PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 5th, 2012, 02:40 PM
When I woke up this morning I thought to myself if Spinning doesn't hear girl today, I think I will take a step back from the boards for a bit. It breaks my heart to read and still feel sadness sometimes at the thought of another boy. I do think we were all sent to this thread for a reason, but when you're dealing with your own gd it's hard to read about someone else's without feeding into their's and making it worse for everyone...if that makes sense.
But I feel so much better now that you are having a GIRL!!!! You really deserve this pink bundle Spinning. Can't wait to see pics of her when she arrives. You can put the money you would've spent on ht in a college fund for her...lol!!!

Balanchine
December 5th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Great news spinning! :highfive:

mummypink
December 5th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Huge congratulations Spinning!!!!!!!!!! That is FANTASTIC news! Absolutely made my day! :D xxxxxxxxxxxx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Lol I will when I get home and I'll post pics, she gave me a ton! She was being stubborn and wouldn't show us her face much and she tried and tried to check her palette lol. So i have a longgg DVD and lots of pics.

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I called my sil to tell her, only person i know I'm telling! Ad she said oh good! I was praying for girl for you! (my brother is too scared to get snipped on his own and wants my dh to go with him!!) Hahahaa

Tiffani3
December 5th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Omg omg yay yay yay I'm soooooooo happy for you congratulations sweetie
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thorz300
December 5th, 2012, 03:01 PM
YAY!!!!

Mrs_P
December 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Oh Spinning congratulations hunny you brought tears to my eyes, made my day. Of all the women on here i wanted this most for you, after all you have been through you deserve your happy ever after. I know this won't bring back what you have lost but i truely hope this little girl will mend your heart a little. So happy for you xxxxx

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
I have all this little girl stuff I packed away after last time. I can't decide if I should get it out or start over .

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I have to say. I feel so blessed everyone is so happy for me.
And I'm sorry for those of you that didn't get your DG :(
I wish you could have all.

Wishing4Pink
December 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Huge, huge congrats to you spinning on your fab news!!!! :running: :cheer: :running: x

Lassie1982
December 5th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Huge congrats!!!!!
I knew the stats would have to start turning soon in this thread, I'm so glad they finally have!!
So happy for you xo

Turning the page
December 5th, 2012, 03:47 PM
So incredibly excited for you, Spinning!! I've thought about you a lot today...of everyone, you deserve to have your wish granted the most. Now that nervousness over the gender has given way, lets get you over the 20 week hump so you can coast the rest of your pregnancy. We will be here for you!! Congrats again! :)

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Oh Spinning i am so so so happy for you!

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 03:57 PM
added some pics here!
http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/18471-help-nub-updated-confirmed-5.html

luckylass
December 5th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Congrats Spinning, so delighted for you.

Butterfly Spirit
December 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
http://www.commenthaven.com/glitter-text-generator/xo/15/z50bfc2d37b147.gif (http://www.commenthaven.com/)

Rosie85
December 5th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Super congrats spinning! You deserved it more than any of us, the others are right! This baby girl was sent to help heal you and perhaps a piece of your other daughter will live in this one. Sooo happy for you!

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 05:31 PM
LOL
sent some pics of the 3d to my fam. told htem we didn't know gender yet. just because I won't tell anyone else til I feel baby is ok.
Anyway.
My mil wrote back and said "Looks like a little boy to me!" LOL WTH?!?!?

suregena
December 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
LOL
sent some pics of the 3d to my fam. told htem we didn't know gender yet. just because I won't tell anyone else til I feel baby is ok.
Anyway.
My mil wrote back and said "Looks like a little boy to me!" LOL WTH?!?!?

Won't she be surprised then? :D

Bimby
December 5th, 2012, 06:18 PM
OMG SPINNING THAT IS WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! YES IM YELLING LOL Congratulations hunny, such magic news to wake up to :) My boys had to wait for the breakfast until I could check to see your update lol Theyre harrassing me now so better feed them lol SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOOOOOOOOO Happy for you, bet you are beaming xoxoxoxoxo

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 06:45 PM
i am! but I'm scared to buy stuff yet!!
the last time I found out it took me 2 weeks to get the nerve to buy anything pink and then like a few days after I got the bad news!!
I figure once 20 weeks rolls around I will feel better and start looking at pink stuff..
and I know ill feel better after my anatomy scan, as long as all looks well

suregena
December 5th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Hang in there - you'll get there and everything will be fine! :D

Bimby
December 5th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I bet it would be hard for you love, shop when you are ready. Im sure I would be the same as you in your situation so do what makes you feel comfortable and whatever it takes to get you through to your anatomy scan :) xx

Brandles
December 5th, 2012, 07:25 PM
Congratulations, Spinning!!! I'm so happy for you!! I've been waiting all day to hear your news!! :HH:

Btw, I love love love the pictures of your baby!!! I love how one of them it looks like she's nursing... I think the 3rd one down or so. Too cute!!! I've never seen 3d pics of a baby at 15 weeks look so good!!! :o)

Bimby
December 5th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Surgena are you next to find out??? 6 days to go eeep!!!!! Lets hope its a rolll of DG's from here on :)

Brandles
December 5th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I want to thank you all for all your support regarding my husbands GD. I'm just going to give him time and I know he'll come around. I thought it was probably him trying to protect himself from GD again, but I read a msg from his brother and it looks like he was hoping for another boy to give our ds3 a brother closer in age. Not sure if I ever mentioned this before, but ds1 and ds2 are from my prior marriage. I'm thinking that may have something to do with it too. I know he'll love his daughter and I'm sure he's really scared to raise a little girl... I am too, but I'm so excited to finally have a daughter!!!!

Turning the page
December 5th, 2012, 07:44 PM
I've been snooping around for your sway, Spinning, but i don't see it. Did you post it somewhere? :)

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 07:45 PM
her pics are the best. and she really tries hard to get good pictures.
I swear we spent the whole first half looking at that babies behind, she looked Every which way haha. I have no doubt she was right about the gender.

ive also never had such a stubborn baby. if her elbows werent up and her head turned, her hand was in front of her face in her mouth!

Bimby
December 5th, 2012, 07:51 PM
TTP - same day for our scan??? What time is yours and where are you from?? Ive got my countdown ticker up - only 27 days to go...... thank goodness xmas will help speed up the time :)

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 08:05 PM
ttp I haven't posted it. I will though!
my sway sucked anyway. I had retained placenta for a few of the months we were supposedly TTC, so obviously I wasn't ovulating and by the time the month I conceived came around I had totally lost momentum and was super frustrated I had tried all that time for no reason!
my timing was all off because my cycle was super long for some reason.
And my progesterone was insanely low when I got pregnant! dr told me I wasn't even ovulating!
I think this was just a miracle!

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Spinning of course your baby should get the things you picked for your 1st DD, it would be like her gift to her little sister :) I know you must be terrified of history repeating, but you really don't have to be, i'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Suregena your next yippee, another girl to be confirmed!

Brandles I think you might be right about your DH being nervous about raising a daughter, its a big joke with my DP, his friends always tease him about having to fight away the boys chasing after our girls etc and them falling pregnant n stuff baaaa the comments you will have to get used to now haha ;)

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 08:25 PM
That's a good way to think about it. I guess I didn't think of it like that!

Wait so whose next?? Surgena?

Shellbelle
December 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
I think suregena is next week? Mine is Saturday morning and it seems like someone was scheduled for tomorrow or Friday.

Turning the page
December 5th, 2012, 09:10 PM
TTP - same day for our scan??? What time is yours and where are you from?? Ive got my countdown ticker up - only 27 days to go...... thank goodness xmas will help speed up the time :)

Yep, although you're 12 hours or so ahead of me (I live in the States)--you lucky duck. ;) And yes, thank goodness for the distractions of the holiday!! Mine isn't till 3:30 pm. Sigh.
Spinning--sounds like your new little girl is a miracle! And your sway couldn't have sucked all that bad, 'cause it worked! :D

Cinss
December 5th, 2012, 09:14 PM
actually hotdogz&boyz has a gender scan tomorrow the 7th, i just checked the scan date thread.

Goodluck hotdogz&boyz!

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Wow there are so many scans!

Butterfly Spirit
December 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Wow there are so many scans!

Spinning, I am just thrilled for you hon! How does your DH feel? How did you announce it to your boys? You could do a balloon reveal to someone ;) Have a gender party and pretend you don't know.. she's definitely worth celebrating!!!

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Lol he didnt know I was getting a scan. No one did! Not even my BFF lol. Except you guys. I knew if I heard boy I'd want time to process.
Anyway I texted him and he was like that's awesome! He's a little cautious this time to get too excited understandably.

Ds2 doesn't care lol. Ds1 has been asking for a girl and he wanted to name her after the lady that cuts his hair apparently , he told me today. Lolol.
But when I said its a girl ,arent you happy? He said no. I wanted a girl and a boy. (my sil had b/g twins and apparently now all babies come in twos!)
Ds1 has been saying its a girl this whole time. I kept warning him boy. Apparently I was wrong!

Butterfly Spirit
December 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Lol he didnt know I was getting a scan. No one did! Not even my BFF lol. Except you guys. I knew if I heard boy I'd want time to process.
Anyway I texted him and he was like that's awesome! He's a little cautious this time to get too excited understandably.

Ds2 doesn't care lol. Ds1 has been asking for a girl and he wanted to name her after the lady that cuts his hair apparently , he told me today. Lolol.
But when I said its a girl ,arent you happy? He said no. I wanted a girl and a boy. (my sil had b/g twins and apparently now all babies come in twos!)
Ds1 has been saying its a girl this whole time. I kept warning him boy. Apparently I was wrong!

Awww that's so AWESOME!!! They will love a little sister, they just don't know it yet!
And DS#1 sure knew! My boys knew!!!!
I'd love to hear updates on how everyone reacts!!! :D :giggle:

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Ok I told my mil after her email. I caved Haha. I emailed her back and said ha. Shows what you know. It's a girl lol

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM
But I talked to her on the phone, she's good at secrets. I think she is also just scared to be too optimistic

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Oh which is why I want to tell people after that 20 week hump, I feel like If I do now , everyone will be holding their breath!

Butterfly Spirit
December 5th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Ok I told my mil after her email. I caved Haha. I emailed her back and said ha. Shows what you know. It's a girl lol

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I BET IT FEELS GOOD After Her Snide Comment!!!! :running:

spinningmadly
December 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Hahaha it did. I couldn't help but email back.

Grace
December 5th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Congratulation spinning!! You sure deserve this little girl! I swear, when I read your update I felt my baby rolling around like crazy, I think he's excited for you too!

Bimby
December 6th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Good Luck for your scan HotDogz & Shell !!! Sorry I didnt even look at the upcoming scans list - totally forgot about that.

