PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 11:10 AM
So exciting Suregena! Yey for such a fab lady doing your scan, makes such a difference!! Fingers firmly crossed she is right and you have a little girly in there! :D

My friend in the UK had her 20 week scan today and she got one picture which is really rubbish, no nub clues and they won't tell the gender where she is in the UK! How annoying!!

Going to try and keep busy this weekend , so glad my scan on Monday is nice and early so I don't have too long to get worked up on the day. Absolutely terrified though, we've been trying to choose a boys name today as I would really like to have one ready but it is so difficult picking a third boys name! x

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Ughh I feel like I have been sick and pregnant forever! With the exception of June-August I have been all of this year!!! And I feel no closer to a baby or a dd!!!

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Ughh I feel like I have been sick and pregnant forever! With the exception of June-August I have been all of this year!!! And I feel no closer to a baby or a dd!!!

I'm so sorry Spinning. I promise you that the sick stage will end or decrease dramatically!
I just have my moments here and there but it's nothing like it was before.

Lemonade and old fashioned lemon drops helped me. And take those blasted prenatals before bed! :)

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Big hugs Spinning, hope you start to feel better soon. xx

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Sorry just had to vent..

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks , I was in the ER a few days ago for fluids. And I have zofran but it made me so (tmi) horribly constipated I had to stop taking it. Anyone else on it?

Butterfly Spirit
November 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thanks , I was in the ER a few days ago for fluids. And I have zofran but it made me so (tmi) horribly constipated I had to stop taking it. Anyone else on it?

I don't blame you for venting!
Prune juice is nasty, but it's safe and works for constipation!
I have had a bottle of Phenegrine for nausea since the beginning of my pregnancy but I didn't use it because I was breastfeeding. I've used it a couple times now since I hardly have milk, but OMG.. it makes me feel so tired.. that's my only complaint, but they do work!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM

I was and I stopped taking it for the same reason. It was horrible. And when I did finally go it was so painful I could've screamed at the top of my lungs....sorry for the tmi.

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Tm&al - same issue!!! It was so painful!!

Butterfly -any kind of fruit /veggies make me really sick :(

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 01:07 PM
I've been the same lately on the tmi front, I think it is all the white bread I'm craving. Not doing me any favours!! I'm going to try adding about 1/4 tsp of malt extract to warm milk as that always used to help the boys when they were babies and constipated.
Liquorice is good too if you can face it Spinning. x

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Oh interesting! I can try the licorice , I didn't know that would help!

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Scanning on the photos now. I hope someone can see the nub in one or two of them. I think I can see it in the photos but I'm really not sure... I'm not a good nub-looker. Will probably have them up in the ultrasound forum within the hour.

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 02:03 PM
By the way - I was measuring 13 weeks, 2 days! What's that all about?

homebirthing princess
November 16th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Sorry to hear your so sick spinning :( fx it passes soon xx

I changed my scan to next Saturday at 11.15am so I get to see her a week earlier very excited if not a little nervous just incase I hear bot...gulp lol! My mil is coming with us and she just txt to say can't wait to see my granddaughter, this baby will be the 1st girl on dh side for 20yrs so everyone is very excited!! His nanny sent over a bag of pink cardis that she's been knitting and apparently there's more to come!! :)

Looking forward to seeing the scan pics tonight, hurry up and put the pics on lol xx

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/19568-suregenas-12-week-4-day-scan-pictures-anyone-see-nub.html#post296189

Nub guesses! I think the nub is shown (???) on the second to last picture?? Let me know if you guy's want a bigger version of that picture. It uploaded kind of small.

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Can't wait to see your scan pics Suregena!

Hb - so sweet of your hubbies nanny! My mum is dying to knit pink for me, my brother is single and has no intention of having children even if he does meet someone so this is probably her only chance of a grand daughter. Great you were able to move your scan forward, you'll be able to put your mind at rest that it is def a girl! :D xx

hotdogz&boyz
November 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I think the nub is girly surgena! Especially measuring that far ahead (nubs are more accurate with longer CRL). I hope it's pink for you!!

I did see MsMudger updated in the GD section. I don't want to spill it...so if you are waiting and wanting to know, she updated her thread in there!

I actually made the appt on the 7th today to find out what we are having. :) It's a surprise for DHs birthday. I am terrified, but think going alone will be helpful so I can deal with it before anyone else sees me. I really feel its a boy. But strangely, looking at the "gut" feeling threads, it doesn't seem that means anything. It seems lots of people have a gut feeling that is wrong. I always thought they were so accurate, but I guess when GD is involved, it doesn't seem to matter. I have to hope that my gut is just keeping me grounded and I am actually having a pink bundle after all. Most of the "signs" for stupid OWTs and the nub point to girl. Not to mention the pregnancy is SO different in random ways from my both of my sons (which were pretty similar, but not identical). We shall see. Only 3 weeks left. Which feels like a decade.

Cinss
November 16th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Cinss, perhaps they looked too high? I found my baby WAAAAAY down low like right next to my hairline low in the early weeks. I'm thinking Bubs is fine! But I will tell you that the doppler is a fabulous investment! It's reassured me over and over again.

I did buy one, so just waiting for it to arrive, and i forgot at my NT scan they told me i have an anterior placenta (at the front) so maybe that was blocking bubs.

I read this yesterday, someone posted it on here... it has an interesting tid bit about licorice, not sure how accurate it is but worth a read 7 Life Altering Decisions Made For You (Before Your Birth) | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/article_19020_7-life-altering-decisions-made-you-before-your-birth.html)

Suregena you must be pretty happy with your scan, i see you are getting lots of girl guesses :)

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Yeah! I don't know if I should get too excited yet though! But I figure all you girl's have been looking at many ultrasounds to know a thing or two... :)

Cinss
November 16th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Yeah! I don't know if I should get too excited yet though! But I figure all you girl's have been looking at many ultrasounds to know a thing or two... :)

Its hard to not get excited, i know the feeling :) try to hang onto it, i have let the niggiling doubts come at me, i guess we just stay in limbo until we get our confirmation scans in Dec, but really there is no point worrying about it now, we have healthy babies, thats the main thing!

mummypink
November 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Wow Cinss I never heard that about licorice before! Where I used to live in the UK wasn't far from one of the main places where licorice is made. I've never eaten a lot myself by my step dad loves it! They eat quite a lot over here and mainly have it salted which I think is weird!!

Just been reading about it and it looks like generally it isn't a good thing to have a lot of as it can increase blood pressure and all sorts!

Tiffani3
November 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Argh suregena your baby is sooo cute fx it's your dd xx

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks Cinss. I didn't know that either lol, there goes that option.
my midwife just suggested a stool softener.
i was so incredibly sick tonight. and i was only like this with my DD before, this bad. I just hate to believe it could be a girl and be disappointed. Every tech that has looked my nub pics says it looks girly right now (but its early) i just don't know why the stupid peri said boy. it's making me doubt it could ever be a girl.

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Thank you!

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks Cinss. I didn't know that either lol, there goes that option.
my midwife just suggested a stool softener.
i was so incredibly sick tonight. and i was only like this with my DD before, this bad. I just hate to believe it could be a girl and be disappointed. Every tech that has looked my nub pics says it looks girly right now (but its early) i just don't know why the stupid peri said boy. it's making me doubt it could ever be a girl.

When is your next scan?

Turning the page
November 16th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just saw your pics, Suregena--awesome girly bits!

Turning the page
November 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
And I'm even more bummed that I didn't get better pics at mine...my sonographer offered to guess gender, and DH said "not now". UGH!

NCBeachyGrl
November 16th, 2012, 06:32 PM
I'm so jealous Suregena! I just knew your crazy cycles would sway pink for you! I bet you are just thrilled!!

Turning the page
November 16th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Every tech that has looked my nub pics says it looks girly right now (but its early) i just don't know why the stupid peri said boy. it's making me doubt it could ever be a girl.

Spinning, I just looked at your nub photos again, and it looks nice and flat. Very girly to me! Fingers crossed at your next scan! :)

NCBeachyGrl
November 16th, 2012, 06:35 PM
How is everyone eating these days? I feel really guilty b/c my diet is anything but healthy. I am having a hard time with meat so I am eating little protein and then I am so busy with the boys and work that i just have to grab whatever food I can find for breakfast and lunch. For some reasons salads always sound good and are quick and easy but I know I need more! I am gaining weight so I think I am doing OK...just not being very healthy!

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I'm so jealous Suregena! I just knew your crazy cycles would sway pink for you! I bet you are just thrilled!!

I don't know yet! I'm optimistic but we'll see! I honestly think everyone is right (if this is a girl) that both me and my husband's vegetarian lifestyles might have always swayed pink to begin with and we lucked out with our son. Who knows. I ended up reverting to mostly my regular diet the month we conceived and my husband dropped the licorice root... I only skipped breakfast the conceiving month some days but not all and had evil snacks at times (though never healthy... chocolate/cake/cookies.)

In terms of difference in comparison to conceiving our son, this time he did frequent release (which he hardly ever did before our son's conception)... I think ten days in a row, I took antihistamine, we had two BD's with a day spacing them out (but he released on the day we didn't) and the last BD nearest to ovulation I had jumped up and wiped away as much as I could immediately because I got nervous he went too deep... hahah.

We shall see if those little differences did the trick. I at least only have to wait for my private gender scan in four weeks (I have the scan at 7.45pm at night and I have to wake up early the next morning to get my flight to the US for the holidays! YAY!)... my anatomy scan will be after I get back from the US on January 17th (just got that appointment booked today.)

Hmmmmmm! I honestly thought most people wouldn't be able to see anything on some of the photos!

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 06:41 PM
my friend said she can do a scan dec 5th at her private place.
I have an appt at MFM on dec 14th anyway. Not sure if I want to go twice or just make the MFM sooner.
At the same time, I wouldn't feel bad/judged crying or not being thrilled if its a happy boy in front of my friend. (she did my boys scans, confirmed girl last time, and also re confirmed for me she had passed so we have been through it all together)

At MFM I just feel bad, they have so many babies with problems that I don't want to look upset about the healthy baby.
I mean I know that WE all know that health is more important than gender but they don't really understand its not about having an unhealthy girl vs a healthy boy... if that makes sense.. at least I feel like they might not

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I def see the nub on your photos and I can't believe baby is measuring so big!

NCBeachyGrl
November 16th, 2012, 06:46 PM
spinning - I would opt for the private place. With DS2, I was going to a maternal fetal medicine place and it just has such a somber vibe anyways and the tech I got was very unpersonable. She was very sarcastic and just not really nice. I hated going to that place after that. With your friend you will be much more relaxed and it will be nice to have someone supporting you!

suregena
How is everyone eating these days? I feel really guilty b/c my diet is anything but healthy. I am having a hard time with meat so I am eating little protein and then I am so busy with the boys and work that i just have to grab whatever food I can find for breakfast and lunch. For some reasons salads always sound good and are quick and easy but I know I need more! I am gaining weight so I think I am doing OK...just not being very healthy!

