PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Not as sick today and as last night as I was, Still nauseated but I was puking before :/
I don't think that's a good sign

suregena
October 4th, 2012, 09:45 AM
ahhhhh mummypink thats amazing!!!

suregena - push for the 12 week NT scan, the purpose of that one is completely different to the purpose of an early scan - so they shouldnt refuse you a NT scan..

I think I declined the NT scan as I had no concerns about Downs Syndrome. Is it just literally a scan then? Not invasive like amnio or anything? Maybe I'll agree to it this time...

Rosie85
October 4th, 2012, 11:09 AM
So when I was at the doctor the other day my doc was saying how he truly believes you can never sway for a gender. He was very discouraging...argh. He believes the egg chooses the sperm and nothing I did or do could ever change which it would choose. I am slightly annoyed because swaying seems to work...look at all the ladies getting their dream babies on here, or is it coincidence like doc says?

Grace
October 4th, 2012, 11:15 AM
So today I've allowed myself to wear maternity clothes for the first time, without minding who might notice my belly, and I must say it felt great! I suddenly remembered how I love being pregnant, I feel much more comfortable in my body, my boobs are fuller and those hips finally have some purpose.. I felt so relaxed, I even contemplated not finding out the gender, but I know I won't be able to resist, I must know EVERYTHING, if could have an u/s once a week I certainly would. Good luck with all the scans coming up ladies xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 4th, 2012, 11:19 AM
So when I was at the doctor the other day my doc was saying how he truly believes you can never sway for a gender. He was very discouraging...argh. He believes the egg chooses the sperm and nothing I did or do could ever change which it would choose. I am slightly annoyed because swaying seems to work...look at all the ladies getting their dream babies on here, or is it coincidence like doc says?

I think swaying helps a lot. Everything you did should make you feel great. Boy or girl, you did more than most. I think many women on this site got their dg from swaying, and you should be one of them. Good luck and don't get discouraged.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 4th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Ms is rearing it's ugly head again today. You were right Winngrin.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 4th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Not as sick today and as last night as I was, Still nauseated but I was puking before :/

How are you doing? Are you still testing? After the 2 days I had not feeling so sick I do believe it does come and go. You may be having a good day today.

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Hey tml! I felt sick yesterday am but then later in the day not nearly as bad as I have been and today as well, just a little queazy but no puking, I went to the chiro and I did keep my stomach more full but I just don't know if that could have helped that much. I feel like I'm preparing myself for the worst for tomorrow :/
How are you doing?? When is your scan? I can't remember , I'm awful with dates

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM

Last nights test test was darker than control Again .. So I Dont know

Lassie1982
October 4th, 2012, 04:14 PM
I think I declined the NT scan as I had no concerns about Downs Syndrome. Is it just literally a scan then? Not invasive like amnio or anything? Maybe I'll agree to it this time...

Here its just a normal scan, with ds it was quiet quick. They also take a blood test as they check for a couple of different chromosomal issue.....so no risk to bub with the procedure whatsoever :)

Cinss
October 4th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Hi Jess welcome :) Best of luck getting your girl after 3 boys.

Suregena the NT scan is the one that you may be lucky enough to get a nub shot too :)

Rosie most doctors feel that way because swaying is not in their textbooks, i wouldn't worry about what they think.

Mummypink oh wow i cant wait to feel baby move, that is so exciting :)

I have had a terrible headache for 3 days now :( I will probably have a panadol today, i was really trying not to though.

Rosie85
October 4th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Anyone else got temperament issues?! Everything my husband and boys do drives me crazy. I feel awful because it seems I have been on a yelling spree and I feel like hitting and throwing things. I just want to run away and cry at moments. My hormones have gone bananas this pregnancy.... that's for sure.

Shellbelle
October 4th, 2012, 07:02 PM
I'm right there with you, Rosie. Very touchy, very moody, very emotional. I feel bad for my kids and dh.

Feeling MUCH less sick today and its worrying me too, ladies. I pray that it's really a "come and go" type thing. It's awful that we can't even enjoy the good days because they scare us so.

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 07:06 PM
That's how I feel shell. If I'm super sick I hate it and if I'm not sick I'm worried. my last pregnancy really screwed me up. It's awful, I'm thinking that if this pregnancy doesn't work out (You can tell I have high hopes ugh) I would just want to do HT next time and make sure its a girl , just because I can't keep doing this pregnancy thing :/
I can deal with the sick and the more kids, I just can't deal with the nerves during pregnancy, I know it's putting a strain on my kids and my husband

mrshonyez
October 4th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Anyone else got temperament issues?! Everything my husband and boys do drives me crazy. I feel awful because it seems I have been on a yelling spree and I feel like hitting and throwing things. I just want to run away and cry at moments. My hormones have gone bananas this pregnancy.... that's for sure.

I've been like that... I feel bad for everyone around me! Luckily it seems to be getting better finally!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 4th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Remember me freaking out a few days ago because I was feeling good...I'd love to have them back now!! I've been so sick today. As much as I want a girl, I will NEVER do this again. Like some of you ladies, I'm feeling bad for my kids and dh. I could kill all of them at times and not feel bad about it...lol.

Butterfly Spirit
October 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM

My M/S alternated..nausea constantly but not always throwing up, and I did have good days ...that were MUCH better than others. I wouldn't stress!

Butterfly Spirit
October 4th, 2012, 08:36 PM
I've just been using the doppler to see if I can pick up the heartbeat again and I felt a kick, I thought I must be imagining it but focused the doppler where I had felt it and got another really big one! I saw it as well as felt it, almost like the baby did a big body flip! I'm absolutely stunned as I thought it was way to early to feel movements, I'm only 12+2. I felt movements at about 15 weeks with ds1 and around 17 weeks with ds2 so I wasn't expecting anything for a while yet!!

That is when I felt my baby's first flutters with this pregnancy! :)

mrshonyez
October 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I've just been using the doppler to see if I can pick up the heartbeat again and I felt a kick, I thought I must be imagining it but focused the doppler where I had felt it and got another really big one! I saw it as well as felt it, almost like the baby did a big body flip! I'm absolutely stunned as I thought it was way to early to feel movements, I'm only 12+2. I felt movements at about 15 weeks with ds1 and around 17 weeks with ds2 so I wasn't expecting anything for a while yet!!

I was 12+5 with DS2 when I felt it, and I know it sounds crazy but I swear I've felt this one since around 10 weeks... I thought I was nuts but it felt like baby flipped over, so I borrowed a Doppler from a friend and picked up the heartbeat there immediately! So not sure if its been a coincidence... But it keeps happening once in a while and I pick up the hb where I feel it!

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Wow! I've never felt my kids movements that early! I wish I did! think I'm so busy running around I just don't pay attention

spinningmadly
October 4th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Btw I spoke too soon,I feel like crap again tonight and gaggy

homebirthing princess
October 5th, 2012, 01:48 AM
I'm definitely with you ladies re mood swings....my poor dh says I'm horrible to live with lol I go from emotional to a moody cow in a split second, I'm sure I've never been like this before! I'm also starting to feel sick again great, I thought I'd kicked that at 16wks grrrr!

I'm so excited ladies I've just brought a vintage silvercross to restore :) if I find out its a girl it will be pink and cream if its a boy it will be navy and cream will post a pic.....

homebirthing princess
October 5th, 2012, 01:50 AM

Will have pink hood and apron with a cream base....or navy hood/apron with cream base if its a boy :) I've always wanted a vintage pram xx

suregena
October 5th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Hey tml! I felt sick yesterday am but then later in the day not nearly as bad as I have been and today as well, just a little queazy but no puking, I went to the chiro and I did keep my stomach more full but I just don't know if that could have helped that much. I feel like I'm preparing myself for the worst for tomorrow :/
How are you doing?? When is your scan? I can't remember , I'm awful with dates

I've been eating practically nonstop and it does help. But it makes eating feel like work. It's just not enjoyable, especially so constantly. But if I don't, then I feel really sick. Have so far avoided throwing up. With my son I sort of did this constant eating tactic and threw up only twice.

