PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Rosie my Ds2 never moved much. I could go days and not feel him. This was before I would freak out so i just assumed he was ok and he was. anyway he was a very sleepy baby and he still sleeps all the time.. Lol

mrshonyez
December 9th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Ahh Lassie! Those wrong gender posts have me questioning again lol!
Congratulations on your little boy Shell, I really thought you were having a girl too... But I'm sure he will be much loved!!
Good luck with your scan and your flight suregena, I'm not a fan of transatlantic flights. I flew from Turkey to the US by myself with my (at the time) 7 month old, and then back to Turkey, and I was terrified. Not a good day for me lol.
How is everyone else doing? I can't believe I only have around 16 weeks left until we meet this little guy!

Winngrin
December 9th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Spinning, I am so very happy for you!

Jark, thinking of you and hoping you find some peace very soon.

I have my anatomy scan on Friday and part of me is still convinced I'll hear girl, although my 15+6 week scan pics were pretty clear boy. I too am finding myself constantly searching for stories of wrong gender determinations, I really need to stop!

3M, was your Basset hard to housebreak? I'm having a bit if trouble with that and whining. Our pup whines constantly when I leave the room. I'm a sahm so it's almost like she hasn't figured out it's OK to be alone. We live in a townhome and I'm sure between the pup and ds3 waking at night due to one year molars, my neighbor must hate us! I can't leave pup to cry it out when my neighbor is home, which is almost always! I forgot how much work puppies are!

Winngrin
December 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
I think my ticker is wrong, baby can't possibly be the size of a cantaloupe right??

spinningmadly
December 9th, 2012, 11:43 PM
Winngrin our puppy is a lot of work too lol. Thankfully she loves the crate and doesnt whine... But I hate house training. Sometimes she gets it and waits by the door but other times she just goes near our door and if we don't get her right away she just finds a spot inside. She's constantly sniffing the floor, I think bc everything smells like food from the kids, so it's hard to tell when she's sniffing to go

Cinss
December 9th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I think my ticker is wrong, baby can't possibly be the size of a cantaloupe right??

hehe maybe if you cut it in 4 length wise ;) and is that an onion next? Ive never had an onion bigger than a cantalope!

Rosie85
December 10th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I hope I finally get a baby that sleeps well Spinning! You don't even know what I went through with my other two! haha

So wrapping christmas gifts at 23 weeks pregnant is kind of not very fun...it hurts! hahaha

mrshonyez
December 10th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Lol Rosie... I discovered how bad 'Santa' is at wrapping gifts a few days ago, especially while pregnant lol!! I sat on the floor and could barely get up when I was done. But luckily I got it all done in one sitting!

Bimby
December 10th, 2012, 03:57 AM
Ive been so bad this year and I havent even started my Xmas shopping.. I know what Im going to get I just have to get off my butt and do it. So Im going to be extra cranky wrapping pressies this year as I have to tackle the masses to buy the pressies first.. note to self: be organised next year!!! Usually Im done in the mid season sales but a money was tight we held off this year. At least I know I wont over buy like I usually do. Ive decided Santa is getting the kids board games, books and a popcorn maker and perhaps a cd player for their bedroom (they share) - They got so many cars/trucks/toys for their birthdays which was only last week so we have enough around the house already. Any of you have any good ideas for board games for 3-5 y/o?? They have Uno, Yahtzee and connect 4 already. Ive got Mousetrap for them and thinking of getting Guess Who and Operation??

Oh and I had a thought about the doppler thing and I can hear bubs moving in the doppler so at least that is comforting too right?

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Bimby we have the same issue with Xmas and birthdays. They are so close to each other I just get a mess of presents and divide it up lol

Lol rosie my first never slept so when number 2 came along I was thrilled he was sleeping. Well he slept so much he wouldn't get up to even nurse lol and the dr and my Mw were like u need to wake him up!! Anyway not the smartest mom moment

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 07:28 AM
My son has been a dream baby and toddler from the get go... so I've always said maybe the second will set us straight and be harder. Ha.

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Lol i like that my first was a challenge , I don't know how I would have handled it if it was the other way around

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 07:30 AM
Ugh I had the worst dream I got an u/s again at the same place and lady said "uh oh look now there's a penis"

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Winngrin, my basset was tough to train. They are notorious for being very stubborn!!! She's still adjusting too. And they do whine. Gary is 9 and still cries when we go to the vet.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Christmas 2012

Shellbelle
December 10th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Oh my goodness, 3m, your kids are adorable!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Thank you so much Shell!! How are you doing my friend?? Congrats on your baby boy.

luckylass
December 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
ThreeMenAndALady that is one of the cutest pictures ever. Your children are absolutely beautiful, you must be so proud of how cute they look there. :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Thank you luckylass!! They did a great job this year. It's tough getting all 4 of them to smile in a picture...and stand still. lol

mummypink
December 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Awww Threemen your children are just beautiful! How super cute is your little girl!!!! :) xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Thank you mummypink!!!

Rosie85
December 10th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Three! Gorgeous picture and children! Your daughter is too adorable for words!

Rosie85
December 10th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I too a glad my first well first two were more challenging. It can only get better and I know how to deal with so many problems and situations. I am super prepared for a third, just not ready to get up at night to feed, ick.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Thanks Rosie!!!

3girlsinarow
December 10th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Ive been so bad this year and I havent even started my Xmas shopping.. I know what Im going to get I just have to get off my butt and do it. So Im going to be extra cranky wrapping pressies this year as I have to tackle the masses to buy the pressies first.. note to self: be organised next year!!! Usually Im done in the mid season sales but a money was tight we held off this year. At least I know I wont over buy like I usually do. Ive decided Santa is getting the kids board games, books and a popcorn maker and perhaps a cd player for their bedroom (they share) - They got so many cars/trucks/toys for their birthdays which was only last week so we have enough around the house already. Any of you have any good ideas for board games for 3-5 y/o?? They have Uno, Yahtzee and connect 4 already. Ive got Mousetrap for them and thinking of getting Guess Who and Operation??

Oh and I had a thought about the doppler thing and I can hear bubs moving in the doppler so at least that is comforting too right?

My girls love Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. :)

Rosie85
December 10th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Also hi ho cherry o is a good game! Barn yard bingo, matching games, hungry hippo...did someone say that one?

Tiffani3
December 10th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Omg ThreeMenAndALady your kids are adorable such a lovely picture xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Thank you Tiffani!!!

homebirthing princess
December 10th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Awww 3m you have beautiful babies! Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks Hbp!!!

Shellbelle
December 10th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks, 3m. The morning sickness is back and has been hitting hard. I had a few weeks of feeling better and then the cycle started again. Basically I have to eat all day, because if my blood sugar drops and I throw up, I can't stop for hours. :( I'm ready to feel better so I can start enjoying this!

hotdogz&boyz
December 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Such a great christmas picture!! I am so astounded you even managed to get them all looking in one direction, much less to mention looking rather adorable! I can't get TWO of them to sit still and look decent. Lol.

I am sorry some ladies are still having a rough pregnancy. It would suck to be sick like that for so long. I guess part of the reason I enjoy pregnancy so much is that I really have an easy time of it. I shall count my blessings. Everyone loved to tell me with my first that if my pregnancy was so easy (and it was) that I would have a horrendous birth. But that was easy too. I guess pregnancy just agrees with some people and not with others. I am even looking forward to being huge and giving birth. I do feel for folks who just hate it.

Can I say...I am having so much fun knowing the sex of the baby and not telling any one. I am not hiding that we know, I am just hiding what it is. And it really drives people mad. Lol. We are only planning to keep it until after Christmas (and after our official anatomy scan, when we know all is healthy). But I am quite enjoying the guessing everyone is doing. It's pretty tied up with those who think boy and those who think girl. And I am amazed how few stupid comments I am getting since I already know. It might be a brilliant solution to those who stay team green and don't want dummies to say things about gender. Everyone is just enjoying guessing. It might not last and I am sure someone will have a stupid remark. But it seems a lot less than before when I said we didn't know what it was. Maybe folks are afraid to insult me, since I know what I am carrying. I wish I had tried this with my last baby!!

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Lol thats funny
It's killing me that I know too .
But same I don't want to say anything until after my scan next weds.

But people don't even know I know.

Except my mil bc her comment made me mad I had to respond lol

Mrs_P
December 10th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Christmas 2012

OMG :omg: that is the beautiful little girl i have seen for a long time, i know you said Ava was beautiful but she is going to break hearts when she's older! And i love all the handsome men surrounding her, they will be a force to reckoned with, good job when they have a sister that lovely. What a gorgeous family, you must be so proud x

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Need... to step away... from confirmed boy nubs. I'm comparing/contrasting again. Don't like this build up to Wednesday! :/

Brandles
December 10th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Need... to step away... from confirmed boy nubs. I'm comparing/contrasting again. Don't like this build up to Wednesday! :/

You poor thing. Hugs!! Its hard not to think about it and obsess. It's been confirmed 3 times that I'm having a girl and I'm still obsessing. I can't even bring myself to publicly announce it until after my anatomy scan. Sigh!!

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Anyone else get concerned about the effect multiple u/s can have on the baby?
My tech offered to check on baby again this week but I dono if so many u/s good.

Cinss
December 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Great pic 3M! Your kids all look so happy and well behaved :D

Rosie85
December 10th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Me spinning, I only had two with my first, one with the second and four already with this one. I know many people who have tons more and their babies are fine, but I still worry...it's what I do!

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Anyone else get concerned about the effect multiple u/s can have on the baby?
My tech offered to check on baby again this week but I dono if so many u/s good.

I just found this but don't know if it's reassuring or not!

Safety of diagnostic ultrasound in fetal scanning (http://www.centrus.com.br/DiplomaFMF/SeriesFMF/doppler/capitulos-html/chapter_02.htm)

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 05:19 PM
You poor thing. Hugs!! Its hard not to think about it and obsess. It's been confirmed 3 times that I'm having a girl and I'm still obsessing. I can't even bring myself to publicly announce it until after my anatomy scan. Sigh!!

Over lunch today my husband said he would really personally want to stop at two for eco reasons with overpopulation... and I told him for me I don't want to make any permanent plans because I'd be open to a third dependent on if I felt like I still wasn't complete. We're planning on adopting in the future, too, so either way we'll end up with a big family.