I have gained so much weight, so much quicker this pregnancy... it's just gross!

Actually... I think I need to vent.

WHY is it when you are pregnant, it is suddenly a big welcome sign to someone to say ANY ridiculous thing to you that is somehow thought of as acceptable when you would NEVER say that to someone in general?

Today, someone who works in a different department looked at me and said, "WOW! You've gotten so FAT!" and I was like, 'Uh, gee, it's because it's my second baby and I'm now over 12 weeks?" and she's like, "Wow, you're big. Say goodbye to your body for good... marshmallow belly is what you will forever have!"

What the hell? When I was pregnant with my son, at 28 weeks, my boss saw me and said, "WOW! You're face is so fat!"

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! I hate the constant need to comment on the body shape(s) of pregnant women. Just... excuse me.... WTF. I was waiting for it to happen and it's only going to get worse. If anything, that is my single pregnancy complaint of all time. People are craaaaazy when they talk to pregnant women. CRAZY.

I'm a very short girl... petite... I am going to stick out more then some people. How many people must I remind? ARGH!

Okay, vent over.

suregena
I def see the nub on your photos and I can't believe baby is measuring so big!

I know - what the? I must be eating something weird or it's the prenatals!

NCBeachyGrl
November 16th, 2012, 06:49 PM
Suregena - you would think ppl would know better than to say things like that to a preggo person. MY DH will say things to me. Like he jokes around that he is now a "chubby chaser" it is all fun and games with him, but strangers have some nerve!!!

Luckily, I am surrounded by preschool moms who have 3-4 kids and they all say how great I look...prob just humoring me... but it is so much better than hearing those insensitive remarks!

suregena
November 16th, 2012, 06:51 PM
my friend said she can do a scan dec 5th at her private place.
I have an appt at MFM on dec 14th anyway. Not sure if I want to go twice or just make the MFM sooner.
At the same time, I wouldn't feel bad/judged crying or not being thrilled if its a happy boy in front of my friend. (she did my boys scans, confirmed girl last time, and also re confirmed for me she had passed so we have been through it all together)

At MFM I just feel bad, they have so many babies with problems that I don't want to look upset about the healthy baby.
I mean I know that WE all know that health is more important than gender but they don't really understand its not about having an unhealthy girl vs a healthy boy... if that makes sense.. at least I feel like they might not

*biggest hugs*

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 07:16 PM
ugh I totally dropped the ball on something I was supposed to do for our tenants today. I swear this morning sickness is making me stupid.

Cinss
November 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Im exactly the same, i have not been able to look at red meat, i am ok with chicken, i buy all the salad stuff but i dont make it or eat it, i am all of a sudden into processed junky foods, its like i have gone back to my girl friendly diet, i feel bad about it i know i should be forcing more veggies in but my body just doesnt want them, i have been having some fruit daily, thankfully all of the summer fruits are coming out now like peaches and mangos so i am loving them.

mrshonyez
November 16th, 2012, 07:28 PM
I've been keeping up reading this every day, but I'm finally back on my computer rather than my phone for the first time since July lol. Suregena, I really think you're getting your DD!! NC, I haven't been eating very healthy at all... in fact last night, I went to a restaurant nearby and ate 12 wings with honey bbq sauce, on top of my appetizer, and some pickles lol! Luckily I've only gained 10lbs total (up until last night I'm sure haha), but 5 of it was immediately after I got off the LE diet. I'm nervous I'm going to get huge though!
Anyways, I have my anatomy scan scheduled for the 30th, I can't wait to see the little guy again! This will be the first time DH has actually seen him too! I went and added some more u/s pics in my thread on the u/s page too that I had on a flash drive from my last scan. Oh and I remember someone posting about constipation from zofran... luckily I've been able to stop taking it for a while now, but I'm still pretty constipated. Gonna try a little milk of magnesia tonight for the first time, and hope it helps some :/. Anyone else used it? I hope everyone is doing well!

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 07:53 PM
TM&AL, when you stopped taking the zofran did your.. system go back to normal on its own in a few days?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM
It took almost 2 weeks. It finally seem better.

spinningmadly
November 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks

Bimby
November 16th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Hope you start feeling better soon Spinning, I feel for you luv x

Surgeona I posted on your scan post and it looks like a girl to me, especially over 13 weeks. My baby is measuring a week ahead too, Im not 100% on dates though but my 6 week scan was a week behind every other one so it's a little odd.. Hoping they push my date forward :) Are you certain of dates??

To the others having scans, all the best! I hope our babies are all healthy no matter pink or blue x

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 01:34 AM
Definitely certain of dates, more or less. See my fertilityfriend chart in my signature below!

Butterfly Spirit
November 17th, 2012, 01:43 AM
Definitely certain of dates, more or less. See my fertilityfriend chart in my signature below!

That's true you have a chart to go off of! I was ticked off when they told me I was measuring behind what I calculated..however I have not seen them actually measure crown to rump..since prob the 6 wk 5 day scan! So it's like they are going off the general size of her or whatever.

Butterfly Spirit
November 17th, 2012, 01:51 AM
I did buy one, so just waiting for it to arrive, and i forgot at my NT scan they told me i have an anterior placenta (at the front) so maybe that was blocking bubs.

I read this yesterday, someone posted it on here... it has an interesting tid bit about licorice, not sure how accurate it is but worth a read 7 Life Altering Decisions Made For You (Before Your Birth) | Cracked.com (http://www.cracked.com/article_19020_7-life-altering-decisions-made-you-before-your-birth.html)

Suregena you must be pretty happy with your scan, i see you are getting lots of girl guesses :)

Cinss, YIKES< I'm glad you posted that about licorice! I had several black pumpkins in Sept and Oct. Also gleuten free ones in September! I guess I will be avoiding them now just incase! I already have two hyperactive little souls running around, and I barely ever eat black licorice! :(

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 01:51 AM
There's room for variation. She said she wasn't changing my due date because the measurement I got at 6 weeks, 6 days would be far more accurate ( which it was... I had guessed my due date to be around May 29th and they said May 28th at that early viability scan.)

Bimby
November 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM
My apologies I didnt see your chart. I wasnt charting this time so I was unsure (although I had a fair idea).

My Ob wouldnt change my date either but I find it strange to measure a week ahead with every scan except my first. My Ob figures I have big babies (which I do) I guess my concern is where the C/S date is. I am scared of going into labour myself because I had surgery a few months back on my uterus and they are worried about rupture. I had my 2nd DS 8 days early so that is my only fear about dates as I have never been over my EDD when Ive had my babies.

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 07:53 AM
My son always measured normal or slightly smaller and this one so far is already high on the fetal growth chart... oh dear! My son weighed 6lbs, 12 oz at birth.

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Yeah the earlier scans are always more accurate.
Although, i think it really depends on the machine and the tech and how they are measuring IMO. Mfm has measured me diff than my tech and my other ob every time. I can tell with my other ob it's just fuzzier pic (older machine) and I think crl looks longer than actually is, If that makes sense

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Especially when just a couple mm makes the difference in a day or two

Cinss
November 17th, 2012, 08:10 AM
suregena do you have any names picked yet?

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 08:39 AM
suregena do you have any names picked yet?

Oh yeah! We have the whole girl's name decided and just the first name for a boy... so it should either be Willow for a girl or Arlo for a boy. Do you have name/s picked out?

homebirthing princess
November 17th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Oh yeah! We have the whole girl's name decided and just the first name for a boy... so it should either be Willow for a girl or Arlo for a boy. Do you have name/s picked out?

Love how we're both having willow for our girls :) xx

Shellbelle
November 17th, 2012, 10:34 AM

I love that name. It was near the top of my list but dh says its not a "real" name. Which is what he said about almost every name on my list. We're still arguing about it lol.

Brandles
November 17th, 2012, 10:46 AM
I love that name. It was near the top of my list but dh says its not a "real" name. Which is what he said about almost every name on my list. We're still arguing about it lol.

My DH says the same thing about the names on my list. I told him, if this is "finally" my girl he's just going to have to deal with whatever name I decide to go with... I am the one who signs the birth certificate afterall!!! lol! :wink:

mummypink
November 17th, 2012, 11:00 AM
We are still really struggling with boys names, we just cannot agree!

If it is a girl we always said it would either be Sophia or Sophie and I think we are set on Sophie now, I keep seeing the name everywhere and part of me hopes it is a sign but I'm sure it is just because I'm more aware of it at the moment!!

Arrrggghhhhh, dreading Monday morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandles
November 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
We are still really struggling with boys names, we just cannot agree!

If it is a girl we always said it would either be Sophia or Sophie and I think we are set on Sophie now, I keep seeing the name everywhere and part of me hopes it is a sign but I'm sure it is just because I'm more aware of it at the moment!!

Arrrggghhhhh, dreading Monday morning!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the name Sophie... but I have two friends that have daughters with that name. I absolutely am stumped on a boys name... I think I've used up my share. I'm going today for an early gender scan at a place that starts gender scans at 13 weeks. Everyone I know that has gone there this early and the ones that lied about their dates and have gone a little earlier have been 100% right. I'm so scared. :worry:

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM

We had wanted it YEARS ago but then because it's so popular in the UK (compared to the US), I backed off it and we tried searching for something else that felt just right.... but came back to Willow, because it feels right for us. Phew! I no longer care if there are other Willows in the UK! :P I hope I get to join you in the girl Willow club!

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I love the name Sophie... but I have two friends that have daughters with that name. I absolutely am stumped on a boys name... I think I've used up my share. I'm going today for an early gender scan at a place that starts gender scans at 13 weeks. Everyone I know that has gone there this early and the ones that lied about their dates and have gone a little earlier have been 100% right. I'm so scared. :worry:

Good luck! Keep us posted!

Brandles
November 17th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Good luck! Keep us posted!

Thanks! It's not until 4pm PST so I will be nubsessed until then! :nails:

homebirthing princess
November 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM
We had wanted it YEARS ago but then because it's so popular in the UK (compared to the US), I backed off it and we tried searching for something else that felt just right.... but came back to Willow, because it feels right for us. Phew! I no longer care if there are other Willows in the UK! :P I hope I get to join you in the girl Willow club!

I know I said b4 but I had that name picked out since I was little, I've always loved it :) tho she will be willow-rose dh wasn't keen on a double barreled name but he doesn't have a choice LOL! Luckily I live in a small town so not many willows around!!

