PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Wishing4Pink
December 1st, 2012, 03:29 AM
Huge congratulations Lassie on your little boy, he sounds precious x

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 03:31 AM
Congratulations lassie on your little man xx

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 AM
Congratulations TT glad your scan went well your baby looks so cute xx

fish2012
December 1st, 2012, 04:07 AM
Lassie congrats darling two boys is such fun xx

fish2012
December 1st, 2012, 04:10 AM
Congrats Hun two boys will be so cute

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 06:38 AM
Less than 7 hours to go. I am NERVOUS!!!!!!

Cinss
December 1st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Goodluck Jark, i will be waking up to your update :)

ynwa
December 1st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Less than 7 hours to go. I am NERVOUS!!!!!!

Stalking can't wait to hear:.)

ynwa
December 1st, 2012, 06:42 AM
It's a boy! A very active, very cheeky, so very very cute little boy. I'm head over heals in love with my little man and feel blessed to be honoured with 2 sons :)

Will post some pics later.
Dh is taking us to baby kingdom to buy some blue

Thank for the support girls love you all xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Congrats,you will love having 2 boys:.)

luckylass
December 1st, 2012, 07:01 AM
Jark, best of luck and looking forward to your update after your scan.

Lassie, speaking as a mum of two little boys it really is amazing. I wouldn't change my boys for the world and they are so funny and cute.

homebirthing princess
December 1st, 2012, 07:21 AM
Good luck jark ....have some of my pink dust! Will be stalking for an update xx

cravingsalt
December 1st, 2012, 07:38 AM
Lassie, congratulations!!! There's just something about the bond between brothers. A friend with a pigeon pair told me after I had ds2 that while initially she was glad she got on of each, but she thinks that was for her own benefit...that for the sibs probably two of a kind would have actually been better. Not to mention the LOADS of money you'll save on clothes and toys...and they can always room together. I don't think mine would like to be separated now if I tried!

Now the next things to look forward to...names and that new baby smell!!

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks girls! It's so weird to have counted down to this day with so much excitement......and now I'm not sure if I'm ready LOL! Not sure if I'm ready for my girl dream to be gone just yet.....

luckylass
December 1st, 2012, 07:54 AM
Sending pink dust your way and hoping you come back with girl news.

Bimby
December 1st, 2012, 08:09 AM
Good luck jark!!!!! Hope all goes well hon xx

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 08:47 AM
Good luck jark think pink pink pink!!!! Xx

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 09:06 AM
ok so. I know I"m looking too into this but this is my thread
Nub guess- turtle do you mind looking again? added pic - Ultrasounds - BabyCenter (http://community.babycenter.com/post/a37755883/nub_guess-_turtle_do_you_mind_looking_again_added_pic)

and the second pic. I am wondering if the nub looks like that bc baby was moving and throwing its butt up and down and making the nub flop around?? I know I"m am looking WAY too into this. but I know that if it was lying flat ..like they say it should be.. it wouldnt look like that..because obviously the two pictures look way different. from the same scan.

Bimby
December 1st, 2012, 09:41 AM
I have a pic in my nub shots that looks on an angle too hon, most are flat but in one pic it's angled and I have no idea why. I think it was just bubs moving around. I dont have any answers for you really, I guess it's 50/50 if you look at both pics but if she gave you the first one which shows the nub then I presume that would be the most accurate. I totally understand the nubsessing, truly I do xx

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 09:49 AM
That makes me feel better! But I think that is just the fact right now.. it's just 50/50..
I'm so impatient.. Wednesday seems so far away
And part of me is dreading it if I hear boy and another part of me just wants to know!

I did at least sell most of my boy clothes last time so at least i get to pick out new baby boy things this time if it is another boy. I am hoping that will make it more fun

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 09:50 AM
bimby - when do you find out? or are you finding out? sorry you might have said before but I have a hard time keeping up with this thread lol

mummypink
December 1st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Congratulations Lassie! Two boys is fab, sorry you didn't hear girl but glad you are feeling so happy about your new little man.
TT - so glad your scan went well.

Jark - fingers crossed for you!

Grace - I totally know what you mean. I always planned to just have 3, well actually I always planned to have 2 but dh wanted 4 so 3 was the compromise. I can't imagine having 4, and in all honesty I don't want 4 children. I know obviously if we did go on to have another in the future, whether it was planned or an accident it would all be great but right now I just don't see it happening. Mainly because of the practical side of things of having 4 children, and also I don't want to go through another pregnancy, another couple of years of having a young baby to care for. My boys are finally getting to the stage where they are pretty independent, they play without needing my constant attention, follow instructions and are both toilet trained. I'm looking forward to being able to do more things with them as they get older, like camping trips, the cinema, travelling etc and if I have another baby in a couple of years that isn't going to be possible for a considerable amount of time.

So the best option as far as I can see is for a miracle to happen and for this baby to turn out to be a surprise girl - that's not asking too much is it?! :rofl:

Grace
December 1st, 2012, 10:47 AM
Well, you know what they say, miracles happen every day :fx:

Butterfly Spirit
December 1st, 2012, 11:49 AM
GL Jark, you are probably at your scan about now!

Winngrin
December 1st, 2012, 01:04 PM
Good luck jark!

homebirthing princess
December 1st, 2012, 01:32 PM
Stalking.......

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
It's another boy. Having a hard time right now.

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 02:04 PM
So sorry you didn't hear girl jark :-(. Thought the luck was turning around. We are here to listen when you need. Congrats on the boy though of course, hope all looked healthy.

homebirthing princess
December 1st, 2012, 02:15 PM
Aw jark iam so sorry u didn't hear pink, we are here for u if u want to talk! Congratulations on your little man xx

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2012, 02:19 PM

:( I'm sorry, but congrats for healthy baby boy.

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 02:37 PM

Oh sweetie I'm so sorry you didn't hear pink, We're all here for you
Congratulations on your baby boy xx

3girlsinarow
December 1st, 2012, 02:58 PM

Oh, jark...I am so sorry you didn't hear girl today. I know your boy will be the sweetest little blue bundle. Hugs to you! Just remember to let yourself feel however you need to. We'll all be here to understand.

TT_3814
December 1st, 2012, 03:05 PM
Thank you ladies!!! :D

Jark, I know it's hard right now and I'm so sorry. ((hugs)) Take all the time you need.. Congrats on your little boy! :HH:

ynwa
December 1st, 2012, 03:18 PM

Shocked,congrats on a lovely boy tho:.)

luckylass
December 1st, 2012, 03:37 PM
Jark sorry you didn't hear pink today but congrats on your baby boy. I bet he is beautiful and will be a wonderful addition to your family.

Violet_
December 1st, 2012, 03:53 PM
Congratulations on your baby boy Jark. I know how you feel. I've been there. Hugs.

Cinss
December 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Wow Jark im surprised with your update, sorry it didnt go the way you wanted, but congrats on the little boy. Any pics to share if your up to it?

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 04:58 PM
Only penis pictures.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 05:05 PM
Jark, do you plan on having anymore children?

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 05:14 PM
No this is it. I think it would just be selfish if we tried for another because I would only want another if it was a girl. Having a particularly hard time because I will never ever have a mother daughter relationship again (since my mom passed a few months ago). It really sucks. I can't imagine my life without a daughter....

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'm really having a much harder time than I imagined I would. My face is raw and puffy from the 4 hours of continuous crying. We have absolutely no names. And I am no longer excited for this pregnancy. I just want to have a do-over

Also- add me to the anterior placenta club. Not sure how that's going to work out with a c-section.....

Mrs_P
December 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Oh Jark i know exactly how you feel, big hugs hunny, i felt exactly the same with ds3, a dream that strong is so hard to move on from. I hope he brings you as much joy as my little one has brought me and that you find peace with your situation. The daughter thing aside as obviously i'm not dealing very well with that either; 3 boys are really very special and will bring you many many happy moments x

Cinss
December 1st, 2012, 05:26 PM
Im so sorry you are having a tough time with it now Jark :( Wish i could wave the wand and give you a do over. Im sure the surgeons will know what to do with your placenta, do you know if it is anterior high or low?

Just had another look at the front page of this thread and i think it is now 12 from 18 have opposites :(

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 05:39 PM
Jark, I am so sorry. I can't imagine my life without a daughter either. The thought of me never having one makes me want to vomit. While I want four kids I feel the same as you...that I would only get pregnant to have a girl. I don't know if I can be happy with four boys. It is okay to feel the way you do. It is hard to be excited when you just lost your hopes and dreams so suddenly. They were ripped out from under us and it hurts A LOT. Give yourself time to cry, as the days go on the pain will ease. I too thought I couldn't be happy or excited for this pregnancy anymore but a month later ...I am. I am still very upset about not having a girl but this baby in my belly isn't the cause of my upset, I love him already and can't wait to hold him.

If this is your last think about the future...as far as it seems away. Your boys will bring many girls into your life and hopefully grand daughters too. Do you have a neice you can spoil and borrow for a few days here and there? I really truly do get that it's not the same as a mother daughter bond but I feel like it's better than nothing if we can't have what we want exactly.

Huge hugs to you, I really wish we all lived closer so we could have an inperson support group!

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mrs P this could be a little too personal but did you have a fourth because it was always the plan or because you wanted one last shot at a girl? I know have lots of time to decide but it's eating me up inside...the thought of another boy and me not being sure I could be happy with that..

Could you be happy with a 4th boy, did you mentally prepare yourself for one? My plan was always 4 no matter what...but now that it's three boys I wonder if I want the 4th. Then there is the whole it could have been a girl thing. How did you make the decision to have another?!

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 05:43 PM
oh and I am no way saying you are only making babies to get girls and you don't love them otherwise!! Because of course you will...but I was just curious about thought process...

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'm so sorry jark :(

Lassie1982
December 1st, 2012, 05:57 PM
I'm sorry Jark :(
I really thought that the stats in this thread just HAD to turn :(
I'm So sorry your are hurting, I'm sending you massive hugs and strength.
Allow yourself to 'grieve' and know that the pain and sorrow will pass.
Do whatever you need to try and make yourself smile.
Hope you feel better soon xo

Mrs_P
December 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
Mrs P this could be a little too personal but did you have a fourth because it was always the plan or because you wanted one last shot at a girl? I know have lots of time to decide but it's eating me up inside...the thought of another boy and me not being sure I could be happy with that..

Could you be happy with a 4th boy, did you mentally prepare yourself for one? My plan was always 4 no matter what...but now that it's three boys I wonder if I want the 4th. Then there is the whole it could have been a girl thing. How did you make the decision to have another?!

