PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Winngrin
September 25th, 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm so jealous of you ladies that feel better! I'm barely hanging in here, I've been to the er once for iv meds and fluids, and am on a lovely daily mixture of Phenergan, Zofran, and Reglan. All of which make me feel like a zombie. I have an appt next week and am praying we can hear the heartbeat.

Cinss
September 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I didnt know about the hot/cold feelings and gender. It is getting really hot here in Queensland atm and i am not really feeling it, i still sleep under a thick doona and DP is complaining saying we just need a sheet and the fan on, but i say its too cold for the fan. I have pretty constant woozy feelings, i usually feel much better after i eat some fruit. I have my first Dr appointment on Friday.

mrshonyez
September 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I'm hoping I'm opposite of the hot/cold gender thing... I was always burning up with my boys but this time I've been colder than usual. Strange! I have my NT scan Thursday morning and I'm dying to see a nub lol. I've been scouring the Internet for pcs and videos, so I'd say I've become a bit 'nubcessed'!

homebirthing princess
September 26th, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm hoping I'm opposite of the hot/cold gender thing... I was always burning up with my boys but this time I've been colder than usual. Strange! I have my NT scan Thursday morning and I'm dying to see a nub lol. I've been scouring the Internet for pcs and videos, so I'd say I've become a bit 'nubcessed'!

Me too I'm so cold this time round but with both my boys I overheated!
And I'm also nubsessed...its a curse lol x

Shellbelle
September 26th, 2012, 09:59 AM
I am cold with this one, too, but I really can't remember how I felt with my others lol. I hope it means girl for me, too!

spinningmadly
September 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I think I was colder with my boys and hot with my girl..but who knows , I think it was different seasons lol
..and I'm always cold..

spinningmadly
September 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
finally got my friday beta it was 992! yay! (mon was 167) so betabase says doubling every 39 hours...

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 26th, 2012, 11:39 AM
I'm so jealous of you ladies that feel better! I'm barely hanging in here, I've been to the er once for iv meds and fluids, and am on a lovely daily mixture of Phenergan, Zofran, and Reglan. All of which make me feel like a zombie. I have an appt next week and am praying we can hear the heartbeat.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm on the same meds, minus the er trip. I feel terrible too. I'm not cut out to be pregnant anymore. I'm really happy this is my last baby. I hope you feel better soon Winngrin.

mrshonyez
September 26th, 2012, 11:49 AM
My first DS was born in Turkey, and we had to stay in a hotel, and I just remember having the air conditioner on and then the windows open and there was about a foot of snow on the ground (mid march) and my poor mom was freezing. I was sooo hot with him, and was the same with my second and he was born in July. So weird how different things can be since I'm freezing now!

That's good news spinning!

suregena
September 26th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I'm getting closer to when morning sickness hit hard with my son - and nothing yet. *is nervous* I guess I still feel it all isn't real and won't until I get knocked over with sick.

Shellbelle
September 26th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Morning sickness is back today. I'm actually relieved. I understand exactly how you feel, suregena: it doesn't feel real if I don't feel sick.

Cinss
September 26th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I'm getting closer to when morning sickness hit hard with my son - and nothing yet. *is nervous* I guess I still feel it all isn't real and won't until I get knocked over with sick.

You may not get nausea at all and it is nothing to worry about. They say every pregnancy is different and you shouldn't expect any of them to feel the same. This is true in my case too, i had no MS with DD, my only symptom with her was tiredness in the 3rd trimester. I have a SIL who got pregnant at the same as me and she feels no nausea and just secretly i think she is a typical girl mum (this is her 1st baby).

suregena
September 26th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I just get nervous because my two miscarried pregnancies, I had no morning sickness or queasiness, or anything.

spinningmadly
September 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I looked back on my last pregnancy, despite it not making it all the way... I was extremely ill, way worse than with the boys, and I was sick my with my boys too. It seemed like it just started to hit around 6 weeks. I remember telling someone at about 5 1/2 weeks i didn't feel pregnant (which is where I am now) because I wasn't sick..
i feel a little relieved my betas have gone up so much
so my point is ...surgena ..enjoy eating while you can!!! and I'll pray it doesn't end in another m/c :(

do they have any idea why you miscarried the other two at 7-8 weeks? are you taking baby aspirin? I know my situation was much different but my peri did mention that losses 8-10 weeks can sometimes be clotting issues as well..

suregena
September 27th, 2012, 03:04 AM
No idea as they won't do investigations until three losses in a row.

I'm happy to report that I woke up very very queasy. I sat at the top of our bedroom stairs trying to figure out how to get to the kitchen three staircases down to the bottom of the house, so I woke up my husband (on his day off!) and asked if he could grab me cereal because I didn't think I was going to make it. Ha. He did and the cereal made me feel much better, but still encouraging to feel sick this morning.

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 03:31 AM
I went to the loo last night before bed and when I wiped (sorry tmi) there was brown blood/ discharge, a fair amount. I put a pad on and got up in the night a couple of times (I didn't sleep too well because I kept worrying I was having a m/c) and there wasn't any on the pad but when I wiped it was still quite dark brown blood.
It was still there this morning but had gone a bit more pinky in colour, and seems to be going back to normal discharge now (about 9am) so I am trying not to stress about it as I know brown blood is old blood.
I checked back in my pregnancy diary from ds1 as I had spotting with him and I had it at 8 weeks and then 10 +4 so about a week earlier than I am now. Sounds like it is the same so I'm trying to stay positive that it is nothing. I had a really fantastic midwife with him and she arranged a scan after the first spotting so at 9 weeks I saw the heartbeat etc and so wasn't that worried with the spotting at 10+4.
I would love to have a scan but I am pretty sure that my new midwife will just say it is one of those things and it is only if it gets heavy and red with cramps that she would recommend a scan. I'm tempted to call her anyway just on the off chance but I have some really important things to do today as I'm in the process of setting a business up. :(

Grace
September 27th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Hey mummy, I've had that kind of spotting every pregnancy. This time it started at about 9 weeks , and at first I convinced myself it was nothing, but after the fifth or sixth time in ten days, I' ve decided to call my GYN. She told me not worry, but take it easy for the next three days. Amazingly, the spotting stopped after I talked to her... So, just take it easy and try not to stress too much. If it happens again, I'd call the midwife. Take care xxx

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Thanks Grace, I had the boys at home with me yesterday and picked up my 3 year old to give him a cuddle as he fell over and hurt himself so I'm thinking maybe I just over did it yesterday.
They are at nursery today so even though I've got some meetings to go to it will be a lot easier day than yesterday so hopefully as you say it is just one of those things.
We just tried to find the heartbeat with the doppler again but I think it is just too early so I'm not going to worry about that.
I think if I have more today I will give the midwife a call in the morning and see what she suggests and if there is any chance of having a scan to put my mind at rest. I have my 12 week appointment with her next Tuesday so it isn't long until I see her anyway.

Thanks so much for reassuring me. xx

spinningmadly
September 27th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I always thought that was silly, who wants to have 3 losses !
I had that Convo with my dr after my loss and that's when she agreed we should run the tests.

NCBeachyGrl
September 27th, 2012, 09:04 AM
mummypink - sorry you are having to worry! Brown blood seems not so worrisome as bright red so my fingers are crossed everything is OK. Gosh....it seems like so many of us have had some type of bleeding this pregnancy. Just shows how common it really is!

mrshonyez
September 27th, 2012, 10:37 AM
So I had my NT scan this morning and the tech said it looks like a boy and that she's only been wrong 4 or 5 times in 5 years... So a daughter may not be in my future :( but I'm happy I can start planning and using his name now! Plus I already have a ton of bou stuff, so that works out too :) I posted my pics in the ultrasound forum if anyone would like to have a look!

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 11:38 AM
mummypink - sorry you are having to worry! Brown blood seems not so worrisome as bright red so my fingers are crossed everything is OK. Gosh....it seems like so many of us have had some type of bleeding this pregnancy. Just shows how common it really is!

Thanks NC, fingers crossed it seems to have stopped. I've been trying to take it easy today just in case. It almost feels like I have pulled a muscle or something at times, so I'm wondering if I did do something when I lifted up my 3 year old yesterday. You're right so many of us have had spotting/ bleeding, it is reassuring that it is so common but at the same time I wish none of us had the worry from it. Hope things are good with you x

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 11:40 AM
So I had my NT scan this morning and the tech said it looks like a boy and that she's only been wrong 4 or 5 times in 5 years... So a daughter may not be in my future :( but I'm happy I can start planning and using his name now! Plus I already have a ton of bou stuff, so that works out too :) I posted my pics in the ultrasound forum if anyone would like to have a look!

Sorry the tech thinks it is a boy but really hope she is wrong! I think I would rather be told boy at that stage and find out later it is actually a girl then the other way around iykwim? Great idea about planning and using a name, I'm trying to chose a boys name too as I think that will be a big help if we find out we are having another boy. So hard to find one we both agree on though lol! xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Great attitude mrshonyez!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 27th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Have you ladies started telling people yet?

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
We've told close family, as in parents and siblings and a couple of close friends but it isn't common knowledge yet, I'm hoping I get to hear the hb at the midwifes next week and then I may feel happier about telling everyone. I'm kind of worried about jinxing it :worry:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM
I saw the hb at my 6 week u/s but I'm still really nervous too. Maybe a few more weeks.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 27th, 2012, 12:10 PM
And I just noticed my little friend is now a fetus!!! woohoo

NCBeachyGrl
September 27th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Sorry she told you boy, but you have such a great attitude!! It isn't final until you see the goods for sure so try to keep some hope!

Shellbelle
September 27th, 2012, 12:56 PM

But she HAS been wrong in 5 years. :) I'll have to go look at the pics now! And I love your attitude, sweetie.

Tiffani3
September 27th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oh mrshonyez sorry she told you boy already, I'm sure it's so much more accurate 16 weeks onwards so there is still hope there ;) are you going to have a gender scan done? plus she has been wrong before fx she's wrong again!!! xx

Shellbelle
September 27th, 2012, 01:53 PM

We've told close family because I need help with childcare while I go to doctor appointments. And then DH has told people at his job because of some of the changes they've made recently. I'd like to hold off telling anyone else until 12 weeks, but I'm already looking so huge that I'm sure our neighbors and all of our homeschool co-op friends are already guessing. Seriously. Huge.

homebirthing princess
September 27th, 2012, 02:59 PM
mummy im sorry to hear youve had to worry about spotting really hope everything is ok now? im sure it is as brown spotting is very common!

mrshonyez, im sorry you heard boy but you have a fantastic additude i think its a great idea to name 'him' ect...but remember nothing is set in stone yet so dont loose all hope xx

mummypink
September 27th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Thanks homebirthing, it does seem to have stopped fingers crossed so I'm trying not to worry about it. As you say spotting with brown blood does seem to be really common which is reassuring. xx

mrshonyez
September 27th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Mummypink, I hope you don't have any more spotting!! I had a bit this pregnancy too. Thanks ladies, of course I'm sad about the idea of not having a daughter... But looking at that face, how could I not fall in love? I really really thought this was my girl, and I know there's a chance she could be wrong, but I doubt it. I just keep thinking of things I coulda done different in my sway, but obviously this little guy was meant to be. And I know we're still young, but DH wanted to stop after 2 so I was surprised he agreed to a 3rd and don't see him going for 4.

Cinss
September 27th, 2012, 05:22 PM

We have told our families and close friends, everyone knew we were trying for so long so it was no surprise. We will announce on FB at 12 weeks though.

I have lower back pain atm, it started yesterday after i drove my car, its annoying and the first time i have had it. Everyone with more than 1 child has told me not to expect my pregnancy to be the same as my first and i didnt believe it but it is so different, i wonder if it is because i am older now that things are taking their toll on me.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 27th, 2012, 06:13 PM
Cinss my back ached for the first time before and after I found out I was pregnant. Nothing is ever the same. Hope it feels better soon. And I'm an old lady...turned 37 in July.

spinningmadly
September 27th, 2012, 06:37 PM
We've told close family because I need help with childcare while I go to doctor appointments. And then DH has told people at his job because of some of the changes they've made recently. I'd like to hold off telling anyone else until 12 weeks, but I'm already looking so huge that I'm sure our neighbors and all of our homeschool co-op friends are already guessing. Seriously. Huge.