Mummy I really feel positive that u have your little girl in there hun xx

suregena
November 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM
I know I said b4 but I had that name picked out since I was little, I've always loved it :) tho she will be willow-rose dh wasn't keen on a double barreled name but he doesn't have a choice LOL! Luckily I live in a small town so not many willows around!!

Mummy I really feel positive that u have your little girl in there hun xx

Yes, certainly a name I've always loved, too, before I met my husband... but he agreed to it when I asked him years ago. PHEW! :)

She'd have two middle names because our son has two middle names. We didn't intentionally do two middle names but it just happened and seemed right, so only fair if the next child has two! Keep it even! :)

mummypink
November 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks HBP, I so hope you're right!

Brandles - good luck with your scan - my fingers are firmly crossed for you :)

Suregena - I wouldn't worry too much about measuring big on the scan, with ds2 they told me he was going to be a big baby from the scan I had at 32 weeks. Scared the heck out of me but he ended up arriving 10 days early and weighing less than his brother had who they told me was going to be a small baby! x

mummypink
November 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Both my boys have got middle names, we gave them a first name that works well in here and in the UK and a middle name that is more Norwegian. Just so they have a choice when they get older if they have a problem with their first name. I think that is why we are struggling so much to pick a boys name this time as we have already used our four favourites! I have a first and middle name I like but dh doesn't and won't budge.

Really hoping that after Monday it won't be a problem anymore, but would like to have a name chosen so we are prepared.

homebirthing princess
November 17th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I shall be stalking Monday mummy for your pink news update :) the odds r in your favor hun!!

Quick moan.....I have horrible heartburn right now :(

mummypink
November 17th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Sorry about the heartburn HBP hope it has eased off now xx

mummypink
November 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Stalking for an update from Brandles! Hope everything has gone well hun :)

jark22
November 17th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I think she said its at 4pm PST - which means the scan isn't for another 2 hours!!! Ahhhh! I will be stalking too

Cinss
November 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM

Oh yeah that's right, Willow is lovely :) We have chosen Cyrus for a boy and Cian for a girl.
DD doesnt have a middle name (like me) and we decided this bub will not have one either. Because we are not married our kids have hyphened last names.

Goodluck Brandles, will be stalking too :)

Lassie1982
November 17th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Looks girly to me suregena :fx:

I'm more and more convinced mine is a boy.
In fact I don't think there is a single part of me that has any hope if this baby being a girl.
It looks like the nub guessers are usually right, and the majority say boy. I'm trying to find posts where the guesses where wrong - but I'm really not seeing any!
I've book marked a ton if cute boy outfits that I'm going to buy after we have our gender scan!
I've been super busy lately so haven't had much time to be on here.
My nausea and fatigue had faded thank goodness and my belly is getting bigger by the day! I've constantly got people telling me how large I look, lovely! On the upside it's all belly though and I love having it there :)
Hope all you girls are well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Lassie - if you look at confirmed nubs on IG, I see some under boy/girl that look the the same so who knows! maybe that will give you a little hope..

Rosie85
November 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Clearly I got pregnant too soon :-( Seems everyone getting their scans done now that are due in May are all getting their desired genders...mostly girls! Everyone I know that is due after me is having a girl. no fair! haha. Sucks too because we were going to wait to get pregnant one more month and then I got impatient.

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry Rosie :(
Did brandles post yet?

I swear my ms is getting worse.. Wth!!

Lassie1982
November 17th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Lassie - if you look at confirmed nubs on IG, I see some under boy/girl that look the the same so who knows! maybe that will give you a little hope..

I'm goons check it out now, thank you :)

Lassie1982
November 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I'm sorry Rosie :(
Did brandles post yet?

I swear my ms is getting worse.. Wth!!

Hope your morning sickness eases quick time! You poor thing you have had more then your fair share.

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I know! I don't understand why it's getting worse not better!!

Brandles
November 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
It's a GIRL!!!!!!! :ballerina: I know I'm only 13 weeks, but like I said before they've never been wrong with anyone I know!!! The tech gave me a 99%!!! I am over the moon excited, but still reserved just.in.case!!!

Here is my 12 week pic again...

And here is today's 13 week pic!!!

Cinss
November 17th, 2012, 09:58 PM
Brandles

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/635/635859sf42yme6au.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

spinningmadly
November 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Congrats!!

jark22
November 17th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hooray!!! Congrats!

Lassie1982
November 17th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Congrats brambles :)

mrshonyez
November 18th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Congratulations brandles!!

homebirthing princess
November 18th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Congratulations brandles xxx

suregena
November 18th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Congratulations, Brandles!!

Wishing4Pink
November 18th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Fab news Brandles, congratulations x

Tiffani3
November 18th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Congratulations brandles xx

Myloves
November 18th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Congrats Brandles!

Tiffani3
November 18th, 2012, 04:38 AM
brandles did you sway if so what did you do? xx

Bimby
November 18th, 2012, 06:12 AM
Congratulations Brandles :)

mummypink
November 18th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Congratulations Brandles!! :D

Really hope I get pink news in the morning, my house is going to be so clean I'm that busy trying to distract myself lol!

Either the stats so far for April are in my favour and we are due some girls or Rosie is right and it is a bad month for having girlie's. I feel sick just thinking about it, I know I will be fine if it is another boy and of course love him to pieces but as this is our last I think it is just hope I have now that maybe I could have a daughter and knowing that tomorrow that hope could be taken away forever. I'm feeling loads more fluttery kicks and I keep wondering is that my little girl in there? I think I would burst into tears if the tech said girl tomorrow, I just don't believe I could be that lucky after so many lovely ladies on here have had such strong sways and still got an opposite.

At least by tomorrow I will be put out of my misery and have you lovely ladies to support me through. Don't know what I would do without you all understanding how I feel! xxx

Cinss
November 18th, 2012, 06:43 AM
Best of luck for your scan tomorrow mummypink, Can't wait for an update!

Tiffani3
November 18th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Good luck sweetie xx

Brandles
November 18th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks everyone!!!! I'm still cautiously excited!!!!

Mummypink~ I wish you the best of luck and sending you pink vibes! I have to tell you I was the same way yesterday and couldn't stop cleaning my house. Lol!!!

Turning the page
November 18th, 2012, 09:01 AM
What a beautiful little lady!! Congrats, Brandles!! :)

Shellbelle
November 18th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Congrats Brandles! And gl today mummypink!

hotdogz&boyz
November 18th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Congrats brandles! Looks rather girly!! I am excited that your nub was at 12+1 and ended up being a girl. Mine was at 12+0 and got girly guesses, but I feel the odds are still against me. Lol.

Good luck mommy pink. I hope it's pink for you!!

I still have weeks before my scan, so it might switch into a boy boom by then. But it looks like this time is shaping up more girly.

jark22
November 18th, 2012, 11:18 AM
I finally went on the computer to this site (I've only visited through my phone since initially setting up an account). And I made a signature!!! I feel like a real member now LOL!

Mummypink- good luck tomorrow!!! All of my fingers and toes will be crossed!

mummypink
November 18th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks everyone, I will update you in the morning as soon as we are home. xxxx

ynwa
November 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Thanks everyone, I will update you in the morning as soon as we are home. xxxx

Good luck with scan,what time is scan uk time?will be stalking:.)

mummypink
November 18th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks ynwa, it is 9:30am over here so that makes it 08:30am UK time.
I see you're in Liverpool - I went to University there, lots of lovely memories. :)

ynwa
November 18th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Thanks ynwa, it is 9:30am over here so that makes it 08:30am UK time.
I see you're in Liverpool - I went to University there, lots of lovely memories. :)

Oooo nice and early,yes liverpool,it's a great city,:.)

suregena
November 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
You know, I've only gone to Liverpool ONCE! For a mini-day trip! It's not even *that* far from me. But then again, I've only gone to London once, too.

mummypink
November 18th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I feel seriously sick, I've spent the last 20 mins obsessing over ultrasound pics online so I have a better idea of what I'm looking at tomorrow. I'm trying to convince myself that of course it is a boy and that is perfectly fine, and it isn't such a big deal if I don't have a daughter. Who am I kidding!! :worry:

I'm so scared I'm not going to be able to hide my disappointment if they say it is another boy, and I just feel terrible to even be having these feelings when I am so lucky to have two beautiful children and be pregnant with hopefully another healthy baby. I should be obsessing over whether the baby is ok not whether it is male or female :(

Shellbelle
November 18th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I seriously think this wait would be easier without ever having seen a nub lol. I was blissfully ignorant with my other babies, and the wait for the gender scan seemed long, but it was no where near as difficult mentally.

Shellbelle
November 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'm so scared I'm not going to be able to hide my disappointment if they say it is another boy, and I just feel terrible to even be having these feelings when I am so lucky to have two beautiful children and be pregnant with hopefully another healthy baby. I should be obsessing over whether the baby is ok not whether it is male or female :(

Please just know that we understand how you feel. :) Every time I spot I remind myself that I should just be happy that the baby seems healthy and has a strong hb. But the gd is still overwhelming.

suregena
November 18th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I have to say - I am really down about my temper these past couple weeks. I seriously freak out at everything - my son, the dog. I feel the worst about my son as he doesn't deserve me being so short tempered. It's usually over stuff, like him asking, "What you doing? What you doing? What you doing?" over and over, etc. And I just get really abrupt and angry. Like, the rage in this pregnancy is ridiculous. I wasn't nearly as full of rage in my pregnancy with him. Is that just the nature of being pregnant and also being a mother already or could that just be due to differences in different pregnancies?

It makes me feel so bad. :( The weird thing is, my first pregnancy I snapped at my husband a lot in the beginning. This time he hasn't been annoying me at all! It's just the dog and my son! Ahhhh! I want it to stop! :( It just bubbles over (the rage) really easily.

I mean, I'm sure part of it could be that we have come into some serious debt problems and can barely afford food at the moment (my mom has been having to paypal us money every week so we can eat.... all of my accounts - 2 credit cards and my bank account deny any transactions now because I've gone over on all of them, etc) And seriously, about 4 months ago everything was FINE. We were getting some tax credits every week (a UK thing) that helped make up for pay I was losing towards childcare costs so our standard of living was just fine. No issues. Credit cards were being paid down, etc. No big deal. But then we made an error in reporting this year's salaries to them (a BIG error) which led to them saying we make *too* much money and now we owed THEM money and they were stopping the weekly payments. And that was all it took to suddenly send all of my finances spiralling down because those weekly payments helped cover the things I cannot cover now... so then we had to do grocery shops on the credit cards (not ideal!), which were pretty full as we went on a few holidays this year. I had everything in place to pay things off by early next year and now I'm in a position where that is just beyond possible. My bank account is now charging me over £100 each month (which just makes it worse... even LESS money!) because my pay without the tax credits doesn't cover my bills 100%. This all sounds convoluted... sorry... maybe that is where the rage is coming......

