PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I think I am actually go to pass on the 12 week scan. We are going to just have the U/S tech write the gender on a card at 20 weeks and open it together at home. We will then reveal the gender later to our families. I just don't want to have a public meltdown in anyway if it's another boy. It's private and I am scared to death.

Sorry about the headaches and hip pain. not that it's any consolation but I have HORRIFIC tailbone pain. I have a chronic issue and the pain has more than doubled since becoming pregnant.

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 01:14 PM
Not crazy at all Shell! I find comfort in the sickness too :-)

Shellbelle
September 14th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Girls, I am so sorry about the pain. Rosie, that's awful! I hope your pain lessens!

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
I hope the pain lessens too, I am going to order a special pillow to sit on, haha. I will look like an old woman!

Shellbelle
September 14th, 2012, 01:18 PM
With my last DS I used one of those balance ball chairs while I was at work, and it helped sooooo much.

homebirthing princess
September 14th, 2012, 01:28 PM
I think I am actually go to pass on the 12 week scan. We are going to just have the U/S tech write the gender on a card at 20 weeks and open it together at home. We will then reveal the gender later to our families. I just don't want to have a public meltdown in anyway if it's another boy. It's private and I am scared to death.

Sorry about the headaches and hip pain. not that it's any consolation but I have HORRIFIC tailbone pain. I have a chronic issue and the pain has more than doubled since becoming pregnant.

I think that's a good idea about the envelope I may have to pinch that one! I to dread hearing boy specialy infront of some1 i dont know, with ds2 the sonographer looked like she almost didn't wanna tell me he was a boy (we took ds1 in wiv us) I kept it together but once home I cried for 2days...but then I went out w brought lots of baby things and soon got used to the idea and he really is a little darling :)
I really pray we all get our desired genders!

Ouch sorry to hear about your tailbone that must be so painful :(
Xx

homebirthing princess
September 14th, 2012, 01:30 PM
I agree shell the sickness altho horrible is definitely reassuring xx

mrshonyez
September 14th, 2012, 01:37 PM
HBP, I've been having horrible headaches too! Also, ha anybody been having crazy dreams? I'm not sure if it's from the unisom or what, but they have been intense!

homebirthing princess
September 14th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mrs...sorry your suffering to they are not nice! And yep my dreams have been very strange and very vivid, mostly about babys gender some about death...others lovely! Hmmmm its all these hormones flying around our bodies! X

mrshonyez
September 14th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Surprisingly I haven't had many dreams about the baby, but the ones that were te most vivid were one where I was in a really bad car accident, and one where the military base we live on got attacked. Pretty scary!! These hormones are pretty crazy lol!

NCBeachyGrl
September 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I just got back from a week out of town! I had another u/s this afternoon and heartbeat was 185....trying not to think about the OWT...but can't deny it made me so happy to see the HB so high!!

Welcome Shellebell and Lassie! So exciting to have you guys join! I have a lot of reading to catch up on!

Cinss
September 14th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hi ladies, i am checking in :) Im due May 20 :) wow so many girl swayers in here already! We are hoping for a blue bundle, but we are just so happy to be pregnant it really doesn't bother us what we get.

Rosie85
September 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
I am having such a hard time. I am literally in tears over my desire for a cold turkey sandwich. I hate all the guilt I would have if I ate it because of course I could get listeria..... :tissue: Dumb stupid rules of food while pregnant! I hate you!

homebirthing princess
September 15th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Rosie are you not allowed to eat cold turkey?? Hmmm were are u from? In the UK there are no rules about cold meat I often have a cold chicken wrap with cheese... Over here they just say stay away from.. booze, soft cheeses like bree ect, liver, pate, shellfish and Parma ham ect! Blimey there is so much us preggos can't eat! Xx

Grace
September 15th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Hi ladies, I haven't been here for a while, but reading your posts every now and then is really helpful. I've been having the most vivid dreams almost from the day I conceived, every few nights I wake up from a night mare all covered in cold sweat.. Plus the horrible hip pains have begun this week, especially at night time. I remember them from previous pregnancies but not so early on (I'm 10 wks now). And I'm trying not to lose my mind over the occasional spotting I've been having, since I got them before too. My 12 week scan is in about a week, so I'm trying to be brave and not call my GYN earlier. Oh, the roller coaster of early pregnancy, can't wait to reach 20weeks in one piece!

mummypink
September 15th, 2012, 04:19 AM
Congrats to those with BFPs that have joined us!

Homebirthing - I think that is a good decision, I would have done the same as it isn't so long to wait and then if they aren't certain of gender at the scan you can always pay and have one afterwards. That's what a friend of mine did as they said at her scan they were 80% certain it was a girl but not to go out and buy pink - after 3 boys she just couldn't wait to find out so got a gender scan booked for the next day and sure enough it was her princess! :D

I've been feeling truly rubbish with morning sickness, all day nausea and I was actually sick the other morning. Before it was getting better by the evening time and at night time but for the last two days it has been continuous. As you all say I'm taking comfort from it that hopefully everything is ok but still so hard! I'm really struggling to come up with things to cook for dinner for the boys, thankfully dh has been a big help and taken over some evenings.

I saw my GP yesterday to get my bloods taken, I took my notes from my last pregnancy to show about the group B strep so he has agreed to test me for it so that's good news. He is truly hopeless though, you can tell he doesn't really see pregnant ladies as he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Plus I was waiting 40 minutes to see him despite having an appointment and they didn't seem to be particularly busy. He then rang me about 2 hours later saying he forgot to fill in an important form to book my 18-20 week ultrasound! Thankfully my midwife did it for me last time so it didn't matter. I've got the midwife for my 12 week appointment so hopefully that will be better!

As well as morning sickness I have a continual kind of period pain that is usually worse in the morning when I wake up, I guess it is just everything stretching but it is pretty uncomfortable.
Pregnancy is so much fun huh?! lol! =D

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 04:29 AM
I am having such a hard time. I am literally in tears over my desire for a cold turkey sandwich. I hate all the guilt I would have if I ate it because of course I could get listeria..... :tissue: Dumb stupid rules of food while pregnant! I hate you!

This pregnancy I had some cold deli turkey and ham and forgot... I was fine.
And I ate cold turkey and ham daily in a salad with DS#1 AND 2 the entire pregnancy..I didn't know about it back then.
Just have a turkey sandwich with heated ham.. or just indulge one time!

Butterfly Spirit
September 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Good thinking :)

I need to find some coupon / specials sites for parents!

Also sites of the private ultrasound places.

homebirthing princess
September 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I wonder why your guidelines are so different from ours? I just checked my pregnancy book the midwife gave me and it says slices of ham turkey ect are fine? I've eaten them through all my pregnancys.....I really miss poached eggs tho wish I could eat those! X

mummypink
September 15th, 2012, 08:35 AM
I've never heard of the cold meat thing either, I have always been told as long as it is cooked well and then stored properly when cold it is totally fine.
Could you just buy a turkey, roast it yourself and then have the meat cold in sandwiches? That way you know it has been cooked properly etc if you're worried about how the deli are storing it?
I found this on the NHS website:
"Some countries advise pregnant women not to eat cold meats or smoked fish because of the risk that the food may contain listeria bacteria. In the UK, pregnant women are not advised to avoid these foods because the risk of infection is so low. However, if you’re concerned, you may choose to avoid them.
You can get listeriosis (which usually results in flu-like symptoms) from food containing listeria bacteria. Although listeriosis is a very rare infection, it’s important to take special precautions during pregnancy. Even a mild form of the illness in a pregnant woman can lead to miscarriage or stillbirth, or severe illness in a newborn baby.
Although it’s safe to eat smoked fish and cooked cold meats, pregnant women are advised to avoid other foods that may contain listeria. These include:
mould-ripened soft cheeses such as brie, camembert, chčvre (a type of goats' cheese) and others with a similar rind
soft blue-veined cheeses, such Danish blue, gorgonzola and roquefort
all types of pâté, including vegetable pâté
To protect against the risk of listeriosis from all ready-to-eat foods, including cold meats and smoked fish, it’s important that you:
eat the food before its use-by date
store it correctly in the fridge at a temperature below 5C"

I really miss runny eggs too Homebirthing, although the majority of the time at the moment I couldn't face eggs in any shape or form lol! We have 8 chickens so get lovely fresh eggs so my boys have dippy eggs quite a lot and they are great for poached eggs being so fresh. :)

NCBeachyGrl
September 15th, 2012, 09:47 AM
Hi ladies, i am checking in :) Im due May 20 :) wow so many girl swayers in here already! We are hoping for a blue bundle, but we are just so happy to be pregnant it really doesn't bother us what we get.

We finally got a blue swayer! Yay!!! Welcome Cinss!

NCBeachyGrl
September 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
My doctor told me about the cold meat thing too...said to always heat it up before eating. But she said you don't have to eat it hot so go ahead and heat it and then eat it cold!

mummypink
September 15th, 2012, 09:58 AM
Sending you all my blue baby dust Cinss! :D

Tiffani3
September 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Welcome cinss xxx

Shellbelle
September 15th, 2012, 12:58 PM
As well as morning sickness I have a continual kind of period pain that is usually worse in the morning when I wake up, I guess it is just everything stretching but it is pretty uncomfortable.
Pregnancy is so much fun huh?! lol! =D

Thank you SO MUCH for posting that you're having these kind of pains -- I am too, and they are freaking me out just a little. I remember the stretching feeling, but I don't remember the cramping feeling like this. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy!

Shellbelle
September 15th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Welcome, Cinss!!!

DH got home last night and I finally told him this morning. He is so excited and is already talking about girl names. I told him that we just don't know yet what it will be, especially with such a weak sway, but he is convinced that this time, it's a girl. LOL

*ruby*
September 16th, 2012, 12:36 AM

I def agree about avoiding cold meat sandwiches while pregnant but if you have it toasted it would be okay.

mummypink
September 16th, 2012, 03:09 AM
Thanks Shell, yep, I don't really remember having this kind of feeling with my others either. I'm putting it down to the fact that it is number 3 and maybe things are stretching quicker than before? My GP wasn't concerned - not that I am massively reassured by that as he is rubbish lol!!
I finally gave in this morning and put on a pair of maternity jeans, they are still a bit big but feel like heaven! My normal jeans aren't tight everywhere but seem to sit awkwardly on the bump that I have, my maternity ones feel soooo comfy in comparison and I clearly have a small bump now! :D x

Cinss
September 16th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Ive started to feel the crampy thing too, its a constant annoying feeling mostly on my left side and if i roll over or stand up too quickly its almost a sharp pain. Hopefully its the same as you guys and nothing to worry about. Im going to book in with a Doctor tomorrow.

Lassie1982
September 16th, 2012, 06:01 AM
i had very AF like cramping on 13,14,15,16 DPO, its only been the last 2 days that i havnt had it, so hopefully it's something completely normal! ( i googled it to death and it seems to be normal)
FX it stops soon for you girls

I am also ridiculously bloated - will post a pic in the belly pic thread.. I checked out my belly pics from my last pregnancy, and it wasn't till the 13-14week mark that i started showing at all!!

pinkin2011
September 16th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I had period cramps with both of mine real bad pains felt like it was coming and I would go to the toilet to make sure. I have spoken to other people and they have had the same thing!

mummypink
September 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I get the sharp pains if I get up too fast or cough too, but I remember having that in my previous pregnancies too.

Mine don't feel like my period is going to start, it is more just like an achy feeling I guess. It has been better today since having maternity jeans on.

