PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Aw Rosie, that's too sweet! I think that's a perfect name :). I'll cross my fingers they find 2 in there ;) I have no idea what route I'll go for #4 either... We may adopt or I'll talk to DH about possibly doing sperm sort. I couldn't do pgd even if we could afford it I don't think. We can't agree on a name though for this one. Both my boys' initials are CTJ. We have a few C names picked out, but haven't settled on one yet. And their middle names are family names, AND they have the same amount of letter in each name. I just don't know if I can change this one lol. At least the first names we have on our list have the same amount of letters as theirs! Another option though, since we're having a 4th eventually now, is to match this one and that one... Hmm. It's so hard picking something!

Cinss
November 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Aw Rosie, that's too sweet! I think that's a perfect name :). I'll cross my fingers they find 2 in there ;) I have no idea what route I'll go for #4 either... We may adopt or I'll talk to DH about possibly doing sperm sort. I couldn't do pgd even if we could afford it I don't think. We can't agree on a name though for this one. Both my boys' initials are CTJ. We have a few C names picked out, but haven't settled on one yet. And their middle names are family names, AND they have the same amount of letter in each name. I just don't know if I can change this one lol. At least the first names we have on our list have the same amount of letters as theirs! Another option though, since we're having a 4th eventually now, is to match this one and that one... Hmm. It's so hard picking something!

Thats pretty special having the same initials for all 3 :) With ours my parents first initials are A and C, they gave my brother an A name and me a C name, i was lucky to find a partner with an A name too, so we called our DD an A name and now this bubba will get the C name :) I have a tattoo which is an A + C all ontop of eachother so it basically incoporates my parents, brother, partner, me and our kids.

Rosie85
November 20th, 2012, 09:23 PM
We were looking at adoption as well but we really can't afford it...foster adoption would be an option but they are all older and come with baggage so I just don't know anymore. I was looking into microsorting and then was told bad things about it and we really can't afford the HT route so it may look like another sway for me even though I am 85% sure it would be another boy. Kind of dumb since my fertility is declining. In my family we go through menopause early. My mom and her sisters were all in it by 35-38 yrs old. Doc said it comes earlier for the next generation and I am already showing signs. I really really thought that would sway pink for me but then again my heritage gives me my awful temper which sways blue. haha

mrshonyez
November 20th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thats pretty special having the same initials for all 3 :) With ours my parents first initials are A and C, they gave my brother an A name and me a C name, i was lucky to find a partner with an A name too, so we called our DD an A name and now this bubba will get the C name :) I have a tattoo which is an A + C all ontop of eachother so it basically incoporates my parents, brother, partner, me and our kids.

Wow, that is too cool! I love how all that worked out! I wish we had another T family name to use for the middle name... I don't know what we're gonna use now lol.

Lassie1982
November 21st, 2012, 12:09 AM
OMG shell!!! Cutest announcement ever!! Love it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 01:36 AM
Lovely announcement shell, wish I'd have done something like that!

Suregena, here's my scan pics 6516

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 01:40 AM

AND THE NUB SHOT! sorry pics so big xx

mummypink
November 21st, 2012, 02:20 AM
I run my own photo editing business where I also offer fantasy/ fairy photo edits, lots of fun to do! I'd love to be good enough at photography to do it professionally. I also work as a Design Manager for a small business where I provide design work for her clients - usually logo design, fb banners, more recently I've done a few websites etc. I have also recently started a Ltd business with a friend over here selling teething jewellery! So got my hand in a few pies so to speak lol!!

I have a Panasonic DMC FZ150 which is a good in-between camera, lightweight to take around with a good number of features that aren't too complicated to get your head around.

Cinss
November 21st, 2012, 02:50 AM
Wow, that is too cool! I love how all that worked out! I wish we had another T family name to use for the middle name... I don't know what we're gonna use now lol.

maybe you could look up your family tree, there might be something in there.

Grace
November 21st, 2012, 04:04 AM
Thanks ladies for thinking about me and my son. I'm so exhausted from this running around to doctors with him. And now I have to fight with him every morning to take his medications. He is such a good boy usually, but now I guess this illness is taking its toll on him. Hope he'll return to his usual self once he starts to feel better. The bright side is I don't have time to think about this pregnancy, let alone obsess over it, KWIM? Nevertheless, yesterday I heard that one of our neighbors is pregnant with Tweens. She already has two boys, and now it turns out she's having a boy and a girl! I feel ashamed to admit it but it really made me angry to find out she's having a girl. How come she gets a girl and I don't? I know it's not reasonable, especially since she also has boys just like me, but I can't help it. You are the only ones I can share these feelings with, I know you won't judge me. I really am ok with this baby being a boy, but I will probably always miss the girl I never had..

Wishing4Pink
November 21st, 2012, 04:48 AM
Shell, your announcement is so cute, what a fab idea!

Suregena, you are certainly not alone with nubsessing. It's all i've done since having my scan, infact i've been looking this morning too!!!!

I hope your ds gets better soon Grace.

I too have had a camera brought for me a few years back and can only just use it. Really want to get an easier one to use before baby arrives x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 21st, 2012, 06:51 AM
Thanks ladies for thinking about me and my son. I'm so exhausted from this running around to doctors with him. And now I have to fight with him every morning to take his medications. He is such a good boy usually, but now I guess this illness is taking its toll on him. Hope he'll return to his usual self once he starts to feel better. The bright side is I don't have time to think about this pregnancy, let alone obsess over it, KWIM? Nevertheless, yesterday I heard that one of our neighbors is pregnant with Tweens. She already has two boys, and now it turns out she's having a boy and a girl! I feel ashamed to admit it but it really made me angry to find out she's having a girl. How come she gets a girl and I don't? I know it's not reasonable, especially since she also has boys just like me, but I can't help it. You are the only ones I can share these feelings with, I know you won't judge me. I really am ok with this baby being a boy, but I will probably always miss the girl I never had..

Grace, my good friend is having a dd in Feb. She has 1 girl and 2 boys already. My gd is under control right now, but I know it will flare up when she delivers her daughter. Even though I do have 1 dd, I feel cheated in a way that after 5 pregnancies I only have 1 girl. You will never be judged. I think honesty is an amazing quality. Your feelings are real and that makes you human. I hope your little guy feels better soon.

spinningmadly
November 21st, 2012, 08:13 AM
Dh jus told me yesterday our next door neighbor is having a dd , she already has one dd, I was kind of irritated. Although she smokes and I thought that swayed pink so I was assuming she would.!

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 08:23 AM

Mine still looks like it's pointing up more (maybe I'm being crazy!) but that does give me a little hope!

spinningmadly
November 21st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Lol Surgena you need to chill out

Butterfly Spirit
November 21st, 2012, 08:40 AM

Such a classic girly nub! I can't wait for your next scan! ;)

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 09:09 AM
Mine still looks like it's pointing up more (maybe I'm being crazy!) but that does give me a little hope!

Well I still think you hav a lil willow in there misses, but the scull on yours really looks like mine...at my 12 wk scan I actually thought how different baby looked from my boys at that stage I said to dh babys head/face looked girly (thought it was wishful thinking at the time ha)

Brandles
November 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
All this camera talk makes me really want one!! A few of my good friends are all photographers and I always thought it would be fun!! My sister has the new Cannon and I'm so jelly... I will never be able to afford that camera, but I'd like to invest in one that would be more affordable and worth it. She also has a Nikon D90 that she's selling. She hated it and keeps trying to get me to buy it.

I have to say, I absolutely love this forum... Especially this thread! You ladies are awesome and I'm so glad I came back with this pregnancy!!

Grace, I'm a little behind in my reading... But wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you and your son. I hope he gets well soon. Sorry if you mentioned his illness earlier, I couldn't find it. What is his illness if you don't mind me asking?

Surgena, I'm still nubsessing over here too. I can't stop. I feel like going to another ultrasound place so I can hear girl again!!! Lol! I feel like I'm going crazy!!

I just had to share my announcement too... Didn't know what to do and since our backyard is under construction we thought this would be perfect!!! It threw some people off!! (This was taken with my phone camera... See... Wish I had a "real" camera!!!! Lol)

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 10:01 AM
I've been sorting out all my newborn boys clothes and just remembering how much I loved buying them all....my boys had some gorgeous clothes, I can't beleive they were ever that tiny :(
This is just Noahs newborn clothes, I have 9 bin bags of them upstairs ranging from 0-3m - 2-3 yrs Omg I'm gonna be busy sorting through them! After my scan on sat I will sell them all....gulp!
Miss my babies being so small x

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Love it brandles xx

Shellbelle
November 21st, 2012, 10:08 AM
Brandles, that is adorable!

Shellbelle
November 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Hbp, I found some of ds2s newborn clothes (we don't have much left) and they made me cry. Soooooo tiny! I love precious baby clothes.

Brandles
November 21st, 2012, 10:14 AM
Thanks!! :)

Hbp~ I still have ALL my 3 year olds clothes. Makes me teary eyed when I go thru them. I have already been getting calls from a friend asking for all his 2t hand me downs... I just can't part with them. Maybe once I hear the official girl news I will be able to let them go.

homebirthing princess
November 21st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Having a day looking bk at old pics and stuff....
Hope u don't mind if I share???

My two special boys ds1 was 2.5yrs ds2 1day old :)6534

And my 3 amazing men together...6535

Brandles
November 21st, 2012, 10:24 AM
Hbp, those pictures are so precious!!! :HH:

Wishing4Pink
November 21st, 2012, 11:29 AM
Love the announcement Brandles.

Such cute pics Hbp

x

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Lol Surgena you need to chill out

Noted.

Grace
November 21st, 2012, 11:58 AM
Hi Brandles, thanks for caring. My son was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome which is affecting his kidney function. We started steroid treatment yesterday and he seems to be doing better already. Hopefully he will get over it in a few weeks without permanent damage to his health.Oh and we have to keep him on a low sodium diet, which my crazy MIL doesn't seem to understand - she promised to buy him pizza tomorrow, after I specifically explained to her that store bought pizza is loaded with sodium. Aargghhh MIL!! Need I say more?