We're in the middle of appealing their recent decision to not add the correct sums in and fix the tax credit thing (What the hell? I don't get why they came to that decision!) so we're waiting now to hear back a second time but it could take months. :(

I am so grateful my mother, in the end, bought all of our plane tickets to the US for Christmas/New Years because, seriously... I need to be in the comfort of my family right now so bad.

I didn't mean for this post to turn into this long ramble!

ynwa
November 18th, 2012, 03:42 PM
You know, I've only gone to Liverpool ONCE! For a mini-day trip! It's not even *that* far from me. But then again, I've only gone to London once, too.

:.) what do you think of it?

Cinss
November 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
oh mummypink the nerves must be terrible now, it is probably going to be obvious on the scan when they are looking at the gender so im sure you will probably know before they tell you if its a girl, maybe you could ask them to write it down so you can react in the privacy of your home, or car if you cant wait?

suregena
November 18th, 2012, 03:52 PM
:.) what do you think of it?

I liked it a lot! Just wish I could have spent a bit more time there. We literally got there like 1 - 2pm and then left by 7pm. Me and my husband's friend was going to LIPA so we went to meet up with him for lunch and for me to have a walk around (American in Liverpool... 'nough said!) In fact, when we went I was pregnant with my son and didn't know it yet. We went on a Saturday and I woke up on Monday feeling like I was going to puke and took a pregnancy test. :P
I remember while we were there, we went to a place to eat called Egg (which I LOVED!!!) and we all had the same thing to eat and it was a massive plate full of stuff. We were all starving. They were slowing down while eating and I was like, "I'm still really hungry. I bet I'm going to finish this!" and I certainly did finish it and they both didn't. Little did I know that it was my last decent meal before I found out I was pregnant and hit with morning sickness. :P

mummypink
November 18th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks Shellbelle, your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so grateful having you all to understand how horrid GD is. Oh and I haven't had a 12 week scan to obsess over and I'm still in a state! I would probably be worse though if I'd had all girl guesses at a 12 week scan as I'd be terrified the bubble was going to be burst.

Cinss - I think you're right and it probably will be obvious on the scan, my dh saw the boy bits before the tech on both my previous scans and thinks I'm being weird anyway so writing it down isn't really an option unfortunately.

Think I just need to go to bed and try and get a good nights sleep, I'm absolutely shattered today which I'm sure isn't helping my emotions.

Suregena - not sure about being gender related but I am snappy as anything too, I have absolutely no patience with the boys and feel like such a bad mummy. Ds1 even said to me the other day that I was always grumpy, it seems like every little naughty thing they do is magnified so I'm just constantly telling them off and then feeling horrible about it.

I think once I have tomorrow out of the way if it is a girl my mood should be improved 1000% and if it is a boy at least I know what the future holds and I will plan some lovely activities to do with my two boys to spoil them before the baby arrives. xxx

Shellbelle
November 18th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Suregena, it sounds like you are under so much stress that being snippy would be natural. I'm so sorry things are so tough for you and your family right now.

suregena
November 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I am trying to ignore it all because I seriously cannot do anything about it except what we are doing (going through an appeals process thing to get them to fix the amounts they have so we can get our tax credits back) but I suppose it's affecting me even when I am not actively thinking about it. :/

Tiffani3
November 18th, 2012, 04:51 PM
So sorry suregena your having such troubles thank god for your mum helping you out.

Mummypink good luck again will be stalking for your pink update :p
Xx

homebirthing princess
November 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Good luck for tomorrow mummy, we will all be here for you hun!! Have some of my pink dust ....... And most of all enjoy seeing your beautiful baby! We all know exactly how your feeling right now my love gd is such an arse!! Hope u get a good nights sleep, I will be stalking! (i still think its a girl) xxxx

jark22
November 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Girls- I'm totally obsessing.... Can you please check this out and let me know what you think. Can the next 13 days please hurry up???

Posted in the ultrasound- section (thank you again ynwa):http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/19809-little-obsessed.html

3girlsinarow
November 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hey Ladies....been keeping up with the posts but have not posted in a while....had a quick ? for you all. At what point did each of you start feeling your little ones? With my first dd, it was not until around 20 weeks, then around 19 with my second dd, then I know I started feeling my third dd at 16 weeks and some odd days....much earlier. I am now 16 weeks and 4/almost 5 days and have really only felt one definite little flutter that I'm sure was the baby, and that was actually about 5 days ago. I didn't think much about it before this week, bc I knew that was the earliest I've felt my babies, but for the past few days I've spent many occasions lying still trying to feel something, and have felt nothing. I know I'm likely worried for nothing, but I just can't wait to feel the baby so I won't worry. It seems like with my fourth, I would be less concerned about things, but it seems to be the opposite. Yikes!

jark22
November 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
3girlsinarow: I felt flutters with my first son a couple of days before 16 weeks. With my second I was closer to 14 weeks. This time I definitely felt flutters 3 times at 12 weeks. The flutters are always inconsistent until 20 weeks or so.....then the movements begin happening daily. I wouldn't start to worry until after 21-22 weeks.

Cinss
November 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
3girls do you know where your placenta is? If it is anterior (at the front) you wont be able to feel kicks as early as some just because its in the way. With my DD i think it was around 20 weeks when i could feel her, and nothing so far with this bub.

Rosie85
November 18th, 2012, 09:22 PM
My placenta is anterior this time and I just now feel a lot of movement, a week ago barely anything. With my first two I felt movement at 14-15 weeks.

Turning the page
November 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Hi 3girls! I felt flutters with this little one at 11 weeks--no lie! I thought maybe it was gas, but the flutters have become a bit stronger and more distinctive over the past couple of weeks. Now, I don't feel it often, maybe once a day for a few seconds. With DS1, I felt first kicks at 14+weeks. Both my babes have posterior placentas, so I guess they're easier to feel? I have two friends who had anterior placentas, and neither one felt any kicks until 18-20 weeks (and they are both very thin). Congrats on your pregnancy! I'm assuming you swayed? :)

spinningmadly
November 18th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Honestly I know it's frustrating but being that the baby is in that position I doubt any nub guess would even be accurate.

3blue2013
November 18th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Ok, I am officially obsessing over my nub and have 3.5 weeks to go! My pic is tricky due to baby's position but I am getting mostly boy guesses. That said, lovemy4 has said she doesn't think this is a nub shot. Coldwater said that given the position of the baby and that the baby is also turned slightly, it is impossible to give an accurate guess. The tech on babycenter, Turtle told me that this line is the cord insertion point. I know I should believe the "experts" and "tech," but I don't understand why I would get so many boy guesses and why the line I believe to be the nub looks like it is in the same spot as soooo many others. This was much easier b4 those 3 chimed in and I was getting used to the idea of not getting my DD.

3blue2013
November 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Honestly I know it's frustrating but being that the baby is in that position I doubt any nub guess would even be accurate.

I know...I almost wish I never had this picture! I over analyze everything and getting mixed answers does not help that one bit!

Cinss
November 18th, 2012, 10:58 PM
jheitz that is just one of those pics that could go 50/50, if it really is cord then no nub is visable, if it is nub baby is at a weird angle so you would expect to get guesses of both. Hang in there i know how hard it is waiting.

Bimby
November 19th, 2012, 02:26 AM
My placenta is anterior this time too :( It was with DS2 but I felt him around 17 weeks from memory.. I hope I still get to feel this lil bubba soon, I dont like using my doppler everyday but until I feel movement I find it comforting to hear bubba's heartbeat. My uterus was retroverted too but thankfully it has tipped forward the last 2 days so hearing the heartbeat doesnt take as long anymore.. My boys heard it today which was really cute. They said they could hear baby moving aswell. Melted my heart, they looked really excited.

Cant wait to hear about the upcoming scans!! Exciting times!!

jheitz that scan is a tricky one hey, It's so hard to tell hun, sorry :(

Hope everyone is well.

Pyrefly
November 19th, 2012, 02:45 AM
jheitz, without knowing anything about the cord insertion point, I would have initially thought it was a boy nub - but then I seem to have trouble spotting boy nubs for some reason, so I'm not much help.

I am hanging out to feel bub move too, I felt my boys pretty early and so am kind of expecting to feel this one in the next couple of weeks hopefully. The sonographer said the placenta was developing at the "back" so I assume that means it won't be in the way of feeling movements.

Tomorrow I will officially be in the second trimester :celebrate: - though my ticker seems to be one day behind on here, or maybe it's because I'm from New Zealand so I'm a day ahead of this website?

Take care everyone!

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 02:53 AM
Thinking of u mummy! Will check bk for news when I drop my boys off at sch! 30mins to go eeekkkk xxx

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Stalking......

Hope your out buying pink hun xxx

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 04:49 AM
come on mummy dont keep us in suspense ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Hi lovely ladies,

Just back from the scan and it is definitely another boy! I am actually feeling ok at the moment, a bit teary eyed and a lump in my throat but the scan was amazing and the tech was lovely. She took some great pictures which I will try and upload, and although I am sure it will hit me that I'm not ever going to have a daughter at the moment I'm just feeling very lucky to have another healthy little boy.

I was amazed as the placenta is anterior yet I found the heartbeat at 12 weeks and have had movement from then too! She has moved my dates earlier so I am now due on the 13th April so that may explain it.

Now got to seriously start thinking about boy names!! Not looking forward to telling people to be honest, I texted my mum and she sent me back 'hope you're not too disappointed' so I said nope that a girl would have been the icing on the cake but that a healthy boy is also wonderful. x

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 04:57 AM

ynwa
November 19th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Hi lovely ladies,

Just back from the scan and it is definitely another boy! I am actually feeling ok at the moment, a bit teary eyed and a lump in my throat but the scan was amazing and the tech was lovely. She took some great pictures which I will try and upload, and although I am sure it will hit me that I'm not ever going to have a daughter at the moment I'm just feeling very lucky to have another healthy little boy.

I was amazed as the placenta is anterior yet I found the heartbeat at 12 weeks and have had movement from then too! She has moved my dates earlier so I am now due on the 13th April so that may explain it.