We've been out at a festival today with the boys and I've been feeling amazingly pretty good, only had a few points where I felt a bit sick. Even managed to have the picnic lunch, I got home still feeling ok and of course then started worrying maybe something was wrong. At which point I had to go and cook dinner and the nausea hit me again! How typical, feeling rubbish with ms or worrying that it isn't there lol! :wink:
My doppler should be arriving soon so I can hopefully hear the heartbeat in a week or so which should help reassure me everything is ok.

I have been so bad at daydreaming about pink stuff, I went into a shop the other day to get a new wipe-able table cloth and they had loads of adorable pink nursery bedding, blankets and pink bunny toys. Of course I zoomed straight over and started having a look at it all and then had a pang of worry that maybe I'll never get my little princess and had to walk away from it all. Every time I go and get clothes for the boys I can't help but look at the girls stuff on the pretence it is for my niece as she has a birthday coming up. Part of me thinks it is ok to daydream while I can as in a couple of months we will probably know the gender, but part of me doesn't want to even think that it could be a girl because I'm so scared of how I will feel if the u/s shows a boy. :worry:

NCBeachyGrl
September 16th, 2012, 04:34 PM
I am so mad at myself! Between going on vacation and only eating carbs, I have gained 11 lbs in 6 weeks! OMG....I am going to be huge. I have got to get myself back to normal and on the treadmill or I will be as big as a house!

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 02:25 AM
You're not alone NC, I don't even feel like I've been eating loads because of ms but I weighed myself yesterday and I've gained 6lbs already!

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Beachy, I have been so crazy hungry that I'm sure I've already gained, too. Maybe it's our body's reaction to being off the le diet.

I'm having brown spotting and a back ache this morning. Trying not to panic. I've bled with my other pregnancies but it still freaks me out. Calling the dr as soon as they open.

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I think I can officially join you all! :D

I hope it sticks!

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Congratulations Suregena! :D x

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Beachy, I have been so crazy hungry that I'm sure I've already gained, too. Maybe it's our body's reaction to being off the le diet.

I'm having brown spotting and a back ache this morning. Trying not to panic. I've bled with my other pregnancies but it still freaks me out. Calling the dr as soon as they open.

Really hope the spotting stops soon xxx

Butterfly Spirit
September 17th, 2012, 09:06 AM

I hope it sticks!

Well for now you can join them! :P
SO glad you got that test and believe it now! "A line is a line" ;)

Tiffani3
September 17th, 2012, 09:53 AM

Hope everything's ok sweetie xx

Tiffani3
September 17th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Welcome and congratulations suregena xx

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Congrats, suregena!!!!

Thanks, girls. Going in for lab work this morning.

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM

I hope it sticks!

When is your due date Suregena? I will add you to the list! So glad to see you here and loving your test pic!

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Congrats, suregena!!!!

Thanks, girls. Going in for lab work this morning.

Oh no Shell! I am sure everything is OK..it seems common on here...maybe it is the baby aspirin that causes it!

I had my first appt where I actually talked to the dr. He wants to do another ultrasound to check on the bleeding again, but is going to just have me wait until my NT scan. I have it booked!!!! Oct. 4. But, I am thinking of moving it back another week. On Oct. 4, I will be just at 11W6D and I am afraid I won't get a good shot.

What would you do? Keep it at11W6D or move to 12W6D?

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 11:23 AM
I'm not on baby aspirin, so I'm not sure. I had bleeding with my last two pregnancies, but it still really worries me.

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I'm not on baby aspirin, so I'm not sure. I had bleeding with my last two pregnancies, but it still really worries me.

I have my fingers crossed everything is OK. I know it is so scary and it took me a long time to stop freaking out every time I went to the bathroom. Did you have to get on progesterone supps with your other pregnancies?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 17th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Shell my back was really bothering me a few days before and after my bfp. Hope all is well with the spotting. Just wondering when af was due? Wonder if it may be related to that.

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Af was due last Thursday. So maybe that's it! I was on prog supps with my last two and should be on them now, so we'll see. They've already asked for my pharmacy info, but I guess if my levels are good they won't call them in. Thanks y'all!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 11:44 AM
When is your due date Suregena? I will add you to the list! So glad to see you here and loving your test pic!

It should be May 29th if I ovulated when FF said I did.

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
My ms has really eased off today, I think it is probably partly because I had a really good nights sleep last night but I'm not getting paranoid something is wrong. Can't win can we!! :worry:

Tiffani3
September 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM
My ms has really eased off today, I think it is probably partly because I had a really good nights sleep last night but I'm not getting paranoid something is wrong. Can't win can we!! :worry:

Mine went for a week or so and is now back with a vengeance!! Was sick 3 times yesterday!!! Feel totally drained and nauseous again today :(

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Oh no Tiffani! I should make the most of it then! ;) I'm still not feeling great, just not as bad as I was, I'm at the stage of feeling hungry but I don't feel like anything we have in to eat. I really fancy soft white bread which we don't normally buy ... think I will have to go to the shops tomorrow!

Last night I was eating plain pringles with white grapes and must have scoffed half a tube to myself ... ooops!

Rosie85
September 17th, 2012, 02:08 PM
In America, cold cut lunch meats are on the no no list!

I unfortunately dislike toasted subs. I hate the rules of pregnancy so much! haha

Shell-Hope the bleeding stops and all is okay!

Welcome Surgena!!

Mrs_P
September 17th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I am so mad at myself! Between going on vacation and only eating carbs, I have gained 11 lbs in 6 weeks! OMG....I am going to be huge. I have got to get myself back to normal and on the treadmill or I will be as big as a house!

i know i'm sneaking into your bfp post and am not allowed having not graduated but just saw this. Beachy you are not following anyone we've seen your pics you have an amazing figure you'd need more than just a naughty weekend to get that big although am looking forward to seeing a big bump on both you and your lady (i can' help keep checking her tummy - grow woman grow)

Lassie1982
September 17th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Welcome Suregena :)

And Shell - I'm thinking of you, let us know how you go - fx that all is perfectly well :)

Beachy - i'd say choose the date depending on when you will have the following ultrasound after it.
We are having an elective 15week ultrasound privately to determine the gender, so i will be getting the nuchal scan around the 11week mark so that i can get the all clear and tell the world :) BUT if we weren't having the 15week scan (and i had to wait till week 20) then id get the nuchal scan done later so that i can get a good shot and not have to wait so so long to find out - does that make sense?

Wishing4Pink
September 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Welcome Suregena, so nice to see you over here :happy:

Wishing4Pink
September 17th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Shellbelle, big hugs hun. I'm sure everything is fine, let us know how you get on x

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 03:35 PM
i know i'm sneaking into your bfp post and am not allowed having not graduated but just saw this. Beachy you are not following anyone we've seen your pics you have an amazing figure you'd need more than just a naughty weekend to get that big although am looking forward to seeing a big bump on both you and your lady (i can' help keep checking her tummy - grow woman grow)

LMAO! I am growing very big lady! Just you wait and see. LOL!!! You always crack me up!

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Beachy - i'd say choose the date depending on when you will have the following ultrasound after it.
We are having an elective 15week ultrasound privately to determine the gender, so i will be getting the nuchal scan around the 11week mark so that i can get the all clear and tell the world :) BUT if we weren't having the 15week scan (and i had to wait till week 20) then id get the nuchal scan done later so that i can get a good shot and not have to wait so so long to find out - does that make sense?

I am going team green for now so I won't be finding out between 16-20 weeks. I REALLY want to get a good nub shot so I can at least have some idea of what we are having. I am thinking I should move it to when I am 13 weeks.

Tiffani3
September 17th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Nc I would move your scan up then they say there much more accurate at 13 weeks xx

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Thanks everyone. Just got a call back. Thank goodness they have an in house lab. At 4 weeks 1 day my beta is... Almost 1,100??? Going in for another draw and an u/s on Wednesday.

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Nc I would move your scan up then they say there much more accurate at 13 weeks xx

I agree! I want the best shot possible. Poor DH! I am on pelvic rest until they see the pockets of blood are gone so that means he has 3 more weeks of waiting to DTD and we have already been waiting almost 2 weeks. Oh well! I would rather get a good nub shot than DTD! LOL

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 17th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Shell how many dpo are you?

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
3m, I'm 16dpo.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 17th, 2012, 04:20 PM
That's amazing. My beta at 16dpo was only 272. Congrats.

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I was going to ask. I was expecting maybe 300 if it was high. When the nurse told me, I said, "Wow, that's high." She replied, "crazy high." She asked if I was sure about my dates and I said yes. That's why they want an u/s on Wednesday.

DH is totally freaking out. Like, lying on the floor trying to catch his breath. I told him there's nothing to panic about until we see an u/s.

mummypink
September 17th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Sounds good Shellbelle! Have you had twins already in your family or maybe your dates are wrong? Was your af normal last time? xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I wouldn't be surprised. That is pretty high. We'll be anxiously awaiting your update on Wednesday.

Tiffani3
September 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Nc your poor dh another 3 weeks I don't think mine could cope lol!!!

Shell those numbers are amazing does that mean possible twinys???

NCBeachyGrl
September 17th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Wow! That is really high!!! The median for a twin pregnancy (according to beta base) is 402 at 16DPO.

Mrs_P
September 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
twins would be soo cute shell but bloody typical - you wait for months for a baby and two turn up in one go LOL

hope your doing ok and the spotting has stopped

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 17th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Shell maybe you have 3 or 4 in there!!! We'll change your last name to Duggar!!!!

Mrs_P
September 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
:rofl: - 3men

shell didn't you have positive tests the other 2ww that you decided in the end must have been chemicals since af arrived, maybe af was a faker and your 2 or 3 months now

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 04:42 PM
The spotting has stopped, and I'm totally sure about my dates. I even took a test near when I o'd because I was so frustrated with my temps, and it was negative.

No twins in my family, but I did use soy isoflavones last month. I really can't wait to see that u/s lol. I just hope that dh doesnt have a heart attack before then.

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I did have those weird faint positives, and that's why I took an hpt at about cd 14 last month. If I was pg then I would have expected a dark result, but it was stark white. I guess we'll see.

Rosie85
September 17th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Wow! I hope you are either further along or with twins Shell!!

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Oooh, wow - that's a high number! I also took soy isoflavones! But they don't check betas here unless there is some cause for concern... so I'll never know mine.

But, that's very interesting! So that super faint positive was 8dpo which is quite early, isn't it, for me... but I wondered today if that was maybe because of the soy making a good environment to implant in? Who knows?

When did you get your BFP??

Shellbelle
September 17th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I didn't even test again till 10dpo. But that was a clear positive. Not super dark though.

Cinss
September 17th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Welcome Suregena :)

Wow Shellbelle do you really think it could be twins, or even triplets?

suregena
September 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Hey NCBeachy... You updated stats and put my EDD as May 24th... it's 29th, heh. :)

Lassie1982
September 18th, 2012, 02:31 AM
OMG Shell - how exciting!!! (nervewracking, but exciting!)

My DH would be so excited with twins - but probably not so much if they both ended up being boys LOL

Keep us posted!!!

mummypink
September 18th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Would be cool if you found out you were further along then you think Shell, how have you been feeling the last month or so? Can't wait to see what the u/s shows! :) x

mummypink
September 18th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Anyone done the bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda gender test for fun? I had a go this morning, it is supposed to fizz if it is a boy and do nothing if it is a girl. When I first put the pee into the cup with the bicarb of soda it didn't do anything, then I swirled it around and it fizzed lol! So I'm not sure! Think it probably indicates boy, but not sure if it would have fizzed if I hadn't have swirled it around!