TTP - Mine is at 9am, I hope they dont change it on me!! Im already imagining the lack of sleep the night before from nerves, Im nervous just thinking about it!

Spinning thats so cool about your secret scan, I was going to do a sneaky too but not sure how Id hide the $100 being spent lol I bet your MIL felt bad hehehe

3 weeks 6 days......... sheesh, its like forever away!!

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Lol. Use cash?

Bimby
December 6th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Was contemplating it but Id have to take it out in small increments so not to give it away (we're counting pennies right now as we're kind of tight for cash).. Its really tempting though but my DS2 would have to come with me and not sure he would know how to keep a secret lol

Lassie1982
December 6th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Good Luck for your scan HotDogz & Shell !!! Sorry I didnt even look at the upcoming scans list - totally forgot about that.

TTP - Mine is at 9am, I hope they dont change it on me!! Im already imagining the lack of sleep the night before from nerves, Im nervous just thinking about it!

Spinning thats so cool about your secret scan, I was going to do a sneaky too but not sure how Id hide the $100 being spent lol I bet your MIL felt bad hehehe

3 weeks 6 days......... sheesh, its like forever away!!

Just go for it! Call it your xmas present - tell hubby your hormones are demanding it!

Bimby
December 6th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Hahaha well he is working away next week hmmmmmm maybe I could pull a sneaky ooooh, a little excited of that thought teehehehehe Gotta say though I am C-R-A-P at secrets, totally and utterly CRAP! lol

Brandles
December 6th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Hahaha well he is working away next week hmmmmmm maybe I could pull a sneaky ooooh, a little excited of that thought teehehehehe Gotta say though I am C-R-A-P at secrets, totally and utterly CRAP! lol

I can't keep secrets either... Well, at least exciting ones!!! Lol!! When I snuck away and had a gender peek I swore I wasn't going to tell my hubby in case he was sad he wasn't there. I didn't last 5 min with him. I busting at my seams. Lol!

Good luck!!!

Bimby
December 6th, 2012, 03:51 AM
I can't keep secrets either... Well, at least exciting ones!!! Lol!! When I snuck away and had a gender peek I swore I wasn't going to tell my hubby in case he was sad he wasn't there. I didn't last 5 min with him. I busting at my seams. Lol!

Good luck!!!

Yup that'd be me - I think I just have to be patient... 27 days isnt really that long is it???? You lot just have to put up with my moaning thats all ;)

Wishing4Pink
December 6th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Good luck hotdogz&boyz and shellbelle with your scans, got my fx for you both x

homebirthing princess
December 6th, 2012, 06:13 AM
Good luck at your scans today ladies xx

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 07:25 AM
Good luck today!
Lol I sucked after I found out. I texted him right away.

I also had the kids w me and At least ds1 has already been saying girl the whole time so no one will pay attention to that lol

suregena
December 6th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Surgena are you next to find out??? 6 days to go eeep!!!!! Lets hope its a rolll of DG's from here on :)

Tuesday night at 7.45pm UK time! Weeee! I'm starting to get anxious and nervous...

Tiffani3
December 6th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Good luck today girls hope your scans go well xx

suregena
December 6th, 2012, 09:08 AM
This baby's early fetal movements feel different to my son's early movements. How weird! It's definitely movements... my son felt like bubble wrap popping or butterflies but this one feels more fish/butterflies but no bubble wrap popping sensations. Everything about this pregnancy is a bit different.

luckylass
December 6th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Good luck hotdogz&boyz and shellbelle with your scans, got my fx for you both x

Second this. Best of luck to both of you today with your scans. Really hoping that both of you hear your Dream Gender. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you both.

Shellbelle
December 6th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Thanks, y'all. I'm super nervous now.

Butterfly Spirit
December 6th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks, y'all. I'm super nervous now.

FX for pink Shelle!

jark22
December 6th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Congrats Spinning! So happy for you!

Good luck to the ladies with scans today!

Those of you with an anterior placenta: when did you start feeling the baby flutters? I am 17w,1d today and I really haven't felt this baby yet. I did one time at 12 weeks- it was very low and a very strong flutter. I haven't really felt anything since then. This makes me so sad. This is my last pregnancy and my favorite part is feeling the baby move. I've never had an anterior placenta before :(

3boys
December 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
I know I'm from the other DDG and keep gatecrashing (hope that's ok) but just wanted to say that I found out today my placenta is anterior (never had this before) seems to be quite common on here.

Wish all you guys with scans today the best of luck x

TT_3814
December 6th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Oh Spinning, I'm so happy for you!!!! :D :D Wooohoooo!!!

TT_3814
December 6th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Thinking pink for you Shell!

mummypink
December 6th, 2012, 12:31 PM
Fingers crossed for you Shell!!

Jark - I've got an anterior placenta this time and I was really surprised as I have felt movement since 12 weeks which is the earliest ever! Early on it was always when I used the doppler and usually low or to the side. Since about 16 weeks I've felt regular flutters or bubbles, and now I am 21 weeks I'm feeling a lot of movement around my belly button and higher. Some just feel like he is rolling around and others feel like definite kicks.

The anterior placenta can move during pregnancy so you never know it may have moved up before too long, and I would think once you hit 20 weeks you will start feeling loads more anyway. I agree it is a really nice part of the pregnancy so fingers crossed you feel lots more soon. :) xx

Brandles
December 6th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Thinking of you all that are having scans today!!! Good luck and hope you get your desired genders!!!

Lassie1982
December 6th, 2012, 01:20 PM

Those of you with an anterior placenta: when did you start feeling the baby flutters? I am 17w,1d today and I really haven't felt this baby yet. I did one time at 12 weeks- it was very low and a very strong flutter. I haven't really felt anything since then. This makes me so sad. This is my last pregnancy and my favorite part is feeling the baby move. I've never had an anterior placenta before :(

I started feelings flutters about 2 weeks ago,my placenta is anterior as well. At every scan I have had though they comment on how very active baby is, so maybe that's got something to do with it

I reckon you will start to feel some movements any day now xo

Lassie1982
December 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Good luck Shell and hotdogz!!

ynwa
December 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Stalking good luck girls x

3girlsinarow
December 6th, 2012, 02:31 PM

I have an anterior placenta and I have yet to feel much of anything...I am now 19 weeks and 1 day. :( I want to feel this little guy booming around in there. At the ultrasound a week ago he was moving around like a wild thing, but I could not feel a bit of it. I have over the past week felt a few slight little movements at night, but I'm really hoping I start to feel more really soon. The OB said by about 21 weeks I should start to feel some regular movement, but she said that throughout the whole pregnancy I would likely feel a whole lot less. She said in some respects it can be quite nice not to be pounded and kicked so hard, but on the other hand, it can make moms worry a whole lot more. Hope all of us start getting kicked really good really soon. :fx:

Grace
December 6th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I had my anatomy scan today. Baby looks great and everything is ok ! He actually reminds me of DS2, too bad we can't tell if he's got red hair too.. Though I've spent many hours day dreaming about finding out it's a girl after all, once I lay there before the scan I felt really calm, like I knew it would all be fine, and I guess I've finally accepted the fact that I'm having another boy. Can't promise GD won't raise it's ugly head from time to time, but at the moment I feel encouraged by the fact that I'm carrying a healthy baby and I'm ready to enjoy the last four months of this pregnancy. Oh, and turns out my placenta is anterior too! Maybe it's more common than we think? I really don't know where it was my previous pregnancies, I'll try to check it out later. Anyway, I started feeling movements at about 17 weeks, and by the time I got to 21weeks he really started rolling and kicking many times throughout the day (I'm 22 weeks today). Good luck to everyone else who's getting a scan today xxx

homebirthing princess
December 6th, 2012, 03:07 PM
jark i also have an anterior placenta and i only felt slight flutters here and there at around 16wks but they got stronger at 20wks.....and now well this little lady is a super strong mover she moves alot more then my boys ever did and sometimes it can actually hurt!!

i had my 28wk check up yesterday all is good although the midwife told me im super dehydrated and need to increase my fluid intake....as i had such bad ms this time any kind of drink used to make me heave so i think i just got out of the habbit of drinking much when i actually thought about how much i drink in a day it worked out to just 3 glasses of juice plus half a cup of coffee...oooops!! willow is still transverse i know i have plenty of time for her to move but i really need to start trying to help her get in the right position....i soooo want another homebirth!!! plus i should start practising my hypnobirthing stuff again, i just find it so hard to find the time to lay down and listen to the darn cd!! anyone else doing hypno?

stalking for updates!!!!!!!

homebirthing princess
December 6th, 2012, 03:16 PM

My friend is just bk from 2wks in New York look what she brought willow haha, it looks huge against me :)

Rosie85
December 6th, 2012, 03:40 PM

My friend is just bk from 2wks in New York look what she brought willow haha, it looks huge against me :)

Cute! I have one just like it..only it's for adults, haha. I love NYC, one of my fav places!

mummypink
December 6th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Glad you are feeling loads better after your scan Grace, I think once I have my 32 week scan I'll be the same although I know I'm getting there. Just little things that set me off but generally I am just so grateful to be expecting another healthy baby and hoping that everything goes ok.

HB - I used hypnobirthing techniques with my first two labours and other than acupuncture it was the only type of pain relief I had. I listed to a CD with ds1 and a little bit with ds2 but like you I need to dig it out again! x

Cinss
December 6th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Im at 17 weeks now with an anterior placenta and i have just started feeling movement, especially when im sitting at the computer kind of slouched over, at the side of my tummy, im probably squashing him a little bit so he lets me know to sit up straighter.

Stalking for updates too :)

3girlsinarow
December 6th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Anyone know the timing of the scans that the ladies had today? I am chomping at the bit for an update but can't remember their scan times.............. STALKING! I need to go cook dinner but here I sit refreshing the thread looking for an update. Ha!

Cinss
December 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I think Spinning is soon, Hotdogz said afternoon time.

luckylass
December 6th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Keep checking in, I really really hope we have two vert happy ladies coming back to report in. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I think Spinning is soon, Hotdogz said afternoon time.

LOL I was yesterday. I think you mean Shell!

Hbp- I am assuming you have been looking at spinningbabies.com?

Shellbelle
December 6th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Mine isn't till Saturday morning at 9am central time. So I have another little while to obsess lol.

Cinss
December 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
LOL I was yesterday. I think you mean Shell!

Hbp- I am assuming you have been looking at spinningbabies.com?

ahhahaha pregnant brain!!!! I do get you 2 confused sometimes, i have no idea why.

Rosie85
December 6th, 2012, 06:11 PM
I had a dream the other night I gave birth to a girl. It was so real, she was soo real. I didn't want to wake up. I could smell her and feel her soft purple pjs. I didn't wake up sad though, it was a happy dream. Maybe a sign of whats to come for my future!

Cinss
December 6th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Rosie i wasn't going to say anything but i have been having vivid dreams too, and i actually dreamt that you posted on here that your scan was wrong and you were actually having a girl.

