PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25

coocoobananas
January 12th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Ours is going to be Wyatt, Quin or Finn lol !! Finn was going to be it til I realized tori spelling named her last boy that... He's like, nope! But he said its ok! My son wants Wyatt I think I want Quin ( it was my girl name too) I think we'll just see what he looks like!!

TT_3814
January 12th, 2013, 08:24 PM
((((hugs)))) Surgena, I'm sorry you're feeling sad, I can only imagine how hard it must be to live so far from family. I hope one day soon, you're able to live in the US again. :HH:

Great names ladies! :)

mummypink
January 13th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Mummypink, is the vein in your inner thigh area? Like going up to your "area"? Sorry for the wording. Should've just said vagina...lol.

lol! ;) It is more at the front just under my bump, kind of on my bikini line but it goes from there down my leg and just round past my knee when it is at its worst. I think it is because the baby is sitting so low because it is often worst in the morning which I don't understand as obviously I am lying down so the circulation should be ok. I always sleep on my left hand side too and have a pillow under my bump and between my legs to get comfy. I've got the midwife next week so I suppose I should ask her about it.

Am I the only one to have it?

mummypink
January 13th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Suregena sorry you're feeling so sad, sending you a big hug. I live abroad from my family but thankfully I'm not so far away although it has been 15 months since I was last back so I haven't seen some people for absolutely ages.

I hope you've managed to get some food in and are feeling a bit better now. xxx

mummypink
January 13th, 2013, 02:35 PM
How organised are you all? I think I have picked out the pushchair that I want but I still haven't ordered it. By now I have usually started stocking up on nappies and things but I haven't for some reason. I feel really dis-organised, I think I need to sit down and seriously think about what I need to get for this little one. Work out what clothes I need etc etc as I've barely got anything at all so far.

I know if I was having a girl I'd be going crazy by now buying things so I feel guilty that its most probably because I'm finding it so hard to get excited about getting things for another boy.

I just want to buy pink for once!!

TT_3814
January 13th, 2013, 04:01 PM
*hugs* Mummy

Baby items are written down and I can check off lotion, soap and one cloth diaper. I was hoping to get major shopping started next month but it's not going to happen. Hopefully I can start in early March, so I won't feel so rushed toward the end. So in answer, not as organized as I would like to be..

suregena
January 13th, 2013, 05:21 PM
I ordered a new cot/crib mattress because I don't want to reuse the crappy mattress my son used in it... time for a refresher. Also ordered the moses basket. We had a second hand one that was falling apart and had a lumpy mattress and I cannot believe we used it for my son (we threw it away after he stopped using it)... it was awful. I wish we had got a new one with him, oh well. I ordered my son a new kid's bed as we will be reusing the crib (just replacing the mattress.) That's it so far. I need some stuff like wash cloths, a new thermometer, etc, but nowhere near as much as last time. I may or may not get a new carrier but the one with my son is still in good condition so no reason to, really (I tend to only use a carrier for the first year+ of life.)

Bimby
January 13th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Sorry you are feeling so homesick Gena, I wouldnt like to be too far away from my mum either :( I hope you are starting to feel a little better x

MP - I havent bought anything but I have been given a few things (capsule & loads of clothes). My major thing I need to do is sort out the car! We have to see if 3 seats will fit or we'll be in big trouble! I have been given a capsule from a friend so can try but I need DH to help and he has been so busy with work so hasnt had the chance. We still need to paint the nursery but that isnt totally needed before bubs as she will be in our room for a while anyway. I already have the cot and change table from my other 2 so no need to buy another one there and my friends want to give me a baby shower so have avoided buying nappies and such as I will ask people to get me things like that for the shower. I think I will start doing more next month - I still feel scared to buy too much and was the same with my other 2. Worried I'll buy something and the worse happen.. Cant avoid it forever I guess.

How are the rest of you ladies? HBP are you the first due date of this group thats left???

Rosie85
January 13th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Hey ladies! It's been a long weekend. Had my brothers wedding! We also had a few issues including a car accident and a puking Dh...eww. So now I am without transport but dh is better, he was thinking it was lack of food and drinking beer and too much soda. Hoping whatever it was isn't contagious, seeing as I have contractions like crazy as is...don't want to get dehydrated!

I have not boughten anything for Teddy, we are behind but I'm not bothered yet by it. Still researching car seats though :-)

Bimby
January 14th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Oh dear Rosie, sorry to hear of all the goings on of your weekend! I Hope you didnt get hurt in the car accident?? xx

homebirthing princess
January 14th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Oh Rosie hope your ok hun?

I think butterfly is 1st then me omgosh only 7wks to go, counting down the days now I just want her here and safe!! I still have a few things left to do for her like wash the Moses basket and bouncer covers, I'm also looking in to cloth nappies :) I've packed my just incase hospital bag and washed all her clothes, her nursery is decorated just need miss willow now!

Today is ds1 5th birthday ( sob sob ) he asked for a teenage mutant ninja turtle cake so I made him one thought I'd share with u ladies....

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM
That cake is INCREDIBLE!!!! You are very talented hbp. Hope your ds has a fantastic birthday. With a cake like that I don't see how he couldn't!!!

Rosie85
January 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Fantastic cake hbp! Wow!

The car accident was minor, no hospital visit required. I didn't even get whiplash :-) so all is good! I won't have a van for a long while but it could have been worse, that is for sure.

Tiffani3
January 14th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Glad your ok Rosie
That cake looks amazing hbp happy birthday to your little man xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Rosie, I'm so glad your ok. I missed the post about your car accident. I think hbp should bake you a cake...lol.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Hi Tiffani!!! I miss my due date friends. Hope you are all doing well.

And Spinning, I think of you often and hope you are doing well.

Has anyone heard from NC? I'm missing her too!!!

homebirthing princess
January 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Thanks ladies :) seeing his little face light up made all the hours it took to make worth it!!

Glad your ok Rosie, if I lived closer I'd definitely make u cake lol xx

Tiffani3
January 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Hi Tiffani!!! I miss my due date friends. Hope you are all doing well.

And Spinning, I think of you often and hope you are doing well.

Has anyone heard from NC? I'm missing her too!!!

Hi sweetie I miss everyone too don't think nc or spinning has been on here for awhile I hope there both doing ok.
How are you doing? Xx

TT_3814
January 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Awesome cake, HBP!!! :D I'll bet your 5 year old was delighted. Move over, cake boss! ;)

Rosie~ Glad you're okay! xxx

Hope NC is doing alright and much :HH: to Spinning. x

Rosie85
January 14th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thanks for thinking of me ladies!

Haha cake makes everything better right?! I was thinking of making one later actually :-) if I do I will pretend its from you hpb!

I miss the ladies that haven't been on lately too! Come back!

coocoobananas
January 14th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I think I'm first!! Well I better be, although I'm not te technically in these due dates lol!!
I haven't posted in so long but kept peeking in! Getting excited to meet my little guy and just get him out! Done. Finished. Cannot take much more!!!;)

Bimby
January 14th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Oh my Coocoo!! Only 17 days!! Probably seems like an eternity to you right now but gosh that is close!! How exciting :) I feel like the time is drraaaaaaaaaaaaagging right now, does it pass by quickly coocoo or did you find it drag aswell?? My DS2 was quick but this one feels like it's forever away!

That cake you made was amazing HBP!!! So talented.

coocoobananas
January 14th, 2013, 10:02 PM
It has and it hasn't?!? Iykwim!! But really, I can't believe the time is here already!!! I am really uncomfortable tonight like my stomach is too heavy for my c/s scar cause it aches!!! Trying not to get my hopes up that it means something!!!
17 days... Huh, that seems even sooner than I thought!!

Rosie85
January 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
I get those feelings around my c section scar too Coocoo, it drives me crazy. It always gets bad before delivery! Well I shouldn't say always haha but the one time I had a pregnancy after having a c section it did. I can't believe you are almost done! Eeeeeeeeek!

Winngrin
January 15th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Hi ladies! Just checking in on everyone. Thinking of y'all even though I'm not able to get online much.
Coocoo I can't believe how close you are, so exciting!!!

luckylass
January 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hi everyone, haven't been on in a while things are mad here. We are in the process of finishing our new house and are living with family at the moment so don't have much time online. Won't be in the house until after the baby arrives but sure I can still do her nursery in a few weeks when I have the boys rooms done.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Coco I can't believe you only have just over 2 weeks to go. Lucky you. Did you go early on your other pregnancies?

HBP that cake is amazing, my ds1 would absolutely love to get his hands on that. He loves the turtles.

Winngrin and Rosie how are you both? Hope you are keeping well.

Bimby fingers crossed the weeks start to fly in for you.

I have a trapped nerve in my left leg from whatever way baby is lying and it is killing me most of the time. After the big bleed I had at 16 weeks I was not allowed to drive under doctors orders for months and now that I was given the all clear again I can't because of the trapped nerve. Typical. It feels like a really long pregnancy but at the same time I will put up with anything once my baby arrives healthy and happy.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 15th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Winngrin, how is your four legged lady adjusting to her new family? Coocoo I still can't believe you are due in 2.5 weeks!!! And you absolutely belong in this due date thread. February is close to March...lol.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 15th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Tiffani I'm doing pretty good. Thanks for asking. Trying to do a little bit here and there for this guys arrival. I don't want to be stuck in the middle of April with nothing done. Slow and steady like a turtle. hahaha

Wishing4Pink
January 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Glad your ok after your accident Rosie.

HBP, your a talented lady. My ds2 would love that, do you have a website for you cakes or it is word of mouth? I make nappy cakes and decided to keep one of the pink ones made up for myself lol x

homebirthing princess
January 15th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Ooh sounds painful hun, hope it gets better soon! Xxx

homebirthing princess
January 15th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Glad your ok after your accident Rosie.

HBP, your a talented lady. My ds2 would love that, do you have a website for you cakes or it is word of mouth? I make nappy cakes and decided to keep one of the pink ones made up for myself lol x

Thank you :) I have a Facebook page, but other then that its word of mouth really, I've had to cut back doing them through this pregnancy as in the beginning I was so sick and now I'm to bloody tired to make them as I have to wait until the boys are in bed b4 I can do anything! Aww I love nappy cakes bet their fun to make :) do u have a website? Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM
I was hoping to get your opinion on some nursery bedding. I can't seem to get the photos on here so if it's not too much trouble could you guys go on to babybedding.com. Once your there go under boy bedding and look at the Blue and Green Giddy Dot Crib Bedding, the Navy Citron Zig Zag and the Navy Waves. Could you give me your opinion. Sorry to be such a pain in the a$$!!! I could really use you guys. So undecided.

Bimby
January 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Hmmm just had a look and for me I like the waves one the best but that is only my opinion, I dont know what your nursery looks like :) So hard to decide hey, I tried looking online for decor for the babies room and I just got so tired and confused so I gave up lol Guess I'll have to do it eventually lol Good Luck :)

Rosie85
January 15th, 2013, 08:24 PM
I don't even buy bedding and such, I get a few sheets and then just use snuggle blankies only. No bumpers or quilts. I'm lazy and cheap in that sense!

Cinss
January 15th, 2013, 10:13 PM
Out of those 3 i liked the Navy and Citron the best.

TT_3814
January 16th, 2013, 12:31 AM
I like the Navy waves. :)

Lassie1982
January 16th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Out of the 3 you mentioned navy waves :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 16th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Thanks for taking the time to look ladies. I really appreciate your feedback!!!

Tiffani3
January 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I like the navy and citron. Xx

luckylass
January 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I looked at them all and they are lovely but for me in order of preference it would be:

1) Navy Waves.
2) Blue and Green Giddy Dot Crib Bedding.
3)Navy Citron Zig Zag.

I have never seen it before but absolutely love that website and could do some serious damage to the credit card on there. Typical though they don't ship to Ireland. DH will be delighted lol....

Winngrin
January 17th, 2013, 12:28 AM
I like the giddy dots best!

Rosie85
January 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Ladies how long are babies the size of eggplants? I am sick of my siggy! It's been eggplant for a few weeks! Haha

Rosie85
January 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
I have my gestational diabetes test tomorrow, yuck. I can't recall though if I am suppose to fast before or not?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
You do not have to fast before. But once you start drinking that drink, you can't have anything else. Not even ice ****s in the drink. I had a doc appt last night and they said all of this to me, that's why it's still fresh on my mind...lol.

mrshonyez
January 17th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I just did mine yesterday. My Dr said I didn't have to fast, but not to go and eat a candy bar or anything like that right before. I always choose to fast though (although I had a piece of gum!) I also had my cervix checked and so far, all is well. Slightly open on the outside, which is normal for subsequent pregnancies, and still long but slightly soft. That was a relief after having lost parts of my mucus plug!

Rosie85
January 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Oh good thanks ladies! I will just eat some toast or something. My appt isn't until late afternoon so I can't not eat something!

suregena
January 17th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I don't get cervix examinations or have to do the drink over here. So weird... (I'm thankful for it...)

Rosie85
January 17th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I get at least 4 cervix checks before due date. I remember last time I was 3 cm at 32 or 34 weeks but I only went 4 days early so not sure of the point of the checks...

suregena
January 17th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Yikes. No thank youuuu. The only time I got a check was when I was in labor and they needed to see if I should go home or not.

mrshonyez
January 17th, 2013, 07:12 PM
Oh dang Rosie, mine was at 9 something and I was starving already lol. I couldn't do an afternoon one! And here they usually start cervix checks at 36/37 weeks if you want them, but since I was losing my plug (that just sounds so gross lol), she wanted to make sure I wasn't dilating already.

Bimby
January 17th, 2013, 08:00 PM
My doc doesn't do checks unless you want her to. I had one with Ds1 but only because I asked. This time I'm asking from 37 weeks as we're trying to determine cs date as I'm worried about laboring early and rupture as I Ds2 was 8 days early, thank goodness as he was a whopper lol

mummypink
January 18th, 2013, 03:49 PM
We don't get any cervical checks or gestational diabetes checks here unless there is cause for concern. Must admit I'm relieved at that for the cervical checks lol!

mummypink
January 18th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Had my midwife appointment yesterday and everything is looking good, bump wise I'm pretty much spot on the same line that I've been following throughout and so far I've put on about 4.5kg which isn't too bad.

