midwife next time who can address your concerns.

Ive just had some brown spotting today and it's freaked me out a bit. Ive had some mild cramping too which concerns me. Thankfully I have a doppler and found bubbas heartbeat straight away but it's only eased my mind briefly. I called the Obs office and they basically just told me to put my feet up & if it gets worse come in, with 2 boys at home it isnt that easy to rest but I'll do my best. Seems to have settled. I did mow the lawn this morning (lord knows why - I never mow the lawn lol) so maybe that caused a bit of old blood to come away.

Anyway.. enough of my rambling

Cinss your DD is gorgeous!!

x

suregena
November 15th, 2012, 03:33 AM
My NT scan is tomorrow!

Pyrefly
November 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Can I please jump in here too? And would someone be kind enough to add me to the roll call?

I'm due May 28th 2013, hoping for a girl. We didn't sway for this one, well we did try swaying for the first 10 months but it took us 20 months plus 3 early losses to get here, so we were just doing what we could to get pregnant - which meant doing a heap of boy swaying things!

I posted my NT scan pic yesterday in the U/S forum and so far am getting girl responses, which a wee bit exciting, I just could never imagine getting a girl! I must have one of the only hubby's out there who has always wanted a girl since we started our family lol - though our boys are very loved, but even they have expressed their opinion on wanting a sister.

Looking forward to mingling in here :happy:

mummypink
November 15th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Good luck Suregena! :)

Cinss
November 15th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Goodluck for tomorrow suregena :)

Welcome Pyrefly, love your avatar its so pretty, i did see your US pics, looks promising for a girl :fx: for you :)

Lassie1982
November 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Good luck surgena!!!
And welcome to all the newbies :)

Butterfly Spirit
November 15th, 2012, 05:04 AM
My NT scan is tomorrow!

YIPPEE!!!!!! 6284
I can't wait for that pic! GL! :HH:

Winngrin
November 15th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Hi ladies! Trying to catch up on everyone.
Welcome all newbies!

Surgena, fx for you!

Hbp, don't you dare leave, all of us with boys will need our pink fix through you and the other ladies lucky enough to get their dg

3M, hoping you're feeling better. I still throw up most mornings and some evenings and it seems like a cruel joke at times! We do get our Basset girl tonight though, I'm so excited!

homebirthing princess
November 15th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Welcome to all the new ladies joining us :)

Thanx Winn, and yay for getting your New addition tonight, we have a cavelier king Charles called poppy I have to admit she did have a pink coat and hair clips when she was a pup lol, but shes such a tomboy she just used to eat them Haha!

I'm in bed right now, I was being sick all night and now today looks Like I have a bug.....brilliant!! I hate being sick 17wks of it with this pregnancy was enough for me.....get out the violins :) xx

Shellbelle
November 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Thinking of you today, suregena!

hotdogz&boyz
November 15th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Whew, this thread moves super-quick!

I just joined the room. I am due may 24th or something around that area. Looks like there are some cool scans coming up. I have fallen into complete obsession ever since my nub picture. I was fine before that though. Lol. I am taking it one day at a time. I am not near far enough to get a scan for gender, so I have to wait. Albeit, impatiently.

So....HI!

mummypink
November 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear you're poorly HB, hope you get better soon and have lots of pampering in the meantime.

I hope the rest of you who are suffering from morning sickness feel better soon, mine finally eased up around 16-17 weeks and although I feel shattered most of the time I'm back to eating normally - my bump has gone boom as a result lol!

Hi Hotdogz&boyz, welcome to any other newbies I have missed too. Fingers crossed we start reversing the stats so far for opposites to our DG.

suregena
November 15th, 2012, 12:34 PM
YIPPEE!!!!!! 6284
I can't wait for that pic! GL! :HH:

Fingers crossed I get one with any hint of a nub on it.

Wishing4Pink
November 15th, 2012, 12:47 PM
I love the name you've picked Threemen

Hope the bug passes quickly Hbp

Good luck tomorrow suregena, fx for a nub shot

Hello to everyone else and the newbies, sorry i don't get on much but i always catch up on your posts x

suregena
November 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
WOOHOOOOOO!!! My hubbo finally got me a new battery for my little doppler (it's just a cheap doppler... nothing fancy, doesn't show a heartrate or anything like that)

I gave it a try, thinking I'd have to work at it but I found it INSTANTLY! That instantly, recognizable, fast-rate fluttering beat... soooo lovely. I'm SO glad it is alive in there! Just what I wanted to hear the night before my NT scan - phew! At least I won't be going in there with dread and apprehension because I know it's alive! YAY!

hotdogz&boyz
November 15th, 2012, 02:42 PM
I did the same thing! I wanted to not be worried if it was alive in there. And it did allow me to enjoy the scan more. Glad you found it so quickly. Good luck at your scan!

spinningmadly
November 15th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I do the same thing before all my scans lol

NCBeachyGrl
November 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hi all! I hope everyone is doing well! So many pages to catch up on!!!!

If any newbies need me to add them to roll call, can you send me a PM with due date, if you swayed, and if you know what you are having.

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 06:36 AM
40 minutes to go!

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 06:40 AM
40 minutes to go!

OH YA..OH YA OHHHHH YAAA!!!! :p 6310

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Good luck hun! x

ynwa
November 16th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Good luck with scan:.)

homebirthing princess
November 16th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Good luck at your scan :) xx

Tiffani3
November 16th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Good luck xx

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Stalking for updates from MrsSmudger too!

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 08:16 AM
I was 14 weeks, i dont think they have an US machine there just a doppler, she didnt seem concerned at all, and no referal or next appointment, i made a private US appointment but the closest i could get in is the 7th of Dec, i was thinking of buying a doppler on ebay, but they all seem to come from overseas so i would have to wait a week or so for it to arrive, im trying not to worry about it.

Cinss, perhaps they looked too high? I found my baby WAAAAAY down low like right next to my hairline low in the early weeks. I'm thinking Bubs is fine! But I will tell you that the doppler is a fabulous investment! It's reassured me over and over again.

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Oooooooo! It is so handy to work in a hospital and to know most ultrasound staff... the lady who scanned me is one who I know, mainly through passing, and she was surprised to see me. When I was still pumping milk for my son at work, she had just had a baby girl and came in to visit but her daughter needed to breastfeed so she came into the room with me... so a nice familiar person! Anyway!

She spent more time with me then necessary to give me nice good looks at everything. She mentioned she worked at a private one as well for NHS, which was interesting since they'll be more likely to look at gender clues then an NHS scan.

I told her I booked a private gender scan right before I go to the US. She said sh was looking around for gender clues/the nub while we were talking and she said that she was only saying this off the record and it's definitely not certain so early but she "almost wants to say it's a girl." I gasped! Hahahah! She quickly clarified that it isn't definite at all and baby was quite active and kept getting in funny little positions so to not take her word for it. I told her it didn't matter and is know for sure in four weeks anyway!

Also, it costs £5 for 1 ultrasound photo from the NHS. I was prepared to pay, but instead she gave me a stack of them for free!

I love working near the ultrasound department! :P

I'll scan them all on tonight after work and post a thread in the ultrasound bit of the forum. Would love all your feedback later. I thought I saw the nub when she was looking for it and it did look flat but not getting my hopes up!

Sorry about iPhone typos!

homebirthing princess
November 16th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Eeek so exciting :) so pleased all was well with bubs xxx

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 08:32 AM
OOOOH YAY!!! Flat is good!!!! :)
My babe's nub was almost stick flat when I found out.

Can't wait for pics!!!
Lucky You!

Maybe they can slip you a DVD next time!!!