Rosie85
December 6th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Nope, scan seemed to show all boy, tech kept saying how the only shot he could get was of the potty and it was clear to him, haha. My little Teddy bear is meant to be here and that's okay! I am excited for him. Would have been cool to be told girl instead but it's not my time yet. Very cool you had a dream about it though!!!

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I keep doubting my scan and not because of the tech or the pictures or anything. I have no doubt in what she said. its not logical.
i just think what if it was too early to tell? although we could tell last time even earlier and ds2 at the same point.
It just seems to good to be true.

Rosie85
December 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM
oh spinning! Your baby is a girl, no doubt! I actually here it is more common to mistake boy when it's a girl because of the cord. A girl to me is undeniable, there is nothing there and you can't suddenly make something appear. I have ZERO doubt your baby is a girl!

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 06:48 PM
oh and I was thinking about names since we used our first choice name the last time. which was Eliana.

I think I'm leaning towards Natalie this time..

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 06:49 PM
LOL Rosie.

true.
Turtle just said on baby center she sees girl parts too.

Rosie85
December 6th, 2012, 06:54 PM
oh and I was thinking about names since we used our first choice name the last time. which was Eliana.

I love Natalie, that was always one of my top choices too!!!

Turning the page
December 6th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Sooo...when DH asked me this morning what I wanted for Christmas, I said that I just wanted to know if we're having a boy or a girl. He said, "Aren't we finding out?", and I told him that our midwife office wouldn't let us schedule the anatomy scan earlier than January 2. So he said, "Let's just schedule a scan earlier at one of those ultrasound-in-a-box places." YAYYAYAYAYAY!!! I didn't say that, but I was all like, "oh, really? I suppose we could do that." Ha ha!!
So it looks like I may find out early!!! I will let you know when that happens! :) :)

Spinning--I love the name Natalie!! :)

Butterfly Spirit
December 6th, 2012, 07:21 PM

I love Natalie, it was a possibility in our baby naming past.

Butterfly Spirit
December 6th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Sooo...when DH asked me this morning what I wanted for Christmas, I said that I just wanted to know if we're having a boy or a girl. He said, "Aren't we finding out?", and I told him that our midwife office wouldn't let us schedule the anatomy scan earlier than January 2. So he said, "Let's just schedule a scan earlier at one of those ultrasound-in-a-box places." YAYYAYAYAYAY!!! I didn't say that, but I was all like, "oh, really? I suppose we could do that." Ha ha!!
So it looks like I may find out early!!! I will let you know when that happens! :) :)

Aww what a sweet DH! You could find out at any time now! Best of luck it's soon!!! :D

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 07:59 PM
TTP- so when will you make the appointment??

auroara78
December 6th, 2012, 08:57 PM
grats spinning!! I am truly so happy for you...and I love Natalie

Turning the page
December 6th, 2012, 09:04 PM
TTP- so when will you make the appointment??

It's looking like Saturday, December 15th is the first day both DH and I have free. I'm calling tomorrow to arrange an appointment. :)

3blue2013
December 6th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I've been having some bad cramping since last night. Ended up in the er tonight due to spotting (they think from my exam this am) and extreme cramping (they think from too much activity and dehydration). Thankfully baby looks great and they think all should be ok, meaning no miscarriage. But the physician assistant did a quick ultrasound and said to not make it official but if she had to guess she would say girl! Although all night all I could think was that it didn't matter what the baby was after going through all this, yet I'm still anxious for my scan next week and hearing the opposite. Ugh!

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Fx! I hope she's right!

Glad you and baby are ok!
What was the exam you had??

3blue2013
December 6th, 2012, 09:21 PM
It was just an appointment with the Doctor to do a cervical check and heartbeat check. I am at risk for preterm labor so she didn't want to take any chances when she heard I have bad cramping/contractions last night. I'm sure glad this is my last pregnancy because I can't handle the scares that are coming with it! I have an anterior placenta so I haven't felt much movement but the emotion I felt when I thought I was losing the baby was so intense. The bond that is formed from conception is just so amazing and that is where I need to keep my focus, girl or boy.

spinningmadly
December 6th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh I was just curious as to why it caused bleeding. I didn't realize they had to check internally

Bimby
December 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM

Aw man!!!!! You're so lucky!! Im sooooooo jealous!! I tried joking with the hubby last night saying you girls were telling me to do a sneaky thinking he may just say do it but nope!! dagnamit!! Cant wait to hear though ;)

Brandles
December 7th, 2012, 02:55 AM
So cute, HBP!!!

I just went thru a few baskets and bags of ds3's clothes. It was so much fun going thru these and reminiscing when he was a baby. I still have 3 more plastic bins of newborn-12 months. It was hard sorting thru the clothes, I want to keep everything. The clothes on the floor on the far right are clothes I just can't part with! :)

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Still stalking! ???

Cinss
December 7th, 2012, 03:38 AM
I think we are waiting for HotDogz but i haven't seen her on for a while.

Wishing4Pink
December 7th, 2012, 05:23 AM
So cute, HBP!!!

I just went thru a few baskets and bags of ds3's clothes. It was so much fun going thru these and reminiscing when he was a baby. I still have 3 more plastic bins of newborn-12 months. It was hard sorting thru the clothes, I want to keep everything. The clothes on the floor on the far right are clothes I just can't part with! :)

This is exactly what i need to start doing, some sorting out. Think it can wait till after Christmas though. I'm sure i'll be just like you and keep a few things x

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 06:01 AM
I just tried to make DH feel guilty about not getting an early gender scan and said Id be the last to know (I could be lying there lol) so he just replies with stay off the GD site until the 2nd Jan so its not so hard to deal with..... that was NOT the answer I was looking for lol ;) - Ive got to be a little grateful though as he didnt want to find out at all till birth so the fact he is letting us find out is a plus... I guess.... He's still a sh*t though ;)

homebirthing princess
December 7th, 2012, 06:05 AM
So cute, HBP!!!

I have now sold all my newborn, 0-3mth and 9-12mth clothes.....took me ages to sort through all the bags still have some summer clothes to sell but will do that nxt yr! Was hard to part with them but exciting in a way as it means a new chapter in our lives :) I'm putting the money towards recovering my vintage prams hood and apron (in pink of course lol) can't wait to get it finished :) x

Turning the page
December 7th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Bimby--Ha!! That is actually *exactly* how I thought my man would react (even though he doesn't know I'm on this site), So I was shocked at how he responded! I had actually scheduled a secret scan for me for today, but I cancelled it last Monday because I felt too guilty.
If its any comfort, your nub shots are SO girly, I would be shocked if you heard anything but pink at your scan, ;) I did not get ANY clues at all at my NT scan, so I am so nervous!

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Bimby--Ha!! That is actually *exactly* how I thought my man would react (even though he doesn't know I'm on this site), So I was shocked at how he responded! I had actually scheduled a secret scan for me for today, but I cancelled it last Monday because I felt too guilty.
If its any comfort, your nub shots are SO girly, I would be shocked if you heard anything but pink at your scan, ;) I did not get ANY clues at all at my NT scan, so I am so nervous!

You know I look at my scan pics (almost everyday lol) and they do look girly but what if my baby's nub is one that hasnt risen yet?? Id almost prefer not to have known anything as now I am so hoping for pink that if I hear anything else I would be a little upset. Before I saw the nub I was ok with hearing boy, its a catch 22 I guess. I cant wait to hear all your updates :):) Such an exciting time :)

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I don't know how I would be surprised if I didn't want to find out the sex. The first thing we saw was a potty shot lol and I am pretty good at being able to tell by now.

Brandles
December 7th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Hbp, that me exactly. I've been looking at ultrasounds for about 10 years now (nubs only 4 years). 2 of the 3 gender scans I just had recently and soon as the wand was place on my tummy I saw a perfect view of the potty shot and knew we were having a girl way before the tech/Dr told me. The tech took forever to say girl... I was actually starting to get antsy and was just about to say, "I'm guessing girl" when she finally announced we're having a girl. I actually walked out of my nt scan with pretty high hopes I was having a girl and in no way would I say I'm an expert in guessing nubs yet.

I wish I could sell my clothes. I have so many people literally calling me (seriously like 5 friends) asking for the clothes for hand me downs.

That's so awesome, TTP, love your hubby's response!!! When are you going to schedule?? How exciting, you could announce it at Christmas or do it soon and announce it on your Christmas cards if you haven't sent them out yet.

hotdogz&boyz
December 7th, 2012, 09:49 AM
I am sorry I am keeping you all in suspense. My scan is, in fact, today. But not til 1:30 pm EST. So I have about four hours til then. It's also an hour away and I am not mobile. So it might be later afternoon before I can update. I had the best dream last night, but I am quite sure it won't happen in real life. I just can't imagine it actually being a girl. But in my dream the tech clearly knew it was a girl and I wigged out crying and saying "you sure." Then I went shopping immediately. Lol. But the feeling I woke up with, such comtentedness, was hard to let go of. It made me sad to realize it was just a dream and that it didn't happen. I am actually quite scared. I know I will adore a boy and he will be loved so much. But I am so terrified I will lose it if the tech says boy. I just want this baby to be a girl so badly. And lots of things point to girl, which is making it worse. I keep reminding myself that it will be better to know and move on from there than to have this question and suspense for longer. But I am a mess today. Even worse, DH has no idea I am doing this scan. It's a surprise for his birthday. He wants to know the sex and I claim I don't. So he doesn't know at all. He doesn't understand my wishes for a girl anyway, so he won't be disappointed either way. It's probably better that he doesn't know. But I'll be alone there and no one in real life knows I am going today. So I am a bundle of nerves all alone. Except for you ladies, of course.

I am so grateful for everyone in here. I know I am not super active, but I love that people remembered my scan and are waiting for the update. I will try to get on here ASAP with the results. I hope baby gives us a good shot. I am giving DH a package with the correct balloons and the video I get for his birthday. I am rambling now...I just hope I handle it okay when I get there. I can see myself crying before I ever lay down on the table. Lol. I am embarrassed to admit I have done that before (early scan after losses) and I hate how the tech looks at me like I am nuts. It will be worse if it is all over the gender of the baby and not the health. I found him/her on Doppler yesterday, so I am not too concerned with something being wrong. I know baby is alive and well, so it's all about what's between the legs today. Wish me luck...and sanity.

Oh...and this is my third anterior placenta. Had one each pregnancy. Movement for me has ranged from 19 weeks, to 12 weeks, to 15 weeks. From first to third. It does depend on where the placenta is on the anterior. My first was up high and baby liked to be high as well. So I did not feel him til rather late. And even then not regularly or even hard through the entire pregnancy. My second was dead center and I felt him on the sides pretty early. He was an active baby. And this one, is supposedly center as well. But I feel baby and find his/her heartbeat low and slightly right...so I assume the placenta is not dead center. Possibly slightly left?