My bump seriously looks like I have swallowed a watermelon though, it is rock solid and all out front. I'm not totally sure which way round the baby is but the midwife thinks he is head down so fingers crossed.

I should be getting a scan appointment through for the middle of Feb when I will be 32 weeks to check his position and do some more measurements etc. I'm really looking forward to that, hoping everything is ok and just glad I get to confirm the gender again before he arrives as I know a part of me keeps wondering if they have got it wrong. I seem to hear everyone's stories at the moment about someone they know who were told a girl or a boy and it ended up being the opposite when they were born!
Plus ds2 keeps telling me I've got two babies in my tummy so it will be reassuring to double check there is def only one lol! ;)

How is everyone else doing? Are you all managing to sleep ok at night?
I'm really struggling to get comfy, and totally ready for the Spring now and lighter mornings. It is getting so hard to get out of bed in the morning when it is so dark and cold. Super glad we are having an April baby this time! xx

TT_3814
January 18th, 2013, 04:36 PM
'Morning sickness' has made a comeback so my peri arranged for an alternative to the glucola, I hope I'm able to keep it down a little easier. I was told to fast..

Sleep can be hit or miss, but otherwise I'm thrilled to almost be in the third trimester! :D Can't wait for Spring either, I'm over this cold weather already.

suregena
January 18th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Had my anatomy scan today -- everything was measuring spot on though the tummy was a little bigger (but still within range - must have been all that American food I ate for a month...)... oh, and it's still a girl. I was nervous about that! My bladder was so full that she was sort of scrunched up - woops, sorry baby!

suregena
January 18th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Alexander Tsiaras: The Beautiful and Efficient Anatomy of Pregnancy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexander-tsiaras/pregnancy-anatomy_b_2499945.html)

Very cool.

mrshonyez
January 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I've been having trouble sleeping, partly because that's when this LO decides its time to wake up, and partly because I've been fighting cold symptoms since the middle of December :/ I can't wait to be able to sleep again!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 19th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Not to feed anybody's worry, but a good friend of mine just had a baby 3 weeks ago. She already has a dd, and was told she was having a boy this time. She's had 2 u/s her whole pregnancy, and out popped another little girl. I've only heard stories of someone who knows someone who had a gender mistake. This is the first person I know very well that had this experience.

jark22
January 19th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Not to feed anybody's worry, but a good friend of mine just had a baby 3 weeks ago. She already has a dd, and was told she was having a boy this time. She's had 2 u/s her whole pregnancy, and out popped another little girl. I've only heard stories of someone who knows someone who had a gender mistake. This is the first person I know very well that had this experience.

2 years ago, a woman I work with was told she was having another girl. This was confirmed over 2 ultrasounds. She MADE all of the bedding for her new baby girl. She actually gave birth to a boy- who had to go home to a very purple room LOL!

mummypink
January 19th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Alexander Tsiaras: The Beautiful and Efficient Anatomy of Pregnancy (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/alexander-tsiaras/pregnancy-anatomy_b_2499945.html)

Very cool.

Wow that really is cool! Just amazing! :)

mummypink
January 19th, 2013, 08:51 AM
Wow Threemen, I've heard more stories about girls actually being boys but not heard so many about boys actually being girls.
Did she get some good gender shots from her scans do you know?

I've pretty much got my head around this one being a boy and I know from my u/s that it is at least 99% certain it is a boy but people keep on saying to me 'oh you never know!, Techs have got it wrong from that hospital before!'. I just wish I had a potty shot as the tech never looked at the potty area at all, she just took the gender from the profile shot and I don't know if that is more or less reliable?
I'm sure though even if the labia were badly swollen they wouldn't stick out as far as they do on my scan pics.

Will be interesting to see if any of us have opposites when it comes to D day - fingers firmly crossed that it isn't anyone that has been told their DG who gets an opposite. xxx

mummypink
January 19th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I've been having trouble sleeping, partly because that's when this LO decides its time to wake up, and partly because I've been fighting cold symptoms since the middle of December :/ I can't wait to be able to sleep again!

I know I am hoping and praying this lo is a good baby and sleeps well for me so I can catch up - think I may be kidding myself though lol!! ;)

I've got a horrid sore throat at the moment which isn't helping either.

Butterfly Spirit
January 19th, 2013, 09:02 AM

Very cool.

Thanks for sharing! :)
wOw.. I won't experience this miracle again. I can't believe I am done, and that makes me very sad! If we only all had a ton of money and could keep going if we really wanted to!

suregena
January 19th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Wow Threemen, I've heard more stories about girls actually being boys but not heard so many about boys actually being girls.
Did she get some good gender shots from her scans do you know?

I've pretty much got my head around this one being a boy and I know from my u/s that it is at least 99% certain it is a boy but people keep on saying to me 'oh you never know!, Techs have got it wrong from that hospital before!'. I just wish I had a potty shot as the tech never looked at the potty area at all, she just took the gender from the profile shot and I don't know if that is more or less reliable?
I'm sure though even if the labia were badly swollen they wouldn't stick out as far as they do on my scan pics.

Will be interesting to see if any of us have opposites when it comes to D day - fingers firmly crossed that it isn't anyone that has been told their DG who gets an opposite. xxx

I was totally nervous for my anatomy scan for that reason... but still a girl in there... er, supposedly! After a paid for private scan and a girl confirmed on my NHS scan yesterday, I would hope from two sources they got it right! I remember being nervous with my son, though, too. Not because of not being happy with the other sex, but mainly when you "know" you start to fixate and picture that person in your head!

Brandles
January 19th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I'd like to think the gender mistakes don't happen as often as they do. But I have a friend I used to work with and he was told they were having a boy with their first AND second DD. They were a little bit more prepared the second time they had a girl. His wife kept saying there's no way this is a boy, I know it's another girl. Then baby number 3 was really a boy and they were in total denial for a while.

My little "girl" (I hope!!) still isn't moving around as much as I remember my boys. There are days I have to run and get the Doppler to make sure I get a hb. I'm trying not to be such a hypochondriac, but its hard not to worry. Funny thing is when I listen to her hb sometimes she'll finally start moving. Little stinker!!

mummypink
January 19th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Yep I wouldn't worry Brandles, I think it is highly unlikely any of us have been told the wrong gender. Particularly as lots of people have had several scans and even 3d scans.

The movement I get this time is often weird, I've put it down to having an anterior placenta as I go from hardly anything to suddenly loads and it feels more like a ripple or something with kicks here and there. With my first two I can remember it was pretty easy to tell which were kicks and which were punches but I can't really tell the difference this time.

mrshonyez
January 19th, 2013, 01:43 PM
I know I am hoping and praying this lo is a good baby and sleeps well for me so I can catch up - think I may be kidding myself though lol!! ;)

I've got a horrid sore throat at the moment which isn't helping either.

Lol we can only hope they'll be good sleepers ;) hope you feel better soon!

I doubt that I would end up with an opposite, but like I've said before, I think I would feel really weird about it at first since like Suregena said, I've already pictured who HE will be. But for some reason, I still have a strange feeling. I don't know what it is. I'm not sure if its because I really thought it was a girl, or maybe because I had a boy name picked that hubby agreed to until the day we found out, but I just can't give him a name yet. I know what I would like to use, but I cannot bring myself to call him anything but 'the baby'. I feel like I really have no GD now, so I'm not sure what's holding me back! It's just a strange feeling I have...

homebirthing princess
January 19th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Omg now I'm even more freaked out, I've had two scans confirming girl but as much as I've prepared for 'her' I just can't beleive she will come out a girl....iam so worried was even thinking of another scan I can't imagine how I would feel if she turned out to be a he :(

mrshonyez
January 19th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I'm sure you have nothing to worry about, homebirthing! Wow, you are due so soon!!!

Lassie1982
January 20th, 2013, 01:06 AM

Wow......I've 'heard' these stories, but have never actually known someone in real life.
I always thought that that boys can be mistaken for girls, but not girls mistaken for boys.
I've seen ultrasounds labeled 'boy' that turn out to be a girl, but never the other way round

Does anyone know what it actually is that would cause the error? Is it when there is an anatomical error? Or is it because swollen labia and clitoris can look like penis and scrotum?

zebaniee
January 20th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I know I lady I work with was told she was having a daughter, went out and bought all pink clothes etc. Out came a boy.

Lassie1982
January 20th, 2013, 02:07 AM
Need some TMI help please.

I'm very constipated, I haven't been able to go for 5 days now :(
I've been fairly constipated for a while now, I can only go every 3 days.
I've tried all the usuals, high fibre, prunes, nothing helps. When I do finally manage to go its painful :(
I've stopped the vitamins as well because I thought it may be the iron, but that's not been any help either.

Today I even went to the pharmacy for enama, and that did nothing either.

Should I see a dr? Could this cause any problems? Or should I just wait till my body is ready?

Violet_
January 20th, 2013, 02:11 AM
A huge one hun is cutting back dairy. Reduce heavily or completely eliminate (sorry for the pun). Try eating some pureed fruit and veggies. When my toddler gets a bit constipated I mash pumpkin or apple or banana and feed him and he comes right. Also try lots of water and even water or dilute your juices, or other drinks you consume. Hope this helps.

Rosie85
January 20th, 2013, 02:12 AM
I have gone 5 days as well. I just try to at something to upset my bowels a bit, haha. I am currently in the 3 day boat and my tailbone issues always hurt worse because of it. It's normal for sure and I tend not to worry. If it goes more than a week I would call a doc though or if you become extremely uncomfortable before then.

Cinss
January 20th, 2013, 02:45 AM
Lassie this page has some great tips, Relief For Constipation In Pregancy (http://www.homebirthwithlove.com/id61.html) i am in the same boat unfortunatly, its funny but not but i did a big one a few weeks back where i am sure i tore something inside and it was bleeding, now everytime i go it hurts so much, i dont really want to tell my doc, its embarrassing im just dealing with it :(

Lassie1982
January 20th, 2013, 04:22 AM
I do love my dairy violet, so i will cut it out. I've been having lower back pains as well (I normally don't) hadn't linked it to the constipation, maybe that explains it.

Cinns that sounds ouch :( I know what you mean about being embarrassed, when I went to the pharmacy today I was kinda whispering to the pharmacist, and look down in shame, and then he walks me over to the medications and gives me the enama, talking loudly, being ever so helpful and giving me instructions, asking me very specific questions, and then hands me some other tablets to take daily, being very descriptive with what the tablets do. There he was talking about anus, bowels, stools, straining and haemorrhoids, like other people would talk about their dinner plans, whilst I'm stood there red faced and wishing the ground would swallow me up whole :(

Tiffani3
January 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Poor you lassie the joys of pregnancy!
Have you tried boiled water with brown sugar it works wonders when my boys have been constipated. Xx

Bimby
January 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Oh Lassie I totally feel for you :( I had it baaad with DS1 & DS2 - both of them I was having to take iron for but this baby Im not having to take iron and Im ok in the poopies department so far (touch wood) I had to resort to an enema for DS2 as I was frightened I was going to push him out with my next poo lol I really dont know what works, nothing really did for me unfortunately :( I hope the no dairy helps, I didnt try that one.

Im scared of the whole wrong gender thing. Ive only had the 12 week and then the anatomy where they said girl (my Ob has had a look on her scan too but her ultrasound machine isnt as good as the other place) I also only had the profile shot as the confirmation shot of a girl but rummaged through my dvd to find the potty shots which I believe look pink. I will get my Ob to check again before my due date I'm sure lol

mummypink
January 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
You have my sympathies Lassie, I've had it on and off too. I've found making sure I'm drinking plenty helps along with increasing fresh fruit, I've been told bananas can make it worse but can't remember why! Dates worked quite well with me too.

I used to use malt extract with the boys when they were babies, adding about a quarter tspn to their warm milk and that worked really well. Not tried it myself yet though.

If you don't get anywhere in the next day or so I would go to your GP, they should be able to give you something that helps.

Bimby - I'm sure you've got your little daughter in there try not to worry. I've pretty much accepted that I'm def having a boy this time its just other people that keep saying to me 'Oh they make mistakes you know'! and 'Didn't you see a potty shot, of well it def could be a girl!'. Doing my head in tbh!! I know there is always a tiny chance that the u/s is wrong, the picture got distorted or it was something else in the way etc etc but I think these days the chances are so tiny that it is pretty definite that what the tech says is right.

Do you get any more scans before you're due? x

mummypink
January 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Lol we can only hope they'll be good sleepers ;) hope you feel better soon!

I doubt that I would end up with an opposite, but like I've said before, I think I would feel really weird about it at first since like Suregena said, I've already pictured who HE will be. But for some reason, I still have a strange feeling. I don't know what it is. I'm not sure if its because I really thought it was a girl, or maybe because I had a boy name picked that hubby agreed to until the day we found out, but I just can't give him a name yet. I know what I would like to use, but I cannot bring myself to call him anything but 'the baby'. I feel like I really have no GD now, so I'm not sure what's holding me back! It's just a strange feeling I have...

I'm the same, we have a name picked out for him but I feel really odd using it when talking about "the bump" and I don't know why. He just gets referred to as "the baby" and my ds2 still keeps insisting it is a girl!! I think for me it is probably just getting my head around it, I always imagined I would have two boys and a girl and I think when we were ttc as I was swaying and saw the odds of having 3 of the same gender were less likely than having a mixture I probably convinced myself more than I realised that this one would be a girl.

Butterfly Spirit
January 20th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Need some TMI help please.

I'm very constipated, I haven't been able to go for 5 days now :(
I've been fairly constipated for a while now, I can only go every 3 days.
I've tried all the usuals, high fibre, prunes, nothing helps. When I do finally manage to go its painful :(
I've stopped the vitamins as well because I thought it may be the iron, but that's not been any help either.

Today I even went to the pharmacy for enama, and that did nothing either.

Should I see a dr? Could this cause any problems? Or should I just wait till my body is ready?