No its fine i really don't mind questions and try to be honest. We tried again because the pain of never having a daughter was too much for me to bear. Don't get me wrong i love my boys with all my heart and wouldn't trade a single one, i have the family i never knew i always wanted but something is missing. I always wanted 3 kids and never more than one daughter, i wanted a boy and for him to have a brother but i presumed as i wanted a few i should get my little girl in there somewhere. The instant i heard boy at the ultra sound with ds3 i was gutted and i cried so much, dh promised me one more try and i settled and began to look forward to him after a few months but i knew i still i had one more shot. We had a scare with ds2 when ds3 was two months old and i lost a lot of his baby time being scared i'd loose ds2 (he was fine but i was so scared it would happen again) and living with the consequences of what happened to him. After that i was just so grateful for 3 healthy boys and just to get through every day with them but as ds3 grew that desire slowely creeped in again and took a hold of me. It didn't seem fair to try just for a girl so we looked into ht (which was just too much of a gamble costs wise and not something my dh really agreed with) and adoption (but for the most part we had too many biological kids and the wait was 5yrs plus) but i started getting broody again especially as i felt cheated that i lost so much of ds3 real baby time. When we caught i really thought i'd be fine, i've never struggled to fall for my boys, love hit me instantly with all 3 of them and any gd disappeared way before birth - that and i fought massive gd with ds3 and won (even considered adoption or abortion i fell that low - although i knew i couldn't do it, i cried myself silly for weeks feeling cheated and low; didn't help everyone else i knew with 2 boys got their girl). I was sure i could overcome it again.

Possibly not the best of decisions as about 5-6 weeks all the old gd feelings came back and i'm right back where i was with ds3 as this really is my last chance. The thought of living a life with regret feels too overwhelming to contemplate and i feel so miserable and down all the time i have even considered a termination and just going back to the way things were, i feel like i have been robbed of my dream already and that just getting pregnant sealed my fate - so i was ok and looking forward to ds4 but now am in a really really bad position and angry at myself for putting my family through this - i just don't feel strong enough to fight for another boy as i know our family will not be supportive (they think 3 boys is more than enough).

Sorry probably not the answer you wanted :sad: but i seem to have lost my positive side lately. I think / am hoping for me its the not knowing that's doing this to me and that i will find peace once i know one way or another that this is a boy, it's the hope thats taunting me

Brandles
December 1st, 2012, 06:12 PM
Jark, my heart breaks for you right know and all the others struggling with gd. When I found out my 3rd was a boy I cried for days. The ultrasound tech felt so bad for me... It was horrible, so I know exactly how you're feeling. I have longed for that mother/daughter relationship (like the one I share with my mom) for years. I really didn't think my DH was going to let me try again, especially after the baby we lost back in March would've been boy #4 for us. I apologize for asking this again if you've already answered, but will you guys try for #4? I wish you the best and you'll truly love having 3 boys. :hug2:

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM
I don't know how I'd be able to justify 4 kids. I will just have to suck it up and deal with what I've been handed.

mummypink
December 1st, 2012, 06:20 PM
Sending you a huge hug Jark, I'm so sorry. I know how sad you are feeling but believe me it does get better, the first 48 hours for me were horrible. I just wanted to cry, but I am getting my head around it, like you I know having a 4th wouldn't be a good idea as I don't want 4 children and it would only be to have a daughter.

I was so sure the gender mix would start changing on our group, I am shocked.

We're all here for you Jark. xxxxxxxxx

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 06:24 PM
I feel the same way about number 4 if this is a boy. It would be ht or nothing. And I don't even want 4 kids as it is anyway..

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Mrs. P, it's okay. It can be easy to lose positivity in that situation, I know I would feel the exact same. So I understand your answer, it makes sense and I see where you are coming from. It is always easier to be positive when you are not "locked" in a position. I really do hope your baby girl is in there right now. I want that so badly for you.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 06:42 PM
The more I read the more pissed off I get. I can't understand this opposite trend. I do believe we were all brought together for a reason, but this shouldn't be why. I'm really sorry Jark. I didn't know you lost your mom. And I apogize if I sound like a jerk, but this just makes no sense. I don't even think Atomic could say something that would make me understand this.

If spinning doesn't hear girl I think I'm going to light my computer on fire!!!

I do agree that the first 48 hours are terrible, but reading the first posts when someone hears the opposite is devastating. I almost go through it all over again because I know how you feel. All I can say is I'm here for each and every one of you. Trying to talk to someone irl seems impossible.

I agree with you Rosie. I wish we all lived closer to eachother. We'd make one hell of a support group.

atomic sagebrush
December 1st, 2012, 06:46 PM
I'm sorry.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 06:48 PM
I'm sorry.

I hope this wasn't for me...lol. You're great. I just can't believe our trend.

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
MrsP I felt exactly the same as you do now. That my life was totally over and the slight hope of that dream was gone all together! As it turns out for me it was :( I'm slowly coming to terms with the idea of 4 boys. Also have really considered number 5!!!! And I know it's only cause I want my girl!
I do love and adore this little man in my tummy now and can't wait to meet him. I just hope and pray you have that baby girl in there fx for you xx

Jark I'm gutted for you. Life is so unfair sometimes give your self sometime to grieve it does get easier (sorry, doesn't stop hurting) but you will truly love this little one with all your heart I promise you.
Sending big big hugs xx

Tiffani3
December 1st, 2012, 06:57 PM
3m I totally agree with what you said. I get so upset when I hear opposites on here it breaks my heart every time. xx

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 07:03 PM
I would love to watch a computer burn...lol Just don't smell it Three...toxic chemicals!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
I hope it doesn't come to that. She better hear girl!!! I pray for her all the time. Love you spinning!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 07:06 PM
I would love to watch a computer burn...lol Just don't smell it Three...toxic chemicals!

Thanks for thinking of me Rosie...lol.

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM
No problemo! It's what I do Three!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 07:11 PM
And that's why I love ya Rosie!!!

jark22
December 1st, 2012, 07:40 PM
Here's my newest penis. Are those white lines the scrotum? I never had a scan this early (that could show gender) - so it looks a lot different from my other boys. Thanks for being so supportive, girls!

Grace
December 1st, 2012, 08:11 PM
Jark sorry you didn't get your girl. So many of us having to deal with GD doesn't seem real! But like the others said, it does get better over time. I'm so glad I found you ladies to share these feelings with, cause irl people probably think I'm crazy.. One of our 'spiritual' friends once told us that babies who are born at a certain period of time, all have a joint cosmic mission. So maybe all our boys will save the world someday?
Love you ladies, you are always on my mind, and even in my dreams xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 1st, 2012, 08:21 PM
That was such a nice thing to say Grace. I think we have a special bond in this thread...hence the billion posts already. My husband refers to you all as my computer friends. I told him he should be jealous...lol. I've never met some of the most amazing women on this site. The only thing that seperates us is distance. We all share so many things in common. This site has helped me so much, and I'm sure it will continue as my pregnancy progresses and my little guy is born. I do believe we were meant to come together, I just wish our group didn't have as many opposites. I love you ladies!!

Turning the page
December 1st, 2012, 08:59 PM
Jark--I am really shocked at the news! I know you are so happy you have a healthy, beautiful baby boy, but I understand your grief right now. I'll be thinking of you these next few days as you adjust and fall in love (in your own time). ((Hugs hugs hugs))!!

mrshonyez
December 1st, 2012, 10:12 PM
I agree with everything the other lovely ladies have said... And I just wanted to say I'm so sorry too jark! I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better :(

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 10:15 PM
Lol I just saw this. I'll burn mine too probably Lol. I love you girls.
We had ds1 and ds2 birthday party today. Crazy day. I'm exhausted, took a zofran to get through it. I was anxious all morning I think bc of stupid nub guesses so I'm glad the party was distracting!
When I do find out gender , wedsnesday.. Eek!! I won't tell anyone IRL ( I will def post here!) I think, I feel like once the baby is born I won't hear as many stupid comments, either way . I wish I could at least tell my mom
But she cannot keep a secret to save her life lol.

TT_3814
December 1st, 2012, 10:49 PM
If only I would have had a group like this back in 2007.. :) I love how wonderful and supportive all of you are, this is such a sweet group! :HH:

Thinking pink thoughts for you, Spinning and always sending healthy baby vibes!

spinningmadly
December 1st, 2012, 11:00 PM
thanks! Honestly if it is a boy I hope that I will deal with it as well as some of you have on here.
I really admire you girls for that and I just don't think I will be as.. strong about it as all of you are

3girlsinarow
December 1st, 2012, 11:08 PM
I'm really having a much harder time than I imagined I would. My face is raw and puffy from the 4 hours of continuous crying. We have absolutely no names. And I am no longer excited for this pregnancy. I just want to have a do-over

Also- add me to the anterior placenta club. Not sure how that's going to work out with a c-section.....

I'll be having a c-section as well....my fourth one in fact...the doc didn't act like it would be a problem about my anterior placenta, but she did mention that they would "check" on it with another scan later...but she didn't say exactly when, so I assumed at the very end. Let me know if you find out anything about that. Hugs again....I am so sorry this day has been such a difficult one for you.

Rosie85
December 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
I love all you ladies too!! I like the idea of a cosmic mission and our boys will save the world someday!! Lovely thoughts to think!

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 01:15 AM
That makes me feel better! But I think that is just the fact right now.. it's just 50/50..
I'm so impatient.. Wednesday seems so far away
And part of me is dreading it if I hear boy and another part of me just wants to know!

I did at least sell most of my boy clothes last time so at least i get to pick out new baby boy things this time if it is another boy. I am hoping that will make it more fun

Im the same, I want to know now as there is hope for a girl but Ive got that what if its not and Ive now got my hopes up.. I wouldnt have been as bothered before, I really didnt care as much before I knew that the nub was girly but now its all I want to hear.. My scan isnt until the 2nd Jan.. A month today (Ive added a ticker on my siggy lol) I'll have to live through you ladies until then x Oh and snap as I had my DS1 & DS2's bday party today lol They are a day apart?? When are you boys b'days??

Jark - Im so very sorry you didnt get your DG, It sucks so many are hearing the opposite, I really feel for you hon, Im glad baby is healthy and hopefully at some stage you can come to terms with it all :( - in the meantime we are here for you whenever you need to x

spinningmadly
December 2nd, 2012, 01:30 AM
Lol that's funny . Mine are actually nov 24 and dec 23. So I just combined their parties , which they asked to do, and put it in the middle . If I do It later in dec it gets so busy with Xmas no one can come! When are your boys bdays?