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 03:12 AM

Will have pink hood and apron with a cream base....or navy hood/apron with cream base if its a boy :) I've always wanted a vintage pram xx

You're funny, it's going to need a pink hood and cream base!! :p

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I'm definitely with you ladies re mood swings....my poor dh says I'm horrible to live with lol I go from emotional to a moody cow in a split second, I'm sure I've never been like this before! I'm also starting to feel sick again great, I thought I'd kicked that at 16wks grrrr!

I'm so excited ladies I've just brought a vintage silvercross to restore :) if I find out its a girl it will be pink and cream if its a boy it will be navy and cream will post a pic.....

My sickness crept back on me this week.. starting on Sun, and yes I threw up at the party on Sun! lol

homebirthing princess
October 5th, 2012, 04:33 AM
My sickness crept back on me this week.. starting on Sun, and yes I threw up at the party on Sun! lol

Oh no :( that sucks, just when you think you can start enjoying your pregnancy! X hope your feeling ok today?
5days till my scan butterfly ahhhhhh lol xx

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 04:35 AM
Oh no :( that sucks, just when you think you can start enjoying your pregnancy! X hope your feeling ok today?
5days till my scan butterfly ahhhhhh lol xx

Exactly LOL..Oh well.. still means a thriving baby so that makes me happy! :)

And yes I know, I've had you on my mind the past few days! I can't wait!!!!
You should have a gender reveal party too :p

Tiffani3
October 5th, 2012, 05:24 AM

Oooooo I love it!!! :)
And agree with butterfly will be needing a pink hood xx

homebirthing princess
October 5th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Thanks tiff I can't wait to restore it :)
Wish I could fast forward the next few days!! At least I have my bday monday then our wedding anniversary on tuesday fx it will go fast! Xx

Lassie1982
October 5th, 2012, 06:11 AM

WOW! I absolutely adore classical looking prams. I am getting and Emmaljunga this time round - no if's or but's!
YOu know how most young girls dream of their wedding dress? well i never did - I dreamt of having an Emmaljunga pram.
Last time round we got a bertini bidwell becuase of the price....buts it was very poor second cousin LOL.

mummypink
October 5th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Love it Homebirthing! It's going to look fab! :)

I have been feeling ok the last few days and then last night I started feeling like I was on a boat and just felt so sick, it was horrible. Still not feeling great today, I think it is because I've had too many late nights - seriously not good! I could use a nap but I have so much to do!

Heard the babies heartbeat really clearly this morning and ds1 heard it too, it was about 165 from the reading I got. DS1 had a heart rate of 163 at 12+5 and DS2 had a heart rate of 155 at 13+2 so all pretty similar.
I'm going to a baby show a week on Saturday where you can sell new or second hand babies/ childrens things. I so wish I knew if I was having a girl this time so I could sell my boy stuff and use the money to buy pink! I'm going to try and sell my tandem buggy anyway so that I can justify to hubby getting a new travel system. Our old one had a wasps nest in it as it was being stored in the garage - dh said it would be fine and we could clean it up despite the fact the wasps had eaten through the straps!! Erm ... no I don't think so!!!! x

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Oh I love that pram! That will be pretty!
Your moody ness sounds like a girly symptom to me if it's not normal for you...

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 09:47 AM

Oh, I love it! I can't wait to see your pink restoration! :)

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Today the nausea is back, but not as awful as it was earlier this week. But the past few days I've been seeing more and more of what looks like ewcm. I don't remember this with other pregnancies. Anyone else seeing this? I swear, I don't think I'll be able to relax until May. Lol

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Today the nausea is back, but not as awful as it was earlier this week. But the past few days I've been seeing more and more of what looks like ewcm. I don't remember this with other pregnancies. Anyone else seeing this? I swear, I don't think I'll be able to relax until May. Lol

I'm sorry you are sick... just remember it means thriving baby!!!! :)

As far as discharge it can be clear.. white.. yellow errr... even green hahahahaha
I fall in the last three catagories and I have been checked out to be normal.. it started once I turned 30. lol
it's not a joy at all though!

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry you are sick... just remember it means thriving baby!!!! :)

As far as discharge it can be clear.. white.. yellow errr... even green hahahahaha
I fall in the last three catagories and I have been checked out to be normal.. it started once I turned 30. lol
it's not a joy at all though!

Thanks! I'm actually happy the nausea is back. I really worry when it's gone, and the ewcm kind of made the worry worse. I keep running to the bathroom to check the tp.

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks! I'm actually happy the nausea is back. I really worry when it's gone, and the ewcm kind of made the worry worse. I keep running to the bathroom to check the tp.

Even at the past halfway point of my pregnancy I still do...every single time!!! :/

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Shell I've had a lot for about two weeks now. I didn't have any for the first few weeks. And like Butterfly, it's a strange color at times...like green...hahahaha. And to think, green is my favorite color. Just don't like seeing it on my toilet paper.

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Shell I've had a lot for about two weeks now. I didn't have any for the first few weeks. And like Butterfly, it's a strange color at times...like green...hahahaha. And to think, green is my favorite color. Just don't like seeing it on my toilet paper.

Lol, yes, green is a bit bizarre. Thanks ladies. You're making me feel better.

Butterfly, I check throughout most of my pregnancy, too -- I've had such bad bleeding issues with the last two that I always just expected to see it. It's an obsession.

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
I was totally dry until this week, so it's just weird. I guess maybe I can just expect it from now on.

Rosie85
Mummy I think it is time for a new system for sure! The wasps ate through the straps?! Yikes

Gorgeous pram Home!! I am jealous you get to fix it up in pink !! :wink:

Butterfly Spirit
Lol, yes, green is a bit bizarre. Thanks ladies. You're making me feel better.

Butterfly, I check throughout most of my pregnancy, too -- I've had such bad bleeding issues with the last two that I always just expected to see it. It's an obsession.

I understand...boy do I ever understand. :/
I took my first two pregnancies FOR GRANTED!

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Yeah honestly , I liked when I took things for granted better! and just assumed everything was fine.

I have been having a lot of discharge too.. i assumed it was from my progesterone suppositories but now I wonder...

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah honestly , I liked when I took things for granted better! and just assumed everything was fine.

I have been having a lot of discharge too.. i assumed it was from my progesterone suppositories but now I wonder...

It's totally normal babe! :) You're :pregnant: Didn't you say you have a scan coming up!?

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Today!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Today!!

YAY!!!!!!!!! :D When?

Rosie85
October 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Ladies I have lots of discharge too, always do with my pregnancies. I wear a liner and forget about it. it's harmless until it turns to blood or has a fishy smell--indicating infection.

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I need to know...Who here pees their pants when they sneeze!? I need someone to commiserate with!!! LOL

Rosie are you still gagging on your mucus like me and then almost puking every time that happens? ;)

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Oh, I do! Just a little but it's gotten worse with every pg. lol

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Oh, I do! Just a little but it's gotten worse with every pg. lol

OMG it's horrible this time. I'm wearing pads when I remember to... or I change my pants a couple times a day and constantly washing them hahahaa Eww! :(

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:48 AM
OMG it's horrible this time. I'm wearing pads when I remember to... or I change my pants a couple times a day and constantly washing them hahahaa Eww! :(

I do the same thing. I feel as if I probably smell like my 80 year old grandma.

homebirthing princess
Isn't pregnancy a beautiful thing lol discharge, leaky boobs, mucus and being sick to name a few lol!
I've always had discharge when pregnant been tested and its fine, also butterfly yes I pee when I sneeze or laugh :rofl:
Xxx

Butterfly Spirit
I do the same thing. I feel as if I probably smell like my 80 year old grandma.

OMG ME TOO!!!

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:50 AM
OMG ME TOO!!!

Lololol! At first I thought it was my super-smeller nose smelling the 2 yo. Then I thought maybe dh was smelling pee-ish. Then I realized... It's more than likely me. Lololololol!

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Lololol! At first I thought it was my super-smeller nose smelling the 2 yo. Then I thought maybe dh was smelling pee-ish. Then I realized... It's more than likely me. Lololololol!