Have you tried prune juice? That worked for me everytime.. stuff is so nasty but it works.. and then there is milk of magnesia you could ask your doc about too..

I hope you get relief soon! Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 20th, 2013, 02:45 PM
I swear by blueberries. My pediatrician told me to give them to the kids when they have trouble going. I too am constipated often, and eat them to help me.

suregena
January 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Eating dehydrated apples makes me REALLY go... haha...

Lassie1982
January 20th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Thanks for all those suggestions girls.
They are all on my shopping list :)

mrshonyez
January 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I'm sure that's the same reason for me, mummypink!
Oh gosh, I tried taking milk of magnesia a couple of months ago, and almost threw up. I couldn't handle the taste in my mouth, so most of it got spit down the drain lol. I've had issues with constipation too. I've found that drinking like twice as much water as usual helped me a lot. I, too, had one that was so big and painful in my first pregnancy that I seriously thought I ripped something. I can still remember it to this day, and I was sitting in the bathroom crying the whole time. It was awful. I hope you feel better soon!

jark22
January 20th, 2013, 06:02 PM
I'm the same, we have a name picked out for him but I feel really odd using it when talking about "the bump" and I don't know why. He just gets referred to as "the baby" and my ds2 still keeps insisting it is a girl!! I think for me it is probably just getting my head around it, I always imagined I would have two boys and a girl and I think when we were ttc as I was swaying and saw the odds of having 3 of the same gender were less likely than having a mixture I probably convinced myself more than I realised that this one would be a girl.

My DS2 keeps saying it's a girl too. Even though he's soooo happy it's a boy. He's 3 though....so I'm not analyzing what he says. We have a name picked out too- but I never ever call my babies by their name until they are born. I just feel weird. Not superstitious, just weird. So I always refer to them as 'the baby' or whatever silly nickname they have acquired.

I always pictured 2 boys and a girl as well. I never wanted more than 1 girl. And I also looked at the statistics. Now I can't picture this baby being a girl - and I'm just throwing myself into being the best, most awesome freaking boy mom. Ever.

Bimby
January 20th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Bimby - I'm sure you've got your little daughter in there try not to worry. I've pretty much accepted that I'm def having a boy this time its just other people that keep saying to me 'Oh they make mistakes you know'! and 'Didn't you see a potty shot, of well it def could be a girl!'. Doing my head in tbh!! I know there is always a tiny chance that the u/s is wrong, the picture got distorted or it was something else in the way etc etc but I think these days the chances are so tiny that it is pretty definite that what the tech says is right.

Do you get any more scans before you're due? x

My MIL keeps saying stories about wrong gender too, she's doing my head in, she has been really odd this time around and I've had to bite my tongue on many occasions.. She's recently changed her insults from gender to the size of my bump. I am fully aware of how big my bump is but I dont need my MIL telling random strangers about how big I am and how long Ive got to go right in front of me and also talking to her friend on her mobile right next to me about how Ive had a scan and they didnt mention twins so seems to be just one massive one.. (sorry rant over lol)

My Ob has a machine in her office so they will probably be the only ones being done before birth. She did one the other day and she pointed out the lines of a girl so that was good. xx

suregena
January 20th, 2013, 08:10 PM
MIL's... they make everything awkward!

Rosie85
January 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM
My mil makes everything awkward too, she is terrible with that. She is even still fighting about ds1 and his autism, she just refuses to believe it and thinks I make it all up and lied to the docs or something to get the diagnosis! Ugh.

jark22
January 20th, 2013, 08:26 PM
You girls talking about your MILs is making me sad that one day my future DILs will talk the same way about me :(. I hope I won't be crazy.

Lassie1982
January 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
My MIL keeps saying stories about wrong gender too, she's doing my head in, she has been really odd this time around and I've had to bite my tongue on many occasions.. She's recently changed her insults from gender to the size of my bump. I am fully aware of how big my bump is but I dont need my MIL telling random strangers about how big I am and how long Ive got to go right in front of me and also talking to her friend on her mobile right next to me about how Ive had a scan and they didnt mention twins so seems to be just one massive one.. (sorry rant over lol)

My Ob has a machine in her office so they will probably be the only ones being done before birth. She did one the other day and she pointed out the lines of a girl so that was good. xx

Oh ignore her stories! Back in her day, yes there probably was a lot of 'mistaken genders'
And hey, it happens these days as well, but seriously take a look at all the ultrasound shot which have been incorrectly guessed, most of them are unclear, small, and very ambiguous, I've seen your shots and they are clear as day, focused, and most definitely girl (but I know it's still frustrating to hear stories)

Bimby
January 21st, 2013, 01:11 AM
Oh Jark, I can assure you my MIL is really odd and Im sure you are normal and I know your DIL's will love you to pieces!! My friends have some wonderful MIL's that they absolutely adore but there are always a few oddballs. My SIL loves my mum and they have even bought a house close to my mums holiday home to spend holidays with her so there's a positive spin on things xx

Lassie, thanks hun, I know in my heart the scan is right, I just get annoyed at her comments as even though I shouldnt I allow the doubt to creep back in xx

Lassie1982
January 21st, 2013, 01:49 AM
You girls talking about your MILs is making me sad that one day my future DILs will talk the same way about me :(. I hope I won't be crazy.

I'm sure you won't be a crazy MIL!!
They aren't all nuts - mine isn't :)
She's a sweet old lady, tells you the same story 50 times, but is so sweet and full of love.
She is rather traditional and old school, so loves receiving letters, and always tells me how much she looks forward to the 10 page letters I write her every couple of months. It's really just boring stuff about our day to day lives and the animals, the plants, the weather, waffle really - but she says it makes her feel like she is here with us.
She is in the uk, but is already planning her trip to see her latest grandchild, she will be staying for 6-8 weeks, and despite being 78 she is so hands on and helpful, I looking forward to her coming, she is really 'easy' company, and know already that I'll be shedding a tear or two when its time for her to return to the uk.

Lassie1982
January 21st, 2013, 02:16 AM
So this afternoon I have had
- half a punnet of blueberries
- half a packet of dried apples
- 500 ml of prune juice
- a serving of Metamucil
- stool softening tablets
Along with my usual daily serves of fruit, and green leafy veg.
Oh and I've had an EXTRA big long walk, was at it for over and hour and it was 33 degrees here so I certainly felt it.

Wish me luck.

It's starting to feel really horrid, I feel so heavy and full....it's hard to describe :(

Oh and I used another enama and nothing happened - am I like the only person in the world they don't work for?!

Violet_
January 21st, 2013, 02:21 AM
Perhaps try suppositories? I used them once for DS1 when I weaned him from breast to bottle and he got bound up. You just wet them with a little water and slip them right in. Perhaps go to the chemist and ask for some.

mummypink
January 21st, 2013, 04:55 AM
Lassie I have a feeling you will get some toilet action soon after all that lol! If nothing happens in 24hrs I would go and see your GP hun.

On the MIL note mine is a complete pain too, always stirring things, telling lies and coming out with comments that I could do without. Over Christmas she was telling me how adorable my niece (her grand daughter) is, and saying 'oh she just comes out with the sweetest things, girls are just totally different from boys aren't they. No frilly knickers for you though!'. I know I won't turn out like her because I have experienced first hand how horrible it is, so I will do my best to get on well with any DILs I have in the future. It does make me sad though knowing that I will most probably always be a second choice as typically you are always closer to your mum than your mil. xx

suregena
January 21st, 2013, 05:48 AM

Well... if it makes you feel better. My mom is AWESOME. And her daughter in laws/my sister in laws (my two older brother's wives) consider her more mom than their biological moms. :)

So, don't worry!

suregena
January 21st, 2013, 05:53 AM
So this afternoon I have had
- half a punnet of blueberries
- half a packet of dried apples
- 500 ml of prune juice
- a serving of Metamucil
- stool softening tablets
Along with my usual daily serves of fruit, and green leafy veg.
Oh and I've had an EXTRA big long walk, was at it for over and hour and it was 33 degrees here so I certainly felt it.

Wish me luck.

It's starting to feel really horrid, I feel so heavy and full....it's hard to describe :(

Oh and I used another enama and nothing happened - am I like the only person in the world they don't work for?!

If you don't have the most epic poo after that, I don't know what else you could possibly be suggested besides going to the doctor!

The apples alone just make me crazy... they're sooo good but I really have to limit them. I learned the hard way when I ate 150g worth (which is who knows how many actual whole apples... probably a lot, though) and that night my insides were like, "Get ye to toilet stat!"

Bimby
January 21st, 2013, 06:47 AM
My enema seemed to work pretty quick so if you dont have your "epic poo" as suregena says lol then maybe see your GP and perhaps they can suggest a different one to try. I really feel for you though, I was dreading that the most about being pregnant again, thank goodness Im ok this time but I have been there with both boys and it sucks! Maybe hold off on the iron (if you're ok to do so) for a little longer to see if that does help eventually as Im sure that is why Im ok this time xx

Brandles
January 21st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Oh the joys of a mother in law!! Both my sister and I have horrible mother in laws. My mother in law used to make little snarky comments to me about breastfeeding and parenting. My sisters mil purposely leaves her out and caters to the other dil (she only has boys). My mil has two boys and a daughter who will never get married or have kids so you'd think she'd treat her dil's with love, etc. I don't get it sometimes. I will never be like that with my sons wives.

There's tons more to our history, but can you believe I'm "thinking" about allowing my mil in the delivery room? I thought this would be a great opportunity to get closer since her daughter will never have any children and this baby will be her last grandchild and shes never been in the room. My husbands brother didn't even let his mom know when his wife was delivering. they called everyone hours later. I have the best mom in the world and I really don't need my mil, but thought it would be a nice gesture as long as she stays by my head!!!!! Lol!!!

Sorry if I'm rambling, but the topic of my mil strikes a cord with me.

Lassie1982
January 21st, 2013, 02:13 PM
So I've managed to finally go, a little bit, so I'm just gonna have to make do with that for now, I'm keep up the Metamucil and prune juice..
Thanks girls for the advice!

coocoobananas
January 21st, 2013, 03:27 PM
Luckily my mil hardly speaks English and I hardly speak French so other than hearing about how crappy a mom she is from my husband, she's fab;)
Sometimes I'm sad I'm not close to his side as I'm a real family person.. But they have so much drama that I really think I'm better off!!

mummypink
January 21st, 2013, 03:35 PM
Wow Brandles absolutely no way I'd let my mil anywhere near me when I'm labour!! I wouldn't even really want my mum there tbh. Living abroad has its advantages in that respect, I get to rest up in hospital with only hubby and the boys to visit me until I come home and allow visitors. :)

suregena
January 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM
So I've managed to finally go, a little bit, so I'm just gonna have to make do with that for now, I'm keep up the Metamucil and prune juice..

Take a hot bath. Give it time... I'm sure the rest will follow! :)

suregena
January 21st, 2013, 04:31 PM

Take a hot bath. Give it time... I'm sure the rest will follow! :)

suregena
January 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Wow Brandles absolutely no way I'd let my mil anywhere near me when I'm labour!! I wouldn't even really want my mum there tbh. Living abroad has its advantages in that respect, I get to rest up in hospital with only hubby and the boys to visit me until I come home and allow visitors. :)

Seriously... MIL anywhere near me before/during/after, forget about it. That would be horrible. I was kind of feeling awkward about my husband's insistance that she come over to see our son when I was 2 days postpartum. I had my mom there and I was like... that was all that counted to me. Hahaha, I am SO horrible!!!

Cinss
January 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
My MIL lives about 15 mins from us, she didnt come to visit after we had DD, i actually just ran into her at the supermarket when DD was about 3 months old and they met for the first time there. I dont even know if she knows we are expecting again. She couldn't care less.

Rosie85
January 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Wow Cinss, that is ad :-(. I thought mine was bad. They never call or anything. Dhs dad was in the hospital and we didn't even know. I have had mil purposely avoid me and even walk away mid conversation once in a store. They will come see the baby when he is born but they are not excited or happy about it.

Bimby
January 21st, 2013, 07:22 PM
Oh wow these stories are sad :( My MIL is crazy but she is a big part of our lives. She takes our boys out almost every weekend (I dont totally love that idea but it is nice for them to spend time with their Nana) My DH gets angry with her a lot but he loves her a lot too. Brandles I think it is a really sweet gesture, one I was contemplating (albeit very very briefly lol) I guess its totally up to you hun. Im have a C/S this time and I certainly wont be choosing anyone but my DH to be there but good on you for being so kind hearted - I bet your MIL would be thrilled!

I have a question.. Are you guys getting the whooping cough vaccine after baby is here?? Are you asking others around you ie: Nanna's, husbands etc to get it before your due date?? I never contemplated getting it last time but this time I am thinking about it.. My mum is an ambo driver so she is happy to have it if I want her too as she thinks she probably should anyway and my DH is totally fine with it. I said yes to having it after bubs arrives as they do it free in hospital straight after I believe. I know for a fact my sister and her young son (4) wont have it. She is totally vaccine free but it worries me that her and her son will want to visit after baby but they have had no vaccines at all... She'd flip if I mentioned I didnt want her and her son visiitng my baby before the 2 month mark.. What are your thoughts?

Oh and a big happy poo dance for you Lassie :) x

TT_3814
January 21st, 2013, 10:57 PM
Glad you were able to go, Lassie.

I feel for those of you with in law issues. (((hugs))) DH made the decision to cut ties with them. Not for lack of trying to get along but there is only so much you can do in dealing with toxic individuals. I feel bad in a way for my kids but I know we're all better off in the long run.

I didn't know much about the whooping cough vaccine until all the tv commercials started coming on. I've asked my regular OB about them and he said it was up to me when I could receive it. Either right after delivery or come in on my own.. I'm getting it right after the baby is born.

Rosie85
January 21st, 2013, 11:41 PM
I'm getting my vaccine after birth :-)

Bimby
January 22nd, 2013, 12:25 AM
What about asking others to get vax'd or restricting visits from unvax'd?? what are your thougts about that?? I just dont want to force people to do something but at the same time I need to protect my baby so is it rude to not allow my sister to visit because of this??