Same here!! I look HUGE!!! Already!! I don't know if its the progesterone or what but I'm not bloated, I'm just looking pregnant already! And I'm also not eating more so I don't know what's going on. With my boys I didn't show til 4-5 months barely and I was tiny the last time too.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I'm not obsessing, just wondering if you ladies could answer a question for me...when I swayed I only took 1 Zyrtec a little over 12 hours before my attempt. I saw a post from Atomic that said you can take it 6 hours before. I'm just wondering if 1 pill alone can help dry up cm? I only did 1 attempt but I've never taken it before so I'm not sure what it can do. Does anybody have experience with taking Zyrtec?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Shell did you have another scan today?

suregena
September 28th, 2012, 03:41 PM

I've only told my mother. I'm thinking I won't tell anyone else until 12 weeks. With my son, I told everyone when I had a scan at 9 weeks because I had cramps and was terrified something bad was happening (my third pregnancy, remember... but at that point, it was the furthest I ever got to) and saw this perfectly measuring 9 week fetus with a beating heart and I felt like it must have been it... so I shared with everyone! :) But I feel like waiting until 12 weeks this time, for some reason... if nothing else, because it will be much more fun to surprise people by sharing a 12 week ultrasound.

The past two mornings I have been queasy. That's got to be a good sign...

For most of the day I go from feeling hungry to "blah"... like I've overeaten-type feeling.

Shellbelle
September 28th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Shell did you have another scan today?

Yes ma'am. Still waiting to see the dr but we only saw one, measuring about 6 weeks. And a heartbeat!

spinningmadly
September 28th, 2012, 03:55 PM
oh good ! I am so nervous for my u/s, it's not until the 10th and I'll be 7 weeks 2 days then.
I am thinking of pushing it up but don't want to make it too soon and not see anything and then be upset :/

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I'm not obsessing, just wondering if you ladies could answer a question for me...when I swayed I only took 1 Zyrtec a little over 12 hours before my attempt. I saw a post from Atomic that said you can take it 6 hours before. I'm just wondering if 1 pill alone can help dry up cm? I only did 1 attempt but I've never taken it before so I'm not sure what it can do. Does anybody have experience with taking Zyrtec?

I took Zyrtec with my sway and it is kind of hard to say b/c I had no EW CM anyways. But, I do remember that AS said to make sure you took it far enough in advance of your sway b/c sometimes it can take 24 hours to start working (I think that is right) and that you don't want to take it past +OPK b/c it could dry you out too much. Hopefully it helped my sway!

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Yes ma'am. Still waiting to see the dr but we only saw one, measuring about 6 weeks. And a heartbeat!

Great news!!! I knew someone had an appt. today!

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 04:21 PM

Yay that's wonderful xx

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM

I think it's suppose to hun! I took it with my sway too, was v dry down there anyway from the diet!
Are you having a panic about your sway? xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 05:13 PM
I don't know what I'm doing Tiffani. I think I'm a bit depressed because I'm still so sick. I feel really bad for my kids. We are usually very busy and this ms has stopped me dead in my tracks.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I feel like time is dragging and can't imaging going like this for months...mine lasts a while. My dh works 2 jobs and he's not home tonight. So I'm feeling extra blah today. It doesn't help that it's been raining all day either.

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Oh sweetie, you sound really fed up :(
Big hugs I hope the sickness starts to wear off for you soon xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Thank you Tiffani. I don't want to sound ungrateful, I just wish I could enjoy this instead of feeling the way I do.

spinningmadly
September 28th, 2012, 05:25 PM
I don't know what I'm doing Tiffani. I think I'm a bit depressed because I'm still so sick. I feel really bad for my kids. We are usually very busy and this ms has stopped me dead in my tracks.

I'm so sorry. I had hypermeisis with my last pregnancy and I know how awful it is and I also felt awful for my kids.
I think that is why I really want a DD, not because I don't want more kids, but I just can't deal with the pregnancy again if its bad, especially if I was to have another child to watch. I felt bad for not playing with them etc , it's hardest for the littlest ones I'm sure. I don't know how much your 7 year old understands but maybe he can help a bit at least?
But they will love to have another sibling I'm sure and all of this is worth it! (clearly I thought so because I am pregnant again..) Do you have friend/family that can help you? or make meals for you to freeze etc?
I know it's awful and there is nothing that makes it feel better but sometimes it feels good to be reminded that there is a nice reward at the end (a baby!)
I had a friend who also gets extremely sick with her pregnancies, she told me that it helped to look on baby center as to how the baby was growing and developing etc so that she could remind herself that this was what her body was working on and growing.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 28th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'm so sorry. I had hypermeisis with my last pregnancy and I know how awful it is and I also felt awful for my kids.
I think that is why I really want a DD, not because I don't want more kids, but I just can't deal with the pregnancy again if its bad, especially if I was to have another child to watch. I felt bad for not playing with them etc , it's hardest for the littlest ones I'm sure. I don't know how much your 7 year old understands but maybe he can help a bit at least?
But they will love to have another sibling I'm sure and all of this is worth it! (clearly I thought so because I am pregnant again..) Do you have friend/family that can help you? or make meals for you to freeze etc?
I know it's awful and there is nothing that makes it feel better but sometimes it feels good to be reminded that there is a nice reward at the end (a baby!)
I had a friend who also gets extremely sick with her pregnancies, she told me that it helped to look on baby center as to how the baby was growing and developing etc so that she could remind herself that this was what her body was working on and growing.

Thanks so much for this response. I do have my parents right around the corner and they've been great. I wish we had a meal plan of sorts because my kids have been eating pasta almost every night. I need to keep reminding myself that there is a wonderful reward at the end, I just pray it's a girl.

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Totally understand, personally think its the worst part of being pg. I haven't functioned properly for weeks then I get a random day of feeling really good full of energy no nauseous etc then the next day I feel completely awful again. Wish it had a time limit so at least you knew when it would end. Lol and we wish this on our selfs! xx

spinningmadly
September 28th, 2012, 06:08 PM
ThreeMenAndALAdy - do you have friends nearby that can set up some kind of schedule to share making meals and freezing them for you? I hate asking for help and I always assumed my friends knew how awful I was doing but really they didn't and didn't want to bother them asking for help since they all are busy, but the truth was they just didn't know, once they knew how sick I was, everyone was trying to help and trying to make meals and it adds up quick and helps a lot.
Glad your parents are nearby! that must be a relief.

Cinss
September 28th, 2012, 06:31 PM
I had my first Dr appointment yesterday and it was a bit strange, my Dr told me that the way she likes to do things with antinatal care is see me once a month for the first 28 weeks, is this the schedule you guys are all on? Last time i think i only had to go see her about 3 or 4 times through the whole pregnancy. I wonder why she would want me back there every month? I looked a bit confused when she was explaining it to me, mostly because of the cost it is going to add up to and she said i don't have to stay with her, there are other doctors that will put me on share care with the hospital for free, but she likes to be thorough and charges full price. I dont know if i should stay with her, i feel like maybe she is just trying to make a lot of money, but then i think she must be passionate and caring, i am confused. I have to make a decision soon because she wouldn't give me a referal to the ultrasound place until i commit to her care.

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I live in the US and go in every 4 weeks for visit with a doctor until 32 weeks then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks then weekly until birth. They have to do gestational diabetes testing, urine screening, check baby hb, etc.. that I wouldn't feel good about going any less than that! I have insurance and all visits are covered 100% so I do not have to pay anything. But, my dr. office does make us pay delivery fees ($1,500 after insurance) up front. So, I am on a monthly payment plan to have that paid by 7 months.

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Threemen - huge hugs to you :hugs: I totally feel for you and know how awful it is. I really hope you get better and can get back to normal. My ms has gotten beter, but today was a bad day and I felt sick and out of control with the kids. I have this strange eye pain and I think I have some kind of virus. I have been so tired and not able to do anything today!

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Wow $1,500 to deliver your baby?? xx

spinningmadly
September 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM
I'm in the US as well and I think it depends on who you see partially. Most OBs do exactly what beachy said. I know with my midwife with DS2 I stretched it out to every 7-8 weeks for the first part and at the end every 3 weeks maybe? but he came earlier than we thought so I didn't see her that much. he had no issues etc.
This time around I am high risk so I will be seeing someone every couple weeks.
I think it depends on what you are comfortable with? I know with DS2 I wasn't nervous at all and it was sufficient. This time around the peri has told me a lot of my appts won't be for medical reasons but just to make me feel better.

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Wow $1,500 to deliver your baby?? xx

Yes! Crazy huh! I can't imagine what it would be for ppl without insurance. And, this only covers the OB costs. We also have hospital fees and pediatrician fees for doing baby care. I have a health savings account so luckily, I just pay it and then get reimbursed. But, I have to take that money out of my paychecks pre-tax.

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Yes! Crazy huh! I can't imagine what it would be for ppl without insurance. And, this only covers the OB costs. We also have hospital fees and pediatrician fees for doing baby care. I have a health savings account so luckily, I just pay it and then get reimbursed. But, I have to take that money out of my paychecks pre-tax.

Omg I did not know that!
We have the nhs here so don't have to pay at all! Well unless you want to go private!
Maybe why we have so many teen pg's over here as they get a free house too lol xx

Shellbelle
September 28th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Our schedule is like beachy's. Our doctor has the same delivery policy, too. We have good insurance and with our last, we paid 750 out of pocket (after insurance) for the dr, another 650 or so for the hospital, and about 625 for the pediatrician. That was with a vaginal birth.

Tiffani3
September 28th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Wow it all adds up. God I'd want the doctor to move in with me if I had to pay all of that! I take it you do get really amazing care though? xx

Lassie1982
September 28th, 2012, 07:17 PM
I had my first Dr appointment yesterday and it was a bit strange, my Dr told me that the way she likes to do things with antinatal care is see me once a month for the first 28 weeks, is this the schedule you guys are all on? Last time i think i only had to go see her about 3 or 4 times through the whole pregnancy. I wonder why she would want me back there every month? I looked a bit confused when she was explaining it to me, mostly because of the cost it is going to add up to and she said i don't have to stay with her, there are other doctors that will put me on share care with the hospital for free, but she likes to be thorough and charges full price. I dont know if i should stay with her, i feel like maybe she is just trying to make a lot of money, but then i think she must be passionate and caring, i am confused. I have to make a decision soon because she wouldn't give me a referal to the ultrasound place until i commit to her care.

Hey Cinns, Im going through shared care at the local hospital, and the initial consult is at 10weeks, then at 18weeks....from memory with DS it was every 6 weeks till after 30weeks, and it went to fortnightly. Others that i know of that went through the public system did a similar thing (unless there is something wrong, then they obviously get you in more often)

I really think it comes down to personal choice, if everything is going well, and you are healthy, and not a high risk category then i personally don't think you *need* to have the visits that frequently. Im sure the dr is very caring, and that she does genuinely have your bests interests at heart, its probably routine that she does the visits that often, but of course part of that will be a financial incentive as well. That said, if you guys can afford it, it won't hurt :)

We decided to go public because we were perfectly happy last time round with DS, and i had heard many stories of less then adequate service through the Dr route (things going unnoticed, dr not being there at delivery) just little stuff that made us think, what the point in paying......

It entirely comes down to personal preference, either way i think you and bubba will be in good hands and well looked after :)

Shellbelle
September 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Wow it all adds up. God I'd want the doctor to move in with me if I had to pay all of that! I take it you do get really amazing care though? xx

I have with all mine. The cost doesn't change if you go in a lot, so if I had bleeding (which I did) or something they'd tell me to come right in for a scan or to hear the hb on the Doppler. No waiting for approval, etc, so that is nice. We just pay it out. I don't know what we'd do without insurance though.

NCBeachyGrl
September 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM

I would like to think so, but not sure sometimes! We pretty much can call and ask any question anytime and come in anytime for a visit if something is up. Our dr. office has like 10 different obstetricians and we rotate and see a different one each time we come in. But I think that is mostly because I live in a smaller town. But, as soon as we go into labor the dr is called to the hospital and since my office rotates, the doc on call is the one who will deliver (unless the shift changes b/c you have been there so long). I would be interested to go through the healthcare system in another country just to see how different it is!

baby2ontheway
September 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Hi all just wanted to see if there was a vacancy here for me :) bub is actually due 10th march but had an horrendous pregnancy with dd1 and ended up With emergency c section so chose elective c this time and bub will arrive 27th feb. only 16+5 at this point but due for next scan on Thursday hoping bub will co-operate so I can find out blue or pink.. Have spent a lot of time trawling ultrasound prediction page and so far mostly girl guesses but some boy.. Looking forward to regular catch up with u all xxx

Shellbelle
September 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Welcome, baby2! And congrats! I hope your little bean cooperates next week!

Tiffani3
September 29th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Welcome baby2 what gender are you hoping for, and did you sway at all? xx

Cinss
September 29th, 2012, 04:13 AM
Hi Baby2 welcome :)

baby2ontheway
September 29th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Hi tiff and ladies yes but my only real sway was perfect timing, did the dance 3 hours after ovulation.. Took us 6 months to conceive this time so got a good 6 months practice into tracking ovulation.. Certainly teaches you a lot about your body.. hoping for a boy but happy no matter what x

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Congrats Baby2 and welcome to the group! :)

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Omg I did not know that!
We have the nhs here so don't have to pay at all! Well unless you want to go private!
Maybe why we have so many teen pg's over here as they get a free house too lol xx

There's still plenty of teen pregnancies everywhere, to be honest - cost is usually not the factor in that!

