PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25

Bimby
December 22nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies. I use an organic face wash already, I might look into coconut oil, Ive heard lots of fab things about it. Cant hurt I guess :)

Brandles your little girl is definitely a little girl, with extremely cute thighs ;)

Spinning, I totally get not wanting to try again and I would be exactly the same hon, wait and see what comes out of seeing the Peri and what further info you get and then maybe you can decide xxx

spinningmadly
December 22nd, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ok I have to say one of the things I'm sad about is that all you ladies will be gone off the site by the time we try again in a year or so!! Lol

Cinss
December 22nd, 2012, 09:00 PM
Ok I have to say one of the things I'm sad about is that all you ladies will be gone off the site by the time we try again in a year or so!! Lol

Na that is not fact... Im cant speak for everyone, but i am sure i will be checking in after my baby is born, hanging out with the past due date group, and you will make new buddies in the HT section? I will always keep my eye out for your new posts and support you along your way :)

Bimby
December 22nd, 2012, 09:45 PM
Spinning I will be checking in on you for sure! As long as I know what you're up to and when I will check in! I dont have the greatest time management skills lol but I will definitely check in :) xx

spinningmadly
December 22nd, 2012, 10:43 PM
Thanks girls :)

Brandles
December 23rd, 2012, 02:40 AM
Na that is not fact... Im cant speak for everyone, but i am sure i will be checking in after my baby is born, hanging out with the past due date group, and you will make new buddies in the HT section? I will always keep my eye out for your new posts and support you along your way :)

Spinning, ita with what Cinss said here and will be here with the past dd group and will check on you and support you along your journey. Xoxo

Thanks, Shell! I will have to try and convince DH. I was such a rookie with ds3 I may have to take a cloth diapering class to learn how to better care for them, ie: dry bag vs. wet bag, washing, etc.

Thanks, Bimby and Cinss!! Lol!! I can't wait to squeeze them!!! :HH:

Oh, and Cinss... Like I said I was a cloth diapering rookie, but I used to rinse them in the toilet by hand with a glove on. My friend has this awesome sprayer that's attached to her toilet and she said it works perfectly!!

genieinabottle1
December 23rd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Bimby: glad everything turned it fine!
Brandles: loove the potty shot... Hope you're truly convinced. I bet your family is going to be so happy for you guys!
Cd: I have done both my boys. I did a diaper service for the first, then with DS 2 I dashed my own for over a year and then went back to diaper service. I enjoy the Cd, but I am happy with prefolds and the washing routine was causing too much stress for me. We use liners, so I drop the whole thing off with the poop in the toilet and flush. I used to swish, so gross, until I discovered the liners.

I was going to do a gender reveal on Christmas to my family, but my mom asked today and DS1 spilled the beans...LOL. It's fine. My mom said she thought she knew it would be another boy. A least she didn't seem disappointed. I think she wanted a girl for me more than I did, but I guess even she realized you get what you get! In telling people we r having another boy, I just wish people wouldn't act so surprised or feel sorry for me, kwim?

Bimby
December 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Genie, I will have the same problem if this one is a boy. My MIL said yesterday to only tell her if she can buy pink,,, I mean wtf is that!!! Im so peeved about it. Like she will not be happy if its a boy.. She loves my boys so how could she not love it if we have another one! GRrrrrr. My mum has been awesome and has already said she loves my boys and would be blessed to have another grandson, thank goodness Im not dealing with it from both sides! Anway, dont worry about others comments, as soon as your LO arrives you wont care what anyone else thinks!

Ladies I am getting soooooo excited for my scan but Im also really scared! I havent really felt any movement for ages so have been using the doppler to ease my nerves but at the end of the day it may not mean all is ok anyway you know.. I wish I was feeling bubs move and then Id feel a little better :( Its been almost 7 weeks since my last scan, feels like forever! Im just glad Ive stopped obsessing over nubs, I was going nuts for a while there!!

Brandles
December 23rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Brandles: loove the potty shot... Hope you're truly convinced.

In telling people we r having another boy, I just wish people wouldn't act so surprised or feel sorry for me, kwim?

Thanks!!! I'm definitely convinced now!!!! All baby boy clothes are packed up and ready to be passed on!!! :)

Ita with what you said here. Even when I say I'm having a girl they're like jumping up and down excited for me... Heck, I'm excited to have a girl, but if this was another boy *I think* I would've been totally fine with it. When I had ds3 I got so many comments like "oh, I'm so sorry" etc. Drove me batty. I'm just happy for a healthy baby... That's it!!

(Hope this makes sense, I'm on my phone and its not showing my what I type. Some sort of a delay today.)

mummypink
December 23rd, 2012, 12:14 PM
Spinning I may well be back around that time if we do decide to try one more time, my gd is still pretty bad although I am really looking forward to meeting our new little man.

Speaking of which for those that heard opposites how would you feel if when you gave birth it was actually your dg? I was thinking about this the other day as part of me still hopes that by some miracle they got it wrong. Then I thought as excited as I would be to find out I had a daughter I think I would also be upset that I'd been told the wrong gender and gone through all the gd etc. Although of course I would rather it be this way round than the other. Also, despite me constantly having dreams that it turns out to be a girl, I am getting my head around having 3 little boys and thinking about all the good things and how close they will hopefully be etc.

I've heard of so many people losing little ones over the last few weeks though, during the 2nd trimester and having premature labours where the baby hasn't survived. I truly count my blessings that at the moment it seems all is well with my baby, as ultimately we know that regardless of gender we want our babies to be ok.

I read an article the other day that was talking about peoples reactions when you have more than 2 children, and particularly if you have three or more of the same gender. It was a lady talking about the bad comments people had made to her which I could totally relate to. I hate the fact that it seems somehow acceptable to have 3 children if you have mixed genders, but as soon as you have three of the same gender it's like you should have stopped at two.

Brandles - I'm so glad you got your little girl confirmed. You give me hope that maybe if we do have another it could be my much longed for daughter.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. xxxx

Mommyof3boys
December 23rd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Bringing the coconut oil back up, I've read that people use it as a facial cleanser. I've used it as a moisturizer, and my skin looks and feels great. And just like on DS2's rashes, it makes redness go away pretty quick. Might be worth a try? I've had some acne this pregnancy, but not as ba as with my first 2 thankfully.
I keep having dreams that I go into preterm labor. I have no reason to think I would, but it scares me because my labors go so fast, that I worry I wouldn't make it in time to stop it. I'm just all around nervous this time, as it gets closer. If my water breaks at home I'm screwed. With my first, they broke my water at 5cm and 5 min later I was at a 9. Last time, my water broke in the hospital and he was ready to come out within about 5 minutes. And it was so fast that he had complications, so that freaks me out even more.

I understand your fears. My longest labor was 3 hrs 45 min. They brought me in to induce me with ds3 and I was at 5.5cm and had no idea. I couldn't feel any contractions until my back started hurting an hour later and they checked me and I was at 8cm. He was born very quickly after that and had a broken collarbone because he came out so fast. I am terrified I will go into labor at home and not make it to the hospital 30 minutes away. My doctor said he will induce at 39 weeks to avoid me going into labor but I worry that I won't make it that far because this is my fourth.

mrshonyez
December 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM
I'll be keeping up on the site and you spinning after this baby, especially since I plan to have one more!
About the CD'ing, I just kinda squish the diaper up so the poo rolls together, then dump it in the toilet. Whatever doesn't come off, goes in the washer. This has worked fine for us!
Oh wow Mommyof3boys! My last one was 4 hours... I had no clue I was as far as I was until I got to the room and was at 8 1/2. Not only am I scared to not make it in time, I'm terrified my husband won't be there! My mom will be here, but she'll have to keep the boys for me. I wish I didn't worry so much... Also, I just went to the bathroom (sorry for the tmi coming up...) and had some discharge that looked similar to when I lost my mucus plug last time. I hope it was nothing, and I have my next appt on Friday, so I'll ask then. Pregnancy is a wonderful/terrifying time!

Cinss
December 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Can you ladies tell me how much faster your 2nd birth was compared to your 1st? My 1st was 24 hrs, any idea what i should expect this time?

mrshonyez
December 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
My first was 6 hours, second was 4, so we cut a couple hours off the second one! My OB said the odds are pretty high of this one being even faster too.

Rosie85
December 23rd, 2012, 09:14 PM
My first was 18 hrs with many complications and a c section. My body was not ready. The second time I did vbac and it was 5 hrs start to finish. Hoping for 2 or 3 hrs this time and no episiotomy!

Cinss
December 23rd, 2012, 09:44 PM
I guess ill be happy with anything shorter than 20 then, and im crossing my fingers i dont have to have another episiotomy too.

Bimby
December 24th, 2012, 12:11 AM
First was 10 hrs, 2nd 5 hours, this time I have to have a C/S - bit bummed as Id like to have seen how quick this one would have been, ah well, such is life - healthy baby and I'll be stoked :)

suregena
December 24th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I guess ill be happy with anything shorter than 20 then, and im crossing my fingers i dont have to have another episiotomy too.

Mine was 49 hours (from early labor to birth). Crazyyyyyyyyy. I'll be happy for 24 hours, haha!

homebirthing princess
December 24th, 2012, 02:18 AM
My 1st was 9hrs 20mins and my 2nd was 1hr40mins.....I'm seriously worried about how fast my little lady will come GULP lol! X

Tiffani3
December 24th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Mine were 17, 15 and 3hours

Tiffani3
December 24th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Happy Christmas Eve everyone are you all ready?? Xx

Sunshiner
December 24th, 2012, 10:43 AM
My first labour was 1hr 19 from waters breaking to baby arriving and I'm frankly terrified about what will happen this time as I barely made the hospital.. I was told last week that my cervix is already shortening too. I've been put on pelvic rest to see if it helps so am now contending with lightening speed and possible premature birth, eek.

On the plus side I'm making the most of having family around at Xmas to help out! Merry Xmas Eve everyone x

homebirthing princess
December 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Merry Christmas you lovely ladies :) hope you all have a fantastic crimbo and a truely amazing new year xxx

ynwa
December 24th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Happy christmas everyone x

Cinss
December 24th, 2012, 04:38 PM
http://dl.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1745/1745841lkstk92xl9.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

TT_3814
December 24th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Merry Christmas ladies!

My labors were 5.5 hrs, 3.5 and 4. I'm curious how a vbac labor will play out..

3girlsinarow
December 24th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Merry Christmas Ladies....I pray you all have a blessed time with your families and friends. :) My little ones are all in bed and we are just waiting to make sure they are asleep before we put all the presents under the tree. Night night and Merry Christmas to you all!

mrshonyez
December 26th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Merry Christmas lovely ladies!! My boys had so much fun, this was the first year my oldest really understood the whole Santa thing, so it was a blast! Got my DH a fondue set, so we're gonna try it out tomorrow, and I'm so excited. I've been craving it my whole pregnancy lol. Hope y'all had as wonderful a day as we did!

Cinss
December 26th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Merry Christmas lovely ladies!! My boys had so much fun, this was the first year my oldest really understood the whole Santa thing, so it was a blast! Got my DH a fondue set, so we're gonna try it out tomorrow, and I'm so excited. I've been craving it my whole pregnancy lol. Hope y'all had as wonderful a day as we did!

Fondue is the best! Is it a cheese or chocolate one?

mrshonyez
December 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Fondue is the best! Is it a cheese or chocolate one?

Both!! I can't wait :)

Brandles
December 26th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Hope you all had a Merry Christmas! It's been quite busy around here with visiting both sides of our families. Gala it's over... Lol!!! It was nice and Christmas is my most favorite time if the year, but I'm looking forward to taking it all down sonincan focus on reorganizing my house and getting ready for our baby. It was really nice opening gift for baby girl. Loved all her gifts and outfits!!

This is my favorite outfit and my sister made the matching headband!!

I would love to have a fondue set!! Do any of you have a Melting Pot restaurant near you? I've personally never been there, but I've heard it's amazing! Everything is fondue style, from appetizers to dessert!! Now I'm starving and need to go eat!! Lol!!!

Rosie85
December 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Super cute outfit! We have a melting pot nearby but have never gone. We make a fondue every new years though, yummy chocolate. We love dipping wafer cookies in!

Cinss
December 26th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Both!! I can't wait :)

Yummm :) A friend of mine went on holidays to Switzerland and she learned how to make the cheese one with swiss cheese and wine in it and we would just dip fresh bread in, omg it was the best, we ate it all the time as a meal haha.

Bimby
December 26th, 2012, 07:15 PM
mmmmmmm chocolate!!! I love having the chocolate. Ive never tasted the cheese one but Im sure Id love that one too. Brandles your little outfit is very cute!

mrshonyez
December 26th, 2012, 09:14 PM
Very cute Brandles!
Melting Pot is where I got the idea... We've been twice (when we actually had money to spend lol, it was over $100 per couple...) and it is delicious. I made the copycat cheddar/imported Swiss recipe tonight. It tasted really good, but was slightly too thick. Will have to fix that next time! But the chocolate was really good!

Mommyof3boys
December 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
We have a Melting Pot near us and we love it. DH and I try to go once a year and my mom, grandma and sister and I go sometimes. When we went on a big family vacation in June all 5 of the female adults went together to one.

Bimby
December 27th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Just thinking of you spinning, hope you're doing ok hun xx

hotdogz&boyz
December 27th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Hi ladies! I hope everyone had a great Christmas! Looks like folks got some goodies they wanted :) We got spoiled, as usual. But can I say how glad I am now to be DONE traveling for the season and be home for a long time! I love all the chaos, but it got to me this year. We just got home yesterday and I am literally hanging around (at noon) in my pjs and loving every second of it!