Anyone else fancy a go? Be fun to see how many are accurate! :D

Lassie1982
September 18th, 2012, 07:13 AM
Anyone done the bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda gender test for fun? I had a go this morning, it is supposed to fizz if it is a boy and do nothing if it is a girl. When I first put the pee into the cup with the bicarb of soda it didn't do anything, then I swirled it around and it fizzed lol! So I'm not sure! Think it probably indicates boy, but not sure if it would have fizzed if I hadn't have swirled it around!

ooooo i will try - so what do i do exactly??

NCBeachyGrl
September 18th, 2012, 07:41 AM
Hey NCBeachy... You updated stats and put my EDD as May 24th... it's 29th, heh. :)

Pregnancy brain!!!!! Only time in my life I can downplay being dumb! I fixed it. Sorry!

mummypink
September 18th, 2012, 07:49 AM
Lassie - You put a teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda (not baking powder) into a cup and then pour some of your wee onto it. If it fizzes then the theory goes you are having a boy and if it doesn't you are having a girl. :)

Butterfly Spirit
September 18th, 2012, 07:55 AM

I did it twice around ten weeks then 13ish weeks. . Mine fizzed like a soda...so, wrong result!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 18th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I just did it too and it didn't fizzle. But I'll probably be having a boy...lol!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 18th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Ladies I'm so sick I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. I'm taking Zofran and it seemed like it was working, but yesterday and today have been absolutely horrible. Sorry for the whine...

Shellbelle
September 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Shell maybe you have 3 or 4 in there!!! We'll change your last name to Duggar!!!!

That is EXACTLY what I said to DH. You know, before he started hyperventilating and decided to lie down on the floor. :rofl:

Shellbelle
September 18th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Ladies I'm so sick I don't know how I'm going to make it through the day. I'm taking Zofran and it seemed like it was working, but yesterday and today have been absolutely horrible. Sorry for the whine...

I'm so sorry, sweetie! Were you sick like this with your others?

Shellbelle
September 18th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Mummypink, I've felt really really sick since about two days before my bfp (so since maybe 8 dpo). Now I understand why -- with those HCG levels it makes a lot of sense.

It could just be one and I could just have really high numbers. I started freaking out over molar pregnancies, but then when I researched that, they were talking about high HCG as in 63,000, not 1,100. But I did find several people who had levels like mine at 16dpo and there was only one. At the very least, it should mean that this is a strong pregnancy. I hope. Fingers crossed. I'm really nervous about tomorrow and I don't know why.

Mummypink, I will have to try the soda "test"! I had never heard of that one before!

I know that 3m is super sick, but how is everyone else feeling today?

NCBeachyGrl
September 18th, 2012, 10:26 AM

That is awful! I am so sorry you are feeling so bad. My nausea let up at 8 weeks and seems to be much better. I hope it gets better for you too. I know it is so miserable!!

mrshonyez
September 18th, 2012, 11:02 AM
3m, I was the exact same way. Zofran worked at first, but then not so much. The only thing that worked for me was taking the zofran first thing before getting out of bed, then every night taking a unisom tablet (not the gelcaps) and a vitamin b6 pill right before bed. Normally I hate taking medication, especially during pregnancy, but I seriously couldn't function to take care of my other 2 without it. The dr said it was fine too. I forgot to take the unisom/b6 a few nights ago and felt terrible the next day still. Maybe worth a shot? Hope you feel better soon! And hope you other ladies are doing well!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 18th, 2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks ladies. I'm going to call my doc again to see what else I can do. With my last ds I was sick forever so I don't know what's going to happen with this one.

mummypink
September 18th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Really hope it eases up for you soon 3men, morning sickness sucks. Mine eased up yesterday to just a general nauseous and is back today big style. It seems to be worse for me if I haven't had a good nights sleep - and I mean in bed by 9:30pm at the latest! Not great as that is usually when I get most of my work done but I've realised that it is better to go to bed and then be able to do some work the next day then feel so bad I get absolutely nothing done!

I'm hoping that once I hit 12 weeks it eases up a lot, I'm not taking anything for it because I'm a bit paranoid about side effects.

Butterfly - interesting to hear the soda test didn't work for you. Do you know if you are supposed to just add the pee to the soda or if you should swirl it around?

Shell - can't wait to hear the results of your scan! :D xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 18th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I added pee to the banking soda.

Tiffani3
September 18th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I did the baking soda and no fizz for me!! But I think it can depend on what you've eaten/drunk! Not sure it's very accurate?!? Sorry 3m that your feeling so awful I hope you find something to help xx

Tiffani3
September 18th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Good luck with your scan tomorrow shell :)
I've got my 12 week scan on Friday I'm so worried about nubs!!! but also excited that we can finally tell everyone.

NCBeachyGrl
September 18th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Good luck with your scan tomorrow shell :)
I've got my 12 week scan on Friday I'm so worried about nubs!!! but also excited that we can finally tell everyone.

So exciting Tiffani! I hope you get a good nub pic! You have to come back and post right away! I have my 12 week u/s scheduled on Oct. 11. It seems so far away! I hated to push it back a week but I will be 12W6D and HOPEFULLY can get a good nub shot.

Rosie85
September 18th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Hey ladies! Sorry to hear about the terrible sickies 3M :-( Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. I have been feeling pretty good but have a permanent nausea in my throat and little things make me gag like crazy.

I decided for sure not to do the 12 week scan. I don't want to be obsessing over the nubs!

The baking soda test is just as valid as the intelligender urine tests...sooo not very accurate! It has to do with the ph of you urine which can change a lot. I did the baking soda test multiple times and got different results with each one! it also has to be brand new never opened BS to work. Old BS will never fizz.

Tiffani3
September 18th, 2012, 02:06 PM
So exciting Tiffani! I hope you get a good nub pic! You have to come back and post right away! I have my 12 week u/s scheduled on Oct. 11. It seems so far away! I hated to push it back a week but I will be 12W6D and HOPEFULLY can get a good nub shot.

Yeah will post straight away fx I get a good pic will be 12w3d, really worried though xx

suregena
September 18th, 2012, 02:13 PM
All day today I was sitting in work, thinking when I should tell my supervisor and boss. :(

I told them last time when I was 5 1/2 weeks (when I found out) because I was getting real sick already and was very nervous as I had two miscarriages before (the miscarriages happened at a different job.)

Let's just say my experience with these people being pregnant was highly negative. I was new in the position (but still within the NHS.) I was miserable the whole time, belittled and made to feel like crap. Being American, I was still learning a lot of what my rights were over here (much more numerous than in the US) so I allowed myself to be walked on and taken advantage of, really. I was clawing at the door, counting down to maternity leave, to get away. Then my return (10 months later) was completely impossible and a nightmare, with my boss having gotten nothing in order and had to start a month later than I wanted to, so I had a month without pay (I wanted to start after my paid leave stopped at 9 months) and all my bills went unpaid. Utter nightmare...

Since that experience, I've joined the Union, and I know my rights better... but I am STILL scared to tell them and wondering if I should wait until I start getting morning sickness like I did last time, because that will be when I am most likely to be affected at work and want the rights around being pregnant to back me up and protect me if I have to call in sick, etcetera.

Anyway... NOT looking forward to telling them. At all. I think things have gotten better these days, but I still fear they'll look at me with annoyance if I am pregnant. Another girl I work with is going on maternity leave in December so my supervisor is already dealing with her maternity leave stuff... and here I am, about to throw more pregnant news at her!

Oh well, I guess she's just going to have to deal. :x

suregena
September 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
And, sheesh, I was grogggggggggy at work this afternoon. I wanted to close my eyes so bad.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 18th, 2012, 02:33 PM

I have my scan on Oct 17th. My docs ofiice would never let me push it back. They are really strict about being in the 12 week window. I will be 12w2d. I'm not going to obsess too much about these pics because I'm getting a gender scan at 15 weeks. Good luck Tiffani!!

homebirthing princess
September 18th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Sorry to hear your all feeling pants ms is horrible! Fx it eases up for you all soon :) I'm 16wks and still have my yukky days tho fx I haven't been sick since 14wks!
So exciting to hear about all the scans coming up can't wait to see pics (and nubs) ;)
Rosie I totally understand were your coming from re scan, in a way I wish I hadn't seen a nub on mine as its made my obsessing about gender even worse....

Hi to all the newly preggers :)

I'm abit worried at the moment, ds1 is totally convinced I'm having a girl he refers to baby as she and want to kiss his 'sister' goodnight, I said to him that baby could be a boy and he gets angry and says 'no mummy I don't want another stinky brother I only want a sister' :( jeez if we hear boy he's gonna be so upset......no pressure then lol!

Xxx

Lassie1982
September 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM
suregena i gotta run coz I'm getting ready for work but just wanted to say hold out as long as you can before telling.
My boss is going to an absolute prick to me when he finds out. Long story short he has no idea how to do his job, so i do my job, plus his, and then some more. So he is going to have serious issues when i go (i don't mean to sound big headed, i really don't, but deadset that guy can't even string sentence together professionally without me doing it for him) plus a lot of the stuff i do is very specialised analytics so its not as easy as just handing it over to someone....so anyway - he's going to hate that fact that I'm pregnant, he's going wish ill fate on me, and so i am going to avoid telling him for as one as possible....hopefully i can get to the 11 week mark before telling him, mind you if this bloating keep going the way it has been then i will probably have to tell him after the dating scan..

so anyway - point it, is your body, your baby, do whats right for you, and if you think that by telling it going to subject you to any negativity, then keep it to yourself as long as you can :)

NCBeachyGrl
September 18th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I have my scan on Oct 17th. My docs ofiice would never let me push it back. They are really strict about being in the 12 week window. I will be 12w2d. I'm not going to obsess too much about these pics because I'm getting a gender scan at 15 weeks. Good luck Tiffani!!

Yeah...they had to check my dates when I called to reschedule to make sure it was in the 12 week window still. My first appt would have been at 11W6D and I had them move it to 12W6D. So glad they didn't give me a hard time!

NCBeachyGrl
September 18th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I totally agree with Lassie about telling work Suregena. Wait as long as you can!

mummypink
September 18th, 2012, 04:15 PM
My baking soda fizzed when I swirled it Rosie and it was a half used tub, I keep it sealed though so it is as fresh as possible. Just a bit of fun really, I read somewhere it should be the first pee of the day, but as you say just comes down to how alkaline or acidic your pee is lol!

Suregena - sorry to hear you had such an awful time at work last time you were pregnant. I used to work in HR in the UK so I have a good knowledge of employment law etc. Of course you don't have to tell work yet unless your job involves something that may be dangerous while you are pregnant. If you think you may end up calling in sick any time soon though I would probably tell work sooner rather than later so they don't give you hassle about something that is pregnancy related. I really hope you are pleasantly surprised by their reaction as and when you do tell them, really shouldn't be something you are having to worry about!

Homebirthing - my ds1 told me I had a baby in my tummy a week before I got a BFP and he keeps telling me I am having a boy - whereas ds2 says I have 'a lady in my tummy' lol! So one is right and one is wrong! I asked ds1 whether it would be ok if it was a little sister and he didn't look too sure but I think that is more reason to find out at my 19 week scan so we can tell them one way or another. I wouldn't stress too much about what your son says now, I'm sure with a bit of time and a nice toy from his baby sister he would soon think a girl wouldn't be so bad! :)

Good luck with your scan Tiffani! I'm so jealous of you all having 12 week scans, but really looking forward to seeing your pics! :D

Cinss
September 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
3men sorry to hear you are feeling fragile :( have you tried eating ginger buiscuts? I have been getting little sick feelings now and then but i wourked out it happens when i am hungry. I seem to be hungry most of the day though haha.