I'm American in the UK so I am VERY grateful for the NHS. I'm actually employed by the NHS (used to work at a hospital in the US, too... so vastly different experiences....) also, which makes me even more fiercely supportive of the work they do. I think the NHS is AMAZING.

And let's just say... some of the arguments I've gotten in with my family at home has been insane. I always love when they try to school me about Universal/Socialized healthcare, yet I'm the one who actually lives here, works for the NHS, has been a patient in the NHS, has had a baby on the NHS, etcetera.

The beauty of it all is that if you *want* to, you can go private... but MOST people choose not to, because the care you get with the NHS is just as good and if not, better...

I've had people calling me asking how soon I can book them in for an MRI and I'd tell them we have an appointment free the following week and they're like, "Oh, but that's what the private hospital was offering me!"

*stops rambling*

I LOVE THE NHS! :)
And I'm American. Woohooooooooooo.

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Wow it sounds so expensive to get medical care in the US! I'm over in Norway and we have a system a bit like the NHS, normally we have to pay the first approx £15 when we go and see the doctor and the rest is covered by the state. When you are pregnant it is totally free and everything is covered regardless of how many appointments you make or even if your appointment is pregnancy related. The midwife is free too, as is hospital care when you deliver the baby and with my previous pregnancies I've had my own room and bathroom during my hospital stay. You're encouraged to stay in hospital about 4 days to make sure you are fully rested and baby is feeding well.
Children get free healthcare up to the age of about 18 I think too.

What happens in the US if you can't afford medical care and don't have insurance?

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 06:54 AM

Congrats! That is great news. :D

NCBeachyGrl
September 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Wow it sounds so expensive to get medical care in the US! I'm over in Norway and we have a system a bit like the NHS, normally we have to pay the first approx £15 when we go and see the doctor and the rest is covered by the state. When you are pregnant it is totally free and everything is covered regardless of how many appointments you make or even if your appointment is pregnancy related. The midwife is free too, as is hospital care when you deliver the baby and with my previous pregnancies I've had my own room and bathroom during my hospital stay. You're encouraged to stay in hospital about 4 days to make sure you are fully rested and baby is feeding well.
Children get free healthcare up to the age of about 18 I think too.

What happens in the US if you can't afford medical care and don't have insurance?

People who can't afford insurance can get government assistance that pays for everything pretty much. Not everyone qualifies though. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of ppl out there that just rack up medical bills and can never afford to pay it back.

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 06:59 AM

Wow Cinss, over here it's standard practice. You start going in at 10-12 weeks prego and once a month until the final month then it's once a week!!! YOU ARE LUCKY you don't have to go in, I hate it and think it's pointless and costly.. I have my own doppler.. i'll just go in for tests! lol

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM
People who can't afford insurance can get government assistance that pays for everything pretty much. Not everyone qualifies though. Unfortunately, I think there are a lot of ppl out there that just rack up medical bills and can never afford to pay it back.

It's true. Medicaid will pay for anything your insurance won't from pregnancy to delivery.. and some people that don't have insurance just rely primarily on medicaid..
But you have to have a low income to qualify.

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 07:07 AM
I guess that's not so bad then, I had an image of people having to get their dh to deliver their babies because they couldn't afford to go to hospital! ;)

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:14 AM
I would like to think so, but not sure sometimes! We pretty much can call and ask any question anytime and come in anytime for a visit if something is up. Our dr. office has like 10 different obstetricians and we rotate and see a different one each time we come in. But I think that is mostly because I live in a smaller town. But, as soon as we go into labor the dr is called to the hospital and since my office rotates, the doc on call is the one who will deliver (unless the shift changes b/c you have been there so long). I would be interested to go through the healthcare system in another country just to see how different it is!

Here we have a similar thing (in the UK.) In terms of comparison, I much prefer the NHS over the US healthcare system. Is that because it's less stressful to me? Probably a lot of it is, but I also found the care a lot more focused and caring. As a lot of the healthcare experience in the US is heavily money-driven, while I do not think for a moment they do not care, I also think there will be a lot of other factors that come into play in how they provide and what they provide. Prescription costs are mind-blowing there, whereas here when you are pregnant, all prescriptions are free. All children under 16 are free. All low-income are free and all retire age (can't remember the exact age) is free. Everyone else pays a flat fee of £7.65, no matter the amount (i.e. how many pills you are given) of the drug - no matter what the drug.

I worked in Radiology in the US and now I do the same here, and the experiences in contrast are so different. There, for cancer patients, I would have to ask for and receive thousands of dollars prior to their PET/CT/MRI scan. I felt dirty doing this. It felt incredibly unethical to me (because it is.) I would get people screaming at me because they "had insurance" and shouldn't have to pay that much, and I would have to explain that this is what their insurance company has requested that they must pay up front, or if they hadn't covered their deductible yet, etcetera. And then the patients who had NO insurance coverage and going through cancer treatment? Just unbelievable, the costs. I mean - who in their right mind would think this is okay? As if they weren't going through enough as it is to begin with...

Here, patients whom are outpatients get seen, according to their urgency... i.e. cancer is fast track, urgents, and routines. But no one is left on a trolley dying, despite what some people have liked to spread around about socialized healthcare in the US. No one is asked for money. No one is turned away. You are treated based on need. If you need it, you got it.

In the US, I got fired from a job because I had chickenpox (and I ended up going to the ER at one point which I got a bill of $600 for sitting around for 5 hours. I wasn't even given a tylenol while there, just sat in a quarantine room with a dangerously high fever.)
I lost a job because it was the day I qualified for health insurance, and she decided (without saying it) that they didn't want to pay out, and instead (through what coworkers told me later on) had replaced me with two part-time employees (because part-time employees don't qualify for health insurance coverage through the employer at all - a bonus saving to them.)

Here? During my two miscarriages, I was signed off work from the GP (doctor) both times, for 2 weeks... with pay, and I was NOT fired. Morning sickness? I was off work quite a bit... but I was NOT fired.

As you can see, my whole perception is constantly comparing my experiences. I didn't even really know of the existence of the NHS until I met my husband. And then when I moved here, I began to experience it first hand, and I was really impressed. Especially when I found a lump in my breast and the speedy fast track investigations I was put through after to come to the speedy conclusion that it was okay and not cancer. Ultrasounds, specialist consultants, etc... all free.

Outpatient surgery in the US? For me, with insurance, that was $400... not including the specialist consultant visit cost. I had to get help to afford it as I didn't make that much money.

I worked in an Neonatal/Special Care Baby Unit as my first proper job here in the UK (for St Mary's in Manchester) and some babies would be there for 5+ months. What would that have cost parents in the US? I thought about it *ALL* the time while working there.

When I first moved here, I CRIED... a lot, thinking about my family, my grandparents, hearing about so and so going to the hospital, etcetera, and the costs, and thinking how wrong it all is.

I am REALLY rambling.... I guess I just feel like I am in between two worlds. When I read about, even the trivial discussion about costs associated with even antenatal care, it ends up infuriating me. Seriously. I do plan to move back to the US one day, and I am going to have a LOT of work to do with keeping my mouth in check because I have a feeling I will be at great odds with everyone else if things haven't begun to change by then.

NCBeachyGrl
September 29th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Suregena you really do have a unique perspective knowing and having been through both sides! Thanks for sharing!!! I do agree that the US is money driven. With DS2, I felt they they went WAY overboard with me. I had a *slightly* elevated thyroid (never had to be on med) and through my whole pregnancy they insisted on sending me to an endocrinologist for testing ($100 each time), then b/c I had a vanishing twin they sent me to a maternal specialist ($100 each time), and then when I had gestational diabetes, I had to go back to the specialist even more. I felt like they put me through the ringer, going from place to place and scaring me to death in the process.

I switched doctors and told them I do NOT want to go to anyone but the OB and the in-house high risk OB for diabetes if needed. Hopefully this time will be much different!

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:24 AM

Everything is highly unregulated. It can end up being different for everyone, with or without insurance.

You will be treated if you don't have insurance, and then you will get a bill. This bill sometimes they'll reduce it 50% if you can't afford it. If you had a lengthy stay in the hospital with mounting hospital bills, that charity hardly amounts to anything to someone who doesn't have money. Around 60% of bankruptcies in the US are attributed to medical bill costs.

There is a system called Medicaid, but even then you have to fall within a certain category to qualify. It covers a lot of costs but you still are expected to pay some. There is a lot of people who are working in the US but do not qualify for Medicaid, but cannot afford healthcare either. They cannot afford taking out insurance on their own. They may not be offered insurance through their employer. There are a lot of people like that. People probably just like me... two person working household type people. They work, they make enough money to just cover their bills and basic necessities, but the monstrous costs of taking out insurance or being seen as an uninsured patient makes it impossible.

It is common practice to weigh the odds of seeing a doctor with how much it will cost you... how much the prescriptions will cost you. One person won't pay the same thing as another. Your neighbor could have the same procedure and pay a completely different price.

The huge push of deregulation is very dangerous to me, as no one is held accountable.

The costs of being uninsured in the US is very dangerous.

For people who are lucky to have what they feel is really good insurance are indeed lucky, but even myself now views that as unlucky. It's still angering to me.

There are many kinds of insurance types/companies, etcetera. No Insurance Is Created Equal. No Patient is Treated Equal.

It's a very messy, convoluted, minefield.

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Suregena you really do have a unique perspective knowing and having been through both sides! Thanks for sharing!!! I do agree that the US is money driven. With DS2, I felt they they went WAY overboard with me. I had a *slightly* elevated thyroid (never had to be on med) and through my whole pregnancy they insisted on sending me to an endocrinologist for testing ($100 each time), then b/c I had a vanishing twin they sent me to a maternal specialist ($100 each time), and then when I had gestational diabetes, I had to go back to the specialist even more. I felt like they put me through the ringer, going from place to place and scaring me to death in the process.

I switched doctors and told them I do NOT want to go to anyone but the OB and the in-house high risk OB for diabetes if needed. Hopefully this time will be much different!

Wow that is scary! I'm sorry. I have hypothyroidism so I have to take medication every day and get it tested every now and again.. and pregnancy does alter the thyroid for some strange reason. And yes, the US is WAY money driven, and I do not trust the government at all.. period end of story!
LOL I will talk crap about it all day long if you want me to. Just ask Surgena! haha I already shared my personal rant with her.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I didn't even MENTION if you can afford to take out insurance on your own - you may not even find one who will take you on - maybe because you weigh too much, or you have asthma, or you were a cancer survivor. Or maybe they do take you on, but refuse to cover the costs of certain things, because you weigh too much, or you have asthma, or you were a cancer survivor.

Hopefully this pre-existing conditions business gets better as I know Obama has tried to start making that not allowed... but who knows. With that Republican controlled house during his first term, something that could have really overhauled healthcare in the US got gutted to pieces because Republicans didn't like the "public" option on there (SOCIALIZED MEDICINE OH MY GOD THE DEVIL!) and so on... and gutted it to the bare minimum frame of what he was attempting to get through.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:40 AM
I think the Government can be a source of good or evil - depends on how it is used and who are pulling the strings... as is proven in various countries around the world.

I'm pretty much certain that Insurance Companies are evil, though. ;)

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM
I'll shut up now. :D *goes quietly into a cave*

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 07:43 AM
So interesting to hear such a first hand comparison Suregena, it is so lovely to hear such positive things about the NHS. I agree it is fab and very under rated by a lot of people in the UK, I suppose it is taken for granted because it has been there for so long.
I don't think it would do any harm for some of these direct comparisons to be talked about more openly to promote how fantastic the NHS is.

Out of interest why do you think the US doens't have a system similar to the NHS? If most people have insurance anyway surely that could just be changed to a national insurance type tax that could then be used for public hospitals? Do you think it would just be way too complicated to set up? x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 29th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I know everyone has been talking about insurance, but I'm a little off topic this morning. I think I remember Rainbow talking about dreams that family members have had about her carrying a little girl. I hope I have the right person. Well I had an amazing dream last night that I was carrying a girl. It was so real!!!! I remember saying my dd was going to have a sister and my dh was on the verge of tears. The woman at my nt scan told me (that would never happen irl). My u/s pic was a real pic and the baby had clothes on...hahaha...and red hair like my 2nd ds. It was so wonderful. I hope it becomes my reality.

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Awww what a lovely dream 3men, hope it comes true for you!