Shellbelle
December 7th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Hotdogz, I was starting to worry about you! Can't wait to hear your scan results.

24 hours to go for me! My stomach is in knots.

3girlsinarow
December 7th, 2012, 10:44 AM
I am sorry I am keeping you all in suspense. My scan is, in fact, today. But not til 1:30 pm EST. So I have about four hours til then. It's also an hour away and I am not mobile. So it might be later afternoon before I can update. I had the best dream last night, but I am quite sure it won't happen in real life. I just can't imagine it actually being a girl. But in my dream the tech clearly knew it was a girl and I wigged out crying and saying "you sure." Then I went shopping immediately. Lol. But the feeling I woke up with, such comtentedness, was hard to let go of. It made me sad to realize it was just a dream and that it didn't happen. I am actually quite scared. I know I will adore a boy and he will be loved so much. But I am so terrified I will lose it if the tech says boy. I just want this baby to be a girl so badly. And lots of things point to girl, which is making it worse. I keep reminding myself that it will be better to know and move on from there than to have this question and suspense for longer. But I am a mess today. Even worse, DH has no idea I am doing this scan. It's a surprise for his birthday. He wants to know the sex and I claim I don't. So he doesn't know at all. He doesn't understand my wishes for a girl anyway, so he won't be disappointed either way. It's probably better that he doesn't know. But I'll be alone there and no one in real life knows I am going today. So I am a bundle of nerves all alone. Except for you ladies, of course.

I am so grateful for everyone in here. I know I am not super active, but I love that people remembered my scan and are waiting for the update. I will try to get on here ASAP with the results. I hope baby gives us a good shot. I am giving DH a package with the correct balloons and the video I get for his birthday. I am rambling now...I just hope I handle it okay when I get there. I can see myself crying before I ever lay down on the table. Lol. I am embarrassed to admit I have done that before (early scan after losses) and I hate how the tech looks at me like I am nuts. It will be worse if it is all over the gender of the baby and not the health. I found him/her on Doppler yesterday, so I am not too concerned with something being wrong. I know baby is alive and well, so it's all about what's between the legs today. Wish me luck...and sanity.

Oh...and this is my third anterior placenta. Had one each pregnancy. Movement for me has ranged from 19 weeks, to 12 weeks, to 15 weeks. From first to third. It does depend on where the placenta is on the anterior. My first was up high and baby liked to be high as well. So I did not feel him til rather late. And even then not regularly or even hard through the entire pregnancy. My second was dead center and I felt him on the sides pretty early. He was an active baby. And this one, is supposedly center as well. But I feel baby and find his/her heartbeat low and slightly right...so I assume the placenta is not dead center. Possibly slightly left?

Bless your heart, hotdogz....I think we were all worried about you. I mistakenly thought your scan was yesterday afternoon...and I thought you must have been really upset since we had not heard from you. I'll be praying you hear the news you have so dreamed for, and if you do not, that you have comfort and peace in knowing whoever this baby is was meant to be yours. I wish one of us could be there to go with you......and you know what, if you need to cry when you are there, let yourself...ultimately that tech is not a part of your every day life forever, so don't worry about her. You have to do what you have to do for your own sanity...and if letting out tears is a part of it, then try not to worry. I can't wait to hear when you update later. Take care!

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I hid my scan from everyone IRL too. Which was hard. My best friend actually knew before and I told I had cancelled it.
Fx for you.

Is it at an elective place? How far along are you?
I hope the tech understands! That makes all the difference.

Brandles
December 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Wishing you the best today, hotdogz!!

Lol!!! I did the same too with my scan last Saturday, no one IRL knew I was going... It was just me and ds3!! I was afraid he was going to say something to DH and blow it. My DH still doesn't know about that scan, and its killing me because they have me a DVD of the whole scan. I've been dying to show DH. Maybe I will save it for Christmas!

mummypink
December 7th, 2012, 11:54 AM
One of my jobs next week is to get all the boxes of clothes down from my boys and start sorting through it all. I am not looking forward to it! I want to start washing all the 0-6 month stuff and throwing away things that are really past it.

The box of girls stuff that I have that I was given I'm going to sort through, pick out a couple of nice things to keep just in case and then charity shop the rest. I told dh today that I would maybe consider another baby after this one, depending on how things go and if we are in a position to be able to have another (financially and in terms of space in the house etc). But I think this time I need to convince myself it will be a boy if we have another and make sure I am 100% happy about that.

Good luck for today Hotgodz, thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed! xx

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Good luck hotdogz!

Ladies I am soo annoyed. I have not hung out with anyone since before I was pregnant, no friend time at all, not even a second. I keep getting cancelled on! I guess tonight was going to be no different, just got the cancellation text. I give up.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 7th, 2012, 01:41 PM
what was the reason for the cancellation Rosie?

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 01:46 PM
oh her husband had to end up going to work for overtime, so it's legit but still it saddens me.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 7th, 2012, 01:54 PM
If we had plans I wouldn't cancel on you Rosie...lol. I really wish we could get together irl. You girls are all so great!!!

And I miss NC!!!

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 02:21 PM
I'm getting impatient lol. Stalking for an update

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 02:22 PM
I'm also freakin out since this is a girl the same thing will happen as last time
I know I should feel thrilled and I do but I'm terrified at the same time
Heard baby with Doppler today
I have my anatomy scan the 19th which is before 18 weeks but I guess they wanted to see me early
I am holding my breath until 20 weeks

TT_3814
December 7th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Pink thoughts your way, hotdogz! :)

It was just an appointment with the Doctor to do a cervical check and heartbeat check. I am at risk for preterm labor so she didn't want to take any chances when she heard I have bad cramping/contractions last night. I'm sure glad this is my last pregnancy because I can't handle the scares that are coming with it! I have an anterior placenta so I haven't felt much movement but the emotion I felt when I thought I was losing the baby was so intense. The bond that is formed from conception is just so amazing and that is where I need to keep my focus, girl or boy.

((((hugs)))) That's why DH is completely done after this baby and I'm coming to terms with being done also. The waiting for the other shoe to drop feeling is really stressful and scary. I started cramping on the way to my appointment this morning, thankfully no changes and all looks fine but I still feel shaken. I hope there won't be anymore scares like that for you. xx

Rosie~ Aww, sorry your plans keep getting canceled. :/

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
Is NC not posting in here anymore?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
I think she is. Probably just very busy.

Ladies I'm having a tough time letting go of the sister idea. My dd is telling everyone this is a girl. And when I tell her it isn't, she gets all upset. Her preschool teacher told me today that she's telling everyone it's a girl. UGH!!!! This is so hard.

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Oh. No that's sad
Maybe she knows something you don't?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 7th, 2012, 02:50 PM
It's funny you say that spinning. After I tell her she's having a brother she tells me she'll have a brother and then a sister. I just can't do 6 kids. My dh would DIE!!! And my body seems like it's had it. I'm finding it hard to get over my gd with my little girl in my ear. I've tried so hard to give her a sister.

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Three...when I was growing up I always wanted a sister, sometimes I still do. However I think about all the things I get special because I am the only girl! I am my mom's favorite, she spoils me and every mother daughter thing is all mine, I don't have to share. Now that my brother is getting married and I am married I have two sister in laws and they curb the saddness I had about not having a sister. I always wonder what if...but then I know if I did, I wouldn't have felt as special as I do!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 7th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Rosie, THANK YOU!!!

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Rosie, THANK YOU!!!

You are welcome sweetie! Anything to make you feel better. I wish I spent more time realizing how special I was to my mom when little than bugging her about a sister. Maybe when DD gets older she will learn quicker than I did! We as mothers can't provide everything our kids always want and we feel bad about it but you can provide her with the most special relationship. Talk to her about all the fun things she will have to look forward to! special mommy daughter days where you can spoil her because you don't have to shop for two little girls! The bond will truly be like no other :-) It will all work out in the end.

Oh! When I was younger my mom always let me have one of my girl cousins come and stay for a week so it felt like having a sister...let me tell you, I was ready for them to go by weeks end! haha

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 03:02 PM
I think Htodogz will be a while, she said the scan place was an hour out and she doesn't have mobile internet. So just a heads up! She might be out celebrating in which we can expect her to be longer!

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Three...when I was growing up I always wanted a sister, sometimes I still do. However I think about all the things I get special because I am the only girl! I am my mom's favorite, she spoils me and every mother daughter thing is all mine, I don't have to share. Now that my brother is getting married and I am married I have two sister in laws and they curb the saddness I had about not having a sister. I always wonder what if...but then I know if I did, I wouldn't have felt as special as I do!

I can ditto this, threemen!

I am the only girl in the middle of three brothers (it goes b b g [that's me!] b) and I absolutely love it. I've got a best friend that's been my number one friend since I was 7 (she's three years older than me) and she's my sister and I have a cousin who is the same age as me whose more like a sister. Then I have these amazing brothers. AND MY MOTHER ALL TO MYSELF. MWAHAHAHAH!

mummypink
December 7th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Awww Threemen don't feel bad, as the others have said she will have such a special bond with you. I would maybe sit her down and list out all the negatives about having a sister - having to share her toys, someone who may pinch her clothes as she gets older etc. Tell her that she will be your special princess and will get all the special girly time with you. Maybe you could have a date once a month where you and her go shopping or have lunch or something away from the boys?

My ds2 keeps saying I have a girl in my tummy and that he will have a little sister, doesn't matter how many times I tell him it is a boy! I'm sure he will be fine once the baby is here, at least I hope so!

mummypink
December 7th, 2012, 04:13 PM
How is everyone feeling?

This last week or so it feels like the baby keeps pushing really low down and I feel like I have been kicked in the bits! So not nice! I remember feeling like this towards the end of the pregnancy with ds2 but not this early!

Cinss
December 7th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Hope your out celebrating Hotdogz!

and i had a dream the night before my scan that they told me boy, and it happened that way :)

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I have bee feeling pretty decent. My baby boy is low and constantly kicking my bladder. I pee all the time even if it's only tiny bits, haha. Love feeling him though! I have been getting pretty frequent headaches again and my back is starting to hurt again as well so I may have to make a chiro appt to have it realigned.

Mrs_P
December 7th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Anyone any idea what time hotdogz will update

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 04:58 PM
nope but it's now almost 4 hours after her scan!

Mrs_P
December 7th, 2012, 05:00 PM
oh ok thanks Rosie, not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing though?!?

hotdogz&boyz
December 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Well...scan went very well. The tech was the sweetest thing ever and really loved that I was surprising my DH for his birthday. My baby was also NOT shy in the least (mighta been the jelly beans I ate not 15 minutes before!). I did cry...but they were tears of joy and possible disbelief...she says we are having a girl! I honestly want to analyze the DVD to bits, I don't truly believe it. She has been a tech for 25 years and said she was 99.9% sure. I just don't know how long it will take to sink in. DH was surprised when he opened his box of balloons. He asked "how I knew." I had to tell him I found out today. Hahaha. He was happy. I am happy. Even though I can't wrap my head around it yet. I am gonna post the video to get others opinions in the ultrasound forum as soon as my husband burns it onto the computer. Thanks so much for all the love ladies!!