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
30th Nov & 1st Dec so makes it easier to do a joint party but it also makes for a busy few days as I still like them to have a special little family dinner for each b'day.. To say I am exhausted is an understatement!

mrshonyez
December 2nd, 2012, 02:49 AM
Is anyone else still having trouble in the baby name department? I'm pretty sure my lil man will be Colton Allen (sounds like a future country singer to me ;) lol), but I am having such a hard time committing 100% to it, and I don't know why. It fits well with my other boys, and its my favorite of our choices so far, so why can't I just say, "yes, that is his name?" It seemed so much easier to commit on my older boys' names!

Cinss
December 2nd, 2012, 02:56 AM
Is anyone else still having trouble in the baby name department? I'm pretty sure my lil man will be Colton Allen (sounds like a future country singer to me ;) lol), but I am having such a hard time committing 100% to it, and I don't know why. It fits well with my other boys, and its my favorite of our choices so far, so why can't I just say, "yes, that is his name?" It seemed so much easier to commit on my older boys' names!

Sounds like a great name to me :) I was the same with the name we have chosen if we end up with a boy, but we told DD about it and she said the name and it just sounded so cute coming out of her mouth that now i love it and we have agreed 100% if its a boy he will be called Cyrus.

mrshonyez
December 2nd, 2012, 03:17 AM
Thanks, my DS1 says it too and it sounds so cute! I love how little ones say things :) I absolutely love the name and all, I just don't know why I'm having trouble saying that's for sure it. I heard someone at the store today call his little baby Colton, and it just sounded so sweet for a baby! And btw I love the name Cyrus!!

Wishing4Pink
December 2nd, 2012, 03:47 AM
I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl Jark, congratulations on your little man x

Lassie1982
December 2nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
I'm sorry.

Atomic, you have nothing to be sorry for.
You provide an immeasurable amount of knowledge, data, assistant and support to all the women on here.
Our sways didn't fail because of something you did or didn't say, they failed because of bad luck.
Swaying, by the very definition of the word, is only at best a marginal likelihood of potentially altering the outcome, we all undertake swaying knowing full well that really it's still just a roll of the dice, of course it hurts when it doesn't work, of course we look for answers as to 'why' it didn't work, but for some things in life there simply are no answers.....and who gets what gender and why is one of those things for which there are no answer for. Why does a 30 year old who has never smoked, die of lung cancer, whilst a 85yr old that has smoked a pack a day their entire lives is still alive and kicking?? Just because the pack a day smoker didn't get lung cancer doesn't mean that smoking doesn't cause cancer - it does. And in that same vein, just because many of the sways have failed on here doesn't mean that swaying doesn't work, for some people it does.

When I have asked questions and made comments about the statistical anomaly that seems to be happening in this thread, please know that I am not questioning you, your knowledge, or the advice that you have give out. I'm a numbers person through and through. My entire day job is statistical analysis, lots of mind numbing data crunching, analysing, forecasting, identifying anomalies, basically explaining and justifying everything in numbers, probability and statistics. Being a numbers persons I automatically scratch my head when numbers just don't add up......and as far as the contributors in this thread go, the gender split doesn't make statistical sense, and is well outside of what I would understand to be normal gender splits. It's stood out to me, and I've commented on it and questioned it, but in that questioning its not YOU or any information and advice that YOU have provided that I am questioning just the statistical anomaly. It's not the high number of failed sways that make me scratch my head, but the unusually high number of boys - sway or no sway. I get that sways will and do fail, what I haven't got is why the gender split here is nowhere near the 51/49 average.

I hope you understand what I'm saying, I have always held you in high regard and have a great deal of respect for you, your knowledge and the information you provide, and that respect hasn't changed because my sway failed, or because so many of the sways in this group of have failed - I realise that that's something that has come down to bad luck, an unusually high concentration of bad luck, but just bad luck all the same.

So long waffle aside, you have nothing to be sorry for, and I don't think that anybody ever could, or would, blame you for their gender outcome.

mummypink
December 2nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I was chatting to my mum last night and she was saying she had been over at one of her friends houses who had just had their second grand daughter arrive. I asked if she had told them I was expecting another boy and she said yes she had and that they had said I should go for 4 as 3 was an odd number! Her friend had 4 children but she had two boys and then 2 girls. Apparently my mum had said that she thought I was stopping at three so definitely no granddaughters for her. Made me feel so sad :(

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
My 94 year old Nan said yesterday that it had better be a girl as she was sick of hearing boy LOL I said well I guess I wont be telling you then if I have a boy lol Luckily I know what she means but still it adds to that pressure I feel of how many people I may "disappont" if I dont have a girl. My dad and his wife have basically said the same as my nan but in not so direct terms. The only one who has tried very hard not to add pressure is my mum - she has basically said we make beautiful boys and would be so happy for us to have another one as they are perfect - i know deep down though she would be sad as it would also mean no granddaughters for her either :(

Lassie I dont know Atomic as I havent been on GD for long but what you wrote was so nice, Im sure she knows there is no blame here - I agree though the stats arent promising..

1 month before I find out!! 1 whole agonising month AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I must be the last one to find out right?? You'll all be over the whole thing by then lol

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Amen Lassie!!! So well put. Atomic is amazing. It's our stats that suck...lol.

I'm done having babies. But if I were to have another one, I'd get another personalized plan. Even though my sway didn't work, I think the plan does. And if I could go back and do one thing over, I would've been on the diet another few weeks before my attempt.

Atomic, you are amazing. And you work very hard to help us. I did everything different and I'm so happy about that. NO REGRETS!!! Thanks again Atomic.

And thank you ladies. You have helped me get over my gd.

Grace
December 2nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
I think Atomic and everyone else on this site are doing an amazing work and are helping so many women and families around the world. I have not a bad word to say at all, I can only blame myself for my failed sway. However, there's a lot about swaying that we don't know yet and new data is accumulated all the time. I feel like we are all taking part in a great and highly important experiment, and it would comfort me to know that something can be learned from our failed sways in order to improve the outcome for future swayers, may they be us or other women. That's why I think it's important for Atomic and her team to study our sways so they might be able to make something good come out of our disappointments. Hope I made my point without confusing anyone xx

Turning the page
December 2nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
1 month before I find out!! 1 whole agonising month AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I must be the last one to find out right?? You'll all be over the whole thing by then lol
Bimby, you and I have the same due date--and I think we're finding out the same day, too! I hope there's still some people hanging around this group by that time. :) Well, if not, we can just hang out here by ourselves and whine about how long the wait is--HA! And I understand about the family pressures for producing a specific gender...the first thing my wonderful dad said when I announced I was pregnant was, "I sure would love a little granddaughter!" Blech. He kind of apologized later, but it still stung a little. Oh, well. He's a wonderful father and granddad otherwise, so I guess I can let that comment slide. ;)
I also enjoy keeping up with this group quite a lot--you ladies are so supportive and encouraging!

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 08:24 AM
TTP: Im so glad I'll still have someone to wait with :) You're team green!!!! you are one strong woman!! DH & I were meant to be team green but when the sonographer asked at our NT scan if we wanted to know I was like "yeah" without even thinking. Even if I didnt find out I would be scouring the dvd for clues like I did my last DS and Id drive myself bonkers even more lol Good on you though, it will be such a wonderful surprise on the day :)

Turning the page
December 2nd, 2012, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I need to update my sig...I am so not going Team Green anymore. :rofl: I waited with DS1, and it was amazing to find out at the birth--truly one of the best, happiest moments of my life! I recall that moment often, and think, "Come on, it's worth the wait." But I am dying to know with this one, so much so that I have decided to go ahead and find out. :) So, come on January 2!!!!!

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Well then it will be an exciting day on the 2nd Jan for us :) I wish I could hold out but not this time I'm afraid. Here's Hoping the next month goes quick for us x

jark22
December 2nd, 2012, 10:26 AM
Just told my boys they will be getting a baby brother. They are sad because they want a baby sister. I feel like I let them down. I feel like I let everyone down. My husband will never get to walk anyone down the aisle..... My father was really hoping for a granddaughter. Everyone was hoping for a girl.....as if it would somehow make the loss of my mom a bit more bearable. This just sucks. I want a do-over. It's just not fair. I couldn't get to sleep till 3:30am because I couldn't stop crying. I'm still crying. I feel like this is never going to get better. There aren't any names that I truly love.....and I really wanted to honor my mom by using her name. But now I can't do that since its a boy. I think this news has just intensified my grieving. I'm not sure I would be taking it this badly if my mom was still here and healthy.

My husband is trying to be understanding but he just doesn't get it. He thinks that I should just be happy because I have 2 awesome boys already and another healthy one on the way. And of course I'm happy about those things- but it doesn't take away the fact that I will never experience a girl. Sorry to be such a Debbie Downer- you're the only ones who could possibly understand.

mummypink
December 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Jark my hubby is the same, he gets quite cross with me about it so I just don't say anything to him anymore. GD sucks and I think unless you have been through it you just don't get it.
Remember that your mum is looking down on you keeping an eye out for you, she'll always be with you in your heart regardless of the gender of this baby.
I got really upset for a while because before my scan I had been praying hard to my Dad that if he could see me and help that please may he send me a little girl this time to complete our family. Of course when I heard boy I felt like that meant he had truly gone. Totally crazy really.

I try and remember that life only throws at us what we can deal with, no matter how hard or impossible it seems. It is extra hard at the moment because we had been daring to dream about having a little girl, and without our new little man in our arms we forget how precious he will be. As the others have said maybe life has big plans for all our gorgeous boys, and as you know when you look at your sons you wouldn't swap them for anything.

Give yourself time, it will get easier I promise. I found it helped to think that although 4 children wasn't something I had ever wanted to have that I shouldn't rule it out.

Big hugs xxxxxxx

Tiffani3
December 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Oh jark big big hugs to you. I promise you the pain and sadness will ease. That little man of yours was truly meant to be with you, maybe your mum sent him to you for a reason that you don't know yet.
Let it all out sweetie it'll make you feel better xx

spinningmadly
December 2nd, 2012, 03:18 PM
Jark I totally understand. My ds1 really wants a girl and especially after last time he wants one even more, I know I will also feel like I'm letting him down. And my mil. And fil etc. I'm glad you can come express yourself here and i hope you know that we understand. I'm sorry you are so sad :( I just hope when you hold your little guy you feel some peace with it

suregena
December 2nd, 2012, 03:25 PM
:( I'm sorry, Jark. I hope it gets easier with time and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. You will no doubt love him to pieces when he's born.

suregena
December 2nd, 2012, 03:27 PM
The past two evenings/nights I've been feeling queasy again. Bleh. I don't think I've been eating enough during the day, probably...