I had a dream I was carrying a baby girl called Emily when I was pregnant with ds1, I have a neice called Emily now though! This time I had a dream I gave birth to triplets, two boys and a girl so I'm hoping that was meaning the two boys I already have and that I'm having a girl this time. Not relying on my dream after last time though lol!! ;)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 29th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think insurance companies are evil too. We have pretty good health insurance, but our premium's are always going up and so are our co pays. And with 4 children that's a big deal. We now pay for things that we never had to pay for before. I think a lot of it has to do with the government cracking down on people who don't have insurance. As a whole, we pay for those who can't afford to pay. It really affects the middle class, which is most of the US. I feel like I'm always paying medical bills. My ds had gastro issues when he was an infant, and it cost us almost $1000 from start to finish. Mind you, I was nursing and just needed to change my diet to non dairy!!! I've also had early u/s with this baby, my doctors request, and just received a bill for $600. It's really frustrating, but at the same time comforting to know that I live in Boston and can go to some of the best hospitals in the world. I wish things would change a bit because I'm sick of paying a bill off only to get another one a few days later.

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 08:05 AM
I'll shut up now. :D *goes quietly into a cave*

LOL I'm not mad at you. :p

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 08:16 AM
So interesting to hear such a first hand comparison Suregena, it is so lovely to hear such positive things about the NHS. I agree it is fab and very under rated by a lot of people in the UK, I suppose it is taken for granted because it has been there for so long.
I don't think it would do any harm for some of these direct comparisons to be talked about more openly to promote how fantastic the NHS is.

Out of interest why do you think the US doens't have a system similar to the NHS? If most people have insurance anyway surely that could just be changed to a national insurance type tax that could then be used for public hospitals? Do you think it would just be way too complicated to set up? x

Americans hate taxes. And there were plenty of scares about socialism in the 50s.

Ronald Reagan on Socialism & Liberalism - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iShCXx_xZDQ)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCqA4QhfXHA

It gets very incorrectly tied into all sorts of strange comparisons... people throw things out like the Soviet Union, etcetera. No one knows really what they are talking about.

It's a big button for fear... us Americans are told over, and over, and over that we are the Greatest Nation in the world, that we have the Best Healthcare in the world, that we are the country with the most Freedom. That we have liberty, democracy... the right to make decisions for ourselves within our own lives.

Things that are Government run are painted in a way, like a Totalitarian type government system, like Communism, to Americans and it creates a big buzz-fear about it. It is seen as evil for people but it is slowly changing.

Places like the UK, Norway, France, Germany, etcetera, all have some form of healthcare that makes it accessible to all, though they all are a bit different from each other but fundamentally are painted in very negative lights in America. It coexists within those democracies fine, though.

Americans want to feel like they have complete control over their lives but what is not realized is that Government-provided healthcare systems still gives you control. NHS is big on Patient Choice. You can choose the hospital you want to go to, the doctor you want to see, whether or not you get something done; you can discuss your options, you can see your choices. Healthcare is cheaper per person in the UK than it is in the US because they practice preventative healthcare. Because everyone has equal access to healthcare, people can treat problems before they become big issues, which keeps costs down overall in general. In the US, people are left to become really unhealthy if they have problems without affordable access to healthcare, and small problems turn into big, expensive ones.

America has a lot of skill, a lot of technology advances, a lot of procedure advances... but the citizens are less healthy overall compared to other Western countries. The US has high infant mortality rates, people's lifespan isn't as long compared to other Western countries. Why is this?

Like I tell people at home, in the UK - we have the NHS, and then there are private insurance and hospitals. If you want a non-urgent surgery for your wrist next week rather than in 4 weeks, you can go private. Most emergency care, however, is still always on the NHS, because that is what they're there for: to take care of you. But what Americans view as complete Government control is far from the fact as you have all the choice, and then some, in such a system set up as here.

It's an issue of control. The UK is a democracy with corporatism just like the US. They have some things that are nationalized, just like the US. Unlike the US, the one difference is the heathcare system is a big, corporate money-business in the US. In the UK, it makes no money.
But while most people don't think of things like public school, firefighters, etcetera, as snationalized services they are provided, because they are, they fail to see the connection or view it in a similar light as the healthcare issue. Nationalized/universal/socialized healthcare is the big, bad, scary in the US. Opinions have begun to change, but it is still there. There are people in the Government that would prefer to keep it alive for the very reason they tell citizens to fear it: control.

Like I say, there are good Governments and bad ones, it just depends whose in the position and where their true conviction lies.

And, frankly, it's odd.

:/

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM
I think insurance companies are evil too. We have pretty good health insurance, but our premium's are always going up and so are our co pays. And with 4 children that's a big deal. We now pay for things that we never had to pay for before. I think a lot of it has to do with the government cracking down on people who don't have insurance. As a whole, we pay for those who can't afford to pay. It really affects the middle class, which is most of the US. I feel like I'm always paying medical bills. My ds had gastro issues when he was an infant, and it cost us almost $1000 from start to finish. Mind you, I was nursing and just needed to change my diet to non dairy!!! I've also had early u/s with this baby, my doctors request, and just received a bill for $600. It's really frustrating, but at the same time comforting to know that I live in Boston and can go to some of the best hospitals in the world. I wish things would change a bit because I'm sick of paying a bill off only to get another one a few days later.

It's very unbalanced, which is frankly why people hate the idea of "paying for other people's healthcare who can't afford it."

Here, we are all the same. It takes the frustration out of it. I don't look at my neighbor and moan that my taxes are going to his healthcare costs, because my taxes are also going to mine! And his is going to mine! And on and on. It just feels... less like a battle, I guess.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Man, I need lunch now. *Sandwich time!*

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Man, I need lunch now. *Sandwich time!*

Everything I eat lately gives me heartburn.. I HATE it! :(

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Everything I eat lately gives me heartburn.. I HATE it! :(

I've only the last few days have had queasiness in the morning upon waking (except today...) and an overall, all day feeling like I've overeaten.

Hmm.

Heartburn is horrible. :(

Butterfly Spirit
September 29th, 2012, 08:52 AM
I've only the last few days have had queasiness in the morning upon waking (except today...) and an overall, all day feeling like I've overeaten.

Hmm.

Heartburn is horrible. :(

My MS started with a icky pit in my stomach feeling that got better after eating and then it changed to.. waking up so nauseous couldn't move and DH had to bring me food or I couldn't function..then the throwing up :(
But finally... the M/S has faded away! I still have my moments but after 24/7 of some form of nausea or vomiting I am SO glad it's gone! *knocks on wood nearby* lol
But it is a mixed blessing..I remember praying that I would be sick so I'd know I was okay! LOL So, I'm glad you are queasy! It's your reassurance that things are going as they should and bean is thriving!

mummypink
September 29th, 2012, 09:30 AM
So interesting Suregena! I'm not surprised you feel so passionately about it all, sounds so incredibly frustrating. x

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 09:59 AM
My MS started with a icky pit in my stomach feeling that got better after eating and then it changed to.. waking up so nauseous couldn't move and DH had to bring me food or I couldn't function..then the throwing up :(
But finally... the M/S has faded away! I still have my moments but after 24/7 of some form of nausea or vomiting I am SO glad it's gone! *knocks on wood nearby* lol
But it is a mixed blessing..I remember praying that I would be sick so I'd know I was okay! LOL So, I'm glad you are queasy! It's your reassurance that things are going as they should and bean is thriving!

I'm taking these prenatals - Amazon.com: Garden of Life Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal Multivitamins, 180 Count: Health & Personal Care (http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Life-Vitamin-Prenatal-Multivitamins/dp/B005JAT3TU/ref=pd_sim_hpc_1)

I didn't really take any prenatals with my son. I wonder if these are helping me from the get-go with keeping things sort of mellow in the MS department? Obviously, I'm not yet 6 weeks, so it's still early on!

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 01:11 PM
I Have to agree with Surgena 100% percent. My husband works at a big corporation and we still pay what seems like too much for healthcare every month. That's the other thing just because you are employed its not free, just cheaper because it's group. Anyway when I was pregnant and so sick there were time I should have gone to get and IV and didn't because I had to consider th cost and I regret that so much, it's not right that people have to choose health vs money. My husband and I have been considering moving to the uk (he's from there originally).

Tiffani3
September 29th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Wow thank you suregena that was a really interesting read :)
It does really make me appreciate the nhs although have had some bad experiences with there care at points in my life but guess that can happen to anyone anywhere!
Do agree that in the us they should have some kind of nhs! As surely you pay taxes for police/fire department etc. (you dont hand over $1000 to the fire department before they put out your burning house?) you'd think the government would just add it on with them!
I would be so worried about getting ill or hurting myself just because of costs let alone for the children, they would be wrapped in cotton wool till they moved out lol
xx

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I Have to agree with Surgena 100% percent. My husband works at a big corporation and we still pay what seems like too much for healthcare every month. That's the other thing just because you are employed its not free, just cheaper because it's group. Anyway when I was pregnant and so sick there were time I should have gone to get and IV and didn't because I had to consider th cost and I regret that so much, it's not right that people have to choose health vs money. My husband and I have been considering moving to the uk (he's from there originally).

Is he a UK citizen? As long as he is, you can!

And I'M the crazy one thinking about moving back home. Being away from family hurts so much and just sucks. :( If I could bring them all here, I would. I'm in this strange middle scenario where things here are better overall but I am still terribly lonely, awkward, and I do get down a lot, all because I have no friends or family. I've been here since 2007 and have yet to make any "friends" I could really feel close to like my friends at home.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Wow thank you suregena that was a really interesting read :)
It does really make me appreciate the nhs although have had some bad experiences with there care at points in my life but guess that can happen to anyone anywhere!
Do agree that in the us they should have some kind of nhs! As surely you pay taxes for police/fire department etc. (you dont hand over $1000 to the fire department before they put out your burning house?) you'd think the government would just add it on with them!
I would be so worried about getting ill or hurting myself just because of costs let alone for the children, they would be wrapped in cotton wool till they moved out lol
xx

Yes, nationalized US services like the fire service, public schools, etcetera, are funded by taxation and the government. So is the military, etcetera, but no one flips out at the military, do they?

I think, on a State run level, it could work possibly better than a big-wide country-level since the US is so big... because each state could work it out to how they'd need to run it effectively.
You wouldn't even have to wipe out insurance companies... but just put a public *something* in place. A lot of people die just because they have no access to healthcare. I mean, in a big, rich, "civilized" country, you'd think citizens could be taken care of better, more equally.

You still can get bad care PAYING money for it. The money doesn't factor in to whether it is top quality or not. I'm sure even my fellow Americans here have stories where they didn't feel like they had the best people looking after them.

Tiffani3
September 29th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Is he a UK citizen? As long as he is, you can!

And I'M the crazy one thinking about moving back home. Being away from family hurts so much and just sucks. :( If I could bring them all here, I would. I'm in this strange middle scenario where things here are better overall but I am still terribly lonely, awkward, and I do get down a lot, all because I have no friends or family. I've been here since 2007 and have yet to make any "friends" I could really feel close to like my friends at home.

Oh hun that's really sad that you haven't met any friends, That must be so hard. Don't know that I'd be so brave like you to move away from my family and friends, even if it was for a better life. Thank god for skype!!! Do you get to see them much?
xx

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 03:55 PM
And there's no Medicaid for some people. There is for children and pregnant women where I live but not for others. I had a friend about 25 and he was a writer and doesn't make enough to buy health insurance and doesnt have a Medicaid option and he almost died because he had the flu, by the time he was in the hospital he was very ill and it ended up costing 100x more than if he had gone to the dr and gotten abx. But he had no insurance

Surgena-yup my husband is still a citizen!

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Oh hun that's really sad that you haven't met any friends, That must be so hard. Don't know that I'd be so brave like you to move away from my family and friends, even if it was for a better life. Thank god for skype!!! Do you get to see them much?
xx

No. :(

I moved here in 2007. My mom visited 2007 and my dad visited (they're divorced) the end of 2007.

My grandmother died when I was 23 weeks pregnant with my son. I moved the next day to our current house after her death, and my dad visited three days later. My dad visited when I was 24 weeks pregnant for only a few days in 2009 (he was in Amsterdam for a job and quickly came over to the UK) and then my mom visited again when my son was born, in 2010. My great aunt also came after my son was born because she was coming here, anyway, because her boyfriend is from Dorset (whom she is now married to but he has gone to the US.)

I had got my first UK credit card and promptly bought plane tickets in March 2010 to finally visit home, in hopes to see my grandfather since I didn't get to see my grandmother since I moved away. I booked my tickets for September for 3 weeks. I was on maternity leave until October.

My grandfather then died (widowed by my grandmother in the months before) in June 2010 (my son was born January 2010.) So, I had those plane tickets, but he died before I saw him. I decided with my older brother that we were going to pay to have my flight changed to July 1st (they were putting the funeral back a month so I could get there for it since I didn't get to go to my grandmother's...) which cost an extra £900 to do on top of the £1,350 we already paid.