However, it just made me want to sit and stare at the nub in the images of mine even more. It's like... it does look like a lot of the confirmed girl nubs, but it also looks like the boy ones... which is just crazy-inducing.

I'll be just as happy with a boy, I totally will. I don't think I'd get depressed at all if it's a boy. But it's that thing... I'm in it, so I sort of want and am leaning towards it (in wanting a girl)... and I never had this anxiousness before the scan with my son. So it's kind of annoying me and I can't shake it!

mummypink
December 10th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I think it's pretty normal Suregena, I was only nervous to find out if everything was ok when I had my scan with ds1 gender really didn't matter at all. With ds2 I hoped it was a girl as it would take the pressure off when we had a third (as we always planned to have three) but at the same time as we had a small age gap between them I thought a little brother close in age would be really nice too.
This time the pressure just felt crazy and it was horrible, I had all the usual nerves of whether everything was going to be ok with the baby and on top of that the overwhelming desire for it to be a girl which I absolutely hated.

Even now I have got my head around another boy and we have pretty much agreed on the name I'm still hoping they may have got it wrong and that by some miracle when I have my scan at 32 weeks they'll tell me the penis has vanished and it is a girl after all! Mental.

I am considering a 4th, but in all honesty I hope that once I'm holding my new little man I'll feel that my family is complete. I'm not sure I believe the sadness over never having a daughter will ever properly go though. :(

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
I know. I have three aunts. One aunt has three boys. The other has 2 boys. The third has 1 girl (my only girl 1st cousin on my mom's side whose like my sister! We're so close in age... months difference) and 1 boy. Then my mom has three boys and 1 girl (me). My husband has two brothers (one is no longer alive... died in the '90s.) His dad had two brothers. My mom, though, was a family of four girls. So pretty heavily surrounded by boys!

However, my oldest brother has 1 boy and 1 girl. My second oldest brother has 1 boy and 1 girl. So, it's all strange... that desire... that want of a sort of balance. But knowing my grandparents, they never showed a hint of wishing they had a boy because look... they ended up surrounded by grandsons galore! And my aunts with only boys seem perfectly content. So I figure if that is to be my path, too, that I will also have that content feeling.

My mother in law is VERY bitter and resentful she never had a girl and she has put immense verbal pressure on me to be the one to get her that girl, which is really, really irritating, to be honest.

It's hard. But I'm certain you'll be in love with your little boy, like I would be if this turns out to be a boy. They're all such individuals that in the end, what does the gender matter? It's hard to try to shake the GD, though, for sure.

coocoobananas
December 10th, 2012, 06:29 PM
I know. I have three aunts. One aunt has three boys. The other has 2 boys. The third has 1 girl (my only girl 1st cousin on my mom's side whose like my sister! We're so close in age... months difference) and 1 boy. Then my mom has three boys and 1 girl (me). My husband has two brothers (one is no longer alive... died in the '90s.) His dad had two brothers. My mom, though, was a family of four girls. So pretty heavily surrounded by boys!

However, my oldest brother has 1 boy and 1 girl. My second oldest brother has 1 boy and 1 girl. So, it's all strange... that desire... that want of a sort of balance. But knowing my grandparents, they never showed a hint of wishing they had a boy because look... they ended up surrounded by grandsons galore! And my aunts with only boys seem perfectly content. So I figure if that is to be my path, too, that I will also have that content feeling.

My mother in law is VERY bitter and resentful she never had a girl and she has put immense verbal pressure on me to be the one to get her that girl, which is really, really irritating, to be honest.

It's hard. But I'm certain you'll be in love with your little boy, like I would be if this turns out to be a boy. They're all such individuals that in the end, what does the gender matter? It's hard to try to shake the GD, though, for sure.

I hope I don't end up the bitter mil who never had a girl but maybe you could talk to her about it? Speaking now from personal experience, it is a very hard pill to swallow and her bitterness is probably stemmed from sadness. Maybe just let her know that you acknowledge her loss but that you are trying to stay positive and really ok with another boy and that her feelings are putting a lot of pressure on you and that is defiantly not fair!
I hope you do have peace if its a boy, its a horrible feeling not to and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I wish I'd always have happy days about it (cause I do) but its hard, it just doesn't seem fair:/

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 06:36 PM
I hope I don't end up the bitter mil who never had a girl but maybe you could talk to her about it? Speaking now from personal experience, it is a very hard pill to swallow and her bitterness is probably stemmed from sadness. Maybe just let her know that you acknowledge her loss but that you are trying to stay positive and really ok with another boy and that her feelings are putting a lot of pressure on you and that is defiantly not fair!
I hope you do have peace if its a boy, its a horrible feeling not to and I wouldn't wish it on anyone! I wish I'd always have happy days about it (cause I do) but its hard, it just doesn't seem fair:/

I do honestly think I'll be okay. Will she? Who knows! The build up is what's making me go crazy.

She's hard to talk to like that, unfortunately. She's in her almost late 70s, from a sort of pre-war Britain era and does not really communicate her feelings all that much or all that well. She's taken me in like a sort of daughter and I have filled in some of that hole a bit but if I hear, "Hope it's healthy but also hope it's a girl." one more time... ! But, then, naturally, I'd love a girl! So maybe I'm just as bad?!

I'll just be glad when Wednesday night scan is done and over and I know and I can start moving on beyond this part of unknowingness and can put a name to this precious little one and get ready for the end of May.

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 06:40 PM
And I also wish I could take away everyone's sad feelings. It makes me so sad reading and I wish I could say more, that's why a lot of times I don't say anything at all... because I don't know what to say. :(

:hugs:

Bimby
December 10th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Threemen&alady - your kids are beautiful!!!! What a stunning picture, love it! x

Surgena, I totally understand your nerves hun, I'll be the same I know it. I already look at the boy & girl nubs now so imagine what Id be like the days before.. ugh I'll need you ladies to internet slap me lol Dont worry about your MIL she'll get over it, it's probably anticipation nerves for her too and once she knows Im sure she'll be happy for you, and if not well let that be her issue not yours. 2 boys are great if thats what happens (although Im sure you have a pinky) and for the record both my 2 were good kids with sleep etc so dont be afraid of that (i have to be honest though, Im already thinking if this one is a girl I bet I have a terror lol!!! I had it way to easy with my boys lol) Good Luck for tomorrrow hon x

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 06:49 PM
It's on Wednesday - so I've got tomorrow to get through and Wednesday at work, then after work I'm heading to the scan. Oooof! Husband is leaving work early and meeting me part way there because it's in another city.

suregena
December 10th, 2012, 06:50 PM
A sort-of like cousin (it's my uncle's nephew's wife - my aunt is the one I'm related to) is two months ahead of me and she's having her second boy, and I'll be seeing her when I get to the US. So if it's a boy, I'll be in good company, I think... which I find a nice comforting feeling, really!

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I was like mummypink. Number two I wanted a girl to my worry about being able to have one but it wasn't a big deal. I was actually excited for Ds to have a brother. But with number 3 I was very nervous

Bimby
December 10th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Its Tues here already lol I get so confused, so I have to wait til Thursday for your update, was getting ahead of myself lol

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Rosie- I think part of my hesitation is that I had quite a few with ds1 bc they were monitoring my fluid and only one with ds2. Ds1 had a speech delay and some sensory issues when he was younger. He's caught up now thanks to my friend who was an ot and literally got him in at 3 weeks old. But I do wonder

Bimby
December 10th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I had a heap of U/S with DS1 - He was IVF and i was sure I was going to lose him (had suffered a m/c prior to him was a bit scared) I had about 5 in the first 12 weeks - then I had a bleeding scare at 17 weeks - was sure I had an incompetent cervix so had scans to measure that, then I found a heart issue on my doppler after the anatomy scan so had a few after that too lol (neurotic..... just slightly lol) Oh and he had enlarged kidneys so had that monitored. He is completely fine, never had a problem with anything but I did worry about too many scans. DS2 I had a few scans too as I had a fibroid that they had to monitor but it was no where near the same as DS1 - both came out ok so far, so hoping there are no adverse affects to having too many scans. My Ob has a 3D scanner at her office and she uses it at every visit to check heartbeat. Its never for very long and she really uses 2D mainly, only 3D for a minute. Here's hoping all our babies are born healthy and safe xx

spinningmadly
December 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Thanks bimby that makes me feel better!
What was the heart issue with the Doppler?

As far as your ob checking Hb every time, some studies ive read have actually shown that Doppler is worse than u/s and most use dopplers every time, so I think that's a plus for yours!

Bimby
December 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
Thanks spinning - I noticed DS1's heart went fast for a while every now and then, it was very noticable to me. Apparently it was his heart working out it's rythym and it is quite common but they checked him every 4-6 weeks. I worried as DH has a problem with his heart where it beats abnormally fast occassionally so I thought perhaps it was that. It was fine once he was born, but scary for me at the time.

Lassie1982
December 11th, 2012, 04:55 AM
And I also wish I could take away everyone's sad feelings. It makes me so sad reading and I wish I could say more, that's why a lot of times I don't say anything at all... because I don't know what to say. :(

:hugs:

That's one of the sweetest things I have read xo

Lassie1982
December 11th, 2012, 05:06 AM

Good luck! Not long to go now......
I know exactly how you feel, I was exactly the same.

Trust me it will be such a relief on Wednesday that the guessing is over, I think relief was one of the biggest things I felt after my, a small amount of sadness and deflation, but overwhelming love and relief, and such comfort and peace in being able to stop the wondering and just enjoy the pregnancy.

As for DH, don't let it get you down. My DH was hellbent against a 3rd, to the point where he was talking about a vasectomy, and only stopped when I burst into to tears begging him to stop talking about it because a third is something I definitely want to consider (this was before we found out gender, my number was always 3 or 4)
Anyways, after the scan he has mentioned that he is open to a third, which is his gd coming out.. Point is, as adamant as a man can be (and believe me my husband can be one stubborn pommy!) they change their minds just as much as us women do :)

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 07:30 AM
So my babies heart rate used to be super fast, 160s then 150-160s . At my last scan and since then when I've been using the doppler it's only 140. It's normal it would slow down that much right??

mummypink
December 11th, 2012, 07:53 AM
Yep that's normal Spinning don't worry. It can also depend on whether they are sleeping or moving around, sometimes I get mine and it is in the 140s and other times it is up in the 150s. xxx

Bimby
December 11th, 2012, 08:23 AM
Totally normal hun x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 11th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Spinning, from what I've been told, the bigger the baby gets, the slower the heart beats. This baby was in the 160's and is now in the 140's. Your little GIRL is doing great in there.