I have my anatomy scan tomorrow. I am just hoping all is well. I think it is a girl, so I am not terribly worried about them telling me opposite. But I just hope she is healthy. Kid loves to move like wildfire one day and then be quiet as a mouse for two or three in between...just enough to freak me the heck out. Today I have barely felt her. I try to hold out on the Doppler, but fail a lot and end up using it for a minute to hear her heartbeat (and it usually sounds like she is moving, those gurgling noises, so I think I just can't feel her a lot).

But anyway. Hope all is well with everyone. I'll be around more often now that I am home and it's the dead of winter here.

Oh...I am hoping for a fast labor this time. I am a LONG laborer. My first was 60 hours (no lie), my second was "only" 9 hours...but that was with pitocin because I progressed nothing in the first 6 hours (water broke/meconium) and wanted to avoid the enviable c-section my doc was threatening me with. So, my third I do expect to be at least 24 hours if I don't have any augmentation (which I will try desperately to avoid).

TT_3814
December 27th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Brandles~ That headband is just too cute! :)

Hotdogz~ Good luck with your scan tomorrow, sending pink thoughts and very healthy baby vibes to you!

Hope you ladies enjoyed your holiday! :) I felt able to participate in the kitchen a little bit for Christmas dinner and everything turned out really good. The kids enjoyed their gifts from us and their uncle during the morning, then my mom and sister brought theirs in time to enjoy dinner with us. DS2 said it was the best Christmas ever. :) Even tummy baby got a present, my mom said she couldn't resist when she saw the toy.

This year has truly been bittersweet and I'm more than ready to see 2012 come to an end.

mummypink
December 27th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Hi lovely ladies,

Not had chance to read all the posts as I've kept away for a while to deal with my gd. As happy as I truly am for all you lovely ladies that are expecting your girls it was just making me feel so sad hearing about all the excitement when I felt the way I did.
I think I have finally turned a corner with it today though, I'm still struggling to get my head round it a bit as I was so sure this was a girl this time. The pregnancy has been so different to my boys and I have every girl symptom on the old wives lists! But, I am very grateful to be expecting a healthy baby and even excited about having another boy. We've chosen a name for him which has helped a lot, and I think the thing that has actually helped the most (in a weird way) is making the decision that we are definitely done after this baby.
I was starting to obsess over how I should sway, when we should ttc if we have number 4, looking at stats of having a girl after 3 boys etc etc. It wasn't helping, and at the end of the day the only way I would want 4 children would be if our last one was definitely a girl. We can't have that guarantee and HT isn't an option, so I am done at three boys. I know I will always feel sad not to have had that mother daughter bond but I need to just get on and deal with it rather than selfishly obsess and miss out on precious time with my lovely boys.

I'm focusing on enjoying my last pregnancy, and I'm hoping to get back into shape quickly afterwards so I can treat myself to some lovely new girly clothes. It means I can clear out the baby stuff once our new little man has finished with it so we have more space, all the boys can have a bedroom each and in 4 years time they will all be pretty independent so we can start planning more exciting family holidays etc.

Hopefully if I can be the best mum possible my boys won't grow up and disappear, and they'll give me at least one or two grand daughters to spoil rotten! :)

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas. xxxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 27th, 2012, 03:17 PM
I'm so glad to hear things are getting better mummypink. I haven't been on in a bit due to the holiday craziness, but you ladies haven't been far from my mind.

Spinning, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your dh and your boys. When my eyes opened early Christmas morning, my first thoughts were of the families in CT and you Spinning.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Shellbelle
December 27th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Just checking in really fast to say Merry Christmas! I just left my anatomy scan and this baby is so definitely a boy lol. I hope you're all doing well!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
He most certainly is Shell. Your dh must be very proud...lol. Congrats.

Shellbelle
December 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Lol, thanks. DH said "woooooah." Lol

Winngrin
December 27th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Hope all you ladies had wonderful holidays. Dh surprised me with a 3d ultrasound. It was amazing and I have been able to totally embrace the thought of boy #4! We have picked a name, he will be Lance Rolan but we will call him by his middle name as is tradition with 2nd sons in dhs family, my oldest 2 boys are from my first marriage. I hope everyone feeling gd is coming to terms with their opposite bundles!

genieinabottle1
December 27th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Winngrin: that's wonderful you have a name, and a great one too! Now you have me tempted to get a 3D later on for this one as well. I think the boys would love it.

Brandles: that outfit is adorable! I bet it's becoming so much more real to you.

Shell belle: wow, that is most certainly a boy! LOL. I hope you are okay with it. I know it's sinking in more for me each day. And now that we've told our immediate family and some others it makes it more real.

Hotdogs: hope your scan goes well and that you hear pink!

AFM: Christmas dinner was exhausting! We all had a good time though...and the boys were so spoiled. They have 4 aunts between the 2 of us! I am most definitely showing but thankfully haven't gained too much weight... About 7 lbs. I am trying to avoid GD this time if that's even possible. I haven't started exercising yet. I just can't seem to get myself off the couch at night! Exercise is the last thing I want to do!

TT_3814
December 27th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Great name, Winn! :)

Glad you're feeling excited, Mummy. If this little one is a boy, DH and I are hoping that one day we'll have granddaughters to spoil too!

Brandles
December 28th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Thanks, TT & Genie! My sister is so talented with her bows and has been making them for her own daughter.

I've never had gd with my pregnancies, but I've actually thought about putting myself on the diet. I've always been in the 125lb range and after I met my DH my weight went up to 155 because he spoiled me with ice cream EVERY NIGHT (mmmmn, but sigh). I started off my pregnancy with ds3 at 155 and delivered at 179. I went all the way down to 130 and and over the last ear I crept back up to 155 (totally depressed after miscarriage). I weighed myself this morning and I am already at 170. Dang you Christmas food!!!! I'm hoping it's just water and I can taper off a little. I've been so lazy this pregnancy I have no idea what's gotten into me.

Shell~ Definitely a boy there!! I love your DH's reaction, lol!!

Mummy~ glad to hear your starting to get more excited. I had obsessions about how I was going to sway for #4 and honestly I really have no faith in swaying anymore so I gave up and that's when I got my girl!! Have you thought about what birth control method you're going to use after baby is born? I know we are done, but for some reason I really don't want DH having a vasectomy yet. I'd rather just have an iud for 10 years and then at some point make the decision to make it permanent.

Hotdogz~ hoping your scan goes well and I'm thinking pink for you tomorrow!! Fingers are crossed!!!!

mummypink
December 28th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Thanks Brandles, not sure about birth control yet. I don't want dh to get the snip, seems too final and I am pretty sure he wouldn't be up for it lol! Maybe when we are older when another baby would def not be a good idea. I've always just used the pill before and it has worked pretty well for me, although I have hardly been on any contraceptive since ds1 as I stopped taking the pill 3 months before we started ttc him. Fell pregnant the first month of trying, then as we planned to have a small age gap between our first and second baby I didn't got back on the pill we just used condoms. Then started ttc when ds1 was 7 months old and feel pregnant the second month.
After ds2 I was on the pill for about a year, stopped taking it when we seriously started thinking about ttc number 3 and we used condoms again until we started ttc this time. It took 9 months to get pregnant (with a 2-3 month break in between) as we were using Shettles method initially and just weren't getting pregnant. The month I switched to the LE diet and ignored timing I got pregnant with ds3!

If I was to get pregnant by accident after ds3 is born it wouldn't be the end of the world, but I think as you say it would be better to happen that way because if I get obsessed with planning etc again I know I would be even more heartbroken if it wasn't a girl. Who knows, ds3 may be an absolute dream baby I may find my older two are amazing with him and decide another would just be great. But for now I definitely feel like a weight has been lifted just by accepting that realistically I am done after this one. xx

Cinss
December 28th, 2012, 06:18 PM
So what is everyone doing for NYE? Obviously there wont be any all nighters drinking and waking up in the new year with a hangover! We arent doing anything, we might go firework hunting, they usually put on kids ones at 9pm and then go off to bed.

Brandles
December 28th, 2012, 07:05 PM
NYE... Is my anatomy scan!!! I'm very nervous about it, but excited at the same time. I can't wait to show my husband one last time that we are definitely having a girl! He's still in a bit of denial. Poor guy! Anyways, as for the night, he has to work and I'm either going to stay at my moms or go home with the kids. Either way, I'm sure it will be an early night for us.

mrshonyez
December 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
So what is everyone doing for NYE? Obviously there wont be any all nighters drinking and waking up in the new year with a hangover! We arent doing anything, we might go firework hunting, they usually put on kids ones at 9pm and then go off to bed.

DH goes back to work on NYE... But my oldest has been dying to have a 'camp out' in the living room, so I figure that will be the perfect night! We'll build a fort and watch movies, and sleep out here for the night :) He's so excited!

Rosie85
December 28th, 2012, 09:56 PM
We are having sparkling juice and fondue..maybe a few other snacks...likely just me and hubby and a few board games.

TT_3814
December 28th, 2012, 10:06 PM
DH has to work on both NYE and NYD so it's an early night for us too. We'll 'celebrate' with our fave Chinese food for dinner and sparkling cider. Fudge for dessert! :)

Bimby
December 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I think we might take the boys 10 pin bowling but will have to see what time DH gets home from work as they shut at 5pm NYE which is a shame.. On that, would I be ok to play?? Anyway, it will be an early night for us all to. It's soooo stinking hot here right now so by the end of the day I am exhausted even though Ive been lazing around lol

Hotdogz- how did your scan go?? All ok????

Brandles cant wait to hear how you go on Monday. My scan is Wednesday!!! I think I am the last one to find out gender before due date am I right?? I kind of feel like all the gender hype has left here now you all know what you're having so feeling like a loner lol Oh well, Im excited, nervous and all that, just cant wait to be able to go shopping for this little person :)

Rosie85
December 29th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Bimby you are totally having a girl! Those nubs are classic. I am excited for you to find out! Don't feel like a loner, we are all here and waiting with you!

Bimby
December 29th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Thanks Rosie :) It looks girly right but Im still soooo nervous that the little nub has risen since the scan was at taken when I was 12+1 (I was measuring 13+1)- I know I'll be ok hearing boy but I can't lie and say it wouldnt be a shock. 3 more days!!!!!! I think I will feel slightly sick the morning of.. I just hope all is well with this LO xx

Cinss
December 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I will be shocked if you hear boy Bimby. I am excited for you, cant wait to hear your news! I dont think i would be comfortable 10 pin bowling to be honest, i think my back wouldn't like it much, and it may be just a little risky seeing as it is a heavy ball and an action that your body is not regularly used to doing.

Bimby
December 29th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I was thinking the same about bowling cinss I could see myself flying down the lane lol I think we're just going to have a BBQ at home with kids now so should be nice still :)

Bimby
December 29th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Im loving feeling this LO swimming around now!! I feel like its my little special secret right now as majority of the kicks you cant see on my tummy yet, it's just so sweet. I know it will be even sweeter when my boys can feel it and see it too. Sorry just having a mushy moment I wanted to share ;)

Cinss
December 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Im loving feeling this LO swimming around now!! I feel like its my little special secret right now as majority of the kicks you cant see on my tummy yet, it's just so sweet. I know it will be even sweeter when my boys can feel it and see it too. Sorry just having a mushy moment I wanted to share ;)

I love feeling the movement too, i sometimes find myself poking him to get a reaction haha, DP felt it for the first time yesterday :)

Bimby
December 29th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Oh that's lovely Cinss! My dh isn't patient enough but right now its really hit and miss for me since most are just flutters atm. I know ds1 is excited to feel it.

hotdogz&boyz
December 30th, 2012, 01:30 AM
I am still very excited for you BImby!! I think it's all pink as well. But I know that feeling of waiting and being anxious about it. I was nervous and nuts the morning of! We will be waiting for your news :)

My anatomy scan went good. Baby is still all girl (I asked to see it twice and the tech was so sweet telling me how she understood why I didn't believe it, that her good friend is doing the same thing having a girl after three boys. She did say that all the wrong guesses she had ever heard (that she hasn't been wrong in years) were from inexperienced techs who had a 2-second window of a shot to make a determination. She assured me that she has seen her parts MANY times and nothing is growing. Same one as the one at 16 weeks, she has 20 years of experience in nothing but OB/GYN). So yeah, even I could see on the DVD that nothing was there. I saw lines, lines, and more lines. Lol. Baby is measuring perfect for gestation, which is new for me. My boys were quite big at this point (a good 2-8 days larger). Her heartbeat was 161 and she weighs 10oz. She gave gorgeous medical shots, measurements and such, but the stinker would not give us a profile picture at all. She kept staring at the probe in that "thundercat" pose. She is gonna be nosy. Doc said everything looked fabulous, no concerns at all. So I am a very happy camper right now. I think it suddenly is sinkng in even more.

I am feeling regular movement now, daily. She likes nighttime (like evenings) and 4am...when I am up. She is quiet in the mornings. I only feel movement on my lower right area right underneath my belly button. And the far, far left corner. My placenta covers pretty much all of the left side and her head is located far right (arms are giving me movement in right belly button area). So it's neat to relate all of it to her moving around in there. I love when others can start to feel, but she is not the strong yet. Anyone else noticing movement patterns?

Oh, NYE, we are doing a party at a friends house. Wild and crazy! Lol. We take the kids, do fireworks, and everyone is gone and likely in bed by 10pm ;) It's fun though. I love the group. I'll hit up the apple cider instead of anything else this year!