Oh i feel for you suregena and lassie with work, but stuff them they know that women in their child baring years are likely to fall pregnant at some stage so they really cant act shocked or dissapointed. I would probably try to wait until 12 weeks then notify them in writing with all the dates etc.

I will give the BS test a try tomorrow just for fun, do you have to be a minimum of ? weeks to do it?

Goodluck with your scan shellbelle, maybe you are further along than you thought, even though you had a - PT before af, but there is that show on tv I Didnt Know I Was Pregnant where the tests came up - for some reason for some of the ladies.

Butterfly Spirit
September 18th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Butterfly - interesting to hear the soda test didn't work for you. Do you know if you are supposed to just add the pee to the soda or if you should swirl it around?

I tried it both ways.. poured pee into it and spooned it into it. you don't swirl just look.

If you guys are going to do that test you may as well have fun with the red cabbage test too... just Don't get your hopes up or be disappointed either way. It's only for fun! And it is fun to do, even DH was interested in it. lol

Grace
September 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Hi ladies
I have a scan scheduled for Friday. I'll be 11weeks+1day, but I don't want to postpone it since I've been having some spotting the last couple of weeks and I'm anxious to find out what's going on in there. Anyway, with DS2 I had a scan at 9 or 10 weeks and my dr told me it looked like a boy and she was right, so we'll see what she says this time. Hope you all feel better soon!

mummypink
September 19th, 2012, 03:15 AM
I tried it both ways.. poured pee into it and spooned it into it. you don't swirl just look.

If you guys are going to do that test you may as well have fun with the red cabbage test too... just Don't get your hopes up or be disappointed either way. It's only for fun! And it is fun to do, even DH was interested in it. lol

I'll have to do it again and not swirl it lol! I read about the red cabbage test too - didn't do it because we didn't have any red cabbage in but as you say it does look fun. Something to keep us entertained while waiting for scans and at least they don't cost much to do. :D

mummypink
September 19th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Good luck with with your scan Grace, fingers crossed you see a healthy little bean in there to put your mind at rest. xx

homebirthing princess
September 19th, 2012, 07:05 AM
Morning ladies, just back from my 16wk midwife check up all is good and I'm healthy :) was really nice chatting to the midwife I feel really excited now we talked about me having a homebirth which she was very pleased with as not many 'dare' now lol! Eek I'm having a baby how exciting :)

How's everyone feeling today? Xx

Lassie1982
September 19th, 2012, 07:43 AM
good news bhp :) I can't wait to start midwife visits, and my scans....so exciting :)

I'm good - still trying to hide my bloating !

No morning sickness (never had any with DS either)
Tender sore breasts
Unusually energised at times! But then other moments fatigue hits me like a wave! I think thats probably the raging hormones.

Really trying to stay positive and hope that everything will be ok. I have no reason to suspect otherwise, but stupid things keep popping up in my head like 'it took you so long to conceive, so you will probably have a miscarriage as that goes hand in hand with fertility struggles' (which i KNOW is not true, logically, i know this, so why does my stupid brain thinkit?!) and stupid stats that i shouldn't even think about 'X% of pregnancies miscarry before 12weeks' (my job is in analytics and forecasting, so I'm such a numbers persons that i am my own worst enemy sometimes)

also (and i havnt even told DH this) when i had my blood test at 3w4d, i don't know what the hcg amount was, but when i asked the dr 'is it high' he said 'its lower then we'd expect, but hcg levels are notoriously erroneous when it comes to dating so i wouldn't think twice about it, its definitely positive and you are definitely pregnant' he was all super positive and i didn't ask him for the number (stupid me!) but those 4 stupid words 'lower then we'd expect' keep playing in my head

I know its stupid, i know its irrational and illogical, but i think its because i have wanted this for SO long, and it means SO much that i am petrified of it slipping away ARGGHH :tissue: i hate these thoughts..(I also hate that i am so good at telling everyone else to be positive, hopeful, optimistic, but am a failure at applying that to myself)

Only 6 days, 10hours, and 53 minutes till our dating scan where hopefully everything will turn out just fine !

(sorry - this somehow turned into a whinge and a half)

mummypink
September 19th, 2012, 08:37 AM
So good your midwife appointment went well Homebirthing and that you should be able to have the baby at home like you want to :)

Lassie - sending you a big hug. It is really hard not to get paranoid about miscarriage, I have been exactly the same even though I've had bad morning sickness. As we don't get 12 week scans over here I keep stressing thinking what if we don't hear the heartbeat at my 12 midwife appointment, how long would it be before I found out I'd had a missed miscarriage. Really silly as I know there is nothing I can do about it plus there is a higher probability that everything will be ok. I'm finding it really hard to be excited about being pregnant, as I kind of feel like I will jinx things? Totally stupid I know! I just want to fast forward to about 19 weeks when I can feel the baby moving, have my scan to see everything is ok, and find out the gender so I can get my head around that.
Hopefully the next few weeks will fly by and we will all have happy and healthy pregnancies with our DG as a result at the end :D xx

Tiffani3
September 19th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Good luck grace with your scan friday.

I feel completely the same girls so worried something's gone wrong and ill have the scan on friday and be completely heartbroken let alone worring about nubs gender etc. tried to explain how I felt to dh the week just to be told I was being silly. I think it's natural to feel like that when you can't yet feel the baby moving. My midwife didn't even check the heart beat at my 10w5d appointment and they only phone and say if anythings wrong other wise you hear nothing and that's only for bloods!?

Princess I've asked for a home birth this time have you had one before????

suregena
September 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I'm contemplating a home birth this time, myself! :)

mrshonyez
September 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I kind of wish I could have a home birth! But that's not in the cards for me... My first labor ended with me needing a blood transfusion, and my second my son ended up in the nicu with a collapsed lung, so I'm too scared something else will go wrong this time. I'm already super nervous about labor though, and I've got about 28 weeks left still! I was induced with my first and it was only 6 hours long, then my second I went into labor spontaneously and by the time I got to the hospital, was already 8 cm so everyone had to rush around. That labor was 4 hours... So really it woudl be much easier to just stay home lol!

Tiffani3
September 19th, 2012, 12:26 PM
I had my first two at a birthing centre and ds3 at a hospital which was so awful, not because of the labor but because of the midwifes there his labor was only 3 hours! but also worried when you get to that point in labor when you prefer to die than carry on and totally freak out (or is that just me lol) whether I could cope being at home. Maybe need some meditation exercises or something to be able to cope!!

Tiffani3
September 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Sorry completely change the subject but look what came today for ds3 to announce on friday :)
I'm going to see how long it takes everyone to notice lol

suregena
September 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
suregena i gotta run coz I'm getting ready for work but just wanted to say hold out as long as you can before telling.
My boss is going to an absolute prick to me when he finds out. Long story short he has no idea how to do his job, so i do my job, plus his, and then some more. So he is going to have serious issues when i go (i don't mean to sound big headed, i really don't, but deadset that guy can't even string sentence together professionally without me doing it for him) plus a lot of the stuff i do is very specialised analytics so its not as easy as just handing it over to someone....so anyway - he's going to hate that fact that I'm pregnant, he's going wish ill fate on me, and so i am going to avoid telling him for as one as possible....hopefully i can get to the 11 week mark before telling him, mind you if this bloating keep going the way it has been then i will probably have to tell him after the dating scan..

so anyway - point it, is your body, your baby, do whats right for you, and if you think that by telling it going to subject you to any negativity, then keep it to yourself as long as you can :)

It would be really hard for me to keep it a secret that long... I don't have clothes I can hide in at all! And, if I have bad morning sickness (I had all day nausea with my son and I called into and was off work frequently or left work early...) that would really be hard to hide. I might try to wait as long as I can, though. We'll see what happens. I noticed I'm getting quite bloated today... even the bloating, they'd raise an eyebrow at me! I'm petite and tend to wear form fitting tops and skirts at work... er...

I've been feeling mildly queasy today - that is a good sign but also way earlier than I felt queasy with my son (I got morning sickness from 5 1/2 weeks with my son and had some queasy moments in the days before)

So, the queasiness could just be in my head or something, otherwise it's starting early!

I got the IC tests in the mail today (haha - the ones I was originally waiting for but ended up getting some tests over the weekend because it was driving me crazy looking at that faint positive test from 8dpo) so I went right ahead and pee'd in one with somewhat diluted pee. About even darkness to the control line - so, overall, darker from the previous three tests. All good things. Yeah! :cool:

mrshonyez
September 19th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Super cute!! We did tshirts... BIG brother and lil BIG brother and only 2 people got it right away. We had to pretty much tell everyone else lol! Let us know how it goes!

Rosie85
September 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Ladies I get the same uneasy feelings about miscarriage. This is my third pregnancy and I thought just by the numbers mine was up. I am almost 12 weeks and baby is still there so now I figure something else is wrong. I think it is just human nature.

I think doing a home-birth would be exciting but I don;t feel comfortable with it since I do VBAC's. I also like when the the nurse takes the baby so I can sleep. I am also easily paranoid by medical things that could go wrong and find comfort in the hospital.

Shellbelle
September 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Just popping in for a quick update: I had my scan today and we saw one sac that was measuring about 4 weeks. You could see where I ovulated on my right side, but I had thought it was my left side because I'm still feeling pain there that feels like a CL cyst. They couldn't see anything in the tubes, but I'm going back for another scan in 10 days to make sure that everything is okay.

I am 18dpo today and my beta has doubled since Monday, so now it's somewhere in the 2200s. I asked the dr why this could be and he said he doesn't even want to speculate. I asked if the u/s tech could see more than one sac, and she said, "not today." Apparently it's too early to see much of anything, but when I said "at least there's only one" even the dr said, "we just don't know that for sure." So I guess we wait. We should know more next week, but for now we're thinking it's just one and my levels are just sky high because it's a strong pregnancy. At least we know why the nausea has been so bad, though! LOL

Shellbelle
September 19th, 2012, 02:46 PM
I'm finding it really hard to be excited about being pregnant, as I kind of feel like I will jinx things?

I totally understand how y'all feel, ladies. I can't wear any of my jeans because the bloating is so bad, but I'm afraid to put on anything maternity (those elastic-waist no-panel styles) because it feels like I might be jinxing things, because it's JUST so early. We will get through this!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the update Shellbelle.

Tiffani3
September 19th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Shell glad things want well for you.
Having only one sac don't rule out twins though does it aren't identical twins in the same sac??? xx

mummypink
September 19th, 2012, 03:26 PM
So glad your scan went well Shell! Can't wait to find out whether next week shows twins! Would you be happy if it was?