Butterfly Spirit
November 21st, 2012, 12:00 PM
HBP what *Precious* Pics! :awe: them!!!! :)

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 12:03 PM
Well I still think you hav a lil willow in there misses, but the scull on yours really looks like mine...at my 12 wk scan I actually thought how different baby looked from my boys at that stage I said to dh babys head/face looked girly (thought it was wishful thinking at the time ha)

I never got a 12 week scan with my son so have nothing to compare it to. Fingers crossed, though, eh?

Brandles
November 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM
Hi Brandles, thanks for caring. My son was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome which is affecting his kidney function. We started steroid treatment yesterday and he seems to be doing better already. Hopefully he will get over it in a few weeks without permanent damage to his health.Oh and we have to keep him on a low sodium diet, which my crazy MIL doesn't seem to understand - she promised to buy him pizza tomorrow, after I specifically explained to her that store bought pizza is loaded with sodium. Aargghhh MIL!! Need I say more?

Oh no :( Lots of prayers coming your way! Totally agree on the MIL comment!!

Shellbelle
November 21st, 2012, 12:37 PM
Oh no, Grace! Poor baby! Y'all are in my prayers.

Lassie1982
November 21st, 2012, 01:18 PM
Thinking if you and your family grace xo

Cinss
November 21st, 2012, 03:38 PM
Thats so cool Brandles! Man i wish i was creative.

HB such sweet pics!

I agree suregena chill out, i truly believe that you have a girl cooking :)

Grace, so sorry you have to go through that with your boy :( I hope your MIL listens to you and doesn't give him pizza.

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 03:59 PM
Okay...

mummypink
November 21st, 2012, 04:36 PM
I have so many boxes of clothes it isn't funny! I've got everything from both the boys, one was a summer baby and one was a winter baby. Plus a friend gives me things from her boys so I have clothes up to age about 7 at the moment! It is great but a nightmare when it comes to storing them. I was looking forward to having a major clear out if this was a girl but at least I can start getting rid of stuff once this one has grown out of stuff now.
We do need some new things for him too as some of the clothes are past it now. I've been feeling ok today, been super busy with the boys doing some Christmas shopping which helped a lot. Had a few moments of envy seeing mums with a girl and a boy. I seem to have seen loads with two boys and then a little girl. Seems so unfair. :( DS2 said to me at lunchtime 'mummy where is the baby girl?' so I said 'what baby girl?' and he said 'the one in your tummy!' so I had to explain again that even though he had thought it was a girl the scan had shown it was a boy.
Then we went into a clothes shop and I let them pick something each for the baby - so he has a white fluffy bear thin snowsuit type thing and a little teddy bear plus some dinosaur booties lol!!

Had some lovely reactions from people when we've said we're having another boy which has also made me feel better, and had the expected 'you going to be trying for number 4 then', and a friend of mine who is due a little girl any day said 'isn't it lucky you're not a girly girl!'. I mean wtf?! I consider myself to be pretty girly, more so than her actually! I thought it was such a weird comment to make especially as I had confided in her that although I was super happy we were having a healthy baby boy I was a bit sad at the thought I'd never have a daughter.

Grace - hope your little man is lots better soon. xx

Turning the page
November 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM
Suregena, did you get your lab values back from your appt yet? Sometimes your free hcg and PAPP-A levels can give you a clue to gender...check out this thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/pregnancy-talk/10080-free-hcg-papp-levels-babys-gender.html. Interesting stuff!! :)

jark22
November 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
It's ok suregena- I don't think you need to chill out. It's hard not to get all caught up in the anticipation. Plus there are so many nubs that look one way but end up the other way. You're not alone- I'm freaking out too. 10 more days till I know. Ahhhh!

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 06:08 PM
Suregena, did you get your lab values back from your appt yet? Sometimes your free hcg and PAPP-A levels can give you a clue to gender...check out this thread: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/pregnancy-talk/10080-free-hcg-papp-levels-babys-gender.html. Interesting stuff!! :)

They won't give me the values, I don't think. I just got a letter today saying it was a 1 in 17,000 chance for Downs Syndrome but don't believe they will give me the actual figures. I was reading that thread earlier, though...

suregena
November 21st, 2012, 06:10 PM
It's ok suregena- I don't think you need to chill out. It's hard not to get all caught up in the anticipation. Plus there are so many nubs that look one way but end up the other way. You're not alone- I'm freaking out too. 10 more days till I know. Ahhhh!

I'm starting to feel majorly annoying to everyone around here... think I need to back off and not say anything more until my gender scan.

Myloves
November 21st, 2012, 06:15 PM
You are not Surgena! I totally understand. I went crazy excited when I got dd's scans. I kept analyzing it in everyway possible - I just couldn't believe she was really a girl. :o I had doubts right up until her due date! Even at birth, the first thing I asked was 'is she still a girl? are you sure she doesn't have a penis?' :P

Bimby
November 21st, 2012, 06:55 PM
Totally understanding the nubsessing.. OMG I have gone NUTS!!!! I look every day at nubs.. Im so obsessed. Ive looked at the boy nubs on Ingender thinking that'll be me with my girly nub turning boy Ugh!!!!! At the end of the day I will be so totally blessed as long as baby is born alive and well but the fact the sonographer has given me hope of a princess has made the obsessing stupid, I kind of wish I didnt know..

Grace, I hope your LO is on the mend and your MIL respects your wishes. I mean if she had any thoughts of her grandsons health & wellbeing she would totally stay away from the pizza..

HBP your pics are adorable - And when you mentioned you worry about your LO being taken away from you, Im exactly the same, I am so concerned Im going to lose this baby, bubba wasn't planned as such & Id just had a massive fibroid removed from my uterus 3 months before so Im super paranoid about rupture.. Even more so now that I may have a little girl too, I just feel too lucky for it to actually happen and end well. I really wish I didnt feel this way, it hurts :(

Turning I have asked my Ob's office to send me the results so hopefully I get them today some time.. Im so interested to see what they are .

I had my Ob appt a few days ago but she couldnt get a good enough shot to determine gender so now I have to wait until my anatomy scan on 2nd Jan.. An eternity away!!!! Having an anterior placenta doesnt help the worry either as I probably wont feel much before then.. Thank goodness for dopplers (although I worry about them too lol) Can you tell Im a worrier lol

Cinss
November 21st, 2012, 07:12 PM
I'm starting to feel majorly annoying to everyone around here... think I need to back off and not say anything more until my gender scan.

Im sorry i didnt mean chill out like you were annoying, i just ment you really have such a great chance that this is your girl, i know its hard to believe but 100% guesses on your pics couldn't be wrong. :) xx

jark22
November 21st, 2012, 07:16 PM

You are NOT annoying!!! Everyone here understands the desperation for a particular gender and all the doubting that can occur after getting a nub shot. Nub guesses are obviously not 100% and even though everyone thinks you are having a girl based on the nub- I'm sure you will continue to question and obsess until you know for sure. I don't even have a nub shot but I obsess DAILY! I promise- you are not annoying. Your feelings are completely understandable!

jark22
November 21st, 2012, 07:29 PM
WHAT is going on with all of the boys????? I just signed into Facebook and 3 friends announced the gender of their babies because they all had ultrasounds today. One is due April 12- she is having a boy (already has one boy and one girl). Another is due May 5th and announced she will have a 3rd boy. The last is due with twins on May 21st. She was told they were most likely boy/girl twins at her NT scan- but nope! She found out today they are both boys!!! This is craziness!

Brandles
November 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM
I had to share this with you all... Pretty hilarious and so true!!!

THE PARENT RAP - Funny parenting song from Bluefish TV - YouTube (http://youtu.be/N_NspDWssIY)

spinningmadly
November 21st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Surgena I didn't mean you were being annoying, I just think it looks very girly right now. But I did the same thing and no matter how many times I looked it was the same pic and no new clues. But feel free to nub sees!
the more and more I look at nub pics the more and more I can see any one going either way. I've seen total boy ones be girls. Anyway , I think it's just stressing you out and I'm not 100% sold on the theory anymore...

spinningmadly
November 21st, 2012, 08:04 PM
And sorry you took it that way!!

Lassie1982
November 21st, 2012, 11:01 PM

I had never heard of this!
Yay, another thing to obsess over :)
I think mine were listed, will check at home.

Wish I had never nub obsessed, there again if I hadn't I'd still be hoping for a girl, which based on my guesses I have bugger all chance off. So in a way I guess it's good, I'm going into my gender scan with virtually no hope of hearing girl.

Lassie1982
November 22nd, 2012, 12:34 AM
So I've had a look at my results.
Free hcg is 0.56
PAPPA-A is 1.77

Cinss
November 22nd, 2012, 12:44 AM
So I've had a look at my results.
Free hcg is 0.56
PAPPA-A is 1.77

I dont have my head completly around this theory, i added my numbers on the thread, hope to see what Zivic makes of it.

homebirthing princess
November 22nd, 2012, 12:44 AM

Don't be silly hun, this is what we all come here for to share are worries and freak out together! Xxx

Lassie1982
November 22nd, 2012, 01:28 AM
I dont have my head completly around this theory, i added my numbers on the thread, hope to see what Zivic makes of it.

So frustrated, we have no Internet so all I have is the phone so I can't even try and get my head around it properly.