I weighed myself for the first time since I got pregnant and I am SHOCKED how much weight I've gained. :( Probably 15lbs at least... what the hell...

homebirthing princess
December 2nd, 2012, 03:28 PM
Oh jark I'm so sorry your finding things hard right now :( your little man obviously choose your family for a good reason and I'm sure he will be an amazing addition and your boys will love him so much and so will u hunni! Your not letting anyone down at all!

I'm sorry so many of you havent heard the news you wanted :( I hate GD......so wish I had a magic wand! Xxxx

luckylass
December 2nd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Just reading through the posts on the last few pages and I really wish there was something I could say to help those who are so upset. I am so sorry some of you are having to deal with such strong GD, I really wish everyone could have heard what they wanted to at their scans. I am praying that the disappointment will ease as time goes on for those suffering though and am sorry if I am saying the wrong thing but just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you all.

TT_3814
December 2nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
(((((bighugs))))) Jark

spinningmadly
December 2nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I was thinking about having 3 boys and how it scares me bc ds1 and Ds2 fight a lot sometimes and ds1 one says he doesn't like him and wants a baby girl this time.. Anyway I wonder if it is boy #3 if ds1 will be close with him. Dh Is the oldest and extremely close to his youngest brother , not so much to the middle one.

suregena
December 2nd, 2012, 06:28 PM
My two older brothers still don't like each other to this day... however, the two older brothers like the younger/my younger brother (I have 3 brothers! :cool:) In our age ranges... they go 41, 37, 27 (me), and 25.

jark22
December 2nd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I was thinking about having 3 boys and how it scares me bc ds1 and Ds2 fight a lot sometimes and ds1 one says he doesn't like him and wants a baby girl this time.. Anyway I wonder if it is boy #3 if ds1 will be close with him. Dh Is the oldest and extremely close to his youngest brother , not so much to the middle one.

Your boys are still very young. Mine are now 3.5 and 5 years old - and the fighting has really decreased. They play together much better now. I hope the fighting gets better for your boys. It can be exhausting, right?

Bimby
December 2nd, 2012, 07:13 PM
My 2 boys love each other so far so I hope that stays. My DH & his bro are pretty good mates so I guess it depends. I know my dad and his brother dont talk at all, crazy hey :(

Surgena Im a monster, really I am!! I had some ladies from my DS1's kindy ask how far along I was and I saw them nearly choke lol They then said that they didnt believe I was only 16 weeks (luckily I didnt say I could infact only be 15 weeks lol) I always put on weight quickly, I just hope it slows down or Im in trouble lol

Jark, Im just so sorry you are feeling so down hon, I wish I knew what to say to make it easier for you. thinking of all of you ladies that didnt get their desired gender, I hope you know we are here for you whenever you need us x

Shellbelle
December 2nd, 2012, 07:54 PM
I am just now catching up and I am so sorry for those of y'all who have heard opposites. I really thought that the luck would turn around with this group.

Shellbelle
December 2nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
I just got back from my grandmother's funeral. It has been an awful few days and I am so exhausted and emotionally spent. And then at the funeral all people wanted to talk about was how huge I am for 15 weeks, and predicting whether this baby would be a boy or a girl... So basically I've been crying out of grief AND hurt feelings all day. I am ready to go to my own house and hide out until next weeks gender scan.

Cinss
December 2nd, 2012, 08:27 PM
Shell so sorry about your grandmother :( Hopefully you can get some well deserved rest and relaxation when you get home.

spinningmadly
December 2nd, 2012, 09:21 PM
Jark yeah , they are young, I think it just makes me sad that they don't get along when they fight. Part of it is their personalities , ds1 is an introvert and rather just be alone sometimes and ds2 is an extrovert and very bossy

suregena
December 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
I know the skull theory is kind of pointless, but I've tried reading the explanation post on it and I still don't quite get it... because then I read conflicting statements elsewhere. It must really be grasping at straws in that case.

Brandles
December 3rd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Shell~ I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother. (((Hugs)))

About the boys fighting... My two oldest boys are 16 and 13.5 and they fight constantly. They are always bickering about something and it drives me crazy. My DH has a brother about the same age difference and my DH said when they got into highschool the fighting stopped. My oldest is a junior and you'd think he'd grow up by now. They'll both be in highschool together next year so I'm praying that will be our magic year and they finally get along.

jark22
December 3rd, 2012, 11:33 AM
Girls with 3 boys: please tell me you love it and things to look forward to. Everyone at work was giving me the sympathy face today and they didn't even know how much I wanted a girl. One woman, who has 3 boys, just kept telling me she was sorry. When I asked her why she said "oh you'll see why". Someone else told me that they couldn't see me as a 'girl mom' anyway. What is that supposed to mean? The comments are just the worst......

suregena
December 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
Girls with 3 boys: please tell me you love it and things to look forward to. Everyone at work was giving me the sympathy face today and they didn't even know how much I wanted a girl. One woman, who has 3 boys, just kept telling me she was sorry. When I asked her why she said "oh you'll see why". Someone else told me that they couldn't see me as a 'girl mom' anyway. What is that supposed to mean? The comments are just the worst......

Ugh! People say the weirdest things to pregnant and expecting women, from gender to body... everything. It never helps or is complimentary or nice.

spinningmadly
December 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Wow what stupid things to say. I'm sorry. Want me to come smack them?

3boys
December 3rd, 2012, 11:57 AM

Hi Jark, I know I don't belong on this thread but I wanted to pop over to answer your question, hope thats ok? I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl and I honestly know how you are feeling. When I found out DS3 was a boy I was devastated and spent such a long time crying. The whole pregnancy felt hopeless and a complete waste of time. I had swayed so hard for a girl and I was angry and wanted to start the pregnancy all over again.
DS3 is the light of my life. I can't even describe to you how much I love having him. He is the Biggest mummys boy ever and he is so sweet.
Having three boys is not awful and it has some wonderful moments. When they are all sitting on the sofa together or playing with each other I feel so proud to have three boys and very special to be an all boy mum. People do comment but I take it as a compliment because I am special enough to have all one sex that they need to comment. If I had a mixed family people wouldn't give me the time of day lol. I think about when they are older and how they will all go 'out on the town' together and look out for one another.
Give yourself time to grieve but try to look on the positives, go out and by some new clothes for him. Start thinking about names and book a 4D scan. All these help.
I know how you feel and no doubt when I hear I am having boy number four I will be right back with you. BUT THREE BOYS IS SPECIAL and if that rude woman doesn't think so then that's her loss. Lots of hugs xxxxxxx

Tiffani3
December 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Oh sweetie 3 boys are great honestly they are. My boys are helpful and considerate and very caring, they play together and if one doesn't want to play then there's always another one who wants to. Ds3 does get left out a little because he's so much younger than the other two, which I think has made him grow up very quickly and he is quite pushy but ds1&2 love it. I often find them in a big bundle giggling away. boys are so so so amazing!
xx

Brandles
December 3rd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Jark, I agree with everything 3boys said in her post. I absolutely adore my 3 boys. I think I've mentioned this several times, but when I heard ds3 was a boy I was a mess... In the ultrasound room and at home for days. But like 3boys said, my ds3 is also the light of my life. He has brought so much happiness into our lives and to see him interact with his two older brothers is priceless. I love being able I say things like "my boys", etc. I learned to build thick skin in regards to the negative comments because believe it or not, I still get sympathy comments..... I've learned to laugh and say I wouldn't change it for the world. Sometimes I feel like slapping them, because they say it in front of my older boys and I don't ever want them to feel like I wished they were a girl, kwim? I know you will be in love with this new baby boy and it will take some time to go through the grieving process. You're a special mom to have 3 boys and will truly be blessed someday. Hugs to you sweetie.

(Sorry if I rambled a bit)

jark22
December 3rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Oh sweetie 3 boys are great honestly they are. My boys are helpful and considerate and very caring, they play together and if one doesn't want to play then there's always another one who wants to. Ds3 does get left out a little because he's so much younger than the other two, which I think has made him grow up very quickly and he is quite pushy but ds1&2 love it. I often find them in a big bundle giggling away. boys are so so so amazing!
xx

I'm afraid of #3 getting left out.... My boys will be 4 and almost 6 when he's born. If it was a girl I wouldn't be worried because of the gender difference. Oh well- it is what it is I guess.

Tiffani3
December 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
It's really strange but I am loving the comments from people at the moment I find my self jumping into there horrible words and reassuring my self that 4 boys will be wonderful. Putting that oh bet your hoping it was a girl to NO is a little boy and I'm so over the moon you wouldn't believe.
I have realised that I let those people judge and comment on my life my family when the have no right to, and because I was sad and upset I let them. You will find your strength and love for your little man and you will fight to protect him no matter what just give yourself time. xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 3rd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Jark, my 1st ds is 7, my 2nd is 5 at the end of this month, and my 3rd ds is 16 months. They LOVE him to pieces. I wouldn't worry about that at all. Your little guy will find his way right into his brothers hearts. And my dd is 3, and my oldest doesn't treat her as nicely as he treats our 3rd ds.

Tiffani3
December 3rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
I'm afraid of #3 getting left out.... My boys will be 4 and almost 6 when he's born. If it was a girl I wouldn't be worried because of the gender difference. Oh well- it is what it is I guess.

They will be fine hun. They will adore him totally. I find I play with ds3 a lot more than I did with my older too (as they had each other) which is wonderful as we have such a wonderful bond together he is such a special sweet little boy. Plus you'll have two little helpers when he's born and time alone with him when your two older ones are at school it will be lovely just you wait and see xx

3boys
December 3rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
I have mentioned before on other posts if people have the time and energy to say rude negative comments about other peoples family make up they must be lacking something very important in their own life to turn them into horrible people who feed off upsetting people. I don't envy them one bit and you usually find deep down they envy us.
They could have a million girls and I wouldn't swap life's.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 3rd, 2012, 12:32 PM
I agree 3boys. Young families need support, not criticism.

spinningmadly
December 3rd, 2012, 02:56 PM
I've told someone before not to make gender comments in front of my boys bc my older one listens and I wouldn't trade him for a girl. Needless to say they felt like an ass after that

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 3rd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Spinning, I swear you and I are one in the same.

hotdogz&boyz
December 3rd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Wow, I can't keep up with you ladies. But I read though the threads this time.