Turning the page
December 11th, 2012, 08:29 AM
That gives me some hope, Lassie! However, I had to spend a great deal of time talking DH into having a second, so I think a third would be 99% impossible. He has moments of dread now imagining life with two kidlets...he's an only child, so the thought is scary and foreign to him. I'm a little nervous as well; having one is pretty tough as it is! We both work full-time, and have no family nearby, so it's a daily circus getting everyone dressed, fed, and out the door by 7:15 every morning. I get home by 5:30, so it's circus #2 in the evenings getting home, fixing dinner, cleaning, laundry, packing food for the next day, and getting DS in bed by 7:30-8:00. Sorry for the whine, but I'm really feeling it today. Hoping we can afford for me to go part-time when #2 arrives. I'm the primary revenue-earner, so we have been talking about selling our home and downsizing to stay within our budget. Not the direction we wanted to go in our mid-30's, but oh well. Sorry again for the vent, ladies. Can't wait for your scan tomorrow, suregena! :)
And spinning, it's totally normal for the Hr to drop in the second trimester and beyond. I understand your nervousness though!

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 09:58 AM
thanks everyone!
i thought it was normal but weird because it didn't happen last time so I always wonder if this or that was part of the issue last time , since we never got a clear answer

Brandles
December 11th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Spinning, I agree with the others. It's totally normal for the hr to drop. Mine was in the high 160's and its now in the 130-150 range, but usually settles in the low 140's.

Speaking of the baby's hr, I was freaked out yesterday. Baby must have been doing flips inside or something because it took me a while to find her hr. I can usually find it right away. The 2nd thing that worried me is the hr dropped from the 140's to 114 for a while and I think that is way too low. It went back up, but I kept checking it all day to make sure I still got a hb. I love being pregnant, but the worrying never stops.

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Are you getting the 114 from
The Doppler or couting?

Brandles
December 11th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Are you getting the 114 from
The Doppler or couting?

It's from the Doppler. I was thinking it was probably because she was moving around so much, although I wasn't really feeling any movements, I could just hear swishes and thumps and every once in a while I can feel the movements. Idk? Enough to make me worry though.

mummypink
December 11th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Brandles I wonder if she was near something where the doppler was picking up your heartbeat too and taking an average of the two? x

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I think sometimes if its faint too because she was moving it didn't pick up every beat and count it.
I noticed one of my dopplers would do that.

I only pay attention to the # it says if I can clearly hear it. Mine has a little icon that flashes when it gets the beat so I know its counting it and not missing it

Lassie1982
December 11th, 2012, 12:56 PM
That gives me some hope, Lassie! However, I had to spend a great deal of time talking DH into having a second, so I think a third would be 99% impossible. He has moments of dread now imagining life with two kidlets...he's an only child, so the thought is scary and foreign to him. I'm a little nervous as well; having one is pretty tough as it is! We both work full-time, and have no family nearby, so it's a daily circus getting everyone dressed, fed, and out the door by 7:15 every morning. I get home by 5:30, so it's circus #2 in the evenings getting home, fixing dinner, cleaning, laundry, packing food for the next day, and getting DS in bed by 7:30-8:00. Sorry for the whine, but I'm really feeling it today. Hoping we can afford for me to go part-time when #2 arrives. I'm the primary revenue-earner, so we have been talking about selling our home and downsizing to stay within our budget. Not the direction we wanted to go in our mid-30's, but oh well. Sorry again for the vent, ladies. Can't wait for your scan tomorrow, suregena! :)
And spinning, it's totally normal for the Hr to drop in the second trimester and beyond. I understand your nervousness though!

I completely understand and sympathise, for most of ds's life I have also worked full time, and yes it's a circus, life just seems like a total rushed blur sometimes.
I think the reason DH has started thinking about a third is because we agreed that I wouldn't be going back to full time work till all the kids are in school, luckily I have the sort of job (analytics) that I could, if need be, do from home, so if $$ must I can try and look at doing some part time work .
I've known couples that have downsized and they have never looked back! Happiness comes from the heart, not the size of the home, so if its going to ease the financials strains and give you the opportunity to have more family time the you should look at it :)

Brandles
December 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Brandles I wonder if she was near something where the doppler was picking up your heartbeat too and taking an average of the two? x

Possibly, never thought of it averaging the two. I've also had readings as high as in the 190's, but again thought maybe I moved the Doppler too fast or she moved and it made it go haywire. Wasn't too worried about the high reading tho. I used to be an ob/gyn nurse and I never really dealt with the Doppler and hb's, but when I ran the patients nst's all this reminds me is decells in the hr and that's what worried me.

I think sometimes if its faint too because she was moving it didn't pick up every beat and count it.
I noticed one of my dopplers would do that.

I only pay attention to the # it says if I can clearly hear it. Mine has a little icon that flashes when it gets the beat so I know its counting it and not missing it

Just curious as to what kind of Doppler you have? I have one from baby beat, just because it was the same one my Dr uses. I'm only renting it and thinking about actually buying one so I could check in her more frequently. The rent is $49/mo... A little pricey to keep all 9 months... I usually mail it back when I start feeling the baby full force, I think I want it longer. :wink:

hotdogz&boyz
December 11th, 2012, 02:53 PM
My Doppler picks up all kinds of crazy beat counts. But I know it's pretty accurate when I can count the beat right along with it. Sometimes its 220 something (baby behind the placenta) and sometimes it 60 something (just blood flow or my heartbeat). I try not to worry too much until I know I have found the baby and am getting a steady beat (which is hard, mine likes to run from me). But its hard. I am a ball of worry at this stage and always have been. I just need to get beyond the anatomy scan and then I might be okay. For a first milestone at least.

I do try to limit Doppler and sonograms for paranoid reasons. With DS 1 I had five sonograms. With DS 2 I had double that (10). This time I have had five so far and expecting at least 2-3 more. But I try to only use the Doppler once a week and that makes me a little less paranoid. I do feel baby pretty regularly lately. Although I did listen last night, just to check. Baby seems to be sticking to 160, but she jumps around ALOT for my liking. I have gotten readings from 140-170, both at the doc and at home.

I do agree that waiting is the worst part of the sonogram thing. It nearly killed me those last couple days. And I am already doing it for my anatomy scan, wanting to know all is okay and healthy. But I generally am a nervous person, so I imagine that plays into things a bit. I obsess about things, so it makes sense that if I have something to be concerned about...I'll be obsessed. Sigh. I will be going back on my meds at 20 weeks. I hate to use them in the beginning when all is developing though, just in case.

mummypink
December 11th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I started sorting out baby clothes today, I've put loads of stuff in bags and taken it to the charity shop. Things that I had been given but my first two hardly used, and also most of the girls stuff I had been given. I've kept a few girls things, about half a carrier bag full of my favourite things just in case I'm lucky enough to get a daughter one day. My dh told me I was crazy and I should just charity shop it all as if we do have a daughter one day we can always get stuff then but I just had to hold on to a few bits. At least until I know for definite whether we're going to have a 4th and I won't know that until this one has arrived.
I suppose I am also still clinging onto that tiny miracle that this one turns out to be a girl, and that it was a misplaced foot or something that just happened to clearly look like boys bits!

I read on a different forum about a baby girl that is only about a week old and was born with a heart problem that they can't do anything about despite their best efforts. Her parents have been allowed to take her home to spend her last few days with them. So desperately sad and it was yet another wake up call that a healthy baby is most definitely my biggest wish.

Good luck for tomorrow Suregena, I'll be thinking of you and keeping my fingers crossed you hear girl. xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 11th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I need your opinion ladies. We go to a friends Christmas party every year, and I just found out that the stomach bug has gone through their house. My friend is still out sick with the bug today. We take the kids with us, and I'm a germ freak. The party is this Saturday. I'm thinking about cancelling. If we get a virus in our house it lasts for a long time. Would you ladies go, or would you pass?

mummypink
December 11th, 2012, 03:13 PM
I think I would pass, I seriously wouldn't want to risk getting the bug while pregnant and even if I wasn't pregnant I wouldn't fancy the kids getting poorly so close to Christmas. I'm sure your friends will understand? xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 11th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Thanks mummypink. I agree!!! My dh still wants to go, but in the end I'll win that discussion...lol.

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
gah I would pass
my nephew had a stomach bug last xmas they gave us went through my whole house for xmas was awful.
anyway especially if i was pregnant, that would suck
bimby i have a sonotrax. its actually really good and seems accurate. but i got it from tinyheartbeats.org , its a non profit for people that have had prior losses they give you a doppler from 12 weeks on to hear your baby.
before the 12 weeks i was super paranoid too and i had a hi bebe one from a friend, worked fine actually but the hb count on it sucked. and i had rented one from belly beats. which was a good one but i didnt pay the extra for one with the count, I just counted myself lol.

Mrs_P
December 11th, 2012, 03:25 PM
I need your opinion ladies. We go to a friends Christmas party every year, and I just found out that the stomach bug has gone through their house. My friend is still out sick with the bug today. We take the kids with us, and I'm a germ freak. The party is this Saturday. I'm thinking about cancelling. If we get a virus in our house it lasts for a long time. Would you ladies go, or would you pass?

I would pass, we had a sick bug the other week. Needless to say like dominos we all got it, lasted over 2 weeks from first one to last one being ill and i was the roughest of all (think its cause of pregnancy) struggled to even stand up (had temps and stomach cramps etc to) and found it really really hard to look after kids, not to mention sleepless nights of cleaning up sick. Not pleasant and we have only just recovered, those things pass so easily, especially if you are in their house bugs can survive for days after last person is better and no longer catching - avoid like the plague, trust me!!!!

Shellbelle
December 11th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I would totally pass. I'm a germ freak and basically bleach my entire house when someone's sick -- but I know that most people don't do that, so I tend to be cautious when I hear "we had the most AWFUL stomach bug, but I think it's over now, so why don't you come by?"

Mrs_P
December 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I would totally pass. I'm a germ freak and basically bleach my entire house when someone's sick -- but I know that most people don't do that, so I tend to be cautious when I hear "we had the most AWFUL stomach bug, but I think it's over now, so why don't you come by?"