You're all so brave thinking about homebirths, I have been really lucky with my last two. Pretty quick labours and no pain relief other than acupuncture and hypnobirthing techniques that I learnt on a CD. The hospitals over here are pretty good and you get a room to yourself and your own bathroom. I think I am just paranoid something may go wrong if I stayed at home, the maternity hospital is just over an hours drive away so not like I can just nip there. With ds2 they picked up on the GroupBstrep so I had to have antibiotics during labour to ensure he didn't get poorly, so I don't think a homebirth would be an option for me anyway. My biggest fear this time is that it all happens so fast that I don't get to the hospital in time! I haven't had painful contractions with either of my last labours until about 2 hours before they were born, with ds2 the midwife didn't even check me when I got to the hospital as she said I clearly had a long way to go. She was busy doing something in the room and I said I need to push, she looked at me with a 'I don't think so' look on her face as she had checked me about 10 minutes before and I was 7cm dilated. Dh said 'erm I can see the head' and suddenly she went white and started dashing around, a few other midwifes came in and literally about 2 minutes later ds2 was born! I think because I was quiet and not screaming my head off she just thought I must be exaggerating!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I'm still thinking we should call you Shell Duggar.

Shellbelle
September 19th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Lol, I don't know how I'd feel about it. I don't have any help here, and dh is gone a lot, for weeks at a time. So if I had to go on bed rest or had any complications, it would be really super difficult. Right now, I just want to know that there's at least one healthy, viable bean in there. I'm so thankful that my numbers doubled, but it really hasn't eased my worries about something going wrong.

I would totally do a home birth if dh would be okay with it, but he is SO not.

Love you all!

Shell Duggar ;)

Shellbelle
September 19th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Tiffani, I've read several stories about a second bean being missed at this stage. Both the dr and the tech agreed that its just too early to see everything, so we any rule it out. You can't even see a fetal pole yet. So yes, there's still a chance.

homebirthing princess
September 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I totally understand were your all coming from about worrying...I even said to midwife today I worry more this time as its my 3rd baby can I have another healthy child? I think its only natural to worry!
Glad your scan went well today shell :)
Tiff I bet your so excited about your scan, oh and I love the little top super cute :)

I had a home water birth with ds2 it was utter bliss I went to a hypnobirthing class and found that really helped I used no other pain relief and my labour lasted 1hr the plecenta took 45mins to deliver super super quick :) after I had him I got to use my own bath have tea and toast and snuggle in my own bed with baby and hubby all while ds1 was fast asleep he woke at 6am the nxt morning to find his new little brother :)

For me being in hospital isn't an option I hate them and feel totally unsafe, midwifes are trained to deal with all sorts of dilemmas. I hated my hospital delivery with ds1! Fx all goes well and I can have my hb :)
Is totally recommend all homebirthers to hav a waterbirth!
Xx

spinningmadly
September 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
I am jumping in on here! my due date is may 27 2013 as of now..
betas were doubling last I know. am on progesterone though..
super super nervous this time around since we lost our girl last time at 20 weeks. had an appointment with the peri today and he said he saw one sac (not much to see right now) and that I would see him again at 11 weeks, and my normal ob at 7 weeks. I just hope everything goes well this time.. my last birth was supposed to be a home birth, it did end up being one in a way, but an induced one in which we knew the baby had already passed :( . I did love being supported by all the midwives but I just don't think it's an option for me next time around. I am too scared now of everything. although hospitals scare me too. DS2 was born in a birth center, if I don't end up on heparin bc if clotting issues, I think that will be the best option for me. but I know that this time around I'm going to be need to seen way more and have more u/s for my own peace of mind.. I just hope at some point I'm not so nervous. I don't even want to tell anyone I know .. til the baby is here!

spinningmadly
September 19th, 2012, 05:55 PM
oh and yes after a waterbirth, I get terrified of doing it any other way! the water was great!

Cinss
September 19th, 2012, 07:25 PM
My BS test went fizzy haha. I have been feeling queezy and super tired, im lucky DD still has a 2 hour nap every day because i have been napping with her. And i am hungry all the time, i just want to eat and sleep all day.

Shellbelle
September 19th, 2012, 08:19 PM
My BS test went fizzy haha. I have been feeling queezy and super tired, im lucky DD still has a 2 hour nap every day because i have been napping with her. And i am hungry all the time, i just want to eat and sleep all day.

Oh my goodness, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel awful but I'm so hungry that I feel like I have to eat all day.

spinningmadly
September 19th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Oh my goodness, I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel awful but I'm so hungry that I feel like I have to eat all day.

ugh I just feel like I want to sleep all day lol

Tiffani3
September 20th, 2012, 02:20 AM
Welcome spinningmadly xx

mummypink
September 20th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Congrats on your BFP Spinningmadly, so sorry to hear about your loss last time. I really hope you have a successful pregnancy this time and the next few weeks go quickly for you.

My doppler has arrived today! I know it is still pretty early to try and pic up the heartbeat but I'm just making a cup of tea and then I'm off to lie on the sofa and try and find it lol!

I've been feeling really tired too, in fact I was thinking yesterday how nice it would be if you could go into pregnancy hibernation until you get through all the morning sickness :)

Mae
September 20th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi Ladies!! I'm due May 23, although I haven't been to the Dr. yet. I got my first + hpt at 10 DPO on 9/9 and have been testing every day haha. I have an appointment for next Thursday (6 weeks) and am SO EXCITED . . but of course so nervous and cautious hoping this bean sticks. It's my first pregnancy and I just hope everything goes well.

I love that there are so many home birthers here. I'd love to do it at a birthing center, but my insurance only covers hospital births. I'm planning to at least go natural and will probably get a doula to help (i can be a bit of a pushover!)

GL to all for sweet sticky beans!

spinningmadly
September 20th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Hi Ladies!! I'm due May 23, although I haven't been to the Dr. yet. I got my first + hpt at 10 DPO on 9/9 and have been testing every day haha. I have an appointment for next Thursday (6 weeks) and am SO EXCITED . . but of course so nervous and cautious hoping this bean sticks. It's my first pregnancy and I just hope everything goes well.

I love that there are so many home birthers here. I'd love to do it at a birthing center, but my insurance only covers hospital births. I'm planning to at least go natural and will probably get a doula to help (i can be a bit of a pushover!)

the last time I birthed at the birth center I got an exception from my insurance :)
That might be an option...

NCBeachyGrl
September 20th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Welcome Mae and Spinningmadly!

Spinning - I am so sorry to hear about your loss at 20 weeks. That had to be so devastating and scary. I really wish you a H&H 9 months! Did you sway this time around?

Shelle - so glad to hear your first scan went well! It will be interesting to see if they find 2 babies next scan.

You ladies are all so brave with home births! I just don't have the guts to go through with it. I won't be getting an epidural this time around...last time I made it to the hospital at 8 CM and they tried to give me an epidural...3 times they stuck my back and I was so bruised and in pain for weeks from it. I don't want to do that ever again! I want to get to the hospital, have them break my water, and have the baby very fast!

mummypink
September 20th, 2012, 11:19 AM

Congratulations Mae! Welcome to the group :D

suregena
September 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM
It's 8pm - I can barely keep my eyes open! I've been like this all day. So groggy!

suregena
September 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Can you view this video?:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151241690027125

Anyway, looking at my son, I think I'd be okay with another boy. I LOVE this kid! Hahaha!

spinningmadly
September 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Beachy-
I did a light girl sway this time around.. after the loss I was trying for a couple months but I had retained placenta and didn't know it so I kind of lost momentum, I did continue to sway, avoiding the obvious no -no's and doing vitex etc but I didn't follow my dtd stuff as I kept getting positive OPk's and ended up O'ing really late so..we ended up bding a LOT.. ugh. even DH was getting sick of it LOL

Cinss
September 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM
That link doesnt work for me suregena.

Welcome mae, how exciting your first pregnancy congratulations :)

mummypink
September 21st, 2012, 02:33 AM
The link doesn't work for me either suregena.

I'm worried today, I felt pretty ok yesterday ms wise but still had sore boobs and the crampy kind of pains that I've had from the start. This morning I woke up feeling really normal, my boobs don't hurt anymore and the cramps have pretty much stopped and my ms seems to have gone. Do you think it is because I am nearly 11 weeks so the symptoms are easing or do you think I should be worried something is wrong? :worry:
I couldn't find the heartbeat yesterday on the doppler but I wasn't worried about that as I know it is still pretty early, and I was probably looking in the wrong place anyway.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok xxx

homebirthing princess
September 21st, 2012, 02:46 AM
I wouldn't worry mummy, at 11wks all my symptoms stopped....they soon came back again at 12wks lol as your 11wks the symptoms usually ease up or stop.....everything is fine but I know its hard not to worry! I still really struggle to hear bubs heartbeat don't know why tho even the midwife took her time finding it! Did u try really low down? I found mine low low down and angled to the left!

Just have to moan quick......yesterday I had 3 ppl comment to me about having 3 boys one said the thought is 'to funny' why can't ppl just ask how I'm feeling rather then oh bet u want a girl or its gonna be a boy u know! Ahhh ppl drive me mad!

Welcome newbies congrats on your pregnancies xx

Grace
September 21st, 2012, 02:56 AM
Hey mummy, try not to worry. I'm 11 weeks now and suddenly fancied a strong cup of coffee! I hadn't had proper coffee since I got pg, just the thought of it made me sick, not to mention the smell..so I just had my first cappuccino in months and it was great! I'll be having my NT scan in about 5 hours, hope everything is ok. And congratulations to all the new expecting mothers:fx:

Cinss
September 21st, 2012, 03:36 AM
I know what you mean HP, everyone we have told are all asking us if we want a boy, its such a silly question and i would think the answer is so blaringly obvious, but i guess its the only thing they can think to ask. And yes some of them do find it funny that we could end up with 4 girls.

I seem to be having pretty strong food cravings at the moment, its like i all of a sudden want pretzels and i must have them now! And if i dont have any i must find the closest thing to it, eat it and then i feel tired haha the joys.

So did all you boy mamas notice that your cravings were mostly for savory foods? When i was pregnant with DD i didnt have cravings at all except for ice in the 3rd trimester.

Butterfly Spirit
September 21st, 2012, 03:48 AM
Can you view this video?:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151241690027125

Anyway, looking at my son, I think I'd be okay with another boy. I LOVE this kid! Hahaha!

I can't even view the video so maybe throw it up on youtube so we can see it.

Yes Surgena you have a beautiful cherub, that's for sure! He would LOVE a brother as well, but I hope that you do get the daughter that you've been wanting! I can't wait for your 12 week scan!

mummypink
September 21st, 2012, 04:46 AM
Thanks everyone, fingers crossed you are right. I'm going to put my doppler away for a week so I don't get more paranoid as I am sure it is way too early. The midwife found the hb at 12 weeks with ds1 and 13 weeks with ds2 so hopefully when I have my 12 week appointment she will find it and put my mind at rest!

As you say homebirthing, I may well be feeling terrible again by tomorrow - last time I was worried my ms was easing up then that evening i actually felt really hungry for once and had a good dinner and pudding. Within about 30 mins I had to dash to the loo and then felt so awful I had to lie down for half an hour before I could put the boys to bed.