Cinss
December 30th, 2012, 01:36 AM
I feel bubs move after meals maybe the full stomach has something to do with it, or he just likes food time haha. Well i got roped into babysitting on NYE, so we will just watch the fireworks and have an early night. Its a 6 year old boy who we are sitting so i am interested to see how DD gets along with him :)

Bimby
December 30th, 2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks Hotdogz :) So happy your scan went well, it must be a relief to hear. I know thats what Im looking forward to hearing the most :)

This one moves after food too. I notice when Im squashing him/her in the morning in bed and then throughout the day after food. I feel it mainly on my left side and sometimes middle and low. Last scan my placenta was all across the front but bulkier on the left. Wondering if thats changed by the time I have my next scan...

Turning the page
December 30th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Sorry I've been all but absent lately! I've been following along, but haven't had time to post. Seems everyone had a great holiday!
Bimby--I am so excited for your scan! I just looked at your 12 week scan photos again, and I am as close to 100% as I can be that you are carrying a little girl. :) I know it will be so reassuring to find out for sure. I have my anatomy scan the same day, and I'm still a bit apprehensive that the first sonographer was wrong. I've watched the DVD, and baby moves so fast, you couldn't really see a steady potty shot for more than a second or two. So we shall see! ;)
Hotdog--congrats on the great results of your anatomy scan! And we will probably be in bed by 10 pm on NYE too. :-P
Oh, btw, I've been following June/July/August ladies also now, stalking the gender reveals--ha. Isn't it amazing how many twins they have had in that group?! Even though some unfortunately haven't fared well, it's still quite remarkable. Alright, that's all from me for now. Happy New Year's, ladies!!

TT_3814
December 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Sounds like a fab scan, congrats Hotdogz!! :D

Bimby~ I'm jealous of your weather! ;) Mmmm, BBQ is one of my cravings at the moment, I need to find a good place to go get some until warmer weather comes back. Enjoy! :)

5-6am little one wakes up and moves for awhile, gets quiet for a couple of hours and then starts again after I eat breakfast. Same as others have said, moves after every meal. I love it! :HH:

Bimby
December 30th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Anyone know a good fruity mocktail recipe I could use tonight?? Making Hamburgers on the BBQ with fruity mocktails for me and the kids :) Im actually excited for it lol

Rosie85
December 30th, 2012, 10:34 PM
Last night I had a peach drink, it had peach nectar and I think peach juice concentrate or maybe it was pineapple juice?? It was all mixed with a ginger ale. Very tasty! Also a sprite/7 up goes well with strawberry and lemonade!

mrshonyez
December 31st, 2012, 12:28 AM
Anyone know a good fruity mocktail recipe I could use tonight?? Making Hamburgers on the BBQ with fruity mocktails for me and the kids :) Im actually excited for it lol

I used to make a drink that is a can of frozen lemonade, cut up strawberries, ice, sugar to taste, and vodka... But I'm sure it would be just as yummy without the vodka! And now I want some lol!

Bimby
December 31st, 2012, 01:13 AM
I just bought a few different juices & some Sprite, figure I'll just chuck it all in with ice and see how we go lol My favourite cocktail is the Mojito mmmmm yum!

Cinss
December 31st, 2012, 02:39 AM
http://dl4.glitter-graphics.net/pub/811/811784ymmbe1kn6p.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

mrshonyez
December 31st, 2012, 02:56 AM
I feel like I should share this with you ladies... Such a sad story!! Be ready for some tears... But it has such an importan message.
Love, Light, Laughter and Chocolate - One Mom's Journey: Be with me. Just for today. (http://lovelightlaughterandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/12/be-with-me-just-for-today.html?m=1)

Turning the page
December 31st, 2012, 07:50 AM
MrsHoneyz--oh, this was sent to me by a friend last night and I literally wept when i read it. My heart aches so much for her...I told DH that we are anchoring every dresser and desk to the walls this week!
:(

Brandles
December 31st, 2012, 11:44 AM
I feel like I should share this with you ladies... Such a sad story!! Be ready for some tears... But it has such an importan message.
Love, Light, Laughter and Chocolate - One Mom's Journey: Be with me. Just for today. (http://lovelightlaughterandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/12/be-with-me-just-for-today.html?m=1)

Thank you so much for posting this. This is the first time I've read this story and this didn't just bring tears to my eyes, this story had me crying so hard I felt like I was beginning to hyperventilate. Such a sad sad tragedy. One that I hope I never have to face.

Just a little over a year ago this very same thing happened to my cousins boyfriends sister. It was horrible. The dresser was taller. It was a 6 drawer tall chest. There was something on top that her 3 year old wanted so he pulled some drawers out to climb up and get it. It tipped and wedged him between the chest that fell and the bed. He was crushed, but able to barely breathe. He had severe brain damage and was now on life support. 3 days later the Drs urged her to make a difficult decision to take her son of life support. This story you posted brought back the memories of that day just a little over a year ago.

This really makes me hate my husband. When this happened to my cousins family a year ago... I begged my husband to anchor our 6 drawer tall chest that has a flat screen on top of it without a base (have no idea how its supported as its not even leaning on the wall). Our youngest son just turned 3 in August and had been climbing since he was a baby. I found him a few weeks ago in top of his own dresser, much smaller than the one in the story, but still YOU NEVER KNOW, and I don't ever want to find out. So it pisses me off that still, to this day, my freaking husband has still not anchored the dresser to our wall. I'm making him read this story. Life is so precious.

Brandles
December 31st, 2012, 12:08 PM
Now that I've wiped my tears... I need to get ready for my anatomy scan today. I'm so nervous and scared. I've seen so much heartbreak over the past few weeks in the two forums I frequent most. I just pray that everything is ok... Even if she turns into a he... I just want to hear that my baby is healthy. I hardly ever feel her move and it scares me to death. My Doppler is literally the only thing keeping me sane. My appt isn't until 1pm pacific time, but I will update you all as soon as I can.

Congrats on your scan hotdogz... I hope I get some great results today too!!!

On a side note: Ignorant people piss me off. I've lost 3 babies all 10 weeks and earlier and I have 3 children. Someone had the nerve to say to me that I've now "finally" held more pregnancies than I've lost. Ugh, I felt like slapping her. I was speechless and didn't say anything which makes me more mad at myself.

Wishing you all a happy and safe New Year!!! Xoxo

jark22
December 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone :). I wish you all a happy and healthy new year I'm definitely ready to say good-bye to 2012!

We have our 20 week anatomy scan in a couple of hours. I'm just hoping everything is ok. My doctor mentioned the possibility of placenta accreta since I have an anterior placenta and have had c-sections. We will know today if the placenta position is a problem or not.

That is a very sad story that mrshoney just posted. Unfortunately, it's a story I heard often when I used to work at a children's rehabilitation hospital :(. We had babies, toddlers and children with every imaginable sad story. It often makes me overly cautious with my own children and I feel like sometimes I have to dial it down. Although I will have all boys- there is no way in hell any of them will play football. That is one thing I will not compromise on. However, as much as we try to protect our children from harm- there are always freak accidents. You just have to love them up while you have them - and cross every body part that they will always be safe and healthy. Thankfully, I no longer work there (since I had DS1)- although I do miss it. I would never be able to work there while having children of my own.....

Anyway- I will update later about my scan. Please keep your fingers crossed that everything looks perfect!

mrshonyez
December 31st, 2012, 12:53 PM
Thanks for taking the time to read it, ladies. Hopefully it can save a child's life if it keeps getting passed around! That's so scary Brandles... I probably never would have thought of it, but my kids' previous pediatrician told me a similar story so we anchored it right away.
Oh my gosh, you should totally go back and slap her!! That's completely insensitive of her to say!
Good luck with your scans today!!

mummypink
December 31st, 2012, 02:31 PM
Happy New Year lovely ladies.

I haven't dared read the story as I know I will be floods, but I had such a near miss with a chest of drawers falling on my then 2yr old ds1 when ds2 was just a few months old. He had gone into his bedroom and used the drawers as steps to get something from the top, I was in the room next door changing ds2s nappy when I heard a crash. My heart honestly stopped and I ran through to see the dress had fallen forwards onto the floor and no sign of ds1. I don't know where the strength came from but I managed to lift the whole thing back up while shouting ds1s name. I couldn't see him underneath it and then a little voice came from under his duvet on his bed. By some miracle he had managed to jump from the drawer he was on onto his bed as the drawers tumbled down. He'd been so scared he just hid under his duvet cover. I have never hugged him so much in all my life and thanked God for saving him. As soon as dh got back from work he fastened the drawers to the wall and did the same with any others we had in the house.

So frightening how quickly something can happen that could have such devastating consequences.

I hope your scans go well Jark & Brandles. xxx

Tiffani3
December 31st, 2012, 02:35 PM
Happy new year to you all, lots of love
Good luck with the scans today xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
December 31st, 2012, 02:41 PM
Happy New Year my GD friends. I can't believe I've been on this site for 6 months, and I'm 23 weeks pregnant. This is our year ladies!!! Congrats to you all. Can't wait to see all the pics of our new babies. Coocoo, I think you're up first. This is getting very exciting.

Brandles
December 31st, 2012, 03:20 PM
Oh my gosh, how scary mummy. My 3 yo does that sometimes in his older brothers room usually for candy. I think my husband is in denial that it won't or can't happen to us. I read him your story too. I think I'm just going to have to take action and do it myself. I'm so glad your little boy was able to escape and is safe.

hotdogz&boyz
December 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Good luck to all those having scans today! Hope all is well :)

Dresser tipping scares the daylights out of me. It happened to the little girl I nannied for back years ago. Thankfully it was a very light, very small dresser and did not trap her for more than the 10 seconds it took me to get to her and pull it off. She was "napping" and usually played before she went down and I guess she thought to climb on it and tipped it onto herself. I heard the crash and ran to get her. And she was totally fine, probably because it was so small and quick. But all of ours are anchored and still panic about what they could pull onto themselves and get hurt. K is a huge climber, at 15 months, and has no fear. So I am cautious about what he has access to.

jark22
December 31st, 2012, 04:42 PM
Thankfully, everything is perfect with my newest little man. I was so nervous something was going to be wrong. The tech spent a lot of time going over every body part- except when it came to gender. Although we already found out it's a boy a month ago......she seriously only glanced for one second and printed out the weird shot. I know he's healthy and everything is ok.......is it weird to have wanted a better penis shot? LOL! My other two boys looked completely different and you could definitely see balls as well. I think this was a weird shot- and I just want everything to look the way it should :). He's definitely a cutie though. His name will most likely be Joel Aaron (Aaron after my mom, Sharon).

Tiffani3
December 31st, 2012, 04:53 PM
Argh love the name and he certainly is a cutie I'm glad everything is well with your little man xx

luckylass
December 31st, 2012, 05:43 PM
Havent been on much over the holidays, really enjoying the time off. just wanted to pop in and say Happy new year ladies. Hope it's a great one for you all.

Cinss
December 31st, 2012, 06:09 PM
Jark thats great news that your little boy is happy and healthy, i know how relieving it is to hear them go through each thing and tell you its all looking good and normal, such a weight off and you can now just enjoy the pregnancy :) I dont know why some techs seem to rush and give blury shots like she gave you.... Sheesh i would try for the award winning photo if that was my job, i think they forget how much you treasure the photos and how much it means to you to be able to see YOUR baby, when they see them all day long.

Bimby
December 31st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Happy to hear all is well with your baby Jark. I agree that pic is strange, how frustrating for you! Does your Ob do scans at all? If so maybe he/she can get a proper money shot for you. Anyway, so happy your baby is healthy and I love his name, what a special thought for your mum xx

I havent read the story yet as I know what Im like with sad stories but I proimise I will. I'm scared stiff as we havent anchored our drawers at our new house yet. Something I will get DH to do soon and while Im at it Im going to move their lolllies off their top shelf. They're good kids but it only takes one time to decide they are going to sneak a lolly, makes me very nervous.

Hope everyone elses scans go well! 1 more day for me!!!!! Bubs has been quiet so far this morning so really cant wait to see everything is as it should be.

2013 is here!!! The year we meet our babies!!! How very exciting :)

Brandles
December 31st, 2012, 08:57 PM
Jark~ glad to hear all is well with your baby boy!! What a cute profile shot you got!!

I had my anatomy scan today and I must say I am very disappointed with my scan. She started the scan and told me to be as still and quiet as possible for the duration of the scan so she could get the best measurements. She said it would take about 15-20 minutes of her doing the medical portion of the scan and then she would turn the screen so DH and I could see the baby. When she was done with her portion of the scan she tore off the pictures for the Dr and I asked how the baby looked, she said she’s not the Dr and after the Dr had a chance to look at the scan he would have the report to my Dr by Wednesday, but said the baby was growing right on target in accordance with my dates. That was it. Then she started my scan again for our pleasure. She showed us the gender and baby is still a GIRL!!! We were able to see the baby’s ears which was amazing and saw both of the baby’s hands and feet crossed together… we even saw her wave at us (it was so adorable). But she never went over the organs with us. This was the first time out of 4 anatomy scans that the tech didn’t show us the 4 chambers of the heart, stomach, kidneys, etc. This made me disappointed. I was really surprised she spent so much time in the gender and even printed 4 or 5 great shots. After about 5 min, she quickly ended the scan and gave my DH the pictures. As she gathered her things she said to us again the report will be sent to the Dr on Wednesday, but she didn’t see any red flags. So it sounds like my baby girl is healthy, but I would have felt a lot better if I were able to see everything I wanted. I’m kicking myself that I didn’t ask.

Here’s a couple pics!

Baby girl bits!!!

Baby's ear!!

Baby's feet (heels together)

This is how I "think" I'm going to announce baby girls gender on Facebook... What do you all think? Didn't get any good profile pics from today... This is one from 12 week!

suregena
December 31st, 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm still not feeling her much. It's driving me crazy! My son I was feeling daily from 15 weeks and her it's few and far between and very little - agggh! It just makes me so nervous!