To Shelle and HB:
:rofl:
I still don't get WHY our DHs get SUPER horny after we fall prego despite.. all that happens..
bahahahaha I've hated sex this pregnancy with a passion!
Orgasms were making me nauseated! Finally now though... I have some good times where it is actually enjoyable! Keyword here: SOME! lol

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 10:54 AM
To Shelle and HB:
:rofl:
I still don't get WHY our DHs get SUPER horny after we fall prego despite.. all that happens..
bahahahaha I've hated sex this pregnancy with a passion!
Orgasms were making me nauseated! Finally now though... I have some good times where it is actually enjoyable! Keyword here: SOME! lol

My doc put me on pelvic rest the last time we had sex, which was like 3 weeks ago, because it made me spot. Dh is dying for me to ask if the ban has been lifted but I am so thankful for it. I have never wanted sex less!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 10:56 AM
I have mucous and pee when I sneeze. I've never had mucous before. Why do we get this?

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I have mucous and pee when I sneeze. I've never had mucous before. Why do we get this?

LOL If we google it we can probably find an answer related to relaxed muscles.. down there?

But the mucus thing for me is.. I feel it in my throat and I HAVE to get it out! I hate it SO bad I almost puke every time... and it doesn't stop until my baby is out. Brushing my teeth also brings it on, and I've found using the kids 2 in one mouthwash toothpaste is less harsh!
But when you sneeze you gag on your mucus?

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
My doc put me on pelvic rest the last time we had sex, which was like 3 weeks ago, because it made me spot. Dh is dying for me to ask if the ban has been lifted but I am so thankful for it. I have never wanted sex less!

LOL! This is me too! I have been on pelvic rest since 7W5D! My u/s is next week and I am holding firm on not doing anything until then.

atomic sagebrush
October 5th, 2012, 11:14 AM

your body makes a hormone called 'relaxin' which helps your joints get stretchy to allow your tummy to grow during pg and also to allow the baby to pass thru the birth canal. It also affects your baby to make them a littlemore bendy while in the womb and pass more easily thru the pelvis. It affects all the tissues in your body, so you pee super easy even before baby is putting pressure on the bladder, get heartburn, and are constipated more easily too.

suregena
October 5th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Hey all - I have a loooot of discharge, too... so I think it's safe to say it's normal! :)

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I am so excited that I hit 12 weeks today! Wahoo!!!!!!!!!!! I think my girl in my siggie has a little pooch now too.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 01:24 PM
She so does!!! Congrats on hitting 12 weeks. I can't believe you're already there.

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Waiting for scan now and Freaking out but this thread is funny!
With my last pregnancy I would pee my pants when I'd puke! Lovely right??

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Waiting for scan now and Freaking out but this thread is funny!
With my last pregnancy I would pee my pants when I'd puke! Lovely right??

Been there, done that...and still do!! I hold my crotch now when I throw up...lol!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Good luck spinning!!! Happy hb thoughts coming your way!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Been there, done that...and still do!! I hold my crotch now when I throw up...lol!!!

He He! Picturing a Michael Jackson scream and foot dance.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I flippin love you NC!!! Never thought of it like that. Now I'll be humming MJ songs while my dinner hits the toilet bowl!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 03:05 PM
I wish I could hit the like button over and over again. I'm laughing so much I could pee again.

Tiffani3
October 5th, 2012, 03:07 PM

Hahaha I do that too! :) and when I sneeze!! Must look like a right nut lol hay I don't care xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 03:09 PM
NC maybe I should sing "The Way You Make Me Feel" to my food after I'm done throwing up!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
You have me cracking up so hard over here!!!! I am starting to get my sense of humor back! LOL!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 5th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Remember our Aug 2ww thread. I laughed so hard that month!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 03:55 PM
We went from laughing so hard to almost dying from sickness! What a crazy 2.5 months it has been!

mummypink
October 5th, 2012, 04:38 PM
lol you lot are hilarious!! :D

I don't have the pee thing .... yet anyway!! I do have lots of cm though and have done since my bfp, I read somewhere it was your mucus plug building up but I would have thought that would be pretty much done by now?! I can't remember if I had it in my last pregnancies, but probably.

I have the phlegm thing still too, so annoying and really makes me feel sick!
Just as I thought my skin was improving I have a load more spots, totally yuck, I feel so grotty!!

When do we get to the radiant glowing stage again?

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 05:03 PM
well appt was ok but not as great as I wanted.
Saw an embryo and sac that measured right on to the day but no heartbeat yet, 6 weeks 4 days. she said her machine doesn't usually pick it up until 7-8 weeks. has anyone else ever heard of that?? I am trying not to freak out :/

NCBeachyGrl
October 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Saw an embryo and sac that measured right on to the day but no heartbeat yet, 6 weeks 4 days. she said her machine doesn't usually pick it up until 7-8 weeks. has anyone else ever heard of that?? I am trying not to freak out :/

I am sure everything is OK! Maybe that is why they prefer ppl to come in between 7-9 weeks. When do you go back?

suregena
October 5th, 2012, 05:17 PM

My appointment on Monday they only booked for then because I would be closer to 7 weeks for that very reason. If you're measuring exactly right, don't worry!

suregena
October 5th, 2012, 05:19 PM
I felt pretty good after lunch for a while today and then after dinner. Now I am feeling so flipping queasy... I just had some yogurt but it isn't helping. It's like I have to eat an entire *meal* because I feel all right. I just feel like all I'm doing is EATING!!! I've already gained so much weight! CRAP!

We have little cheese pizzas... the bread... I'm so tempted to make one, but it's 10.30pm. I'm just at a loss of what to stick in my belly to make it quit for a minute.

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 05:33 PM
I go back on the 17th which is 8 weeks and 1 day. I just emailed my normal midwife (she wasn't available today) to ask her if I really had to wait that long because I'm kind of freaking out..

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I might just see if I can go to maternal fetal medicine next week, they said they would be happy to do my u/s anytime

Shellbelle
October 5th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I might just see if I can go to maternal fetal medicine next week, they said they would be happy to do my u/s anytime

That is awesome. And in my experience, they have better equipment.

mrshonyez
October 5th, 2012, 09:21 PM
So glad to know I'm not the only one gagging on mucous, and having tons of discharge :/
I've been nauseous this whole time, but didnt throw up until last night... Turned out to be a horrible stomach bug so I got to spend the day (also happens to be my bday :( ) in the ER. Had some major contractions so that was pretty scary! But the nurse said that's common when you're so dehydrated. Still not a fun time... Blah I never freaked out as much with my other pregnancies!

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Oh no! How are you feeling now? Happy birthday too..

mrshonyez
October 5th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Better now, no contractions in about 5 hours! My poor DS1 had it too so I felt awful for him. We've both just been laying around drinking Gatorade all day. And thank you, what a way to spend my bday huh lol.

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 09:55 PM
So glad to know I'm not the only one gagging on mucous, and having tons of discharge :/
I've been nauseous this whole time, but didnt throw up until last night... Turned out to be a horrible stomach bug so I got to spend the day (also happens to be my bday :( ) in the ER. Had some major contractions so that was pretty scary! But the nurse said that's common when you're so dehydrated. Still not a fun time... Blah I never freaked out as much with my other pregnancies!

I'm sorry you had to go through that! I hope you are feeling much better now!

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:02 PM

Don't freak out yet Spinning, please just enjoy being pregnant especially if you aren't morning sick yet! LOL

spinningmadly
October 5th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Lol. I'm super sick. that's why i hate being in limbo, I hate being sick and not knowing if it's even for anything

Butterfly Spirit
October 5th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Lol. I'm super sick. that's why i hate being in limbo, I hate being sick and not knowing if it's even for anything

Okay I'm sorry, I can't keep up and remember sometimes LOL :)
It is actually the best sign you have that baby is alive and thriving! That's what my doc told me!
Just try to stay positive and BUSY before your next scan. I think everything is okay! You are taking progesterone. :)

homebirthing princess
October 6th, 2012, 05:23 AM

hope your ok now...that must have been very scary xx

homebirthing princess
October 6th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Morning you lovely lot how's everyone feeling today?

I have something un pregnancy related to share with you 2day but I need to show some1 as my friend won't see it till tomorrow...... I have made my 1st christening cake for her little boy as a christening prezzie, its the 1st cake I've been able to do since being pregnant which hasn't made me sick woohoo! And I actually thought hey maybe blue isn't that bad lol!
Anyway here it is ....5152

Butterfly Spirit
October 6th, 2012, 05:35 AM
BEAUTIFUL cake HBP, You are a talented woman! :)

suregena
October 6th, 2012, 06:10 AM
I slept through the night and didn't wake up until 8.30am and I DIDN'T feel sick, just had to pee.