I've posted my stats in there too, hopefully zivic can tell me what she thinks.
Really haven't got a clue myself but am finding it very interesting.

spinningmadly
November 22nd, 2012, 06:02 AM
I can't understand the theory either. I have no idea what numbers mean what still after reading it a couple times.
Currently up at 5 bc ds2 woke up with croup!! Fun thanksgiving and his birthday ugh .

mummypink
November 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
Suregena I would be totally the same so don't feel like you're annoying anyone! It is so hard not to obsess over the scans, I still obsess over mine even though it is VERY clearly a boy!! x

Cinss
November 22nd, 2012, 06:12 AM
As far as i can tell numbers over 1 = girl and numbers under 1 = boy

jark22
November 22nd, 2012, 07:23 AM
As far as i can tell numbers over 1 = girl and numbers under 1 = boy

And if you have one of each it is 50/50....it could go either way

spinningmadly
November 22nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
So lassie has one of each?

jark22
November 22nd, 2012, 08:12 AM
No it means there are no clues. It could go either way

spinningmadly
November 22nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Lol I didn't mean twins. I mean one higher and one lower?

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
From what I understood, the hcg is higher for girls (over 1) and the rest of the number should be lower (under 1). For boys, hcg was lower but the other numbers were higher.

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 08:34 AM
Look at Zivic's numbers -- they were "classic" girl numbers, and she wanted a boy, right?

jark22
November 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
Lol I didn't mean twins. I mean one higher and one lower?

Whoops LOL! Yes I think her HCG was low and the PAPPA was high

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
My free beta hcg is 1.18 MoM and my nt was .97 MoM, which would be in line with a girl, according to the study. Similar to Zivac, but mine are closer to the midpoint. I sure hope that study is right lol. I guess we'll see.

mummypink
November 22nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
I saw the midwife today, my bump is measuring spot on and we got the heartbeat straight away nice and strong. I haven't weighed myself for ages but feel like I have put quite a bit on so I was really surprised when I stood on the scales to see I have only gained 1lb so far this pregnancy!!! I had gained a little more initially but must have lost it due to morning sickness. She said as my measurements were good and the ultrasound clearly showed the baby was doing well (and actually big for my original dates) that it wasn't anything to be worried about. I'm just so surprised though!

How is everyone else doing? Is anyone still suffering with morning sickness? xx

Brandles
November 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
That's great news! I love good appts!!

Lots of all day ms here, still not actualy throwing up tho! I only actually got sick one time during the 12th week. I'm a couple days shy of 14 weeks and I still can't eat or smell meat, makes me so nauseous. I'm not going to be a happy eater this Thanksgiving!

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Mummypink, I'm glad you had a good appt!

I thought my ms was gone, but yesterday it came back with a vengeance. I'm feeling really awful today, but thankfully I don't have to do the cooking. I'm still spotting so I'm trying to stay on the sofa.

Lassie1982
November 22nd, 2012, 03:34 PM
So lassie has one of each?

LOL can you imagine the shock factor of that at my gender scan. Twins! Would explain why I'm so huge LOL.. I'm definite there is just the one, surely it would not be possible to miss that on 2 scans

Lassie1982
November 22nd, 2012, 03:36 PM
From what I understood, the hcg is higher for girls (over 1) and the rest of the number should be lower (under 1). For boys, hcg was lower but the other numbers were higher.

Hmmmm so based on that I'd be girl, rather then 50/50?
Oh I hate not having proper Internet! They still haven't fixed our connection.

NeedPink
November 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hello Everyone, haven't been on here for a while, mainly because I found it made me obsess about all of this a thousand times more and it just was not good for me...

Just wanted to let you know that I am also expecting a little boy (again), which would make this nr 3 for us. Have to admit, I am really down about it right now, even tough I know we will love him just the same. I keep hoping they made a mistake (I know they didnt), even if it just helps me to get through this until I eventually can accept the fact. I don't even want to tell anybody that we know the gender now... Don't want any comments, or even talk about the pregnancy... how sad is that? And then I feel quilty for feeling that way. Anyhows, I found that I've been checking on here more since I found out that this is a boy again, but I know it's not good for me (and therefor everyone around me...), so I might "disappear" again!

Good luck to everyone, hope all of you oppsites can enjoy your pregnancies!

By the way, my due date moved to april 9th.

3girlsinarow
November 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Hi Ladies....just checking in to say Happy Thanksgiving! I can't believe my ultrasound is a week from today. I keep thinking...a week from right now I'll know. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...it's driving me nuts! I keep dreaming crazy dreams and I always wake up trying to think of another girl name, so even though I can't always remember the dreams I know I am dreaming that I found out it was another girl. Oh, this waiting seems longer the closer the date gets....which makes no sense. On another note, I have had three reminders in the past week to be thankful for this baby boy or girl. A family right down the road from us had their baby die of SIDS at 6 weeks old. Another distant family member went into premature labor at 23 weeks, was put in the hospital to try to keep her from having baby, but baby died. Then another girl I know went into labor the other day and ended up having her baby at 24 weeks (I haven't heard yet if the baby is still even alive....baby was so tiny). I just can't imagine the heartache of these families and it makes me so thankful that my pregnancy has gone well. I am still worrying like crazy though bc I still have not felt definite movements....although I know that's okay at this point. Well, hope you ladies all have a great evening!

jark22
November 22nd, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hmmmm so based on that I'd be girl, rather then 50/50?
Oh I hate not having proper Internet! They still haven't fixed our connection.

You said your hcg was lower right? I think that would mean boy.... Higher hcg means girl. I think thats the way I understood it. I wish I knew my numbers :(

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 07:04 PM
You said your hcg was lower right? I think that would mean boy.... Higher hcg means girl. I think thats the way I understood it. I wish I knew my numbers :(

That's the way I understood it, too. Hcg over 1 MoM was more likely found in girls. Under 1 was more likely with boys.

TT_3814
November 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
3girls~ Liking your post because we have the same scan date. I'm so sorry for those poor families, losing a child is beyond painful. I hope the 24 weeker will be okay. Good luck during your scan next week!

Happy Thanksgiving to the US moms!!!

Hope all of you ladies are doing well..

spinningmadly
November 22nd, 2012, 09:35 PM
It's free hcg? And at what point in the pregnancy? I'm still confused lol

Shellbelle
November 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
It's what they draw when they do your nt scan. From what I understand, the MoM is where you are in reference to the average for the day (so, like, 12+1 has an expected level of free beta hcg, nuchal translucency, etc). There are actually four measurements as part of the test, but my doc only gave me two. They will run my bloodwork again at 16 weeks I think as the second part of the test.

Around here, they usually don't give you your results. I had to call and bug the nurse just to get those.

Lassie1982
November 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
That's the way I understood it, too. Hcg over 1 MoM was more likely found in girls. Under 1 was more likely with boys.

Ahh yes, I did have it the wrong way round...... Another tick in the boy box!

homebirthing princess
November 23rd, 2012, 01:33 AM
Hello Everyone, haven't been on here for a while, mainly because I found it made me obsess about all of this a thousand times more and it just was not good for me...

Just wanted to let you know that I am also expecting a little boy (again), which would make this nr 3 for us. Have to admit, I am really down about it right now, even tough I know we will love him just the same. I keep hoping they made a mistake (I know they didnt), even if it just helps me to get through this until I eventually can accept the fact. I don't even want to tell anybody that we know the gender now... Don't want any comments, or even talk about the pregnancy... how sad is that? And then I feel quilty for feeling that way. Anyhows, I found that I've been checking on here more since I found out that this is a boy again, but I know it's not good for me (and therefor everyone around me...), so I might "disappear" again!

Good luck to everyone, hope all of you oppsites can enjoy your pregnancies!

By the way, my due date moved to april 9th.

I'm really sorry you didn't hear girl :( I really hope that in time you will start to enjoy the rest of your pregnancy...when he is here you will be so in love with him hun! Big hugs xxx

Seriously crazy how many of you ladies are having boys! Xxx

homebirthing princess
November 23rd, 2012, 01:39 AM
So tomorrow I will be 26wks preg :) :) wow this wk has flown by! Oh and I also get to see my princess (fx gulp lol) tomorrow morning in 3d I can't wait to see her face :) I wonder if she will look like the boys? Eek excited much! Will post pics and hopefully a confimation shot in the afternoon xxx
Slightly nervous.........

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
HB how exciting!!! She will be so gorgeous, cant wait to see yippee :)

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 04:15 AM
So sorry need pink sending you hugs and love.

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 04:16 AM
HB how exciting!!! Make sure you share some pics. 3d is amazing!
Enjoy :)

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM
What's up with the stats in this group??
Looking at he first post that gets updated there are only 4 successes out of 17 (known genders)
That's a success rate of only 23%?
Shouldn't the split of male/female be roughly 50/50? Or within the region at least ?!?
At the moment it's like 80/20
Bizarre....... Or am I the only one that thinks that?

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 04:59 AM
I know Lassie its almost unbelievable! I think the only explination is that there are so many in the group swaying girl. The girl swayers must have a higher chance of getting boys even with swaying, because really we dont know exactly how much swaying actually changes the odds for any one couple. So if this group was just random people off the street the babies conceived would be closer to that 51/49 ratio, but because this group is made up of lots of women who want a particular gender but odds are against we are seeing the results as they are. Just my thoughts about it.

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:05 AM
And im not saying that its just the girl swayers which have the odds against them, boy swayers do too, its just that the number of girl swayers in this group out number the boy swayers a lot, if there were more boy swayers in here the odds might be a little closer to 50/50. From the 2 that swayed boy and know gender so far it is 50/50. Where as out of the other 15 only 4 got girls.

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 05:31 AM
I see your point Cinns..... It's certainly a tricky one.

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 05:44 AM
Tried to see how the other groups have fared.

-In the December thread 7 out of 9 were successful.

- there are 15 genders confirmed in the sep/oct/nov thread but I can't see what they are because the icons don't come up on the phone :(

They are the only 2 tally's I could find

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM
I think 9 out of 16 were successful in the sep/oct/nov thread

6 girl sways and 3 boy sways (i included Flava, she isnt confirmed on the list but did have a boy)

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 06:19 AM
I think 9 out of 16 were successful in the sep/oct/nov thread

6 girl sways and 3 boy sways (i included Flava, she isnt confirmed on the list but did have a boy)

Thanks for looking :)

They are much better outcomes (as are the dec results)
Those are the sort of number I would have ordinarily expected.