I am so sorry to those struggling with hearing opposites. Our group certainly seems to be teeming with the support we all need. I feel lucky to have found this room, I know I will be okay because when I hear boy, everyone here will be so lovely, I won't feel as alone. I hope the ladies who are coping with intense GD right now are getting feeling that support and it eases them in even the tiniest way. I really do feel for you.

As for people saying stupid things, you ladies are brilliant. I am dealing with the first bits, since I am only showing a little bit (only in certain clothes) and have gotten some stupid ones already. And I never want my boys to feel less desired. I am learning to grow thicker skin, even if it means I am lying through my teeth. I told my MIL this week (we are at her house, blah!) that I wanted another boy because I think three boys is so special and that they certainly draw the eye more than two boys and a girl. Naturally, I wanted to hit her in the gut. Lol. She is so obsessed with a granddaughter (as if I would seriously let her dote on her...since she ignores the boys), I wanted to make it perfectly clear we love boys! Naturally, I was lying...I want a daughter probably more than I even admit. But I think I'll get used to hearing stupid comments and will continue to feel lucky as all sin to have my two boys and the darling growing in my belly. Possibly more so because I will be this baby's biggest advocate if he is a boy...since everyone will assume I will be disappointed and act like I lost my best friend. I refuse to let them bring me down. I am sad we have to come up with snarky comments. But people won't cease being stupid any time soon! Lol.

Oh, I am loving hearing how many third boys get along good with their brothers. My two fight like mad. Knock-down, drag-out (at 3 and 14 months!)...I am so hoping adding a third will add new dynamics. My brothers adore each other...they work togehter, share cars, double date, have the same friends, and truly are best friends. I was a little deluded heading into having brothers, thinking mine would be loving and close. But I hope it comes with time. I'll be sad if my boys don't like each other or fight horribly even as adults. Maybe a third boy would make them get along a little better. They will all be less than 3 years apart (my oldest will be 3.5 when the youngest is born), so I hope it will take some of the pressure off my two to be "best buddies." although I don't know if the same would happen if this one is a girl. So many things to think about! Lol.

I am trying to ignore the fact that my scan is on Friday. I am having second thoughts about wanting to know. Lol. I have the opposite if what most folks on here seemed to have had going on. My gut really, really says this baby is a boy. My head says girl (various symptoms that might mean nothing, nub shots, baby placement, etc adding up to "doesn't all that point to girl" in my head). It is terrifying me that I am mentally thinking girl and I keep trying to combat it by saying "of course it's a boy." and want to hear the stupidest thing ever...I STILL can't let go of that Gosh-darn Chinese gender chart! Besides my gut, that is the only thing that makes me sure it is a boy. It was right for both of my other boys...and that makes me think it must be right again. It seems it is either "completely wrong" or "completely right." I am sure it is not the case. It prolly is just a 50-50 thing and it happened to fall on boy and be right twice, clearly have gone off the deep end. But I guess if it holds my hopes in check, it isn't a bad thing.

Sorry I am not around much. I just have been traveling a lot and keeping up with the boys on a trip is tough. My youngest still doesn't sleep well, so it makes trips even harder. I will try to be around more often when we get home. But I am grateful to have this room of ladies.

Mrs_P
December 3rd, 2012, 03:29 PM

My son wanted a girl for ds3 but they are really close. In reality my three boys fight less now there are 3 of them. When there was two if one was in a bad mood and one was bored or lonely they'd just irritate each other, now there is 3, the one in the mood gets their space whilst the other two play together, then once the one is over his sulk they join in. Now there is a choice they rub along together really well and get on both as a few sets of twos and as a complete threesome.

Hopefully you will get your little girl, but if not 3 boys are great x

Mrs_P
December 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM

Oh ignore them, she was probably having a bad day, bad days are horrible and really get me down but then they are for us few and far between and i had them with two boys just the same. Three boys are really special, you will never be short of someone to love you or kisses, you are treated like a princess and told regularly how great you are and they will have such lovely brotherly bonding moments that will melt your heart and easily make you forget the bad days x

Mrs_P
December 3rd, 2012, 03:46 PM
One more note whilst i'm sticking my nose in your thread........as to the age gap thing my eldest (nearly 8) and my youngest (2) have the strongest bond and they never ever fight - ds3 idiolises ds1 and ds1 lets him get away with anything

Tiffani3
December 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
One more note whilst i'm sticking my nose in your thread........as to the age gap thing my eldest (nearly 8) and my youngest (2) have the strongest bond and they never ever fight - ds3 idiolises ds1 and ds1 lets him get away with anything

That's the same as mine mrs p but my ds1 is 10 and ds3 is 2 and they get on so so well, ds1 will do anything and every thing for him! He gets him out of bed every morning and they have breakfast together it's so sweet. I hope this little one has a special bond with ds2 xx

TT_3814
December 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Wow, a lot of us had GD with our 3rd DSs

The truth is in my signature, my older two boys still fight like they always have but the hilarious part is, DS3 jumps in with a pillow every time. Next thing you know everyone is in a fit of laughter. :P For us, DS3 is our peacemaker, they all have their moments of course but for the most part, 3 boys are awesome! To the "you'll find out" lady, Jark don't pay her any mind, I have to agree there must be something seriously lacking in her life. That doesn't mean that's going to be you. Your sweet baby boy will be such an amazing addition to your family. :HH:

Lassie1982
December 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM
Jark I'm sorry it's still hurting :( and sorry you've had to deal with those stupid stupid comments. Trust me I know what that like, the best way is to just stick it back at the ferociously.

Surgena, the skull theory is total bollcks. The skull doesn't form into the gender related shapes until puberty, so the theory is not even worth the paper it's written on.
Fx you have your girl (I really think you do) not long now till you find out

So sorry about your granny shell :( sending you lots of love and hugs

Update on me, I'm doing ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) I'm probably a 7.
My heart still drops every time I see a girl. And I've been doing some online shopping and my i feel this slight pang of pain when I see cute pink things. But I'm really hoping, and really trying so hard to work towards making that stop. I feel so guilty for feeling those moments of sadness, I know that everything I feel goes directly into the baby, and I feel like I owe it to him to be 100% happy, he has done nothing wrong, it's not his fault he has a penis, he is just growing away nicely, and all he wants is to be loved, as pure and simple as that. He doesn't deserve for me to feel any disappointment in him.....which is where my minutes of guilt come from.

I've been analysing my sway, and really I should have fully expected a fail, all I had was dietamd vegetarianism, nothing else. And I was taking soy as well!
In hindsight I now know that the reason I didn't fall pregnant is because of my tilted uterus NOT because of all the swaying stuff. So if we go back for 3 I'm confidant I can have a strong sway and still fall pregnant. But then I see all the strong failed sways and think, maybe I just don't bother. Maybe we just DTD and cross our fingers for all that is worth. Anyways that's a long way off yet, we'd want at least a 3 year gap. Heck, maybe by then there will be some scientific advance!

I bit the bullet and decided to tell my co workers. I was tossing up wether I would, but I decided to do it. I figured why should I hide his gender like some shameful secret just because they are ignorant and hurtful. He is my son. I love him. And I'm ferociously protective of him already. So I told them all its a boy, and then the "oh dears" and "I'm sorry's" started rolling in. So I just told them I was actually overjoyed, that there was nothing to be sorry for because I am so proud of the fact that I have another son growing inside me, I have a happy, healthy baby growing inside of me, and anyone who can't see the joy in that needs to be sorry for themselves, not for me.
I really don't know where that came from, because I am the quiet submissive type, but not only did they believe it, but it put an end to all their commentary. One of them even apologised!
So my advice to anyone having trouble with comments is to stick it to them firmly, let them see that you are proud and in love (fake it till you make it if you have to) and it shuts them up.

So all in all I think I am doing ok. I am truly head over heels in love, he is mine, a creation that me and the man that I love made together, I wouldn't swap him, even though he is still in utero, I wouldn't swap him. This little soul chose us, and I'm embracing the miracle of life. I can't change that he has a penis, the only thing I can change is how I react to it. It's entirely my choice wether I choose to be sad and disappointed, or wether I choose to accept it and love him for who he is, my son. I keep playing that in my head, and it honestly makes it so much easier to smile, and so much easier to push to the back of my mind the desire for pink. All this little man wants is to be loved, just love, and I can give him that, I might not be able to give him the best toys, the best books, the best gadgets, but I can give him the best of my love, and I will do exactly that.

Thanks for letting me rant girls. It's such a relief to be able to get everything out of my head!

suregena
December 3rd, 2012, 05:46 PM
Jark I'm sorry it's still hurting :( and sorry you've had to deal with those stupid stupid comments. Trust me I know what that like, the best way is to just stick it back at the ferociously.

Surgena, the skull theory is total bollcks. The skull doesn't form into the gender related shapes until puberty, so the theory is not even worth the paper it's written on.
Fx you have your girl (I really think you do) not long now till you find out

So sorry about your granny shell :( sending you lots of love and hugs

Update on me, I'm doing ok. On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being the best) I'm probably a 7.
My heart still drops every time I see a girl. And I've been doing some online shopping and my i feel this slight pang of pain when I see cute pink things. But I'm really hoping, and really trying so hard to work towards making that stop. I feel so guilty for feeling those moments of sadness, I know that everything I feel goes directly into the baby, and I feel like I owe it to him to be 100% happy, he has done nothing wrong, it's not his fault he has a penis, he is just growing away nicely, and all he wants is to be loved, as pure and simple as that. He doesn't deserve for me to feel any disappointment in him.....which is where my minutes of guilt come from.

I'm glad you're doing okay... keep trying to look forward to this new little being coming into your life... <3 He'll be beautiful and you'll fall in love with him!

I knew it! No wonder the skull theory just doesn't make any sense to me! 9 days until gender scan.

spinningmadly
December 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
I agree. I don't put any stock into skull theory. and I'm even hesitant about nubs before 13 weeks.

Lassie- I know part of the reason I expect mine to fail is because my cycle was SO messed up and I kept getting positive OPK's so we DTD like I don't know 17 times?!? before I ovulated. I ovulated so late, day 40 almost.

We dtd every day/every other with ds1 and ds2 but close to ovulation, not that many times!

With dd it was a surprise before we were expecting and it was ONE time. Wasn't charting or tracking anything so I don't even know when. I just know we only DTD once without protection in that month.

So anyway I am assuming this time I caught another boy since the frequency was more like the boys.