I am absolutely dreading the comments when everyone knows I am pregnant. Earlier this year we were at a friends party and a lady my dh used to work with said 'are you stopping at two children then' and I said no, that we had always planned to have three. I left the room to sort one of the boys out and heard her giggling to someone sat next to her saying 'I bet she has another boy - or better still twin boys'. It's like, how is that even funny?!! It is just plain nasty actually to laugh about something like that when of course I am sure the majority of people would like to experience being a parent to both a son and a daughter. I just pretended I hadn't heard her but it really upset me.
I'm not really sure what a good response to comments like that is other than maybe 'oh yes, that would be fab!' and pretend that it really wouldn't bother you.
A friend of mine has 3 boys and was so upset when her third was a boy, she decided to have one last attempt and I honestly hoped and prayed for her that she got the little girl that she dreamed of. I was absolutely delighted when I got a call from her to say her scan had shown a little girl. I don't understand why anyone would make nasty comments to someone expecting a baby, whether they know them or not. Better they keep their thoughts to themselves then cause offence.

homebirthing princess
September 21st, 2012, 04:50 AM
Hope your scan goes well grace :)

With my two sons I really craved savory foods ds1 was noodles and salted crisps (together) and with ds2 I liked salted crisps and also loved bacon & cheese sandwiches I ate loads of them :) mind u I did also love chocolate but then I do when I'm not pregnant lol

This time round I'm off most foods but have q craving for dairylea triangles and milk which is something I usually can't bare to smell let alone drink also loving strawberries and tropical juice :)

mummypink
September 21st, 2012, 04:51 AM
So did all you boy mamas notice that your cravings were mostly for savory foods? When i was pregnant with DD i didnt have cravings at all except for ice in the 3rd trimester.

With ds1 I craved cheese on toast, crisps, and chocolate brownies, I couldn't drink tea or coffee because milk always tasted off in them, my ms wasn't too bad I just felt travel sick. With ds2 I didn't really crave anything and just couldn't keep anything down, it was absolutely horrendous ms. This time my ms has probably been in between the two previous times, some days I feel absolutely awful and other days not too bad. I've found it really hard to find something I actually feel like eating, I've been snacking more than having meals and have things like cracker breads with butter, toast with butter, I keep raiding the boys sweet jar, and I've been really fancying fizzy drinks which I don't normally drink. That may be a result of the LE diet though as I had a lot of diet coke on that which I wouldn't normally drink.

I don't think there is a real connection between morning sickness and what gender you're carrying but fun to compare :) x

homebirthing princess
September 21st, 2012, 04:53 AM
Aww mummy thats a horrible thing to say! Really wish ppl would think b4 they speak fx we all get our Desired genders then we can stick 2fingers up at everyone :) xx

Grace
September 21st, 2012, 05:03 AM
With DS1 I had super cravings for savory foods, I remember eating lots of olives. With DS2 it was more like pretzels dipped in peanut butter. Do you think it has to do anything with baby gender? I'm having cravings for savory foods now too. The other day I woke up craving Umeboshi- Japanese pickled plums, they're so tart they make your whole face quiver when you eat them... Well, cravings, go figure. I'm gonna go to the store later and get some

suregena
September 21st, 2012, 06:50 AM
I was craving every American fast food chain I could no longer get here in the UK with my son... er, and chilli!

I couldn't stomach the taste or smell of strong cheddar or... the weirdest one... my husband bought cans of black eyed beans instead of black beans and just looking at the cans I wanted to throw up. Just knowing they were in there was too much! Haha!

Wishing4Pink
September 21st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Good luck with your scan today Grace.

Hello to all the new ladies, congrats!!

I loved chicken tikka masala with ds1, would eat it sometimes for breakfast!!! Although loved bacon sandwiches from what i remember. With ds2 i loved mash and gravy meals. Cannot stand tea or coffee now but love orange juice, carbs and bacon and mushroom rolls but also fruit sweets like starburst etc. I'm normally a chocoholic but haven't touched it or cakes since pregnant. I'm wondering if the lack of salt on the le diet is making me crave it now? x

NCBeachyGrl
September 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
DH has been getting annoyed with me b/c every time we go out to eat, I order something and then hate it. My comment is always "it's too salty". Maybe the LE diet did something to my taste buds after cutting down on salt! With DS1 and DS2, I craved macaroni, fried chicken, and bad things like that. With this one, I can not stand the thought of any kind of meat, I can't cook, and all I want is fruit candy, carbs (bread, muffins, bagels), and then milk and cereal seem good. Lemonade has been good too.

The worst thing with ms has been the smells. Poor DH has this really expensive cologne, but he isn't allowed to wear it anymore b/c it takes me back to the days I was so sick I couldn't move. I immediately smell the cologne and get so nauseaited I can't take it. I hope my ms goes away for good. I am so over it!

Good luck grace! I hope Tiffani comes back soon with her nub shots!!!!

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hi girls had my scan baby measured 12w6d so they changed my due date to the 30th march? I got the most awful pics. The tech paused it to measure the gap between the neck and was such a lovely profile but the pics she's given me are so blurry
I think there look very boyish so not going to put them up on the ultra sound section for people to guess cause I think I'm gonna cry!!!!!! But here's a couple for you all! xx

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 08:41 AM

NCBeachyGrl
September 21st, 2012, 08:44 AM
Tiffani - what a precious little baby!!!!!! So cute! I don't see anything that looks boyish in these. Try to stay positive!

mummypink
September 21st, 2012, 09:16 AM
Awww, thats fantastic Tiffani! I agree with NC I don't see anything boyish so try not to worry too much -impossible I know!! xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 21st, 2012, 09:21 AM
What a great profile pic Tiffani. I would never take a guess at gender because I have absolutely no clue about it. I hope you're doing ok. I hate that ultrasound pics can get us upset instead of making us happy. I really feel that gd robbed me of the joy I SHOULD have felt while pregnant. I hope this baby is your little girl, or you find peace with another wonderful ds.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 21st, 2012, 09:22 AM
NC I can't believe you're 10 weeks!!! I feel like I'm dragging over here. I don't want to rush anything, just the nasty ms!! Hope you're feeling good.

NCBeachyGrl
September 21st, 2012, 09:30 AM
NC I can't believe you're 10 weeks!!! I feel like I'm dragging over here. I don't want to rush anything, just the nasty ms!! Hope you're feeling good.

According to my dates, I should be 10W2D, but when I went for my 8 week scan, they moved my due date back 2 days! That sucked! I can't believe I only have 2 more weeks and then I am out of the first trimester. CRAZY!! I am definitely feeling better, but I do have days where I feel terrible. Yesterday being one of them! It does feel good to be able to get back on here and not get nausea with scrolling and typing. Are you feeling better?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 21st, 2012, 09:56 AM
I'm having a tough time in the afternoon and evening. I'm out of it. My dh turned 39 on Wed and I forgot to say Happy Birthday to him. I felt terrible. And he had to remind me. I really hope it gets better soon. If history repeats itself I'm screwed.

Shellbelle
September 21st, 2012, 10:37 AM
Tiffani, your baby is gorgeous!

homebirthing princess
September 21st, 2012, 10:57 AM
Gorgeous baby tiff and I agree with the others I don't see anything boyish at all! Keep positive hun xx

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Thank you girls
Was so pleased first of all that bub was there! Plus heart beating etc...
Then started looking for the nub on the scanner first of all it looked girly then very boyish arrrrgh gd I hate you. Dh is REALLY cross with me because he says it doesn't matter what it is and being upset doesn't help or change anything! he doesn't understand :(

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 21st, 2012, 11:11 AM
They don't. I wish we didn't understand either. Times like this I certainly wouldn't mind a mans brain...

mummypink
September 21st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Threemen, I've been the same I could quite happily go to bed at the same time as the boys! It has started getting better but I find if I'm in bed later than 10pm I feel awful the next day.

After worrying earlier about my symptoms disappearing my boobs are sore again and I've been feeling nauseous again - phew! It's my third pregnancy you'd think I'd have learnt to relax by now!!!

Sorry your dh doesn't understand Tiffani, mine is the same. I think he thinks I am insane for being so bothered and I was so happy to fall pregnant when I did as he was saying it was the last month of swaying he just wanted us to get pregnant. I wish I didn't care too, I think I always assumed as we planned to have 3 children that we would of course have one of each gender. I mean if you flip a coin the chance of you getting heads three times in a row can't be high?!

For me I'm kind of enjoying the not knowing as I can daydream about having a little girl, but at the same time I'm driving myself insane not wanting to get too excited at the prospect and worrying about how I will feel if it is a boy. I was really surprised with ds2 because the pregnancy was so different I convinced myself it was a girl, I don't think I realised how convinced I was until we were told it was another boy at the u/s and I was totally shocked. I didn't let on to dh, but secretly I felt sad. I knew the ideal situation would be to have another boy and then a girl as we had our first two close together so it would be nice for them to be playmates. However at the same time I knew if our second baby was a girl then the pressure was off for baby 3, I could relax and enjoy the pregnancy and even have a surprise at the birth because it really wouldn't matter which it was.
I know in my heart of hearts that however upset I may feel if we are having another boy that once he is here and I am getting all those precious newborn cuddles I honestly won't care. Of course I will always miss the fact that I never had a daughter and wonder about what she would have looked like etc.
I think at this stage the mental battle is the hardest, once we know the genders of our babies (for those finding out at the scans) we can get our heads around it hopefully enjoy the rest of our pregnancies. xx

suregena
September 21st, 2012, 11:48 AM
I cannot stop thinking about miscarraige today! Grrrrr. And I have gained weight + hugely bloated... I cannot properly suck my tummy in while at work.

Is it weird and wrong that I am desperately waiting for morning sickness so I know things are being as they should be? My first two pregnancies that turned to miscarriages I had no ms with but with my son, I did. Really, it could be another two weeks still before it could potentially kick in, but I'm counting on it for reassurance. :(

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Ok after my major sulk and a couple of tears lol I've booked my self a gender scan on the 17th October. I feel like I need to get the gender out the way and stop wondering and worrying, also so I can really start to enjoy and be greatful about this pregnancy as it will be my last. xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 21st, 2012, 01:14 PM
I have my nt scan the 17th. I hope it's going to be our lucky day Tiffani!!!

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 01:28 PM
Yeah defiantly! Pink wishes for the 17th!! :)

Tiffani3
September 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Grace how did you get on with your scan??? xx

NCBeachyGrl
September 21st, 2012, 01:59 PM
Good for you Tiffani! I really hope you are pleasantly surprised with pink. Good luck to you too 3M&AL! Pink to go around for everyone!!

spinningmadly
September 21st, 2012, 03:02 PM
Surgena,
I feel the same way!! I was sick with my boys and deathly ill with my girl that I lost but I'm so early i keep reminding myself I didnt feel sick the last time til around 6 weeks!
As far as gender goes, I don't have my hopes up as I feel like I had the chance at a girl and lost it :/ I also kept thinking there was no way it was girl but it turned out to be...
also, being on the progesterone suppositories I don't know if some things are preg symptoms or just side effects..

but after everything I know I just want a baby at this point and I also think that 4 is my max so I think maybe one more go around if its a boy....

I got my betas done again today.. I hope I can get the results tomorrow and not wait til Monday..

suregena
September 21st, 2012, 03:39 PM
I don't get betas done here... it's a waiting game. Patience. Trying to relax. Hoping my body is doing the right thing and helping get those little cells multiplying and forming parts of a baby.

I've spoken to a midwife briefly and she will ring me in the next week or two to organize when I have my booking in appointment, probably next month sometime.

I am still so early on... but even after 1 successful pregnancy, I can't help but wonder if my body is a failure at getting these embryos going. I guess I should keep my mouth shut and just trust that things will move smoothly! And hope that the two miscarriages before my son won't repeat again.

Miscarriages are so draining. :(

spinningmadly
September 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
They are draining. I am watched really closely this time because of my previous still birth and possible clotting issues... I've never had betas etc done before .. I don't know if it's more or less stressful to do them

Lassie1982
September 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the new on in this thread - congrats on the BFP's!