Well, our group is either going to have a huge rush of successful sways to even out the stats, or we will forever remain as a statistical anomaly.

Bimby
November 23rd, 2012, 08:27 AM
I have a lot of friends due in April and they are all having boys too (none have swayed it's just how its worked I guess). Something must have been in the air last July that swung blue.. Hopefully the May babies have some luck ... Have we had any gender confirmed May babies yet?

Shellbelle
November 23rd, 2012, 09:02 AM
So tomorrow I will be 26wks preg :) :) wow this wk has flown by! Oh and I also get to see my princess (fx gulp lol) tomorrow morning in 3d I can't wait to see her face :) I wonder if she will look like the boys? Eek excited much! Will post pics and hopefully a confimation shot in the afternoon xxx
Slightly nervous.........

Can't wait to see your pics!!!

mummypink
November 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Good luck for tomorrow HB, try not to worry I'm sure you will see your little girl on there and I can't wait to see the pics. :)

It is totally crazy how the stats are working out on this group. Even if everyone else due in April has a girl now the stats are still very high towards boy. From what I understand the chance is always pretty much 50:50 whether you have a girl or a boy, ever so slightly higher boy. When you have two boys there is a slightly greater chance you will have a girl next as mixed families are more common than single gender families. Atomic may correct me on that but from the research I did that is what I found. So when swaying to try and undo any of the normal boy sways us boy mummies have in our usual routine I would still have thought that there would have been more girls that there are.

I have to say my whole belief in the impact in swaying has been massively shaken by this, I'm not convinced it has any major impact at all. I'm not just talking about my experience as I know I wasn't on the LE diet for very long but I know others did and they still have an opposite.
In fact pretty much everything would indicate I was having a girl this time from old wives tales etc - my earliest BFP by about 7 days, horrible morning sickness, spots and horrible hair, anterior placenta, baby usually on the left, totally different cravings from when I had the boys, loss in appetite... The Chinese gender predictor said girl, everything I did pointed towards girl and still I have another boy on the way?!

The stats truly are unbelievable for this group! I'd love to see what Atomic thinks of it all and if she can shed any light for those of you who are hoping for one more try in the future.

NeedPink - I totally understand how you are feeling, I'm managing to cope ok with my gd but it still hit me much harder than I thought it would. We've told people and generally the comments have been better than I thought but I've still had ones like - "lucky you're not a girly girl' (whatever that was supposed to mean as I think I am) and 'oh no another boy!'. People can be so insensitive!
I'm also clinging to any bit of hope I can that maybe they got it wrong, but I know in my heart of hearts that it was definitely a boy on the scan and it would have to be a miracle if the pictures were misleading in some way. I'm obsessing over wrong gender ultrasound pictures and even hoping maybe there is a twin hiding in there somewhere that is a girl. Totally crazy but we all have to deal with it in our own ways and of course we love our babies regardless, it doesn't mean the hurt of not having a much longed for son or daughter is any less.
I get another scan at 32 weeks so I'm hoping by then I will have accepted it is a boy, I know I couldn't go through another pregnancy again after this. The whole gd thing has totally spoiled it and to have another child wouldn't be fair when all I would really want was a daughter. xxxx

Sorry so many of you are still feeling sick and horrible, really hope it has passed soon so you can enjoy Christmas. My appetite has totally gone and I feel horribly uncomfortable if I have a normal size meal which probably explains why I haven't put much weight on.

jark22
November 23rd, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yeah everyone I know due in April and May- so far there are 4 boys and no girls. Still waiting results for myself and 4 others. Seems likes the boys are strong.

When I was pregnant with my DS2- I knew 7 others who were preggo and they all (except one) had girls.

spinningmadly
November 23rd, 2012, 09:33 AM
Other than on this thread I know two people due in april and they are both having girls.

jark22
November 23rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
I have to say my whole belief in the impact in swaying has been massively shaken by this, I'm not convinced it has any major impact at all.

I agree (recently) and I haven't even found out the gender of my own bean yet.

Brandles
November 23rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
I agree as well! With two solid failed girl sways I chose not to sway again. If I'm really carrying my girl I'm going to put money on it that the stress the swaying put on me caused me to have boys or the fact that my husband was out of town the 5 days before my ovulation day?!?!

My sister swayed boy with her first baby last year and got the first girl in the family. Go figure! :shrug: :)

Rosie85
November 23rd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Hey ladies! More boys huh? Geez I really do wonder if there is just something in the air. I am soooo tired today, i want to curl up with a warm fuzzy blanket and sleep all day.

I am getting nervous for my scan on monday, I just hope the baby is healthy!

jark22
November 23rd, 2012, 01:07 PM
I just spoke to a friend of mine (due in May) who just found out she's having her third boy. I was telling her about all the boys on here and she said that on another community board (not gender related) there is an overwhelming amount of girls. I guess they are the ones balancing out the population LOL!

Wishing4Pink
November 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous girl HBP, are you taking the boys with you? x

Needpink, im sorry you didn't get your girl. I just can't work out whats happening in this group. Makes me very nervous to find out next week :worry:

x

Shellbelle
November 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM
Spoke with a couple of friends of mine who are both due in April, and both are having boys - one after two girls and one after five!

homebirthing princess
November 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Aw wishing I've been wondering when your scan was, all I can say is wiv the overwhelming amount of little boys on this thread we are due some more girls so fx the odds are in your favour surely! You swayed hard so there is no reason why u shouldnt be carrying your dd :) plz keep us updated hun!

The boys are coming and so is my MIL who I'm very close too! Ds1 is very excited to see her, tho he said to his nan 'i hope she hasn't grown a winky' haha think he may hav over heard me saying that :) looking forward to seeing which way up she is as I'm getting movements all over the place so I really have no idea, also hopefully a weight guess! Will be nice to finally relax after this scan xx

Balanchine
November 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
Hi everyone, I have been lurking for ages. I did post a few times and I put my nub shot on the ultrasound forum.

Thought I better update. Had a private gender scan on the 13th and it is boy no3. My gut instinct was right and my nub guesses were overwhelmingly boy so I was well prepared. My sway was pretty weak though and I was relying on the fact that'd I been so chilled out this time!

Anyway, Needpink, I remember chatting to you previously on a TTC thread. Sorry you are disappointed.

Sorry to all who have not heard their much wanted colour.

I've pretty much made my peace with it. I know my boys will adore having a brother and although this is definitely our last I only felt that disappointment for a tiny second. I kind of luckily gave all my baby stuff away so I'm still getting to buy lots of cute tiny baby boy stuff :happy:

jark22
November 23rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
I really wish I had some type of gender clues for this one so I could be a little bit prepared for my scan next week. I really thought my picture had a nub - but I was 'schooled' otherwise LOL! Ever since my NT scan I have had an overwhelming feeling that this is a girl......but I've heard others on here say they had 'gut' feelings as well. So I don't know if I truly have a instinctual feeling or if it's just strongly hoping I have what I want. In 8 days I will know. I wish I was more patient. Sigh.....

Lochsong- so happy to hear you are so at peace with your new little man! Have fun shopping for him!!!

auroara78
November 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
Despite the fact that I have a bday in April, my second son was born in April, and for some reason now April = boy in my head. I know tons of women in RL who have also had April/May babies, and to be honest, if I sway again, I really think I'm going to try to avoid concieving in the months where a bday may be in April/May only because of the trends I've seen in RL. Of course I know that is all superstitious babble, but I can't help it...I am astounded by how many ppl I know in RL and on this website that are having boys in April/May!

I'm still sticking to the idea of trying to time the next and very last pregnancy around having a winter/early spring baby...i.e. Jan, Feb, or March (preferred month being Feb.) Even my husband said the other nite that he'd want a winter baby for our last one, and I hadn't told him yet of my plans, so it gave me goosebumps that we had the same idea, specifically Feb.

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:05 PM
I feel the same as you Jark, i have a gut feeling this one is a boy, and i had a gut feeling that my last was a girl. The next 8 days is going to drag, i have 10 more days to wait :)

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 05:10 PM
Despite the fact that I have a bday in April, my second son was born in April, and for some reason now April = boy in my head. I know tons of women in RL who have also had April/May babies, and to be honest, if I sway again, I really think I'm going to try to avoid concieving in the months where a bday may be in April/May only because of the trends I've seen in RL. Of course I know that is all superstitious babble, but I can't help it...I am astounded by how many ppl I know in RL and on this website that are having boys in April/May!

I'm still sticking to the idea of trying to time the next and very last pregnancy around having a winter/early spring baby...i.e. Jan, Feb, or March (preferred month being Feb.) Even my husband said the other nite that he'd want a winter baby for our last one, and I hadn't told him yet of my plans, so it gave me goosebumps that we had the same idea, specifically Feb.

I find this really interesting too, my SIL is due 1 week before me and she is expecting a boy, funnily enough i would have thought she would be a girl mum (its her first). And our 3 girls have birthdays in Jan x2 and March :)

auroara78
November 23rd, 2012, 05:17 PM
Well winter baby girls do tie into "seasons" part of swaying, where a baby girl would be more easily nourished and have greater surviviability when times are tougher vs a boy, who would need more food. I also just realized that six of my nephews all have bdays in April/May/June as well! Which would make sense from a point of view of the seasons swaying. Of course that's not fool proof either!

spinningmadly
November 23rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Lol I guess I'm not normal. Ds2 is end of nov and Ds1 is end of December , my nephew is also end of december. So all winter babies.