I feel just "bleh" but not sick today... getting nervous. :/

homebirthing princess
October 6th, 2012, 06:12 AM
BEAUTIFUL cake HBP, You are a talented woman! :)

Thanks my lovely :) can't wait for my friend to see it! Got me thinking about gender reveal cakes and baby shower cakes eeek so excited! Xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 6th, 2012, 07:11 AM
Such a pretty cake HBP!!!! I wish I had talent like that!!! That cake definitely makes blue look cute.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM
That is one AMAZING cake. Oliver is one lucky little man. Thanks for sharing the pic with us!!

Spinning I hope you're doing ok. I hope you get in there next week. Nobody should be left in limbo!

spinningmadly
October 6th, 2012, 09:20 AM
That is an awesome cake!! beautiful!!

I heard back from my mw, she said I could come in next week but of course we then run the same risk and would have to go in again too.
I think I might just see if I can go to maternal fetal medicine since their machines are much better and they are more skilled.

Shellbelle
October 6th, 2012, 09:46 AM
What a gorgeous cake! I hope everyone is feeling better today!

mrshonyez
October 6th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Beautiful cake!! I wish I could do that! And yes, thank you I feel much better. Lost 6 lbs tho and I had only gained 7 since getting off the LE diet :/ why can't that happen when I'm not pregnant and actually trying to lose weight?? Lol. And also, no more contractions thank goodness. I was pretty worried!

mummypink
October 6th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Fantastic cake! :)

I might do some gender reveal cup cakes for my boys, fun way for them to find out!

Spinning - try not to stress hun, sounds like everything is as it should be.

Hope everyone is feeling better today xx

mummypink
October 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Mrshoneyz hope the contractions have well and truly stopped, sounds like you need to pick another day to celebrate your birthday properly. xx

mrshonyez
October 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mrshoneyz hope the contractions have well and truly stopped, sounds like you need to pick another day to celebrate your birthday properly. xx
Thanks, I think they finally have. Definitely not looking forward to labor after that though... I couldn't even talk through them! My sweet DH sent me some flowers and some nice boots that I've been wanting, so that made my day better :)

Shellbelle
October 6th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Thanks, I think they finally have. Definitely not looking forward to labor after that though... I couldn't even talk through them! My sweet DH sent me some flowers and some nice boots that I've been wanting, so that made my day better :)

That sounds awful! We're so relieved that you're feeling better today!

Tiffani3
October 6th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Oh mrshonyez glad your feeling better what a worry that must have been, happy birthday to you too! xx

Tiffani3
October 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Morning you lovely lot how's everyone feeling today?

I have something un pregnancy related to share with you 2day but I need to show some1 as my friend won't see it till tomorrow...... I have made my 1st christening cake for her little boy as a christening prezzie, its the 1st cake I've been able to do since being pregnant which hasn't made me sick woohoo! And I actually thought hey maybe blue isn't that bad lol!
Anyway here it is ....5152

Wow that's lovely you are clever! xx

suregena
October 6th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Nevermind.... feel so sick right now.

Butterfly Spirit
October 6th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Nevermind.... feel so sick right now.

With my boys it only hit at night and it hit HARD! Sometimes with DS#2 I would be nauseous in the morning but it just wasn't often. So my point is it may only happen at a certain time during the day.

spinningmadly
October 6th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Mines always been worse in evenings than mornings

Butterfly Spirit
October 6th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Mines always been worse in evenings than mornings

Now I think about it I had 24/7 nausea with this one BUT... it was the worst at night :)

Shellbelle
October 6th, 2012, 06:53 PM
This one is 24/7, but worse just after breakfast and between 4-6 pm.

I think food prep factors into that a little. My kids are hearing "make yourself a sandwich" pretty much every night.

Cinss
October 6th, 2012, 07:40 PM
I find it is worst in the afternoon too, just before i have to make dinner. I have really gone off meat, the thought of eating it makes me nearly gag, its so hard because that is all DP wants to eat so i have to make it for him and then just have cereal or bread or soup for myself.

Lassie1982
October 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I find it is worst in the afternoon too, just before i have to make dinner. I have really gone off meat, the thought of eating it makes me nearly gag, its so hard because that is all DP wants to eat so i have to make it for him and then just have cereal or bread or soup for myself.

Sounds like me! I had to leave the room yesterday and eat my soup in the living room because i couldn't stand the smell of the sausages DH and DS were eating!

My nausea hasnt been too bad - it comes and goes in waves.....its the extreme fatigue thats got me...its ridiculous :(

homebirthing princess
October 7th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Sorry your all feeling so pants, but try and look at it as a good sign everything is ok! Hard I know when everything makes u ill! My sickness was terrible in the mornings/evenings and in fact if I haven't eaten by 7am I still wanna be sick! I lost 7lbs the 1st few wks as I couldn't eat hardly anything, what I've found strange this time is just how much food/drink I've gone off....I used 2 drink a lot of tea but i can't bare it now I also can only eat fresh tiger bread, normal shop bread ect makes me so ill and so does cake! I love elderflower juice and tropical pure juice also love choc and milk! I've never gone off food before!
Anyone else have any strange cravings yet?

homebirthing princess
October 7th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Beautiful cake!! I wish I could do that! And yes, thank you I feel much better. Lost 6 lbs tho and I had only gained 7 since getting off the LE diet :/ why can't that happen when I'm not pregnant and actually trying to lose weight?? Lol. And also, no more contractions thank goodness. I was pretty worried!

So pleased your ok now :)

mrshonyez
October 7th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Thank you, you are all so nice! Hbp, funny you say you love chocolate and milk, I can't stand the smell of chocolate milk mix and DS1 wants it every morning!! I can't stand most red meat, but I have been wanting lots of potatoes, cheese, and sweets. And pasta! My cravings/aversions seem so different than my other pregnancies, but I'm still convinced its a boy. Having my private scan tomorrow, so hopefully I'll know for sure by then!

mummypink
October 7th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Homebirthing - I am massively craving white UK bread, hmmm tiger bread yummy!! They don't have so much of the lovely soft stuff over here and you can't buy strong flour so I can't even make it. We have a bread machine so make our own wholemeal normally. With the boys milk tasted off for the first 12-15 weeks but this time I haven't noticed that at all and could actually drink gallons of the stuff.
I have gone of meat quite a bit, and food generally but I'm fine with fruit.

My ms has been pretty much all day as mild nausea and is much worse if I am tired or haven't eaten. I've been eating cracker breads for breakfast as that is all I really fancy, lunch is often more cracker breads with a thin slice of cheese on them.
With ds2 I had horrendous morning sickness and lost about 6lbs during the first 14 weeks of the pregnancy, this time I haven't been eating loads but the weight gain is there. I'm not sure what I've put on so far though, really should weigh myself.
I've been sorting toys and things out today as I'm going to a second hand sale thing for baby or childrens stuff in a couple of weeks. I so wish I knew the gender, I just wanted to start sorting out all the boy stuff that I won't need .... but of course I might need it!!
We have a girl name picked, but cannot find another boy name we both like yet .... I really want to have one picked before the scan in November so I feel a bit more prepared? Not sure if that sounds a bit weird!

I hope everyone is doing ok xxx

Butterfly Spirit
October 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Thank you, you are all so nice! Hbp, funny you say you love chocolate and milk, I can't stand the smell of chocolate milk mix and DS1 wants it every morning!! I can't stand most red meat, but I have been wanting lots of potatoes, cheese, and sweets. And pasta! My cravings/aversions seem so different than my other pregnancies, but I'm still convinced its a boy. Having my private scan tomorrow, so hopefully I'll know for sure by then!

OOH how exciting!!! Are you going to find out what baby is? :)

NCBeachyGrl
October 7th, 2012, 04:28 PM

Good luck tomorrow!!!! I hope you hear pink!!! I will be stalking for your update.

mrshonyez
October 7th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I'm the same way munmypink, I want a set boys name but DH and I are having a hard time agreeing on one lol!
I sure hope so butterfly!! It's the same tech who gave me my boy guess at 13 weeks, so we'll see if she's right!
Thank you NC!! My scan isn't until about 6:30pm central time, so I have to wait alllll day! But I'll update as soon as I can, I promise :)

Cinss
October 7th, 2012, 05:35 PM
We also have a girl name picked already but are finding it really hard to come up with a boy name. We are going to wait till the gender scan to see if we really will get to name a boy.