Rosie85
January 22nd, 2013, 12:52 AM
Mmm well you can't force people to get vax obviously. I will demand my husband does get his but as far as everyone else goes I will still let them visit as long as they are not ill. Whooping cough is becoming more common but it's hard to catch from just a carrier I think. The person would have to be coughing like crazy I would think to get it. My cousin had it and I spent the whole weekend with her and had to be tested but I did not get it.

Bimby
January 22nd, 2013, 01:04 AM
My DH has agreed to get it and so has my mum - my MIL didnt say anything when I mentioned it and of course I could never force people to do something they didnt want to do, it is their body after all and it was something I was still a little uncomfortable about but the worry of catching it scared me more then the vax so that made my decision. I guess I worry more about my nephew being completely unvax'd and being a 4 y/o of course he doesnt have the same concerns about hygiene as an adult. My sister wants him to get natural immunity to all these bugs so wouldnt keep her child away if someone had the measles/mumps/whooping cough etc..I know this as she came and saw my boys with her LO when they caught chicken pox off Dh's shingles so he would get it. I guess my LO could get anything from anywhere but I just am extra worried, Im not sure if it's hormone related or the fact this is our last baby and Im just so scared of anything taking that away from us..

Tiffani3
January 22nd, 2013, 03:15 AM
I'm getting my vaccine next week for whooping cough. They give you it now over here while your pg! X

Cinss
January 22nd, 2013, 04:27 AM
Im not going to get the whooping cough one. My baby wont be exposed to too many visitors after he is born, just the same people DD was and she survived so im not too worried about it. I do vax for the other things though just not the flu.

Balanchine
January 22nd, 2013, 06:09 AM
In the uk they give you it after 28 weeks. I'm getting it around 30 weeks.

Having 2 kids already in school it's easy for them to contract it and pass it on to a new baby. Even though they've been vaccinated the strain which is causing problems can be quite resistant to the vaccine anyway but it will offer some protection.

I'd rather not take the risk.

Bimby
January 22nd, 2013, 08:13 AM
I won't get the normal flu vax but with such devastating issues with newborns and wc I think I'll just get that one x

Tiffani3
January 22nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
Bimby why won't you get the flu one just out of curiosity? I'm booked into have that one done next week too should I refuse to get it? X

mummypink
January 22nd, 2013, 11:02 AM
I've heard of them offering the whopping cough vaccine in the UK but not here so far, tbh I'd need to research it properly before making a decision if it is offered.

When I had ds2 there was all the swine flu scare and I know of two people who had the vaccine while pregnant as recommended by their GP and one had a miscarriage and one has suffered from a problem effective her nervous system ever since. So I'm a bit wary of any vaccines during pregnancy.

I have no problems with all the standard jabs but things like the flu vaccines etc I don't really see as necessary unless you are elderly or have other health issues. x

Butterfly Spirit
January 22nd, 2013, 11:09 AM
I saw my doc yesterday and he was still pushing me to get the flu vaccine! It was SO annoying.. it's like.. leave me the hell alone, it's my body and my pregnancy!
I even decided not to mess with the GD test this time or get the rogam shot (Don't need it anyway due to blood types even though in the past I always got it)

We compromised..
He had me prick my finger to check my iron and my blood sugar anyway.. I was fine.

It's just SUPER annoying when they try to push you into doing something you aren't sure about or flat out don't want to do. I'm learning to be more assertive, but politely. :)
Go with your gut, that's what I say!

My local news has a story on the FLU like daily, and they are trying to scare people into getting vaccinated.. and that's more motivation for me to just keep sanitizing all the way around the shopping cart or our table and chairs and surrounding ours at a restaurant that has kept us well better than any shot! :)

When I got the shot in the past, and DH got the shot in the past we got really sick, and it was during pregnancy with DS#2. I won't go there again. It just all comes down to personal beliefs too.
I wouldn't get the whooping cough one either. If anyone you know is sick, just stay away from them and advise them to stay home from work and take care of themselves. And sanitize yourself and kids.. when you think it's needed! It works! :D

Another thing.. if someone sneezes or coughs in front of you.. don't walk through it.. and even hold your breath when you have to if you know germs could be in the air.

But anyway, I hope all you ladies can make the right decisions that make you feel good. It is your pregnancy and you don't have to listen to anyone about what THEY think is best!

mummypink
January 22nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
What a pain he keeps pestering you about it!

With the wc one both my boys are already vaccinated as they get it age 2 over here along with diphtheria and tetanus, and hubby and I both had it as our standard childhood vaccinations too.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
Could you ladies look at a pic I posted of a friend's 12 week u/s. Thank you!!! Hope all is well.

homebirthing princess
January 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
I've refused the flu vax and the wc vax I just really feel funny about this kind of thing when I'm pregnant , I have always refused when preg with ds2 there was the swine flu scare here aswel but I stuck to my guns and I was fine, I've heard of ppl having the jabs and then miscarried (possibly not linked I just don't wanna take the risk) but I'm not saying I think ppl who do vax are wrong its just my personal beliefs (im not a hippie either haha) at the end of the day your dammed if u do dammed if u don't....my boys have both been vaccinated for wc and so have me and dh, I will keep away from baby groups until she gets her jabs at 3mths and just make sure as butterfly said everyone keeps up with good hygiene :)

luckylass
January 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
It is so hard to know what to do. I know when I was pregnant with ds1 who was due in January 2010 I got pushed a lot to have the swine flu vaccine. I refused and was given a very hard time but you had to sign a waiver at the time and it has been since found to have side effects so I still stand by that decision.

Here the list of vaccines that the children get here between between birth and 13 months. Both of mine have had them and most people do here:

At Birth - BCG - Bacille Calmette-Guerin (TB) vaccine

At 2 months - 6 in 1 - Diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), Hepatitis B,
Pertussis (Whooping cough), Polio and Tetanus vaccine and
PCV Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine

At 4 months - 6 in 1 -Diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), Hepatitis B,
Pertussis (Whooping cough), Polio and Tetanus vaccine and
Men C Meningococcal C vaccine

At 6 months - 6 in 1 - Diphtheria, Haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), Hepatitis B,
Pertussis (Whooping cough), Polio and Tetanus vaccine,
Men C Meningococcal C vaccine and PCV
Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine

At 12 months - MMR Measles, Mumps, Rubella vaccine and PCV

At 13 months - Men C and Hib Haemophilus influenzae B vaccine

I think because these are the standard vaccines here I never really though much about the baby being infected but if people were not vaccinated I probably would.

TT_3814
January 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
I do that when someone sneezes/coughs when we're out, I hold my breath and cover my mouth and nose with a scarf, my shirt, ect.

Other than DH and the kids, I would ask if they are planning to get the shot but that's all I can do. My family is usually reasonable about illness and up front about it if they're sick.

jark22
January 22nd, 2013, 05:06 PM
Here is the packaging leaflet for the WC vaccine if anyone is interested. Definitely talk to your doctor- because it says right on here that it is not recommended during pregnancy.

http://www.medicines.org.uk/emcmobile/File/PdfPil?fileName=PIL.17377.8.pdf&documentId=17377

I won't be getting the flu vaccine or the one for WC. The baby will be getting his vax at 2-3 months old- which will be in the middle of the summer.

Bimby
January 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
I got the flu vax once after DS1 was born as I felt pushed by the Dr - never had the flu vax before and that year was the worst for me so I decided from then on Id never get the flu vax again (I was super pi**ed that I let her talk me into it as Id gone in with a clear view of not getting it) My kids wont get it either unless there was a really good reason to - I think it's mainly for the elderly and people with compromised immunity). The WC vax isnt given during pregnancy here, they give it to you after birth. They say you lose the immunity to the vaccine as you get older and that is why they are encouraging parents and grandparents to get reimmunized. I was hoping you could just get a blood test to test your immunity but that appears "too hard" I could trust my friends to not visit if they were sick but I dont know about my sister or MIL... My sister would probably think it would be good for my baby to be exposed to germs and my MIL would think of herself and her needs to see her grandaughter before thinking about the fact that she might be sick (I hope Im wrong of course!) I think I have become super paranoid this time, I never worried with my others so I dont know why I am now..

homebirthing princess
January 23rd, 2013, 09:17 AM
Ladies just bk from my midwife app, I'm abit worried apparently I'm measuring 39wks when I'm only 34 omg I'm scared this means baby is going to be huge! The midwife wasn't concerned just said if when I go in 2 wks time I'm measuring bigger then I have to have the gtt, has anyone else ever experienced this? If so how big were your babies? Xx

jark22
January 23rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Ladies just bk from my midwife app, I'm abit worried apparently I'm measuring 39wks when I'm only 34 omg I'm scared this means baby is going to be huge! The midwife wasn't concerned just said if when I go in 2 wks time I'm measuring bigger then I have to have the gtt, has anyone else ever experienced this? If so how big were your babies? Xx

I know I measured bigger with my second- but I can't remember how many weeks bigger..... He was born a day shy of 39 weeks and he was 9 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches. If he had been born on his due date, he would have been at least 10 lbs - and I did not have GD.

Why don't they just do an ultrasound to get a size measurement and to check your fluid?

homebirthing princess
January 23rd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Omg jark both my boys were 7.5lbs I can't have a 10pounder :omg:
They won't scan me as its the NHS so basically they don't wanna spend money..... Surely if it was GD I'd have symptoms but I'm perfectly fine xx

Tiffani3
January 23rd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Maybe you have a lot of fluid hun I wouldn't worry They measure the size of your uterus don't they not actually the baby??
I've always measured to the week but on my last visit to the midwife I was measuring a week behind, my boys were 8pound 3oz, 8pound 4oz and 8pound 7oz. So not sure if the measurements have anything to do with the size of your baby as they told me with ds1 he would be 7 pounds ish.
Xx

homebirthing princess
January 23rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
I was thinking maybe its fluid, I just wonder sometimes because when I had my 3d scan she measured 1wk ahead then, I just feel so heavy and uncomfortable like I'm,about to pop its horrible! Midwife said she's still head down but facing out not a great position for birth and apparently I also have a hernia x

suregena
January 23rd, 2013, 10:55 AM

Ahhhh, I'm worried about this, too. This girl is measuring so ahead of when I was pregnant with my boy... I was researching if it meant she was going to be massive (because I want to have a homebirth... and I'm 5ft, so even though technically 9lbs is normal, that number intimidates me when my son was only 6lbs, 12 oz) and during the anatomy scan, her stomach measurements was like 2 weeks ahead! Length was right on for gestation and head a little more. I was looking online today to see if I can slow it down... haha. I have been eating a LOT of sugar this pregnancy. I didn't eat nearly as much with my son... at all... but it's all I've been craving. Sugar sugar sugar sugar, so I bet that might be part of it. So I told myself I was going to stop eating sugar and start shifting to more whole foods the remainder of the pregnancy...

...then I got home 30 minutes ago and saw leftover birthday sponge the childminder made my son (his 3rd birthday was yesterday but we were both working so no celebrating...) and I ate almost all of it... there was like a big wedge.

Crap, I'm doomed! DOOMED!! I have a tape measurer and I'm going to measure my bump tonight (it hasn't been measured yet... I don't see the midwife until 28 weeks, though I'm worried I'm getting mild SPD symptoms so may call if they don't ease up. I'm hoping it's just from walking around in all this snow after not walking as much while over in the US.)

suregena
January 23rd, 2013, 11:00 AM
And my bump at 18 weeks this pregnancy looked like it did at 22 weeks my first pregnancy. :(

suregena
January 23rd, 2013, 11:04 AM

That's me at 32 weeks with my son.

I SWEAR I look like that now... at 22 weeks! OMG! :(

Tiffani3
January 23rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
I was thinking maybe its fluid, I just wonder sometimes because when I had my 3d scan she measured 1wk ahead then, I just feel so heavy and uncomfortable like I'm,about to pop its horrible! Midwife said she's still head down but facing out not a great position for birth and apparently I also have a hernia x

Me too sweetie i feel so big I've put on so much weight it's unreal.
My ds3 was back to back I didn't think it was anymore painful than my other two?!
A hernia are they going to do anything about it? Will it interfere with your birth etc? Xx

ynwa
January 23rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
I had my gtt last Monday and all is fine,at midwife last tue I was 27 + 5 but measured 30 weeks,going back a week on tue and if I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead I need to have a growth scan,also on 21 week scan all measurements on baby all came out bigger than 21 weeks,argh worried now:.(

Tiffani3
January 23rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Suregena I've been eating loads of sugary things too its so hard not to when that's all you fancy. But hay I am getting to the point when I don't really care it's the only time when your "aloud"
to be fat lol x x

mummypink
January 23rd, 2013, 11:32 AM
I was told with ds2 he was going to be a big baby and that was from an ultrasound at 32 weeks. Scared the heck out of me as ds1 had only been about 7lb 4, ds2 was 10 days early and weighed just 7lb!
You may just have a lot of fluid so don't worry too much, the way I look at it as long as baby is healthy then you won't know the weight until after you've delivered so no point in stressing about it now. ;)

I've actually put on less this time than either of my previous pregnancies although my bump is measuring pretty much the same as it was with them at this stage. I think it is just because I was at my lightest pre pregnancy weight this time, and I was off food for longer at the start so I didn't gain as much. I still don't have much of an appetite now and struggle to eat normal size meals without feeling really uncomfortably full.

I also really don't want to have tons of weight to lose after the baby arrives, I felt so good about myself after I lost the weight on the LE diet so I really want to be back in my jeans and feeling like a yummy mummy again asap. I think it is maybe part of me dealing with not having a girl as I want to be able to wear nice things and be all girly again myself without feeling huge once the baby has been born. xx

homebirthing princess
January 23rd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Suregena, I want a homebirth obviously too so what my worry is say I measure ahead nxt time and I have gtt but all is fine, I will go on to have homebirth and end up with a big baby causing me problems in delivery....basically I wish they would just scan me instead cos if they told me she is going to be big I'd opt to give birth in the birthing unit attached to hospital just incase problems arise iykwim? I'm like u craving sugar but I weigh less then i did with boys and I'm healthier as I walk everywhere now unlike b4, I had bad spd with both boys but hardly anything this time my only real complaint is the terrible morning sickness I had!! I'm sure u will be fine hun but its such a worry, I know the NHS is fab but at times I really wish theyd offer more things to us preggers :)

Apparently my hernia won't cause any probs but I may have to have op at some point!