Bimby
November 23rd, 2012, 06:19 PM
I'm hoping being that I'm in Aus and it'll be coming into Winter here in May that I have a chance for a pinky!! We didnt sway (we had planned to think about it next year) so no part of my lifestyle had changed so if this is my girl then Im not 100% sold on swaying either. I know a friend who tried swaying hard for over a year to have her girl and still ended up with a beautiful boy, who knows... Good Luck to e/o who is having their scans coming up, here's to healthy beautiful babies x

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 08:20 PM
I'm hoping being that I'm in Aus and it'll be coming into Winter here in May that I have a chance for a pinky!! We didnt sway (we had planned to think about it next year) so no part of my lifestyle had changed so if this is my girl then Im not 100% sold on swaying either. I know a friend who tried swaying hard for over a year to have her girl and still ended up with a beautiful boy, who knows... Good Luck to e/o who is having their scans coming up, here's to healthy beautiful babies x

Fingers crossed there is some truth to that one, I'm due May 23rd, so a winter bub.
DS was December born so certainly a summer boy.

spinningmadly
November 23rd, 2012, 08:34 PM
Maybe I need to celebrate Ds's bday in Australia.lol. He is always upset he can't do something outside for it bc it's too cold here

Rosie85
November 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
It is so weird to have December reffered to as summer and May as winter!! To me December is a month of bittercold and May is beautiful 60 degree weather....ahhhh

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 09:01 PM
Its really quite good because the kids have their big school holidays when its summer so there is always lots we can do, like go to the beach and theme parks etc, we are always eating outside having bbqs over Xmas too, lots of swims and all the summer fruits become available so we have such good variety for xmas meals, usually mangoes, cherries, watermelon and our family always has prawns, not so much hot meals because it is so hot.

Rosie85
November 23rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
I would probably cry without my Christmas ham! I LOVE my ham and mashed potatoes!

It would be nice to have it warm enough to play outside though. Sometimes it is so cold and snowy we don't get to go everywhere we need to for holidays. It can certainly put a damper on things.

Shellbelle
November 23rd, 2012, 09:16 PM
I would probably cry without my Christmas ham! I LOVE my ham and mashed potatoes!

It would be nice to have it warm enough to play outside though. Sometimes it is so cold and snowy we don't get to go everywhere we need to for holidays. It can certainly put a damper on things.

Lol we are in the states (Texas) and here we have our ham and mashed potatoes, but we're usually wearing flip flops and shorts and running the ac. In fact, we had thanksgiving dinner #2 of 3 today, and we're running the ac! It's supposed to be in the high 60s tomorrow and the kids are excited because it will almost feel like fall. I wish we had seasons!

Rosie85
November 23rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
oh Shell, I hope it cools down for you. I really despise hot weather but I also dislike the bitter cold. I wish I could live some place where it is 60 degrees and partly sunny most days with awesome thunderstorms at least every other week, haha.

Rosie85
November 23rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
I am half done with my pregnancy no matter what due date I follow today! Woohoo!

Bimby
November 23rd, 2012, 10:27 PM
Lassie my 2 boys are 30th November & 1st December (timed it well lol) so maybe there is something in the weather :)

Bimby
November 23rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
Id love to see a white christmas one day but I do love the bbq weather, it is my favourite time of year :) The only thing Im not looking forward to is the fact that I cant eat any of it this year as it's usually cold prawns, cold ham off the bone, etc etc.. I guess my traditional boxing day lunch of potato salad & l/over ham will need to be warmed up this year ;) Ooooh Xmas!!!! I'll be half way by then (well almost) exciting!!!

Cinss
November 23rd, 2012, 10:35 PM
oops ive still been eating prawns and cold ham :worry: I actually crave both those things since i couldnt stand red meat at the beginning of this pregnancy, i only just had some lamb 2 nights ago and didnt gag :)

3girlsinarow
November 23rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
3girls~ Liking your post because we have the same scan date. I'm so sorry for those poor families, losing a child is beyond painful. I hope the 24 weeker will be okay. Good luck during your scan next week!

Happy Thanksgiving to the US moms!!!

Hope all of you ladies are doing well..

Oh cool, we can be scan date buddies....my scan will be 9 am EST. What time is yours?

Lassie1982
November 23rd, 2012, 11:14 PM
Lassie my 2 boys are 30th November & 1st December (timed it well lol) so maybe there is something in the weather :)

My ds is the 30th aswell, but December :)

Bimby
November 24th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Cinss everyone keeps telling me Id be ok with the Ham off the bone so will see how I feel on the day. I guess if its fresh it'll be fine, I think a lot is over kill but Im a worrier.. I wouldnt worry at the time of eating but Id stress forever afterwards.. I wish I didnt, my life would be so much easier :)

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Eeek I go for my scan soon :) very excited! Xx

mrshonyez
November 24th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Good luck hbp!! Can't wait to see some pics :)
I also know of a friend whose wife is due in April with her third boy... So strange! What happened in July??
Good luck to everyone else having scans soon. My anatomy scan is next Friday :)

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Good luck HBP - thinking of you! xx

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 03:55 AM
My ds1 was a winter baby (beginning of January) and ds2 was a June baby so I don't even really believe seasons make a difference to gender to be honest!

We have loads of snow forecast for the end of next week so hopefully we will get a lovely snowy Christmas so the boys can enjoy sledging and ds1 can start using the snowboard we have got him for Christmas. =)

Cinss
November 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Goodluck HB :) stalking :)

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks lovely ladies :) will update as soon as possible can't tell u the amount of dreams I had last night about today gulp!

My friend is due her 1st baby boy in April, she was desperate for him as she already has a little girl!
Ds1 is a Jan baby ds2 is a July baby, we have had loads of girls born here since augs so very strange!

Mummy so very jel of the snow we hardly get any here :( xx

Turning the page
November 24th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Gosh, I spend 24 hours off GD, and it takes me almost a 1/2 hour to catch up on this thread--lol! :)
Can't wait to see pics, hb! I get nervous before every scan...what did mamas do before u/s?? (Probably relaxed and enjoyed their pregnancies. Ha.) As far as "gut feelings" towards gender, I felt very strongly that this was a little boy, but after the NT scan, I now feel that I may have a little girl! But since we couldn't get photos of the nub, I'm worried i imagined what I saw. Then, the labs I received were leaning pink according to Zivic's researc, so that just adds more to obssess over. In any case, I'm now considering just going in for an elective early gender scan in about 2 weeks, just to get the whole thing over with. So much for Team Green! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Wish I was down under so I could be basking in the sun like ya'll Aussies! :)

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 08:41 AM
Stalking for updates HBP! xx

Brandles
November 24th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Good luck HBP!! Thinking of you!!!

Here in California our weather has been ridiculous. In the 40's at night and 90's during the day. One day it's cold and the next it feels like summer again. It was 85 on Thanksgiving! So I'm a bit jelly of the snow too!!! I want to bundle up with boots and scarves already!!! For goodness sake... It's fall Mother Nature!!! :wink:

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 08:56 AM
HBP, this is it TODAY!? You confirmation PINK scan.. I know with 100% certainty that your classic girl nub isn't going to lie!
YAY, I can't wait to hop on later!
Ask if you can get a 3d/4d if it's a medical one!!!!!

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Well its official ladies I'm definitely having a girl haha! Scan was brilliant but miss willow was naughty and kept hiding her face so only got a few good pics! She's very healthy and super cute looks just like her brothers and apparently she has hair! The tech told me to take off all tags on clothes she's 99.9% positive its a girl :)
Any way here's one pic will add more later

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 09:59 AM

ynwa
November 24th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Well its official ladies I'm definitely having a girl haha! Scan was brilliant but miss willow was naughty and kept hiding her face so only got a few good pics! She's very healthy and super cute looks just like her brothers and apparently she has hair! The tech told me to take off all tags on clothes she's 99.9% positive its a girl :)
So is soooooo pretty,so pleased for you,my scan is thur 29th can't wait :.)

jark22
November 24th, 2012, 10:03 AM

She's sooo cute!!!! Congrats on your DEFINITE girl!!!

3girlsinarow
November 24th, 2012, 10:09 AM
:ballerina:
Congrats on your pink, HBP! Relax and enjoy shopping for all that girly stuff!

Wishing4Pink
November 24th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Little Willow is certainly a cutie, congratulations again on your little girl hbp x

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Awwww! Huge congratulations she is adorable! What fantastic pics!! I am so happy for you, a fantastic early Christmas present. :)

Now get yourself to Next and go crazy buying pink!!! :D

Brandles
November 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Awwww!!! HBP, I'm so happy for you!! Reading your post brought happy tears to my eyes!! She is so beautiful!! You got some really great shots... Can't wait to see more!! :) Have fun shopping for all that pink!!!!

Congratulations!!!

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Thanx to all you lovely ladies, you are all amazing I wouldnt have gotten through this with out you all, thanx for listening to me through all my crazyness lol, and thank u for all being so happy and positive towards me even though a lot of you didn't get your dg which u all so deserved!! ((((((((hugs)))))))))
Xxx

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 03:29 PM
YAY HBP!!! I KNEW it my friend! It's Official, I swear you have the best girly nub on this site! ;)
And you got some 3D/4D pics AWESOME Luv!!!!! Now nobody can disprove you!

She's adorable!!!!! :) And shy like my DD too!

homebirthing princess
November 24th, 2012, 03:48 PM
YAY HBP!!! I KNEW it my friend! It's Official, I swear you have the best girly nub on this site! ;)
And you got some 3D/4D pics AWESOME Luv!!!!! Now nobody can disprove you!

She's adorable!!!!! :) And shy like my DD too!

Aw thank u sweetie :)

The shyness must be a girl thing...total divas lol :) just seen your New pic, have u added more? Your princess is adorable :) xx

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Aw thank u sweetie :)

The shyness must be a girl thing...total divas lol :) just seen your New pic, have u added more? Your princess is adorable :) xx

I know right! She gave the tech crap at the 14 wk 4 day gender scan lol but I'm glad she did because I got much better pics the week afterwards with a real OB!
I just took a pic of my pic with my digital cam and uploaded in on the comp and made it my avatar. It's too blurry to upload the whole pic for now :)
And thank you! I will add the few I have when I can get to the office supply store.