I am also loving cracker bread with cheese and tomato for lunch, apples for snacks and ice blocks as treats, its getting really hot here now its heading into Summer soon, so it is making me even more tired and thirsty all the time.

Lassie1982
October 8th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Good luck mrshoneyz!!
We've had our girl name picked for years LOL.
As for boys name, I have none that I am sold on, Dh has one, but I'm not 100% on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suregena
October 8th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Bleh. Feeling rough this morning but have to get up and get my son up and ready to go to the ultrasound. I'm going to a different hospital than my nearby one specifically because I work in the nearby one and know the ultrasound staff. People work cross site at both hospitals so I may still run into someone, but hopefully not. Just really not looking forward to spending an hour+ getting there on public transport with a toddler on my own (hubby is at work but is meeting me there.)

Nervous!

Lassie1982
October 8th, 2012, 01:50 AM
Bleh. Feeling rough this morning but have to get up and get my son up and ready to go to the ultrasound. I'm going to a different hospital than my nearby one specifically because I work in the nearby one and know the ultrasound staff. People work cross site at both hospitals so I may still run into someone, but hopefully not. Just really not looking forward to spending an hour+ getting there on public transport with a toddler on my own (hubby is at work but is meeting me there.)

Nervous!

Good Luck :luck:

Make sure you let us know how you go!

Tiffani3
October 8th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Good luck suregena xx
And mrshonyez hope all goes well xx

mummypink
October 8th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Good luck Suregena and Mrshoneyez for your scans today!

Lassie - we've had our girls name picked for years too, it was what we were going to call ds1 if he had been a girl. Really hope we get to use it! :)

Lassie1982
October 8th, 2012, 03:14 AM
i told my boss today!
I wasnt planning to do it till the 12 week mark as he can be a right bastard at times, but in the back of my mind i knew he would guilt trip me for not telling me sooner so i was torn (plus im really struggling to hide the bump!)
So anyway we were talking about staffing movement early next year and i felt it was an appropriate time to mention it, as it does have a bearing on next years staffing plans and movements - and much to my surprise he took it very well! Im in shock!! (and relieved) I told him i dont want anyone to know till we've had our 12 week scan so hopefully he will respect this - mind you the office gossip will start based on my expanding stomach (which is normally washboard flat!)

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Good luck with your scans today ladies! Mrs I hope you hear pink my lovely will be stalking all day!
Mummy I can't get enough dairy its strange cos I usually hate milk! And it sucks about the bread situation I would have been stuffed if I couldn't get tiger bread its all I ate for the 1st 14wks!

Weve had a girl name picked since ds1 fx on weds I can tell you what it is! We can't agree on a boys name though!
Well its my birthday today and in true tradition I've woken up with a horrid cold and sore throat it happens every year! Poor me lol :) xx

suregena
October 8th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Went well! Perfect heartbeat, on track for growth from the dates I knew I ovulated so that confirms I definitely ovulated when I did. They put my due date as May 28th 2013.

There was also an area that looked like a failed twin that didn't develop! Holy crap, but it's not there so didn't develop. So just one baby.

:)

Tiffani3
October 8th, 2012, 06:02 AM
That's great suregena you had a lovely heartbeat and dates all match up! Sorry about the twin are you ok? xx

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 06:21 AM
Glad eveything went well suregena, sorry to hear about bubbas twin xx

suregena
October 8th, 2012, 07:36 AM
That's great suregena you had a lovely heartbeat and dates all match up! Sorry about the twin are you ok? xx

I'm fine - I was mainly surprised to hear it! While the idea of twins sounds fantastic, I'm a very short 5 ft person and I just think that would have really taken a toll on my body. But fascinating to hear - I'd have to say it was the soy isoflavones for sure!

Oh, and she also said I had beaaaautiful ovaries. Hahaha...

There was that second empty sac thing area (the possible twin that never developed as there is nothing there) and then another small area that could represent some blood which explains the spotting. But otherwise, the baby is right on target, strong heartbeat, and I'm a happy momma!

NCBeachyGrl
October 8th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Glad everything looked good Suregena! I had a vanishing twin with DS2 and they monitored the empty sac until it disappeared. Congrats on healthy baby!!

suregena
October 8th, 2012, 07:52 AM
This isn't my ultrasound - it's just a picture I found on the internet. The picture she gave me is only of the alive baby.

But this random photo I found on google is very similar to one of the views she showed me of mine -
http://twinpossible.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/VTS-Vanishing-Twin-Syndrome.jpg

Craaaaazy! I don't think they'll keep monitoring it, though. Who knows. I'll be seeing the midwife for the first time next week so we'll see if she'll say anything as I have a copy of the report to give to her.

Wishing4Pink
October 8th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Good luck Mrshoneyez with your scan today!!

Glad everything went today Suregena, how interesting about the twin.

Will be stalking you on your scan day homebirthingprincess, not long!!!!!! :)

Well went for my dating scan today, was so nervous as you never know what they will find. Everything went great, just the one baby ( as there is twins in the family). Had to take my nearly 3 year old as know one knows so couldn't get a baby sitter and he really behaved himself x Baby was measuring bang on with dates aswell.

Wishing4Pink
October 8th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Happy Birthday HBP, hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt :flowerz:

P.s just seen the cake you made, fab!!!

spinningmadly
October 8th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Good news Surgena ! When do you go back?
I made an appt with the Peri for weds as they have much better machines to see if this one has a Hb or not
Hbp- what time is your scan??

spinningmadly
October 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
My original due date is coming up so I'm feeling kind of down :( I have a friend due with a girl around the same exact time and I hate seeing fb posts

NCBeachyGrl
October 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
This was my 7 week pic with DS2, you can really see the 2nd sac. CRAZY!!

Tiffani3
October 8th, 2012, 09:23 AM
My original due date is coming up so I'm feeling kind of down :( I have a friend due with a girl around the same exact time and I hate seeing fb posts

Big hugs to you sweetie xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 8th, 2012, 09:33 AM

I am so sorry! I can imagine that has to be so hard. Big, big hugs.

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Happy Birthday HBP, hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt :flowerz:

P.s just seen the cake you made, fab!!!

Thanks hunni :) xx

Shellbelle
October 8th, 2012, 10:43 AM

HUGS to you!

Suregena, I'm so glad your scan went well!

I hope everyone is feeling well today! I'm still too sick to really be on the computer, but I wanted to check in and say hello.

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM

Huge hugs my lovely! xx

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Good news Surgena ! When do you go back?
I made an appt with the Peri for weds as they have much better machines to see if this one has a Hb or not
Hbp- what time is your scan??

My scan is 3.10pm weds, so I have to wait all day ahhhh x

I'm sure everything is fine with your little one xx

mrshonyez
October 8th, 2012, 10:54 AM
So sorry spinning! I can't even imagine how you must be feeling :(
Glad everyone's scans went well! How crazy on the possible vanishing twin!
Happy Bitthday hbp!! I can't wait to see your update on Wednesday too :))
And thanks everyone, I've been getting a lot more boy guesses on my NT pics... I'm pretty sure I'll hear blue today. The girls name we have picked is the same one we've had since ds1 also. The boys name I like I had picked for him also but DH has said no to it twice, so we'll see if it sticks this time lol.

Shellbelle
October 8th, 2012, 11:02 AM
So sorry spinning! I can't even imagine how you must be feeling :(
Glad everyone's scans went well! How crazy on the possible vanishing twin!
Happy Bitthday hbp!! I can't wait to see your update on Wednesday too :))
And thanks everyone, I've been getting a lot more boy guesses on my NT pics... I'm pretty sure I'll hear blue today. The girls name we have picked is the same one we've had since ds1 also. The boys name I like I had picked for him also but DH has said no to it twice, so we'll see if it sticks this time lol.