OMG i thought i was the only one, i bleach until my hands are sore. I don't think you have a choice though when you have a few kids otherwise everything just spreads. Probably TMI but i remember when we had the norovirus really bad when ds2 was only a month old and i was so worried he'd catch it i even anti-bac'd my boobs before i fed him - worked though he was the only one that didn't catch it

Turning the page
December 11th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Quote of the day from my 2-year old: "Mommy, you toot lots and lots."
Too funny not to share. Sorry.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 11th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Shell, can you tell me what you know about cloth diapers? I know they're better for the environment, but are they cheaper than disposables? And is it more work?

Shellbelle
December 11th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Your initial investment can be a few hundred $$, depending on what kind you buy. And once we finished building our stash, we didn't have to pay for diapers anymore, LOL. So overall, yes, they're cheaper. We actually started with them because my ds had a terrible reaction to whatever's in the new Pampers -- bleeding ulcers that wouldn't go away until we stopped using the diapers. We have only had a few minor rashes (mainly after someone gives him juice) with cloth. I was skeptical at first, because I really don't need any extra work around here, but seriously, they haven't added much to my overall routine.

They've added about 2 loads of laundry a week, and we had to buy a separate detergent (don't use regular detergent on the diapers or it can cause them to be less absorbent). BUT, we haven't had the overnight leaks that we had with disposables, which saves me a couple of washer loads a week because I don't have to change the bedding. If you air dry, it saves you more money because you're not running the dryer, but I usually machine dry mine for speed. ;)

I started out with some diapers I hated (g diapers and an off-brand), and eventually moved to BumGenius. They're pricey up front, but even the pocket diapers are very similar to disposables in terms of ease of use. I've added a couple to my stash every month, so preparing for this baby hasn't been too painful money-wise. And now we have enough that we should have at least 2 days worth of diapers, even with a newborn.

Basically, when I change him, I roll whatever's in the diaper into the toilet. We have a sprayer attached to the water line on the toilet that I use if the diaper is still messy (and that's optional). Then I throw the used diaper into a pail that is lined with a washable bag, and when it's time to do diaper laundry, I throw the whole bag into the washer. Prewash, wash in hot, and then an extra rinse. I've found that we don't have any diaper pail stink, probably because there's really nothing stinky left in the diaper once it goes in the pail. When we're on the road, I have some cute, waterproof, washable zippered bags to put the used diapers in.

And after typing all that, I realized that it's probably more info than you really wanted. ;)

I will say that I probably will use whatever disposables the hospital sends home with us until the meconium poops are over. That stuff is just nasty.

Shellbelle
December 11th, 2012, 04:42 PM
BTW, every time I see your signature, I want to say OWEN REID! YES, OWEN REID! in response to the question mark. :) I love that name. This little guy will probably be Harrison Crosby (both are family names). Unless DH changes his mind AGAIN. LOL

Turning the page
December 11th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Shell, can you tell me what you know about cloth diapers? I know they're better for the environment, but are they cheaper than disposables? And is it more work?

I'm totally hijacking your question, but I had to butt in. We cloth diaper and we LOVE it. Of course it's environmentally friendly, but yes, it is so much cheaper than disposables!! We have spent a total of $350 on Wyatt's diapers since birth, which is a drop in the bucket compared to over 2 years in disposables. Now, having answered that question I have to be honest and tell you that it is much more work. I can't lie. But I manage to do it while working full time, so it's entirely doable. The first six months are a breeze if your infant is exclusively BF. No rinsing of poo required at that age--just throw em in the washer! So even if you just did it the first six months, it would still save you money, especially if you just use prefolds and covers (what we did when Wyatt was little). HTH! :)

Turning the page
December 11th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Shellbelle--we use bum genius pretty much exclusively now too! Very daycare friendly too. :) I sold the diapers I didn't really like on a local diaper swap on Facebook. Actually recouped about 2/3 of my money!

Cinss
December 11th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Quote of the day from my 2-year old: "Mommy, you toot lots and lots."
Too funny not to share. Sorry.

hehe i love what comes out of kids mouths sometimes. The other day DD 2 year old climbed onto my lap and because my boobs have grown she was trying to push them out of her way, she looked up at me and said "Mummy, your more" :)

TT_3814
December 11th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I'm glad to see bum genius fans here! :D Those are the diapers I have my heart set on and I'm hoping to start stocking up after the holidays.

Rosie85
December 11th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I tried cloth, didn't work out the greatest for my boys. I will try it again with the next.

Just when I think my day is so awful and I don't have much to be thankful for I log into Facebook and see someone has it much worse. Feel like I should be slapped.

Shellbelle
December 11th, 2012, 06:38 PM
I'm glad to see bum genius fans here! :D Those are the diapers I have my heart set on and I'm hoping to start stocking up after the holidays.

I have used both the 4.0 pocket dipes and the Freetime all-in-ones, and both are great. You will love them.

mrshonyez
December 11th, 2012, 06:39 PM

I would also pass... I know I posted about it on here, but when I was about 14 weeks I went to a friends house for lunch, and she said they had the bug about a week-2 weeks ago. I didn't think anything of it until I got really sick a few days later. Got dehydrated and had contractions and all. Then DS1 got it, then DS2, then both my parents as we were visiting for a few weeks. Ugh it was terrible.
And I just wanted to agree with the other ladies on the cloth diapering, we love it! I use mostly gogreen pocket diapers (my favorite by far!) and fuzzibunz. It's saved us a ton of money. DS2 has had a few rashes, but coconut oil cleared it right up.

Rosie85
December 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I never thought to use coconut oil with cloth for rashes! My boys constantly had rashes while in cloth, no matter the diaper or cleanser. Drove me nuts.

mrshonyez
December 11th, 2012, 07:08 PM
I never thought to use coconut oil with cloth for rashes! My boys constantly had rashes while in cloth, no matter the diaper or cleanser. Drove me nuts.

I didn't either, but I had bought some to use on my hair and came across several other uses online for it! I use it for his skin now too in place of lotion, and it works great!! He was getting bad rashes at my moms due to her water, but I couldn't figure out what exactly was wrong. He would blister and everything, but the coconut oil cleared it pretty quick.

Rosie85
December 11th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Maybe it's our water that is irritating them, don't know what else it could be!

mrshonyez
December 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
I know there's ways to adjust things, but I just couldn't figure it out at her house. But I felt so bad for him, his little booty was so sore!

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I cloth diapered w both kids but quit after a few months with Ds2. We have really soft water and it always takes forever to rinse all the soap out. I got tired of changing up washing routines to figure it out

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Bimby - I was just thinking that's a hefty price for just renting a doppler. You could buy a pretty nice one Instead of renting and then just sell it when done

hotdogz&boyz
December 11th, 2012, 07:40 PM
We have cloth diapered exclusively since my first son was 9 months old (he is just over 3 now). K was in them from his very first diaper. And we quite like it. It took me about 6 months to work out the kinks though (between detergent, water hardness, fabrics against the skin, brands we liked)...but since then it has been so smooth that I hate having to use disposables (true story!) Our stash is now saving us money, although I admit I didn't really do it primarily for the money saving reasons. If I had, I would have a much smaller, more practical stash. As it stands, my stash is really large and has tons of prints/fun styles. It is also the most ******lined and contains primarily AIOS (all-in-ones). I have a fair amount of Elementals, which are BumGenius brand as well. I just cringe when I see how many disposables we used during the week we were in Florida with my in-laws (too much to take on a plane, otherwise I would have brought cloth). It was two giant trash bags worth. And about 80 diapers!! And I am not some environmental nut, I just don't like all that waste. So cloth is something that works for us. :)

Bimby
December 11th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Bimby - I was just thinking that's a hefty price for just renting a doppler. You could buy a pretty nice one Instead of renting and then just sell it when done

Hmmmm I think you may be getting me confused ?? I have an angelbeats doppler that I bought with DS1, not sure who is renting?? :)

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 08:52 PM
Haha i meant brandles sorry. The b's got me confused!

spinningmadly
December 11th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Ugh I'm too scared to get into it again. We used fitteds and I had knit all these cute woolie pants etc. anyway I sold them all. I don't feel like trying and quitting again lol

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Tonight's the night! :nails:

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 03:15 AM

Good luck sweetie xx

homebirthing princess
December 12th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Good luck suregena I'm sure you have a pinky in there.....can't wait for your update :) xx

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 03:35 AM
:HH: Thinking of you my friend Surgena, no matter what you find out today it will be okay! I promise you! :) I do think it's a girl though.
I will also be happy when you have relief and then can look forward and can go on to enjoy special and precious time during the Holidays with your family! The scan day is here!!!! Eeeek!!! :running:

Bimby
December 12th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Wooohooo! Im sure you will hear PINK but the relief of putting the nubsession to rest will be such a good feeling either way I imagine. I cant wait to hear your update - of course I will probably be sleeping at the time but I get to wake up to your news!! So exciting!!! :):):)

Cinss
December 12th, 2012, 03:52 AM
You will be fine Suregena :) best of luck even though you dont need it. Cant wait for the update!

luckylass
December 12th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Best of luck although I bet you will hear PINK. Hope the day flies by for you as the waiting is the worst.

Lassie1982
December 12th, 2012, 05:02 AM

Statistically speaking the gender spilt is still too far off norm so the balance of probabilities is that you will hear GIRL

(Don't mind me, I do statistics and analytics for a living so I sometimes live and breath in numbers!)

Good luck, will be thinking of you xo

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Statistically speaking the gender spilt is still too far off norm so the balance of probabilities is that you will hear GIRL

(Don't mind me, I do statistics and analytics for a living so I sometimes live and breath in numbers!)

Good luck, will be thinking of you xo

AMEN!

Bimby
December 12th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Just excited here, I felt baby a few times today (only like 3 or 4 lol) I just cant wait to feel him/her all the time, I get butterflies everytime I feel it, it is sooo beautiful and being as this is our last little baby I want to treasure every moment.. I just wish I didnt have the cushioning of fat and placenta in the way!! Im sure this LO is a mover and shaker after seeing my early U/s.. anyway, Yay for baby kicks :):):)

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Good luck staking:,)

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM
What time is your scan??