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 05:49 PM
That is such fantastic news! <3

May the good streak continue!

Onwards, to more scans, ladies!

Shellbelle
December 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Yay! Congrats!!!

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 06:16 PM
If I had my NT scan at 12 1/2 weeks, is that still considered on the early side with plenty of time for a nub to rise? (Just curiously thinking out loud... I'm starting to feel that build up to the scan on Wednesday! Ahhhh!)

Tiffani3
December 7th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Congratulations that's lovely news xx

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Congrats!!!! Finally a pink streak!!!

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Shell you are Next!

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 06:48 PM
YAYAYAYAY Hotdogz That is wonderful news :cheerteam: If your tech thought girl then Im pretty sure youve got your girl :):):):) let the pink news continue :):)

If I had my NT scan at 12 1/2 weeks, is that still considered on the early side with plenty of time for a nub to rise? (Just curiously thinking out loud... I'm starting to feel that build up to the scan on Wednesday! Ahhhh!)
I think that too. I was measuring 13+1 but I was only 12+1 so I worry about that all the time.. It's hard not to worry but Im sure come Wednesday you'll hear PINK :):) Your tech thought so too so that must be a good sign hun - Cant wait to hear :)

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 06:49 PM
What time is it Shell??? How long have you got to wait?? Good Luck hun :)

suregena
December 7th, 2012, 06:51 PM
YAYAYAYAY Hotdogz That is wonderful news :cheerteam: If your tech thought girl then Im pretty sure youve got your girl :):):):) let the pink news continue :):)

I think that too. I was measuring 13+1 but I was only 12+1 so I worry about that all the time.. It's hard not to worry but Im sure come Wednesday you'll hear PINK :):) Your tech thought so too so that must be a good sign hun - Cant wait to hear :)

Well, she said she 'wanted' to say girl but it was not for definite and she said DO NOT GO SHOPPING. Hah.

How funny... I went in 12 weeks 3 days (I looked at my notes again and they had me a day under what I thought I was) and was measuring 13 weeks, 2 days!

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM

YAY Hotdogz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Thats exactly what my tech said.. At the time she said I think its a girl but then as we were about to leave she said "dont go buying anything as I have been wrong this early before" That was enough doubt for me!! Ah well, either way I guess we will find out soon enough.. Then we can find something else to worry about lol

Brandles
December 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Congratulations, Hotdogz!!! :ballerina: Let this pink trend continue!!!

Shellbelle
December 7th, 2012, 08:21 PM
What time is it Shell??? How long have you got to wait?? Good Luck hun :)

It's at 9am central time. I am so ridiculously nervous.

Lassie1982
December 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Congrats hotdogz!!

Good luck shell! Try not to be too nervous, I honestly think there is going to be a long streak of pink now, there HAS to be to even out the gender balance, I truly believe we are going to see a very high percentage of pink for the lucky ones left yet to find out gender :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turning the page
December 7th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Woo hoo, hotdogz!! I am so excited for you!! After I saw the 12 week video, I felt fairly certain you had a little girl in the there. ;) But it still feels so good to have it confirmed, I'm sure. Can't wait to see pics of your little cutie!

Rosie85
December 7th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Congrats Hotdogz!!!

3girlsinarow
December 7th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Well...scan went very well. The tech was the sweetest thing ever and really loved that I was surprising my DH for his birthday. My baby was also NOT shy in the least (mighta been the jelly beans I ate not 15 minutes before!). I did cry...but they were tears of joy and possible disbelief...she says we are having a girl! I honestly want to analyze the DVD to bits, I don't truly believe it. She has been a tech for 25 years and said she was 99.9% sure. I just don't know how long it will take to sink in. DH was surprised when he opened his box of balloons. He asked "how I knew." I had to tell him I found out today. Hahaha. He was happy. I am happy. Even though I can't wrap my head around it yet. I am gonna post the video to get others opinions in the ultrasound forum as soon as my husband burns it onto the computer. Thanks so much for all the love ladies!!

Yay! Congratulations on your sweet little baby girl! I am sooooooooooo happy for you. Enjoy shopping for all the frills and pink!:princess:

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 09:19 PM
It's at 9am central time. I am so ridiculously nervous.

Best of luck Shelle, I recommend you get up and get moving and eat and drink maybe 1.5-2 hours before your scan.. I went from sleep my first scan and needless to say.. baby was pretty much asleep!

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Baby was asleep at mine too although it was at 1. I didn't really eat:drink right before and she was very stubborn. Not with potty shot , but with everything else

hotdogz&boyz
December 7th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks so much ladies. I even pulled out my sons sono pics from 16 weeks to compare and it's pretty obviously a big difference, we got the classic three lines shot. And the tech even said "I don't say anything if I am not really sure." So she wasn't guessing. I just can't really believe it. Stupid, I know. It felt just like i thought i would at the time of the scan, I was crying and asking "are you sure?" a million times. But now that the dust has settled, its strange how I am not thinking about it any more. It's almost like it hasn't happened...I still am calling the baby "it." I guess I just need more time. it's probably pretty common.

And my nub shot was really girly...but early at 12 weeks even. Baby even measured slight on the 12 week scale (only the 5th percentile). And clearly that nub held strong. So I would say a nub at a measured 13 weeks would be pretty darn accurate. I would eat my shorts if you, surgena, are not having a girl.

And MUCH LUCK and PINK DUST to you Shell!! I will hope you continue the streak of DGs we have had suddenly. It's so hard not to be nervous. I found 15 jelly beans about 20 minutes before the scan worked like a charm. Baby was a dancing machine and showed her goods readily.

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Hotdogz it is common. My baby was very asleep and uncooperative at her scan and the tech said girl, I saw the stick straight nub and called it even before she did.. and there was a point she got an in between leg shot and there was nothing there.. but she only saw one angle.. couldn't get the underneath shot so she wouldn't make a complete statement and had us come back. Afterwards I was convinced enough, and so was DH that we went to the party store to get a box filled with pink balloons for my mom and sister. But at the same time I still was in denial.. and that whole week I just couldn't believe it until it was confirmed by an experienced OB at the same place. But after that point I was STILL nervous as I went to get my monthly scans to check on the anterior placenta, and was nervous and had to make sure she was a girl. DH couldn't believe how nervous and in denial I was, but I told him it's VERY common!

Bimby
December 7th, 2012, 10:43 PM
I just went and took a peek at your video hotdogz and I think your babies nub looks similar to my bubba's this time!!! Here's hoping :)

TT_3814
December 7th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Congrats hotdogz!! :)

Good luck and heaps of pink dust your way, Shell!

hotdogz&boyz
December 7th, 2012, 10:45 PM
I did put up my sono video, if anyone cares to look. Thanks Butterfly...I am grateful that you are seeing all girl :) I very much think you are an "expert" when you have been around for a year and have stared down that same shot yourself. Looks like our families are rather similar (my boys are 3 and almost 15months, so similar gaps).

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 10:51 PM
That's a girl !
And I'd trust your tech :) I think most good techs would have you come back if they weren't sure.

Butterfly Spirit
December 7th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Hotdogz, She's a girl, no doubt! You got a freaking AWESOME scan DVD complete with 4D, I'm envious! :)
We couldn't get a DVD.. it was money for that or the gender party. And I love the pics of my little one at 15 wk 3 days, they are my favorite! I urge all my GD friends to get a DVD because it's just so awesome when they are tiny and their whole bodies fit on the screen!

PS I love the age gap, yep my DSes are 18 months apart and they are the BEST of friends! :)

spinningmadly
December 7th, 2012, 11:26 PM
I was pleasantly surprised she charged me half for my scan when I went :)
She said I come so much lol..

homebirthing princess
December 8th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Yay congratulations hotdogz amazing news :) fx this pink trend continues!

Good luck today shell I will b stalking xx

ynwa
December 8th, 2012, 02:17 AM
I did put up my sono video, if anyone cares to look. Thanks Butterfly...I am grateful that you are seeing all girl :) I very much think you are an "expert" when you have been around for a year and have stared down that same shot yourself. Looks like our families are rather similar (my boys are 3 and almost 15months, so similar gaps).

Congrats on your girl:.)

Cinss
December 8th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Congrats Hotdogz! You must be thrilled! I know i was on a high for the few days after finding out too :)

Shell best of luck for yours hun :fx: for you :)

Bimby
December 8th, 2012, 04:21 AM
stalking.... Shells update cant be too far away can it?

Cinss
December 8th, 2012, 04:22 AM
stalking.... Shells update cant be too far away can it?
Me too, not sure about times.

mummypink
December 8th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Huge congratulations Hotdogz!!

My fingers are crossed for you Shell, I hope the pink streak continues! xxx

Looks like May was the month for having baby girls dammit!! ;)

suregena
December 8th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I've been having a dull crampy ache in my lower right side... like a mild period cramp. Remind me, this is normal, right?

It's been since yesterday evening. Yesterday morning, our road was covered in black ice and I didn't know and walked out like everything was normal, then of course had a "Oh, shit..." moment as I slid and fell on my bottom (more towards the right side... all my weight fell on my right bum cheek! Haa.) I was shaken but felt everything was fine as I literally just fell on my butt and my bump was untouched. I wasn't sore at all from the fall until I woke up this morning. I used the doppler today and baby's fine so think I'm just being paranoid (like always...) The dull cramping is probably just a stretch spurt and just a coincidence it's happening around my slip 'n slide fall!

Bimby
December 8th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Oh ouch you poor thing! I was having crampy feelings a week ago, felt just like my period and I worried but all was ok. Now I just seem to be having BH contractions a fair bit but I do remember having them with DS2 early on aswell. Im sure all is ok but if you're worried at all then call your Ob or go to hospital. Better to be safe.

suregena
December 8th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Oh ouch you poor thing! I was having crampy feelings a week ago, felt just like my period and I worried but all was ok. Now I just seem to be having BH contractions a fair bit but I do remember having them with DS2 early on aswell. Im sure all is ok but if you're worried at all then call your Ob or go to hospital. Better to be safe.

Don't have an OB here... I use a midwife! :) I'm sure I'm fine... I really didn't land hard... and the cramping is just mild and dull... but I work at the hospital so if it persists I'll stick my head in A+E (next to my department, haha) and ask.