GL today!

mrshonyez
October 8th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Thank you shellbelle, I'm kinda nervous! Although I'm prepared to hear boy, I had still been hanging on to hope that it could be a girl, and that hope would be gone... I still love him/her either way, but I don't think I'll get another chance after this! We're still pretty young so that could change, but I just don't know.

suregena
October 8th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I didn't have heartburn with my son until much further on into the pregnancy. This one... I've had it nightly/daily for the past week!

homebirthing princess
October 8th, 2012, 04:57 PM
How did your scan go? Hope all is ok? Xx

HaleyR
October 8th, 2012, 05:07 PM
I'm due April 15, I have one 2 yr old daughter. No sway, but think it's a boy. Baby's bpm around 140. I stay sick all day, even sick on the medicine. Still losing weight but OB says it's still ok.

Shellbelle
October 8th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Welcome, Haley!

Cinss
October 8th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Hi Haley, i am also hoping for a boy and have a 2 year old daughter :)

NCBeachyGrl
October 8th, 2012, 07:18 PM
mrshonyez - hoping everything went well!!!!

mrshonyez
October 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
We just got done, coolest experience having her come to my house! It's definitely a little boy, he wasn't shy lol.

Shellbelle
October 8th, 2012, 09:16 PM
We just got done, coolest experience having her come to my house! It's definitely a little boy, he wasn't shy lol.

I think it's so awesome that they will come to you! That would solve a lot of problems here, lol. Congrats on your sweet baby boy! How are you doing?

mrshonyez
October 8th, 2012, 09:47 PM
It was way more personal too than going in to an office I think! I'm much better than I thought I would be, I mean I'm sad I may never get a girl but I'm happy to finally know for sure that its a he. He was so cute and was holding onto his boy parts at kne point lol.

mrshonyez
October 8th, 2012, 11:03 PM
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/0DEFA426-33DA-4E87-9FC1-D6A7EC0A5AD8-9494-00000CDABFC0A318.jpg
There's our proof!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/76132491-1051-43F0-A132-72791AFFD1F9-9494-00000CDBBA5211D0.jpg
And I thought this one was just too cute!

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 12:33 AM
[QUOTE=mrshonyez;263625]We just got done, coolest experience having her come to my house! It's definitely a little boy, he wasn't shy lol.[/QUOTE

Congratulations Mrs :) xx

mrshonyez
October 9th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Thank you, I'll be stalking for your scan update!!
I'm feeling alright for now, although DH wasn't too thrilled... I know he'll come around as he did both other times, I just hope it doesn't take long. I can't say I have any gender disappointment, bc I am in no way upset about who he is and who he'll grow up to be, but I still can't shake the tremendous gender desire I still have :( I think this is the hard part about finding out so early. Obviously he was meant to be part of our family, I just don't see me ever getting another chance. I had to talk up having another baby this time and DH still wasn't sure, but went along bc I tried my hardest with the diet and everything and we both really thought this would be it. Our original plan was to wait until February to ttc but I'm just too impatient, so I can't help but wonder how different things would be. However, I would never trade this sweet little boy for anything, and I already love him so much. He was meant to be. But I'll probably never get over the desire to have a daughter... I know no one else besides you ladies would understand. Everyone I know believes that you get what you are meant to have, and I do too, but why can't I be meant to have a girl too? I don't want to sound bad at all though, I truly am happy to be having him, just needed to get that all out and have no one IRL to say it to...

Lassie1982
October 9th, 2012, 01:40 AM
:hugs: mrshoneyz

I think you have a very strong frame of mind about it all :)

Like you, if this bubba turns out to be a boy (which my gut says it will be) i now that i wont be disappointed in HIM, but rather, disappointed that I will never have a daughter (DH's limit is 2, id go back for 3, but he is dead against it)

Never say never - you don't know what surprises future may bring...and maybe it will bring you a daughter one day.

Either way i think your outlook is a very healthy one and you should be proud of that :)

I know that life sometimes appears so unfair, and i myself find that I look at people who have both genders, and think 'what did they do to deserve it' (i especially think that about a particular individual who is sadly a terrible mother, and has had social services take away both her children - how come she got to have one of each - yet other mothers that would give their right arm to have that opportunity, don't) But everything happens, or doesnt happen, for a reason and we just have to trust in that.

Whenever my gender desire peaks and try and remind myself of my mum, she had 3 girls, then a boy...but she never ever wanted any girls (dont know why, neither does she) she always wanted 4 or 5 boys. She had major GD with me (i was the 3rd daughter) And then she finally got the son that she had spent her entire adult life wishing for - and sadly he has been nothing but sadness and trouble - I wont go into all the details, and of course she loves him, but it does make you wonder....looking back, she regrets that the desire took over her life, she regrets the GD that she couldnt put herself past, and she wonders wether maybe she should have let the gender desire go, rather then force and wish for something that was just not happening. Her situation reminds me that everything happens the way it should - and we need to try and find contentment in that.

Hope DH comes round soon, and whenever you need to vent thats what we are here for :)

Tiffani3
October 9th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Big hugs to you mrshonyez I'm sorry it's not your dd.
congratulations he does look ever so cute.
Having 3 ds's is truly lovely they are such good friends, well most of the time lol. I'm sure your little man will be the light of your life and loved so much.

Let out all your sadness to us sweetie we all completely understand. :hugs:

mummypink
October 9th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Congratulations Mrshoneyez! What a super cute little boy, the scan sounds fantastic! :)
I totally understand how you feel as that is exactly how I feel, I know if this baby is a boy I will love him to pieces and wouldn't change him for the world. It doesn't take away your longing for a daughter though. We definitely won't be having anymore as we just don't have the space or the money, we have no family nearby so I'd be worried that I wouldn't have enough time to give to each of my children. Plus I always had a rule in my head that once I got past 35 I wouldn't have any more and I'm 35 next year - just a personal decision I don't have any probs with older mums!

I think the finding out is the worst bit, I hate the limbo at the moment but also like the fact that I can still dream about having a girl as I don't know for definite yet. I know I need to find out at the scan though so I can get my head around it and not feel any disappointment about not having a daughter when he arrives.

Now go out and buy some new cute baby boy things to cheer yourself up, this little man is going to be super special! :) xxx

mummypink
October 9th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Had a really bad night sleep last night and I feel awful and sick today as a result. Bleugh! I feel like just curling up and going to sleep but I have so much to do!

On a more cheerful note - just seen my baby is the size of a peach now! :D x

suregena
October 9th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Ditto. I've come down with a bug, which my son also has, and I just had to call in today. My first call into work, but I still haven't told my supervisor. She wanted details on what I'm sick with but all I could say was that I had a fever through the night and feel 'very unwell.' Argh. I had a temperature last night and then was on the couch when my husband got home, shivering and shaking and then feeling like it was time... I was wanting to throw up so bad, it was horrible, by far the sickest I've felt so far. And then it carried on throughout the night. It was just horrible. It's like I've got a bug + morning sickness so I just feel really bad. My son woke up and had horrible diarrhea and was upset and screaming and I was trying to wash him down but I had the same problem myself, my stomach was in cramps and knots because I needed the toilet but was cleaning him up. Just awful.

They're more strict this year then last time I was pregnant, but as she doesn't yet know, this can technically follow the usual protocol... but technically it is a bug that's just made everything else feel ten times worse, so what can I do? I'll either try to go in tomorrow but if I can't I may just go to the GP to get a sick note and just tell her over the phone I'm pregnant. Either way - double-whammy BLAH.

Tiffani3
October 9th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Oh suregena that sounds awful hope you feel a bit better today xx

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 07:24 AM
aw ladies im really starting to panic about my scan tomorrow :nails: i know alot of you will say dont because of my nub shot but ive seen a few 100% girl votes turn out to be boy.....i know i will love him to peices im not worried about that im just so worried about the 'disapointment' i will feel im dreading it :( i can'not imagine ever having a girl and im convinced this is a boy, im not sure if ive convinced myself to protect myself iykwim? im dreading all the pitty ppl with give me!!
mrshonyez i hope i handle it as well as you have!!! this is our last baby because the drs have already told me if i go on to have anymore i would HAVE to have blood thinning injections everyday of my pregnancy as having 4+babies increases your chances of blood clots which is what caused my mum to have my sister stillborn..so when she fell preg with my little brother i had to watch her go though hell because of these injections plus my bro has autism which we r convince is because of the heparin, i cant do it!!!! im so worried :worry:
i feel truely blessed to be given the chance to have this baby and i love her/him already and i just want them here healthy, but that desire never fades!! i hate GD it sucks!!!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 07:34 AM
It was way more personal too than going in to an office I think! I'm much better than I thought I would be, I mean I'm sad I may never get a girl but I'm happy to finally know for sure that its a he. He was so cute and was holding onto his boy parts at kne point lol.