Now got to seriously start thinking about boy names!! Not looking forward to telling people to be honest, I texted my mum and she sent me back 'hope you're not too disappointed' so I said nope that a girl would have been the icing on the cake but that a healthy boy is also wonderful. x

Awww he looks fab,congrats on a lovely baby boy,x

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 05:01 AM
awww mummy im so so sorry you didnt hear girl iam in total shock i really thought you would!!! :( congratulations on your beautiful little boy though hun he will be an amazing addition to your little family and you will love him so much!!! if u need to moan cry ect ect you know we are all here for you!!!
loadza love and hugs!!! :hug2: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Thanks lovely ladies xxx

Wishing4Pink
November 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM
Mummypink, i'm sorry you didn't hear girl. That little man is meant to be, congrats on your baby boy. Bigs hugs xx

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Thanks Wishing, the odds have got to be in your favour now for a girl! So many boys due in April!! xxx

Tiffani3
November 19th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Oh Mummypink I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl. I hope your ok.
He looks so cute in the pics congratulations on your little man xx

suregena
November 19th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Congratulations, mummypink! I'm glad you're not feeling too upset... you know those sweet babies, as soon as they're born you don't care what they are! He'll be just wonderful and you'll adore him to pieces! If you decide on a name that will certainly help, too ... so you can look forward to who this little person will be like. <3

Cinss
November 19th, 2012, 06:05 AM
Aw mummypink are those his feet in picture 2? So cute :) Hope your ok. xx

Myloves
November 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Congrats on your beautiful boy mummypink :awe:

jark22
November 19th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Mummypink- congratulations on your healthy little boy! I love his little feet and also that picture where his legs are all scrunched up :). I can't wait to hear what fabulous name you decide for him. Sending you big hugs!

Bimby
November 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Mummy pink congrats on your little boy hon, can't wait to hear the name you pick for him x

spinningmadly
November 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Aww mummypink, you seem to be handling it well! I hope I will handle it as well as you have. He looks adorable!!!

3girlsinarow
November 19th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Congratulations on your little man, mummy! He will be fabulous, no doubt!

Thanks ladies for all the reassurance about me not feeling baby yet....I guess my placenta might be in the way but haven't had an ultrasound since 7 wks 5 days, so I have not been told that of course. I guess I just expected to feel things by now since I did with my last. I'm sure I will soon....and that will be soooooo nice. My scan is only 10 days away now.....I can hardly stand the anticipation. Hopefully, with Thanksgiving this week the time will fly by. My dh has taken the day off on ultrasound day and we are planning to go out and celebrate baby after our appointment by having a nice date lunch together. I just keep imagining finding out boy and that we will both be over the moon and flipping out....and honestly I feel more and more fine with another girl, but I just wonder how I'll feel in that moment. It's not that I would be disappointed in her, but just that feeling of wondering if our family will ever have a boy. We have joked (quite seriously I suppose) that we might have a 5th, but who knows. Oh, time, hurry up!

On a gripe note, I have been having these stinkin' yucky headaches off and on for a few weeks. Granted, I'm thankful I'm not having migraines any more (which I have experienced in all my pregnancies) but these are just the dull, grab your head, make you feel like crap through your day kind of headaches). I had one when I laid down last night, and couldn't even fall asleep bc it was hurting so badly. So, up I was at almost midnight taking some tylenol. Thankfully, it's better right now....Oh, the things we go through in pregnancy.

spinningmadly
November 19th, 2012, 07:56 AM
I had a dream I had my scan and was told girl and it was a total girl. And then I woke up and was pissed it wasnt real!

Turning the page
November 19th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Awww, mummypink, your little boy is so beautiful!! Love the little feet! :) I know he will be so loved by his big brothers--there's something so great about the dynamic amongst three boys. My dear friend just had her third boy and is over the moon with him, and hasn't thought twice about not having a girl since his birth. Xo

spinningmadly
November 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I had a dream I had my scan and was told girl and it was a total girl. And then I woke up and was pissed it wasn't real!

spinningmadly
November 19th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Sorry phone double posted !!

Shellbelle
November 19th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Congrats mummypink! He is beautiful!

suregena
November 19th, 2012, 09:29 AM
My mother in law just saw the babe's photos on facebook and commented, "great to see babbi devoloping so well waiting to know if boy or girl"

And this is why I'd never be able to have a surprise even if I wanted to... she wants to know nonstop and is always asking or hinting to what she hopes it is (because she wants a girl badly to live vicariously through me. My one concern if this one IS a girl... that she will spoil and dote on the baby far more then she did on my son, eek...)

NCBeachyGrl
November 19th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Congrats mummypink on your little boy. I really believe these babies are meant to be as they made it through all the swaying. Big hugs!!!!

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks everyone you're all so lovely!

We went out today to get some paint as we're decorating our bedroom and I went to a baby shop and picked some super cute little elmo socks and a baby brother sleep suit. :D I have to say it was hard walking past all the baby girl stuff but when we picked the boys up from nursery and told them they are having a baby brother they were just over the moon!

I think I kind of got a lot of the stress and upset out of the way on the build up to the scan, I still can't imagine not having a girl or having three boys but I know it will all be great. My dh said we could have another in the future if I wanted but I know hand on heart I wouldn't be having another to have a baby I'd be having another to have a daughter. I don't want 4 children, I don't think I could cope as I'm already looking forward to being able to get rid of the baby stuff after this one has finished with it. I wouldn't want to go down the HT route so that would mean there would always be a good chance we would have another boy.

I think my three boys are going to be the best of friends, and what a lucky lady I will be with three sons looking out for me! I said to dh you can guarantee they will all go on to have girls and give me lots of grand daughters, I just have to make sure I'm not a mil from hell!!! ;)

I'm going to make our bedroom more girly now too! :)

Fingers crossed everyone else that is still waiting to find out the gender gets their DG. xxx

Shellbelle
November 19th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Mummypink, I love the idea of redecorating your bedroom to be more girly! I might have to do that, as ours is in no way girly right now lol and it would be a nice retreat to have. Your baby boy will be so sweet and precious!

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks Shellbelle, yep I figure with 3 little boys, a male dog and male cat I am entitled to a girly bedroom lol! ;)

Far too many willies in our house!!! I need a retreat! Haha! :D

hotdogz&boyz
November 19th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Mummy pink...I am so in awe of you. I hope I respond just like you if I find out ours is a boy. You sound so realistic and even excited. I just hope I am as delighted as you sound. I know it's hard to readjust, a good friend of mine has three boys and I know she had a hard time visualizing them together....but she too is head-over-heels with her third and I love seeing how cute her boys are together. It does make me excited for three boys in a way, cause how many people get that, ya know?!

Congrats on your gorgeous son, you got some super-cute shots there. I love it.

Surgena, I have the EXACT same concerns that you do. Exactly. My MIL is a crazy woman when it comes to wanting a girl. She was so disappointed that K was a boy. Openly as well. And it concerns me that she will all but ignore my boys if I have a girl (or if her other son has one, they are thinking of trying this coming year). She isn't so great of a grandmother with them already, so it really worries me that she will dote on the granddaughter and ignore her grandsons. I hope I am concerned over nothing. But it's a real thought I have. I know my mom won't at all. And I know I won't treat them differently. But I think my MIL would have if one of hers had been a girl (she spoiled her one niece, even to the disappointment of her own sons). And that scares me if mine is a girl this time.

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Thanks hotdogz, don't get me wrong I am gutted and feel like sitting and having a really good cry. I'm sure I will at some point when dh isn't about as he really doesn't get it. I think seeing our baby on the ultrasound though just reminded me of how amazing all of this is, what a miracle our new little man is and like you say not many people are lucky enough to get three gorgeous boys!
My other boys reactions has helped massively too, although I feel bad for my mum as she will never have a grand daughter now and I know she was dying to start knitting pink things for me! My mil was surprisingly ok when dh told her, she just commented on what a shame she wouldn't get to buy some frilly knickers but what a gorgeous boy he looked and how wonderful it was. She has a grand daughter from my bil though so that took the pressure off there! xx

hotdogz&boyz
November 19th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I totally understand wanting that good cry. And I hope it helps. I am sure there is a big aspect of disappointment. But you are so gracious and I really hope I can see all the good in having three boys when I am there. I am so terrified I will melt into a puddle of tears right then and there :( But I am glad people are taking it well too, that is a big aspect of finding out that I am not looking forward to.

suregena
November 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Surgena, I have the EXACT same concerns that you do. Exactly. My MIL is a crazy woman when it comes to wanting a girl. She was so disappointed that K was a boy. Openly as well. And it concerns me that she will all but ignore my boys if I have a girl (or if her other son has one, they are thinking of trying this coming year). She isn't so great of a grandmother with them already, so it really worries me that she will dote on the granddaughter and ignore her grandsons. I hope I am concerned over nothing. But it's a real thought I have. I know my mom won't at all. And I know I won't treat them differently. But I think my MIL would have if one of hers had been a girl (she spoiled her one niece, even to the disappointment of her own sons). And that scares me if mine is a girl this time.

Oh, that sounds just like my mother in law! :P She's always been a bit (openly) bitter she had three boys. My husband was her late-in-life accident and she was ready to call him Genevieve! They had a name picked out for a boy, too, just in case (George Herbert - ha!) But then when he was born and was a he, she changed her mind on the name they picked and called him Simon George instead. Oddly enough, my husband never liked his birth name (he goes by Ned, much to her annoyance! I've never known him as Simon except when his family address him.) He always insisted that they shouldn't have talked about "George Herbert" so much while he was in utero because then he may not have such a problem with his birth name. Ha... he is legally changing it to Ned when he has to renew his passport. He had a very lonely childhood growing up and a mother who wasn't very... motherly (I think she was like that in general with all three of her sons, though.)

All through my pregnancy with my son, her and my father in law (who passed away when my son was 4 months old) said, "... and hopefully it's a girl!" when we knew it would probably be a boy, which is why we found out, so they'd stop. It was getting really irritating. My father in law was starting to decline in that year, mentally, and had some memory issues. We had to remind him constantly it was a boy and what his name was going to be. Right up until before I gave birth he'd say things like, "And it's a girl, right?" and we'd have to sigh and say, "No, we told you last Tuesday it's a boy and his name is Otis..."

After my son was born, it turned into, "And hopefully next time it's a girl!"

Anyway... when she found out I was pregnant this time, she's been saying, "Obviously I just hope it's healthy, but hopefully it's a girl!"

So, while I would love a girl, I worry what she'll be like! Eeeeeeeegads. My mother, on the other hand, will dote on the baby, boy or girl. But, you know...

WHAT IS IT WITH MOTHER IN LAWS? :P

auroara78
November 19th, 2012, 03:05 PM
mummypink, big congrats!! I agree, I love the way you sound so excited to meet him, and I totally love the idea of doing your own bedroom to be a girly retreat! I had the same idea for when we move to a new house someday (hopefully in 2 years) I want our master bedroom to be an oasis of rest and relaxation! I agree with NC, these baby boys were meant to born, because come and think of it, if Mrs. Jonas, the Mom of the Jonas brothers, had a girl for her 3rd, then her sons might not have been superstars with oddles of money and fame, lol....well, maybe a bad example, (I'm not a fan), but that was the thing I told myself before I found out DD's gender..I thought, if the baby was a boy, then he was meant to be!!