My right bumside is sore though!
But at least it was only a fall onto my butt. I HATE black ice. I cannot wait to get to Arizona next week for glorious desert winter weather!

jark22
December 8th, 2012, 07:08 AM
I think I may have to take a step back from this board. Although I'm so happy for those who have gotten their DG (I really am)- its extremely hard for me to read about some of you hearing what I so desperately wanted to hear. Just when I think I may have a good day with no tears, I will come on here and it starts a downward spiral again. I really hope to get to the place where so many of you with opposites have gotten. I admire your peace and happiness.

Maybe it's silly to say, but what I am feeling is as raw as when I first lost my mom this Spring. And to have a mother daughter relationship taken away from me twice in just 7 months is too much for me to take right now. I feel like no one (even in real life) can truly understand what I'm feeling right now because my feelings are complicated with the death of my mom. And I need to figure out this GD before the baby is born (which will be only 1.5 weeks after the 1 year anniversary of my mom's death). I think I was really depending on a little girl to give me something to look forward to. I know it's not this little guy's fault- and all he wants is to be loved. You all know its not about the things I do have- but about the lifetime of experiences I will never have now.

I'm sorry :(. Congrats to all of you who have heard such good news! I'm hoping to be back at some point. Just have to figure this all out first......

suregena
December 8th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Jark, I'm so sorry. :( Take the time you need. That would be so hard and I can understand why you're feeling the way you are. :( Hang in there, lovely.

Shellbelle
December 8th, 2012, 08:10 AM
Jark, I'm so sorry. :( We're here when you're ready (and always if you need us).

Shellbelle
December 8th, 2012, 08:11 AM
A little less than 2 hours to go. I have access on my phone so I'll post as soon as I'm out.

hotdogz&boyz
December 8th, 2012, 08:36 AM
Jark, I am so sorry. I hate that it was probably me who sent you downward again :( I do understand why you feel the way you do. It must be so hard to have that feeling of loss compounded with the GD. I will send some good thoughts your way for peace and healing, for both sad events in your life this year. I hope you do come back when you feel better. Much love to you. Please take care of yourself!

hotdogz&boyz
December 8th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Good luck shell! I hope I'll see the update before I leave today. I'll think pink for ya!

spinningmadly
December 8th, 2012, 09:18 AM
One hour! Right?

homebirthing princess
December 8th, 2012, 10:15 AM
stalking....................................

Shellbelle
December 8th, 2012, 10:34 AM
It's a boy. He was face down and shy so I didn't get many pics. And he kept his legs together until the end and kept us guessing for 20 minutes.

mummypink
December 8th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Big hugs Shell, congrats on your baby boy. Were they definitely sure?

How are you feeling? xxxx

TT_3814
December 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
(((hugs))) Jark, take all the time you need, wishing you peace and healing.

Shell~ Congrats on your little boy! xxx

mummypink
December 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I think I may have to take a step back from this board. Although I'm so happy for those who have gotten their DG (I really am)- its extremely hard for me to read about some of you hearing what I so desperately wanted to hear. Just when I think I may have a good day with no tears, I will come on here and it starts a downward spiral again. I really hope to get to the place where so many of you with opposites have gotten. I admire your peace and happiness.

Maybe it's silly to say, but what I am feeling is as raw as when I first lost my mom this Spring. And to have a mother daughter relationship taken away from me twice in just 7 months is too much for me to take right now. I feel like no one (even in real life) can truly understand what I'm feeling right now because my feelings are complicated with the death of my mom. And I need to figure out this GD before the baby is born (which will be only 1.5 weeks after the 1 year anniversary of my mom's death). I think I was really depending on a little girl to give me something to look forward to. I know it's not this little guy's fault- and all he wants is to be loved. You all know its not about the things I do have- but about the lifetime of experiences I will never have now.

I'm sorry :(. Congrats to all of you who have heard such good news! I'm hoping to be back at some point. Just have to figure this all out first......

Sending you a big hug Jark, I understand how you feel and stepping back for a while sounds like a good plan. I'm so envious of everyone that has heard girl, but I'm also genuinely happy for everyone as I know first hand what it means to desire a certain gender.
I've been having quite vivid dreams about my dad that have been really strange and I wake up and remember all over again that he isn't here any more. I lost him 3 years ago and it still hurts and I remember all too well how hard it was for the first year or so. Have you thought about getting some counselling to help you deal with your grief? I think sometimes we are so busy looking after our families we don't take the time we need to look after ourselves and losing your mum is a huge think to try and comprehend. I think it took me a full year to actually acknowledge my Dad had gone.
Have you got anyone you can sit and talk to about your feelings and just have a good cry with?

So wish I had a magic wand Jark so I could bring your mum back and give you a daughter. If only life was that simple. xxxx

Shellbelle
December 8th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Definitely sure. I feel a little numb and like I can't breathe.

hotdogz&boyz
December 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats on a sweet little boy Shell! I hope you are doing okay. He sounds like a real sweetheart though, all shy and snuggly.

Whose next? Surgena? Anyone before that that I am missing? We should be heading toward the end of may for elective scans...I know a few folks find out in January at their anatomy though. Then we will be looking down the pike to the first arrivals!!

mummypink
December 8th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Awww Shell, wish I could give you a big hug. The first 24 hours is the worst hun, have a good cry if you need to, before you know it you will soon be looking forward to meeting your gorgeous little man. xxxx

Brandles
December 8th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Jark, Sending you my thoughts and prayers during this time of grief. Take all the time you need and we will welcome you back with open arms when you're ready. Please know that we are all here for you. Big hugs to you. (((HUGS)))

Shell, congratulations on your boy. I'm sorry you didn't hear girl though. Sounds like you already have a little stinker in there since he kept y'all guessing. :wink:

Tiffani3
December 8th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Shell so sorry you didn't hear girl, hope your doing ok.
Congratulations on your little man. xx

spinningmadly
December 8th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I was just at the vet with Our new puppy and the vet tech there said she was told boy with her first and 20 weeks later she had a girl!

homebirthing princess
December 8th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I'm really sorry you didn't hear girl shell, but a huge congratulations on your healthy little man! Big hugs being sent your way xxx

mummypink
December 8th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I was just at the vet with Our new puppy and the vet tech there said she was told boy with her first and 20 weeks later she had a girl!

I know it is unlikely but I so hope some of us on here that have heard opposites have this happen to us. I've stopped obsessing quite so much over us pics that proved to be opposites and I am actually looking forward to having three little boys. Doesn't stop me dreaming of having a daughter of course though, or feeling sad at the thought of never having one.

If the big man is watching up there please make sure we all have healthy little ones please and if you can throw us a few gender miracles that would be awesome! ;) x

Cinss
December 8th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Suregena i have been having those crampy feelings too, i think its normal, and ouch that must have hurt your butt. The babies double in size from week 15 - 17 or something like that so lots of stretching of the uterus atm. I also was a little concerned about it because it was pretty bad after i drove in the car and went over a bump in the road a bit too quickly and the seat belt bit into my belly down low under my bump and then it was just so uncomfortable to move and walk. Its all better now, but ladeis just a reminder to take good care of your bumps and be careful with everything you do.

Jark so sorry you are still feeling the double wham of your mom and daughter :( I hope you feel better soon and we will all be thinking of you while you are on a break from here. I think the spirits should rise quite a bit in here when we start posting the pics of our precious little babies.

Shell congrats on your little boy, hope you are doing ok with the news, sending you hugs.

spinningmadly
December 8th, 2012, 06:36 PM
oh cinss! i didnt know that about size. that makes sense.
the last time I remember looking at someones pic that was as far along as me and I was thinking I looked way to small (I think that was my first sign something was wrong) I am way bigger this time and measuring on track. Hope thats a good sign!

Bimby
December 8th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Congratulations on your baby boy Shell, hope you're doing ok hon. He sounds like a sweetie already.

Jark I totally understand you wanting to stay away for a while, you have been through so much losing your mum, I can only imagine how hard that is on you. I do hope we get to hear from you again as you get closer to your due date but understand if it hurts too much, big hugs to you x

So am I right in saying Surgena is next?? SO how long exactly do I have to wait for this exciting news :) I get so confused with the time differences.

Only 3 weeks 3 days left before my scan!! It doesnt sound that long now.. Im sure I'll manage to hold out :)

Cinss
December 8th, 2012, 07:21 PM
So am I right in saying Surgena is next?? SO how long exactly do I have to wait for this exciting news :) I get so confused with the time differences.

Only 3 weeks 3 days left before my scan!! It doesnt sound that long now.. Im sure I'll manage to hold out :)

I think it goes something like this

starbabyx4 - 11th December
Suregena - 12th December
Bluechance - 14th December
Turning the page - 15th December

Correct me if im wrong anyone, and if i missed anyone?

suregena
December 8th, 2012, 07:26 PM
So nervous. Wednesday is coming around fast! Scan is at 7.45pm UK time and I have to go to one of the nearby cities for it but I'll have my phone and hopefully will still have battery life left in it by that time so I don't leave you all hanging too long! Getting so nervous! It's a a double whammy of nerves... for the scan on Wednesday and my transatlantic flight Thursday! Eeeek!

suregena
December 8th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Suregena i have been having those crampy feelings too, i think its normal, and ouch that must have hurt your butt. The babies double in size from week 15 - 17 or something like that so lots of stretching of the uterus atm. I also was a little concerned about it because it was pretty bad after i drove in the car and went over a bump in the road a bit too quickly and the seat belt bit into my belly down low under my bump and then it was just so uncomfortable to move and walk. Its all better now, but ladeis just a reminder to take good care of your bumps and be careful with everything you do.

That makes sense then. The cramping seems to mostly faded tonight but my whole right side is still sooo sore from falling on the ice... especially half of my butt! Haha!

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Shell I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl :(
I know it's a shock, as much as I prepared myself to hear boy, it was still a shock.
I hope it passes for you quickly, take the time to spoil yourself, do whatever you need to make yourself smile.

I've been googling info on 'girls mistaken for boys' and found tons of reading. (I don't know why, I mean never has a clearer scrotum been seen then the one on my potty shot)
Sadly, most of these errors are from 3+ years ago, ultrasound technology has come a long way since then, also found a thread on baby centre where there were photos of boy ultrasounds, which ended up being girls at birth or at scan that are at 20+ weeks, and all the pics are fairly blurry, and are ambiguous looking.
So my tiny glimmer of hope was short lived :(
Of course, every baby I see at the shops is a girl, every family I see is a pigeon pair - I know it's just my subconscious noticing that, but it still gives me some :( moments
Am excited to meet this little fella though and finally have a little baby again :)

DH is still open to a third, which is positive, but I'm going to have to think long and hard about it, I think I've been fairly lucky in that I've not been a victim of severe Gd this time round, but I don't know that next time round I can face it with as much optimism and positivity if I have boy number 3, 3 is without a doubt dh's limit, so if number 3 were a boy it would definitely be the end of a dream.
Ahh well, that's at least 2 years away, who know, maybe atomic and NBP will have come across the magic potion by then!