Then, my husband's dad died a week to the day LATER. So, then we had his funeral to plan, all the while I was trying to sort my flights out back to the US early. My husband's mum was giving me grief (to my husband, not direct to me) about how dare I leave him when his dad just died, and take away our son for over three months. He told her that I have my own family who is just as important and that I needed to look after myself, too. I was glad he stood up for me. It was a decision my husband and I both cried over but he knew how important it was to me since I had yet to have gone back home. I attended my father in law's funeral, then flew to the US less than a week later and attended my grandfather's the following morning. When my mother and aunt picked me up from the airport, I was so sleep deprived and overwhelmed with the feeling of "myself" being back, as weird as that sounds. We were going to my older brother's house. Little did I know, EVERYONE was there waiting to surprise me. So many people cried.

Anyway, so my husband ended up missing out my son's life, ages 5 months to 8 months.

I went back to work after we returned.

Anyway, after that long ramble... I haven't been back home since that visit, and my mother and my great aunt both have visited once since then. None of the rest of my family have still (most still don't have passports...)

We're going for Christmas and New Years for 4 weeks. It now cost us (since my son is over 2 years old now) £2,000 this time for the three of us.

So, no, it's hard to visit often.

I'm in such a rambely mood today, sheesh. I'm swamped in bills at the moment and can not pay some of them this month so I have had a big cry tonight. Really worried my toddler son. My husband is working so he has to stay the night at his mum's (when he works on weekends he has to because public transport won't get him to work on time from where we live during the weekends) so he won't be home until tomorrow night.

Either it's pregnancy hormones or something else, but I just feel swamped by life right now!

RAMBLE. RAMBLE. RAMBLE! :(

Well, there's my life in the UK in a nutshell - ha ha. The bad parts, anyway.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 04:05 PM
And there's no Medicaid for some people. There is for children and pregnant women where I live but not for others. I had a friend about 25 and he was a writer and doesn't make enough to buy health insurance and doesnt have a Medicaid option and he almost died because he had the flu, by the time he was in the hospital he was very ill and it ended up costing 100x more than if he had gone to the dr and gotten abx. But he had no insurance

Surgena-yup my husband is still a citizen!

Oh, certainly something to consider in the future... plus you could live anywhere in Europe, too! ;)

Where is he from?

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 04:34 PM
He grew up in London (not sure where exactly, I could ask him) , his faimly moved here when he was in highschool, went back for college and went to Warick.
And then came back here to work and has been here since.
I myself have family in Taunton/Somerset and some distant family in London. My husband still has family in London.

Why did you guys decide to move there?

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 05:00 PM
He grew up in London (not sure where exactly, I could ask him) , his faimly moved here when he was in highschool, went back for college and went to Warick.
And then came back here to work and has been here since.
I myself have family in Taunton/Somerset and some distant family in London. My husband still has family in London.

Why did you guys decide to move there?

His parents were elderly and mine are middle-aged. His parents would not have coped with him moving away and definitely wouldn't have visited.

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
ohhh I see.
Is it hard to meet new people there?

Tiffani3
September 29th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Suregena big hugs to you xx
You are obviously a very strong woman to be able to cope with all that, I bet you can't wait for Christmas to see all your family.
I think it's very hard to make true friends, have you not really met people through work or your sons nursery school? Or is it just the case that you just don't connect with them? xx

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 06:56 PM
ohhh I see.
Is it hard to meet new people there?

Not at all. But I have a hard time connecting to just anyone. I don't make good friends very easily. I spend most of my time feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Suregena big hugs to you xx
You are obviously a very strong woman to be able to cope with all that, I bet you can't wait for Christmas to see all your family.
I think it's very hard to make true friends, have you not really met people through work or your sons nursery school? Or is it just the case that you just don't connect with them? xx

My son goes to a childminder so definitely not that way! I know people at work and we're friendly but I couldn't call them friends as we don't really hang out beyond work. I still eat lunch at work alone each and every day, even.

I just have a hard time connecting. It can be even more awkward feeling like the odd one out all of the time. I've never had an easy time making friends growing up. I kind of just have one best friend who I have had since I was seven and my family, to be honest. I have other friends in the US, though, too, I made through school. But I've always been someone that never hung out in big crowds.

suregena
September 29th, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'm feeling that "I overate" feeling again tonight... but I only had cereal for dinner (we have like... no food... and I used the good stuff for my son's dinner! This month is going to be hard...)

I've put an apple and dry cereal by my bedside in case... and a bucket! Because if I feel this feeling now, what will I feel like after a night of sleeping and not eating? Oh dear! Still, could be good signs to feel that way!

Cinss
September 29th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Hi tiff and ladies yes but my only real sway was perfect timing, did the dance 3 hours after ovulation.. Took us 6 months to conceive this time so got a good 6 months practice into tracking ovulation.. Certainly teaches you a lot about your body.. hoping for a boy but happy no matter what x

Yay another boy swayer in here, that makes 2 of us :) I didn't have the best sway because it was taking so long to concieve, i droped a lot of my sway things and was actually in the process of losing some of the weight i put on because of the HE diet. We do hope it is a boy but will be happy with another girl too.

Speaking of the dreams just reminded me i had one, it was more like a nightmare though, i was very pregnant and there was some sort of accident and my belly split open and my baby fell out of me, i picked it up and had a look down there and it was a girl, she was alive and still attached to me so i had to carry her to the hospital. Luckily my dreams are not premonitions!

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Not at all. But I have a hard time connecting to just anyone. I don't make good friends very easily. I spend most of my time feeling awkward and uncomfortable.

I'm the same way, that's why I'm scared to move. I do have a lot of good friends here but my husband says we are all weird :X

Lassie1982
September 29th, 2012, 07:47 PM
My son goes to a childminder so definitely not that way! I know people at work and we're friendly but I couldn't call them friends as we don't really hang out beyond work. I still eat lunch at work alone each and every day, even.

I just have a hard time connecting. It can be even more awkward feeling like the odd one out all of the time. I've never had an easy time making friends growing up. I kind of just have one best friend who I have had since I was seven and my family, to be honest. I have other friends in the US, though, too, I made through school. But I've always been someone that never hung out in big crowds.

I'm much the same...ive only got 1 good friend, and i very very very rarely socialise....I hate social gatherings, i always feel so akward, just so shy and reserved. Its painful when i have to mingle...when we have a bbq or similar to attend, i literally dread and few it for days before! I am just no good at making small talk at all....and i just always feel so shy! I wish i could snap out of it and be like other people. Lucky for me, DH is a homebody so is quiet happy not socialising!

I get along well with the people i work with, and have no problem chatting away to them once i get to know them, but don't interact with them outside of work...

Least you have us here on the net!!

My DH is from the Uk as well - he came to australia 16yrs ago with work. We contemplated moving there....we actually almost did it, sold up here in australia, sent out stuff over on a cargo ship, but after a month realised that we (mainly me) weren't happy, and that we are better off economically in Australia....so back we came! I do love the UK, visiting it....Living there just wasn't for us, the lifestyle we wanted (farm style living without being too rural, whilst being comfortable financially) was much more achievable here in Australia....but DH's family is in the UK, and thats were he grew up so that pull was always there...

spinningmadly
September 29th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Do you like australia?
I bailed out of a bday party today for a neighbors kid we barely know (I dont even think they know my name) know, DH had to take ds2 somewhere so I was the one that would have had to
Go. I Really didn't feel like randomly socializing with people i dont know today ...

Lassie1982
September 29th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Do you like australia?
I bailed out of a bday party today for a neighbors kid we barely know (I dont even think they know my name) know, DH had to take ds2 somewhere so I was the one that would have had to
Go. I Really didn't feel like randomly socializing with people i dont know today ...

I've grown up in Australia, so its home to me :) My family is originally from Sweden, i was 5 when we came out here. I just really can't imagine living anywhere else.

I've bailed out of parties like that too! Im useless as socialising, I just sit there all akward and shy LOL

Grace
September 30th, 2012, 01:40 AM
It's amazing how you all remind me of myself. We have a group of friends who get together from time to time and have joint dinner parties. I get upset when I hear they got together and didn't call us, but when we do join them I don't know what to do with my self...lucky I have my kids to run around, KWIM ? Anyway, after I got married I moved closer to the area where I grew up in, so I figured it would be fun to be closer to my old friends and we could see each other more. But everyone has moved on with their lives, we're all busy with our kids, spouses, jobs etc.. even my best childhood friend whom I used to talk to on the phone EVERY day while we were in university and now lives about half an hour from me, I don't get to meet her more than once every 2-3 months. So basically it's just me and my close family. I also read an article about how difficult it is to make new friends over the age of 30 so there! But you girls all sound very friendly to me, wish I could know you for real xxx

mummypink
September 30th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Hi Suregena, I can totally relate to you! My dh and I are both from the UK originally and moved over to Norway about 5 years ago, he spoke Norwegian after spending time there on an exchange programme from University. 5 years on I am still trying to get to grips with the language and as much as I love so much about living here and couldn't really imagine moving back to the UK I still don't feel totally happy.
I'm very lucky in that we are only a 1hr 30 min flight away from the UK, and with Ryanair we can usually all fly back for about £200. Although we have to get a hire car as nobody has room for us in their cars anymore and depending on who we are visiting we sometimes need to book accommodation too so it still isn't cheap.

My Dad died when my ds2 was 6 weeks old, he had been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease the day DS1 was born and had a fast progressing kind. We knew that he could take a turn for the worst at any point so as soon as DS2 was born and had his birth certificate I applied to the British Embassy to get a passport sorted out. I then got a call from my brother to say my Dad had been taken into hospital and not to worry but the sooner I got the passport the better. The Embassy were great and got DS2s passport sorted and back to me within 2 days, I got flights booked and went straight from the airport to the hospital. My Dad had been in so much distress because of his breathing the hospital had made the decision to sedate him the evening before I arrived. We hoped and prayed that the antibiotics would finally take effect and fight off the infection he had but unfortunately he was too weak. He remained sedated (which was the kindest thing as he couldn't breath on his own and had been panicking about every breath) and died about a week later so I never got to say goodbye and he never got to see his grandson. I'm just grateful I was able to be there at the end though.
My dh dad had died just three months before that so it seemed like every visit back to the UK that year was a sad one.

I miss family and friends from the UK, although I went to a wedding last year for one of my closest friends in the UK and saw loads of my old friends. I was really looking forward to seeing them but found them really dismissive and different, they have moved on with their lives.

I've tried making friends here by going to baby groups but found that there would end up being a noticeable gap around me and people edged away from the 'forgeigner'! I'm determined to try and improve my Norwegian before this baby is born so I can hopefully meet more people and not feel so shy and stupid for not being able to communicate with people in the way I would in English.
I do have one really good friend here though, I have known her for a while but only recently got really close to her as we're setting a business up together. It is so nice to have someone to call up and chat to or pop round for a coffee.

I used to have a friend here from New Zealand who was one of those people you feel like you have known for years! She had a job waiting for her in NZ though and had to go back two years ago. I miss her loads and I think that actually made it worse for a while over here as before I hadn't realised what I was missing if that makes sense? I still talk to her on Skype though and she is hoping to come and visit in the new year.

I think it is really hard to be 100% happy where ever you are in the world, there are a lot of things I miss from the UK and if house prices were cheaper and there were less people there I would be back in a heartbeat. I really miss being able to have 'banter' with people, just everyday chit chat when you're at the check out. They don't seem to do that so much over here and I have to think so hard about what I'm going to say that the moment has often passed anyway!

My mum tries to come over 2 to 3 times a year, and unfortunately my mil does too lol! ;) My brother has been out and my bil and his family, and my bf from the UK has been over once. I'm actually surprised at how few people have visited us actually as you would think they would make the most of free accommodation in such a beautiful country.

I think it takes a while to integrate properly abroad, I still feel like the foreigner which I absolutely hate. I'm hoping that when ds1 starts school next year that will really help me make friends with other mums and just be accepted a bit more. I know our work life balance is so much better over here and life for our children is much better too. I feel almost like I have been spoilt, I've been lucky enough to see the benefits of two countries and now I feel torn between the two. I will always be British, but Norway has far more opportunities for us at the moment. x

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 05:13 AM
Mummypink - so some similar things going on with us then! My best friend is single without kids but thankfully I don't think that would affect us as it was fine when I was over the last time. She ate up any second she could get with my son. She is an only child so her and I have always been like sisters so maybe that helps keep us close. When we're away we don't talk a lot, but that goes with everyone in my family. The time differences and general life-stuff makes it hard. The best I manage is my dad maybe once every 4 or so months and my mom nearly every weekend on skype. We call her the 'skype grandma'!

My cousins and my aunt (who is also from Arizona) actually live in Oslo, you know! I have yet to have visited there. She married a Norwegian decades ago (now they're divorced.)
She's the only family member on my dad's side I'm close to because politically/religiously I just have a hard time connecting with my dad's family - we just don't see eye to eye at all. But she's lived in Norway for probably 30 years now so obviously even she's different from them, entirely. I need to go visit... we keep saying it but don't manage! Wonder how expensive it'd be? Obviously we'd have a free place to stay which makes it handy.