Surgena - try and eats lots of pregnancy super foods - lots of fresh fruit and veg, make sure your taking some supplements, and think positive :)

Tiffani and three men - how exciting with your scans! i hope you both have a happy day!!! Make sure you keep us posted :) We will be going for a gender scan at 15 weeks as well, i am trying to tell myself its a boy Ive even brought a little paid of blue booties - i don't want to feel any disappointment. At the moment i feel like i won't be upset, but i worry that i might feel a tad sad at the the time if i hear boy. Poor DH - i reckon it will really get him down, he won't show it, but deep down he will be sad if its not a girl.

Ive been feeling really tired as well and the boobs are so so so sore!!!!!!

Rosie85
September 21st, 2012, 09:22 PM
Tiff my Dh is the same and doesn't understand why it bothers me so much for this babe to be a girl, he says I am crazy and to just stop worrying about what I can't change. I just want to slap him....

Lassie, that's a grand idea..buying those booties. Getting excited for a boy could help ease the GD if it is indeed another boy, I may do the same and buy something cute and blue.

I really feel like I am carrying a girl. Things are so different for this pregnancy and my first two were so similar. I know people say that doesn't mean anything but I know people where it did mean something. I feel more connected to the girl name I have picked out and to girl clothes when i look at them in the store so hopefully that is my intuition saying something!

suregena
September 22nd, 2012, 04:03 AM
I went to the bathroom this morning and when I wiped there was scant brown discharge. I've thrown a pantyliner on just to pay attention if anymore happens.

This is NORMAL around 4ish weeks - right? You see, even though I've been pregnant (three times, technically) before, with my son's pregnancy I had still been post miscarriage so was so fixated on my period starting that I never attributed anything to pregnancy so likely wasn't paying attention.

Also, a very tall IKEA CD bookcase tumbled over onto my son this morning... the little shelves and massive amounts of CDs showering him. His arm got pinned to a chair. He was a little shaken but his arm is okay... but now I have this big pile of CDs and stuff to pick up and pull together but I'm too paranoid because of the light spotting. Grrrr.....

AND I won't see my husband until tomorrow night. So I can't just leave it there all weekend. :(

Cinss
September 22nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Oh suregena im not sure about spotting at 4 weeks, hopefully its nothing to worry about. I had a m/c before DD and i didnt have spotting. For me it was just like a very heavy period starting at 10 weeks.

Butterfly Spirit
September 22nd, 2012, 05:11 AM
:HH: Surgena, I hope it's just implantation still! I would leave the cd thing there...or have your friend come over and help..if you are spotting you should take it easy.

Tiffani3
September 22nd, 2012, 05:14 AM
Oh no suregena I hope your little man is ok? Have you not got a friend who could come round to help you clean up?
Not sure about the spotting but fx everything's ok and was just a little old blood xx

suregena
September 22nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
:HH: Surgena, I hope it's just implantation still! I would leave the cd thing there...or have your friend come over and help..if you are spotting you should take it easy.

I don't have any friends here! :( They're all in America.

Butterfly Spirit
September 22nd, 2012, 05:33 AM
I don't have any friends here! :( They're all in America.

Damn! :(

suregena
September 22nd, 2012, 05:43 AM
And he's fine. I ended up stacking everything and putting it all on my husband's desk to deal with tomorrow. I let my husband know and he's feeling upset that things seem to happen when he has to work away a night and can't get back here.

I wiped again earlier and there was a teeny amount but then nothing. I hope it's just normal. I'm trying to keep myself on the couch...

Grace
September 22nd, 2012, 05:45 AM
Hi everyone, my NT scan went very well. I was quite exited to see that little baby swimming in there, waving its arms and legs and the tiny heart beating. The pictures I got aren't great, so I won't post them. I asked whether there's a sign for baby's gender, and the doc said it's too early, but if she had to guess she'd say boy , cause she saw something pointy between the legs...but it could still be a girl right? I have a scan booked for October 22, so we have another month to enjoy the benefit of the doubt. Oh, and DH told my MIL, haven't heard any nasty remarks yet..

Butterfly Spirit
September 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
That sounds great Grace! :) Isn't it fun to see babes for the first time!

NCBeachyGrl
September 22nd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Suregena - try not to worry too much about the spotting. Dark brown is good! It is the pink or bright red that you would worry about. I am still on pelvic rest (i.e., no sex) and have been on it since 7W5D b/c they found a pocket of blood when they did my u/s. I think it came from taking baby aspirin b/c when I googled it, I found a lot of places where ppl were saying they had the same thing b/c of the baby aspirin.

Finger crossed it is nothing! Glad your son was OK!

suregena
September 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
I'm trying not to. It almost seemed "dry" so I'm hoping that's good. It's just so hard to have any positivity, even after the successful pregnancy of my son, because I know I had two miscarriages in a row before him. It's just always in my mind so this morning threw me off good-thoughts mode. :/

dreamingpink77
September 22nd, 2012, 08:02 AM
Suregena, I had brown spotting at 4weeks with my DS and I thought that it was AF as I did not do a pregnancy test yet at that time. Then it stopped and so I got pregnancy test and it was positive. So it might not be anything serious. I also had more brown spotting at 7weeks and again at 20 or 21 weeks and doctor said that I had placenta previa and most probably all the spotting and blood at 21 weeks was due to it. My baby was still very health and perfect :) I just had to take it easy though till the spotting stopped.

spinningmadly
September 22nd, 2012, 09:16 AM
Surgena
Last time I had spotting and then some bleeding around 10 weeks,u/s never showed where it was from so it was never a concern. I know some women who spot with all their pregnancies and their babies are all fine!

mummypink
September 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sending you a hug Suregena, wish I was still over in Yorkshire then I could have popped over and given you a hand. I know how it feels being the foreigner.
On the spotting brown blood is old blood so don't worry about that, very common when your period would have been due so 4 weeks, 8 weeks etc. With ds1 and this time I had a very small amount of bright red spotting on the day my next period would have been due (8 weeks) that freaked me out big style with ds1 but a scan at 9 weeks showed him to be totally fine. This time I tried not to stress too much and haven't had any more so my GP said it is common and not to worry unless I get pains or more red or pink bleeding. If you are really worried though then maybe go to your nearest early pregnancy unit when your hubby gets back and see if they can give you a scan?

Glad your little boy is ok, so scary when things like that happen! xx

mummypink
September 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM
Glad your scan went well Gracie :) x

Shellbelle
September 22nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
suregena, I'm so glad your little boy is okay! I had a morning of brown spotting on Monday, and nothing since. I know that it's common, but I also know that, no matter what, it still freaks you out. HUGS!

suregena
September 22nd, 2012, 12:56 PM
Well, have had no pain/nothing since, so fingers crossed...

Winngrin
September 22nd, 2012, 01:00 PM
Just checking in on everyone!! Trying to catch up over the next few days.

mummypink
September 22nd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Hey Winngrin, I was wondering where you were. :) Hope everything is going well with you x

Tiffani3
September 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Hi we just announced it to all our family and friends
I've had so many oh it a girl this time or it might be a girl from them all literally all of them!
Everyone loved the jumper it was so sweet xx

NCBeachyGrl
September 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
Hi we just announced it to all our family and friends
I've had so many oh it a girl this time or it might be a girl from them all literally all of them!
Everyone loved the jumper it was so sweet xx

That is so fun! That was so cute!!!

We told our family members informally and they all say they think it will be another boy. Of course! I guess it kind of makes me feel better b/c then they won't be surprised when it is another boy and I won't have ppl getting my hopes up. I'm going through a little gender funk and I'm not sure what I feel about gender.

Tiffani3
September 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
Yeah nc that's how I think! So replied to them all nope it's more than likely a boy! Or when they said ooo could be a girl I said will be a boy!! All the kids kept asking if I wanted a girl so told them I wanted puppy's!!! The look on there faces lol
Hopefully it'll stop now I can take it for one day! xx

spinningmadly
September 22nd, 2012, 07:59 PM
LOL. I hate peoples comments. one time after my baby had died and we buried her, I was at toys r us, we were trying to distract the boys from all the drama going on at home and we had gotten stuff for my niece and nephews bday so it looked like a lot of toys and so she asked how many kids I had, and I pointed to my 2 boys and she said, oh "you don't want a girl?" I was like !??!?!?! Sure I want one, can you magically GIVE me one?? UGH people suck sometimes.

Tiffani3
September 23rd, 2012, 03:35 AM
Im sorry sweetie that must have been so hard! I think I would have thrown a right wobbly at her! Some people are so unreal! xxxx

mummypink
September 23rd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Oh my goodness, some people just don't engage their brains do they. As Tiffani says I don't know how you stopped yourself from having a go at her.

A friend of mine was over for a bbq one time with some other friends, when I was getting some food to bring out they must have all started talking about children and were quizzing her about whether she was going to have any and she should get a move on etc. When I came back I could see she looked really upset, I took her to one side and asked if she was ok and she put a brave face on but admitted that they had been having problems ttc and had a go at IVF even that had failed os had pretty much given up on having children. :( I felt so bad for her, and couldn't believe the others had been going on at her. All cuddling their small babies/ children without a second thought that maybe she may be having problems. Thankfully about 6 months later after giving up on the idea of having children she fell pregnant and now has a beautiful little girl! :)

suregena
September 23rd, 2012, 04:43 AM
No more brown spotting since that initial bit yesterday morning... phew... :/

Grace
September 23rd, 2012, 04:48 AM
People can be so insensitive! When I found out I'm going to have a boy with DS1 I was pretty upset for a couple of days. I remember talking to my neighbor and she said " how is that possible? You wanted a girl!" Naturally she made me laugh but thinking back I guess I'd rather have a clever boy than a thick girl like her! I feel so lucky to have you girls as my friends,in the real world people hardly understand GD or wanting a baby of a certain gender. Of course most of them have kids of both genders so they don't have a right to criticize me over it...

Butterfly Spirit
September 23rd, 2012, 05:45 AM

EXCELLENT!!! I would still stay on pelvic rest meaning no sex and take it a bit easy for about a week. That's what I would do.

suregena
September 23rd, 2012, 05:53 AM
EXCELLENT!!! I would still stay on pelvic rest meaning no sex and take it a bit easy for about a week. That's what I would do.

I already told my husband no sex until after 12 weeks! He's okay with this.

Obviously, I can only rest on the weekends! I don't drive, either, so I am moving during the work week. Well, I'm certainly better this pregnancy than all my others (the two I lost I never took folic acid, and with my son I only started to take it once I found out I was pregnant... this time I've been taking it for months and now I'm taking a prenatal, and I didn't even do a prenatal with my son) so I'm hoping that works in my favor...

homebirthing princess
September 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM

so pleased its stopped now, being pregnant is just so worrying!

Some ppl can be so insentive with regards to gender, I would never dream of saying anything to some1 about babys gender!!

I had a moment today whilst shopping in next, I started looking stupidly at baby girl clothes and the couple beside me were buying eveything I wanted..my eyes filled up and I had to get out of there! Really starting to panick now about my scan coming up :(

mummypink
September 23rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
That's great news Suregena! Fingers crossed you don't get any more :) x

Awww Homebirthing, I know what you mean! The stuff in Next is just so sweet! I keep looking on their website and then try and switch to the boy stuff instead :/ What date is your scan? I really hope you see a little girl on the screen so you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. :) x

homebirthing princess
September 23rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks mummy, I really hope you and every1 on here gets the gender they want too!
Next is a killer for me I love the babygrows they have some gorgeous girly ones I tried to look at the boy stuff but just didn't feel interested, I know I will love baby what ever its just hard to think ill never have a girl.....I'm not very close with my mum I'm the only girl out of 3 boys (tho my little sister was stillborn) she never wants to do 'mum and daughter' things she didn't even what to come see me try on wedding dress!! I'm sure that's where my GD stems from!