Praying4Pink
December 12th, 2012, 10:01 AM

Surgena even though I am not a member of this due date group, we were obsessing with each other in the TWW group for many months and I have been stalking you. I'm sorry if that is super creepy :rofl: I just wanted to post and say that I am thinking of you and I pray that you hear those beautiful three words..."IT'S A GIRL!!!!". :luck:

Winngrin
December 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Good luck Surgena!!

Shellbelle
December 12th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Thinking of you today, suregena!

3girlsinarow
December 12th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Good luck today suregena...praying you will hear those wonderful words you have been waiting for..."it's a girl". Either way, praying for a healthy report on your sweet baby. I know this day is probably a nervous one to get through....can't wait to hear your announcement later. I'm not sure of the time difference.....I'm in the US on the east coast...anyone know how that will translate to her scan time? I am clueless about the time differences....:fx:

On another note, I have finally started feeling my little guy move...I am 20 weeks today....yay for half-way there! For the last few nights, I have been able to feel him a little here and there, but still nothing really as I go through my day. I will be so relieved to feel him throughout the day.....funny how I can't wait to get kicked so hard. :)

mummypink
December 12th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Good luck Surgena , my fingers are crossed for you! Less than 4 hours to your scan! Eeeeek!!!

To add to the nappies debate - I've always used disposable nappies, I considered cloth ones for environmental reasons but then I read several reports that said it had pretty much been proven that with the extra use of the washing machine, chemicals used to wash them etc etc that the environmental impact was pretty much the same.
Nappies funnily enough aren't something that are massively expensive over here either (unlike other things) although I imagine you do save a lot using cloth nappies, especially when using them for several los. xx

Brandles
December 12th, 2012, 10:56 AM
This thread moves so fast... I love it, but I seriously had to read what felt like 5 pages to keep up here. Every time I would read yesterday something would happen and I'd have to start all over.

Love the talk on cloth... I got my feet wet with ds3 and did cloth briefly just before potty training. I'd love to do it again, but my question is, will it save $$$ in the long run if this is my last baby?

About going to the party with a house full of people that just recovered from being sick... I'd definitely stay home this year. Wouldn't want to risk my whole family getting sick, especially me being pregnant.

gah I would pass
my nephew had a stomach bug last xmas they gave us went through my whole house for xmas was awful.
anyway especially if i was pregnant, that would suck
bimby i have a sonotrax. its actually really good and seems accurate. but i got it from tinyheartbeats.org , its a non profit for people that have had prior losses they give you a doppler from 12 weeks on to hear your baby.
before the 12 weeks i was super paranoid too and i had a hi bebe one from a friend, worked fine actually but the hb count on it sucked. and i had rented one from belly beats. which was a good one but i didnt pay the extra for one with the count, I just counted myself lol.

Thank you so much... I will definitely be looking into buying one. I could always pass it down to my sis when I'm done!!

OMG i thought i was the only one, i bleach until my hands are sore. I don't think you have a choice though when you have a few kids otherwise everything just spreads. Probably TMI but i remember when we had the norovirus really bad when ds2 was only a month old and i was so worried he'd catch it i even anti-bac'd my boobs before i fed him - worked though he was the only one that didn't catch it

This is totally me... Minus sanitizing my boobs... Lmao! You totally had me laughing when I read this. :) I needed a good laugh with my stressful day yesterday. :)

Brandles
December 12th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Oh and Surgena, don't think I forgot about you girlie... I've been thinking of you all day and stalking for your update!! My fingers and toes are crossed for you!!! Baby girl is sending some pink dust your way!!!

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Oh myyyyy! 4pm now... left work and about to go get my son from his childminder's house then I'll be heading by train to the city my scan is in. Ahhhhh! For those keeping track, I've got 3 1/2 hours to scan time. I have a headache and feel like a ball of nerves! About both the scan and my big flight tomorrow! Feel sick!
Two of my male coworkers said they officially guess a boy for me because I seem like a 'two son mum' (by the way, I am American so I go by mom!!) I hope to prove them wrong, but we'll see. Uggggh... soooo nervous!

mummypink
December 12th, 2012, 11:15 AM
I hate all that 'you're a typical boy mum' stuff what on earth is that all about?!

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 11:21 AM
I bet you are suregena good luck again will be stalking!!! ;)
xx

mummypink
December 12th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Just saw this on fb and had to share it with you all as it made me laugh!!

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 11:37 AM
That's soooooo cute! X

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I hate all that 'you're a typical boy mum' stuff what on earth is that all about?!

I agree mummypink. I don't think there's anything typical about a mom...boy or girl. That's just a comment typical close- minded people use.

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Oh myyyyy! 4pm now... left work and about to go get my son from his childminder's house then I'll be heading by train to the city my scan is in. Ahhhhh! For those keeping track, I've got 3 1/2 hours to scan time. I have a headache and feel like a ball of nerves! About both the scan and my big flight tomorrow! Feel sick!
Two of my male coworkers said they officially guess a boy for me because I seem like a 'two son mum' (by the way, I am American so I go by mom!!) I hope to prove them wrong, but we'll see. Uggggh... soooo nervous!
2 hours:.)

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 12:31 PM
On train now!

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 12:32 PM
How's everyone doing,not posted for a while but I keep up with you all every day,just thought I would come tell you my c section was booked yesterday,my princess will be delivered on Monday 8th April 2013,:.)

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Just saw this on fb and had to share it with you all as it made me laugh!!

Lol I saw this last night and had to show DH. Too funny!
Stalking as usual :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 12:35 PM
How's everyone doing,not posted for a while but I keep up with you all every day,just thought I would come tell you my c section was booked yesterday,my princess will be delivered on Monday 8th April 2013,:.)

That's the day my first baby was born, in 2005. Wonderful day to have a baby ynwa!!!

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
That's the day my first baby was born, in 2005. Wonderful day to have a baby ynwa!!!

:.) my ds1 was born April 2nd 05,so only 6 days between birthdays:.)

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM
Oh and I just wanted to say thanks for the advice a few days ago ladies! I've been more conscious about remembering to take my prenatals, and I haven't had the 'near-fainting' feeling since :) I would bet it was my iron! I've had like 2 times where I suddenly felt pretty run down, but that's probably just from being pregnant.

Rosie85
December 12th, 2012, 12:43 PM

This is the day I hope I have my Teddy! I love the number 8 and was suppose to have my other two on that day, that was their due dates but they were both early. This time it says my due date is the 12th so early could be the 8th! haha

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I hope I go a little late. May 5th sounds good. And my favorite number is 5.

TT_3814
December 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
I have used both the 4.0 pocket dipes and the Freetime all-in-ones, and both are great. You will love them.

Thank you, Shell. I'm looking forward to it! :)

Thinking pink for you, Surgena! xx

I'm so happy for those of you feeling your babies moving, it such a wonderful feeling! :HH:

Great tip about the coconut oil, Mrshoneyz! :)

I don't blame you about considering staying home instead of going to someone's house after an illness went through, Spinning. I turned down going to my brother's house on Thanksgiving for that reason. They had a spare room I could go in to continue my bed rest but with my SIL "feeling under the weather" I wasn't going to take any chances.

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 12:52 PM
This is the day I hope I have my Teddy! I love the number 8 and was suppose to have my other two on that day, that was their due dates but they were both early. This time it says my due date is the 12th so early could be the 8th! haha

Well I will keep everything crossed for that day for you:.)

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 12:53 PM
My favorite number is 5 too :). I don't really wanna go late though lol. I just kinda hope he isn't born on April Fools day! And the day I turn 38 weeks is DS1's birthday... So I hope to miss that day too!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Jark, just wanted you to know that I've been thinking about you. Hope your feeling better and look forward to seeing you here again.

TT_3814
December 12th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Congrats on your baby girl's birth date, ynwa!

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mrshonyez I'm keeping my legs tightly shut April fools day too lol xx

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Congrats on your baby girl's birth date, ynwa!

Thank you:.)

hotdogz&boyz
December 12th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Wow....I can't believe we have babies with birthdates in here already. It's going so quick!!

Good luck surgena. I am hedging my bets that SHE is all GIRL! But I cant wait to hear (so glad you are ahead of my time zone!).

I can't tell you ladies how many times I have been told "you are a boy mom." I think people automatically assume that based on what gender you already have. I would never tell a first time mom "you are a (blank) mom" before she even knew what she was having! Ridiculous concept. And clearly, I am not a boy mom...I am expecting a girl! But people love to say stuff just to speak and hear themselves talk. Grrrr. I will be so delighted to tell some folks "haha, it's a girl, you were wrong and sounded idiotic to boot." (but I won't, unfortunately I do have some tact about me, although not much). Frankly, I would have probably still said something snarky if we had been having a boy. People think they have ESP into women's uteruses and it drives me nuts.

Although my friends mom has never been wrong. And it's creepy. She guesses for everyone who asks and I have yet to know her to be wrong. Even with her own grand children...when her daughter was pregnant with her fourth boy...she still guessed boy (knowing it would make her daughter mad and that she wanted a girl).

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Waiting in the waiting room to fill in paperwork. 30 min to go. :nails: I'm shaking I'm so anxious... uggggh!

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Waiting in the waiting room to fill in paperwork. 30 min to go. :nails: I'm shaking I'm so anxious... uggggh!
Can't wait to hear:.)

dramabird
December 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Suregena, you and I were together on the TTC girl boards back in the spring ... I'm stalking to hear your news. And I feel confident it will be GREAT news!!! :running:

3girlsinarow
December 12th, 2012, 02:27 PM

Wow! Just a few more minutes...gotta go get my DD from school and I'll be checking back in when I get back. So exciting! Once you know, you can breathe the relief of not being in suspense anymore either way and then get excited about coming to the US.

homebirthing princess
December 12th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Eeeeeeek thinking of u suregena xxx everything is crossed! Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
This is awful. I'm a terrible waiter. Good luck Suregena.

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
lol i love stalking other peoples scans
but man i was about to puke before my own

my good friend and doula has 2 boys and 2 girls. she told me after i lost the baby last time that she thought i would have a girl again and then i would have two of each like she does. shes very sweet.

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM
does anyone with NOT an anterior placenta ( LOL hard to come by in this group) not feel the baby yet at 16 weeks? I have maybe felt it, oops..her.., a few times.. but nothing regular..