TT_3814
December 31st, 2012, 10:50 PM
:( :( so heartbreaking...

(((hugs))) Brandles, how scary!!

Jark~ Your little Joel looks perfect and has such an adorable name! :) His potty shot does look rushed, sorry the tech didn't take a better shot. :/

Happy New Year, ladies!!! :)

Cinss
December 31st, 2012, 11:28 PM
Brandles try not to worry, i know it must be hard, i had a very good tech who explained everything as she did it and we could see it all on the screen. There was one scary part though when she was counting the fingers i think she had trouble getting all of 1 hand to show up so it looked like there were only 3 fingers, she didnt speak at that point so my heart was racing and i was too scared to ask, but she did go back to it at the end and got the right angle and we saw the whole hand. I thought about this more after we left and wondered how she would handle a scan if she was seeing things that were abnormal and it must be such an uncomfortable thing so i think the way your tech did your scan, she may have just been putting herself in a safe place "incase" iykwim. But from her saying she saw no red flags is very very good.

Brandles
January 1st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Happy New Year Everyone!!! Wishing you all a happy and healthy New Year!! I can't wait to meet our little ones!!! Looking forward to all the good 2013 will bring!!!

Thanks Cinss, I'm not super worried. If there was something wrong, I'm sure I would've been there longer than 25 minutes and the fact she said "no red flags" does give me some peace. I just wish she would've shown us the screen to explain point out all the organs to us. I've been to this place with all three of my kids, plus this pregnancy and its the first time they didn't show us.

hotdogz&boyz
January 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
^^That could have easily been something that changed because of a "bad experience." KWIM? Like a year ago they changed the rules because something happened and someone sued them or something. It would be sad, but sometimes issues like that change the whole thing for everyone. I know when I had my scan with my first miscarriage, the tech wouldn't say a word and wouldn't tell me what I was looking at. I was sooo upset about it. I just wanted to know. But liability made it so a doctor had to tell me we lost the baby, she was not able to say a thing, even though it probably broke her heart too. I was bawling and asking.

But your appt should totally ease your mind. If she saw no red flags, I am sure all is fine. I think that was her way of reassuring you.

Any news yet Bimby?? It was today, right?? I am waiting!

Jadis
January 1st, 2013, 02:13 PM
Sorry, I don't belong in this thread because I'm due in June but I am anxiously waiting on Bimby's news! It seems I'll be lurking here till she stops in :) Happy New Year to all of you!

3boys
January 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Yeah stalking for bimby's update!

Lassie1982
January 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hi girls, I've not been on here too much, been reading some updates but not posting much.....

Good luck Bimby! I'm thinking girl :)

I've got my anatomy scan today, kinda nervous.
Just hope he is healthy, I have no reason to think otherwise, but am worried that I have just assumed he would be healthy, I was so focused on wether he was a boy or a girl, I never stopped to think wether he is healthy, I just took for granted that he would be.

Bimby
January 1st, 2013, 06:35 PM
I've got 1.5 hours to go eek!!!! Will be driving there soon :) I'm going to see my Nan after but hopefully my phone will play nice so I can update xx

Jadis
January 1st, 2013, 07:09 PM
Eeeek! Very exciting, Bimby! Enjoy :)

Cinss
January 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Have a nice time at your scan Lassie, it will be really great to see your little guy again :) Im sure you have nothing to worry about, but i know its a mothers job right ;)

Bimby, cant wait for your update and pics of your sweet little girl :)

mrshonyez
January 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
Stalking!!

Bimby
January 1st, 2013, 08:48 PM
Quick phone update. Its a GIRL!!!!!! I think lol only have a nub shot as confirmation so will dig through DVD when I get home. I got a sweet face shot to put up. All appears well and looks like another big baby :) looking forward to hearing from you lassie xx

nuthinbutpink
January 1st, 2013, 08:55 PM
Hope your scan went well, Lassie! Congrats, Bimby!

Rosie85
January 1st, 2013, 09:03 PM
Congrats Bimby!

Turning the page
January 1st, 2013, 09:13 PM
Woo hoo, Bimby!! Congrats on a healthy little girl! Can't wait to see some pics of that doll baby. :)
I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, and I think that's it for this group, huh?? Kinda sad in a way...now we get to look forward to arrivals! Anyone else getting freaked out at how fast time is flying?!?

Rosie85
January 1st, 2013, 09:16 PM
Me! I can't believe I have 14 weeks left to go....crazy scary!

Cinss
January 1st, 2013, 09:17 PM
http://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/c.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/o.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/n.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/g.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/r.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/a.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/t.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/u.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/l.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/a.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/t.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/i.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/o.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/n.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/mixed/s.gif (http://glitter-graphics.com/myspace/text_generator.php)

http://text.glitter-graphics.net/flower/b.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/flower/i.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/flower/m.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/flower/b.gifhttp://text.glitter-graphics.net/flower/y.gif (http://glitter-graphics.com/myspace/text_generator.php)

http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/1243/1243309dgebius5rx.gif (http://www.glitter-graphics.com)

Turning the page
January 1st, 2013, 09:18 PM
Rosie--I was just looking at your ticker a few minutes ago, and thought "She only has 96 days left?!? Holy Moses!" Lol. ;)

Brandles
January 1st, 2013, 09:19 PM
Congrats, Bimby!!! I think we all knew you were havin a girl!!! I can't wait to see her pic!!!

Lassie~ hope all went well today. Looking forward to hearing your update.

Ttp~ I am getting so nervous. 4.5 months left and still SO much to do... Actually, we haven't even begun anything... Eeek!!!

Rosie85
January 1st, 2013, 09:30 PM
Rosie--I was just looking at your ticker a few minutes ago, and thought "She only has 96 days left?!? Holy Moses!" Lol. ;)

Yeah! less than 100 days to go! I am nervous for delivery but other than that I really just want to hold my baby boy, I am so excited to be a family of 5! Not looking forward to the lack of sleep however...ha

hotdogz&boyz
January 1st, 2013, 10:08 PM
^^Yeah, me either. I am still doing the lack of sleep with my current babe. I am really, really hoping for a better sleeper this go-round :)

CONGRATS Bimby! I don't think it shocked anyone though. But it is so nice to have it confirmed. Yay for a little girl.

To be honest, I feel like this pregnancy has lasted forever. Lol. I can't believe I am only 1/2 way there. I think it is harder because it is over two separate years. My boys were both concieved early in the year (Jan and Feb), so by the time we told people, it was April or so and September/October were here before we knew it. They seemed so short, especially my second baby. And I figured this pregnancy would fly by. But it feels slow to me. I kinda hope time speeds up a bit toward the back half! May seems like FOREVER away. But I am sure I will change my tune once I hit 30 weeks or so.

TT_3814
January 1st, 2013, 11:05 PM
Yay congrats Bimby!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Hope your scan went well, Lassie! :) And lots of healthy baby thoughts to anyone who has a scan coming up!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like time is flying by. Even though being high risk has been stressful, I enjoy being pregnant. I'm not ready for all these lovely kicks and punches to come to an end..

Lassie1982
January 1st, 2013, 11:52 PM
All went well :) So very very relieved :)
Everything is as it should be, measurements all spot on, was so great to see him, especially in 3d, cant wait to meet him...that said I love being pregnant, and am really enjoying it.
Thanks so much as always girls :)

Congrats Bimby, fantastic news, so happy for you xo

Here are some pics

and the gender potty shot

Cinss
January 1st, 2013, 11:55 PM
I love that 3d pic Lassie, he looks like a little angel all wrapped up in your tummy :)

Brandles
January 2nd, 2013, 12:08 AM
I love that 3d pic Lassie, he looks like a little angel all wrapped up in your tummy :)

I totally agree! And I love the profile pic too!! :HH:

Bimby
January 2nd, 2013, 01:35 AM
Thanks beautiful ladies :):) I am so relieved but also still not believing 100%. Just went through my dvd and snapshot some pics so sorry for this being pic heavy. This is a girl right??

Does the second one look weird??? I will have my Ob confirm next tuesday - I trust this place though and Im sure they wouldnt have said if it was ambiguous.

Lassie, your LO is absolutely adorable!!!! I am in disbelief that we will be meeting our babies in around 4 months, crazy!!!!

Cinss
January 2nd, 2013, 01:45 AM
Bimby 100% girl there, dont stare at your pics too much ;) you will start seeing weird stuff everywhere, that is just the nature of ultrasounds, my tech even told me all that white floaty stuff in the fluid surrounding bub is his skin, i was like oohh really thats kinda gross haha. She is a cutie pie you have there, i like how the pic is blue at the back and she is yellow in colour, looks like she is underwater or something.

Bimby
January 2nd, 2013, 01:54 AM
Naw thanks Cinss, my eyes are tired from all my staring lol

homebirthing princess
January 2nd, 2013, 02:17 AM
Happy new years ladies I Hope u all had a fantastic Christmas? I've not posted much of late but have been keeping up to date with u all :) congratulations on your baby girl bimby no denying those girly shots lol its hard to get your head around tho I didn't beleive it until I had my 2nd scan and even then ever now ans then I panic incase it was wrong lol enjoy shopping for pink hun!! its very strange buying pink stuff I almost feel like I shouldn't :) we decorated her room last wk (pics on another thread if u all wanna peek) it looks so pretty but I was thinking the whole time omg what if she grows a Willy how horrible will it be to have to paint over!

So I only have 9wks left OMG I have started washing all her clothes now and nxt wk I will pack my 'just in case' hospital bag hopefully I will still be able to have my homebirth! I have my baby shower to look forward to on the 26th Jan I cant wait I'm planning a vintage afternoon tea theme and I've hired a lady to come do beauty treatments on us :)

So has any1 else started to 'nest'? Do any of u have a baby shower planned if so please share your plans :) I'm starting to get excited....we will all have our babies soon :) xxx

genieinabottle1
January 2nd, 2013, 02:36 AM
Hi ladies....so excited to see all the good news on here lately.

BImby: love the Us pics and congrats on baby girl!
lassie: glad everything looked great in there

Also agree that time is going by fast...we will all have our babes this yr! I have my anatomy scan tomorrow, and a little nervous so hope everything goes well. Also I have like a 5% hope that maybe it is not a boy? That sounds so wrong. DH is coming with me so I am excited about that. He did not get to see the anatomy scans of either if the boys.

Have a Happy New Yr everyone!

Lassie1982
January 2nd, 2013, 02:51 AM
thats as girly as a girl can get Bimby - no doubt about it at all!
BIG congrats hun :)
You've given me hope of having a B, B, G family split XO

Bimby
January 2nd, 2013, 04:06 AM
Thanks so much Lassie :) I seriously thought we had no hope of ever having a girl with the boys on my DH's side of the family.. ALLLLL boy cousins he has so figured we'd only ever have boys so total shock but means its definitely possible for everyone else xx

3boys
January 2nd, 2013, 05:51 AM
Bimby congratulations on your beautiful little girl xx

3boys
January 2nd, 2013, 05:53 AM
Lassie, your boy looks adorable

Shellbelle
January 2nd, 2013, 06:26 AM
Bimby and Lassie, congrats on the beautiful babies!

Tiffani3
January 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Lassie, Glad everything went well and you little man is all healthy he's so cute.

Bimby she's defiantly all girl congratulations to you she's a beauty
Xx

Bimby
January 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
I'm still not feeling her much. It's driving me crazy! My son I was feeling daily from 15 weeks and her it's few and far between and very little - agggh! It just makes me so nervous!

I kept meaning to reply to you about this hun but got sidetracked! My LO is really only going nuts this last week - It went from literally nothing to feeling her every day - I think Ive only had one semi quiet day in the last week. I hope that eases your mind some xx

Brandles
January 2nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Bimby, I agree, 100% girl there!! She's adorable!! Congrats again!

TT_3814
January 2nd, 2013, 11:14 AM
Congrats Lassie, he looks so sweet! :)

No doubt that's a girl :D, congrats again Bimby!

HBP- Wow, only 9 weeks, very exciting!!!

Genie- Good luck at your scan tomorrow!

Wishing4Pink
January 2nd, 2013, 01:33 PM
Lovely pics of your son Lassie, so cute!

Congratulations on your little girl Bimby

Big hello to everyone else. I too need to get organised for the baby. We're starting an extension at the end of Jan and it's hopefully only going to take 8 wks but still pushing it to get everything done in time!!

x

Bimby
January 2nd, 2013, 11:26 PM
Anyone else having a lot of braxton hicks?? I had one as soon as the scanner was put on me as the ladies told me. It was nice to know I wasnt imagining it but worrying all the same. I do remember having tonnes with DS2 from 16 weeks but Im more worried this time as I had that surgery on my uterus so I am scared of rupture.. Anyone else getting these a bit?

mrshonyez
January 3rd, 2013, 12:20 AM
Congratulations ladies!!
Bimby, I have TONS of Braxton Hicks all the time too...

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM
Its comforting to know Im not alone, I guess it is all normal. The tech said you definitely notice them more with subsequent pregnancies and she's not wrong!

mrshonyez
January 3rd, 2013, 01:43 AM
I agree, I had a few toward the end with my first, got them earlier with my second, and have had them since almost the beginning with this one.

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 02:25 AM
Thanks Mrshonyez, glad to know we're not alone :)

Cinss
January 3rd, 2013, 02:33 AM
Im having them heaps too, basically anytime i get up from lying down, in the shower and after sex.

Butterfly Spirit
January 3rd, 2013, 02:37 AM
I've had them throughout my pregnancy too. They are PAINFUL! In the past I've never felt pain with them. Two days ago I had one that was the strongest ever, I'm nervous it's going to be much more tough in the delivery room this time! LOL

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 02:53 AM
I've had them throughout my pregnancy too. They are PAINFUL! In the past I've never felt pain with them. Two days ago I had one that was the strongest ever, I'm nervous it's going to be much more tough in the delivery room this time! LOL

Maybe it will be a better labour as your uterus will be well exercised by then :)

Turning, how did your scan go???? You havent updated and Ive been thinking about you? Is everything ok??