Thanks for all the replies ladies u really are the best xx

homebirthing princess
January 23rd, 2013, 01:11 PM
I had my gtt last Monday and all is fine,at midwife last tue I was 27 + 5 but measured 30 weeks,going back a week on tue and if I am still measuring 2 weeks ahead I need to have a growth scan,also on 21 week scan all measurements on baby all came out bigger than 21 weeks,argh worried now:.(

I'm sure everything will be fine hun, I can't really say much but try not to worry to much, she may just be laying in a funny position making your bump bigger, let us know how you get on though xx

ynwa
January 23rd, 2013, 01:49 PM
I'm sure everything will be fine hun, I can't really say much but try not to worry to much, she may just be laying in a funny position making your bump bigger, let us know how you get on though xx

Will do thanks,I also have spd and have been given tubigrip to wear,it doesn't help with the pain so I am having to go to physio and will be fitted with a Velcro type belt.the joys Ay:.)

Winngrin
January 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
Checking in and trying to play catch up with this thread. Hope everyone is doing well!

hotdogz&boyz
January 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
Hi ladies. I have been a little MIA lately. But I am glad to see that everyone seems pretty well (minus some pooing issues...so sorry :( )

Nothing happening here. I am in that lull of the second trimester where it all goes slow and nothing much happens. Baby is getting more active, so I guess that is something. She is more active than either of my boys, by a long shot. She also has really noticeable wake/sleep patterns, which is something I never really noticed with the boys.

But anyway, in regards to measuring big...I always measure big. I dunno why. I do have lots of fluid and that probably makes a difference. But I measured about 3 weeks ahead with my first (he was 6lbs, 10oz at birth) and I measured a good 4-5 weeks ahead with my second (he was 8lbs, 4oz just three gestational days later than my first). This baby is not measuring ahead quite yet, but on sonograms she is right on target (my first was only a couple days bigger on sonogram, my second about a week to a week and a half big). So I don't know if I am expecting a big one or not. But I wouldn't worry so much about the external measurements. They don't take placenta position, fluid levels, or baby position into account. It's just a random number. So I bet everything is fine. It does sound like she will be "decent" size (not a peanut), but I don't think I would start panicking about a 10lber quite yet. All of those measurements are so subjective, you can probably find ten people who can refute what the measurements say. Obviously, my second was bigger than my first...but we knew he was genetically bigger (and still is). I WILL say that my 8lber was MUCH easier to deliver than my 6lber, so positioning is a HUGE factor in that regard. I bet your home birth will be smooth as ice cream. All that positioning change and being able to move around and being comfortable in your environment can only help baby get in the best position possible for delivery. So even big, she might be your easiest birth yet!

Rosie85
January 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM
I have been measuring right on track but have been getting the feeling this bub will be smaller than my other two. I am all stomach and have no weight gain elsewhere and actually have started looking smaller than I did at 25 weeks. Can the baby move more internal?! I am confused as to why i would get smaller.

Don't know about you ladies but I have major pregnancy brain. I go to do something but forget what it was by the time I get there! I am so frustrated! Have also been very very very tired.

Bimby
January 23rd, 2013, 08:14 PM
Jark your DS2 was like my DS2 - he was born 8 days early and 9lb6oz so had he gone to term he'd have been 10lb!!

I am measuring 3-4 weeks ahead by uterus measurment this time and my baby is bigger everywhere except her head (if only I was having a natural birth this time, my boys heads were huge and I had to push those monsters out lol) - do I worry about this?? My Doc isnt worried and every scan I have had has had her head smaller then the rest of her so I presume all ok?? Anyway off track slightly... HBP it sucks they wont give you a scan, do they know you are homebirthing?? Perhaps mention your concerns about homebirthing with a bigger bubs and they may do a scan for you??? DS2 was BIG but he was easier then DS1 and I think if I could do this little girl naturally it would be even easier, your body just knows what to do by now I reckon so Im sure it will all be fine. I also notice this girl sits high in the uterus so maybe that is whats causing larger measurements? - is your LO sitting higher then your boys?

homebirthing princess
January 24th, 2013, 05:18 AM
Yep they know I'm planning a homebirth, she genuinely didn't seem concerned....if u turn down a gtt test they give u a growth scan instead so I may just do that because even if my gtt came bk normal I'd still be worrying that she will be huge and o just don't want to risk a homebirth if she's big so having a scan would help me make the right decision iykwim? She seems to sit high right under my ribs I either have to sit slouched bk or kneel on all 4s otherwise I find it hard to breathe LOL!

I feel so down right now one cos of worrying about the baby and also my husband was made redundant yesterday :'( this really couldn't of come at a worse time, I have no idea how we will manage! X

Bimby
January 24th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Yep they know I'm planning a homebirth, she genuinely didn't seem concerned....if u turn down a gtt test they give u a growth scan instead so I may just do that because even if my gtt came bk normal I'd still be worrying that she will be huge and o just don't want to risk a homebirth if she's big so having a scan would help me make the right decision iykwim? She seems to sit high right under my ribs I either have to sit slouched bk or kneel on all 4s otherwise I find it hard to breathe LOL!

I feel so down right now one cos of worrying about the baby and also my husband was made redundant yesterday :'( this really couldn't of come at a worse time, I have no idea how we will manage! X

Oh gosh HBP that is awful hun. What line of work is your husband in? Did they pay him out at all?? I hope he can find something soon, I feel for you. My DH works for himself and when I found out I was pregnant with DS2 he was without work for weeks as the company he was contracted to went bust and they still owed him $12,000 (still do but we'll never see that money unfortunately) We ended up renting our house out and moving to my mums house for a year to save money. Dh's work ended up picking up again but it is always at the back of my mind that it could happen very easily again. I hope it all works out ok hun, thinking of you x

Brandles
January 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi ladies!! It feels like it's been forever since I've posted in here. I've been ridiculously busy. We have rain for the next 5 days so I will be playing catch up in here. Hope everyone is doing well!!!

Baby girl has literally been moving non-stop for the past 3 days!!! I'm loving it!!!!!!!

homebirthing princess
January 25th, 2013, 03:54 AM
Oh gosh HBP that is awful hun. What line of work is your husband in? Did they pay him out at all?? I hope he can find something soon, I feel for you. My DH works for himself and when I found out I was pregnant with DS2 he was without work for weeks as the company he was contracted to went bust and they still owed him $12,000 (still do but we'll never see that money unfortunately) We ended up renting our house out and moving to my mums house for a year to save money. Dh's work ended up picking up again but it is always at the back of my mind that it could happen very easily again. I hope it all works out ok hun, thinking of you x

That must have been a very stressful time for you all hun, but u got threw it so that gives me hope :) my hubby is a scaffolder its a well paid job where he's at and he's worked there for 5yrs trouble is all other companies don't pay what he gets now so we will be short of a lot of money each wk, his redundancy will take him right up to the wk b4 willows due so he will loose full paternity pay, I'm praying she comes early that way he will still get full pay....willow rose this is yoyr eviction notice u now have 2wks to pack your bags and move on out lol :)

On a brighter note its my baby shower tomorrow yay :) xx

Mrs_P
January 25th, 2013, 04:29 PM
hi girls sorry to butt in on your thread, just wondering how beachy is doing if anyone knows not seen her on here for a while?

Oh and to those who are worried about size, ds1 they told me from multiple scans would be 9lb plus as i was massive, he was 7lbs 4. Ds2 they were worried about for ages as my bump was sooooo small and always measuring under size - he was 7lbs 5 just really screwed up and came out that hunched up we couldn't put his legs out straight to measure him for a week, we had to special exercises with him to uncurl him!

Incidentially ds3 was in the middle bump wise but a good size at 7lbs 8. I think most women their babies do get bigger (unless born early or anything) but not massively so try not to worry, but even with scans doctors aren't always right

meeks32
January 25th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Hi ladies!

I'm not pg yet but dropping in to ask anyone that knows their gender to please add your sway into the new stats spreadsheet Rainbow has put together. It's very comprehensive! Let her know when you do and she'll manually update the percentages for you.

http://www.genderdreaming.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25157

Good luck everyone!

Bimby
January 27th, 2013, 08:07 AM
How was your baby shower HBP? x

homebirthing princess
January 27th, 2013, 12:18 PM
It was lovely thank you, I had a vintage tea party theme so blues and pinks, I used old jam jars and put a vintage tag around them and filled them with pink lemonade and a paper pink straw, and I made little bird cage cupcakes :) willow got some lovely clothes and some beautiful Cath kidston things :) I will try adding some pics later x
Anyone else having a shower soon? x

mrshonyez
January 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I'm glad you had a nice shower, hbp! We just had my best friend's shower yesterday too. It was a lot of fun! We're only 2 weeks apart, so we've gone through the whole pregnancy together :). My sweet friends even surprised me with some nice nursery bedding, and a cute bouncer! I wasn't expecting it at all, but it was really nice of them. Hope everyone is doing well!

mummypink
January 27th, 2013, 04:37 PM
So sorry about your hubbies job HBP, I hope some work comes up quickly for him.

Your baby shower sounds fab! They don't do them over here so I've never had one, and to be honest I've been so busy with work and the boys I don't feel like I've hardly had time to think about things for the baby yet. I really need to get more organised!! I did buy the first pack of newborn nappies the other day though so that is progress lol!!

The baby will be in with us until my hubby has finished building the extension so no nursery to decorate. I was going to dig out the moses basket from the basement and give it a good clean etc and then put it in the sparebedroom to store but my mil is now coming over in a few weeks so I may as well wait until after she has gone back or I'll only have to put it back in the basement after it has been cleaned. I'm hoping I won't need it this time as the one thing I have bought is a hanging crib which is fab. So if that works out well I will probably sell my moses basket soon after the baby arrives.
I need to get a new travel system with car seat too!

suregena
January 27th, 2013, 06:06 PM
It was lovely thank you, I had a vintage tea party theme so blues and pinks, I used old jam jars and put a vintage tag around them and filled them with pink lemonade and a paper pink straw, and I made little bird cage cupcakes :) willow got some lovely clothes and some beautiful Cath kidston things :) I will try adding some pics later x
Anyone else having a shower soon? x

I didn't get a shower with my son and won't with this one... not because I don't want to (for the getting-together aspect)... but because all my family/friends are in the US. I'm kind of on my own over here... :/ My mom uses Amazon.co.uk a lot to buy things for me, my son, and for this bub... so that's sort of been the extent of our baby shower-y thing... but what I feel like I miss out on is the getting together with people I love to be excited and celebrate. Darn it.

I'm having some indigestion and mild heart burn tonight! It's been a while!

I often already feel like I can't breathe and I'm barely 23 weeks yet. What is ten more weeks going to do to me?! Sheeeeeeeesh.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 27th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Hello ladies. I just wanted to let you know that I purchased a crib at Target tonight, and got the changing table for free. The crib is the Graco Mason. It was $150 and the table was 100. It got good reviews and after tax I payed 160 all together. Just wanted to let you know if you're in the market for furniture and you have a Target nearby. They are also having sales on a bunch of other baby items. It's their biggest baby sale of the year. Hope all is well with everyone.

mummypink
January 28th, 2013, 04:09 AM
Suregena - I'm the same over here, even if they did have baby showers I wouldn't have many people to invite! My mum uses amazon a lot too for things for my boys. :)

Threemen - what a fab bargain!! Wish we had target over here.

Can I pick your brains ladies? I've posted this on the u/s forum too but can any of you explain what the bits are on my scan pic please? I am pretty certain that B is the scrotum but what is A and C? I'm assuming one of those is the willy?

I thought my other scan pic (see below) was a clearer boy bits shot but I've since been told it is the toes!!! Shows what I know lol!!

Cinss
January 28th, 2013, 04:23 AM
mummypink i think B is the nub, C is scrotum but you cant see all of it, and A may be leg or something here is my pic in comparison, you can see the scrotum is the bulgy bit with the nub sitting ontop of it and the leg is infront of the boy bits.

mummypink
January 28th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Thanks Cinss, don't think I'll be changing career to become an u/s tech lol!

I'm so rubbish at working these things out!!

mrshonyez
January 28th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Mummypink, we won't really have a nursery for a while either. Baby will be in with us for a while, and DS2 is still in the crib. I'm pretty sure on the u/s pic, A is the cord, B is the willy, and C is the scrotum. I'm no expert though (yet!! Can't wait to go back to school lol!)
3m, that's a great deal! I'll probably have to check out the sale too!

mummypink
January 28th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Thanks Mrshonyez :) x

mrshonyez
January 28th, 2013, 12:51 PM
You're welcome! I could be wrong of course, though!

Tiffani3
January 28th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Hello ladies. I just wanted to let you know that I purchased a crib at Target tonight, and got the changing table for free. The crib is the Graco Mason. It was $150 and the table was 100. It got good reviews and after tax I payed 160 all together. Just wanted to let you know if you're in the market for furniture and you have a Target nearby. They are also having sales on a bunch of other baby items. It's their biggest baby sale of the year. Hope all is well with everyone.

That's so lovely hun which colour did you go for? Did you decide on your bedding too?
I'll be using ds3 cot as he really needs to be in a bed now.

Here's a picture of his cot

spinningmadly
January 29th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I thought I'd come on here and update in case anyone was wondering.
all of our testing, microarray etc on the amnio came back normal. Very extensive genetic testing. :/. which leaves us with zero answers. the genetic counselor didn't know what to tell me , she drew my blood and ordered a screening for genetic carrier tests which they rarely do (it tests 200+ carrier genes). however, I don't think she thought any of those could have caused these issues, it was just guess to see if anything shows up. she said she normally only does it if parents are cousins or something... poor woman was just trying to give me something I think..