I know my midwife told me should feel more movement 19-20 weeks but still makes me nervous
used the doppler today and hb was again 140ish which is at least consistent now

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 02:55 PM
I have a posterior placenta, and I felt slight movements I swear from 10 weeks, but nothing regular until probably 17+ weeks. Now he's all over the place in there, I can feel him on both sides of my belly all stretched out sometimes lol!

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
oh good that gives me another week lol. I feel a little better about that now thanks!
I know I felt a DEFINITE movement a few weeks ago , 12 weeks .. but that was it. and then like once a week. and today they were a couple maybes? but not those real baby kicks..

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 02:59 PM
does anyone with NOT an anterior placenta ( LOL hard to come by in this group) not feel the baby yet at 16 weeks? I have maybe felt it, oops..her.., a few times.. but nothing regular..

I know my midwife told me should feel more movement 19-20 weeks but still makes me nervous
used the doppler today and hb was again 140ish which is at least consistent now

Im a non anterior!! Yeah I think I was but it was more flutters every now and again than definite movements. He constantly has the hiccups now :) try not to worry sweetie. xx

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Yeah, I would think I felt something every few days or so, but it was iffy until recently. I had dental work done on Monday, and I guess he didn't like the sound of the drill or something so he started kicking around. The hygenist's eyes got real big and she looked at me and asked if he was kicking because she could see my whole belly move lol. I think you'll probably start feeling her more pretty soon :)

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Yeah, I would think I felt something every few days or so, but it was iffy until recently. I had dental work done on Monday, and I guess he didn't like the sound of the drill or something so he started kicking around. The hygenist's eyes got real big and she looked at me and asked if he was kicking because she could see my whole belly move lol. I think you'll probably start feeling her more pretty soon :)

Hahaha I hate that when your whole belly wobbles!! Mine is doing full body turns now omg it makes me feel so sick when he does it! xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'm cyber whining again Suregena!!!!

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Lol it definitely is a strange feeling!! She hasn't had kids yet, but said she was fascinated with pregnancy and all so she thought it was neat lol. He usually starts up when I lay down at night or for a nap... Figures! Haha

hotdogz&boyz
December 12th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Can I be jealous of you ladies for a second? I really want a grand ole jiggling belly!! This is my THIRD...yes, third (of three kids), anterior placenta. And I just want my kid to kick the crap out of me. I never get hiccup movements, I don't get hard kicks, no one can ever see my belly move, I can't pick out body parts moving around in here....grrrr. I was actually a bit upset when the tech said another anterior placenta. I just want the experience of all the movement. But carry on....sorry to whine about something stupid.

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
She's perfect and healthy. :)

ynwa
December 12th, 2012, 03:17 PM

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh so happy for you:.)pics????x

Rosie85
December 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Congrats Surgena!

Tiffani3
December 12th, 2012, 03:18 PM

She!!!!! Congratulations yay so so so pleased for you xx

mrshonyez
December 12th, 2012, 03:19 PM
All three of yours were anterior? I'm sorry :( I do enjoy the movements and all, but sometimes it would be nice to not be jabbed so hard! My main problem is he'll kick or punch straight down into my cervix :/ hopefully your placenta will move up out of the way though so you can feel more!!

Brandles
Yay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you Surgena!!!! Congratulations on your baby girl!!!!!

mrshonyez
Yay suregena!!! Congratulations!

dramabird
December 12th, 2012, 03:20 PM

High five!!!!!

homebirthing princess
Yayyyyyyy I knew it :) huge congratulations hun what amazing news to take away with you :) xx

suregena
I'm not home but I'll try to get some on before I go to bed. Waiting for a bus right now in the freezing cold!

3girlsinarow

Congratulations.......I am so happy for you! Yay for your baby girl!

coocoobananas
So lucky Surgena! I guess you can appreciate how much so after all the opposites!! Congratulations!!!
Hotdogs, this is my 2nd anterior and I have felt him A lOt more than my first, so here's hoping it will be different for you this time!!

Brandles
December 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Can't wait to see pics of your precious girl, Surgena!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 12th, 2012, 03:21 PM
How are you doing Coocoo?

Rosie85
December 12th, 2012, 03:22 PM
All you lucky ladies getting the good news of a girl! What a fun thing to get to celebrate over the Holidays! Congrats to everyone who was told dream genders recently.

I think my mom feels a bit bad for me, she is buying me baby gifts for Christmas and some new outfits for baby. She didn't do this with my second boy at all. I feel like I let her down because she really really wanted a granddaughter. oh well, can't win them all.

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 03:26 PM

AHHHHHHHH EEEEEEEEEK!!!! Otis is going to have a Baby Sister!!!!!!

What wonderful news to take home to your family in the states! :HH: :running:

Rosie85
December 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Love it Butterfly! Lots of pink!

Turning the page
December 12th, 2012, 03:29 PM
YAY!!!!!! So happy for you, suregena!! Now you have a full heart to travel with you to the States. Have a safe trip!!

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Alright.. so do we get pics or a clip of a DVD? Where's hubby's reaction! What is the story Glory, Don't hold out on me! :giggle:

hotdogz&boyz
December 12th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Yay!! I am so happy for you :) What great news to travel with!! I wanna hear the skinny too...when you are out of the cold.

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I'll say more when I get home - my phone's battery is almost out!

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Butterfly - I'm so glad I got the DVD! What a fun thing to share with my family. :D I'm in shock... Can't believe this is real.

Cinss
December 12th, 2012, 03:51 PM

Congrats Suregena, you really did have the perfect girly nub pics, so happy for you!

Wishing4Pink
December 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Congratulations suregena on your little girl, fab news to take home with you x

Shellbelle
December 12th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Congrats, suregena!!!

luckylass
December 12th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Suregena so so thrilled for you. Congratulations on your little girl. No need to ask now is it Willow or Arlo :) . Brilliant news so delighted for you.

mummypink
December 12th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Congratulations Suregena! So happy for you! Hope you got home safe and sound and get a good nights sleep tonight. xx

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Congrats!! I knew you'd hear girl. At least our stats are getting better lol

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Butterfly - I'm so glad I got the DVD! What a fun thing to share with my family. :D I'm in shock... Can't believe this is real.

I'm so glad you took my advice! It's a treasured moment..forever especially when she's this small!

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Pics.

http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/19568-%2A%2A%2Aupdate-%2A%2A%2A-suregenas-12-week-4-day-nub-photos-11.html

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Congratulations Suregena! So happy for you! Hope you got home safe and sound and get a good nights sleep tonight. xx

I'm not going to sleep well at all! We just barely got home and it's 11.30pm! Ahhhg! I have to wake up at 5am! Owwwwwwww! Got my blank Christmas cards in my bag ready to fill in on the plane, though! :)

While we were waiting to be called in, I was shaking I was so anxious. My husband was like, "Awww! It's okay! What's the worry? Don't worry!" and I said, "I guess I just have high hopes and am scared of those being crushed! What do you think?" and he said, "You asked all the experts - and they all said girl. I'm cool. I'm relaxed, because I know it's a girl." I was like, "Geez, you're really so certain about that!"

During the scan, she went to the potty and in my head I was like, "No penis... I know what penises look like on an ultrasound... ummmm...." and she said, "It's a girl." all nonchalant like it was no big deal. I think I said, "OH WOW!!!"

And my husband said very calmly, "It's Willow!"

Now we got two Willow's to be born next year from this forum - I like that!

I better go get my packing crap together and get a shower and get in bed ASAP... I'll try to upload the video when I'm in the USA. :)

Thank you for all of your support during these craaaaazy 16 weeks, and before then... the months of TTC! Ouch!

You're an awesome bunch for sure!

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm not going to sleep well at all! We just barely got home and it's 11.30pm! Ahhhg! I have to wake up at 5am! Owwwwwwww! Got my blank Christmas cards in my bag ready to fill in on the plane, though! :)

While we were waiting to be called in, I was shaking I was so anxious. My husband was like, "Awww! It's okay! What's the worry? Don't worry!" and I said, "I guess I just have high hopes and am scared of those being crushed! What do you think?" and he said, "You asked all the experts - and they all said girl. I'm cool. I'm relaxed, because I know it's a girl." I was like, "Geez, you're really so certain about that!"

During the scan, she went to the potty and in my head I was like, "No penis... I know what penises look like on an ultrasound... ummmm...." and she said, "It's a girl." all nonchalant like it was no big deal. I think I said, "OH WOW!!!"

Now we got two Willow's to be born next year from this forum - I like that!

I better go get my packing crap together and get a shower and get in bed ASAP... I'll try to upload the video when I'm in the USA. :)

Thank you for all of your support during these craaaaazy 16 weeks, and before then... the months of TTC! Ouch!

You're an awesome bunch for sure!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~

"During the scan, she went to the potty and in my head I was like, "No penis... I know what penises look like on an ultrasound... ummmm...." and she said, "It's a girl." all nonchalant like it was no big deal. I think I said, "OH WOW!!!"

Well that last line made me cry instantly. I am OVER the moon happy for you! Are you going to not announce it on FB? I totally would not so you can reveal it in your own way. I hope you are able to sleep and have a safe trip over here! And please update if you can, I'd love to hear your family's reaction when you tell them!

~Goodnight~

suregena
December 12th, 2012, 06:45 PM

"During the scan, she went to the potty and in my head I was like, "No penis... I know what penises look like on an ultrasound... ummmm...." and she said, "It's a girl." all nonchalant like it was no big deal. I think I said, "OH WOW!!!"

Well that last line made me cry instantly. I am OVER the moon happy for you! Are you going to not announce it on FB? I totally would not so you can reveal it in your own way. I hope you are able to sleep and have a safe trip over here! And please update if you can, I'd love to hear your family's reaction when you tell them!

~Goodnight~

I definitely will! I'm not going to say anything on facebook until most of my family know by the weekend. :) Then I'll be all over the place-announcing! But you girls heard it first!

Night! <3

Bimby
December 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! Congratulations on your healthy little :princess: I am so happy for you :) That must be an awesome feeling to know finally.. What a wonderful time you will have away with your family, enjoy this special time of year!!! Cant wait to see pics from the scan :) Your nub pics are similar to mine so I hope it means the same for me too!!!! Have a safe trip over :)

Just saw your pics and there is no doubt about it!!! She's all girl!!! x

coocoobananas
December 12th, 2012, 10:26 PM
How are you doing Coocoo?