Congrats on your precious boy!Your pictures are so cute!!!!! I look at my boys every day and wonder why it is that I want a girl so bad when I have the sweetest boys on earth.

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 07:36 AM
I look at my boys every day and wonder why it is that I want a girl so bad when I have the sweetest boys on earth.

thats exactly how i feel!!! xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 07:39 AM
HBP - GD sucks so bad.Why can't we all go through gender scans with no worries or fears? Why does it have to be so hard for us?

Try to relax and enjoy seeing your baby. We will do all the worrying for you! Can't wait to see your update!!

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 07:48 AM
HBP - GD sucks so bad.Why can't we all go through gender scans with no worries or fears? Why does it have to be so hard for us?

Try to relax and enjoy seeing your baby. We will do all the worrying for you! Can't wait to see your update!!

thanks NC gd is a horrible thing and made even harder by the fact your not 'supposed' to feel like it! i have nobody to talk to about it apart from you ladies...im sorry if i seem like woe is me i just needed to get it off my chest!! gotta wait all day till 3.10pm im gonna go mad!!!

mummypink
October 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Hope you start to feel better very soon Suregena, sounds absolutely horrible. Get yourself to your GP if it carries on much longer. xxx

HBP - my fingers are firmly crossed for you tomorrow, I hope you have confirmation of your little pink bean. If not remember we are all here for you and we understand exactly how you feel. xxx

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 07:54 AM
Hope you start to feel better very soon Suregena, sounds absolutely horrible. Get yourself to your GP if it carries on much longer. xxx

HBP - my fingers are firmly crossed for you tomorrow, I hope you have confirmation of your little pink bean. If not remember we are all here for you and we understand exactly how you feel. xxx

thanks mummy, i have a feeling im gonna be on here tomorrow crying :( xx

Tiffani3
October 9th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Oh hbp I can't wait will be staking for a update :)
xx

mummypink
October 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
With all the nub guesses I would say you have a really good chance of having a girl so try not to worry too much, even if it is a boy you know he will be absolutely gorgeous. Think about all those lovely newborn cuddles you are going to have - regardless of gender. And who knows, maybe all your boys will give you lots of granddaughters to spoil. :) xx

Tiffani3
October 9th, 2012, 08:01 AM
thanks mummy, i have a feeling im gonna be on here tomorrow crying :( xx

No you won't sweetie xx

Grace
October 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Oh HBP, I feel just like you. My scan is in two weeks and I'm dreading it! On one hand, I want to know what I'm having, but on the other hand- I kind of enjoy the option to fantasize about having a little girl, and that would be gone if it turns out we're having another boy..
I find it hard to accept the fact that we don't have control over such crucial factors in our lives, like the gender of our kids. I recently bought a new stove for my kitchen. I searched the net and went to a dozen stores to look at different models, until I was ready to choose one. And with a baby? I don't really have a choice, and will have to deal with whatever comes my way. I still hope my sway worked! Good luck tomorrow, will be thinking of you xx

HaleyR
October 9th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Thank you!

HaleyR
October 9th, 2012, 09:02 AM
That's great! I hope we both get a little man.

spinningmadly
October 9th, 2012, 10:25 AM
HBP - good luck with your scan! I might have to be on the lovenox this pregnancy and all subsequent ones , waiting for the second set of bloodwork to find out. they really should do the bloodwork to decide if you need it or not, its not with the risk (if you have another) if you don't need it.and they need to do it twice spread out a few weeks apart. right now I am on baby aspirin, hoping that will suffice. if this baby sticks ive convinced myself its a boy too, at first based on symptoms, but now I think I'm just protecting myself. what time is your scan tomorrow? mine is at 10 am, but not a gender scan so not as exciting lol
honeyz- very cute pics!!! cute baby boy. i prob won't tell anyone this time (except you girls) if im getting a gender scan as I feel they will judge me if its a boy and I"m not thrilled (especially since I lost a baby and I should just be happy) which i will be grateful if the babies healthy and last time I felt really guilty for worrying about gender so much. but no one understands the GD IRL for me especially as they all have one of each, so they never felt it.

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you ladies you are all so lovely!! I think other ppl have made it worse for me today by saying stuff you know specialy like well all u want is healthy.....I know that I'm not stupid and thats all I want! I've just seen 2 ppl wiv 100% girl votes turn out to be boy today so thats made me less confident I need tomorrow over with so I can get on and enjoy my pregnancy!

Spinning, my nanny died from a dvt and my mum lost my sister because of one, the Dr said to me if I had of been over weight or smoked tied in wiv family history they would have put me on it now but I only have 1 risk factor at moment apparently family history and having number 4 puts me a greater risk? I asked if there was a blood test they could have but was basically ignored!!!
Fx we all have our Desired genders in there and if not I hope we all have the strength to get through it and enjoy our pregnancies because we all know what ever happens we will love them with all our hearts xxx

mummypink
October 9th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow Spinning, sending you a big hug xx

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Ah yes hope your scan goes well tomorrow spinning :) xx

spinningmadly
October 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
thanks everyone.
is that a normal ob that said that or a peri?
I have to say with my test results (anti cardiolipin antibodies) my ob was ready to throw me right on lovenox (heparin) but when I went to the peri he said he wanted to redo the tests as even though I had two grandparents with histories of DVTs, he said the shots were not risk free. I actually was insisting on them more than him bc I was scared of another loss but he was being more conservative bc of the negative side effects they can have which I do appreciate. my other concern was being on lovenox I couldn't deliver at the birth center, with just baby aspirin I can (my plan for the last baby was hb but after what happened I just don't think its the right choice for us now)
I think the tests they ran are anticardiolipin antibodies and lupus coagulants and something else. its just blood work, not invasive.
If they think it's that much of a concern do they have you on baby aspirin for now? I would insist on the tests or ask about taking the baby aspirin (which my peri and mw confirmed is pretty risk free) , just from a BTDT standpoint..not trying to scare you!

mrshonyez
October 9th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Thank you ladies, all your kind words are very encouraging! I'm so thankful to have a place to come talk about all my feelings, you ladies are amazing. I hope you all get your desired genders!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Thank you ladies, all your kind words are very encouraging! I'm so thankful to have a place to come talk about all my feelings, you ladies are amazing. I hope you all get your desired genders!

I hope my attitude is as great as your is if and when I hear boy!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 12:28 PM
And hello ladies!!! Good luck to all that have scans in the next few days. Still very sick here so not much to report.

Rosie85
October 9th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I too hope my attitude is as great as your MrsHonyez! Congrats on your beautiful boy. He was looking sooo cute in the scan pics!!!

HopeandDreamG
October 9th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Good Luck tomorrow homebirthing! I know it's a girl ;) you'll see!

Rosie85
October 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
So the last time I thought my M/S was over...it wasn't. This time though I think it really might be. It's been about a week since I felt really sick which is the longest break I have gotten yet. I still get a pukey feeling if my stomach gets too empty but it is cured when I eat. Before eating would make me sick so it's a good change!

Rosie85
October 9th, 2012, 02:25 PM
I agree Homebirthing, you are going to see it's a girl!

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Aww I love you ladies :) xx thank you! X

Wishing4Pink
October 9th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Good luck tomorrow homebirthingprincess, been thinking of you today and will be thinking of you tomorrow esp!!! I don't think you have anything to worry about tho! x

homebirthing princess
October 9th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Thank you wishing :)
When is your scan it must be soon? Xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:10 PM
NC, you have a scan in 2 days I think!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
NC, you have a scan in 2 days I think!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!!

I do! My NT is on Thursday. I am so nervous about it all and time is DRAGGING!!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Thursday will be here before you know it!!! What time is your scan?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I still have 8 days. I hope everything checks out ok with my little friend.

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 03:35 PM
11 AM! I Really hope I get some good pics. I am so afraid of what I am going to see. On a side note, Ds1's b-day is tomorrow and I have been feeling the baby every now and then! It took me a while to notice it b/c I feel the flutters on my left side. With both boys, they lived on my right side the entire time. I remember DS1, being in my right rib and it being so painful!!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
I still have 8 days. I hope everything checks out ok with my little friend.