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 07:32 AM
TTP???? I'm hoping all is ok hon x

Brandles
January 3rd, 2013, 08:45 AM
Thinking about you too, TTP. Hope all is well!!

I almost posted about the contractions over the weekend. I started getting them with ds3 at 18 weeks and was taken off work at 25 weeks. Come to find out it was mainly work stress that caused my contractions. I've been holding my breath this past week as I was entering my 19th week. I had just said got thru the 18 week without any and bam the next morning full on Braxton hicks. Now I'm having them quite often and sometimes 2-3 times within 5 min which scares me.

I see my Dr today and I'm so nervous for my anatomy scan results. She should've received the report yesterday, and her normal protocol would be to call me of there was a problem, but I have my appt today so if something was wrong she'd probably wait and tell me today. Sorry you guys have to keep hearing about it. Please say a prayer for me. I have no idea why I can't shake this. Deep down I know everything is fine.

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 09:42 AM
Oh Brandles, Im sorry you are feeling so worried hun. I am totally sure everything is fine with your baby girl. If there was a problem I imagine your tech would have called your ob and notifiied them straight away and you would have heard by now hun, I know it's easy for me to say not to worry but do try. I have total faith that you will hear nothing but good things at your appt :) Im off to bed now so I look forward to yours and TTP's updates ok xoxo

genieinabottle1
January 3rd, 2013, 12:36 PM
I haven't had a ton of BH, but seems like it is totally normal.

Brandy: I'm sure everything will be fine. Like you said if something isn't right they usually contact the OB and they contact you right away. With Ds 1 there was an abnormal finding in his heart which went away by birth, but I found out about it the next day. With DS 2i didn't hear until a week later and everything was normal. I know it's totally nerve-wracking though.

Had my anatomy scan yesterday. The lady was totally cut and dry. Thankfully she had a student with her, so she went over the organs withs her so I know that at at least they were all accounted for and looking generally normal. And we confirmed 100% boy! I wish I could post a pic on my iPad, but it was the most obvious penis I have ever seen! LOL. We got a lot of cute pics like of both feet, profiles and a waving hand.

suregena
January 3rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I have an anatomy scan after I get back from the US.

Annnnnd despite that, I really do not want to leave the US! :( I've got 1 week left. It's gone way too quickly...

Shellbelle
January 3rd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Suregena, I was wondering if you were still here! I hope you have a safe trip home.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Shell, I can't believe you're 20 weeks!!!!!

TT_3814
January 3rd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Surgena- Enjoy your weeks as much as possible! Safe trip vibes home!!

Tons of BH here too..

Brandles
January 3rd, 2013, 08:31 PM
Genie~ glad to hear your scan went well. Are the pics on your iPad? You can upload them straight from your iPad!! I'd love to see your pics!! :)

Surgena~ hope you have a great last week in the US and a safe trip home. Can't wait to hear about your anatomy scan!!

As for me, I just got back from my OB appt. everything looks good and my anatomy scan couldn't have been better. I worried myself to pieces for nothing. Deep down I knew it was going to be fine, but I feel like being pregnant with a girl is too good to be true... like if I don't deserve it. I'm praying the rest of my pregnancy goes by smoothly. I don't want to wish my pregnancy by any faster than it already seems to have gone, but I seriously can't wait to hold my baby girl!!!! Oh, and I've gained 11 pounds so far this pregnancy. Not too shabby, but I don't want to gain more than 9 more. I'm sure I will pass that up easily. Eeeeek!!

Rosie85
January 3rd, 2013, 08:35 PM
Glad to see everyone is well! I have been having tons of Braxton hicks as well...been told its super normal for a third pregnancy.

Turning the page
January 3rd, 2013, 09:23 PM
TTP???? I'm hoping all is ok hon x
Sorry I haven't posted yet! I totally meant to, and then my day went from crazy to insane, and I forgot! The scan went fine--baby is still a girl :). Saw labia, clitoris, and the whole shebang! Only bummer was that I have placenta previa, which sucks as I've been preparing for a vbac. They feel confident that it will move up, but I have another US in eight weeks to check. If it hasn't moved by 38 weeks, vbac is out of the question. So hopefully not something I have to worry about for too long!
Brandles--so glad to hear everything went well! Cutie pie little baby for sure!!
I have been having BH ctx since week 16. They're more pronounced when I'm stressed, in the afternoons, and with big O. ;) Had them constantly and intensely with DS the whole pregnancy, but no early labor for me! Didnt go into "real" labor til 41 weeks!

Bimby
January 3rd, 2013, 10:22 PM
So glad everyone has had ok appts, I was getting all worried!! TTP Im hoping your placenta moves up so you get to try for vbac hun. Brandles I feel the same, I hate wishing away the days but I am so scared of losing my baby too :( I cant wait to hold her and know she is safe & sound.

BH are driving me insane!! They are happening all the time now, maybe Im stressed a bit right now, who knows. I'll ask my Ob at my appt on Tuesday.

Gena enjoy your last week in the US and have a safe trip home. Looking forward to your update from your anatomy scan too x

Shellbelle
January 3rd, 2013, 10:45 PM
Shell, I can't believe you're 20 weeks!!!!!

Neither can I! This is suddenly feeling very, very real, LOL.

Winngrin
January 4th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Happy New Year everyone!!! So happy for you ladies that have recently found out you're getting your dg!

Butterfly Spirit
January 4th, 2013, 01:16 AM
I have an anatomy scan after I get back from the US.

Annnnnd despite that, I really do not want to leave the US! :( I've got 1 week left. It's gone way too quickly...

Isn't there a way you guys could move back? :(

Rosie85
January 4th, 2013, 02:24 AM
So the other day we finally got ds1 an official diagnosis for his issues. He has autistic disorder in a mild form and anxiety disorder, somewhat severe. It feels weird to have it be official. I was holding out hope he didn't really have autism even though I just knew....so anyway , I still worry about ds3 and whether he will be "normal" like ds2 or more like ds1 . I feel at times ds 2 just got lucky or maybe we just don't see his issues yet? It drives a lady crazy wondering if her baby is doomed. I know I shouldn't think that way but it's hard not to knowing how much more likely boys are to have issues. That was one of the main reasons for my sway to begin with. I just really hope teddy is okay.

Bimby
January 4th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Rosie, Im not sure what to say hun, Im sorry your DS1 has received his diagnosis however Im glad you know the issue so that perhaps you can find the right treatment for him. I totally understand your fear with your current baby, I imagine that I would be exactly the same in your situation. All I can offer you sweets is support to try and help you through this time and think positive thoughts that DS3 will be ok.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Mrs_P
January 4th, 2013, 03:00 PM
So the other day we finally got ds1 an official diagnosis for his issues. He has autistic disorder in a mild form and anxiety disorder, somewhat severe. It feels weird to have it be official. I was holding out hope he didn't really have autism even though I just knew....so anyway , I still worry about ds3 and whether he will be "normal" like ds2 or more like ds1 . I feel at times ds 2 just got lucky or maybe we just don't see his issues yet? It drives a lady crazy wondering if her baby is doomed. I know I shouldn't think that way but it's hard not to knowing how much more likely boys are to have issues. That was one of the main reasons for my sway to begin with. I just really hope teddy is okay.

I'm sure he will be fine, my ds1 has SEN and its getting worse / more noticeable as he got older. Ds2 is fine no signs of anything and neither has ds3 who although he is only 2 seems fine and ds1 was showing signs at this stage (plus i know what i'm looking for now). There is no reason Teddy won't be fine x

Lassie1982
January 4th, 2013, 04:51 PM
So sorry Rosie :( wish I had one advice for you, but I'm sure many of the ladies here will.
Thinking of you *hugs*

TT_3814
January 4th, 2013, 04:56 PM
TTP- Fingers crossed your placenta moves and you can still go for a vbac.

Happy V-day Winn!! :)

Lots of support and hugs, Rosie!

Rosie85
January 4th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks ladies, it's hard not to worry when I can't see or hold him!

Today has been very trying. i hardly got any sleep due to contractions all night long and we are still trying to potty train
DS1 who is 4 1/2 and he is still refusing. I am going crazy!

mummypink
January 4th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Sorry to hear you've had the diagnosis confirmed for your ds1 Rosie, on the potty training issues have you had any help/ advice? I have a friend whose son has mild autism and she had problems potty training him, he very much likes routine and anything that changes really upsets him. She got some great support and advice on techniques to use to support him during potty training and she has just managed to get him out of nappies. He has recently turned 5 years old.

I'm sure your ds3 will be fine, totally natural to worry though I do too as my logic kind of things that I'm tempting fate a bit expecting three healthy los. I guess it is all part of being a mum - we're natural worriers! xx

genieinabottle1
January 4th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Rosie: so sorry about the diagnosis, even if you suspected it. I hope this means that you can now get help and have resources to raise your son to his highest potential. And for worrying... Seems like it is a normal reaction, but we all hope that your DS3 will be fine, and most likely he will be! (( hugs)))

Brandy: how do you post pics from the iPad? Haha... I have never done it from here and my computer is broken for now, well until I get the new charger.

AFM got the results of my anatomy scan, and everything was 100% normal! I'm so happy. I think so many of us get caught up in the gender thing, we forget the most important thing.... Heathy little one..

TTP: if you're placenta is not totally over the cervix there is a good chance it will move up in time . I hope you get to VBAC. This one will be my second one if successful!

Rosie85
January 4th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mummy, I have been asking for advice and help from his current therapists but they have given me nothing, so so frustrating! We are currently trying to get home therapy services where someone will work with him in home for up to 8 hours a day. I am hoping they can help!! I am aware that autistic kids take much longer than usual I would just prefer him not to be 8 and in diapers. We have tried the whole routine thing and he just refuses to use the potty, he pees all over everything afterwards, argh!

Rosie85
January 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Rosie: so sorry about the diagnosis, even if you suspected it. I hope this means that you can now get help and have resources to raise your son to his highest potential. And for worrying... Seems like it is a normal reaction, but we all hope that your DS3 will be fine, and most likely he will be! (( hugs)))

Brandy: how do you post pics from the iPad? Haha... I have never done it from here and my computer is broken for now, well until I get the new charger.

AFM got the results of my anatomy scan, and everything was 100% normal! I'm so happy. I think so many of us get caught up in the gender thing, we forget the most important thing.... Heathy little one..

TTP: if you're placenta is not totally over the cervix there is a good chance it will move up in time . I hope you get to VBAC. This one will be my second one if successful!

Yes, my plan is to get him the best care possible! What he has currently is not enough!

THis will be my second VBAC as well! I am super nervous about it!

hotdogz&boyz
January 5th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I am glad that your son can get some more therapies now. My BFFs middle child has autism, her other two boys are fine. I think odds are with you that Teddy will be perfectly healthy. But it's hard not to worry. On the plus side, most kids improve a lot with the correct amount of treatment and it sounds like you will have access to that now. But I am sorry, I know it must hurt even if you were expecting it.

Brandles
January 5th, 2013, 07:54 PM

I hope I'm explaining this right... When you want to add a picture in your post you click on this icon... I have it labeled with an arrow to make it easy.

Then you click: choose a file
Then: choose existing (and it pulls up your camera roll)
Then: click on upload and it should show up in your post

To add an additional pic in the same post you do the same thing... But need to make sure "URL" is highlighted in white. And then proceed as normal. (There may be an easier way to add mult pics in the same post but I haven't figured it out yet unless I'm using photobucket.

Hope this helps!! :)

***ok, maybe the arrow didn't show up as planned, but its the icon the third from the right and looks like a picture frame with a tree.***

mrshonyez
January 6th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I'm so sorry Rosie!! I would be the same though, I worry about everything. I'm sure Teddy will be fine though!

Do any of you ladies feel out of breath? I never felt like this with my other 2, but this time I feel like I can't breathe well. I can be laying down, doing housework, walking around the store, it doesn't matter. I feel like half the time I can hardly get through a sentence, and I have to stop to breathe while eating. I have had a cold since December 16th, and it finally started to go away 2 days ago, then I started getting allergies on top of it. So I don't know if its from being sick, or the cold turned into something worse, if its normal, or something serious... I'm gonna call my ob on Monday, but just thought I'd see if you ladies have experienced anything like this. I have no energy anymore and just want to sleep :(

suregena
January 6th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Isn't there a way you guys could move back? :(

I'd have to pay £1,000's in debt, get my UK citizenship, save money towards my husband getting a green card (nearly $2,000 these days) and save money towards the costs of moving.

My husband's added necessity is some sort of decent healthcare option, which, well... may never happen!

Lassie1982
January 6th, 2013, 01:21 AM
I'm so sorry Rosie!! I would be the same though, I worry about everything. I'm sure Teddy will be fine though!

Do any of you ladies feel out of breath? I never felt like this with my other 2, but this time I feel like I can't breathe well. I can be laying down, doing housework, walking around the store, it doesn't matter. I feel like half the time I can hardly get through a sentence, and I have to stop to breathe while eating. I have had a cold since December 16th, and it finally started to go away 2 days ago, then I started getting allergies on top of it. So I don't know if its from being sick, or the cold turned into something worse, if its normal, or something serious... I'm gonna call my ob on Monday, but just thought I'd see if you ladies have experienced anything like this. I have no energy anymore and just want to sleep :(

YES! I have the out of breath, a lot! I was never sporty, but I wouldn't have classed myself as unfit, I thought it was too early to start getting out of breath, I can't recall being like this with ds1, maybe it's because I'm older now. If I'm doing something, anything, I'm short of breath, and if I'm just sitting or laying, then my breath isn't short, but my breathing is heavy.