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hey Ladies....been keeping up with the posts but have not posted in a while....had a quick ? for you all. At what point did each of you start feeling your little ones? With my first dd, it was not until around 20 weeks, then around 19 with my second dd, then I know I started feeling my third dd at 16 weeks and some odd days....much earlier. I am now 16 weeks and 4/almost 5 days and have really only felt one definite little flutter that I'm sure was the baby, and that was actually about 5 days ago. I didn't think much about it before this week, bc I knew that was the earliest I've felt my babies, but for the past few days I've spent many occasions lying still trying to feel something, and have felt nothing. I know I'm likely worried for nothing, but I just can't wait to feel the baby so I won't worry. It seems like with my fourth, I would be less concerned about things, but it seems to be the opposite. Yikes!

I know i'm not part of this thread but just to add in my 2 cents - with my third i didn't feel him until i was gone 20 weeks and was really worried about it but it turned out my placenta was on the front and until baby got a bit bigger i couldn't feel him kick through this. Chat your midwife but please don't worry as their could be numerous reasons for this x

Brandles
November 19th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Mummypink~ congratulations on your boy... He sure is adorable!! You got some great shots!! I was really hoping to see that you posted pink, but you will absolutely adore your 3 boys. I was extremely gd with my last boy, but wouldn't change it for the world. I really like the idea of redecorating your room. That's really sweet of your hubby to be so supportive and offer to have a 4th baby if you wanted... You never know you may want to try one more time.

You will be truly blessed with 3 boys... I know I have been!

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Oh mummypink i was so sure you'd hear girl but huge congratulations on your third son. Three boys are so special and mine are the best of friends, i hope yours are to.

I re did my bedroom and embraced my girly side after i had him, i had a beautiful 1920's dressing table (something i'd always wanted) and a glamorous room, its my escape from all the boys. My other trick, if your interested for the future was Lily (my king charles spaniel) she is such a girl and its so nice not to be the only female in my house x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 19th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Mrs. P do you have a dog named Lily? If so, I do too!!!

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Mrs. P do you have a dog named Lily? If so, I do too!!!

Yeah Lily was my little girl name, i had decided i was done with 3 boys but wanted a little female around. We had Lily in July. She is such a girl, hates the rain or getting dirty, loves being bathed and dried with the hair dryer and she is so gentle.

Not the best pic as she is a lot prettier than this but this is Lily

Cinss
November 19th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Aww Lily is a doll :)

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 04:13 PM
Aww Lily is a doll :)

Aw thank you, we are really rather fond of her, maybe next time i post a pic of my little girl, it will be a real little girl though - i can but hope anyway LOL

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Aww Mrs p Lilly is adorable....I embraced my girly side with poppy my king Charles, tho now she's a tomboy lol here she is as a pup (when I could dress her up haha) 6414

I also hav a girly room I love Cath kidston so its done vintage themed...and Pink :) xx

Cinss
November 19th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Aww Poppy is so pretty!

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Oh how cute!!!!!! Bet you can't wait to meet your little girl, you'll now nearly match all the boys in your house, a lovely balance x

Cinss
November 19th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Now i want a girl puppy !!! Here are our 2 boys Dexter the black staffy and Salem the white ShiPooChi ;)

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Aw he reminds me of my old dog he was staffy and my baby before i had babies - he died last year and i was so upset.

Staffies are such lovely dogs, its such a shame they have such a bad reputation at times - he was loving and the only dog i ever trusted with my kids. They are so much like people its scary (well he was anyway) he had this faced he pulled that looked just like he was smiling!

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 04:45 PM
:) you can tell by the look in her eyes 'im trouble' and she really is lol she rolls in the mud barks constantly and is always after food she should have been a boy! But I agree she's very pretty!
I can't wait for this little girl she is definitely much needed in our boy dominated family. People say to me though she willl probably be a tomboy as she will have 2 older brothers.....id best make the most of being able to dress her up whilst I can then :) xx

homebirthing princess
November 19th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Awwwwww beautiful boys xx

Mrs_P
November 19th, 2012, 04:48 PM
:) you can tell by the look in her eyes 'im trouble' and she really is lol she rolls in the mud barks constantly and is always after food she should have been a boy! But I agree she's very pretty!
I can't wait for this little girl she is definitely much needed in our boy dominated family. People say to me though she willl probably be a tomboy as she will have 2 older brothers.....id best make the most of being able to dress her up whilst I can then :) xx

Don't let them rain on your parade - a tomboy she may well be but first and foremost she will be your DAUGHTER!!!!!!!!! and at least she won't cry every time she breaks a nail

suregena
November 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Oooooh - doggie sharing! Heeh

I had to leave my sweet terrier mutt boy, JoJo, back in Arizona with my mom when I moved to the UK. When I moved he was probably about 8 years old and the process to move a dog from the US to the UK is just intense (and expensive.) I had started it but didn't get past the beginning stages... I decided, due to his age, it would be unfair, and if by chance they made me quarantine him... I wouldn't have forgiven myself! He's aged a lot since living with my mom, he walks to the side and is a bit 'crooked' like he had a mini stroke at some point. My mom worries about him so it is very likely my Christmas visit will be the last time I see him, ever. Him and I were partner's in crime from when we rescued him (when I was in middle school) and when I moved out of the house after I graduated, he went with me. He was my favorite dude, ever. Here's my sweet JoJo in our young days together!

(Geez, the weather in the UK has really killed my hair. I miss my hair and how it responded to dry weather! Grrr!)

When I moved to the UK, I was heartsick for my pup, JoJo, and in general missed having a dog (I've always had a dog in my life.) My husband said as soon as I managed to get a job (it took a year!), we could rescue a dog. We got a Sporting Lucas Terrier called Yeti (we changed his name - didn't like his old name - Yeti suits him more, hehee.)

Yeti likes going on a picnic... haha...

My hubby and Yeti:

YAY FOR DOGGIES! :)

mummypink
November 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Unfortunately we have a male dog (golden retriever) and a male cat so I am totally outnumbered by boys lol!! ;)

spinningmadly
November 19th, 2012, 06:20 PM
i didn't get a chance to read everything since I've had a CRAPPY day and I rear ended someone on the way to DS1's preschool..

but anyway.. it sounds like we all have the same mother in law! lol!

Cinss
November 19th, 2012, 06:23 PM

I dont think having older siblings of the opposite sex makes for a tomboy girl or a sissy boy, but we get the comments too, people seem to think if we get a boy he will turn out gay for having 3 older sisters :mad:

jark22
November 19th, 2012, 06:53 PM
If we have a girl- I would love for her to be a tomboy :). I don't really like pink, purple and frills. But it doesn't matter because we all love our children the way that they are. So it doesn't matter if our sons turn out gay or our daughters turn out to be tomboys. Don't listen to other people.

And I love everyone's doggy pictures. Unfortunately we had to give our sweet dog to a rescue organization last year after she bit my older son right above his eye. It was shocking because they grew up together.....she knew Ryan since he was a baby. And she was such a great dog- but after that horrible night I just didn't trust her with my babies anymore. I'm not sure we will ever get another dog because if she was capable of doing that then any dog is capable. She was the sweetest, easiest dog. She has great new owners now (a couple without kids)- and she lives on the beach in NC. I'm happy for her. 6430

Brandles
November 19th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I dont think having older siblings of the opposite sex makes for a tomboy girl or a sissy boy, but we get the comments too, people seem to think if we get a boy he will turn out gay for having 3 older sisters :mad:

Oh gosh, I hate when people make comments like that. I used to dress my brother in little girl dresses all the time and he came out just fine!!!

mrshonyez
November 19th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Aww I'm loving all the doggie pics! We have 2 Turkish cats, but no dogs for now.
Congratulations on the little boy mummypink! I know how you feel, but I can tell he will be very much loved in your family! So I decided a couple of years ago that I want to be a sonographer, and lately have really been itching to get more info about going to school for it, so I've decided to see how much of it (if any) I can do online for now. I'm really excited about it, and to top it off, tonight DH said that we could have one more baby after this one so long as I go back to school and get a job! It wouldn't be for a while because I'd really like to have my boys all in school before I go back to work, but at least I know I have one more chance! :)

jark22
November 19th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Ok those of you with 3 already: how hard was it going from 2 to 3? My boys will be 4 and almost 6 when this one is born. I had a REALLY hard transition going from 1 to 2 because they were only 21 months apart and they were very overwhelming. The baby cried constantly unless he was being held or fed. Seriously- my mom didn't even want to watch him for me because he was the worst baby ever. And my older son was just such an active toddler. He never stopped......or listened. I am excited about #3 because my boys will be so much older and are already so independent. They will also be in school for the first 8 weeks the baby is here. I'm thinking my transition from 2 to 3 will be much better. A friend of mine on FB keeps making comments to me about how hard it's going to be and how I have no idea what I'm in for, etc. She just had her 3rd a month ago but she also has a just 5 year old and a 20 month old. Tonight I asked her to post more pictures of her newest little guy and she said "Just wait till your third gets here and you will see you won't have any time to take pictures". Well I highly doubt that because I am NUTZO with the camera. I take a million pictures every month- even when the boys were babies (probably took even more photos then). So seriously- how hard is it? I'm thinking she's having a tougher time because of the close age difference to her 2nd son......

Thorz300
November 19th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Sorry to say, for me 2 to 3 was really really hard, but then again we moved across the country away from family and friends when the 3rd was only 3 months old. So I had a 4 year old and 2 year old and a new baby in a place where I knew no one. Even with that said, I think it still would have been harder with 3 because I only have 2 hands, and when my husband is home, we are still out numbered.

Pyrefly
November 19th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I am in a similar situation to you Jark22, my two boys are 5 and 4 and are 17 months apart in age. I like the idea of them being more independent when I have this next one. With my 5 year old in school and my 4 year old at preschool, I'm sure I will get plenty of prime time with #3 for photos etc :D

Myloves
November 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Cinss, some of the best men I know have 3 or 4 older sisters :o Your son will be just like them!
:sigh: Dumb comments... will they ever end?