Cinss
December 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM
I'm going for my scan in 1.5hrs :) im really excited to see my baby again, hopefully they can confirm its a boy :fx: I will update as soon as i can :)

suregena
December 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Good luck! I hope it's a sweet boy for you! :)

3girlsinarow
December 3rd, 2012, 07:52 PM
I'm going for my scan in 1.5hrs :) im really excited to see my baby again, hopefully they can confirm its a boy :fx: I will update as soon as i can :)

Yippeee...praying you get a boy confirmation, Cinss....can't wait to hear!

Turning the page
December 3rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Lassie--your post warmed my heart and nearly brought me to tears! Thank you for writing this; if I find out that I'm baking a little blue bean in there, I feel so much better already. :) So happy for you!!
Cinss---will be stalking all night here, so don't leave us hanging too long--lol! j/k ;)

Bimby
December 3rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
stalking for updates :):):)

mrshonyez
December 3rd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Stalking as well :)

TT_3814
December 3rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
Sending you all of my blue dust, Cinss! xx Will check back in the morning..

Cinss
December 3rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Thanks everyone for all the blue dust :) It worked and i have a little boy cooking :) I got a dvd of the scan which went for over an hour (because there were students practicing on me) But best of all HE lol is healthy and happy kicking around and holding his own hands and sucking his thumb. It feels so strange to finally be saying him and he, we are both thrilled :)

mrshonyez
December 3rd, 2012, 11:57 PM
Woo hoo!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you :) enjoy buying lots of blue!

Bimby
December 4th, 2012, 12:13 AM
so happy for you!!! it must feel wonderful!!! happy shopping xoxo

homebirthing princess
December 4th, 2012, 12:51 AM
So happy for u cinss congratulations hunni! Yay a little boy :) xx

luckylass
December 4th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Delighted for you Cinss, you and your dh must be thrilled. Now enjoy buying blue. Boys are wonderful, I remember hoping my first two would be boys and the excitement at going and buying baby blue for them after we found out. So delighted your baby is the little man you dreamed of.

Rosie85
December 4th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Yay Cinss! Congrats and happy shopping!

Tiffani3
December 4th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Congratulations cinss defiantly a little man cooking in there xx

Balanchine
December 4th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Congrats Cinss :bluecheer:

Jark, if I've not already said it, I'm so sorry you didn't hear pink, and even more sorry you're having to deal with stupid thoughtless comments!

Lassie - I just loved your post. It's exactly how I feel but I'm rubbish at putting things into words and it's why I only felt that disappointment for a teeny tiny second before just loving and wanting to protect my newest little blue babe. :xy:

ynwa
December 4th, 2012, 03:32 AM
Cinss that's just fabulous,so happy for you and you family,:.)

Turning the page
December 4th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Woo hoo!!! So glad to hear the great news, Cinss!! Xoxo :)

Wishing4Pink
December 4th, 2012, 05:37 AM
So happy for you cinss, huge congrats on your little boy!!!!! x

homebirthing princess
December 4th, 2012, 08:21 AM
Hope your ok today spinning? Iam I right in thinking its your scan tomorrow? I'm praying so hard for u to hear pink xxx

mummypink
December 4th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Just for a bit of fun see if this is right for any of you Baby Gender Predictor Test (http://www.babygendertool.com/babygender/baby-gender-test.aspx)

It got both my boys correct but says this one is going to be a girl ... I'm thinking the willy on the scan was probably more accurate! ;)

Huge congrats Cinss!

Spinning I am hoping and praying everything goes well at your scan and that you hear girl. xx

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Congrats cinss!

Thanks everyone. My scan is tomorrow at 1 ... Eek!!
I'm nervous bc i know ds1 wants to see the baby but I'm afraid of my reaction if I hear boy. Since he's already dead set on girl I don't want to make that worse.
I could always leave him at my sil :/

mummypink
December 4th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Just saw this and had to share it ....

TT_3814
December 4th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Awesome Cinss, huge congrats!!!! :bluecheer: :bluecheer:

TT_3814
December 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Pink thoughts for your scan tomorrow, Spinning! :)

Brandles
December 4th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Huge Congratulations, Cinss!!!! :bluecheer:

Mummy, I tried the test you posted and it was right with my 1st two boys, but said my 3rd was a girl... And this one depends on when I actually conceived. It's either 8/30 or 9/1... Must have been Sept, but I'm measuring a few days ahead so idk? Fun though!!! Btw, I love that quote you posted, thanks for sharing!!!

Spinning, sending pink dust your way!!! :HH:

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Lol it was wrong for ds1 , right for ds2, wrong for the baby we lost and says boy now

auroara78
December 4th, 2012, 10:14 AM
mummypink, I can't resist those gender predicting tests! Well, it got my three children right, so that was a bit odd. Most of those test inverse the genders of my children.

Lassie, bravo! I read your post and my eyes started to tear up....I love that you are being so protective over your man...heck, once I found out DD was a girl, the comments I got were still astouding...like "Thank God, you must be relieved." I felt so bad for what would have been DS3 if the baby had been a boy...people are stupid and ignorant. And like you said, the baby is the miracle of life, and something that you created with your beloved husband. A baby is a gift! I swear sometimes I think it was the gender comments with DS2 that made me feel that if I didn't have a DD my life would somehow be incomplete....I wish people would just say "congratulations!" and be genuiely happy for our blessings.

Oh btw, congrats Cniss!! I'm so happy for you!

3girlsinarow
December 4th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Congratulations Cinss! I am so happy for you! Enjoy all the blue shopping.....
:babym:

mrshonyez
December 4th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mummypink, it was right for my first 2 but said this one should be a girl. So 2/3 right!

So I have a question. There are days where I will randomly feel like I could pass out. I don't get dizzy or anything, I just suddenly feel terrible and feel like I can't even move. It especially sucks when I'm trying to leave to get to an appointment :/ Has anyone else felt like this, or know what might be causing it?

suregena
December 4th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Just for a bit of fun see if this is right for any of you Baby Gender Predictor Test (http://www.babygendertool.com/babygender/baby-gender-test.aspx)

It got both my boys correct but says this one is going to be a girl ... I'm thinking the willy on the scan was probably more accurate! ;)

It said boy for my son and boy for this one.

homebirthing princess
December 4th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Good luck for tomorrow spinning I will be thinking of u x

Mummy its right for all of mine, think thats the only one I've done where its been correct for all my babies x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 4th, 2012, 12:35 PM
It was wrong for me. Said this baby was a girl. Maybe his penis fell off!!! lol

mummypink
December 4th, 2012, 01:30 PM
lol ThreeMen!

Its funny it is the first one I have done that has got both my boys right, most of them say ds1 or ds2 should have been a girl! Shame it isn't right for this one though! Every test I have done has said this one should be a girl, I know they are just a bit of fun though.

mummypink
December 4th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Mummypink, it was right for my first 2 but said this one should be a girl. So 2/3 right!

So I have a question. There are days where I will randomly feel like I could pass out. I don't get dizzy or anything, I just suddenly feel terrible and feel like I can't even move. It especially sucks when I'm trying to leave to get to an appointment :/ Has anyone else felt like this, or know what might be causing it?

Could it be your iron levels hun? I get like that if my iron levels are low, and sometimes due to my blood pressure as I have always had low blood pressure so it doesn't have to drop by much to make me feel wiped out.
With ds2 I had to take extra iron tablets on top of my pregnancy multivit to keep my iron levels normal. Sounds like it is worth you getting checked out, and take it easy in the meantime! xx

Rosie85
December 4th, 2012, 01:55 PM

I got this a lot with my first. Actually I fainted twice. The only time I got it last time was right before pushing him out and this time I have had it a few times. I get really really hot and then I feel like the walls are closing in and things go black a bit. It for me has nothing to do with eating. I do notice my heart gets super fast sometimes. Doc says it's just a pregnancy thing, with all the extra blood. Nothing much to do about it and it doesn't hurt anything as long as you don't faint. YOu are suppose to lay down when it happens.

mrshonyez
December 4th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Thanks ladies! I had thought about my blood pressure as its always on the lower side... But I didn't think about the iron. To be completely honest, I have a hard time remembering to take my prenatals, so that's a big possibility. I'll try harder to remember and see if it helps! I do usually lay down when it happens. It just usually happens at the worst times of course. I'll definitely ask the doc about it if it continues.

3blue2013
December 4th, 2012, 02:13 PM

I actually had this happen to me with DS2 and have it worse this time around. I just spoke to the Dr. about it last week. She said it is caused by two things, dehydration and low blood sugar. She told me to make sure I am drinking at least 2 liters of water per day and eating every 2-3 hours. I also dress in layers when I go out so if I feel it coming on I can take something off to help cool me off. Plus taking water/snacks every where is key. Hope that helps!

suregena
December 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Thanks ladies! I had thought about my blood pressure as its always on the lower side... But I didn't think about the iron. To be completely honest, I have a hard time remembering to take my prenatals, so that's a big possibility. I'll try harder to remember and see if it helps! I do usually lay down when it happens. It just usually happens at the worst times of course. I'll definitely ask the doc about it if it continues.

As I'm vegetarian, I have to be conscious of my iron intake. This pregnancy it has been excellent and it was excellent in my other pregnancy EXCEPT when I stopped eating well and was having a hard time because my grandmother died when I was 23 weeks pregnant. I became faint multiple times when we had a friend over... it was really scary. I realized that it had to be down to my eating. The blood test taken from that bad month showed my iron was low so was put on iron by my midwife, which sorted me out. But, really, it was ALL my fault from failing to nourish my son that month because I was so distraught from my grandmother dying (I didn't get to go to her funeral because I am in the UK and all of my family are in the US....)

So, DEFINITELY look into the iron!

suregena
December 4th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Watching a show about couples going through IVF... and I know a lot of women here have had to use various kinds of fertility treatments... and I just feel devastated for them when I watch it... whether or not they are successful, because it seems so intense and stressful and can be heartbreaking.

It makes me very thankful to even manage to get pregnant as easily as I do and puts it into perspective to be grateful for the child I carry, whether it is a boy or a girl. Getting pregnant is such a thing in itself... so many things involved in general... it's amazing most manage to get pregnant in the first place. It's such a complicated process!

mummypink
December 4th, 2012, 03:24 PM
You're so right Suregena. x

Rosie85
December 4th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Yup you are right surgena. For me it's the opposite of difficult to get pregnant. I get pregnant first try everytime and have never had a miscarriage. It is very easy for me to take for granted my fertility and good reproductive health. Granted because of all that good health and fertility...I make boys. I am thankful..very very thankful and would rather have a billoin boys then go through some struggles I have seen other women have to go through. It is so heart breaking. Really puts it into perspective for me.

suregena
December 4th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I had two miscarriages with my first pregnancies before my son (the third pregnancy)... but I always got pregnant easily. To have to even WORK and TRY so hard to get pregnant in the first place, only for it to not be successful or to lose it... ahhhg. Just heartbreaking!