That's the frustrating thing as I feel very American. I adopt language variations and phrasing to make it easier for me at work and in general conversation. Sometimes those leak over when I'm talking to American family/friends so they think I'm becoming all Britishfied but I have to explain that I get myself stuck doing it just to get by over here! As soon as I'm back home it all melts away. My poor son has to hear "zee" and "zed" both all the time. :P

mummypink
September 30th, 2012, 06:03 AM
You should def come over for a visit, there are loads of cheap flights and with free accomodation you should be totally fine! :)

It's funny when you say you have to adpot a language because I find myself having to use more American type words when I am speaking english to people so they understand. I suppose it is just down to how the learn english at school but if I say 'rubbish' they don't have a clue but 'trash' they understand! Words I didn't use so much in English I now have in my head in Norwegian so when I'm talking to family I have to really think about what I'm saying to ensure I don't mix the two! My boys are billingual and speak Norwegian at nursery and english at home, my 4 year old can even translate things for me which I feel really bad about as he shouldn't need to!

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Well, my cousins are bilingual, obviously - but it's made it very handy for them later in life. My aunt is fluent in it, too.

I remember when I was little (and still in the States, of course!) when they would visit, I would always have a hard time believing I was related to them! Heh.

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 07:11 AM
I've been feeling a bit like I'm on a rocky boat today. Not full-blown nausea but close. The dog's smell is making it worse! I'm actually going to make lunch a bit early to make it a little better.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
September 30th, 2012, 07:38 AM
I'm 10 weeks tomorrow. Only 30 weeks of vomitting left...:rofl:

ynwa
September 30th, 2012, 11:45 AM
12 week scan in morning,soooo nervous,what questions can I ask the tech??

Rosie85
September 30th, 2012, 12:53 PM
ugh ladies I am sooo behind on these posts! I didn't have time to read them all!

I live in America and my heath care is awesome... strictly for only one reason though, we are a low income family and have medicaid. I don't pay a dime for anything. Boy do people hate us and give us awful looks when they see my insurance card. In my opinion this is the same healthcare everyone should have...

We are a low income family because we have a special needs son and a ton of bills. Both my husband and I are educated with bachelor degrees but got dealt a bad hand of cards in life basically. We pay our taxes and my husband works hard and we get by just fine on very little. I really wish America would pull their heads out of their ass and just adopt the NHS style.

Glad to hear some of you are feeling better, sad to hear some are still struggling. My morning sickness is still there but much less. I mostly have issues with certain foods setting me off but otherwise I can still eat at any time. I have been feeling really weak lately and dizzy a lot, making it hard to get much done around the house.

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 01:27 PM
I'm so glad you are able to use Medicaid! It's the one thing I have my fingers crossed for when we move back (possible in 3 to 5 years.) We're thinking about Portland or around there. No, I've never been to Oregon! Ha ha! But it's the climate/lifestyle we came to a mutual conclusion about because my husband refuses to move to Arizona and doesn't really want to go to Colorado (both those States are like my home states.)

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Annnd I have officially just really have not wanted to eat anything today. Very, very, very blah-blah-blah. With a dash of the queasy.

Shellbelle
September 30th, 2012, 02:43 PM

I don't know about questions, but good luck tomorrow! I can't believe you're already so far along!

Shellbelle
September 30th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Bad bad bad morning sickness this weekend. Like, I'm getting out of bed to pee and throw up, and dh is bringing me food all day to try and keep something in my stomach.

NCBeachyGrl
September 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM

For a good nub shot!!!!!!!!! Profile picture with legs up and out of the way!

spinningmadly
September 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I'm already freakin out about gender and for some reason am expecting to be a boy..
I don't even know if theres a heartbeat yet!

Part of me (MOST of me) wants everything to look great at my scan and another part of me feels like it would be ok if it didn't because the next round I would be on clomid (which also sways pink) but mainly because it would push my progesterone up (hopefully) from a better ovulation and i wouldn't have to be on the supplements. I think reading the side effects/birth defects it can cause online have been freaking me out :x
Of course right when they realized my ovulation/progesterone issues, I got pregnant before we started the clomid

ynwa
September 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Can't believe I am this far either,will tech think am crazy if I start asking about nubs and ovulation sides?

suregena
September 30th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Can't believe I am this far either,will tech think am crazy if I start asking about nubs and ovulation sides?

Let us know how you get on.

Don't think I'd have the courage to ask anyone here but I may ask if they can try to get me a good "full body profile shot" to take home because my last pregnancy I never got a 12 week ultrasound. Hey, it's true! But might be a sneaky way to hopefully get a nub shot. That's my plan, anyway! But that won't be happening until middle of November at the earliest.

Rosie85
September 30th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I'm so glad you are able to use Medicaid! It's the one thing I have my fingers crossed for when we move back (possible in 3 to 5 years.) We're thinking about Portland or around there. No, I've never been to Oregon! Ha ha! But it's the climate/lifestyle we came to a mutual conclusion about because my husband refuses to move to Arizona and doesn't really want to go to Colorado (both those States are like my home states.)

Oregon and Washington have awesome climates. If I was brave enough to leave my family I would move to Seattle in less than a second. You just have to not mind clouds but if you live in the UK I hear those are common there, haha. Medicaid is nice but like I said people think you are taking advantage and don't treat you the greatest sometimes. I say they are just jealous. Really nothing to be jealous over since we are on it for being low income. If you can afford health insurance here I would say you are doing pretty well for yourself.

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM
And the nausea starts ...blechhh

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 12:36 AM
I don't think Medicaid is an issue at all when people that need it use it and I'm glad that option is available, my best friend had to use it for a few years (although she did mention drs treated her differently. ) However I do think it's an issue when people DO actually take advantage of it which I have witnessed first hand. My husband works for a good company and we still pay 500/month out of his paycheck for healthcare and after that we have a lot of co pays, deductibles, costs etc and the people taking advantage (playing the system) are getting it all for free, that does piss me off to be honest bc it's not fair to anyone , including those who actually need and are entitled to Medicaid, I think that's what gives people the impression everyone is taking advantage. The family I knew literally had millions of dollars and used it through 4 pregnancies at least. Surgena- i dont know if you still follow the healthcare debate in the US but I don't think the new healthcare plan will help anything , its just forcing people to purchase through privately run (profit motivated) companies. I think it was passed as a political move to make the groundwork and reasoning to establish a public healthcare option when this way doesn't "fix" things

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 02:14 AM
And the nausea starts ...blechhh

Oh my god, ditto here. Having a hard time... barely slept. Laying here slowly eating my second apple in an hour... trying to calm it down

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 02:17 AM
I don't think Medicaid is an issue at all when people that need it use it and I'm glad that option is available, my best friend had to use it for a few years (although she did mention drs treated her differently. ) However I do think it's an issue when people DO actually take advantage of it which I have witnessed first hand. My husband works for a good company and we still pay 500/month out of his paycheck for healthcare and after that we have a lot of co pays, deductibles, costs etc and the people taking advantage (playing the system) are getting it all for free, that does piss me off to be honest bc it's not fair to anyone , including those who actually need and are entitled to Medicaid, I think that's what gives people the impression everyone is taking advantage. The family I knew literally had millions of dollars and used it through 4 pregnancies at least. Surgena- i dont know if you still follow the healthcare debate in the US but I don't think the new healthcare plan will help anything , its just forcing people to purchase through privately run (profit motivated) companies. I think it was passed as a political move to make the groundwork and reasoning to establish a public healthcare option when this way doesn't "fix" things

I follow everything political-related. I don't think it's great, either, but it certainly wasn't the initial plan put on the table.

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM
Oregon and Washington have awesome climates. If I was brave enough to leave my family I would move to Seattle in less than a second. You just have to not mind clouds but if you live in the UK I hear those are common there, haha. Medicaid is nice but like I said people think you are taking advantage and don't treat you the greatest sometimes. I say they are just jealous. Really nothing to be jealous over since we are on it for being low income. If you can afford health insurance here I would say you are doing pretty well for yourself.

When I had insurance over there, I couldn't afford it. It was not fun.

mummypink
October 1st, 2012, 02:44 AM
My nausea seems to be improving, I still haven't got much of an appetite or been brave enough to have a normal size dinner (for fear of being sick). My bump seems to have gone down too, I think most of it was probably bloating but it is still a bit odd. I do still have a small bump which I know is normal for just under 12 weeks but I suppose as it is my third I thought I would be bigger earlier. I have to say I don't really feel pregnant, we tried to hear the babies heartbeat last night on the doppler and although it kept picking something up that was between 150-200 beats per minute we couldn't hear it so I think it must still be too early. I've got a midwife appointment in the morning so I'm hoping she finds it so I can have some reassurance.
I realised this morning that I can now say my scan is next month! Doesn't sound quite as bad that way lol! ;)

I hope everyone else is feeling ok, for those worried about lack of morning sickness mine didn't really kick in until I was about 7 weeks and was at its worst around 9 weeks. x

Tiffani3
October 1st, 2012, 03:10 AM

Good luck xx

homebirthing princess
October 1st, 2012, 03:14 AM
Good luck at your today ynwa x

homebirthing princess
October 1st, 2012, 03:15 AM
Yay I have a sweet potato baby now lol! Wow 18wks nearly half way eek x

Lassie1982
October 1st, 2012, 03:25 AM
good luck ynwa! Enjoy seeing your little bundle :)

Wishing4Pink
October 1st, 2012, 06:03 AM
Good luck today at your scan ynwa, can't wait to hear about it! x

ynwa
October 1st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Thanks girls,baby is super cute,12 weeks 4 days,soon as I get home I will put pic on:.)x

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 07:15 AM
Oh my God, am I struggling today! Feeling so sick but I bet not the sickest I'll get. I have to go back to work tomorrow (I am always off work Saturday to Monday) and I am DREADING it... ahhhhhhhhh!

ynwa
October 1st, 2012, 07:47 AM

12 weeks 4 days
well what do you think???

homebirthing princess
October 1st, 2012, 07:55 AM
Cute little bubba there :) I'm thinking pink xx

Lassie1982
October 1st, 2012, 07:57 AM
There is one pic were I think it's the nub showing and that's girly :)
Did the tech give anything away ?
Very cute bubba :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tiffani3
October 1st, 2012, 08:11 AM
So cute, looks very girly!! :) xx

ynwa
October 1st, 2012, 08:38 AM
Tech would not give anything away,would not look before 16 weeks,3d gender scan booked for sun 28th oct 10am:.)

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 11:02 AM
I suck at nubs so I won't guess but cute baby!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
ynwa - I agree with the others that is looks girly! YAY!!!!!! Our space is getting exciting with gender scans and nub scans now!

Ladies - I am starting to freak out about my NT scan and nub peek next week. Gender hasn't even been a thought until lately and I feel so anxious and scared. I hate feeling like this!!!!

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Bleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhh.

suregena
October 1st, 2012, 11:12 AM
P.S. I am no good with nubs, either! But best of luck! I hope it's a girl for you! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 11:14 AM
16 days till my nt scan. I hope everything is ok. I'm freaked out about gender too!!! I pushed my gender scan back to Nov 8. I'll be over 15 weeks. I hope Halloween gets here soon.

NCBeachyGrl
October 1st, 2012, 11:17 AM
3M&AL - I am really starting to panic about it all! I thought I would be excited and happy, but now I am just so freaked out. Everyone thinks it will be another boy and I am just not ready to let go of my dream of having a girl. But, I know I need to face the facts. It is just so hard!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
3M&AL - I am really starting to panic about it all! I thought I would be excited and happy, but now I am just so freaked out. Everyone thinks it will be another boy and I am just not ready to let go of my dream of having a girl. But, I know I need to face the facts. It is just so hard!!!!

Look at my siggy NC...a girl after 2 boys!! Don't let opinions get to you. People around me said the same thing, and they're doing it again with this baby. I wouldn't let go of your dream because it can and will become a reality. Hopefully this baby will be your dd. If not, have another one...hahaha.

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 11:22 AM
People said that about my last one too. it would be a boy everyone was sure after 2 boys. and it was a girl. even when it was a girl people were like well u/s isn't 100% ugh. I hate people sometimes.
I'm more scared/frustrated bc I feel like if its not a girl I lost that once chance to have a girl when I lost her.

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 11:25 AM
*one not *once..
I feel blech today..
burpy and sick

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 11:29 AM
People said that about my last one too. it would be a boy everyone was sure after 2 boys. and it was a girl. even when it was a girl people were like well u/s isn't 100% ugh. I hate people sometimes.
I'm more scared/frustrated bc I feel like if its not a girl I lost that once chance to have a girl when I lost her.

I hope you have a dd spinning. I want it for you more than I want it for myself. Best of luck to you.