However, I did a consult with potter on the phone which went well, he was very sympathetic and willing to do whatever we needed to do next time to try to avoid this again. he was also perplexed, every dr ive been to is.

I also went to Duke for a consult last week. It was a weird appt, they were very nice but very much focused in on my Antiphospholipid antibody test done previously.
Which was 25 for the IGM and normal for the IGG. I guess IGG means there is an issue, IGM CAN mean an issue but its controversial. and since my IGM as 25 meant low-med positive although the OB freaked out and said lovenox around 8-10 weeks (Which would have been too late to avoid these problems anyway if it was due to this) the MFM dr said no, baby aspirin and we will redo the testing. it was redone at 7 weeks and IGM had gone down to 16. IGG was still normal. we thought we were good.

Well I just went got my Duke results tonight online, my IGM was 42!! which was over. HIGH positive. My mind is just reeling because I feel like we are going backwards with answers. this was my original concern, it was ruled out and now we are back again.
I know this was the reason I went to duke to get a second set of eyes and ironically the dr I saw there specializes in clotting disorders and I thought that's why he was focused in on it. guess I was wrong.

The drs told me high IGM on its own wasn't conclusive of APS before but partnered with multiple losses it is. (late losses) i told them I didn't want to get to that point of multiple late losses, well here we are.

luckylass
January 29th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Spinning I am so sorry you have had to go through this in the first place but now to have no clear answers is terrible. I really don't know what to say except I will be praying for you until you get to hold your own sweet baby girl in your arms healthy and happy.

mummypink
January 29th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Awww Spinning, I can't imagine what you're going through. Not only coping with the loss of your angels but also trying to get answers as to what on earth is going on. I'm so glad the consultation with Dr Potter went well, and I hope and pray you get some answers soon. Big hugs xxxx

suregena
January 29th, 2013, 03:08 AM
Spinning... everything you have been and are going through sounds so intense. :( I hope something can be figured out and I'm glad you spoke to Dr. Potter. Thank you for keeping us posted... we keep thinking about you!

Cinss
January 29th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Spinning hope you are doing ok.

spinningmadly
January 29th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Ironically right after I posted that I started hemmoraging blood and called 911 and they took forever my husband threw the kids in the car and drove me (5 min away) there was blood everywhere it was so scary. I had been telling the drs for weeks even the Mfm I just saw at duke I think I had retained placenta but since I didn't show the typical fever , pain, heavy bleeding they didn't believe me. (I had none of those the last time either!) well guess who was right!!! Me!!!!!
Anyway after it slowed down and they checked everything they called my old
Ob who only does gyn now and he said come in tomorrow. Ironically since it slowed down the hospital wouldnt. Do an ER d&c even though I had just been bleeding very heavily for a while. How stupid is that?! My poor kids were terrified and my house looks like a murder scene in a movie :/ I have to clean the carpets tomorrow.. Anyone have any good tips?

Bimby
January 29th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Oh far out spinning, how scary for you all! Did you need a transfusion at all? That's so frightening, I guess it just goes to show we know our bodies better than anyone. I'm so glad you are ok now though. Thank you for updating, I think of you often. I really hoped you'd have some answers and I'm so sorry you're still left wondering :( I hope something positive happens soon for you hun xx

Tiffani3
January 29th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Omg I hope your ok spinning that must have been so frightening for you all. I'm sorry you still haven't got any answers that must be so hard on you hopefully you'll get some soon.
oh and the carpet, hire a carpet cleaner there suppose to be brilliant
Hope you feel better lots of love to you xx

mummypink
January 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Oh gosh spinning how frightening!! I really hope you are ok, I can't believe the hospital just sent you home! xxxxx

Winngrin
January 29th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Thinking of you Spinning, and so hoping you get some peace and answers.

hotdogz&boyz
January 29th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Holy cow spinning :( How terrifying. I really hope you are home and recovering now. I would hire a carpet cleaner. No way you need to be doing that kind of removal yourself. But if that is not an option, we have had luck with the rental carpet cleaners for getting up stains. Like at Lowes or Home Depot. Have DH do it though, the machines are heavy and I am sure you need some time to rest and heal.

But strangely I have the same blood clotting condition. Although mine was not borderline at any point (my number was "through the roof" and it was paired with five losses to one premature live birth). It breaks my heart to think that you may have had the answer and had it ignored and left untreated for so long. I desperately hope they jump on treatment and can prevent something like that from happening in the future. For me, it's as simple as taking an aspirin at night and a shot of lovenox in the morning. But I agree with you, taking lovenox at 8-10 weeks isn't going to help anything. I start the day I get my BFP. As do many people I know with clotting disorders (all are online, save one who is local). I would certainly push for getting treatment for that immediately. It's not like it will hurt, since two of the three tests came up positive even though they were so far apart (my repeat test was 2 months later, which is acceptable, but my third was the one that convinced them at 6 months out). I really am sorry it came to this to have to get your concerned listened to. I hope that things are easier from here on out medically. And I hope you are healing emotionally in the way you need to. Hugs to you!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 29th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Spinning, I can't believe what happened. I read your pm a little while ago, and then came on here too and saw that you went to the ER. I hope you're ok. WTF!!! The only thing I can suggest is someone to come in and professionally clean the carpets. My dog was throwing up blood years ago due to an illness and we had our carpets done after he had his surgery. You'd never be able to tell that my carpet looked like some sort of crime scene two days prior. I'm sorry...this just plain sucks.

spinningmadly
January 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I know, wtf is right.
I am ok right now. went to my (old) ob, hes going to do a hysteroscopy and take the pieces out rather than to cause more trauma with another d and c. he will do one at the same time if necessary but he should be able just to get it out that way, which I feel better about bc a d&c is a blind procedure.

Hotdog - I think at this point next pregnancy I would be on lovenox regardless just in case. I just read some places it might be more useful to start at ovulation rather than BFP.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
You couldn't write this $hit Spinning. I'm not going to say you have bad luck, but something has to change, and soon. I really hope things get squared away and you're pregnant with your little girl soon. You need this, and we all hope you get it.

spinningmadly
January 29th, 2013, 08:15 PM
LOL TM&AL. it is bad luck i guess?
my ob said today that the cleft? where the placenta detaches from the uterus is just not large/ready? and so that sometimes at this stage of pregnancy thats why this can happen.
IMO it didn't happen with my boys and its happen the 2 times I"ve had to be induced. so I wonder if that's why, my body isn't ready.

homebirthing princess
January 30th, 2013, 01:27 AM
That sounds terrifying spinning hope your doing ok now xx

homebirthing princess
January 30th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Ok so I have some pics on my phone from my baby shower so I will just add these for now, there just of some decorations xx8484

homebirthing princess
January 30th, 2013, 01:35 AM
My vintage tea party cupcakes :)
The little favor jars a made up for my guests :) x

homebirthing princess
January 30th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I got ppl to sign the frame instead of a guest book, I will then add her pic when shes born and put it up in her room. The cards are prediction cards I made...1st guess being 26th Feb hope they guessed right :)
Some of her gifts :) x

Tiffani3
January 30th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Argh that's all so lovely hbp. You must have so much for your little willow now.

I had a little cry yesterday :(
Ds2 came out of school with valentines disco tickets and said to me 'mummy I wish I had a baby sister so I could take her to the disco with me' and a sad little sigh!!
It broke my heart I didn't know what to say to him. He's not into babies like ds1 so I was really surprised with his comment. I really hope he has a special bond with this little man. Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 30th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Tiffani, I was on facebook this morning and my dd saw a picture of my cousin's new baby girl. My little girl looked at the pic and said I love her. I went in my room and cried too. All I could think is that she should be saying this about her little sister. I'm sorry your sad. Your little guy sounds SUPER sweet, like my ds2.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 30th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Part of me wishes I could just get that "guarantee" that we'd have a girl next. I'd definitely go for number 6 if that were the case. Stupid GD!!!

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Argh that's all so lovely hbp. You must have so much for your little willow now.

Ds2 came out of school with valentines disco tickets and said to me 'mummy I wish I had a baby sister so I could take her to the disco with me' and a sad little sigh!!
It broke my heart I didn't know what to say to him. He's not into babies like ds1 so I was really surprised with his comment. I really hope he has a special bond with this little man. Xx

oh hun heartbreaking, my ds1 asked me where ds2's little sister was the other day - he's only 3 ds1 that is i nearly cried......hopefully in mummys tummmys and not just in mummys dreams, :hugs: to you darling xx

fish2012
January 30th, 2013, 08:33 AM
hbp - amazing shower, you've put so much effort it in it looks lovely!

ps hope you guys don't mind me crashing but as started the journey with you guys need to know your news ;-s

Brandles
January 30th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Hbp- your shower looks amazing!! I love the cupcakes... They look like porcelain tea cups, so cute!!!

(((Hugs))) for those of you still dealing with gd. Your lo's sound so sweet.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 30th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hypothetical question ladies...If you were in my shoes and had 4 boys and a girl, would you try to sway again to hopefully have another girl, or would you leave it alone? Don't factor money, space of time into the equation. Just wondering if you'd try again or not.

Mrs_P
January 30th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Just to stick my 2 cents in 3men, i would have stopped but then i never wanted more than one girl (all the drama etc). All i ever wanted was one little girl and a couple of boys.

BUT your dream means so much to you and Ava i wouldn't shut the door on it just yet. If this baby turned out to be another boy i know i would try again. I think once you have a larger family one more won't make much difference anyway and i really do believe you never regret the children you do have only the ones you don't. Even if its something you never follow through with knowing its an option can help and i never wanted to grow old with regrets. You only get one life and one chance so igonre everyone else and do what your heart tells you (after all you won't regret Owen and if your dream is that consuming you won't regret the next little person either).

My midwife told me all women know when they are done, they just have this complete feeling. Its not something i have yet, do you?

Tiffani3
January 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Personally I would, but you may feel differently when your little man is here.

For me it would be so much harder to deal with gd without any hope of there ever being a little lady in my life.
Like mrs p said you won't ever regret any of your children but you may regret never trying again
Xx

luckylass
January 31st, 2013, 09:51 AM
ThreeMenAndaLady - We always wanted three children so I think I would stop but that is the easy and flippant answer as we wanted two boys and a girl. If I were you and I felt that I really wanted another girl then putting cost and time aside I would probably go for it. You will be the one carrying the baby and bring the baby up with your husband so if you would both be happy with another child then I definitely would not rule it out. Do what is best for you all as a family, that is the most important thing. My parents and dh's parents were all from families where they were one of 8 or 9 children (not unusual here at the time) and they all turned out to be happy well rounded adults.

Wishing4Pink
January 31st, 2013, 10:58 AM
Hbp, your baby shower looks so lovely. You got some gorgeous girly gifts, i'm loving the floral baby sleepsuit on the right. You would't happen to know where it's from? Hope you well xx

Brandles
January 31st, 2013, 11:13 AM
3men~ I love children and would have ten if we could afford it. I know I'm finally getting my little girl, but f money wasn't an issue and my husband let me I would totally love to try again to give her a sister. I have a sister and she is my best friend (other than my mom) and I think every child (boy/girl) needs a sister. This isn't a reality for us. My husband is already talking about getting snipped... He actually wants to do it ASAP. I joked and said I'd divorce him if he didn't wait until after baby is safe and home. So my poor little girl has 3 girl cousins close in age... That's gonna have to do!! :(

Ita with Mrs P and Tiff, with the regret comment.

Winngrin
January 31st, 2013, 01:37 PM
3M, I too think you'll know when you're done. At my appt yesterday my Dr asked if I wanted to get my tubes tied after I delivered. I had not really been considering having another but as soon as she said that I knew I wasn't ready to close the door on the chance of having a girl. I think that put us both in the slightly crazy category!!! ;)

Rosie85
January 31st, 2013, 02:00 PM

My ds1 made a family photo at school with construction paper people. He made all of us including the new baby, and he told everyone he is getting a sister and gave her a pink blanket :-(.

It is hard to k ow our children are disappointed but I really think once they are here it will go away.

Rosie85
January 31st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Spinning, thank you for the updates, so sorry about the hemorrhage, how scary!

Hpb that looked like a beautiful shower, amazing decorations!

Three, it depends I'd you can be okay with it being another boy again...because its a chance it will be. I always wanted two boys and two girls and I know it's not a possibility anymore. I have a limit of four and if the next is a boy, it's a boy and I a, done. If money is no object and you had no limit and don't mind another boy and your heart has room for one more...go for it!

hotdogz&boyz
January 31st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Three: I think that it's a really personal thing. It seems like not only your daughter had this dream of a sister, but you also have it for her. And really, like the others said...if DH is on board, you can handle it being another boy, and you have the money...DO IT! I don't believe I have ever heard someone say they regret having a child, but I have heard those who regret NOT having another child.

But do really evaluate how you would feel if the next was a boy as well. Like where your "stop" line is. We always knew our "stop line" was four kids. No matter if they were four boys, four girls, two of each, three and one, etc. And ME, we won't be swaying for our fourth. I truly will be 110% happy with either sex. Because when I saw our family before we knew what any of our children would be, my only desire was that I got one of each sex. I dont mind having one daughter and three sons. If that is what we end up with. I would have struggled if I had four of a kind, but would have found a way to make peace with it. But I think it's easy for me because I grew up without sisters and never missed it at all. I love being my moms only daughter. I love watching my brothers grow up as best friends. So my answer is obviously not your answer. Mine is no, we would be stopping if it was the number we decided on and even if I had to come to terms with what I had and wasn't going to have. But ours is money, space, emotional ability to stay connected to each child and not lose my mind, and a host of factors that we considered when picking our number. BUT, it sounds like your decision is more fluid and it does sound like you are willing to take the risk of having another boy to give your daughter a sister. And if DH is willing as well...I see it being a total go for you guys :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
January 31st, 2013, 03:36 PM
I think I'm calling it quits. I honestly don't want another baby. I just want another girl. But it isn't in the cards for us. And my dd will have 4 great brothers. I think my hormones got the best of me yesterday. I feel better today. I want to focus on my own life too. I want to go back to school...again...lol. And I want to grow old with my dh. I can't keep having babies. And my poor body feels like my insides are going to fall out so I think it's time to throw in the towel. Thanks for the feedback.