Brandles
November 20th, 2012, 01:52 AM
When it comes to transitioning from 2-3 kids I don't count. It was like starting all over again since there is such a hugs age gap between 2 and 3... 10 year difference. When I was the nurse for my OB... I had several patients with multiple children tell me all the time that going from 2-3 was really hard but 3-4 and 4-5 were a breeze.

homebirthing princess
November 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Hope your ok today mummy?
Xxx

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I wondered about the going from 2-3 thing too... DS1 will turn 4 when I'm 38 weeks, and DS2 won't be 2 until July. I'm so nervous about having 3 so young! DS1 will hopefully be starting preschool around August though, but we are home alone so much that I'm scared of taking care of 3 little ones all by myself! Too late to be thinking about that now though, huh lol.

mummypink
November 20th, 2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks HB, I woke up feeling ok and then I remembered and it kind of hit me. I just feel really sad tbh, I feel like I have let people down which I know is really silly and no one is saying anything to make me feel like that. I'm putting on a brave and happy face for everyone, but inside I feel like I'm grieving for my little girl. :(
I keep reminding myself how lucky I am, a friend of mine lost two babies and another can't have any so I feel totally selfish for the way I'm feeling. I know I'll be ok, and I'm sure the feelings will go away but I think I had convinced myself without realising it that this really was going to be a girl. I had everything planned out in my head of the things we could do together as she got older, how nice it would be to have female company etc etc. Now it feels like it has all been taken away from me.

I'm going to go and have a good cry in the shower now the boys have gone to nursery, I think I just need to get it out of my system.

As for going from 2 to 3 children I'm not so worried about that, I know it will be hard work but as there was 17 months between my first two I think it is going to be fairly easy in comparison. Both the boys are toilet trained, and understand instructions which of course ds1 didn't when ds2 was born. They are both eager to help and excited to meet their baby brother. They will be 5 and nearly 4 when the baby is born, of course it all depends on how easy or difficult the baby is and I'm sure it will be a bit harder getting back into a baby routine as I was never out of it when ds2 came along. xx

Lassie1982
November 20th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I love the doggy pics, we are a doggy family too ( and cat and horse LOL)
We have 2 rescue collies, lassie and kenzie, and a boxer pup names winston.
Winston:

Kenzie (her coat has grown back now, she had to get shaved because it was in such bad condition when She was rescued)

And the one who stole my heart....Lassie

Milo the Ragdoll (who deadset thinks he is a dog, I'm not really a cat person, but Milo is so unlike a cat it's not funny)

Grace
November 20th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Oh mummypink, I am shocked you are also having a boy! How could it be?? The boy rate in this group is getting too bizarre, I mean even if we all swayed boy it would have been unbelievable! Anyway, I hope you're doing well and that GD hasn't hit you too hard.
This last few weeks DS1 has been keeping me busy, turns out he has some kidney disfunction , something that's called Nephrotic syndrome. He was hospitalized for a few days for check ups and observation, and at first we thought he would get over it without treatment. Unfortunately, last weekend his face started swelling again (edema due to kidney problems) and now we have to start giving him steroid treatment for at least 4 weeks. I must say that seeing all those sick children in hospital has made it very clear to me how valuable our kids and our own health is, more than ever. So, I just wanted to remind ourselves that we should be thankful for our healthy children, no matter boys or girls!

Lassie1982
November 20th, 2012, 04:32 AM
Hugs mummypink. I'm so sorry you are hurting, please don't feel guilty for the way you are feeling, it's normal, it it will get better, I can't speak from experience (yet!) but everyone on here says that all gd disappears when they hold their bubs.
Your little girl might still be in your destiny, just not right now.
Hope you feel better soon xo

Butterfly Spirit
November 20th, 2012, 04:46 AM
MummyPink.. my :awe: goes out to you. I send you (((((((BIG hugs)))))))) to deal with this unexpected disappointment.
I am so sorry. I guess your little guy saw how much FUN your family was and wanted to be a part of it. I believe when you meet him he might just be the absolute light of your life, but for now I can only imagine how you are feeling.

mummypink
November 20th, 2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks lovelies, so glad I have you all to understand. I've been really tearful all morning and my dh is in a bit of a mood with me as he just doesn't get it at all. I feel like a complete selfish cow as a result, my friend is due her baby girl any day now too.

I think I am officially crazy as I've been Googling how often u/s are wrong, which is mental as quite clearly you could see the boy bits and at 19 weeks it isn't going to be wrong!! I just never imagined having three boys, from the moment we had ds1 I always thought we would have two boys and a girl.

I know it will be fine, I'll move on and get over these horrible feelings but right now it feels like gd has swallowed me whole. :(

jark22
November 20th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I just woke up from a horrible dream. In it I had had a baby this past spring who was born sleeping. My doctor wouldn't let me hold the baby and my husband didn't want me to know the sex because he thought it would be too painful. In the dream, I was pregnant just as I am now - and we still didn't know gender (same as now). I begged my husband to tell me the gender of the baby we lost and of course it was a girl. So in my dream I had so much anxiety that this next baby would be a boy because I felt like losing that baby in the spring was the only chance we had at having a little girl. I hate crazy dreams like this. I wake up sad and then I always try to analyze them....... Hoping the next 11 days flies by without too many more crazy dreams.

mummypink
November 20th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Hugs Jark xxx

homebirthing princess
November 20th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Mummy its fine to feel sad hun its a shock when you have something planned in your head for so long!!! Dh never understand but we all do so instead of keeping it all bottled up plz talk to us! Take time to grieve for your little girl hun and don't feel ashamed!!!
Big hugs xxxx

homebirthing princess
November 20th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Grace I hope your little boy is ok hun xx

homebirthing princess
November 20th, 2012, 07:44 AM
I'm having a bad day today, think its because my scan is on Saturday so I've started worrying again! I'm finding myself googling how often do techs get scans wrong aswell mummy! I've been having dreams of going on sat and being told its a boy! It's stupid I know, in a way I wish I'd have kept the gender a suprise now. My aunt just came over wiv a bag of pink knitting and said she better be a girl this lot took me ages!

I've also found out that my mum has been telling my brother (and god knows who else) that she has a really bad feeling about me being pregnant and she thinks something bad will happen....as if I'm not worried enough its because my sister was stillborn and she always says to me that girls are harder to carry! I guess because I've been told girl its making me panic about everything more I'm so scared to get excited incase something happens and bursts my bubble iykwim?
Sorry to moan ladies x

spinningmadly
November 20th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Hbp- most of me really wants to hear girl. But I know when I do my anxiety will triple. I Have a better track record with boys. Obviously. My doctors have told repeatedly me it has nothing to do with that. But I can't help but wonder since dhs mother lost a baby at 11 weeks, too early to know the sex for her but I wonder if it was a girl too. Anyway, realistically , there are reasons you can't carry boys but not girls I've been told, I'm sure things will be great at your scan

Winngrin
November 20th, 2012, 09:04 AM
So much to catch up on.

Congratulations on your sweet boy Mummypink!

I've been so busy I've hardly had time to think about being pregnant! We brought home our new Basset hound puppy, Loretta. She is an angel, except she cries in her crate and we live in a townhouse so I have to be careful my neighbors aren't bothered. I've been letting her sleep on the bed St night, I forget how much work pups are!
We had ds3s first bday party on Sunday and ds1 made his school basketball team and has practice every evening right in the middle of dinner time.
If anything, this pregnancy is going too fast, I'm not ready, haha!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 20th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Mummypink, the day after I found out this baby was a boy was extremely hard for me. I cried the entire day. I never showered or got dressed. I had crazy thoughts running through my head. But that day passed, and so did the feelings. It's completely normal and healthy. I hope in the next few days things will start looking up and the idea of having another ds will put a smile on your face. I hate GD!!!!

auroara78
November 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM
just had to pop in and say I love all the dog pictures!

mummy, you are so brave and I know you love that little man when he comes! Before we found what DD would be, my husband got really snippy at me with the idea of me crying if I found out the baby had been a boy. I actually thought I'd cry either way, but I was so stunned to hear girl that I had no tears, just wonderment of "could the tech be right?" and while preggo, every time someone told me I wasn't carrying the baby like a girl, but looked too round, like I was having a boy, I'd worry all over again, hbp! So don't worry--I'm sure the baby is still all girl.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Lassie I had a cat named Oliver that was just like a dog. He played fetch, ran around like a dog and even followed my dad around everywhere...he would even jump in his truck to go for rides with him. He begged for treats and food of all kinds and was the greatest cat ever. He was hit and killed by a car a few years ago...I cried for days on end.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Sorry to hear about the hard time with gd today mummy. It will pass as time goes on, big hugs to you!

Grace I hope your ds will be okay, so scary to have a sick kid. :-(

Brandles
November 20th, 2012, 10:33 AM
My DH and I have wanted a girl for so long... I'm not sure if he's just trying to be tough so he's not gd'd again, but he keeps saying he wants a boy. He even told his brother in private that he wants another boy. Last Monday when we got home from our nt scan and had a great girly nub shot with 100% girly guesses he was a little snippy with me. He even told our 3yo, "do you hear what your mommy's trying to do? She's trying to make your baby brother a baby sister!" Sigh! Then after our early gender scan where I heard 99% girl and again more 100% girl guesses... He tells me don't get too excited... It's going to be another boy... Just watch! Ugh, I'm so irritated with him.

I'm going to ignore all his comments. It is what it is even if she turns into a he. I really think he's trying to cover up from being disappointed though. With #3 we were told 85% girl at our nt scan and she said have fun shopping... Just don't paint yet. Then at our next ultrasound at 18 weeks it was clearly a boy. We were both gutted. I really hope this is a girl and he's just being silly.

Ok, rant over!

mummypink
November 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Grace - hope your son is ok! You are right our little ones are so precious!

Thank you so much to you all for your support, I know a lot of you are struggling with gd too so it really means a lot. I'm actually starting to feel better, I took our dog out for a walk and started telling myself that if the thought of never having a daughter was upsetting me so much that I needed to stop thinking about it! Dh has said we could have another one and although I seriously don't think that is an option for me as I couldn't do this again at least it is an option. Also, and I know this is truly insane, but it actually made me feel better looking at u/s pics that turned out to be girls. I know the tech was absolutely 100% and she even said there is no way this one will turn out to be a girl, but I figure if a tiny bit of hope is helping me along at the moment then that is ok. By the time my 32 week scan comes around we should have chosen a name for him and I will have got my head around it so having a confirmation of boy will be just fine.

HBP - I don't think there is any way your baby will turn out to be a boy so please don't worry! It is really rare that they get it wrong, at least on Saturday you'll have your mind put at rest and then you can go seriously crazy shopping for pink! :)

Brandles - It sounds like your dh is trying to protect you in a typical man way!! Not long now until you will get confirmation that it is def a girl and then I'm sure he will be over the moon.

xxx

TT_3814
November 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Big hugs mummy, my heart goes out to you and others with GD. xx Congrats on your baby boy.

Grace~ I'll be keeping your son in my thoughts.

Winn~ Congrats on your newest family member, I hope she adjusts to her crate soon but glad she's doing great otherwise.