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Jark, I'm so sorry you are still hurting :( I wish I had the words to help, but I know that only time can heal those pains for you.
One thing I do know is that every single person on here that has had an opposite says that the moment the baby is born, it disappears. Allow yourself to grieve for now, and try and find comfort in the fact that this will pass. No matter how dark the dawn, the sun will always rise...

I can understanding your yearning for a mother daughter relationship, I too am extremely close to my mum and that's the reason I want a daughter so much, so that I too can have the relationship, so that part I do understand. I know I haven't lived through your pain of losing a mother, and of a third gd, but I can imagine how it must be eating you up inside :(

Maybe it might help to speak to your dr, or a counsellor, they might offer some other options? Maybe book a 3d bonding scan, I've heard that helps some?
Your certainly not alone, and as taboo as gd is, it certainly is very much existent, goodness, in some countries they terminate or adopt out based on gender alone, so the extreme disappointment and hurt you feel is not uncommon, or unusual, so don't feel bad.

I really hope you feel better soon, and feel free to vent here anytime you want, no one here will ever judge anything you say or feel.

Wishing4Pink
December 9th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Congratulations on your little boy Shelle, i'm sorry you didn't hear girl x

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I love that quote Lassie "No matter how dark the dawn, the sun will always rise" so true! The one I usually live by is "This too shall pass" no matter how tough things get we always get through it.

You're right about the scans unlikely to be wrong, mine looks super clear on the scan I just wish I had a proper potty shot as I don't think I would have doubted it half as much if I had. The tech seemed experienced and said she couldn't say 100% but here were the scrotum and here was the willy so if it turned out to be a girl she would be totally shocked lol! The hospital I have had scans at have been known to get it wrong and everyone keeps telling me that, but I heard that when I had the scans for my first two boys as well and of course they were right for that!
I don't think a tiny glimmer of hope hurts though at this stage if it helps us through, as you say we know when we are holding are newborns we will fall instantly in love with them and gender really won't be an issue. I'm starting to get really excited about him arriving now, I think my gender desire had actually got in the way of me thinking about all the lovely stuff of having a new baby.

I need to get a new travel system which I'm hoping to do in January or February, and I need to sort through all the boys old clothes. I've bought a hanging wicker crib from a friend which I am mega excited about as it means the baby will be kept well away from our dog, and it is a good size so will last much longer than the moses basket I had with the boys.

I know what you mean about seeing mixed familys everywhere, the girls always look super cute too! I did see a family with three little boys the other day though and they looked so sweet which gave me a big smile on my face.

My two boys are awesome and such good friends, they were playing happily together for an hour this morning in their bedroom while hubby and I had a bit of a lie in! So I promise you Lassie that you will love having your new little man around, and the fact that number three is an option is a big bonus. The way I look at it is ok my sway didn't work this time, and maybe 3 is enough for me to handle but if we do decide to go on to have a 4th there will be more swaying info out there, more case studies etc to hopefully help me have a strong sway.

A friend of mine swears by some cough medicine to sway for a girl, she took it when ttc her 4th and had a girl and I was going to take it this time but I googled it and was put off by some of the warnings when related to the harm it could do to a baby. I'm kicking myself now as obviously the idea is you take it up to ovulation and then stop as soon as you get a strong line on an opk so there shouldn't have been any problem. I also wish I hadn't used sylk as I think that may have killed my sway. At least these are all things I can think about if we do try again.

Cramps wise Suregena I had them really bad around that time too, I would go and get a scan though if you're worried after your fall. My cramps have eased off now but I get really achy down below and my lady bits just feel like I have been kicked in them by the end of the day. Pregnancy is such fun lol! ;)

Cinss
December 9th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Im not trying to get anyones hopes up by telling this but seeing as it has come up again there was a lady on FB 2 days ago who left a comment on a mutual friends status that she was told the wrong sex at her 12 and 18 week ultrasounds. I commented back to her to find out a bit more info because she said it was at Paradise ultrasound which was where i had mine done too. Well it turns out that she was told girl both times by the same tech who did mine and my SILs, and she has a pretty much 100% right reputation for early guessing, all of the girls on the Gold Coast know who she is and and everyone tries to get in with her. If you saw my 12 week pics they are super clear and the equipment they use there is very advanced and high tech. Anyway this lady did a reveal at her wedding by putting pink inside the wedding cake and of course it was a girl she really wanted because she had 1 son already. She then went to the same ultrasound school as i did as a voulenteer and the tech there told her that the baby is in fact a boy. She was saying how she felt like a "tool" after the reveal and everything and now has to return everything she bought because it is all pink. She ended up going back to paradise ultrasound to have the gender confirmed and paid $170 for it and yes all of a sudden it turned into a boy!

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Im not trying to get anyones hopes up by telling this but seeing as it has come up again there was a lady on FB 2 days ago who left a comment on a mutual friends status that she was told the wrong sex at her 12 and 18 week ultrasounds. I commented back to her to find out a bit more info because she said it was at Paradise ultrasound which was where i had mine done too. Well it turns out that she was told girl both times by the same tech who did mine and my SILs, and she has a pretty much 100% right reputation for early guessing, all of the girls on the Gold Coast know who she is and and everyone tries to get in with her. If you saw my 12 week pics they are super clear and the equipment they use there is very advanced and high tech. Anyway this lady did a reveal at her wedding by putting pink inside the wedding cake and of course it was a girl she really wanted because she had 1 son already. She then went to the same ultrasound school as i did as a voulenteer and the tech there told her that the baby is in fact a boy. She was saying how she felt like a "tool" after the reveal and everything and now has to return everything she bought because it is all pink. She ended up going back to paradise ultrasound to have the gender confirmed and paid $170 for it and yes all of a sudden it turned into a boy!

This is the exact sort of thing I've been googling like mad.....I think as far as mistakes go, it's more common to get 'girl' wrong, (ie, told girl when it's a boy) if your told boy, after 15 weeks then its pretty much 100% if the equipment is clear. Sometimes if the tech is new, the equipment old, or if the baby has his legs shut it is possible to miss it. Whereas if its a boy and the scrotum is there, then it's there.

Like with the shots that you and I have Cinns, you can clearly see a defined scrotum and penis, as opposed to just a 'bulge' which could be a swollen labia.
You can see the circular roundness of the scrotum, if it was swollen labia I think it would be straighter lines, not circular, a labia would also be more attached between the legs, whereas in our shots you can see small space between the leg and the scrotum...

Rest assured chick, I'm certain your boy is 1000% accurate.

I will try and find that baby centre thread with the photos of girls diagnosed as boys.

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Sorry it was baby and bump, not baby centre

Here is the thread http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/833802-possible-ultrasound-tech-wrong-boy-gender-15-5-weeks.html

I think you have to be a member to see the photos, so here are the photos that were labeled boy, but baby ended up being a girl

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Here is another http://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/273902-gender-scan-wrong-ultrasound-update-pg7.html

Lassie1982
December 9th, 2012, 05:47 AM
And another, this one is 39 pages long and I never bothered reading it all, but all the mistaken ultrasounds on there were pretty unclear and ambiguous I think

http://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/66137.aspx?PageIndex=1

Turning the page
December 9th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Wow, Lassie! Thanks for the research! I agree with you, that the incorrect gender predictions were kinda unclear from my standpoint too. And going to in-gender reminds me how frustrating that site is...it takes at least 3 minutes for every page to download. Ha! :)

homebirthing princess
December 9th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Omg that's the exact kind of story that makes me freak out lol ......poor woman tho :(
I've had 2 scans now both saying girl but part of me totally doubts it specially as ppl still say to me they always get girls wrong! Wish I could afford another scan, my husband would go mad if he knew I was worrying tho! Don't think I will beleive it until she's here though x

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 10:12 AM
actually my u/s tech things girls are more mistaken for boys a lot of the time, especially earlier , like 15 weeks. because of the possible swollen girl parts still. she said shes seen a lot of mistakes made that way

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
cinss -
did she get her money back??
what was the explanation from the tech?

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Wow some of those pics really do look like boys! Just shows it is possible especially if the gender was determined before 18 weeks.

I think the chances of it happening to one of us is very unlikely though, particularly those who have had multiple scans and 3d scans etc. But fingers crossed if it does happen it happens to one of us that really wants the opposite gender.

It is funny as a lot of the gender opposite posts I have been reading have said that they just knew it wasn't the gender they had been told at the u/s and that something just didn't sit right for them. Most don't show their u/s pics so it is hard to know how clear they were. That is the way I feel this time though, even though I am starting to get my head around it being another boy I still feel that it is weird as my gut was telling me girl. I'm sure that is mainly down to my desire for a girl rather than any maternal instinct. With ds2 I thought he was a girl until my scan but that was more because the pregnancy had been so different from my first and I had been so sick. I accepted it a lot quicker that he was a boy after the scan but maybe that was because we had always said we would have three regardless of gender.

We went to see a friend today and I got the typical 'was the baby planned then' ... erm yes thanks all of our children were planned! Followed by 'bet you are disappointed it isn't a girl, does this mean you'll be trying again?'. I think they could tell by the look I gave them that I am so sick of the comments already so they quickly followed it up with 'three boys will be nice though, you'll appreciate having all boys compared to all girls when they get older'. Hmmmm... I wouldn't know having never had a daughter but I guess at least they were trying to make me feel better even if they were digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole!!!!

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Has anyone seen a sideways profile u/s that looks like a boy but turns out to be a girl? I've only ever found potty shot ones, a tech on another site told me sideways ones are more accurate for boys so I think mine is pretty definitely a boy! x

Beckesuhh
December 9th, 2012, 11:10 AM
New Here and due 11th April :)

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Welcome Beckesuhh, did you sway and have you found out the babies gender or are you having a surprise? x

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Hoping NC is ok, not seen her on here for ages. Fingers crossed she is just busy with it coming up to Christmas. x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
I've been thinking about her too. We chatted so much, and now I don't see her on here at all. I hope all is well with her.

NC...WE MISS YOU!!!

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
3 days until the scan... oh my God.

mummypink
December 9th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hugs Suregena I got butterflies for you when I read that! I remember all too well how the nerves feel! My fingers are firmly crossed that you hear girl. xxx

hotdogz&boyz
December 9th, 2012, 04:15 PM
These stories of wrong gender scans are making me terrified. Lol. Mine really wasn't ambiguous, but I can't help but be paranoid!!

Welcome Beckysuhh. We always enjoy new faces around here. Jump right in, but this room moves quickly, so be warned! (I can't ever keep up!)