I had my glucose test today, and have doc appts every 2 weeks now. As many times as I've been pregnant, when my doc said this to me I cried. I can't believe I'm here already and I'm done being pregnant after this. LOVE MY HORMONES!!! hahaha

homebirthing princess
January 31st, 2013, 04:24 PM
Hugs to all you ladies still struggling with your gd :( xxxx

Thanks for the comments regarding my baby shower I had a great time organizing it! Wishing the sleep suits are from next they are gorgeous, next have lots of lovely floral things at the moment x

Bimby
January 31st, 2013, 09:58 PM
Down to double digits till my C/S date woohooo! Only 99 days to go :) I do feel a little sadness about this being my last pregnancy but I want to meet my new little baby more!!

Has anyone heard from Coocoo?? Id imagine her baby would be here by now maybe?? x

coocoobananas
January 31st, 2013, 11:35 PM
Aghhhh thanks for thinking of me Bimby:)
Still here but I had a sweep today and have had some strong bh contractions with lower back pain so fingers crossed... Although I think I'm wishful thinking!! They are uncomfortable but inconsistent so far:/
I'm also fighting a nasty cold so kinda would like that to simmer down first... I guess I'll know if these mean anything tomorrow!!

Brandles
January 31st, 2013, 11:53 PM
Everything is going perfect. Gained 4 lbs in 4 weeks, I'm up to almost 15 lbs. My fundal height is 25 and bp was low (like normal) 94/52. I'm going to have to have surgery as early as 6 mo after baby for my bladder. :( I'm going to try to put it off for a few years if I can help it.

My Dr (old boss), gave baby girl her 1st pair of shoes today! They're little pink Vans! So cute!!!!

http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/LBPDwifey/photo1_zps01a2547f.jpghttp://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp136/LBPDwifey/photo2_zps2edc3d69.jpg

Tiffani3
February 1st, 2013, 02:24 AM
Aghhhh thanks for thinking of me Bimby:)
Still here but I had a sweep today and have had some strong bh contractions with lower back pain so fingers crossed... Although I think I'm wishful thinking!! They are uncomfortable but inconsistent so far:/
I'm also fighting a nasty cold so kinda would like that to simmer down first... I guess I'll know if these mean anything tomorrow!!

Omg good luck if anything happens, how exciting!!!! hope you get rid of your cold before hand xx xx

Bimby
February 1st, 2013, 02:42 AM
Oh Coocoo, I hope things pick up for you on the labour but simmer down on the cold so you can meet your baby!! :) I love hearing about people in labour I get so excited so please update whenever you feel up to it/can - I was following someones labour today on FB and it was so exciting!! All the best hun.

Brandles those vans are sooo cute!

mummypink
February 1st, 2013, 09:09 AM
Threemen - I totally sympathise as I keep having the same question running through my head. Do we stop after this lo or not? I always imagined I would have two boys and a girl, and if this one was a girl I would definitely not be planning any more after this as I would feel like my family is complete.
I have more days at the moment where I think I can't do this again (go through the whole swaying and pregnancy) as I feel shattered already this time and I'm only 29 weeks. Plus without a guarantee that our next one would be a girl I know at the moment hand on heart that I wouldn't be having a baby because I truly wanted a baby, I would be doing it because I was hoping and praying that I would get a daughter.
Then of course I have dreams that they got the gender wrong at the scan and I'm having a girl, or people say to me 'oh maybe they got it wrong at the u/s' and I'm reminded of how sad I feel that I'm not having a girl, and probably never will. I worry about what I will regret most in the future, I worry about what impact it would have on my children if I did go on to have a 4th as I know my time would be stretched. I worry about my sanity too lol!
As someone else posted though you have to draw the line somewhere, I've met two people since finding out this baby is another boy that have 4 boys and no girls. So I know that if I have a 4th there is probably a good chance I'll have another boy... and then what? Do I have a 5th, 6th...? I have to be sensible and let my head balance out what my heart is longing for.

For now I'm allowing myself the 'maybe' factor as I know it is just too hard to deal with the definite decision that this is our last baby and I will never have that mother daughter relationship. I already love my 3rd little man to pieces, and I know as soon as I hold him in my arms I would never swap him for anything. I'm just praying that will be the cure to my gd and that I can enjoy my family and feel blessed with what I have. xxx

Cinss
February 1st, 2013, 06:01 PM
Just venting.... I hate play-doh!

Butterfly Spirit
February 1st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Just venting.... I hate play-doh!

Did it get ground up into the carpet?

Cinss
February 1st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Did it get ground up into the carpet?

haha YEEESSSSSS.... its every where tiny little balls of it. Thank you to uncles and aunties without children for bringing this into my house.

Rosie85
February 1st, 2013, 09:28 PM
I adore and hate play-doh. My oldest being autistic thrives off of play-doh, it really helps his stress and hand coordination..but he likes tearing it into small pieces and gets it everywhere and it dries up super fast since he plays sooo long with it.

Brandles
February 2nd, 2013, 09:18 AM
haha YEEESSSSSS.... its every where tiny little balls of it. Thank you to uncles and aunties without children for bringing this into my house.

Don't you just love some of the gifts that aunties and uncles bring that don't have kids. I swear my sister always brings the loudest toys that make you want to chuck the toy across the room... Lol!! This Christmas she bought my 3 yo a bow and arrow set (suction of course) but seriously, I don't want that in my house. We've had to hide it!!! Lol!!!!

suregena
February 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
Don't you just love some of the gifts that aunties and uncles bring that don't have kids. I swear my sister always brings the loudest toys that make you want to chuck the toy across the room... Lol!! This Christmas she bought my 3 yo a bow and arrow set (suction of course) but seriously, I don't want that in my house. We've had to hide it!!! Lol!!!!

I get some really annoying stuff for my son from my mother in law. We just today took one to the charity shop/thrift store.

mummypink
February 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Hehe, I'm always thankful for having wooden floors when it comes to play dough!

I have been known to charity shop toys that were incredibly annoying though!!! ;)

hotdogz&boyz
February 2nd, 2013, 04:32 PM
Oh I actually LOVe play-doh. It is truly one of the ONLY things my boys can do together without fighting. Gotta love that no matter if it means finding bits of it all over the house (including my older boys bed??!!). I have been know to snip out fibers of carpet that were particularly unsightly. But I do understand the pain of it getting everywhere. I try to limit it to the dining room (where we have hardwood), but it still turns up in every corner of this place. But for my thirty minutes of peace while I drink a cup of tea...I turn to play-doh ;)

However, the annoying, loud, dart-bearing toys are immediately given away or hidden in a dark, dark corner of my house. Who the heck invents these things? Whatever happened to nice wooden toys that created no noise on their own volition?! Lol.

Although I did get some awesome "old school" building bricks for my boys this week and almost lost my marbles trying to "build" them into blocks. Flat-packing and "Ikea-style" instructions just don't mix with a moody mama functioning off 4 hours of sleep a night. Thank goodness the kids like them, cause I almost threw them all away after seeing how complicated it was to get them together. Meanwhile two small people were jumping around in excitement and offering "helpful" help. Looking back, I wish I had a video of us doing it...it was a mess. But at the time I was NOT entertained!

In other news, I am rapidly going broke buying adorable wool for wearing over cloth diapers. I fear it is an addiction. I shall remember to disown the friend who got me addicted...after I get her opinion on all of my choices :D

coocoobananas
February 2nd, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hello! Had my giant baby boy with I think the name Wyatt James Finn this morning at 12:28am 9lbs 5 oz... I'm only 5'2 and I delivered by 2nd vbac! Did everyone just grab their crotch in sympathy?!? Lol!
I am so happy I tried for a girl and got this little guy instead, I couldn't be happier:) this being said after the labour!!! Man!!! How easily we forget how hard that is, but such a relief it's over:):)

Cinss
February 2nd, 2013, 06:14 PM
CONGRATS coocoo!!!!

Tiffani3
February 2nd, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hello! Had my giant baby boy with I think the name Wyatt James Finn this morning at 12:28am 9lbs 5 oz... I'm only 5'2 and I delivered by 2nd vbac! Did everyone just grab their crotch in sympathy?!? Lol!
I am so happy I tried for a girl and got this little guy instead, I couldn't be happier:) this being said after the labour!!! Man!!! How easily we forget how hard that is, but such a relief it's over:):)

Argh wow congratulations to you. So so happy for you :) how are you feeling? Xx

Bimby
February 2nd, 2013, 07:38 PM
Oh Congrats Coocoo!!! I remember the pain all too well of my 9lb6 boy but Im a little taller than you so must of been a double ouch for you hun, well done to you!! I cant wait to see pics of your little man, I bet he is just adorable :) xx

suregena
February 2nd, 2013, 07:40 PM
Congratulations coocoo! <3 <3 <3 Can't wait to see a picture! I hope everything and everyone gets settled and you enjoy that sweet baby boy!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
February 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Coocoo, just saw the pics on fb!!! He is amazing. Love the name and his face. Great job with the vbac. You should be proud of yourself. Congrats on making such a handsome little man.

homebirthing princess
February 3rd, 2013, 02:12 AM
Awww congratulations coocoo thats such lovely news :') well our 1st baby is here....whos next, butterfly! I'm trying everything to get lil willow out I can't,be having a big baby lol! Xx

mummypink
February 3rd, 2013, 04:21 AM
Huge congrats coocoo! Fantastic news. Can't wait to see a pic of your gorgeous little man. And yes - ouch!!! :) xxx

luckylass
February 3rd, 2013, 05:29 AM
Massive congrats Coco on the arrival of your little man and well done mammy, he was a big baby for a little frame like yours.

suregena
February 3rd, 2013, 08:15 AM
"I wonder if she'll have curly hair. I hope she'll stay slender and skinny as she gets older."

This is seriously what my mother in law just said to me right now. We're currently out to lunch with her. WTF.

hotdogz&boyz
February 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
^^Um, wow. Can't she let her develop her lungs first?? MILs are amazing.

And HUGE CONGRATS Coocoo!! What a good size baby and I am in awe of your amazing womanly skills. It does make me want to run and hide from labor. I fully admit I am TERRIFIED. I know I will be fine once I get there and just do it. But hearing your tale of 9lbs, 5oz makes my whole uterus ache. I bet he is gorgeous. And a great name. Very strong.

I must now know...am I the only one who is semi-dreading labor/delivery? I had a wonderful first birth that was easy (as birth can be) and intervention-free (even in a hospital). My second I went into it blissfully big-headed and had a miserable pitocin-augmented labor that was pain-med free, but only because as I was screaming for the epi I was ready to start pushing (which is my least favorite part). So, yeah....I am totally scared that this one will be that bad. I know to avoid pitocin unless my child's life and mine depend on it. But I am scared, scared, scared.

mummypink
February 3rd, 2013, 04:25 PM
I've been very lucky so far with my first two labours, both pretty quick with no pain relief. I had two stitches after ds1 and none after ds2 and actually felt fab straight after I had him. So I'm not too worried about labour - although of course I know this one could be completely different!
My main worry is getting to the hospital as we have an hours drive to get there and if the baby arrives before my mum comes over then we will have to rely on friends to look after the boys - or take them to the hospital with us! Not good!

suregena
February 3rd, 2013, 05:29 PM
^^Um, wow. Can't she let her develop her lungs first?? MILs are amazing.

And HUGE CONGRATS Coocoo!! What a good size baby and I am in awe of your amazing womanly skills. It does make me want to run and hide from labor. I fully admit I am TERRIFIED. I know I will be fine once I get there and just do it. But hearing your tale of 9lbs, 5oz makes my whole uterus ache. I bet he is gorgeous. And a great name. Very strong.

I must now know...am I the only one who is semi-dreading labor/delivery? I had a wonderful first birth that was easy (as birth can be) and intervention-free (even in a hospital). My second I went into it blissfully big-headed and had a miserable pitocin-augmented labor that was pain-med free, but only because as I was screaming for the epi I was ready to start pushing (which is my least favorite part). So, yeah....I am totally scared that this one will be that bad. I know to avoid pitocin unless my child's life and mine depend on it. But I am scared, scared, scared.

I'm a little nervous. I coped with my first labor fine naturally until at 7cm, when I had been awake for two days solid so I was pretty tired, the last thing I needed to hear was that they needed to break my waters but to do that safely they had to transfer me to the labor ward (I was in the birth centre attached to the hospital.) Because I was so tired, I felt defeated, and I started crying and getting upset... and THAT'S when labor started to hurt! It's when you tense up and start freaking out that labor goes bad. And sure enough, they got me up there, broke waters and said that they needed to do pitocin and by that point, my dreams were shattered, I was so so so so so tired, that I didn't want to feel the "artificial contractions" so I said to give me an epidural. I felt like such a failure. But all in all it could have been worse, I guess. (He was delivered with foreceps in the end... he was posterior and I was in labor for 49 hours and he was tired and just had to get out but his position wasn't helping.)

I'm going for a homebirth this time. I've bought a birthing ball (which I didn't do last time - I should have though!) to try to prevent her being posterior. I think I'll be fine as long as her position is good and I just stay home! And also, that I SLEEP during early labor!

And, yeah... my MIL said that. I asked my husband (she stepped away for a moment to put more money in the car meter outside) if he heard what she said because he didn't respond (I didn't, either.) He said he had but ignored it. He said she said stuff like that to him all the time (why am I not surprised?) while he was growing up (for him, he was skinny and pale but had a little belly.) My husband has a younger cousin who is like my weight (average, she's younger than me) and I have heard her say before that she is a slightly 'bigger girl, poor thing' and my husband would always say to his mum, "Are you kidding? That's the sort of talk that will damage a girl... plus, she's completely normal and average?!" and I always thought that was SO bizarre that she would say that about his cousin. But, I guess I never expected she'd talk about her MUCH WANTED GRANDDAUGHTER before she's even born by placing such ridiculous expectations on her. I asked my husband, "Are you going to ignore her saying that after Willow is born?" and he said, "No way... I am going to put a stop to it. I will never allow her to speak that way about her." and I said, "Good, because I hope you know that is the ONLY time I will ignore it. I know she's old, I know she comes from an era where they struggled with food, but she needs to realize how damaging that can be."