Let us know what the ob says to to you.....hope it passes!

mrshonyez
January 6th, 2013, 02:01 AM
YES! I have the out of breath, a lot! I was never sporty, but I wouldn't have classed myself as unfit, I thought it was too early to start getting out of breath, I can't recall being like this with ds1, maybe it's because I'm older now. If I'm doing something, anything, I'm short of breath, and if I'm just sitting or laying, then my breath isn't short, but my breathing is heavy.

Let us know what the ob says to to you.....hope it passes!

That makes me feel better that I'm not alone! I don't always feel like that, but it happens a lot. I think when it happens, anxiety somewhat kicks in too which doesn't help! I hope neither of us have to deal with it the whole rest of the pregnancy!

Bimby
January 6th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I have the shortness of breath too, I think it may just be part and parcel of the whole pregnancy thing. I cant remember it fully with the others but Im sure I had it, especially with DS2 as he was a monster lol I have an appt Tuesday with my Ob so if I remember to ask about it I will xx

Lassie1982
January 6th, 2013, 02:33 AM
I also have very low blood pressure, maybe that has something to do it?
I'll ask the midwife at my next visit, would love to know what your ob says :)

Hope you feel better soon :)

mrshonyez
January 6th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Thanks ladies. I have had somewhat lower blood pressure, I didn't think of that. When I went to the doctor a few days into my cold, it was like 90 something over 60 or so. I don't remember exactly, but I remember it was lower. I just don't remember it happening last time. I feel better knowing its probably just the pregnancy, and not something serious. I tend to think of the worst first lol.

Lassie1982
January 6th, 2013, 04:31 AM
How's everyone going with their weigh gain?
I've already put on 6.5kgs (14lb?) and I hate it. I feel enormous :(
I feel I've put on too much, I was aiming for 10kg (recommendations are 10-15kg)
And I'm at over half that goal, at the half way mark, and I know the 3rd trimester is when you gain the most weight.
I'm being so careful with what I eat, it's predominantly fruit and veggies, I keep away from unhealthy snacks, but for some reason the weight is still piling on.
I know some schools of thought is that you shouldn't worry during pregnancy, but I do mainly for health reasons, secondly because I put on far too much weight with ds1 (about 18kg/40lb) and it took me about 3 months to lose it all, and for those 3 months I hated myself and the way I looked, I hated leaving the house because of it, and I really dread going through that again.
I have a small frame, so the extra weight shows so much.
How is everyone else going?

Cinss
January 6th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Lassie its really strange that i am eating like a pig through this pregnancy, i mean nearly every single thing i crave to eat is junk. I am having soft drink every day constantly, chips, chocolates, ice-creams, take aways and i know its so bad for me and i am terrified of putting on a lot of weight too, but so far i have only gained 5kgs. I was dreading jumping on the scales because i thought i would be up by 10 already, thats how i feel anyway, and i keep telling myself that i need to start eating better, but i am just finding my cravings winning over my sensible mind.

Last time i put on 17kgs all up and i was eating really healthy, i found that breast feeding stripped the weight off me pretty quickly and was back to start weight after a month, no exercise. But because i was on the HE diet for so long before i fell pregnant this time my start weight is up by 10kg so i am really going to be the biggest i have ever been in my life by the end of this pregnancy and im scared and sad at what i am going to look like.

jark22
January 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Lassie- so far I haven't gained anything from my pre-pregnancy weight and I'm almost 22 weeks. But I was very sick in the beginning - and at one point I was down 10 lbs. Now that I've been feeling better (since 16 weeks) I've been eating a lot - not always very healthy though.... I ate a lot of junk with my other boys and I failed the 1 hour glucose test with them. I had to take the 3 hour one- but passed it both times. I really want to eat better this time so that I hopefully pass the 1 hour test with no problems. DS1 I gained 43 lbs and DS2 I gained 29 lbs.........and breastfeeding did not help me lose weight at all. It was very frustrating!!!

Bimby
January 6th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Ugh I'm about the same Lassie so dont feel so bad, in fact I think I am up 7kg so far :( I put on 19kg with DS1, 17kg with Ds2 and I am on track to do similar if I keep this up! I must admit Ive been naughty this week but normally Im ok. I think I am just one of the "lucky" ones that has big babies and therefore everything just blows up the minute the test is positive. I hate it. I get fat and my skin looks worse then a pubescent teenagers! To top it off it takes me a year or more to lose it and that is with full on intensive exercise.. B/Feeding didnt do jack in the weightloss dept for me sadly.. Who knows, maybe it will this time lol I guess we gotta take the good with the bad, we all know we'll do the hard yards after bubs to get back to our "old selves" and unfortunately our bodies just do what they think they need to when we're pregnant. Hang in there hun, you really arent alone :)

Shellbelle
January 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I have been experiencing shortness of breath, too, but that is normal for me (even this early). Hope you ladies feel better!

I'm spotting again this morning after several weeks of nothing. It's scary. Thankfully, Harrison is moving around more, so at least I have that reassurance. We're packing to move, so maybe I have just been doing too much.

Brandles
January 6th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I'm definitely having some shortness of breath too. I can't talk on the phone and walk multi task anymore... It sounds like I'm panting and can't catch my breath. I also normally have a low blood pressure (90/55) and I'm always dizzy and affects me more being pregnant.

As far as weight gain goes... I've gained about 11 pounds so far. I've always only gained between 25-30 pounds with my pregnancies. I'm hoping to keep it closer to 25 this time. Breastfeeding didn't help me lose weight either. In fact, now that I think about it, I actually lost all my baby weight but two pounds at the 6 week mark with ds3. Then I had supply issues so I started eating oatmeal everyday (well, I know it wasn't just the oatmeal :wink: ) and gained ALL my weight back. I'm really trying to be good this time around, but the holidays didn't help and sugary foods keeps shouting my name. Lol!

Brandles
January 6th, 2013, 01:22 PM
I forgot to add that I fell down 4 stairs in our house yesterday morning. I slipped and landed on my bum. I'm ok and baby's still moving, but it still scared the heck out of me. I seriously want to put myself in a bubble until I'm holding my girl.

Lassie1982
January 6th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Thanks girls, going to try not to worry, it's just s tricky when you feel so out of control with your body!
The breastfeeding last time did help me shift the weight, so hopefully it will do the same again...

Sorry to hear about your slip brandles, hope you are ok...try not to worry about baby, our bodies protect them so well! Just think of the things women in the Middle Ages (and even these days in some countries) did whilst pregnant and they still had babies fine :)
If your feeling movements, and don't have any spotting then you should be fine :)

Shell that sucks about the spotting, hope all is well, and don't overdo it with packing!

hotdogz&boyz
January 6th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I think it's really normal to have shortness of breath in pregnancy. With my second, I could barely breathe by the end of pregnancy. I remember it started "earlier" than I would have thought as well. I carried him really high in my lungs though, so I don't know if that affected things. I also had lower blood pressure with him than I do this time. I am typically rather low, but am running a bit closer to "normal" this pregnancy.

I have gained a lot of weight so far. I am up by 15lbs if I count my "start" weight as my normal weight before the "crash LE diet." I don't think i really lost weight so much as fluids on that 2-week tryst with it. So I count my "start" by where I was maintaining before the month we conceived. But obviously if you add in the 10lbs I lost immediately prior to conception, I am up 25lbs!! Holy cow ;) But I generally gain more in the beginning of pregnancy versus the end. At least that was true with my boys. I gather that I will gain right around 30lbs this pregnancy, which is about what I gained with my last child. My first was a special case, I was much larger to start out with and never gained anything with him.

Out of curiosity, those who lose pregnancy weight while nursing...I have heard it is more common to lose the weight while nursing when you are an "apple" body shape or a "metamorph" body shape (apple means carrying more weight up above your pelvis, metamorph means carrying equal amounts above and below). I heard that women who are "pear" shaped (carrying more weight in the thighs and legs than anywhere else) are the ones who have a hard time losing weight while nursing. I am not sure if it is true at all. But it seems that among the friend group we were talking about it with (five of us), it does seem to hold some truth. I am an apple and drop weight like mad when nursing (with DS1 I lost 50lbs in the first 4 months of his life, with DS2 I lost all of the 30lbs that I gained in pregnancy and an additional 5lbs by 4 months in). But two of the ladies in the group actually hold all of their weight or only lose a bit when nursing and both have a significant body shape difference from the rest of us. Anyone else finding this to be more than hearsay? Or was it a coincidence?

Cinss
January 6th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Well i never heard of that theory HD... but now that you mention it i guess i am an apple shape and lost my baby weight fast with BF. My SIL on the other hand is a pear and is still carrying the weight on her bum and thighs and her baby is now 10 months old, she has been working out a lot too to try to get it off with not much luck.

True Blue
January 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I am pear and hold weight nursing :) seems there might be something to it!

mrshonyez
January 6th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Thanks for making me feel better ladies!! I watch too many medical shows... Private Practice being my most recent, which isn't a good idea during pregnancy lol.
I've gained 20 lbs already if I go by my lowest weight. As soon as I got my bfp and got off the LE diet, I gained 5 lbs in a short time. So I've gained 15 from that weight. I wasn't doing too bad until the holidays and all the sweets either lol. But I'm way smaller this time than last time, and at least a little smaller than the first time. I don't want to gain more than 8 more lbs, but I dunno if I can keep to that... I still have 16 lbs to be where I ended up with DS1 though. I gained 40 each time, and weighed exactly 10 lbs more at birth with DS2 than DS1. I have a small frame too, so it shows when I gain so much too fast!
I would say I have a metamorph shaped body, pretty equal top and bottom, however my boobs get giant during/after pregnancy lol. I lose most of my weight with breast feeding, but always hold on to that last little bit. So it sounds pretty accurate for me too!

jark22
January 6th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Out of curiosity, those who lose pregnancy weight while nursing...I have heard it is more common to lose the weight while nursing when you are an "apple" body shape or a "metamorph" body shape (apple means carrying more weight up above your pelvis, metamorph means carrying equal amounts above and below). I heard that women who are "pear" shaped (carrying more weight in the thighs and legs than anywhere else) are the ones who have a hard time losing weight while nursing. I am not sure if it is true at all.

Not true for me. I am an apple. I wish it was true though. And actually one of my friends is a pear and dropped sooooo much weight while nursing that she had to start trying to gain. When I'm done nursing I can drop weight easily (if I put my mind to it).

Bimby
January 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Sadly not true for me either.. Im an apple shape I think?? I have broad shoulders and bigger waist but skinny legs so not sure what that is... Mens body perhaps lol It certainly didnt dop off me like Id hoped but I did struggle with supply issues so perhaps that is why??

Shell, I hope you have been able to put your feet up hun, try to rest when you can. I hope your spotting eases again, I imagine that would be scary still.

Has anyone else gone from barely any movement to absoutley crazy child?? This LO is constantly moving (since Xmas day) I never noticed it with the boys once I was asleep but this LO is nutso when Im in bed and throughout the day too. I love it but I worry she may not be a good sleeper like my boys were. It appears there are very few "downtimes" with her right now. Even the lady doing the scan asked about movement as she said she was rocking & rolling in there & I couldnt even feel those ones!! Perhaps it is a blessing I have an anterior placenta or Im not sure Id be getting much sleep lol

Lassie1982
January 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I'm a metamorph shape so I guess it's true for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrshonyez
January 7th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Oh my gosh, I just now realized I will be 7 months on Tuesday! I'm nervous about preterm labor though... I don't know why. I had so many Braxton Hicks yesterday that I lost count. But it was way more than usual. And I've had them a lot today too. Luckily my mom will be here March 4th! I just can't believe how fast it's going!

Bimby
January 7th, 2013, 02:31 AM
7 months!! how exciting!! 85 days to go :) I remember when I got to 99 days with my other 2, time just seemed to fly after that :) Ive had heaps of BH too, I figure it's probably just to do with subsequent babies, Im sure its all good. Just try and rest a bit more if you can and drink more fluids, not really sure if that helps or not. I do notice a increase in bh the days after Ive been super busy.

suregena
January 7th, 2013, 03:19 AM
Babe has moved a little more today. We went and saw Les Miserables and she was moving often throughout the film. Tonight she was moving a little again and my husband happened to be sitting next to me on the couch so I moved his hand over quickly so he'd get a chance to feel her, and he did. Yay! That's like a pregnancy milestone! All considering she is just so, so, so 'quiet' so far compared to my son, surprised I managed to catch her in the rare act so he could feel her.

Bimby
January 7th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Thats so cool Gena. My DH still hasnt felt this one, even though she's nutso most of her movements are down low and you cant feel them on the outside. He had his hand on my tummy the other morning when she booted me one but he wasnt sure if he felt it or not, I sure did lol I thought this one was quiet too but she has proved me wrong the last fortnight. I dont feel much during the day but morning and night she is pretty active. Your little sweetie may just be a quiet one or you may just all of a sudden start feeling her heaps in the next few days/weeks x

Rosie85
January 7th, 2013, 08:42 AM
I think before 24 weeks most movements are not as strong or up high for most women. Seems as soon as I hit 25 weeks the baby has been all over the place. We can see major movements on the outside and feel them too of course! I love watching the baby flip around, it gets so lumpy and lopsided on the belly, haha.

This week baby has been responding to my hubby. He talks to him and baby will punch out where he feels or hears him. So cute!