Cinss
December 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Best of luck for your scan Spinning :) how far away is it, ill be stalking!

Salberrie39
December 4th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm due 24 May 2013 told boy at 14 week scan can't wait to find out for sure 4 January at 20 week scan. Congrats ladies and all the best On the the future delivery of your sweet little bundles :)

Lassie1982
December 4th, 2012, 04:34 PM

It could be low blood pressure Hun, I get exactly that. Mine was a bit more complex though, I was low in sodium and protein, which lowered by blood pressure even further.
It could be any number of things.
Dehydration is another big one that could cause.
Definitely get it checked out so you can pin point the cause, get your blood pressure checked and a full blood check

Lassie1982
December 4th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Cinns!!! Congrats again chick!! So happy for you, now go do some blue shopping!

Spinning - is your scan today??

Thanks for the kind words girls, you have no idea how much you all mean to me!

Rosie85
December 4th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Welcome salberrie!

Butterfly Spirit
December 4th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Yup you are right surgena. For me it's the opposite of difficult to get pregnant. I get pregnant first try everytime and have never had a miscarriage. It is very easy for me to take for granted my fertility and good reproductive health. Granted because of all that good health and fertility...I make boys. I am thankful..very very thankful and would rather have a billoin boys then go through some struggles I have seen other women have to go through. It is so heart breaking. Really puts it into perspective for me.

So TRUE! I used to watch the ladies on youtube have losses and then get pregnant again, and I never understood their constant worry once they were pregnant again! I Thought: "It's a new pregnancy, it has nothing to do with your loss..it's OK!" Well, once I was in their shoes I knew exactly how it felt! I was terrified even around 12 weeks! I never stopped worrying. My doppler that I ended up using daily for awhile kept me sane! And I just kept praying I would keep this little one and no longer cared about the gender! I watched videos of DS#2 and my heart melted at the thought of another sweet little bundle of blue that would be close me. I couldn't believe the change and I even told my DH. Once you have lost a little life, once you have another little life back.. it's just an amazing feeling as you go through your pregnancy.. safely out of the first trimester, then the middle of the second and finally now the third trimester! It's SUCH a relief to have made it! I know she's happy in there, she kicks me more and harder than my boys ever did and it's like she hardly ever stops moving to reassure me "I'm okay mom! Don't worry about me! And I'll be there soon!"

TT_3814
December 4th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Hi Salberrie! :)

Brandles
December 4th, 2012, 06:02 PM
So TRUE! I used to watch the ladies on youtube have losses and then get pregnant again, and I never understood their constant worry once they were pregnant again! I Thought: "It's a new pregnancy, it has nothing to do with your loss..it's OK!" Well, once I was in their shoes I knew exactly how it felt! I was terrified even around 12 weeks! I never stopped worrying. My doppler that I ended up using daily for awhile kept me sane! And I just kept praying I would keep this little one and no longer cared about the gender! I watched videos of DS#2 and my heart melted at the thought of another sweet little bundle of blue that would be close me. I couldn't believe the change and I even told my DH. Once you have lost a little life, once you have another little life back.. it's just an amazing feeling as you go through your pregnancy.. safely out of the first trimester, then the middle of the second and finally now the third trimester! It's SUCH a relief to have made it! I know she's happy in there, she kicks me more and harder than my boys ever did and it's like she hardly ever stops moving to reassure me "I'm okay mom! Don't worry about me! And I'll be there soon!"

I love this!! So true! I've lost three little ones at weeks, 5 weeks and 10 weeks. The last one was the hardest at 10 weeks and every little twinge or cramp I question. I don't want to wish my pregnancy by, but I can't wait to hold my little girl in my arms!!!

Welcome Salberrie, you're due the day before me!!! Congratulations!!!

Bimby
December 4th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Watching a show about couples going through IVF... and I know a lot of women here have had to use various kinds of fertility treatments... and I just feel devastated for them when I watch it... whether or not they are successful, because it seems so intense and stressful and can be heartbreaking.

It makes me very thankful to even manage to get pregnant as easily as I do and puts it into perspective to be grateful for the child I carry, whether it is a boy or a girl. Getting pregnant is such a thing in itself... so many things involved in general... it's amazing most manage to get pregnant in the first place. It's such a complicated process!

So true, we did IVF for DS1 - It was the most stressful and challenging time of our lives. I had surgery in 05 to treat endometriosis, tried for a year and then went through fertility treatments and then IVF for another 18months. We had to do 3 cycles of IVF with one FET - the first cycle resulted in pregnancy, lost one very early on and the other carried on until 8.5 weeks, that was so hard as I had to have a D&C and the emotions were ten fold. We tried again at that clinic with another cycle and a FET (all unsuccessful) so I decided that we needed to try a different clinic - So glad we did as that cycle resulted in our gorgeous little man and I am forever grateful!!! We decided to just see what happened after having him so we tracked and avoided O for the first 6 months and then tried for Baby number 2 - It took 8 months but we did it on our own and I was amazed after all the stress of the first.. moved forward to now and found out in Feb that I had a massive fibroid on my uterus (2kg worth) had surgery in May and here we are with B3, our beautiful "mishap" that I am so truly grateful for, I cant believe after all we went through we could go on to get pregnant twice on our own.. IT truly is amazing to see what our bodies can achieve and I feel so much for anyone going through fertility treatments. I also cannot imagine losing a baby/child, I feel so much grief for the parents it breaks my heart :(
Sorry I rambled a bit there lol

Spinning I cant wait to hear your news hun, I am keeping everything crossed that all is well and you hear pink today. Will be thinking of you, update when you can :):):):):)

Brandles
December 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
We just left our OB office and my Dr scanned me as I hoped she would. I'm officially definitely having a little girl!!! It's been confirmed three times now. I think I can stop obsessing over it!!! :running: I am so thrilled and over the moon that after having three wonderful boys, I'm finally getting my daughter. :pregnant:

BUT, I'm heartbroken and don't know how to deal with my Husband who is sad, disappointed, and not excited at all. I want to cry!!! When we had ds3 and I was told girl in the beginning and confirmed boy at elective scan at 18 weeks we were both devastated, although he handled it a lot better than me, but was still disappointed we were having a boy. Somedays even though I was grieving that little girl I thought I was carrying I found myself comforting him and reassuring him it was going to be ok. I have no idea why the change if heart. I've been hearing that he wants a boy for the last 4 weeks or so and I don't know what to do. At first I thought it was because he didn't want to be GD again, but today he said he wanted a brother for ds3 that was closer in age and because we already have all boy stuff a boy would've been easier. :SS: Makes me want to cry.

Any advice on how to handle a husband with GD? I seriously feel so guilty being so excited.

Thanks for listening ladies, it feels better so type it out.

Bimby
December 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Congrats on hearing PINK Brandles, so happy for you :):):) I guess maybe just give your DH time to digest the news. I dont think you should change how happy you are, you've had 3 boys so of course you are going to be happy to have a princess finally and Im sure your DH understands your happiness. All I can suggest is allowing your DH time and spcae to get his head around it and Im sure will be ok - Congrats again xoxo

Cinss
December 4th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Brandles maybe your DH is just putting up a defense, like saying he wants a boy for the last 4 weeks just in case it was a boy he didnt want to feel that GD again after what happened last time. You could show him this a girl and her brothers » ashleyannphotography.com (http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2010/12/07/a-girl-and-her-brothers/) i pinched it from another thread on here, and i think it is so amazing and sweet. Im sure your DH will come around and love his little girl in a totally new exciting way.

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 06:52 PM
He might just have some gd of his own. But he will come around I'm sure like everyone else here has that has gd, he might just need some time.
I'm sad you can't share the excitement with him tho.

Bimby
December 4th, 2012, 07:27 PM
I love that page you posted Cinss, so cute!!!

Butterfly Spirit
December 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM

:cheer: Brandles, how wonderful!!!You must be over the moon and then some!!!!! :cheer:

With your hubby I would just tell him how wonderful of a bond your daughter is going to have with her daddy. She's going to wrap him around his little finger..Maybe show him that video on youtube "There's Goes My Life" By Kenny Chesney

Turning the page
December 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Welcome Salberrie! We share the same due date...there are a few of us due the last week of May. Glad to have you, and congrats! :) Did you sway at all?

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Ugh I feel sick to my stomach about my scan.

Turning the page
December 4th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Is it today or tomorrow? I can't remember where you live! Nervous and excited for you, Spinning! :)

Bimby
December 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Oh Spinning I can imagine!!! How long have you got to wait?? I feel sick everytime I think about my scan and I have 28 days to go lol Lord knows what Id be like with only hours... Hang in there, Good Luck hon xoxox

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 09:12 PM
It's tomorrow.. I'm on the east coast.. At 1 pm

Cinss
December 4th, 2012, 09:57 PM

I know how that feels ;) you need to do something to distract your mind, haha i know its almost impossible though. Your not going to sleep very deeply tonight. I actually had a dream about my scan the night before and it was a boy for me in my dream, i just thought it was cool because i am not one to have premonition dreams or anything.

spinningmadly
December 4th, 2012, 11:30 PM
every time I think its a boy and lose hope bc my MS gets a little better.. it gets worse again the next day and I feel like it gives me false hope that it might be a girl. ugh

Rosie85
December 5th, 2012, 12:52 AM
Wishing you luck tomorrow spinning! We are here and waiting for whatever news you bring!

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 01:25 AM
Rosie i can't remember, did you end up having a 12 week US?

Tiffani3
December 5th, 2012, 01:59 AM
We just left our OB office and my Dr scanned me as I hoped she would. I'm officially definitely having a little girl!!! It's been confirmed three times now. I think I can stop obsessing over it!!! :running: I am so thrilled and over the moon that after having three wonderful boys, I'm finally getting my daughter. :pregnant:

BUT, I'm heartbroken and don't know how to deal with my Husband who is sad, disappointed, and not excited at all. I want to cry!!! When we had ds3 and I was told girl in the beginning and confirmed boy at elective scan at 18 weeks we were both devastated, although he handled it a lot better than me, but was still disappointed we were having a boy. Somedays even though I was grieving that little girl I thought I was carrying I found myself comforting him and reassuring him it was going to be ok. I have no idea why the change if heart. I've been hearing that he wants a boy for the last 4 weeks or so and I don't know what to do. At first I thought it was because he didn't want to be GD again, but today he said he wanted a brother for ds3 that was closer in age and because we already have all boy stuff a boy would've been easier. :SS: Makes me want to cry.