Not too much longer either!!!! I am sure everything is looking good. Can't wait for your scan too!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:39 PM
That is so exciting!! Happy Birthday to your little guy. I'm glad your appt is in the morning. That way WE won't have to wait to long to see pics of Beachy Bean...lol!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
LOL! I think scans are harder for all of us waiting on the boards! I love the UK ladies having early scans so everything is right here for us when we wake up. :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I also have my gender scan on Nov 8th. So in 4 weeks I'll know for sure what's been making me sick for almost 6 weeks...lol. I'm going alone and have no plans on telling my dh. But the problem is figuring out how to contain myself when I get the news.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 03:44 PM
LOL! I think scans are harder for all of us waiting on the boards! I love the UK ladies having early scans so everything is right here for us when we wake up. :)

I agree!!! It's nice to wake up and not have to stalk all day. My appt is at 8:30am so I'll try to get on here soon after. Next week can you pm me your cell number again so I can send you the pics?

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I also have my gender scan on Nov 8th. So in 4 weeks I'll know for sure what's been making me sick for almost 6 weeks...lol. I'm going alone and have no plans on telling my dh. But the problem is figuring out how to contain myself when I get the news.

OMG...how are you going to pull it off? Are you going to a private place? I totally have my plan in place. I will prob. go alone too.

I am just not telling DH that I have an u/s and then at the time of the appt. send him a text that they screwed up and need me to do u/s that day. I am going to tell him I won't find out the gender. But, I am going to get the u/s tech to show me potty shot, but not tell me. Then I am going to go back and tell DH what I "accidentally" thought I saw.

How bad is that????? I feel so deceitful! I just don't want DH around when I find out. I want to process my feelings by myself!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 9th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm getting a private scan. I keep telling myself that it's a boy so I won't get upset. But I think I still will.

NCBeachyGrl
October 9th, 2012, 04:07 PM
I'm getting a private scan. I keep telling myself that it's a boy so I won't get upset. But I think I still will.

I do the same, but in the back of my head I have been trying to convince myself it is OK to think it is a girl. I tell myself boy every day and try to get used to the idea, but it will def. be an initial heartbreak to think of not having a DD.

spinningmadly
October 9th, 2012, 06:58 PM
beachy- with my scan last time at 15 weeks it was at a private place and I didn't tell ANYONE i was going, not even DH. if it was a boy I wasn't going to tell anyone because of all the its another boy comments.
well since it was a girl I did tell everyone lol and they were like u had a u/s?? lol
im going to do the same exact thing next time around ...

Rosie85
October 9th, 2012, 07:09 PM
My DH will likely come with to the gender scan if he can get off work but we won't find out the sex at that moment. We want it to be private so we are having the tech write it on a card that we can open later. If we weren't going to do that I don't think I would want DH with because he doesn't understand why I would start crying then and there!

pslo11
October 9th, 2012, 09:33 PM
4/7 swayed girl :) Extreme m/s (hyperemesis), hospitalized once, take Zofran daily for it, baby is stealing my beauty.. haha! Nub theory, ramzi theory says girl. All old wives tale point to girl :)

spinningmadly
October 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
I feel awful!!! Its taking all my This has to be good sign right?!?

spinningmadly
October 9th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Meant to say its takin all my energy not to puke ...

Lassie1982
October 10th, 2012, 12:00 AM
I do the same, but in the back of my head I have been trying to convince myself it is OK to think it is a girl. I tell myself boy every day and try to get used to the idea, but it will def. be an initial heartbreak to think of not having a DD.

I do BOTH these things!!!'
It's so hard, I keep telling myself its a boy, but then I find myself daydreaming that its a girl. Then I tell myself off for that because I worry that the more I day dream the more disappointed I might be.
Our gender scan is booked for the 1st of December, but we are having an NT scan on 8th nov, so I'm hoping for some clues there.
Dh will be coming to both. I am really nervous about the gender scan because I am so worried that I might cry if I hear boy - and I'm annoyed at myself for feeling that way, I'd be angry at myself for crying. Because I wouldn't be upset that the baby is a boy, I'd be upset that that mean i will never have a daughter. Oh it's hard!

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Good luck with your scans today spinningmadly and homebirthingprincess xx

Butterfly Spirit
October 10th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Yep, I shall be stalking later for you wonderful ladies who have scans! HBP and Spinning! :)
EXCITING DAY!!! :D

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 07:52 AM
2hrs to go ...ah I'm feeling soooooo nervous! X

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM

I bet you are. Good luck sweetie have been thinking of you all day xx

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Thank you hun :) xx

Cinss
October 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM

So exciting!

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Stalking for an update! Hope you have both had great scans, can't wait to hear all about them =) x

suregena
October 10th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Back at work... feeling such a weird sick... mix of the bug I have and the morning sickness. My belly feels bloated and kind of aches if I try to suck it in (still haven't told anyone at work yet...)

Good luck on your scan hbp!

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
I do BOTH these things!!!'
It's so hard, I keep telling myself its a boy, but then I find myself daydreaming that its a girl. Then I tell myself off for that because I worry that the more I day dream the more disappointed I might be.
Our gender scan is booked for the 1st of December, but we are having an NT scan on 8th nov, so I'm hoping for some clues there.
Dh will be coming to both. I am really nervous about the gender scan because I am so worried that I might cry if I hear boy - and I'm annoyed at myself for feeling that way, I'd be angry at myself for crying. Because I wouldn't be upset that the baby is a boy, I'd be upset that that mean i will never have a daughter. Oh it's hard!

We share the same GD brain!!!!! OMG...my NT is tomorrow and I can't believe it! This has been one of the worst weeks for work that I have had in a long time. Every day it is something different with an employee on my team. I have to have meetings with HR, have had to work late to pick up other ppl's work, and I feel like all of these are signs that I am going to see a boy nub to finish off my week.

But, I feel SO guilty for thinking that. I mean, there are things out there so much worse than seeing a boy nub!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 09:19 AM

Good luck!!!!! So exciting we are finding out genders of our due date thread now.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Good luck ladies!!!

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Hbp anything yet??
I'm going in now , fx

ynwa
October 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Stalking you both x

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Good luck Spinning!

Can't wait to hear from you both! :)

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Also stalking!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I'm stalking again too. Can't wait to hear ladies.

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Hopefully you are both too busy celebrating to post ;) xx

HopeandDreamG
October 10th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Stalking......

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 11:41 AM
Hopefully you are both too busy celebrating to post ;) xx

I hope so too!!! Man...stalking like no other.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 11:45 AM
They're starting to make me nervous...lol. I'm going to make them name their little girls after me sinced they've put me through so much today. hahahaha

mrshonyez
Lol I swear I've refreshed this page about 50 times!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
NC don't you dare do this to us tomorrow!!! I'm not a good waiter.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
Lol I swear I've refreshed this page about 50 times!!

ME TOO!!!!

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one obsessively refreshing. ;) And I will have you girls know: the waiting is making my morning sickness worse, so post already! Lol

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 11:50 AM
Mine is bad today too. Please ladies...we're throwing up over here...hahahaha!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 11:52 AM
And I'm changing my ms to ads...all day sickness. I wish I had morning sickness.

ynwa
October 10th, 2012, 11:54 AM
ME TOO!!!!

Me 3 :.)

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 11:56 AM
NC don't you dare do this to us tomorrow!!! I'm not a good waiter.

LOL! I think there is something to be said about POAS addicts and stalkers LOL!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 11:58 AM
LOL! I think there is something to be said about POAS addicts and stalkers LOL!!!

AGREE!!!

Grace
October 10th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Well?? Just got home after a long day running errands, ran straight to check what's new, and no news? I hope it means good news will be here soon!!

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 12:04 PM

So true. And yes, 3m, all day and night sickness is more accurate lol.

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I really should go shower, but I don't wanna miss something!! Lol! I hope we don't crash the site with all the reloading going on ;) haha

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Yay! Heartbeat confirmed! Baby measured great! Peri confirmed all is great for now!

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 12:19 PM
138 but it's early but with my girl her heartbeat was faster than with my boys lol although I never had it checked this early

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Where is Hbp??

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 12:20 PM
So glad all is well spinning. You had us spinning too...lol.

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Yay!! That's good news spinning! Very happy for you :))