Brandles
January 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM
My baby's movements are no where consistent yet, however, I have been feeling her a ton more at night when I'm laying flat on my back before bed. I actually saw her bunch up on one side last night and like Surgena, we were able to catch her in a rare act and DH finally felt her last night. :running: He actually could've felt her like crazy last Thursday night since I felt her doing flips. It felt so amazing. I love this time in pregnancy and I am planning on enjoying every second of my LAST pregnancy. :(

Rosie~ that's adorable how your baby is responding to DH. I have no idea why, but my DH will put his hand on my belly when he leaves or comes home, but he's not very interactive with the baby until the baby is born. I hope this time is different.

TT_3814
January 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
I hear you on enjoying every second, Brandles, this is my last too. ((hugs))

mrshonyez
January 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
My DH is pretty much the same way, Brandles. He's been like that every pregnancy too. He'll touch my belly once in a while, and he'll rub it when I put his hand on it to feel him moving, but he doesn't do much with it until baby gets here. This little guy has really started rolling and poking around in there lately! I feel like he hardly ever takes a break lol.
I called my ob this morning, and the nurse said she'd like the tell me that the out of breath feeling is normal, but she'd rather me be seen. So I have an appt this afternoon. Hopefully it's just my blood pressure or something like that!

Lassie1982
January 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Good luck at your appointment mrzhoneys!

My little fella moves around a fair bit, particularly when I'm driving!
DH has felt a couple of movements but they have been faint.
I love it when you start feeling the big movements! Can't wait
Ds really wants to feel as well, but he has had no luck yet, maybe in a couple of weeks

mrshonyez
January 7th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Thanks! He said that the baby is probably just irritating my diaphragm since he's getting bigger. I'm relieved to know he doesn't think it's serious. Lol Lassie, mine moves a lot when I'm driving! I had another dental appt today, and when the drill started, he gave me a good jab in the ribs lol.

luckylass
January 7th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Hi ladies, how are you all keeping? Will have to do a read up on all the posts I missed but hope you all enjoyed the holidays. I am back to work tomorrow after three lovely weeks off with the boys and dh and dreading it but only back for 7 1/2 weeks before I am on maternity leave so that is not so bad I guess.

We went for a 3d/4d scan the weekend and it was amazing. Got loads of lovely glossy pictures, a disk of pictures and a dvd too. Delighted to see our little lady move around and see her features. She looks the very same as the boys did in their scans :) .

Hope you all had a good holiday, can't believe we will all have our babies this year.

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM
I finally got around to making this... Just thought I'd share :)
Left-right: DS1 @28 weeks, DS2 @23 weeks, DS3 @22 ish weeks
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/2089FC69-6C22-439C-84B7-182F80BC31C5-247-000000109CF392A1.jpg

Cinss
January 8th, 2013, 02:31 AM
thats cool mrshoneyz. Not only can you see little similarities in your babies like the top lip, but you can see how ultrasound images keep getting better too. love it!

Lassie1982
January 8th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I finally got around to making this... Just thought I'd share :)
Left-right: DS1 @28 weeks, DS2 @23 weeks, DS3 @22 ish weeks
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/2089FC69-6C22-439C-84B7-182F80BC31C5-247-000000109CF392A1.jpg

That's so cool.....love it :)

Glad to hear all is well, the diaphragm thing makes sense, I'm rather short, so it's likely similar for me.

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I agree, and I think their little lips look similar! I can't wait to see who he looks like!
I'm short too, I'm only 5ft 2in, so it definitely makes sense.

Bimby
January 8th, 2013, 03:23 AM
Such a cool pic Mrshonyez! Very cute babies :) and YAY you are in your 3rd Trimester!!!! The countdown is on now :)

Can I ask if anyone else is feeling nauseas again? Im starting to feel sick after I eat but Im not sure if its just the heat right now making me feel sick or whether it's MS again? I didnt suffer badly in 1st tri but I was super nauseas from 7 - 12 weeks.

Cinss
January 8th, 2013, 03:29 AM
no nausea here but this heat is a killer, keep up your fluids bimby.

Bimby
January 8th, 2013, 04:19 AM
I'm definitely keeping fluids up, the amount of times Ive been to the toilet today is ridiculous!!

I found out at my Ob appt today Ive put on exactly 7kg from my 8 week appt. So probably closer to 8kg as I put on a kilo early on I think. I guess I just have to deal with it but Im really hoping not to get over 12kg (ideally 10 but thats not looking good lol)- I got to 19kg with DS1 and 17kg with DS2 so was keen to keep it to a minimum this time but I wasnt able to keep up the exercise I was doing and with my sore pelvis it hurts to walk to far so even that is off limits, especially as I get bigger :( I really have to try and watch my food intake now I think! Summer weather does help a little although I tend to want icecream a lot more :worry:

suregena
January 8th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Such a cool pic Mrshonyez! Very cute babies :) and YAY you are in your 3rd Trimester!!!! The countdown is on now :)

Can I ask if anyone else is feeling nauseas again? Im starting to feel sick after I eat but Im not sure if its just the heat right now making me feel sick or whether it's MS again? I didnt suffer badly in 1st tri but I was super nauseas from 7 - 12 weeks.

Not sick but if I stand in one place too long (like when out shopping and I'm looking at things in one area or when I do my make-up) I feel sort of sick/faint-y... it's weird.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 8th, 2013, 12:47 PM
I still throw up EVERY night!!! Pregnancy and I really don't mix.

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 01:06 PM

Thank you! And I completely forgot about it being the third trimester, wow!!! Thanks for the reminder :)

I do still feel nauseous once in a while, especially if I go too long without eating. I'm still taking vitamin b6 at night too, so I'm not sure how I would feel off of it. But at least I don't feel as bad continuing it like I felt with the zofran or unisom!

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 01:12 PM
TMI question... I know I worry too much, but for one, its just what I do lol, and for two, it seems like everything is suddenly happening so I apologize in advance. Did any of you lose your mucus plugs earlier in your pregnancy, then it regenerate itself no problems? With DS2 I lost it about 12 hours before I went into labor. I think I might have lost part of this one last night, but there was no blood and I haven't had any contractions besides the normal BH's I've been getting. So I'm not too worried about it, just wondering y'all's experience?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 8th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I think you can lose bits of it along the way. I know women who started losing it 12 or 13 weeks before they delivered.

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 01:26 PM
That's good to know. I'm pretty positive that's what it was, it looked just like what I remember last time, and it was so thick :/ gotta love the things pregnancy/children make you talk about haha!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 8th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Is anyone with an opposite still having "days" when they cry and feel sad that they aren't having a girl? I find myself doing this every few weeks or so. I hate it and feel guilty. I found out over 2 months ago that I'm having a boy. I just want to be over it already. This is my last baby, but I find myself daydreaming about trying one more time for another dd. Crazy and will never happen!!! I just don't want to have thoughts like this as I go through life with my kids. As happy as I am to have 5 healthy children, I'm a little sad too. I really hope this goes away soon.

mrshonyez
January 8th, 2013, 02:06 PM
I still have days where I kinda feel sad too... DS1 argued with me twice a few days ago again that its a baby sister in my tummy. I had to keep telling him it wasn't, and he would just yell at me saying it is. Also, I was in a consignment store yesterday, talking to my mom on the phone, and found myself in the baby girl clothes :( I'm just ready for him to be here! But then I look at DS2 and he's such a snuggler, and always wants to give hugs and kisses, and DS1 is getting back to being really affectionate again, and it melts my heart. I'm sure this lil guy will be too. I hope you feel better soon, we completely understand your feelings!

*Speaking of which, DS2 just dropped something and hurt his foot, and DS1 came over and gave him a huge hug. It's times especially like this that make me smile and feel a little better :)

Lassie1982
January 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Is anyone with an opposite still having "days" when they cry and feel sad that they aren't having a girl? I find myself doing this every few weeks or so. I hate it and feel guilty. I found out over 2 months ago that I'm having a boy. I just want to be over it already. This is my last baby, but I find myself daydreaming about trying one more time for another dd. Crazy and will never happen!!! I just don't want to have thoughts like this as I go through life with my kids. As happy as I am to have 5 healthy children, I'm a little sad too. I really hope this goes away soon.

I have moments, normally instigated by something, like seeing a gorgeous baby girl, or the other day when I spent a fabulous day out with me my mum - it hit me afterwards 'am I ever going to get a relationship like this for my own', or when we we were shopping for DS birthday presents and my husband was going goo gaa over all the cool boy toys that I felt a pang of desire to feel what he is feeling by having a daughter who's toys I get so excited about.
It's not sadness as such with me, more so that I just don't understand why I couldn't be blessed with a daughter :( why so so so many people who a) don't care, b)want a son c) are such horrid parents, get to have a daughter, whilst me, who tries so hard to be a good parent, who tried so hard to do everything right to get a girl, just couldn't get one :(

I'm currently feeding myself with lots of hope, that DH is open to another attempt.
That I CAN and WILL have a strong sway next time round because I know now about my uterus so will have a super sway. (Had cut out all sway aspects except diet this time round due to length of TTC, turns out my uterus is very introverted, so the reason I wasn't falling pregnant was because we were DTD missionary and I was laying on my back afterward)
That said I am going to have to think long and hard before going for a third. My head will need to be I'm the right space, I think I have escaped the grips of severe gd this time round, but if the next one is a boy. I don't think I will. 3 is dh's absolute maximum, so if third is a boy then that's the door closed forever and I don't know that I could deal with that well at all. Ah well, not something I have to worry about any time soon!

Tiffani3
January 8th, 2013, 03:22 PM

I feel exactly the same sweetie, although I'm looking forward to meeting my little teddy and the joy it will be to have another little one in my house I still am hurting.

TT_3814
January 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM
3Men~ Just want to send (((hugs))) your way..

homebirthing princess
January 9th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Hugs ladies xxxx

homebirthing princess
January 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I had my midwife appointment today, all is looking good lil miss IS head down Woohooooo so fx it means I'm able to have my homebirth again :) I had a dream she was born on Valentine's day I will be 39wks then so not completely impossible fx it comes true I'd love a Valentines bubba! 5years ago today was my due date with ds1 I cant beleive he will be 5 on the 14th :( it doesn't seem 5mins ago we brought him home from the hospital...time goes to fast!!

Hope everyone is ok? X

Tiffani3
January 9th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I had my midwife appointment today, all is looking good lil miss IS head down Woohooooo so fx it means I'm able to have my homebirth again :) I had a dream she was born on Valentine's day I will be 39wks then so not completely impossible fx it comes true I'd love a Valentines bubba! 5years ago today was my due date with ds1 I cant beleive he will be 5 on the 14th :( it doesn't seem 5mins ago we brought him home from the hospital...time goes to fast!!

Hope everyone is ok? X

How exciting!! My midwife said to me yesterday that my lo is breach was really hoping for a home birth too I hope he turns round!
As you've had a home birth before what were the essentials you needed??

hotdogz&boyz
January 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Yay for a head-down babe!! My last gave me a run for my money in the breech territory. So I hope this one goes head-down and sticks that way! We aren't qualified for a home birth, but I am envious of those who can have them :)

I am having a wicked time right now. I have had a UTI for a month and have been through two rounds of antibiotics. It's still not gone and now I have a yeast infection to top it off. I admit I am glad to know its a yeast infection, I was worried about the CM changes (sorry TMI). But it's rather uncomfortable and it makes me nervous just because I hate taking all the meds during pregnancy, especially when they don't do their job. I am trying to remember its no big deal, that lots of people have way worse issues in pregnancy. But with the losses and the nerves about the baby being okay...it's just makes me so nervous to have any issues at all. A bit selfish, I know. I just hope the meds help the yeast infection and my UTI responds to a new medication. I would like a few weeks of no weird symptoms to be freaked out by. All the cramping, soreness, leaking, etc has thrown my brain into overdrive.

Sorry to whine. I know I should feel lucky to be having a healthy and pretty normal pregnancy.

homebirthing princess
January 9th, 2013, 05:36 PM
How exciting!! My midwife said to me yesterday that my lo is breach was really hoping for a home birth too I hope he turns round!
As you've had a home birth before what were the essentials you needed??

Willow has been transverse up untill last wk I started to feel her do some freaky moves and then could just tell she'd moved in to place, with ds2 he was breech untill 34wks so don't worry hun u still have plenty of time for bubs to turn :) have you got a birthball? I spent most of last wk sitting on mine or leaning over it to try and turn her, also check out spinning babies its full of helpfull advice.

If u have a homebirth have you thought how u want it to go I.e waterbirth? What are your 'plans' I would say u need a few old shower curtains and old sheets/towels that u can just throw away if they get messy, some of those big pads u can get the type they sell and u place on your bed incase your waters break (cant remember if ur UK based if so boots sell these) theres not much else u need really just a 'plan of action' really think about where in the house u want to give birth obviously in Labour things change but I always think its best to have a good birth plan, it always helps me feel prepared and calm :) check out http://www.homebirth.org.uk/homebirthuk.htm its an amazing site and will give u all the info and advice u need, it really helped me to feel confident in my homebirth choice xx

homebirthing princess
January 9th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Yay for a head-down babe!! My last gave me a run for my money in the breech territory. So I hope this one goes head-down and sticks that way! We aren't qualified for a home birth, but I am envious of those who can have them :)

I am having a wicked time right now. I have had a UTI for a month and have been through two rounds of antibiotics. It's still not gone and now I have a yeast infection to top it off. I admit I am glad to know its a yeast infection, I was worried about the CM changes (sorry TMI). But it's rather uncomfortable and it makes me nervous just because I hate taking all the meds during pregnancy, especially when they don't do their job. I am trying to remember its no big deal, that lots of people have way worse issues in pregnancy. But with the losses and the nerves about the baby being okay...it's just makes me so nervous to have any issues at all. A bit selfish, I know. I just hope the meds help the yeast infection and my UTI responds to a new medication. I would like a few weeks of no weird symptoms to be freaked out by. All the cramping, soreness, leaking, etc has thrown my brain into overdrive.