Honestly? Pretty bad, just low feeling and jealous and I hate feeling that. I knew I wouldn't get a girl, but I thought maybe this time I thought things would go my way:(
I'm sure it's just some down days and I will perk up. But I am trying really hard not to be here but PM's call me back. Maybe I'll start a board of failed swayers so we can talk... Although I'm not sure if talking about what you aren't getting is better or trying to not think about it do much?!? I think it would be neat to see our boys grow up and see how each of us is doing ok. I try to find women with blogs online who have 3 boys and when they're all happy, it brings me comfort. Although there's still this thing...I won't ever have a girl, all I wanted was 1 girl aghhhh! K gotta log off, driving me crazy again;)

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Sorry Coocoo :(

spinningmadly
December 12th, 2012, 10:58 PM
I have another scan tomorrow. Hopefully she is still a she. Lol.
But it's mainly bc it's getting closer and closer to when I lost the baby last time and I'm freaking out.
I used the Doppler once today but I seriously wanted to 2-3 times.
I feel guilty about so many u/s (I have a level 2 next weds too at Mfm) but the stress is worse.
Although at the same time I learned last time things might look great one day and then the next theres no Hb. So I don't know if the scans help

Sorry I don't mean to get anyone down or freak anyone out. I just can't talk to dh about this stuff and need somewhere to vent. We rarely talk about the baby , I think he is afraid to get attached

Butterfly Spirit
December 12th, 2012, 11:06 PM
I have another scan tomorrow. Hopefully she is still a she. Lol.
But it's mainly bc it's getting closer and closer to when I lost the baby last time and I'm freaking out.
I used the Doppler once today but I seriously wanted to 2-3 times.
I feel guilty about so many u/s (I have a level 2 next weds too at Mfm) but the stress is worse.
Although at the same time I learned last time things might look great one day and then the next theres no Hb. So I don't know if the scans help

Sorry I don't mean to get anyone down or freak anyone out. I just can't talk to dh about this stuff and need somewhere to vent. We rarely talk about the baby , I think he is afraid to get attached

I'm going to say YES she's still a girl! :giggle: :cheer:

TT_3814
December 13th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Huge congrats, Surgena!!! :D :D

(((bighugs))) Spinning, my heart goes out to you and your DH. Best wishes and healthy rainbow thoughts for your scan tomorrow.

Bimby
December 13th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Spinning, please dont feel guilty about the ultrasounds. If it makes you feel less anxious then thats more important. I can understand your worry and your DH is probably feeling what you say although my Dh doesnt really connect in pregnancy to be honest, he's really odd like that. He is the best dad in the world when theyre here but totally disinterested in the pregnancy bit, or at least that is how I feel. It bothered me with the first 2 but I know he just finds it hard when its just my big ole belly. Once he can see bubs moving he's a little more interested but not overly. I know tomorrows scan will be just fine and her bits will still be girl ones lol x

TTP - Are you feeling anxious about your scan on Sat?? So excited for you!!!

I am getting there.... less then 3 weeks now, I know thats gonna go so quick and Im so excited and nervous!! I just hope bubs is healthy.

Coocoo Im so sorry your are feeling down, I wish there was something I could say :( xx

homebirthing princess
December 13th, 2012, 02:18 AM
Hope you have a safe journey home suregena, have an amazing time and plz keep in touch xx

Cinss
December 13th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Seeing as NC hasn't been on for a while now i updated the 1st page. Looks like we have 17 :DS: and 10 :DD: being born between Feb - May 2013.

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Seeing as NC hasn't been on for a while now i updated the 1st page. Looks like we have 17 :DS: and 10 :DD: being born between Feb - May 2013.

Hey Cinss could I get added to the list too please if that would be alright. I am due on March 17th with a baby girl. I know I joined the thread really late as after being hospitalised with bleeding at 16-17 weeks I was afraid this Rainbow baby would never get to be here but would love to join the list now please.

Cinss
December 13th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Hey Cinss could I get added to the list too please if that would be alright. I am due on March 17th with a baby girl. I know I joined the thread really late as after being hospitalised with bleeding at 16-17 weeks I was afraid this Rainbow baby would never get to be here but would love to join the list now please.

Added you luckylass :) did you sway?

So now we have 17 :DS: and 11 :DD:

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 04:27 AM
Added you luckylass :) did you sway?

So now we have 17 :DS: and 11 :DD:

I would like to think I did a little bit but to be honest I would not insult the girls here who have done such good/strong sways by saying I did as I only found this website on 11th June (the day after I started AF) and got pregnant that same cycle. I had never even hear of swaying until the month I got pregnant so reckon it was more blind luck than swaying that got us our girl.

Thanks so much for adding me to the list. Feels good to put my name on a due date list after my miscarriage earlier this year and then the fears that this little one would not make it. Thanks again.

Edited to ask: Is it alright that I am still here when I did not do a proper sway??

Lassie1982
December 13th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Honestly? Pretty bad, just low feeling and jealous and I hate feeling that. I knew I wouldn't get a girl, but I thought maybe this time I thought things would go my way:(
I'm sure it's just some down days and I will perk up. But I am trying really hard not to be here but PM's call me back. Maybe I'll start a board of failed swayers so we can talk... Although I'm not sure if talking about what you aren't getting is better or trying to not think about it do much?!? I think it would be neat to see our boys grow up and see how each of us is doing ok. I try to find women with blogs online who have 3 boys and when they're all happy, it brings me comfort. Although there's still this thing...I won't ever have a girl, all I wanted was 1 girl aghhhh! K gotta log off, driving me crazy again;)

*hugs* wish I could say something to help.
A failed sway thread might be a good idea, I'd pop in there. You should start one, I think there are a fair few people hurting, and whilst talking about it doesn't change it, it does help ease burdens, especially when you can share the hurt and upset.

Don't hate yourself, you have nothing to hate yourself for, I feel pangs of jealousy too, but its not bitter jealousy, or vindictive jealousy, more sort 'oh why couldn't it be me' jealousy

Lassie1982
December 13th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Awesome news surgena, massive congrats :)
Enjoy your trip to the states!

Cinss
December 13th, 2012, 05:25 AM
I
Edited to ask: Is it alright that I am still here when I did not do a proper sway??

Of course, i was just asking so i knew what to write next to your name on the list :)

Bimby
December 13th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Luckylass I feel the same hon. I was going to do a sort of sway next year if we decided to have another baby but this one had other ideas lol. A few things may have swayed girl (not sure what we're having yet) but that was pure chance, I was sick with flu so was taking sudafed and I was taking dim and probably timing of BD. Was there anything u can think of that may have swayed by chance?

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Luckylass I feel the same hon. I was going to do a sort of sway next year if we decided to have another baby but this one had other ideas lol. A few things may have swayed girl (not sure what we're having yet) but that was pure chance, I was sick with flu so was taking sudafed and I was taking dim and probably timing of BD. Was there anything u can think of that may have swayed by chance?

What is dim, never heard of it?

What I did that could have swayed when I read the forums here:

Both my boys and I were sick so I was taking sudafed for about 5-6 days in a row around the time of concieving. I read that that sways pink after my bfp.

After two missed misscarriages discovered at just over 12 and 13 weeks I was put on baby aspirin daily as my Consultant was worried my blood may have been a bit thick and if it clogged in the placenta it would cause a miscarriage. I had to stay on this until a couple of weeks ago throught the first 20 weeks of pregnancy. I think that sways pink.

I did find the LE diet about a week before conception (just after AF started) and while I didn't really follow it and did eat meat I lost some weight and that probably helped but I am not sure as I read after it you should be on it for at least 6 weeks and I was only half doing it for about 6 days.

As for dtd we did it almost every day (missed one) from cycle day 10 to cd 19. I ovulated on cyle day 18. My hope was really to get pregnant again with a healthy baby rather than anything else after loosing my baby but we did dtd more than we ever did with either of the boys.

After I got my bfp I was sure it was another boy but maybe those small changes were what did it for me. I had made changes in my life, most of them without knowing but still changes.

Bimby
December 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
Dim is a natural drug derived from broccoli & cauliflower etc.. it is said to rid the body of the bad estrogens. I took it along with a liver cleanser as I had a huge fibroid removed so was trying to prevent another one. I have no ideawhether it sways pink but it may do. I have 20 more days before I find out :)

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Oh right thansk for that. I am probably a bit stupid for asking but just never heard of it.

20 days will fly by. When is your scan the 2nd January? I only ask cause I have my next consultants appointment on 2nd Jan and was counting it as 20 days. I love see babs on the scanning machine and count down between appointments. I will be praying for you and keeping fingers and toes crossed you hear Pink at your scan. Just looked at your nub shots there and while I know very little about them from what I have seen on here they do look girlie to me.

Bimby
December 13th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Oh right thansk for that. I am probably a bit stupid for asking but just never heard of it.

20 days will fly by. When is your scan the 2nd January? I only ask cause I have my next consultants appointment on 2nd Jan and was counting it as 20 days. I love see babs on the scanning machine and count down between appointments. I will be praying for you and keeping fingers and toes crossed you hear Pink at your scan. Just looked at your nub shots there and while I know very little about them from what I have seen on here they do look girlie to me.

Not stupid at all luv, I dont think its very commonly known out there so please dont feel silly for asking. I went searching for something to take to try and shrink my fibroid and came across it in my searches. My scan is on the 2nd Jan, can't wait!!! I jsut want the nub obsession to be gone, it's all I think about!! Thanks for looking at the pics, I sure do hope the theory rings true for me although Ive seen a few straight girly nubs turn out boys so Im trying to keep a lid on my excitement, it is hard though.. The next few weeks until the scan should hopefully go pretty quick with christmas and all, so exciting!!!

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 08:28 AM
Lucky lass you dr only has you on aspirin for 20 weeks? Mine has me on it for the whole pregnancy and at 20 weeks will have more bloodwork to make sure heparin isn't needed. At this point they don't think it is but definitely he said don't stop the baby aspirin.

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Lucky lass you dr only has you on aspirin for 20 weeks? Mine has me on it for the whole pregnancy and at 20 weeks will have more bloodwork to make sure heparin isn't needed. At this point they don't think it is but definitely he said don't stop the baby aspirin.

Spinning I had a really bad bleed a couple of weeks ago, so bad I had to be hospitalised and it was touch and go if my little lady would survive so I think that is why I was taken off the aspirin. They don't recommend anyone who has had bleeds like that to take aspirin. My bleeding went on for nearly 5 weeks and that helped make their decision in the hospital aswell. I think otherwise I would have had to stay on it til the end of my second trimester which is Saturday 22nd December.