I'm sure that we do have total drama divas! But that's what we asked for, isn't it? ;)

Cinss
November 24th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Congrats HBP :) Willow is a doll xx

Lassie1982
November 24th, 2012, 04:41 PM
HB she is adorable! Congratulations again xo

Lassie1982
November 24th, 2012, 05:03 PM
Girls, can you please have a look at this 3d pic that I hadn't uploaded before.
(Yes I'm still obsessing, sorry)
There are 2 protrusions between the legs??
One to the left, and the other to the right.
Is one of these likely to be a penis??
Or scrotum?
I think the one on the left is probably to long to be a penis (what on earth is it though?)
But what about the other one?

jark22
November 24th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Girls, can you please have a look at this 3d pic that I hadn't uploaded before.
(Yes I'm still obsessing, sorry)
There are 2 protrusions between the legs??
One to the left, and the other to the right.
Is one of these likely to be a penis??
Or scrotum?
I think the one on the left is probably to long to be a penis (what on earth is it though?)
But what about the other one?

I think the protrusion to the left could possibly be the leg but the image got distorted. I think the bump on the right could be the nub. Then again I've been told a few times recently (in so many words) that I'm pretty crap at this ultrasound guessing stuff - so it's really just my guess. LOL!

Butterfly Spirit
November 24th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Yep when I saw it I also thought the protrusion on the left was the other leg. :)

mummypink
November 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I have no clue Lassie but all I would say is that at that stage girly bits and boy bits look pretty much identical so try not to worry too much - easier said than done I know!!

I'm having a tough day today with gd, I keep thinking I am fine with another boy and it doesn't matter that I won't have a daughter but then I have days like today and I just feel sad. I think about all the experiences I won't ever have, won't ever know what my daughter would look like. I even toy with the idea of having another baby in the future but I know that wouldn't be a good thing. I know that if it was another boy the gd would be unbearable and it just wouldn't be fair.

I seem to see little girls with one or two brothers everywhere, and although I don't begrudge their mums I do feel so envious and think 'why couldn't have that?'. Then I feel like a horrible person for not just being happy with being lucky enough to have three children.

I thought once I found out for definite one way or another I would stop obsessing but I'm still not, even with the pretty much 100% definite boy scan that I had there is a part of me thinking maybe they got it wrong. I keep searching around online for boy scans that turned out to be a girl but I know that at this stage it is very unlikely for the scan to be wrong. Even my friend said the techs at the hospital I had my scan have been known to be wrong, but I think that was quite a few years ago and it sounds like they have told people girl when it was actually a boy and not the other way round. The tech was so thorough and lovely, and although she said she couldn't ever say 100% she did say she would be extremely surprised if she was wrong and it was a girl.

Can someone invite a special pill please that takes all our gd craziness away?!

Also, I'd love to know what Atomic makes of the stats on our group. I just don't get it! Surely in a sample of random people there should be a more even spread of girls vs boys even without the swaying. It isn't even like we all did the same sway, we had our variations on it and the ones that seem to have got their dg didn't really sway at all.
Maybe my dh was right and I should have just dropped all the sway stuff and concentrated on getting pregnant, maybe then I would have got my little girl. :(

Cinss
November 24th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Lassie i love the little hand in that pic :)

Cinss
November 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM
mummypink - http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gender-swaying-discussion-ttc-boy-girl-home-swaying-info/18466-when-sways-attack.html?highlight=sways+attack

coocoobananas
November 24th, 2012, 06:23 PM
These are all the same thoughts I have... Would if I never swayed at all?!? But if we didn't I think there would have been more regret! I am honestly now just feeling peace with this... It's been 6 weeks of all over the place emotions. Give yourself time, you just have to find the good in it and I really think if I could you will too... It may just take a while:(
When you do have a happy thought if 3 boys, try to keep that close. I have my 2 boys school pictures side by side on the wall both with little ties on... I see the 3rd there and it really makes me smile:)

Lassie1982
November 24th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Lassie i love the little hand in that pic :)
me too :)
I always marvel at how perfectly formed our little babies are at such a young gestation, its amazing.

Bimby
November 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM
HBP Congrats, your LO is already adorable!! I just went back and had a look at your nub pics & they look like my babies so you are giving me more hope of a princess.

Mummypink I'm so sorry you are feeling sad, I know I would be exactly the same, even though I say Im happy either way I know deep down Im really pushing for pink. I wish I could give you some magic powder that takes the pain away, I know when you have your LO in your arms you will be so happy & couldnt imagine anyone different in your life but until then all I can offer you are super big hugs. Please vent away whenever you feel you need to. I know my DH would be of no support to me if I was in the same boat as they dont seem to understand so feel free to come on here for it :)

Lassie, your babies hand is sooo cute! I have no idea what the things are between the legs.. I wish I could help x

homebirthing princess
November 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Lassie I have no idea what those could be, I don't think 3d is the best for gender clues as the images can be so distorted...but bubs is super cute hun :)

Mummy I'm so sorry your finding it hard today :( wish I could give u a hug for real....Im not very good with words but plz give your self time to grieve for your daughter and don't feel bad all your thoughts and emotions are completely normal!! Have u thought about having a bonding scan hun? It really helped me with ds2 I would totally recommend one also u could get the gender confirmed so it could help you with all the what ifs in your head! I don't understand why so many of you are having boys its crazy!!

Bunny I'm glad I have given you hope hun :) did u sway? Xx

homebirthing princess
November 25th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Ha should say bimby not bunny lol x

Bimby
November 25th, 2012, 01:40 AM
HBP- No I didnt sway. This LO was a complete surprise. Id just had surgery to remove a huge fibroid 3 months earlier so Id felt like Id just given birth lol - We were going to think about it next year but in all honesty I dont think Id be very good at swaying anyway, Im a bit lazy lol. Did you sway?

Lassie1982
November 25th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Hey Bimby i just noticed that we are exactly a week apart in our due dates :)
Will you be finding out the gender??

Hoping you get to see some pink!!

mummypink
November 25th, 2012, 03:36 AM
These are all the same thoughts I have... Would if I never swayed at all?!? But if we didn't I think there would have been more regret! I am honestly now just feeling peace with this... It's been 6 weeks of all over the place emotions. Give yourself time, you just have to find the good in it and I really think if I could you will too... It may just take a while:(
When you do have a happy thought if 3 boys, try to keep that close. I have my 2 boys school pictures side by side on the wall both with little ties on... I see the 3rd there and it really makes me smile:)

Thanks Coocoo, it really helps to have support from people who know exactly how I'm feeling. I'm so glad you are ok now, I'm sure I will be too once I have got my head around it. xx

Bimby
November 25th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Lassie my EDD based on my LMP is actually the 24th May but every scan Ive had (except for the 6 week one) has me a week ahead so thats why I changed my ticker. My ob hasnt changed my date yet but as Im having a C/S because of recent surgery Im keeping my ticker based on that so I can keep track. Im terrified of rupture as the surgery was 3 months before I fell pregnant so Im scared I'll go into labor early (I went 8 days early with DS2) so yeah we basically are due the same day :) - did any of that make sense lol

Lassie1982
November 25th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Oh Jark - take no notice of any such comments.
At the end of the day, unless someone is a technician, then all anyone does is 'guess' we all guess based on what we have seen before, there is no crap guess or good guess.

Lassie1982
November 25th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Mummypink, I just want to give you a big hug.
I wish I had the words to make it right, but this is one of those things that only time will heal.
If there is one thing that I have learnt from this site it's that the GD does fade away, that once you have your baby you love them all the same.
You will heal with time, let yourself grieve, cry it out, pamper yourself if that makes you feel better.
I hope you feel better soon, and remember the old saying 'no matter how dark the dawn, the sun will always rise again'
Thinking of you xo

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Oh Jark - take no notice of any such comments.
At the end of the day, unless someone is a technician, then all anyone does is 'guess' we all guess based on what we have seen before, there is no crap guess or good guess.

I know. But it's hard when I seem to be the only one being corrected (by the same person). It's happened at least 3 or 4 times now. These stupid hormones make me extra sensitive as well :)

mummypink
November 25th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks Lassie, I know I will be fine. I think it is just the come down after all the swaying and then hoping about getting pregnant and the hoping that we got our girl, psyching up to the scan etc. It is bound to take some time to come back to reality and realise that it is a boy.

I know I will never regret having him, we always planned to have three and I know I wouldn't swap my other two for anything so as soon as I set eyes on him I will feel the same way about him. I'm also glad I found out the gender though too as I think I would have been at a high risk for getting pnd otherwise. Loving our new little man to pieces doesn't take away the part of me that has always longed for a daughter, and I would hate to be feeling sad when I should be cherishing the moments with my newborn.

I so hope now that everyone gets their desired gender, I would hate for anyone else to feel like this. The stats have GOT to improve for this group surely!! xx

spinningmadly
November 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Jark, I know what posts you are talking about and I see what you see sometimes so I don't think you were wrong lol

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Jark, I know what posts you are talking about and I see what you see sometimes so I don't think you were wrong lol

Thank you :). And it's not so much about whether I'm right or wrong. I've never, ever claimed to be an expert.....or that I even know anything about what I'm talking about. I'm just guessing like everyone else. Sometimes I question the pictures because I've seen so many turn out to be the opposite of what everyone guesses. I'm not sure why it has to be brought to my attention or challenged multiple times. I don't get it.... When I ask legitimate questions so that I can understand better- they never seem to be answered. Oh well

Cinss
November 25th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I know. But it's hard when I seem to be the only one being corrected (by the same person). It's happened at least 3 or 4 times now. These stupid hormones make me extra sensitive as well :)

Never take anything personally on the forum, its hard to know sometimes if someone is being helpful or having a bad day or whatever just by reading what they type.