Sorry to whine. I know I should feel lucky to be having a healthy and pretty normal pregnancy.

Sounds like your having a rough time hun hope everything improves for u soon, big hugs xx

mummypink
January 9th, 2013, 06:00 PM

I'm generally doing loads better but as you say I still have the odd day or moment where I just feel like bursting into tears. I've gone through so many emotions since finding out we're expecting another boy, partly I just can't believe it and keep thinking surely the odds were with me that we would have a girl?! Partly I've been upset by so many thoughtless comments people have made, and partly I know in my heart of hearts that this is our last baby. I really haven't enjoyed this pregnancy as much. I've felt uncomfortable a lot earlier on and I think my body is telling me enough is enough. I am so so sad knowing that I will never have a daughter, just something I never thought would happen. I see gorgeous little girls everywhere with their mums and think how lucky they are to have that special relationship.

But at the same time I am really looking forward to meeting our new little man, wondering what he will look like what personality he will have etc.

I have another scan when I'm about 32 weeks and I'm hoping they will confirm the gender as I know part of me is still thinking maybe they have got it wrong! In a weird way though although I would be over the moon if they said they'd got it wrong and it is a girl, part of my would also be sad as I've been bonding with my new little man and getting used to the idea of three boys etc.

Can't win lol!!

I'm not sure which way round this little man is, I'm getting lots of movement but as I have an anterior placenta I can't make out what is punches and what is kicks. I think he may be head down as I have been getting the kind of scratchy feelings lower down and had some stronger movement up near my ribs. I need to get my exercise ball out and do some bouncing to try and encourage him just in case he is breach!

Has anyone else got a swollen vein at the top of their leg/ knicker line? I've been trying to get out and walk as much as possible to help my circulation but I still get it and it really aches some days. I had it when I was pregnant with ds2 but it wasn't until I was over 30 weeks. It doesn't help that I'm working at my computer doing design work all day! xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 9th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Mummypink, is the vein in your inner thigh area? Like going up to your "area"? Sorry for the wording. Should've just said vagina...lol.

mrshonyez
January 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM
I have another scan when I'm about 32 weeks and I'm hoping they will confirm the gender as I know part of me is still thinking maybe they have got it wrong! In a weird way though although I would be over the moon if they said they'd got it wrong and it is a girl, part of my would also be sad as I've been bonding with my new little man and getting used to the idea of three boys etc.

This is exactly how I feel! I don't think I will be getting any more ultrasounds though, I don't think they have any reason to give me one at this point...
And of course, I was watching a tv show where they were told boy, and the baby came out with what is called 'ambiguous genitalia' and that the chromosome test came back as a girl (as it usually does in real life too,) and now I freak out wondering what I would do if that happened to me lol. It's pretty rare, but I need to stop watching tv and reading stuff online! Everything this pregnancy has pointed girl, and my last ultrasound photo looked strange to me. I still want to have one more baby regardless, but it would be nice if the techs were wrong, and there was no pressure next time around to try for a girl again. But as mummypink said, I've bonded with this baby as a boy! And I love him so much already.
Thankfully, he's head down already, and has been since at least 22 weeks! Hopefully he doesn't shift back around, it would be great to actually have an uncomplicated delivery this time!

Tiffani3
January 10th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Willow has been transverse up untill last wk I started to feel her do some freaky moves and then could just tell she'd moved in to place, with ds2 he was breech untill 34wks so don't worry hun u still have plenty of time for bubs to turn :) have you got a birthball? I spent most of last wk sitting on mine or leaning over it to try and turn her, also check out spinning babies its full of helpfull advice.

If u have a homebirth have you thought how u want it to go I.e waterbirth? What are your 'plans' I would say u need a few old shower curtains and old sheets/towels that u can just throw away if they get messy, some of those big pads u can get the type they sell and u place on your bed incase your waters break (cant remember if ur UK based if so boots sell these) theres not much else u need really just a 'plan of action' really think about where in the house u want to give birth obviously in Labour things change but I always think its best to have a good birth plan, it always helps me feel prepared and calm :) check out http://www.homebirth.org.uk/homebirthuk.htm its an amazing site and will give u all the info and advice u need, it really helped me to feel confident in my homebirth choice xx

Thanks sweetie, I'll have a good read and defiantly buy a birthball! Xx

Bimby
January 11th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Been staying at my mums for the last few nights (hubby renovating our house) and its horrible to type using my phone on this site hence my absence. Just wanted to send my love to all who are going through a tough time with gd :( I wish I could take away the sadness.

Just wondering if anyone has heard from spinning??? I think of her often and hope she's doing ok. I know she had an appt coming up soon.

Gena have you noticed more movement lately??? Xx

Sunshiner
January 11th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Ladies my due date is fast approaching (mid March) and I wanted to get some advice from those of you who have more than one on whether to find out the sex of baby number 2 at this point or to wait? We have the gender written down in a sealed envelope in a locked drawer at the moment (we had the same with our first but never opened it) and I'm driving myself mad wondering if I'll cope better knowing in advance if it's not our DG.. Am scared of my first thought post delivery being 'oh but it's not what I wanted', that would break my heart and surely wouldn't really happen? Any words of wisdom or advice?? Thankyou x

jark22
January 11th, 2013, 10:23 AM
We went into this pregnancy saying we were going to wait to find out gender because we've never had the surprise before. However, I'm glad I changed my mind because I had a really strong reaction when I was told we were having our third boy. However, i found out 6 weeks ago and I am now pretty much over it and very excited for our newest little dude.

The only way I would stay on team green is if I really truly felt indifferent about the gender. I didn't want my baby's birthday to be filled with anything except happiness and excitement. Especially with all of the post birth hormones......I wonder if post partum depression is more of an issue when coupled with gender disappointment. If it is your desired gender, then the surprise would be awesome.......but it's a 50/50 chance. You just have to figure out if you will truly be ok to not hear your desired gender. Good luck!!!

Tiffani3
January 11th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Ladies my due date is fast approaching (mid March) and I wanted to get some advice from those of you who have more than one on whether to find out the sex of baby number 2 at this point or to wait? We have the gender written down in a sealed envelope in a locked drawer at the moment (we had the same with our first but never opened it) and I'm driving myself mad wondering if I'll cope better knowing in advance if it's not our DG.. Am scared of my first thought post delivery being 'oh but it's not what I wanted', that would break my heart and surely wouldn't really happen? Any words of wisdom or advice?? Thankyou x

Wow that's so amazing I would have looked straight away ;)
I don't really know what to say I think if you haven't looked by now maybe subconsciously you don't actually want to know before the birth?? Good luck deciding xx

Sunshiner
January 11th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Jark and Tiffani thanks so much for your responses.. I haven't looked yet purely because I'm scared of ruining the rest of the pregnancy by feeling depressed (husband doesn't have a huge pref') that's why finding out at the 20 week scan felt too soon to know. Jark your point about post natal depression is very interesting, somehow I can't imagine waiting until the big day this time but the thought of that little ray of hope I have at the moment being over is equally scary. I do want my only thoughts on the day itself to be pure joy so maybe we should find out, it's so hard as once we know we know and can't go back to blissful ignorance!

hotdogz&boyz
January 11th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I do think there are lots of benefits for looking at this point. Or soon before birth. It would allow those feelings to come out and not impede the birth bonding. But it wouldn't allow 20 week of dwelling if it wasn't your desired gender. If you are at all concerned about being disappointed at birth, I would look and allow yourself time to deal with those emotions. It was my reasoning for NOT wanting to do a surprise. At first I thought it would be a good idea to have a surprise, I mean, I would love my baby for who they were and not care about gender at birth, right? But I had these conflicting feelings that if it were another boy, I would spend his birthday slightly disappointed he wasn't a girl. And I didn't want that at all. I wanted to feel nothing but gratified that he was here and healthy. So we found out. Sure, it would have awesome to have a delivery room surprise when we got our girl...but with no guarantees, it wasn't worth it to me. But if you can say you would feel sad about it...then wait. I, too, am amazed at your willpower!

Rosie85
January 11th, 2013, 01:32 PM
That is exactly why I found out...didn't want to feel any disappointment on his birthday. I know if I would have waited I would have cried when told a boy. I like the time to get used to the fact.

hotdogz&boyz
January 11th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Soooo ladies....anyone up for sharing their name choices? I am not big on Internet names being revealed, but I'll post and delete it a few days later :) I have heard a few floating around (I think we have a Cyrus (Cy), a Theodore (Teddy), two Willows, and a maybe Owen) but I would love to hear what others are considering or what they have decided on. Its a weakness of mine...names!

mrshonyez
January 11th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I agree with the other ladies on the issue of finding out!

My original name choice was Carter... We have Cooper and Connor already, but DH suddenly decided he didn't like it. So now our top choice is Colton. I love it, but I guess I need to see him before I fully commit. I didn't have this issue with my other 2!

Tiffani3
January 11th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Mine is teddy too! Teddy Arthur I love it and I just hope it suits him :) xx

jark22
January 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Our little guy is going to be Joel Aaron (my mom was Sharon- so the middle name is for her). My other little guys are Ryan and Asher

Lassie1982
January 11th, 2013, 09:09 PM
That is exactly why I found out...didn't want to feel any disappointment on his birthday. I know if I would have waited I would have cried when told a boy. I like the time to get used to the fact.

Exactly this. Plus I didn't want to foster and grow hope for 20 weeks for something that isn't if you know what I mean.

This way I could deal with any disappointment well before the birth, and look forward with anticipation to meeting the baby

I didn't want to risk dealing with disappointment and heartache during a time when I'd be susceptible to PND anyways.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM
I am 100% going with Owen Reid. I have Aydan, Evan, Ava, Austin and....Owen. They all sound somewhat alike, but it wasn't intentional...lol.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 11th, 2013, 10:16 PM
And I'm almost 25 weeks. I can't believe it. Bought a crib and stroller today. It's starting to get very real around here all of a sudden.

Bimby
January 12th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Loving these names, every one of them!! I love Owen, I would have pushed for that name if this LO was a boy, and Teddy is super cute too!

Sunshiner, we found out gender this time but only because Id pretty much snoop my scan dvd until I knew anyway so figured they may aswell tell me lol Good on you for having that willpower!

The name for our LO will be Annabelle (Maybe Clare as a middle name - its my mums maiden name and I thought it worked ok but we may decide to opt out of a middle name all together-still not sure yet) We were originally thinking Isla or Ava and if I didnt have a friend with one already she would have been Amber. I really like Annabelle though. She can be Belle when she is little (my favourite princess of all the Disney Princesses!)

Cinss
January 12th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Yep we are still going with Cyrus :) We call him that already, so its normal and i cant see it changing.

Lassie1982
January 12th, 2013, 02:09 AM
We've got a couple on the short list, Alexander, Karl, Anton
I don't think we will decide before he is born, even with DS we just had a short list then as soon as he was born we just knew which name to pick instantly, I think it will be the same with this little one

suregena
January 12th, 2013, 07:00 AM
Gena have you noticed more movement lately??? Xx

Yeah a bit more. Just soft, quiet, and mellow.

suregena
January 12th, 2013, 07:04 AM
:( I've been crying nonstop it feels like. I cried on the plane, I cried at Heathrow airport in London and they're trying to do security checks and take security photos and I'm just crying and they're apologizing thinking it's them and my husband is having to explain why. I went home with my son in a taxi when we got to the main town near our smaller town and my husband had to dash off to go get our dog from the pet sitters. I got home and shoved a ton of reeses peanut butter cups in my mouth and curled up on the couch with my son and we fell asleep. Hubby got home with the dog and got us both tucked up in bed (I asked if Otis could sleep with us... feeling like I needed the extra little cuddles) and I swear I woke up in a nightmare. Like... where am I and why am I here? I just feel so nauseated today... likely because we didn't really eat at all after arriving in the UK officially at 2pm yesterday. But I don't know. I can't look at anything on facebook from family without crying. Or just talking about it now is making me cry again. Ugh....

Butterfly Spirit
January 12th, 2013, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry you are sad Surgena! I know you guys had a blast here!
I could never move away from my family. It's just not "home" to me without them.
The government sucks here but I'm staying as long as my family will, and I know they are not budging.

Maybe you guys might really want to consider moving back.
Life is so short!

suregena
January 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM
We are but there are just too many obstacles in the way right now. My husband just has had to go straight off to work after only just getting back and since it's the weekend shift I won't see him until tomorrow night after 10pm. We have no groceries and I have to somehow pull myself together to leave the house. I don't think I can today, though...

Butterfly Spirit
January 12th, 2013, 07:29 AM
We are but there are just too many obstacles in the way right now. My husband just has had to go straight off to work after only just getting back and since it's the weekend shift I won't see him until tomorrow night after 10pm. We have no groceries and I have to somehow pull myself together to leave the house. I don't think I can today, though...

That sucks! :(
Mine has to work a ton too, and because of that we aren't prepared for our daughter at all.
Hopefully today we can find a ton of second hand clothing locally. It's our only chance really!

I hope that you can cheer up somehow! :/

mrshonyez
January 12th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I know how you feel... We don't live in a different country than family anymore, but it still sucks being so far away. Not to mention DH being gone for at least 4 days straight every week with no family here to help me out. Sorry you're feeling so down!!

hotdogz&boyz
January 12th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Great names we have in this group! It seems like most people are doing pretty well on the name front in here. Our little girl is going to be J.

I am sorry you are sad Surgena :( It must be so hard. I lived away from my family for a year (moved to Canada) and that was really hard, so I can only imagine how difficult it would be to have them so far and have to leave them so much. I hope you start feeling better today.