How are you keeping, hope you are doing well. I was so sorry to see your loss on your signature but am so delighted that you found out you are having a beautiful baby girl. She will cherished and adored I bet. Congratulations again.

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Ohhh yeah I forgot about the bleeding part. That would make sense with the aspirin. Did they ever test the clotting factors or just put you on it?
Thanks! I'm super scared as I'm sure you Understand! I hope everything looks ok at my scan

luckylass
December 13th, 2012, 10:06 AM
No they didn't test for clotting factors. They ran tests on the foetus both times and could see no reasons for miscarriage as both looked healthy IYKWIM so my consultant could think of no other reason for my miscarriages besides this. Maybe I should have questioned it but I was so upset and took him at his word.

I can totally understand you being scared before the scan but I bet everything will be perfect. This little lady is destined to be part of your family and to keep your little boys on their toes lol :) Not to wish your pregnancy away on you but can't wait to hear your birth story and see beautiful baby pictures of your princess next May. I would tell you to try and relax before your scan but if you are anything like me I would guess I am wasting my time even though there is no need to worry, it is a mammy thing I think.

mummypink
December 13th, 2012, 12:43 PM

Big hugs Coocoo, I know exactly how you feel. xxxxxxxxxxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Coocoo, I'm sorry you're still struggling I know I have a dd, but the sister thing is KILLING ME!!! I think a side group would be a great idea. I could use something like that. If you guys are up to it, I'm in!!!

hotdogz&boyz
December 13th, 2012, 12:48 PM
I am on baby aspirin and lovenox for blood thinning. I have a clotting disorder. I had four miscarriages between my two boys, one before either of them, and then another chemical before this baby. It does seem that blood thinners are the "answer" for me. It's apparently more common of a problem than some people realize. I think like 6% of the population has an issue with it. And it doesn't necessarily affect every pregnancy. My first son was not affected, we didn't know about it then, it was after him that we found out. This is my second pregnancy on lovenox and aspirin.

But I am terrified something is going to happen. I cant help it. I am really crampy and achy today (I did two hours of shopping on top of cleaning yesterday, there is a good reason), but it makes me SO nervous to feel this way. I have been blessed with two very easy pregnancies with few discomforts. Already this third one had come with some additional discomfort, probably from her sitting so low. But I freak out about the crampy feelings and back aches, even though I know they are normal and probably just stretching from growth. I have used the Doppler twice in two days...usually I am a once-a-week user of it. But I keep panicking that something will happen to her. It seems too good to be true...getting three healthy children, having a family I had always wanted (brothers and a girl). It just seems like the foot has to fall somewhere. But I am trying not to freak out. I am sure it's growing pains as they are common around this stage of pregnancy.

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Well she's definitely still a girl.
However my friend wanted to warn me , even though she knows it common, since I will hear at my level 2 next week, that she has choroid plexus cysts on her brain, anyone familiar with this?

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 01:29 PM

3blue2013
December 13th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Just had my 18 week scan and it is a beautiful baby boy! I thought we were going to hear boy the whole time, but last week the P.A. that did an ultrasound guessed girl. I still knew in my gut she was going to be wrong but it was still a little let down when we heard the words officially. Anyway, I had my moment of sadness and I'm sure more to come since this is our last. But I'm happy he is healthy and hey, while I won't have my own princess I will be a princess to 3 beautiful boys!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 01:57 PM
However my friend wanted to warn me , even though she knows it common, since I will hear at my level 2 next week, that she has choroid plexus cysts on her brain, anyone familiar with this?

A friend of mine had this with one of her sons...she was pregnant with twins. Did your friend say anything about Trisomy 18?

Did you have an nt scan done? And did they check for 13, 18 and 21? I think that's it. If so, try not to worry about it. Many babies have them and I think they go away before you even deliver.

mummypink
December 13th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Just had my 18 week scan and it is a beautiful baby boy! I thought we were going to hear boy the whole time, but last week the P.A. that did an ultrasound guessed girl. I still knew in my gut she was going to be wrong but it was still a little let down when we heard the words officially. Anyway, I had my moment of sadness and I'm sure more to come since this is our last. But I'm happy he is healthy and hey, while I won't have my own princess I will be a princess to 3 beautiful boys!

Sending you a big hug, so sorry this isn't your little princess but huge congratulations on another prince. We're all here for you. xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I second that. We're all here for you.

3blue2013
December 13th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks guys. I am definitely shedding some tears on and off, but it is good to know I have some place to go where people understand.

Shellbelle
December 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Hugs, jheitz, and congrats on your precious boy. :)

Spinning, I think it's really common, and that your other tests would have shown indicators if there was anything wrong. But I'm thrilled she's still a girl! :)

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Was your friends son ok?

She did. Actually she called my Mfm dr and he just called me to make sure I wasn't freaking out. Ill see them Monday now. I had my screening for downs an whatever they do w an nt scan. Downs was 1/3800 and trisomy (??) don't know which one was 1/10000

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 02:50 PM
He was fine. I think your little lady is fine too. In fact, she pregnant again and this little guy has a cyst too. That's how common it is. The reason I asked about trisomy 18 is that's what they thought it might be. She had an amnio and all was well. She's having another u/s with the little guy she's carrying now on the 18th of this month. It can be a bit nerve wracking but it's amazing how common it is.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Are you ok Spinning?

Turning the page
December 13th, 2012, 02:56 PM

My OB told me that choroid plexus cysts have become so common, that they are considered normal variants now as long as they resolved by 24 weeks. Newer ultrasound machines are able to pick these up more readily now, but they are almost always completely benign. Both of my sisters children had them in utero and both of them are just perfect! I understand your worry but I think everything is going to be okay. :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I agree Turningthepage. My friend's baby was all set by his 25th week u/s.

Tiffani3
December 13th, 2012, 03:00 PM

Congratulations on your little man.
xx

Tiffani3
December 13th, 2012, 03:04 PM

Hope you ok sweetie xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 03:05 PM
We're almost on our 500th page. Love how fast this thread moves!!!

Tiffani3
December 13th, 2012, 03:13 PM
We're almost on our 500th page. Love how fast this thread moves!!!

I'm on my phone were only on 250 pages here!!! Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Really??? I wonder why it's says 499 on mine.

Tiffani3
December 13th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Maybe my phone can't add up! Or the pages are longer?!?!? x

Tiffani3
December 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Oh its cause I have tapatalk! X

Shellbelle
December 13th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Mine says 250, too -- but almost 5k posts!

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Tm&al- I'm ok. Not great. Why did they do an amnio? Were their other soft markers? I'm cautious about that too. My Cousins wife had an amnio which resulted in infection and and lost her twins once.
It says that trisomy or not the cysts always resolve its just a matter of if they mean anything I guess?
My dr said they see them all the time . He didn't seem concerned

Cinss
December 13th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Spinning its really common, its just a build up of the fluid that is supposed to go around the brain and spine, it gets smaller and smaller as the baby grows, and usually gone by 24 weeks. Doesn't usually cause any brain problems either, try not to worry.

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I am on baby aspirin and lovenox for blood thinning. I have a clotting disorder. I had four miscarriages between my two boys, one before either of them, and then another chemical before this baby. It does seem that blood thinners are the "answer" for me. It's apparently more common of a problem than some people realize. I think like 6% of the population has an issue with it. And it doesn't necessarily affect every pregnancy. My first son was not affected, we didn't know about it then, it was after him that we found out. This is my second pregnancy on lovenox and aspirin.

But I am terrified something is going to happen. I cant help it. I am really crampy and achy today (I did two hours of shopping on top of cleaning yesterday, there is a good reason), but it makes me SO nervous to feel this way. I have been blessed with two very easy pregnancies with few discomforts. Already this third one had come with some additional discomfort, probably from her sitting so low. But I freak out about the crampy feelings and back aches, even though I know they are normal and probably just stretching from growth. I have used the Doppler twice in two days...usually I am a once-a-week user of it. But I keep panicking that something will happen to her. It seems too good to be true...getting three healthy children, having a family I had always wanted (brothers and a girl). It just seems like the foot has to fall somewhere. But I am trying not to freak out. I am sure it's growing pains as they are common around this stage of pregnancy.

Hotdogz, I have had ALL kinds of pains with this little one from early on, I seriously have never felt so pregnant in my life. I think it is because she was sitting so low, and also maybe because I started out heavier, but really the pains and constant pressure.. even when sitting down were terrifying to me. I do find also that on days I go shopping and get that mad rush of Christmas stuff done I FEEL it.. and have to sit or lay down the rest of the night.
As far as doppler use, I went through a period of using it daily if not twice a day I just had to know she was okay.
She is a gift and a blessing, and she's healthy as far as you know, right? Just focus on that, and enjoy your pregnancy.
I personally think that everything will be okay! :HH:

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Spinning, I knew you wouldn't have any worries that you weren't in the PINK club anymore.
She's still ALL Girl! :cheer: I have heard of the cysts on the brain before, I haven't done any research, but it looks like Cinss has, try not to worry sweetie. Why don't you go celebrate and go buy that "First Little Dress" ;) Or just go immerse yourself in "GirlWorld" The girl section! What fun that will be!

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 04:39 PM
jheitz...sorry, just saw your post :(

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 04:40 PM
i know its common , it said online 1-2%. I think im just tired of being in the 1-2%
thats what my loss was last time, 1-2%
why cant i just be in the stupid 98%

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'm not sure why they did one. She just mentioned this to me a few weeks ago. This is her 5th baby too. She had twins the 2nd time she was pregnant. And she said something because she just found out this baby had a cyst too. She is a maternity nurse and really didn't seem concerned about it. And she said the same thing as your doc...she sees them at the hospital all the time.

spinningmadly
December 13th, 2012, 05:20 PM
hm ok, thanks.

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 05:23 PM

Jheitz, I am sorry you didn't hear girl, but congrats on a sweet and healthy little :diaper:
I love your attitude though! He will probably melt your heart!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 13th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I got the impression she pushed for an amnio because she was worried. This time around she seems very relaxed about it. I hope your doc appt will help you feel better.

Butterfly Spirit
December 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Spinning, CHEER UP! :cheer: Go read your pm! :p