Does anyone else in here get really scared around week 15 thru week 25? I did this with my second son as well and it just is starting to hit me. Once I start to feel the baby and start to get attached emotionally...picking out a name, finding out the sex, starting to pull out clothes, buy new baby things...I start freaking out that something will happen to the baby. It's an uncontrollable fear. And I can't help but feel like I am too lucky...that I get pregnant so easily, that my babies are healthy, that my labors are easy, etc and that I am waiting for something to go terribly wrong. Am I alone in this? I do believe it started after I had losses between my first and second child and I got a taste of what that heartbreak feels like. And now I can manage in early pregnancy by staying pretty detached. I can even be okay around week 12, since it's a new "safe zone" (as if!). But once I start to develop that attachment, I start panicking. I can't talk myself out of it. I mostly just have to wait for a wave of it to pass. Buts it's hard.

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Yeah that's why I won't buy anything or get attached yet this time. I hate this. I used to think 12 weeks was safe but after last time I just want to make it to 20 weeks and breathe

The wrong gender stories suck but if you look at the pics none are too clear IMO. Depends on the tech I think and how much fluid etc etc. I was told before 15 weeks last time girl by the same tech and she was right. She was also right about my boys at 15 weeks. And ds2 had that perfect snail looking potty shot lol

Cinss
December 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
cinss -
did she get her money back??
what was the explanation from the tech?

No there was no refund because the 12 and 18 week ultrasounds were not for gender, the tech just had a guess at them like she probably does at all of them (including mine). The one she paid for was specifically for gender and there it was revealed as a boy. I'd say at the earlier scans the tech may have said 70% or something like that, so really if its not 100% i think its not safe to buy anything and get attatched. I didnt ask about the techs response i would assume that it was an awkward conversation so i didnt want to pry any further because i dont actually know this lady personally. She did express her anger about it and said she would never go back there.

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 04:53 PM
These stories of wrong gender scans are making me terrified. Lol. Mine really wasn't ambiguous, but I can't help but be paranoid!!

Welcome Beckysuhh. We always enjoy new faces around here. Jump right in, but this room moves quickly, so be warned! (I can't ever keep up!)

Does anyone else in here get really scared around week 15 thru week 25? I did this with my second son as well and it just is starting to hit me. Once I start to feel the baby and start to get attached emotionally...picking out a name, finding out the sex, starting to pull out clothes, buy new baby things...I start freaking out that something will happen to the baby. It's an uncontrollable fear. And I can't help but feel like I am too lucky...that I get pregnant so easily, that my babies are healthy, that my labors are easy, etc and that I am waiting for something to go terribly wrong. Am I alone in this? I do believe it started after I had losses between my first and second child and I got a taste of what that heartbreak feels like. And now I can manage in early pregnancy by staying pretty detached. I can even be okay around week 12, since it's a new "safe zone" (as if!). But once I start to develop that attachment, I start panicking. I can't talk myself out of it. I mostly just have to wait for a wave of it to pass. Buts it's hard.

Same here! This past week has been hard. While I feel early movement, it's not as frequently as with my son... and I keep waking up on my back, over and over and over... and feel like it's going to do something bad to the baby (like cut its oxygen because of the bad nono for sleeping on your back.) I am NOT a back sleeper, so why is it happening all of a sudden?

I'm pretty paranoid right now!

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hugs Suregena I got butterflies for you when I read that! I remember all too well how the nerves feel! My fingers are firmly crossed that you hear girl. xxx

Yes... just realized how really soon that is. I mean, tomorrow (Monday) we're going out to lunch to have an early "Christmas" meet up with my mother in law (since we're spending Christmas in America) and I'm finishing up my packing. Tuesday is a regular work day. Then Wednesday is my work day before I leave for the US AND also the day of my scan! I'll be going to get my son from his childminder right after work and then going straight to the scan! It's really not far away at all. Geez, so much is going on this week...

I'm nervous about the flight as well! I always get like this before a flight... especially long, epic, transatlantic ones!

Mrs_P
December 9th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Same here! This past week has been hard. While I feel early movement, it's not as frequently as with my son... and I keep waking up on my back, over and over and over... and feel like it's going to do something bad to the baby (like cut its oxygen because of the bad nono for sleeping on your back.) I am NOT a back sleeper, so why is it happening all of a sudden?

I'm pretty paranoid right now!

Really don't worry about that, i had it all the time with ds3 and was that worried i asked the midwife. I would cut off your air supply and make you pass out long before it would do any damage to your baby, it would be the last one to notice. I you feel fine then she will no worries and you will move if your not (even if you don't realise it)

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Yeah that's why I won't buy anything or get attached yet this time. I hate this. I used to think 12 weeks was safe but after last time I just want to make it to 20 weeks and breathe

The wrong gender stories suck but if you look at the pics none are too clear IMO. Depends on the tech I think and how much fluid etc etc. I was told before 15 weeks last time girl by the same tech and she was right. She was also right about my boys at 15 weeks. And ds2 had that perfect snail looking potty shot lol

I used to work in a NICU... so, ever since then, I don't relax until I get to 24 weeks and beyond. :/
There was the very odd 23 weeker who would actually end up in the NICU because it was fighting so hard, and I do remember one who managed to survive (with a ton of problems... necrotizing enterocolitis and all sorts... )
I saw the same parents every single day, for the most part, for months on end. I felt almost attached to them and their babies and those babies' recoveries and eventually being discharged from the hospital. It was the best job I've had to date but also...
working in that place really affected me. I had my two miscarriages while I was working there! Which is why I left... because I desperately wanted a child and knew it might (the stress because I had three different jobs and worked crazy shift patterns and also traveled a far distance on my own which when it's at night can be scary on the trains) be why I kept having losses. I switched to the nearby hospital to a boring desk job (where I am now) in a Radiology department, and I was pregnant with my son within a month.

I do miss that job constantly. Isn't that strange?

Rosie85
December 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Hey ladies! I am so wiped, been shoveling all day. We got about 8 inches of snow so far! Probably shouldn't shovel while pregnant though huh? Oops!

Rosie85
December 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
I am suddenly in the Christmas mood because of the snow so that's good! Last year we didn't have snow, a first for me. Living in Minnesota we always have snow for Christmas so it's nice to have it back. I am now ready to wrap some presents!

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Rosie- Where in minnesota are you?

surgena- I think seeing all of that stuff has probably changed how you react in pregnancy. I know a lot of my friends, after seeing my loss happen with no warning, are on pins and needles now during their pregnancies

Rosie85
December 9th, 2012, 05:53 PM
I am an hour north of Minneapolis

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Rosie- Where in minnesota are you?

surgena- I think seeing all of that stuff has probably changed how you react in pregnancy. I know a lot of my friends, after seeing my loss happen with no warning, are on pins and needles now during their pregnancies

Yes, most likely, then to have two early losses back to back... it just left me feeling like pregnancy is far more complex then most realize. I don't even know why I would have two losses in a row, being young and apparently fertile. So it just raises questions, you know? Pregnancy is an intense experience but I do look forward to the days I can feel proper movement... that certainly helps a lot. I've not experienced anywhere near what you have but I think our fears are similar.

Even with my son, if he was having a quiet day, I'd seriously annoy him (like prod him to get him to move) to make sure he was all right!

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Rosie- our puppy came from Mora, MN..
not sure where that is in relation to you lol

Cinss
December 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Suregena its good you will be busy with things leading up to your scan, gosh i know how nerve wracking it is the day or 2 before :) but i really really really think your baby is a girl, so try to be more excited than nervous :)

Rosie let your DH do the shoveling please. Wow a white Xmas is something i have never experienced, it must be really special!

Our weekend was fun we had an early xmas get together with DP's 2 brothers and their families, we got the kids a slip n slide and they had hours and hours of fun on that. Heres some piccys of our 3 :)

Bimby
December 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Gorgeous pics Cinss, your girls look like they're having a ball! I was just thinking how it would be lovely to see snow this time of year after reading the others posts but then I saw your pics and realised how much fun we have this time of year, so thanks for that ;) (I still would love to see snow though)

Oh I could have written the post about anxiety - I have it soooo bad right now. Im only feeling bubs maybe once every couple of days if Im lucky and this morning I woke up and my tummy has gone. I know I shouldnt but i listen for the heartbeat on my doppler every day (literally only for 5 seconds) and that helps for the day but I wish I could feel baby but even then I am constantly scared. I read all the posts on losing their babies and I automatically think that will happen to me, its crazy and totally irrational.. I had a dream last night I was bleeding and instantly had to run to the toilet when I woke up. I wish I wasnt such a worrier, it really takes up too much time and energy ugh!

Surgena I can imagine the nerves but it sounds like you are pretty busy over the next few days so hopefully that will help with the nerves. Also how exciting that you are going on your holiday so soon!!! I had to drop hubby off at the airport yesterday and I was so jealous of all the people travelling.

Rosie85
December 9th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Rosie- our puppy came from Mora, MN..
not sure where that is in relation to you lol

Mora is about 45 minutes from here actually :-)

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 07:50 PM
haha too funny Rosie!!

bimby - I have been doing the same thing with the doppler. my midwife said try not to do it everyday but I get too nervous. logically I know theres nothing I can do to prevent anything but my best friend just told me to use it, its better than being stressed out about it.

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 07:54 PM
haha too funny Rosie!!

bimby - I have been doing the same thing with the doppler. my midwife said try not to do it everyday but I get too nervous. logically I know theres nothing I can do to prevent anything but my best friend just told me to use it, its better than being stressed out about it.

I talked to my midwife about the doppler (and when I could hear the heartbeat on their doppler) and she said they actually changed protocol since I was pregnant with my son and they don't offer anymore, because it is not clinical at all and offers no real clues to how the baby is doing (gee, thanks!) That they rely more on movement and often the heartbeat is the last thing to tell you that something is wrong. Certainly didn't make me feel better about using my doppler at home... but I'm still using it for reassurance! Figures.

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Well If the heartbeat is gone its probably too late obviously

I don't feel movement yet though... So I don't know how I could tell with that?

suregena
December 9th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I know... kind of frustrating. I'm still glad I've got my Doppler despite her telling me that. :/

Rosie85
December 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Even though I feel movement I still freak out daily because sometimes he will go hours and hours without moving. Drives me bonkers. My other boys moved all the time as soon as I felt them for the first time. I could count on at least a kick an hour. Now...it can go 6 hours without any movement. So scary to me! He doesn't wake easily either, I try all sorts of things to get him to move and he doesn't.

TT_3814
December 9th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Very cute Cinss! :)

Aww, a white Christmas sounds lovely. I'd love for my boys to see snow one of these days but I'm too chicken to drive up to the snowy areas.

Wishing you a very safe flight to the US, Suregena! xx

Shellbelle
December 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I would rather have the Doppler than stress out, too. I am stressed enough as it is and I know from past pregnancies that I won't stop worrying until the baby is safely in my arms. And then I'll worry about other stuff lol. It just makes me feel better to hear the hb.

Shellbelle
December 9th, 2012, 10:07 PM
I didn't get any good pics of this baby yesterday because of his position, but here is the potty shot.