My scan is 10th Oct at 3pm so 2wks weds omg! I said to hubby I don't think I wanna find out and he said I need to for my own sanity, I know he'd love a girl to but I don't think his need is as much as mine xxx

ynwa
September 23rd, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hi girls not been round much lately got a few pages to catch up on,still not feeling good and still miserable,how are you all?i have my 1st scan 1st oct,can't wait,going to book 16 week 3d gender scan as soon as I am home from that scan.

suregena
September 23rd, 2012, 04:14 PM
My mom just told me on skype that our family friend (her best friend) said the other day she had a dream she was pregnant with twins and one was blonde and the other was brown hair and both were girls. So my mom said it made more sense when I told her I was pregnant (she's the only person I've told, naturally.)

Someone in my family is currently pregnant with her second baby and due in March and I'm due the end of May. Her baby son's hair is blonde and my son's was brown at birth. So my mom seems to think it's a "sign" that two girls are going to come soon.
I wish I could believe that stuff!

Hmmm - what a tease! :/

mummypink
September 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Awww wouldn't it be fab if it turned out to be true Suregena! :)

Lassie1982
September 23rd, 2012, 06:53 PM
My mom just told me on skype that our family friend (her best friend) said the other day she had a dream she was pregnant with twins and one was blonde and the other was brown hair and both were girls. So my mom said it made more sense when I told her I was pregnant (she's the only person I've told, naturally.)

Someone in my family is currently pregnant with her second baby and due in March and I'm due the end of May. Her baby son's hair is blonde and my son's was brown at birth. So my mom seems to think it's a "sign" that two girls are going to come soon.
I wish I could believe that stuff!

Hmmm - what a tease! :/

oh doesn't stuff like that just give you goosebumps!
I've my family, my sister spoke to my mum afterwards and said "oh i can see her already a gorgeous little girl with ginger ringlets" Ive not spoken about my gender desire to anyone!
Mum was talking about the baby and said mid sentence (without even realising it) "your little daughter" Mum has in the past had a knack for being right about things when she has a feeling.
She hasn't said anything about gender, and i don't think she realised what she said...
but oh gosh i can feel the hope rising and building in me....

suregena
September 23rd, 2012, 07:10 PM
My mom had a dream before I even got pregnant with my son about a brown haired, blue eyed baby... which is definitely what my son is (I have green eyes so it could have gone either way!)

They're all a spooky bunch - with their little baby dreams! Haha! I can only hope they're on to something. :P I won't hold my breath, though. At this rate, I just want to make it to 12 weeks... girl or boy!

Butterfly Spirit
September 23rd, 2012, 09:43 PM
My mom had a dream before I even got pregnant with my son about a brown haired, blue eyed baby... which is definitely what my son is (I have green eyes so it could have gone either way!)

They're all a spooky bunch - with their little baby dreams! Haha! I can only hope they're on to something. :P I won't hold my breath, though. At this rate, I just want to make it to 12 weeks... girl or boy!

I've told you that DH's family all have premontional dreams about things that are going to happen to any of us.. it's a blessing to be warned.. because then we can act accordingly to prevent some bad things from happening.

Here's another I'll share: So I cannot remember who had this dream, but they dreamed that my MIL's sis would be robbed and that they would enter through a downstairs bathroom window and I can't remember other details but.. the family went out one day together and came back to discover that someone had broken in the house through you guessed it.. the downstairs bathroom window. They stole a gun as far as they know there was nothing else taken.

Then of course I've told you my MIL has the gift of seeing every baby before it's born into the family. She saw mine a week before I found out, so when she told me when we went to see her I knew I just had to find out, and sure enough it was true. So when someone in this family has a dream, it means something..and they always share with that person if they dreamed about them.

God blesses some of us with that gift..and I do believe it is real.

I am hoping that dream is real for you too! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 24th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Still sick...how's everyone else feeling? Booked a gender scan Oct 30. Hope everyone had a nice weekend.

HopeandDreamG
September 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Wow 3men you will know soon!!! How exciting :)

mummypink
September 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Exciting about your scan Threemen!

I have days where I feel pretty ok, still a bit nauseous but nothing too unmanageable and then days like today where I just feel so sick and yuck. Dh cooked dinner tonight for the boys which I was relieved at but he made some homemade sausages with garlic in and they smelt so strong! The whole house smelt of it for ages and even though I didn't eat any I ended up in the bathroom being poorly :(.
I made a load of ginger biscuits at the weekend so I've just been nibbling on one in the hope that it helps to ease my stomach a bit.
As awful as it is being poorly though I do feel comforted by it so I can't complain too much.

Hope your starts to ease soon xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I can't believe it!! I'm keeping this to myself too. My dh would think I'm STILL crazy so I'm not letting on. If it's a boy, I'll have to be sad all by myself...

suregena
September 24th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Still no morning sickness yet. I know I still have plenty of time! I'm just waiting for that symptom to know things are as they should be.

Shellbelle
September 24th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I'm so excited about your scan, 3m!

Sick sick sick here. The nausea and exhaustion are overwhelming. DH is annoyed with me because he says "you have 8 more months to go and you're already complaining." :( I keep telling him that, with the amount of hormones in my blood, my body can't adjust, and that I'm not complaining about feeling bad, I'm complaining about the lack of HELP. LOL But he really doesn't get it. Last pregnancy, he was so supportive, and this time he acts like I'm making it all up and being a bit ridiculous. I hope he has an attitude change fast! Maybe things will get better if we see just one bean on Friday's scan.

spinningmadly
September 24th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Surgena- same thing here. sometimes i feel a bit quesy but nothing like I normally get, I get extremely sick when I'm pregnant. I know it usually doesn't kick in until week 6 though.
I had my beta/prog drawn fri but they forgot to run the hcg! urgh! luckily, they had the sample still and are doing it today.

Shell- My husband was great with my first and second pregnancies but with my last one when I had hypermeisis and TWO little kids, he would complain a lot about the house and how I didn't want to do things. It's not that he didn't feel bad it's that if I wasn't ACTIVELY puking in the toilet, he couldn't understand I still felt like absolute crap. He's also OCD about the house which wasn't helpful. Anyway, we had a long talk before this next time and I explained to him part of my fear of getting pregnant again isn't even losing a baby, it's because I need him to be more supportive if I get super sick again..
hope your DH comes around soon :/
I blame my MIL for mine.. lol..she was the kind that never showed much compassion if they felt sick, she'd just send them off and say they were fine

homebirthing princess
September 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Evening ladies just a quickie tonight to say.... I'm finally feeling my bubba move been worried all last wk that I wasn't feeling anything but the past few days I've felt him/her :) this morning I was laying in bed and had my hand low down on my belly and I actually felt a kick from outside! I forgot how brilliant it feels :)

Sorry to hear some of you are still suffering with ms hope it passes quickly!
Hope every1 is ok?
Xx

suregena
September 24th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Surgena- same thing here. sometimes i feel a bit quesy but nothing like I normally get, I get extremely sick when I'm pregnant. I know it usually doesn't kick in until week 6 though.
I had my beta/prog drawn fri but they forgot to run the hcg! urgh! luckily, they had the sample still and are doing it today.

Yeah - I feel nothing, really. A bit more tired, my boobs feel all right, I've had maybe two extremely mild bouts of queasiness the past week but it didn't last long. Definitely have a higher heart rate, though.

I'm just waiting-waiting-waiting to feel sick. I know that is just so ridiculous! :/

Tiffani3
September 24th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I can't believe it!! I'm keeping this to myself too. My dh would think I'm STILL crazy so I'm not letting on. If it's a boy, I'll have to be sad all by myself...

You don't have to be sad 1 its a girl :) 2 you have all of us xxxx

Tiffani3
September 24th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Princess that's so lovely I can't wait to feel the baby moving so exciting xx

spinningmadly
September 24th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yeah - I feel nothing, really. A bit more tired, my boobs feel all right, I've had maybe two extremely mild bouts of queasiness the past week but it didn't last long. Definitely have a higher heart rate, though.

I'm just waiting-waiting-waiting to feel sick. I know that is just so ridiculous! :/

Same exact thing here! but we are also both 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant.. so that's kind of funny.. I bet it's just too early!

suregena
September 24th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Same exact thing here! but we are also both 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant.. so that's kind of funny.. I bet it's just too early!

Here's hoping! When did you work your due date as being? Gosh, we're a due date duo!

spinningmadly
September 24th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Here's hoping! When did you work your due date as being? Gosh, we're a due date duo!

I looked here!
Due date calculator - When is my due date? (http://www.pregnology.com/due-date.php?cycle=28&month=1&day=01&year=2012&o1=2&omonth=9&oday=03&oyear=2012)

it says May 28th!

mummypink
September 24th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Evening ladies just a quickie tonight to say.... I'm finally feeling my bubba move been worried all last wk that I wasn't feeling anything but the past few days I've felt him/her :) this morning I was laying in bed and had my hand low down on my belly and I actually felt a kick from outside! I forgot how brilliant it feels :)

Sorry to hear some of you are still suffering with ms hope it passes quickly!
Hope every1 is ok?
Xx

Awww, that is so lovely! I can't wait to feel movement. I've had a few things that really feel like flutters but it is way too early so I'm sure it is probably just wind lol!! ;)

suregena
September 24th, 2012, 04:27 PM
I looked here!
Due date calculator - When is my due date? (http://www.pregnology.com/due-date.php?cycle=28&month=1&day=01&year=2012&o1=2&omonth=9&oday=03&oyear=2012)

it says May 28th!

That's the only one I've done that puts me at May 30th. Every other one has said May 29th - how odd!

spinningmadly
September 24th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Weird!!!

spinningmadly
September 24th, 2012, 07:05 PM
when is your appointment?

_proudmommyx2
September 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Im due March 13th really hoping for a second boy. All the gender predictions so far have agreed with me, except the baking soda one but oh well lol.

Very tired during the day, dont really sleep too well anymore. Still going to the bathroom nonstop lol.

mummypink
September 25th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Congrats proudmommy! Are you going to wait until the birth to find out the gender or have you got a scan coming up? x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 25th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks so much Tiffani!!! You guys are the best!!

Shellbelle
September 25th, 2012, 11:53 AM
I'm feeling SO much better today that its making me nervous. I don't like feeling so sick, but its really comforting because it tells me that my hormones are still strong. This morning I woke up without that really seasick, dizzy feeling that I've gotten used to waking up to.

NCBeachyGrl
September 25th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Shellebell - I feel so much better too. It is like one day I just woke up and had energy and feel really good. I can eat normal foods again (sort of) and I just don't have the fuzzy brain anymore. I HOPE it stays away for good!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Just wondering if the saying goes if you're carrying a girl you're hot a lot, and if you're carrrying a boy you're cold. I'm freezing all the time!!!!

Rosie85
September 25th, 2012, 01:40 PM
HBP! I am jealous! I love feeling baby move and kick! I am getting anxious for it. DS1 I felt at 16 weeks, DS2 I felt at 14 weeks, so I am hoping within the next few weeks I will feel something!

Both my mother and MIL told me they had dreams about little girls, I hope they are right! I also had a dream about the future and I was holding my baby girl in a hammock swing in the bright sunshine watching my boys play outside. Boy do i hope that comes true :-)