NCBeachyGrl
October 1st, 2012, 11:30 AM
Look at my siggy NC...a girl after 2 boys!! Don't let opinions get to you. People around me said the same thing, and they're doing it again with this baby. I wouldn't let go of your dream because it can and will become a realitly. Hopefully this baby will be your dd. If not, have another one...hahaha.

I miss chatting with you! LOL about having another one. DH said he wants 2 more kids, but after this pregnancy (that has kicked my butt) I am not sure I could handle another pregnancy. But, of course my desire for a DD is much stronger than worrying about ms!

Spinning - I know it has to be so much harder for you! I am so sorry you have had to go through all you have. I just keep telling myself things always happen for a reason. Big hugs!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 11:34 AM
I miss you too NC!!! I've been so sick I've stayed off the computer. I was hoping I could send you my nt scan pics and you could put them up for me.

NCBeachyGrl
October 1st, 2012, 11:37 AM
Of course!!!! I would be more than happy to post them for you!!

I stayed off the computer for a long time too....reading and scrolling made me so very nauseous. I am feeling much better now, but starting to feel very preggo. I am going out this afternoon to get some maternity pants b/c last night at dinner (with DH's boss) I had to hide my pain b/c my jeans were so tight. I basically ran to the car when we were done so I could unbotton my pants.

coocoobananas
October 1st, 2012, 11:45 AM
Can I join in here? I have been nosy in it anyway even though im not a mar, april or may-er!! I'm due feb 1st-ish!
I stopped posting for a while and tried to stay off for a bit... No luck!

NCBeachyGrl
October 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Can I join in here? I have been nosy in it anyway even though im not a mar, april or may-er!! I'm due feb 1st-ish!
I stopped posting for a while and tried to stay off for a bit... No luck!

Of course! Come on in! How are you feeling lately?

Shellbelle
October 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM
ynwa, I hope that's your girl! Beautiful little baby!

Sorry I'm not around more, ladies. I'm just sick sick sick and being on the computer makes it worse.

mrshonyez
October 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM
Wow 93 pages on this thread!! I've never kept up with one like this lol! Awesome group of ladies :) hope everyone is doing well (aside from all the ms I see going on...) Even though I'm pretty sure I'm having another sweet boy, I just scheduled my gender scan for next Monday! I'm super excited, this place comes to your home so all your family and friends can see! She would've even come today, but I just had my nt scan on Thursday so I might as well wait. I'm just sitting here listening to my boys giggle and play together in the hallway, melts my heart and makes me feel better about boy #3!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 01:19 PM
Your attitude is amazing!!! I've been having a few tough days with my dd and thought for a minute that having 4 boys isn't such a bad idea. Hahaha. My little girls turns 3 tomorrow and my ds is starting to walk really well. Life is good.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 01:25 PM
And I'm not feeling that sick today. Life is REALLY GOOD!!!

mrshonyez
October 1st, 2012, 01:27 PM
I had a little cry the first night, not because of him being a boy but because of the thought of never having a girl, but I felt so guilty and selfish and I truly am thankful to just be pregnant! My ds2 is the biggest cuddle bug and I love it, and ds1 wanted another brother anyways, although he keeps calling it a her! Plus my best friend just found out she's having a boy too so maybe they can be best friends :) it's still kinda hard to look at cute girly stuff though! Aww happy birthday to your little girl tomorrow!! They sure do grow fast!! DS2 is almost 15 months and still doesn't care to walk on his own lol. He cruises furniture and walks holding my hand, but I guess he's fine with crawling for now ;)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 1st, 2012, 01:34 PM
When was your ds born? My little guy is almost 15 months too. He was born July 6.

mrshonyez
October 1st, 2012, 01:46 PM
When was your ds born? My little guy is almost 15 months too. He was born July 6.

How cool! He was born July 12th! So pretty dang close :)

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 01:53 PM
thanks beachy and threemenandalady! that's really sweet of both of you to say those things.
My morning sickness has hit me hard today, no puking yet but gaggy all day right at 6 weeks..like clockwork..was the same as last time around.
I'm not sure if its a good sign means its a girl again or if my pregnancies are just getting subsequently harder!
they let me change my scan to fri from next weds to see if theres a hb and everything but I don't get to see my normal midwife so that kind of sucks!
I know deep down I just want a healthy baby no matter boy/girl but my DS1 really wants a girl baby, he had as much as a hard time as the rest of us when we lost her and he still asks for a baby girl (I'm not sure where he gets it from because I never talked about it in front of him). He will be 4 in December so I'm surprised he has such a strong opinion about it already!
Mrshonyez- that's awesome that they come to your house!!! I wish there was something like that around here, although I think I'd ask them to come too often LOL..Dh would kill me, i'd spend all my money on scans

mrshonyez
October 1st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Aww I really do hope you get your girl!! Yeah I had never heard of it until a friend told me about it, then it just so happened to be my OB's ultrasound tech anyways who is sooo nice! I wish I could have them come more often lol, but I told DH I wanted the ultrasound for my birthday so it worked out ;). It's only $125 compared to the $150 it was going to be at the first place I was going to go!

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 02:43 PM
Speaking of ultrasounds the place I'm going for my first u/s the ob/Mw do them themselves , no u/s tech. My more extensive ones with the Peri aren't til later. Has anyone had been to an office with no u/s tech? Is it as accurate?

coocoobananas
October 1st, 2012, 03:48 PM
Well way better than all you poor ladies:(
I had it quite bad but eased up quite a bit earlier than my first 2 but there's still always this lingering blech feeling:/
Of course I would have killed to just feel that in the beginning!!
I'm on one diclectin at night and missed 2 nights and learned that that one little pill makes a huge difference!! I got really sick the 2 nights I missed and bad migraines both days!! So back on I went and now I'm too scared to stop lol!!

spinningmadly
October 1st, 2012, 09:19 PM
My nausea has hit hard , already pukey. I feel like its going to be hypermeisis again..

suregena
October 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
Feeling pukey, too. Soooooooo hard getting ready for work and my son ready for the childminder.

And I've noticed smells today so much more and that's definitely not helping. :(

Lassie1982
October 2nd, 2012, 05:28 AM
I've got my first scan tomorrow morning...so nervous...so worried that there will be nothing there, or no heartbeat...i know i shouldnt think that way but im so afraid of our bubble bursting!
Wish me luck girls!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 2nd, 2012, 05:48 AM
I've got my first scan tomorrow morning...so nervous...so worried that there will be nothing there, or no heartbeat...i know i shouldnt think that way but im so afraid of our bubble bursting!
Wish me luck girls!!

Do you still have symptoms? I'm sure things will be okay! You haven't spotted or anything so...
It should be GOOD!

Lassie1982
October 2nd, 2012, 05:53 AM
Do you still have symptoms? I'm sure things will be okay! You haven't spotted or anything so...
It should be GOOD!

Extreme fatigue and headaches are my symptoms, no spotting or cramping, so FX....
It just plays on my mind, everytime i read about a miscarriage on here my tummy fills with dread and i think 'gosh what if thats me next'

Butterfly Spirit
October 2nd, 2012, 05:59 AM
Extreme fatigue and headaches are my symptoms, no spotting or cramping, so FX....
It just plays on my mind, everytime i read about a miscarriage on here my tummy fills with dread and i think 'gosh what if thats me next'

I don't blame you, I also get a pit in my stomach every time I read it too... even as far along as I am. It's Scary! But in the words of DH: "Just do what you are supposed to be doing and that's all you can do!" I've been stressed lately and I swear I had a scare yesterday..that I won't go into detail about. I just need not to focus on it, and you shouldn't either. Just be happy you are pregnant and enjoy it sweetie!

Lassie1982
October 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Thanks butterfly :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 07:16 AM
I don't blame you, I also get a pit in my stomach every time I read it too... even as far along as I am. It's Scary! But in the words of DH: "Just do what you are supposed to be doing and that's all you can do!" I've been stressed lately and I swear I had a scare yesterday..that I won't go into detail about. I just need not to focus on it, and you shouldn't either. Just be happy you are pregnant and enjoy it sweetie!

I needed to read this Butterfly. My ms hasn't been that bad yesterday or today and I'm starting to worry. I'm getting my doppler today so hopefully I will feel better pretty soon.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 11:41 AM
Please tell me I shouldn't worry. Day 2 of not feeling terrible. I'm really starting to worry that baby isn't doing well.

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 11:45 AM
How far along are you?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 11:47 AM
10w1d. Am I a freak?

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
you might just be starting to feel better?
you are getting closer to 2nd tri..
do you usually feel better about now?

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
I'm sure you are ok but I'm all for following your gut instinct..so if you really think something is wrong..can you see your dr??

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 12:09 PM
No. I'm usually sick for almost my entire pregnancy. I rented a doppler and should be getting it today. The UPS truck can't get here fast enough. If I can't find the h/b I will call my doc.

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Don't be alarmed if you don't find it, I think at 10 weeks the baby is still pretty small and can find lots of hiding places.
with one of my pregnancies at 10 1/2 weeks i had spotting and my midwifes apprentice couldn't find a heartbeat after looking for a long time..and it was a Sunday, so the next day the dr was open and I went in and they saw baby moving around on u/s with no issues at all and heart beat was fine.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 12:15 PM
I think what's fueling my worry is reading posts from other ladies on gd that have been going through mc and early loss. I'm so sad for them, and worried that I'm next. I probably wouldn't feel like this if my head was in the toilet.

mummypink
October 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I'm 12 weeks now and still can't find the hb with my doppler so please don't panic if you can't find it yet. xxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 2nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I know it is so hard not to worry! 3M&AL - I started feeling better around 10 weeks too. I am sure everything is just fine! When is your next dr. appt?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
It's the 17th for my nt scan.

NCBeachyGrl
October 2nd, 2012, 12:36 PM
If it really is driving you crazy, you could call and say you had some bleeding and are worrying about the baby.

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking Beachy about a reason to call lol

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
Sorry then my posts probably don't help!! I do want to say that I had a feeling my whole pregnancy something was wrong, I was really anxious and when I was told it was a girl I didn't even buy a thing , in hindsight I think deep down I knew things weren't right even though all the drs said they were and I was incredibly sick the whole time. I dont know if that helped or made it worse lol sorry. But I think the stress is the worst so try not to worry , I have a feeling everything is fine with you! Just been reading too many stories. I'm the same way, I'm terrified I Have a blighted ovum just based on reading too much

Tiffani3
October 2nd, 2012, 02:13 PM
ThreeMenAndALady I had that felt completely fine for a week or so then ms came back and now it's like every other day I think depending what I eat try not to worry sweetie xx

suregena
October 2nd, 2012, 02:48 PM
Please tell me I shouldn't worry. Day 2 of not feeling terrible. I'm really starting to worry that baby isn't doing well.

I started feeling better with my son at 9 weeks. :)

suregena
October 2nd, 2012, 02:51 PM
Thats exactly what I was thinking Beachy about a reason to call lol

I did that with my son. I had two miscarriages before him so naturally I was finding reasons to check that everything was still okay. Typically your first ultrasound in the UK is at 12 weeks.

My first two lost pregnancies I only got ultrasounds when I started spotting/bleeding so saw the sacs and fetal pole with no heart beat, etcetera each time.

With my son, I didn't know when I got pregnant so they did a scan and found me to be 6 1/2 weeks (which I was pleasantly surprised since that was when my second miscarriage started to happen) and he had a heartbeat. I was thrilled!

Then I started getting paranoid again once I got past 8 weeks, which was my number in my mind to get past. I made up an excuse that I was worried... I just told them I had some "pains" and was paranoid about another miscarriage. They checked him out close to 9 weeks and everything was still good. It was officially the furthest I got!

So, er, make something up if you need reassurance! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
If I'm not feeling crappy tomorrow I will make something up. It's my dd's 3rd birthday today and we're having a party for her tonight. I feel terrible that I'm worrying about this when my little girl only turns 3 once!!! Thanks for all of your responses. You guys REALLY are the best!!! Wouldn't want to be due date buddies with anyone else.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Ironically I'm feeling crappy all of a sudden!!! Flippin ms. I hate it if I have it, and if I don't!! hahaha

Tiffani3
October 2nd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Happy birthday to your dd ThreeMenAndALady.
Try not to worry xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:07 PM
Thank you so much Tiffani!! 3 years have gone by way too fast.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 2nd, 2012, 03:57 PM
Got my doppler and heard the hb!!!!

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
Oh good!! I'm impressed you found it!!

suregena
October 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
I felt really sick. I ate soup for dinner and then felt good. Two hours later and I feel sick again but I don't want to eat! Argh!

Butterfly Spirit
October 2nd, 2012, 04:30 PM
I felt really sick. I ate soup for dinner and then felt good. Two hours later and I feel sick again but I don't want to eat! Argh!