Rosie~ Oliver sounded like such a wonderful companion, I'm so sorry his life was cut so tragically short. :(

suregena
November 20th, 2012, 03:29 PM
I wish I didn't know about the nub theory! ARRRRRRGH!

homebirthing princess
November 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM

That's exactly how I felt :) you do become abit nubsessed! Xx
Your bubs def looks girly tho and one of the pics looks just like my babys goin by the scull xx

suregena
November 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
That's exactly how I felt :) you do become abit nubsessed! Xx
Your bubs def looks girly tho and one of the pics looks just like my babys goin by the scull xx

Where's your 12 week photo? Do you have one? I read through a huge portion of the confirmed boy nub thread on in-gender and it's definitely made my hopes go down to tube! There are some very girly looking nubs on there! And I keep convincing myself that my little one's nub is going up but then again, I don't frequently look and guess people's nubs so maybe I'm getting anxious for no reason. It's stupid because I don't mind if I have a boy but the hope of a girl has suddenly made me all irrational and silly! Like... OH MY GOD, A GIRL?! I mean, stupid me *gasped* like a dummy when the tech/sonographer doing my NT scan, because I know her and she knew I was finding out gender anyway, and she said she wanted to say girl. She heard me gasp and said, "DON'T GO BUY ANYTHING." Probably thinking, "Oh good grief... what have I just said to this woman?!" Hahaha....

But see, now that doesn't even make me feel secure since so many people in the confirmed boy nub thread said their techs said girl only to turn out boy. NO ONE IS SAFE!!! Ahhhhh! God, 3 weeks is soooo far away.

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM

I have said this many, many times over the past week or so. ;) It just made the waiting (and obsessing) worse! I'm dreaming about nubs now -- and not just about my baby's nub, but about other people's, too!

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I am working on our "we're expecting" announcement for FB right now. I'm excited and dreading it at the same time, because I am already tired of the "two words: birth control" and "I bet you hope it's a girl" comments.

hotdogz&boyz
November 20th, 2012, 04:54 PM
Nubs make the whole thing more complicated, i have decided. It's horrible. I am dreaming of nubs as well (we had a gender scan that was determined solely on the nub. Lol). And I was actually quite fine thinking this baby was a boy until my nub turned up "very girly." But then, "very girly" doesn't mean much at the CRL my baby was measuring. I don't know where that stupid study got its numbers, because my baby was measuring 12 weeks, but the CRL was in their "11 week" range. So that just makes me even more skeptical that I could actually have a girl. I actually hate having the hope and having dreams that the baby is a girl...because I think that will make it worse when the tech says boy. My gut has said boy from the beginning...but as I know a few people finding out (and the gut instinct thread on here), it doesn't seem to matter what the "gut" says...I am seeing more wrong than right. So gosh only knows. But I am obsessing as well. And I will be delighted with a healthy baby anything, it's not planned to be our last so it isnt a "desperation" thing (although it will be with our next one if this is a boy, since that one WILL be our last). But geez. Its like a sickness, the obsessing.

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I would love a link to that stupid study, LOL, because your post about it gave me a little bit of hope. ;) Seriously, nub theory has caused no end of worry and frustration and obsession and heartache and hope and anger since the scan.

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
We let our youngest make the FB announcement, since he's never gotten to do it before. ;)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Shell, I love it!!!! And your little guy is so incredibly cute!!! Great announcement!!!

suregena
November 20th, 2012, 05:34 PM
I am so glad I am not alone in the crazy.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

suregena
November 20th, 2012, 05:34 PM
We let our youngest make the FB announcement, since he's never gotten to do it before. ;)

That's SO cute!!!

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Thanks, 3m! He's a sweetie!

Suregena, you are SO not alone in the crazy. I feel like I'm losing it. Seriously. I don't know how I will get through the next couple of weeks until my gender scan. And thanks!

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 05:42 PM
I should be making dinner. But what am I doing? Looking at nubs. Again. LOL.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Super super cute Shell!!! LOVE the announcement!!!

Cinss
November 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM
omg Shell that is an awesome announcement! i wish i had done something like that now, and Caleb is such a super cutie pie!!!

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Oh my gosh Shell! That is probably the cutest announcement I have seen!! Love it :)

Suregena, you're definitely not alone! I still obsess over nubs, I swore mine was a girl until the tech said boy. Not to mention still obsessing over my 'gender scan' thinking that none of the potty shot angles were right and still holding out that I'll hear girl next week haha. Ridiculous, I know.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I am the same way Mrshonyez, holding out hope to hear girl next monday. It's weird because even though I was told boy at 16 weeks, I still FEEL like I am carrying a girl.

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Thanks, y'all! Last time we just put up the 12 week scan and waited to see who would notice. Lol. This time, since its our absolute last, we really gave it some thought. I wanted to do it almost 2 weeks ago, but I felt like I had to get all my holiday client work done first. I didn't want someone to see it and say "well she had time to do a picture and announcement for herself, but I'm still waiting on Christmas card proofs." Lol.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 20th, 2012, 06:15 PM
You do Christmas cards Shell?? Do tell...

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I found my flash drive that had all my ultrasound photos, and there were more potty shots, but they all look off to me. Maybe that's just me being silly but I'm not 100% convinced. I'm sure it's probably a boy, and (especially now that DH said we an have another) I'm totally fine with another boy, part I me just can't let it go until I see it again. Maybe we'll both be reporting back that they were wrong lol!! Seems unlikely, but I can still hope! My scan isn't until next Friday. I'll be 22w3d so I'm sure it will be accurate by then rather than my 14w6d one.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 06:18 PM
How awesome would it be for some of us to have gotten wrong guesses!?? We need to fix the stats somehow for the thread! I just keep reading how anything 16 weeks and earlier is never a 100% guess because babies all form differently, so I am holding onto that like crazy!

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Y'all are not ridiculous. I know I will be the same way, no matter what they say at my 16 week. I'm almost afraid to find out because I know that hearing boy will crush me.

3m, I've owned a portrait studio for forever. Well, over a decade. Lol. This used to be an awful time of year for my family because I was never home and when I was, I was on the computer and in a bad mood. And I didn't want to decorate for the holidays because I had been doing "holiday" since October. Now I just take 3-4 sessions a month and am much nicer to be around. Lol.

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 06:24 PM
That would be awesome! Honestly though, I think I would feel very strange about it. Of course I would be thrilled to be getting a daughter, but I've already bonded with baby as a 'he'. It would take a little bit to adjust, but would be cool lol! And this will be the first time DH gets to actually see him, so wouldn't that be a neat surprise!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
I have my anatomy scan next Wednesday.

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
How exciting for more scans coming up!!

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Shell, how cool! I would love to have a business of my own.

Mrs--I know what you mean by it would be weird. I have been bonding too even though I still feel like he is a girl, haha. I call him by his name so it would be hard to make the switch but worth it! I have also been wondering if I don't really have two in there because my two ultrasounds were done on opposite sides of my abdomen and the heart rates were so drastrically different. Maybe the girl I feel is another baby! yikes!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 20th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Shell, you homeschool and own your own photography business. How the heck do you do all that? Amazing!!

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I have my anatomy scan next Wednesday.

Yay! I have a gender scan on December 8 at 9 am.

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Shell, you homeschool and own your own photography business. How the heck do you do all that? Amazing!!

I do it by not working much anymore lol. Back in the days when I was a single mom and was renting studio space, I worked a ridiculous number of hours a week to keep up with home and business expenses, so the kids went to school and then had a babysitter in the evenings and all weekend. I miss the income but I don't miss the frustration of knowing that I spent more time with other families than I did with my own.

Brandles
November 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM

This is so adorable!!!!!

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Rosie- wow!! That would be a very awesome surprise! How would you feel about twins? This little guy still doesn't have a name yet, so that would be pretty easy to overcome for us lol. We just can't agree!

I think it would be cool to have my own business too! I do one of the direct sales kind of things right now, but probably won't stick with it. I would love to have an in home/portable ultrasound business once I get my license! I think it would be great since we will be staying in the military for the next 12 years. Here, the closest elective place is about 45 min away, so it would probably work out well in this area! Just a dream of mine :)

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Rosie- wow!! That would be a very awesome surprise! How would you feel about twins? This little guy still doesn't have a name yet, so that would be pretty easy to overcome for us lol. We just can't agree!

I think it would be cool to have my own business too! I do one of the direct sales kind of things right now, but probably won't stick with it. I would love to have an in home/portable ultrasound business once I get my license! I think it would be great since we will be staying in the military for the next 12 years. Here, the closest elective place is about 45 min away, so it would probably work out well in this area! Just a dream of mine :)

I wish we had someone here who offered that!

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
My 14 week scan was done by a lady who owns one, and I had never heard of it before! I think it would be so much fun!!

suregena
November 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Y'all are not ridiculous. I know I will be the same way, no matter what they say at my 16 week. I'm almost afraid to find out because I know that hearing boy will crush me.

3m, I've owned a portrait studio for forever. Well, over a decade. Lol. This used to be an awful time of year for my family because I was never home and when I was, I was on the computer and in a bad mood. And I didn't want to decorate for the holidays because I had been doing "holiday" since October. Now I just take 3-4 sessions a month and am much nicer to be around. Lol.

Oh man... amazing. Photography is one of my pure joys, but I was hopelessly stuck in the past with my 1980 35mm. I got a Canon 600D (since I live so far away from family, etc) and I have now had it for over a year. I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO WORK IT! So many options. Depresses me. I want to be fully enjoying it but I get stumped on how to change/alter settings. :/ Are you familiar with DSLR's? Care to give me some pointers? I don't like to shoot automatic but there is just so much I've tried to wrap my head around, and with a toddler I've not yet managed to. I keep telling myself I'm going to take a weekend course just to help me get to grips with my machiiiiine but haven't had the money/time yet. Sigh.

spinningmadly
November 20th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Shell- that announcement is adorable !!

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I actually would be in heaven if there was another baby in there because then my fate would be decided and I could be done. We are only having four and I am losing sleep trying to figure out what to do for number 4. It would be icing on the cake if it was twins and one was a girl! haha I highly highly doubt it though and I highly doubt they got the gender wrong either. I am sure of one thing though, if this is boy 3 this is my Teddy :-) My grandpas name is Theodore and he has alzheimers and it's starting to get bad, this is one last gift I can give him before he doesn't even know who I am anymore :SS: So maybe in the end this boy was meant to be for my grandpa, I like to look at it that way anyhow.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 08:23 PM
We are also giving him the middle name Raymond which is Dh's grandpas name that just passed a few weeks ago

Shellbelle
November 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Oh, Rosie, that is so sweet!

Suregena, I'd be happy to help. I'm a Nikon girl, though, so I can give you general digital tips and then guide you to some Canon resources. There IS a learning curve with digital, but if you're coming from film you already have some of the basics down.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I have a nikon d3200 and I suck with it...never got to learn and only use auto! so embarressing !!!