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Never take anything personally on the forum, its hard to know sometimes if someone is being helpful or having a bad day or whatever just by reading what they type.

Very true. I'm just extra sensitive with these silly hormones. It's really more irritating than anything else. Especially since I don't see it happening to anyone else.

Cinss
November 25th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Very true. I'm just extra sensitive with these silly hormones. It's really more irritating than anything else. Especially since I don't see it happening to anyone else.

Yeah i can understand that, try not to worry about it, we love you :) xx

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah i can understand that, try not to worry about it, we love you :) xx

Aww thanks! Love you girls too

spinningmadly
November 25th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Lol I think you are just the only one asking good questions :).
I gave up on nub theory lol, I see too many opposites

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I agree- there are too many opposites. It's fun to guess but I also think it can cause too much anxiety or too much false hope for some people.

katiemouse1
November 25th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Due in May! Would like a girl, but it looks like we may have boy #3 on the way!

Cinss
November 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Due in May! Would like a girl, but it looks like we may have boy #3 on the way!

Welcome to the group :) Lots of boys happening in here im afraid to say.

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Welcome :). My name is also Katie - and I have 2 boys (ages 3.5 and 5). I'm not sure the gender of #3 yet, but we may find out on Saturday! We are due May 15th.

I saw the pictures you posted and I really think it's way too early to put any stock in a potty shot. There is still hope you may be cooking a girl :)

babydust
November 25th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Feel free to add me too :). Swayed girl and blessed with a girl. I'm due April 29th

Brandles
November 25th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I agree- there are too many opposites. It's fun to guess but I also think it can cause too much anxiety or too much false hope for some people.

I totally agree!! :wink:

Brandles
November 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM
I've never added mine... Due May 25th with baby #4!! I have 3 ever so lovely boys and praying for a girl!! Didn't sway this time, as I've had two failed sways in the past... Praying doing the opposite worked.

So far early gender scan shows 99% girl!!! Waiting on another ultrasound to confirm before I get too excited!!!

Brandles
November 25th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Feel free to add me too :). Swayed girl and blessed with a girl. I'm due April 29th

Aww!!! Congrats on your girl, babydust!!!

jark22
November 25th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Babydust and Brandles- you may want to private message NCBeachyGrl about adding you to the roll call. I think she posted once before about it just because it's easier than scrolling through all of the posts :)

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hello and congrats to the new ladies joining us :)

How is every1? Rosie, NC? Mrshonzey, 3m, suregena? Hope your all ok you've not posted in a while xx

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 02:18 AM
I am well, tummy has been off all week which is annoying. I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, very nervous for it. This pregnancy has felt off in a way since day 1 so I am hoping to have my mind put at ease tomorrow.

mrshonyez
November 26th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I've been keeping up reading every day, just haven't posted in a while. This thread sure moves fast so I have to jump on a couple of times a day to see how everyone is doing, and not miss too much :) I'm doing pretty good, just been busy with holiday stuff. We also went and traded our SUV yesterday for a minivan (never thought I'd see the day that I actually wanted a minivan lol!!) so I've been trying to work out our finances to see where we can cut other costs since I stay home. I've just gotten lost in the days lately. I can't believe I'm already almost 22 weeks... I get to see my little bean again on Friday, and I'll finally believe that he's a boy after this scan confirms it. And hopefully we can agree on a name then too! I hope everyone else is doing well. And Rosie, I hope everything goes great tomorrow and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 03:22 AM
I am well, tummy has been off all week which is annoying. I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, very nervous for it. This pregnancy has felt off in a way since day 1 so I am hoping to have my mind put at ease tomorrow.

Aww Rosie I'm sure everything is fine with your gorgeous bubba, I know how u feel though and I think its normal to worry, I don't think we fully relax until we have the baby in our arms safely and then we have a whole new set of worries :) keep us updated on your scan and don't forget to post a pic xxx

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I've been keeping up reading every day, just haven't posted in a while. This thread sure moves fast so I have to jump on a couple of times a day to see how everyone is doing, and not miss too much :) I'm doing pretty good, just been busy with holiday stuff. We also went and traded our SUV yesterday for a minivan (never thought I'd see the day that I actually wanted a minivan lol!!) so I've been trying to work out our finances to see where we can cut other costs since I stay home. I've just gotten lost in the days lately. I can't believe I'm already almost 22 weeks... I get to see my little bean again on Friday, and I'll finally believe that he's a boy after this scan confirms it. And hopefully we can agree on a name then too! I hope everyone else is doing well. And Rosie, I hope everything goes great tomorrow and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :)

Wow 22wks already :) glad your ok hun I worry when we don't hear from ppl :) I hope your scan goes well Friday please keep us updated! Yay for the mini van think we could use one of those xxx

Lassie1982
November 26th, 2012, 04:11 AM

Hope everything goes well tomorrow and you get to enjoy seeing your little bubba :) keep us posted!!!

Wishing4Pink
November 26th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I'm sure everything is fine with your little one Rosie. I too worry about so much, my brain doesn't switch off really! Let us know how you get on x

Bimby
November 26th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Oh the worry, I wish I could relax this time!!! I just can't.. I worry about everything, mine is beyond normal Im sure.. So much anxiety this time around (however Im sure I was the same with the other 2 aswell lol)

Rosie, all the best for your anatomy scan, Im sure everything will be fine, maybe your off tummy is nerves hon. Make sure to update us with your good news tomorrow :)

Hi to e/o else. Im feeling a little in limbo right now.. Im not feeling any movement thanks to the big fat placenta being anterior & I dont have an appt until my anatomy scan on the 2nd Jan, feels like forever away. Thankfully I have my boys birthday party this weekend and then have christmas to get organised for so hopefully that'll make the time pass quickly.. Anyone else feeling that way??

Winngrin
November 26th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Just popping in to say a quick hi! Hope everyone is doing well!

Grace
November 26th, 2012, 10:43 AM
I also can't believe I'm already half way through this pregnancy. With everything that's been going on seems like I don't have time for anything. We're making some changes around the house, so the boys can have their own room before the baby arrives, hope it will be ready soon. I'm just so busy all the time, wonder how I'll manage with another baby around..
Good luck Rosie and Mrs on your upcoming scans hope you hear good news!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 26th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Hello everyone. Just checking in. Had a busy weekend and went out at 1am black Friday to shop for Christmas. I have my anatomy scan on Wed.
Rosie, good luck tomorrow. Looking forward to your update.

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Wont be having a scan today...sick with the stomach flu :-(

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Oh, no, Rosie! I hope you feel better fast!

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Hope u feel better soon Rosie xx

Wishing4Pink
November 26th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Feel better soon Rosie x

mrshonyez
November 26th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Oh no! I hope you feel better soon Rosie! I know how much that sucks....

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Feel better Rosie! I had a 24 hour stomach bug when I was about 18 week pregnant with DS2. Stomach bugs while pregnant are the worst! I hope it is gone soon!

mummypink
November 26th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Get better soon Rosie xxx

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Thanks ladies, you all warm my heart! I still feel terrible but I am sure it will pass soon enough. Just bummed about missing my scan.

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Oh and thank goodness for iPads! It's keeping my mind off of being so sick.

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Rosie, hope you feel better soon hun. xx

Seems like a lot of us have anterior placentas!

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 04:39 PM
Cinss, I was thinking the same thing!

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 05:05 PM
For those of you who TTC girl: did anyone here do an abstain? I feel like most people do FR. I keep reading through sways to see if any are like mine- but almost everyone seems to have done FR.....

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Rosie, hope you feel better soon hun. xx

Seems like a lot of us have anterior placentas!

yep me too, the tech said mine was high so my bleeding the other wk wasn't caused by it! Xx

homebirthing princess
November 26th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Hugs Rosie xx

Brandles
November 26th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Hope you feel better soon, Rosie!

For those of you who TTC girl: did anyone here do an abstain? I feel like most people do FR. I keep reading through sways to see if any are like mine- but almost everyone seems to have done FR.....

Silly question, but what does FR mean? With my last two sways I did not do an abstain, but had an O-3 cutoff with one and and O+1 cutoff with the other... Both resulted in boys. This time I did nothing to sway, but my DH was out of town for work for 5 days and came home the night before I O'd. Maybe that's what finally worked for me!?!?!

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 05:50 PM
FR = Frequent Release

Turning the page
November 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM

For this conception, I opted to abstain--We actually managed a 10 day abstain! I was quite proud of myself. Ha ha. With my first, I was not swaying per se, so we DTD every other day and O-1 and O day. We will see if it made any difference on January 2, which is my official gender scan date! They would not allow me an earlier date unfortunately. This may be the longest five weeks and two days of my life! :-)

mrshonyez
November 26th, 2012, 06:06 PM
We did about an 8 1/2 day abstain (would've been longer but I ovulated earlier than usual.). Guess DH's little swimmers were still too powerful tho lol!! So I just saw on Facebook that another friend of mine due in April is having a boy... What's going on??

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Too funny...just saw on the news about how in my area there is an unusually large number of boys being born...you got that right.

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 06:34 PM
For this conception, I opted to abstain--We actually managed a 10 day abstain! I was quite proud of myself. Ha ha. With my first, I was not swaying per se, so we DTD every other day and O-1 and O day. We will see if it made any difference on January 2, which is my official gender scan date! They would not allow me an earlier date unfortunately. This may be the longest five weeks and two days of my life! :-)

We did an 11 day abstain. It would have been longer because I didn't even get a pos OPK until 2 days later (the day that I O'd). We were in Disney on vacation and did not have many opportunities for an attempt. I O'd about 4-5 days later than I was expecting and I didn't want to have an abstain of longer than 11 days. I'm still so surprised we even got preggo.

Our gender scan is this Saturday- and I swear the next 4 days and 19 hours are going to be the longest days and hours of my life LOL!

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Too funny...just saw on the news about how in my area there is an unusually large number of boys being born...you got that right.