I knew, by my having a girl, all sorts of interesting things would be coming out of her mouth! I just knew it!

I told my mom (sent her an email when I posted here while out to lunch, on my phone) and she responded, "Are you kidding?! When you do speak up next time say 'now why in the world would you say something like that?' I'd be curious what her answer would be."

Crazycrazycrazy...

She also made a comment (because my son, a freshly three year old, was eating like me... with just his fork, at lunch... which is kind of considered improper etiquette I guess for the most part here... my husband and many others eat with a fork and knife in hand constantly through the meal... cutting and pushing food onto the fork using the knife, etc) about how he was eating like me.

But then that prompted my husband to go over to him and start helping him with using a knife and fork and he said, "Here, let's eat properly..." like it induced some discomfort with him when she said that.

That stuff pisses me off so much. When I FIRST moved here (when his dad was still alive) and I'd go over to their house for dinners, during those early days of living in the UK... his parents STARED AT ME WHILE I ATE... because of how I used my silverware!

AHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGRRRRGHHHH! Today made me miss home so much. I hate when people just don't let others be. I'm sure my son will be eating 'properly' when he goes to school as no doubt they'll push it... but he's THREE for crying out loud! WHO CARES!!!!

Okay, rant over. Sigh. I miss my momma. She's so laid back, so accepting, so lovely, loving, human. Grrrr. I wish I could just go out to lunch with her instead. Stupid ocean in the way.....

Rosie85
February 3rd, 2013, 09:53 PM
Congratulations Coocoo on both the baby and second VBAC!! I am doing my second VBAC this time around as well and am nervous for the pain. Crazy you pushed such a big babe out, way to go! Glad you are so very much in love with him :-)

homebirthing princess
February 4th, 2013, 01:43 AM
I'm also nervous slightly about my labour, I had 2 fantastic births b4 and keep thinking I can't be rhat Lucky again...can I? I guess I'm worrying so much about what size she will be and if my body will cope ect! I have everything ready for my homebirth now, the birthing pool will be filled up next weekend when I'm officially 37wks I can't wait to use that in the evenings when the boys are in bed listening to my hypnobirth cd (i like to practice the breathing techs in there) I've got my clary sage oil now...so will take a bath in that once I'm 37wks I also use it to strengthen my contractions in massage form also its said to be a natural pain killer so good to smell during Labour (it stinks tho) I have a tens if needed so I'm good to go :) I'm so fed up tho I just want her here in my arms safely....I've really not enjoyed this pregnancy :(

Gena who cares how u eat jeeze if u/your son ate with your fingers I'd understand, I eat holding just my fork and.....u may wanna sit down for this.....I hold my fork in my right hand lol!! My hubby always takes the per outta me! Just ignore stupid comments hun she sounds very strange xx

homebirthing princess
February 4th, 2013, 01:56 AM
"Pregnant and I Know It" MOBILE VERSION (Parody of "Sexy and I Know It") - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6utEFg4MBOo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

Something to make you smile :) xx

mummypink
February 4th, 2013, 04:36 AM
Suregena - It's funny since living over here and being friends with more international people we've noticed Americans tend to eat with just a fork. I think it is a typical British thing being ott about table etiquette tbh, my parents were the same with me always insisting I 'eat properly' and that eating with just a fork was bad manners. I suppose it is just one of those funny things but I can't believe your mil is making you feel so awkward about it! As you say for your little boy he is only 3 so just using cutlery full stop is a good thing!

My bump has dropped and I feel so much more comfortable as a result! I have my scan next week so hoping that will confirm he is in a good position. I've been getting loads of BH over the last few weeks too, some of which stop me in my tracks. But I guess that is pretty normal since it's my third pregnancy. xx

suregena
February 4th, 2013, 05:30 AM
I used to be okay with her but since having my own child, it's just gotten strange. :/ my husband isn't really close to her but feels a sense of 'duty' since his older brother lives in London and rarely connects with anyone (first and last time he saw my son was when he was four months old) and his other older brother, who was the more family centered so my hubby tells me, sadly died in the '90s.

So it's all on my husband's shoulders. Bah.

mummypink
February 5th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I've got my 32 week scan next week and I'm starting to get obsessed with wrong gender u/s again. Thought I was over this - arrggghhh! So annoying!!

Hopefully we will get a very clear potty shot this time to show me without any doubt that this is a boy so I can just get over it. x

ynwa
February 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Had midwife app today at 30+5,I measure 34 weeks so off for a growth scan tomorrow,lucky enough they have fitted my in after my physio app so only 1 trip to make.also after having my gtt 2 weeks ago I got a letter from hospital because my iron level is only 10.3 whe they would like it to be above 12,so been put on 3xiron tabs a day,but on the plus side I get to see baby again and treble check gender:,)hope everyone is well x

luckylass
February 6th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Hi ladies hope you are all keeping well.

Hope your scan goes well today ynwa, it is lovely to get a chance to see baby again isn't it.

I have low iron aswell and have been put on liquid iron for it since my appointment on Monday. Boy oh boy does it taste foul, wish I was taking tablets. Ah well it's very little to complain about.

Surgena I would tell you not to mind your mother in law but it is easier said than done and even more so when your little ones are brought into it. If eating with his fork only is the worst she has to deal with in life she has very to complain about. My boys only eat with their fork too and ds1 is the very same age as your little man and ds2 is 18 months. Your MIL would be horrified by them both :) . Just take care of yourself and Willow and try let it was over you, Otis is perfect.

Mummypink I know it is wise to advise you not to get your hopes up but I am really hoping that the scan was wrong and that you are carrying your pink bundle there. If not a bet your ds is the most wonderful little man ever and will the perfect addition to your family.

Rosie hope you are keeping well. Over the 30 week mark now, the rest of the time will fly. It is amazing how quickly it goes.

HBP, any sign of your Willow making a move to join us. I think I remember you saying on here that you were hoping she would arrive a little early for you dh to get his paternity leave. Apologies if I have that mixed up. Did your boys arrive early or on time?

Edited to add - Who is due next, Is it Butterfly Spirit? I hope her little lady arrives for her soon.

mummypink
February 6th, 2013, 05:36 AM
Awww thank you Luckylass xxx

homebirthing princess
February 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mummy I 2nd everything lyckylass said! Hope your scan goes well hun!

Ynwa, hope your scan goes well today let us know how u get on, I had my midwife app,this morning and willow is still measuring big so I have to go for the dreaded 3hr gtt on Monday :( I'm gutted I hoped I missed that out this time! I also have low iron I've been on ferrous fumrate since I was 7wks pregnant same as ds2!

Luckylass thanks for asking of me, you have it correct about dh and paternity I'm still praying she comes early it would help us out so much, I spent the whole of my app today crying I'm just finding everything so overwhelming and stressful, I just want her here safe I so wanted to enjoy this pregnancy as its my last but I just cant! Hope you are keeping well hun?

Sooo I have a midwife coming over to discuss my homebirth this afternoon and to get me to sign all the paper work ect, sat I will be putting up the birthing pool (eekk) I'm having some reflexology done nxt wk to try help move this little lady out...or at least try calm me down as I'm a wreak right now! Ooooh and my new pink hood and apron came for my vintage pram today I had to have them made specially, will add a pic of the not comepletely finished pram (u may remember it was all completely navy blue) its been re sprayed iam so proud of it :-)

Hope every1 is ok? It's very quiet on here now x

homebirthing princess
February 6th, 2013, 08:09 AM

I'm so pleased with it, can't wait to put willow in there x

luckylass
February 6th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Homebirthing Princess that pram is absolutely amazing. I bet it will be wonderful for you to push Willow around in it and you will get tonnes of compliments on it I am guessing.

In relation to the stress you are going through at the moment we have a lot going on this end so can sympathise with you (although that will not make you feel any better sorry). I really hope that your dh picks up a new and better job soon and in the meantime that Willow arrives in time for him to get his paternity leave so that you can at least stop having to worry about that. Please try to take care of yourself as mammys can tend to put themselves last and you need care too. (((hugs)))

Lassie1982
February 6th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Home birthing is that a silver cross????
Love it!
And yay, there is someone else that shares my adoration of that style of pram :)
I would have LOVED a silver cross, but from a practicality perspective, it just wasn't going to happen.
But I'm really happy with what we did get, the Emmaljunga Duo Combi in cream leather. Absolutely adore it :) here it is...

luckylass
February 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Lassie that is a really lovely pram and I love the cream too.

mummypink
February 6th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Thanks HB, your pram looks fab! I hope your little lady doesn't keep you waiting too long.

I'm getting worried now - I still haven't sorted out a travel system or a car seat. I kind of know what I'm getting (just a fairly cheap Graco one) as I can't afford to splash out on anything fancy, but I don't think you can buy it over here and they are all so expensive here anyway so I'm planning on buying it for my mum to bring over when she flies here in April. Not sure what happens if the baby decides to come early though and I hate being so disorganised!
In fact I've hardly got anything, I haven't even properly sorted through the clothes to find out what I need to buy. I ordered some more bottles and a steriliser the other day just in case I'm a complete failure at breastfeeding again, and I have a hanging crib - but not hooks for it to hang on at the moment!!

The thought that the baby could actually be here in 7 weeks is starting to scare me as I am so not ready!!!!

Has everyone else pretty much got everything they need now? xx

Cinss
February 6th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Im in the same boat mummypink, i literally have a bed and about 4 outfits for our baby, financial stuff is bad for us atm so i feel like all baby buying has been put on the back burner, i do have a nursing pillow coming from america that i got at a great price on ebay its the JJ Cole one so im excited to get that. The pram i will be using the one we have already, it just needs a good clean. As for car seat, i will be handing down DD's one also and just getting her a booster, i had my birthday just over a week ago and my darling brother gave me a $100 gift card to use at target, so i am just waithing for them to go on sale. Then i think i will just start putting newborn nappies in the weekly shopping so that i can have a decent stock pile by the time baby is due, DD is out of nappies now so that is one bonus i guess.

mummypink
February 7th, 2013, 02:33 AM
Awww what a fab brother Cinss! Hope you manage to grab some bargains at Target.

We're the same, my hubby has been out of work for over a year and has only just been given some temporary work for a few weeks so we're trying to be really careful with money. I had planned to use my old travel system but unfortunately it was hanging up in the garage and some wasps built a nest in it and completely wrecked it! My baby car seat is at my mums in the UK and a lot of the travel systems I've been looking at have one included so I figured may as well leave the old one at her house for if we need it for visits.

My two have been out of nappies for a while so I really need to get back into the habit of grabbing a pack or two with my grocery shops! I've got one pack so far lol! I need to start stocking up on wipes and all the basic stuff like that too.

I'm going to a baby fair in a few weeks time so I'm hoping I may pick up some bargains there and even maybe get a travel system.

A friend of mine is selling a black and pink version of the one you have Lassie so if I was having a girl I would probably have bought it from her as it has been well looked after. Not sure hubby would be too pleased if I put our new little man into a pushchair with pink on it though haha! ;)

How is everyone feeling? I've been getting quite nauseous again on and off. Not to the point of being sick but just off food really, I haven't had much of an appetite at all this pregnancy and just feel like picking at food rather than eating a normal meal. I'm tending to have just fruit and toast or something for lunch otherwise by dinner I just can't eat anything. I feel so full and uncomfortable like I've absolutely stuffed myself.

Getting so much movement still, my bump has dropped and I think the baby is head down but the movement is all over the place so hard to tell. Some is so low down I feel like a hand is going to pop out lol!! Hopefully when I have my scan next week they will tell me the baby is head down and in a good position.

My little boys told me the other day that they wanted a baby each, ds1 wants a boy baby and ds2 wants a lady baby. They have been saying this for ages so I'll be reassured to double check there is only one baby in there at my scan! Although to be honest if I did have another one in there I would be over the moon to have twins if it was a boy and a girl. Very unlikely they didn't spot it at my 18 week scan though! I've still got my tandem buggy too so that would solve a problem there lol!!

luckylass
February 7th, 2013, 03:21 AM
I am the same this end in relation to getting stuff for the baby aswell, have not bought too much. Ds1 has just turned 3 and he is out of his cot so we have just bought a new mattress for that. When Ds2 arrived in the summer of 2011 we bought the Bugaboo Donkey as it just came out at this time and we have bought a new mattress for this and will be using it again with this little one. I also bought the pink canvas set for it. We have just got a buggy board for the back of it for ds1. The maxi cosi car seat I already have again stored away from ds2 and I got a Tommee Tippee Steriliser in the sales for €7 believe it or not and tomme tippee bottles reduced to €19 for a pack of 6. Nappies and bits and pieces I am only starting to pick up on baby offers here when I see them in the supermarket. My mum ordered me a new highchair as a gift as the boys have pretty much wrecked the one I had and dh bought me a new baby bag.

I can not believe how quickly the time is flying in. It is amazing to think that all our little ones will be here in a matter of months. :)

homebirthing princess
February 7th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Home birthing is that a silver cross????
Love it!
And yay, there is someone else that shares my adoration of that style of pram :)
I would have LOVED a silver cross, but from a piracticality perspective, it just wasn't going to happen.
But I'm really happy with what we did get, the Emmaljunga Duo Combi in cream leather. Absolutely adore it :) here it is...

Thank you I've always wanted a vintage pram, its a marmet imperial so not silvercross but basically the same, my mum has brought me it, I got it for £65 off eBay its cost £180 for new lining hood and apron but again my mum helped out...phew lol! Me and hubby are in the process of re lining the inside ourselfs, its very tricky!

Love your pram it looks so cosy bubs is going to love it in there :) xx

Wishing4Pink
February 7th, 2013, 08:21 AM

I'm so pleased with it, can't wait to put willow in there x

Just stunning hun!!! x