I'm sorry babe! I even feel sick today too. Blech! :(

suregena
October 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
I guess I'll have another yogurt... I don't know. I am feeling REALLY fat! Haha...

mummypink
October 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Got my doppler and heard the hb!!!!

Wow! That's mega early to pick up the heart beat ... now I'm starting to worry that I still can't find it and I'm 12 weeks :worry: I know it is early though and it is easy to look in the wrong place, I'm pretty sure I heard the placenta earlier today, before I just kept picking up my own heartbeat!

Might have another try before I go to bed ;) xx

mummypink
October 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hope you feel better soon suregena xx

Cinss
October 2nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Im getting the worst pimples on my face :( the really hard red ones that dont pop they just hurt :( all over my chin, jaw line, some between my eyebrows and even on my cheeks :(

Rosie85
October 2nd, 2012, 06:58 PM
Hey ladies, I will back read your posts later but just wanted to pop on and say hello! I went to the doctor yesterday and heard little beans heart beat for the 1st time. It was 180bpm. Sounded wonderful!!

Rosie85
October 2nd, 2012, 06:59 PM
Oh and Doc said he gets the feeling it's a girl! woohoo, let's hope he is right! He says its because this pregnancy is giving him a different vibe from me, hahaha weird.....

spinningmadly
October 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Surgena.- soup is a good idea, that's what I'm going to have thanks to your idea ! I have felt absolutely horrid all day today . My nausea/puking is at its worst 5-6pm just like last time for me

genieinabottle1
October 2nd, 2012, 11:18 PM
Officially joining this thread! I am due May 31 bY O date on FF, but am waiting on my scan on Oct 14. Congrats to everyone. I am feeling just very tired most days and feeling generally not well, but not to much nausea yet, which had me a little worried. I was much more ill last time at this point in time.

suregena
October 3rd, 2012, 03:13 AM
Surgena.- soup is a good idea, that's what I'm going to have thanks to your idea ! I have felt absolutely horrid all day today . My nausea/puking is at its worst 5-6pm just like last time for me

I made sure to have a hearty soup with potatoes in it and it really helped. I'm on the train right now heading to work and want to throw up. :(

mummypink
October 3rd, 2012, 04:38 AM
Congrats on your scan Rosie fingers crossed your doctor is right! :)

Welcome to the forum Genie! :)

We managed to find the heartbeat last night with our doppler! :D I am so seriously impressed! It was quite hard to find and if I moved it ever so slightly I lost it again and it wasn't enough to get a reading on the screen yet but maybe in a few days. It sounded like a train though so if that theory is right it is another boy! I know that doesn't really mean anything though. I think it sounded like a train with ds2 and my midwife said she thought he was a girl - clearly not lol!! ;) Everyone kept saying they thought I was going to have a girl when I was pregnant with ds2 so this time they are keeping quiet haha!
My midwife appointment got cancelled yesterday so I'm hoping it gets changed to later this week.

6 weeks and 5 days until my scan.... not that I'm counting or anything! ;)

mummypink
October 3rd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Im getting the worst pimples on my face :( the really hard red ones that dont pop they just hurt :( all over my chin, jaw line, some between my eyebrows and even on my cheeks :(

I'm the same Cinss, I feel truly grotty and end up piling on makeup to try and make myself feel better! I swear I have got more wrinkles too!!

suregena
October 3rd, 2012, 08:18 AM
I had teeny bit of pink after I wiped a few times today, but only after the third wipe. Very little but enough to freak me out. I'm hoping I just wiped too hard somehow. :(

suregena
October 3rd, 2012, 09:42 AM
Spoke to the doctor. Getting an early ultrasound on Monday morning..... dang it. :(

spinningmadly
October 3rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hugs, hope it's nothing .
I took a wondfo preg test this am bc i have a bunch left over and it looked a little lighter than they have been so I'm silently freaking out too

Tiffani3
October 3rd, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh suregena I hope everything's ok sweetie xx

Tiffani3
October 3rd, 2012, 10:49 AM
Spinning maybe it as a rubbish one or your pee wasn't strong enough????? xx

suregena
October 3rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I think I'll use one of my leftover cheapies, too, spinning.

I'm still nauseated... and the doctor said getting a positive test at 8dpo even if it was faint shows a quick increase of hormones which is a positive thing. Just means I won't get a 12 week scan if all is okay. Might have to pay private if I want one... but thinking I may if I have to. Due to early scan(s) with my son, I never got to have a 12 week one.

spinningmadly
October 3rd, 2012, 12:58 PM
I usually test better in the afternoon than the AM so maybe that's it? It was plenty dark just not darker than the control which it previously was! I feel awful, just puked , but I am not counting on that meaning anything :/ Friday seems like forever away, I could ask for a scan today but I don't want it to be too early to see a Hb then I'd have to go back anyway, I'm trying to be patient

Winngrin
October 3rd, 2012, 04:17 PM
3M, I had a few good days and made the mistake of telling dh that maybe I was past the worst of it. 2 days later was in er!! Don't fall for it!!

Lassie1982
October 3rd, 2012, 05:12 PM
Hope all is well suregena - fx!

Had our first scan yesterday and all is well :) Measuring one day behind but apparently thats normal, heartbeat was 132, position was centre at the top of my uterus.
Was such a relief to see the flicker of heartbeat on the screen!
Now we are waiting with excitement for the 12 week scan and then we can finally tell people!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM
3M, I had a few good days and made the mistake of telling dh that maybe I was past the worst of it. 2 days later was in er!! Don't fall for it!!

How are you feeling now? Hope it's been a little bit better.

spinningmadly
October 3rd, 2012, 06:10 PM
urgh.. I had to complain about health insurance. Our health care has a global fee for prenatal so just the visits and birth/hospital etc are charged at the end. It used to be u/s too but apparently that is not?? according to BCBS..
The part that really pisses me off is that since I have to go to maternal fetal medicine for half of my visits, those have no global fee. I have to pay like $30 each time!!! super annoying. since its a specialist apparently..even though its still maternity care for the same pregnancy.

homebirthing princess
October 4th, 2012, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE=suregena;260481]I think I'll use one of my leftover cheapies, too, spinning.

I'm still nauseated... and the doctor said getting a positive test at 8dpo even if it was faint shows a quick increase of hormones which is a positive thing. Just means I won't get a 12 week scan if all is okay. Might have to pay private if I want one... but thinking I may if I have to. Due to early scan(s) with my son, I never got to have a 12 week one.[/QUOTE

How comes they won't rescan you at 12wks? I had an early scan at 7wks with ds2 but still had a 12wk scan they never mentioned to me it might not be possible?
I hope everything goes well at your scan which I'm sure it will!!!!!!! Xxx

homebirthing princess
October 4th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Hi ladies, how's everyone feeling?

Wishing how are you haven't heard from you for awhile?

My gender scan is in 6days time.....gulp! I'm starting to panick, I have positive days and bad days! It's a horrible feeling cos I
Obviously I'm worried about gender but also stressing that's buts might not be healthy I'm just not feeling baby move much and when I do its so delicate you'd barely notice! I also worry about things like where the placenta is positioned because I'm desperate for my homebirth ahhhh I hate all this waiting and worrying! My scans at 3pm so I have all day to stress about it! X

suregena
October 4th, 2012, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=suregena;260481]I think I'll use one of my leftover cheapies, too, spinning.

I'm still nauseated... and the doctor said getting a positive test at 8dpo even if it was faint shows a quick increase of hormones which is a positive thing. Just means I won't get a 12 week scan if all is okay. Might have to pay private if I want one... but thinking I may if I have to. Due to early scan(s) with my son, I never got to have a 12 week one.[/QUOTE

How comes they won't rescan you at 12wks? I had an early scan at 7wks with ds2 but still had a 12wk scan they never mentioned to me it might not be possible?
I hope everything goes well at your scan which I'm sure it will!!!!!!! Xxx

I just remember the sonographer said since I had an early one I wouldn't be getting the 12 week one.

Maybe she was wrong and I should have insisted more, oh well. We'll see what happens this time.

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 03:08 AM
The 11 - 13 week scan is to check the NT, you should insist on having it done suregena.

homebirthing princess
October 4th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Yes defo insist on it, its an important scan plus they like to combine it with a blood test on the same day now xx

mummypink
October 4th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Hope you don't have any more spotting Suregena and that you see a happy little bean on Monday xx

mummypink
October 4th, 2012, 04:38 AM
I've just been using the doppler to see if I can pick up the heartbeat again and I felt a kick, I thought I must be imagining it but focused the doppler where I had felt it and got another really big one! I saw it as well as felt it, almost like the baby did a big body flip! I'm absolutely stunned as I thought it was way to early to feel movements, I'm only 12+2. I felt movements at about 15 weeks with ds1 and around 17 weeks with ds2 so I wasn't expecting anything for a while yet!!

Wishing4Pink
October 4th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Hi ladies, how's everyone feeling?

Wishing how are you haven't heard from you for awhile?

My gender scan is in 6days time.....gulp! I'm starting to panick, I have positive days and bad days! It's a horrible feeling cos I
Obviously I'm worried about gender but also stressing that's buts might not be healthy I'm just not feeling baby move much and when I do its so delicate you'd barely notice! I also worry about things like where the placenta is positioned because I'm desperate for my homebirth ahhhh I hate all this waiting and worrying! My scans at 3pm so I have all day to stress about it! X

Hi hbp, I'm ok thanks. Just been coping on my own for that last week and a half as the oh had to fly out for work :( So by the end of the day i was just too tired to come on and write altho i did read all the posts. Worrying about gender now with the scan approaching. This is my last chance of my dream as the oh doesn't want more, i just know this one will be a boy which i'll love just as much as my other 2 but it's means my dream will never come true which is what upsets me.

Enough of that tho, how fab that your gender scan is soon. I just know you'll be on here saying GIRL!!!!! x

Suregena, with my first ds i had a early scan at 8 weeks and was never given a 12 week one. Wished i pushed more now that i think about it but as it was my first i wasn't sure.

Lassie1982
October 4th, 2012, 06:13 AM
ahhhhh mummypink thats amazing!!!

suregena - push for the 12 week NT scan, the purpose of that one is completely different to the purpose of an early scan - so they shouldnt refuse you a NT scan..

NCBeachyGrl
October 4th, 2012, 07:10 AM
urgh.. I had to complain about health insurance. Our health care has a global fee for prenatal so just the visits and birth/hospital etc are charged at the end. It used to be u/s too but apparently that is not?? according to BCBS..
The part that really pisses me off is that since I have to go to maternal fetal medicine for half of my visits, those have no global fee. I have to pay like $30 each time!!! super annoying. since its a specialist apparently..even though its still maternity care for the same pregnancy.

I will have the same thing happen if I have to go to a specialist. With DS2, my insurance wasn't as good as it is now and I had to pay $100 every time I went (I went about 8 times!). It was terrible!

homebirthing princess
October 4th, 2012, 08:38 AM
Hi hbp, I'm ok thanks. Just been coping on my own for that last week and a half as the oh had to fly out for work :( So by the end of the day i was just too tired to come on and write altho i did read all the posts. Worrying about gender now with the scan approaching. This is my last chance of my dream as the oh doesn't want more, i just know this one will be a boy which i'll love just as much as my other 2 but it's means my dream will never come true which is what upsets me.

Enough of that tho, how fab that your gender scan is soon. I just know you'll be on here saying GIRL!!!!! x

glad your ok hun, must be hard not having dh around bless ya!
when is your scan must be very soon?
i and im sure every1 else on here can totally relate to how your feeling, this is my last chance too and its a horrible thought knowing 'this is it' i didnt sway either so that makes it worse for me im seriously freaking out lol!!
dont loose hope hun you have swayed well and im sure you will get your little girl!!! :hug2:

aww thanks for saying that....tho if im honest i still beleive in my head that im having a boy even tho ive had lots of nub guesses saying girl i just cant bring myself to beleive it!!

xx

homebirthing princess
October 4th, 2012, 08:40 AM
I've just been using the doppler to see if I can pick up the heartbeat again and I felt a kick, I thought I must be imagining it but focused the doppler where I had felt it and got another really big one! I saw it as well as felt it, almost like the baby did a big body flip! I'm absolutely stunned as I thought it was way to early to feel movements, I'm only 12+2. I felt movements at about 15 weeks with ds1 and around 17 weeks with ds2 so I wasn't expecting anything for a while yet!!

aww mummy thats great not only did you hear the hb you felt bubs kick amazing!!! it is truely the most amazing feeling ever!! i felt ds2 at 13wks so i dont think its to early at all!! :) x

jessblonde77
October 4th, 2012, 08:52 AM
Hiya

Im new on here, due 7th March :) getting all girl guesses on my scan piccy on here and another gender site, after 3 boys, i don't believe it !!

I find out at my 2nd Scan Tues 9th October!!! eeeeeekkkk! please look at my 12 week piccy and let me know your thoughts
Cheers

Jess :)