At this rate all the little boys are going to have tough times finding girlfriends when they grow up!

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Yeah there will need to be two boys for each girl, haha. They said 19 boys in a row were born! Yikes! That is unheard of in a hospital!

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Yeah there will need to be two boys for each girl, haha. They said 19 boys in a row were born! Yikes! That is unheard of in a hospital!

Wow! All the women I know who had a baby this year had girls. All of the women i know who are due in the spring next year are having boys (so far).

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 26th, 2012, 07:01 PM

I abstained for more than 14 days and only did one attempt at +opk.

NCBeachyGrl
November 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Hi ladies! I have been SO busy with the holidays. I had my anatomy scan today and DH and the boys came with us. I told DH that I thought we should find out the gender by having the tech write it on the paper and then for x-mas we would reveal to the family by hanging a stocking with the baby's name on the fireplace and wait and see when ppl notice. So, we did that and now DH knows it is a boy. I am feeling pretty well! My placenta is anterior though and covering the cervix so I have to go back in 4 weeks for another scan to see if it moves. I never had this with the other boys! I sure hope it moves so I don't have to have a c-section!

Hope everyone is doing OK!!!

3girlsinarow
November 26th, 2012, 07:18 PM
My scan is only 2.5 days away...............I am starting to flip out a little....I am sooooooo ready for Thursday morning to get here I can't stand it. I keep thinking how I'll feel walking through the door of the ultrasound room and it makes my stomach all crazy...a mix of excitement and uncertainty. Several scans coming up this week....so at least we'll have some more reports in to determine if this board is having a turnaround. Although, I am one of the few that desperately want to hear boy so ladies.....dump all the blue dust on me. :babym:

Cinss
November 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM
My scan is only 2.5 days away...............I am starting to flip out a little....I am sooooooo ready for Thursday morning to get here I can't stand it. I keep thinking how I'll feel walking through the door of the ultrasound room and it makes my stomach all crazy...a mix of excitement and uncertainty. Several scans coming up this week....so at least we'll have some more reports in to determine if this board is having a turnaround. Although, I am one of the few that desperately want to hear boy so ladies.....dump all the blue dust on me. :babym:

Oohh goodluck goodluck goodluck :) ill be stalking you haha.

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Beachy, I'm so glad the scan went well! What is the deal with all the anterior placentas though? Mine is anterior too.

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Good luck Jark and 3girlsinarow!!!

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 07:31 PM
We abstained, but only because DH's work schedule made us. We dtd once after af was over, and I didn't ovulate until 5 days later. It's a miracle this egg survived lol.

NCBeachyGrl
November 26th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Beachy, I'm so glad the scan went well! What is the deal with all the anterior placentas though? Mine is anterior too.

I have no idea!!! Is yours low lying too? She said I have to go in for a vaginal u/s next to see positioning. I don't want a c-section at all! I know I have time for it to move so I sure hope it does!

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 07:45 PM
I don't know if its low or not this time... But I've had non-stop spotting and cramping for weeks. I have an appt with my regular doc next week, the elective scan next Saturday, and then an appointment with a specialist the next week.

Rosie85
November 26th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Mine is anterior as well, it was not on the cervix though at my last scan. Hope yours moves NC! My first born I had that and it moved by 22 weeks.

Bimby
November 26th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Rosie, so sorry you are unwell :( My DS1 was sick the other day but thankfully we seemed to miss the bug. I totally feel for you though, being sick sucks normally but when pregnant it doubly sucks!! Hope you feel better soon x

NCB Glad you're scan went well, cute idea too btw! I read somewhere recently that anterior placentas are more likely to move up & away from the cervix then posterior ones so here's hoping. I had anterior placenta with DS2 and his was covering the cervix at my 20 week scan but it moved away at the next check up so hope yours does too..

Seems alot of us have anterior placentas this time too - I just cant wait to feel my LO kicking around in there!!

Good Luck to e/o who has upcoming scans x

Turning the page
November 26th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I keep thinking how I'll feel walking through the door of the ultrasound room and it makes my stomach all crazy...a mix of excitement and uncertainty.:babym:
Ahh!! I have this same exact thought--too funny! I will be stalking this thread over the next few days...so excited for everybody!
NC--great idea on the stocking! I didn't realize your DH didn't know the gender yet--you have nerves of steel to be able to stifle that secret! :) And I hope that placenta keeps inching up; I feel certain that it will.

spinningmadly
November 26th, 2012, 08:57 PM
So I was better for a few days , not great but not Awful, and now right when I hit 14 weeks im insanely sick again.. Anyone else have that happen??

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Me!!!

spinningmadly
November 26th, 2012, 09:00 PM
When did it get better??

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 26th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm still very sick. I throw up every afternoon and evening. And I'm 18 weeks today. It really sucks. Sorry spinning.

spinningmadly
November 26th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ugh thats not hopeful!
Were you like this with every pregnancy?

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 09:12 PM
So I was better for a few days , not great but not Awful, and now right when I hit 14 weeks im insanely sick again.. Anyone else have that happen??

Yes! I had been crazy sick. Lost 10 lbs between 8 weeks and 13 weeks. Started to feel better and stopped throwing up around 14 weeks. Then it came back on thanksgiving (15 wks, 1 day)- and it seems to be here to stay. I've gained a pound back though. Woo hoo!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 26th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I was bad with my last ds.

jark22
November 26th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Mine has just gotten worse with each pregnancy. I'm so jealous of my friends who don't get sick at all

NCBeachyGrl
November 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM
3M&AL - how are you doing besides being sick still?

Thank ladies for the reassurance about the placenta. Yes...I was starting to feel really guilty that I knew and DH did not. Especially when he was all stoked for waiting until birth. I feel so relieved to have that off my shoulders and it was nice actually feeling happy about boy #3 and not being sad like I would have been if he had found out with me.

spinningmadly
November 26th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Jark - I'm the same way. Seems to get worse each time

spinningmadly
November 26th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Tm&al - but with your dd you were not?

Shellbelle
November 26th, 2012, 09:52 PM
3M&AL - how are you doing besides being sick still?

Thank ladies for the reassurance about the placenta. Yes...I was starting to feel really guilty that I knew and DH did not. Especially when he was all stoked for waiting until birth. I feel so relieved to have that off my shoulders and it was nice actually feeling happy about boy #3 and not being sad like I would have been if he had found out with me.

I really do think it will move up. I had a partial previa with one of mine, and got a lot of chances to see the baby. Lol. But it moved up in plenty of time to have a vaginal delivery. I bet yours will, too.

homebirthing princess
November 27th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Me aswell spinning.....my sickness finally went away at 17wks tho I do still feel nauseous at times x

mummypink
November 27th, 2012, 03:29 AM

Good luck! You can have all of my blue dust! xxx

mummypink
November 27th, 2012, 03:32 AM
I have an anterior placenta too, never had one before but the tech said it wasn't low so shouldn't cause any problems and of course it can still move before the birth anyway. NC hope yours moves so you don't have any complications.

I had read somewhere that you are more likely to have an anterior placenta with a girl - not sure if there is any truth in that but doesn't look like it with all these boys being due!!

My morning sickness went at about 16 weeks but I still don't have much of an appetite and have the odd bouts of feeling sick. x

suregena
November 27th, 2012, 08:48 AM
My placenta is posterior like with my son.

Brandles
November 27th, 2012, 10:51 AM
I feel like I'm a walking junk food junkie... I can't eat any meat and some aversions towards veggies. I've been trying to snack on nuts and eat bean and cheese burritos for what I'm missing in the meats. I'm loving oranges and some other fruits. But mainly it seems like my diet consists of bagels, cheeseburgers, french fries, pop tarts, Halloween candy (lol), if I could find twinkies, I'd totally have a box hidden!! I'm scared to weigh in next week. :worry:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Tm&al - but with your dd you were not?

I was very sick with her too. But it got much better around 20 weeks.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
November 27th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I have my scan at 8:30am tomorrow. Stupid thoughts running through my head right now. A little part of me is praying the u/s was wrong, even though I know it isn't.

Shellbelle
November 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I have my scan at 8:30am tomorrow. Stupid thoughts running through my head right now. A little part of me is praying the u/s was wrong, even though I know it isn't.

I don't think they are stupid thoughts. I think that we all hold on to that little bit of hope. :( Big hugs to you, my friend.

suregena
November 27th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I feel like I'm a walking junk food junkie... I can't eat any meat and some aversions towards veggies. I've been trying to snack on nuts and eat bean and cheese burritos for what I'm missing in the meats. I'm loving oranges and some other fruits. But mainly it seems like my diet consists of bagels, cheeseburgers, french fries, pop tarts, Halloween candy (lol), if I could find twinkies, I'd totally have a box hidden!! I'm scared to weigh in next week. :worry:

Ditto. Never eat candy usually but want lots of it this pregnancy (have a pack of starburst in my bag!) I live off burritos, anyway (my favorite foooood!)
My diet has been pretty poor. I feel and look bigger/heavier this pregnancy and I'm sure what I'm eating isn't helping any. Someone at work today was saying (and thought I couldn't hear them!) how huuuge I look for 14 weeks. :(

Butterfly Spirit
November 27th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Ditto. Never eat candy usually but want lots of it this pregnancy (have a pack of starburst in my bag!) I live off burritos, anyway (my favorite foooood!)
My diet has been pretty poor. I feel and look bigger/heavier this pregnancy and I'm sure what I'm eating isn't helping any. Someone at work today was saying (and thought I couldn't hear them!) how huuuge I look for 14 weeks. :(

I ate pretty junky the first and into the second trimester of my pregnancy too, but it was because I was so sick! I was eating pizza, hot pockets, burritos too and other processed foods and DH had to bring them to me as I was waking up..or else. It was horrible. Don't feel guilty about what you are eating.. just eat! LOL Candy I craved too, but if I ate too much always threw it up.