Any advice on how to handle a husband with GD? I seriously feel so guilty being so excited.

Thanks for listening ladies, it feels better so type it out.

Yay congratulations sweetie so pleased for you.
Maybe your dh is scared, he'll be ok just give him time xx

Tiffani3
December 5th, 2012, 02:01 AM

Good luck today will be thinking of you. Wishing pink news for you xx

luckylass
December 5th, 2012, 02:19 AM
Best of luck today spinning, praying for pink for you.

suregena
December 5th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Hope the scan goes well, spinning! Deep breaths!

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Best of luck Spinning, thinking of you. xxx

Bimby
December 5th, 2012, 04:32 AM
so whats the time now where you are spinning?? It's 5.30pm on 5th here so I am imagining it is early morning for you??? Trying to keep track.. Hoping I wont be asleep for your update - Good Luck again x

Wishing4Pink
December 5th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Good luck today Spinning. I made myself so ill while waiting for my scan last week, kept having to pop to the loo and felt so sick. Hope the day doesn't drag for you x

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Just when I start to think I'm doing ok with my gd I get a day where I just feel so sad about it again. :(

We've been doing some decorating and I've been sorting loads of things out, I have a suitcase that I store summer/ winter bits in and I also had some nice dresses that are too small for me but I was saving because I thought I could use the fabric to make a lovely dress for my own daughter one day. Made me remember that my wedding dress is being stored in my mums attic too. I've put the dresses from the case into a bag for the charity shop because it just made me feel so sad and cross to see them. I feel like I may as well do the same with my wedding dress too, what's the point in saving it. :(
I've also got a box full of baby girls clothes that a friend gave me just in case we ever have a girl, I'm just going to charity shop it as it is too painful to keep hold of.

I just feel so sad and cross, I know I will love my new little man to pieces and I truly feel blessed to be lucky enough to have three children but it doesn't take the hurt away that there is a good chance I will never have a daughter.

I'm still not sure whether number 4 would be an option for us in the future, I go from having days where I think no way we have to stop at three, to other days where I think maybe in a couple of years if we are in a position where another baby is a possibility then I shouldn't rule it out. Then I have days like today where I think what is the point?! I'd be over 35 so the risks of having complications would go up and I'd probably have another boy anyway.

I dreamt last night that I had another scan and it was a girl which is probably why I feel so cross and fed up today.

I so hope you come back with good news Spinning, I am saying lots of prayers for you and keeping everything crossed! xxxx

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Good luck today spinning, thinking of u xxx

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Just when I start to think I'm doing ok with my gd I get a day where I just feel so sad about it again. :(

We've been doing some decorating and I've been sorting loads of things out, I have a suitcase that I store summer/ winter bits in and I also had some nice dresses that are too small for me but I was saving because I thought I could use the fabric to make a lovely dress for my own daughter one day. Made me remember that my wedding dress is being stored in my mums attic too. I've put the dresses from the case into a bag for the charity shop because it just made me feel so sad and cross to see them. I feel like I may as well do the same with my wedding dress too, what's the point in saving it. :(
I've also got a box full of baby girls clothes that a friend gave me just in case we ever have a girl, I'm just going to charity shop it as it is too painful to keep hold of.

I just feel so sad and cross, I know I will love my new little man to pieces and I truly feel blessed to be lucky enough to have three children but it doesn't take the hurt away that there is a good chance I will never have a daughter.

I'm still not sure whether number 4 would be an option for us in the future, I go from having days where I think no way we have to stop at three, to other days where I think maybe in a couple of years if we are in a position where another baby is a possibility then I shouldn't rule it out. Then I have days like today where I think what is the point?! I'd be over 35 so the risks of having complications would go up and I'd probably have another boy anyway.

I dreamt last night that I had another scan and it was a girl which is probably why I feel so cross and fed up today.

I so hope you come back with good news Spinning, I am saying lots of prayers for you and keeping everything crossed! xxxx

im sorry your having such a bad day hun!! big big hugs coming your way!! wish there was something i could say to help you :( xxx

Tiffani3
December 5th, 2012, 06:36 AM

Oh sweetie big hugs to you.
I think you should at least keep your wedding dress if you don't go on to have a 4th you could save it for your granddaughters??

3girlsinarow
December 5th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Thinking of you and praying you hear pink, Spinning. I'm on the east coast as well, so I'll obesess down to the minute with you. :fx:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Mummypink, don't give anything away. I really think you'll regret it. Have this baby and see what happens. Before I had my 3rd I said I was done. When she got here, I wanted another one. Having 4 kids is AMAZING!!! I'm not trying to push you in that direction. I just want you to wait and see my friend. Maybe you won't want any more. But maybe you will. And if you do, and it's your dd, you want have these things to hand down to her. We love you mummpink!!!

suregena
December 5th, 2012, 09:42 AM
My mother and husband have stated both strongly they think I'm having a girl. One week exactly until I find out. Eek. :(

3girlsinarow
December 5th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Hi everyone, I don't think I've posted much on this thread yet but I am due May 7th. Had a scan today at 18+1 (I decided this out of the blue)...like most of the ladies on here I am also expecting a boy!

Welcome! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy....I know he will be wonderful! I am due May 1st...so we're very close in due dates...but I always have c-sections, so I'll have my baby boy probably on April 24th or 25th.

3girlsinarow
December 5th, 2012, 09:53 AM
My mother and husband have stated both strongly they think I'm having a girl. One week exactly until I find out. Eek. :(

EEK was exactly how I felt....like I wanted to know but didn't want to know..............at least it puts us out of the misery of waiting..............praying all my pink dust from my past over you!

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
stalking.....i have no idea of the time difference between us but i keep checking this thread for updates!! xx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 10:14 AM
Lol it's at 100 and right now it's 1015. So still almost 3 hours to go!

ynwa
December 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Hbp and I will both be back at 6 ish :.)x

Rosie85
December 5th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Rosie i can't remember, did you end up having a 12 week US?

Nope I did not :-) couldn't justify it

Rosie85
December 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
2 hours spinning!

3boys
December 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I'm also stalking :)

3girlsinarow
December 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
2 more hours for Spinning.....can't wait to hear..................:cheerteam:

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Mummypink, don't give anything away. I really think you'll regret it. Have this baby and see what happens. Before I had my 3rd I said I was done. When she got here, I wanted another one. Having 4 kids is AMAZING!!! I'm not trying to push you in that direction. I just want you to wait and see my friend. Maybe you won't want any more. But maybe you will. And if you do, and it's your dd, you want have these things to hand down to her. We love you mummpink!!!

Awww, thanks Threemen, that brought tears to my eyes. So glad I have all you lovely ladies to understand how I feel, sorry for my downer post earlier. I was just feeling so fed up! I think it showed because my ds1 came up to me and gave me a cuddle and said 'I love you mummy' made my heart melt.
I am getting excited to meet my new little man, I can't wait to see what he looks like and get those gorgeous newborn cuddles. This gd is so weird, on the one hand I'm excited about meeting my new little man and on the other I feel sad I'm not getting the daughter I keep dreaming about!

Can't remember if I've said this in another post but I've decided to do rainbow colours this time for bedding etc as I am so bored of boys stuff! My mum is knitting me some lovely blankets, and I've been picking out brightly coloured boys stuff which is helping me to get excited about it all. :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Mummypink I get the same feelings. I'm happy one day, and the next day I'm sad that we won't be adding another girl to our family. Hopefully those days will start to fade soon. But we're always here and you're never a downer...your real, and we love you for it.

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Thank you! I love you all too :D

Spinning - I am stalking for an update and have my fingers firmly crossed for you still. xx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Ugh I'm dreading this. I know shes going to say boy. Maybe it's better to not know

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Thinking of u spinning, I hope u hear the news u want hun xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 01:31 PM
I hope to God you have a phone Spinning, and update asap. I've had a nervous belly for you all morning. Praying for pink!!!!

coocoobananas
December 5th, 2012, 01:39 PM

Mummypink big hugs!!!! I was there yesterday! I have more good days than good, but those bad days hurt a lot!!
Why why why??????? I know exactly how you feel:( it will change when they get here, I hold onto that!

ynwa
December 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Stalking spinning:.)

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks Coocoo, sending you a hug right back. xxx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
It's a...

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:12 PM
I'm building suspense

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Ahhhhhh

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Come on women x

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Lol girl!!!'
She checked a lot of times in 2d and 3d
No penis
And definite labia!!

ynwa
December 5th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Lol girl!!!'
She checked a lot of times in 2d and 3d
No penis
And definite labia!!

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhh woooo hooo so happy for you x

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 02:16 PM
Omg omg omg! I am soooooooo happy for you my lovely, seriously have tears in my eyes! Congratulations on your beautiful little girl u must be thrilled xxxxxxxx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I am! Also nervous! But she looks great growing exactly right. She said she can look again for me if I get nervous in the next couple weeks just to check on baby!

suregena
Awww, spinning! I could cry for you! HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!

spinningmadly
I'm in shock, I was sure she was going to say boy

Shellbelle
Lol the suspense building had me ready to smack you through the phone!!! I knew it!!! Congrats!!! I'm so so so happy for you that I'm crying!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Best news all day!!!! So happy for you spinning!!!!! Thank goodness we have some pink in here. Glad it was you that heard it!!!

Shellbelle
Best news all day!!!! So happy for you spinning!!!!! Thank goodness we have some pink in here. Glad it was you that heard it!!!

And now your computer is safe. ;)

spinningmadly
Lol!! Shell our nubs are similar .. Fx for you!!

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'm so glad I can share this with all of you! It makes it more special that you all understand !!!

homebirthing princess
December 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I can imagine you must be nervous sweetie but everything will be fine! And its lovely you can be re scanned again. Did u get any pics I'd love to see her :)

So happy for you xxx

mrshonyez
December 5th, 2012, 02:21 PM
YAY Spinning!! I'm so happy for you! I'm glad I popped on here real quick to see the news :) Congrtulations!!!!!!!

suregena
December 5th, 2012, 02:22 PM
CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE!!! :)

3girlsinarow
December 5th, 2012, 02:27 PM
:princess:Congratulations Spinning! So happy for you and your family!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 02:34 PM
And now your computer is safe. ;)

I was just thinking the same thing.

3boys
December 5th, 2012, 02:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! YAY YAY YAY