PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 12:22 PM
Yay spinning!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Yay! Heartbeat confirmed! Baby measured great! Peri confirmed all is great for now!

Awesome news!!!!!!! So glad baby looked good!

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 12:24 PM
Lol so sorry ladies but the hospital kept us waiting for ages and we are now out for a meal!!

Well thought you'd all like to know that.......I'm having a GIRL!!!! I'm in shock but soooooo happy! At my 12wk scan I felt she was a girl plus how ill I've been all pointed that way to but I didn't wanna jinx anything!! Thank you all for your kind words you hav all got me through :) will post pic when I'm home xxxx

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Woo hoo!!!! So excited for you! Congratulations :))

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
WOOHOO HBP!!!!

ynwa
October 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Lol so sorry ladies but the hospital kept us waiting for ages and we are now out for a meal!!

Well thought you'd all like to know that.......I'm having a GIRL!!!! I'm in shock but soooooo happy! At my 12wk scan I felt she was a girl plus how ill I've been all pointed that way to but I didn't wanna jinx anything!! Thank you all for your kind words you hav all got me through :) will post pic when I'm home xxxx
Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sorry but we told you so yay yay yay x

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 12:26 PM
HURRAY! For both of you! So glad you saw a heartbeat Spinning and that everything is looking good, and YES you got your baby girl HB!!! :D Fantastic!! Has it sunk in yet or are you still searching the scan pic for boy bits lol!! ;o)

Enjoy your meal out this evening, definitely time to celebrate. Hopefully the rest of us will be following in your footsteps! xxx

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Yay Hbp!!!! So happy for you!
I'm already convinced this baby is a boy lol

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Congrats HBP!!! SO excited for you!

Wishing4Pink
October 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
What fab fab news HBP, i'm so pleased for you. I just knew you were going to announce girl ;) xx

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Yay hbp I told you soooooooo congratulations!!!! So pleased for you xx

Congratulations to you too spinning xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 01:36 PM

Congrats!! Go buy LOTS of pink and enjoy every minute of it!

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Nc it'll be you tomorrow eeeekkkk, good luck! :) xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 01:54 PM
My luck they won't be able to give me a good nub shot and I will obsess over a picture with no nub!!! At least it is DS1's bday and we are going to dinner tonight. That will take my mind of it a little!

suregena
October 10th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Yay Hbp!!!! So happy for you!
I'm already convinced this baby is a boy lol

CONGRATULATIONS HBP!!! How fun fun fun!

I'm convinced this one is a boy, too... as I sort of went back to my usual vegetarian diet because my cycles were SO SCREWED UP everytime I was on the sway diet (I'm a vegetarian normally, anyway... so is my hubby) and also my morning sickness isn't *quite* as bad as it was with my son... I feel like if I am not puking every single day, there's no way it's a girl. (I puked twice with my son, and so far with this one, I haven't puked yet... though I've wanted to!)

Lassie1982
October 10th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Congrats HBP!!!!!

Lassie1982
October 10th, 2012, 02:09 PM
Great news spinning - im so happy all is well :)

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
My luck they won't be able to give me a good nub shot and I will obsess over a picture with no nub!!! At least it is DS1's bday and we are going to dinner tonight. That will take my mind of it a little!

Have you watched any of the YouTube 12week scan videos?
Happy birthday to your ds1 ;)
it's my ds3 tomorrow :) xx

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Thank u so much ladies, I just can't beleive it I'm in shock!! I walked in the room with my boys and the tech said 'hi so we're hoping for a girl then' as soon as she put the probe on my belly we saw her girly bits lol she had her legs over her head and there was no mistaking the 3 white lines!! I keep expecting someone to say its all a joke.... We brought her 1 baby gro 2night.
Have told all the family every1 is so happy we all needed a girl!
I so hope you lovely ladies get your desired genders, and for those who are convinced they are having a boy....look how it turned out for me lol!

Spinning so glad all is ok with bubs!
Nc I will be stalking you 2morrow :)
Xxx

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Here she is miss willow-rose :) xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 02:35 PM
She's beautiful!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 02:39 PM
I think I felt the baby move today...and NC I kid you not it was on my left side. It happened about 7 or 8 times while I was laying down this afternoon.

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Awww cute baby!
I'm sick this time too but it was just so awful last time that it doesn't feel that bad! I think it's just because I'm comparing it to when I was dying from sickness last time. my Mw really thinks that was bc there was something wrong with the baby last time, I had 2 drs tell me they'd never seen anyone that sick before .

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 02:45 PM

Argh willow-rose that's so lovely she's gorgeous, you'll be pinking up that pram now :p xx

suregena
October 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Awwww... we're naming baby Willow if it's a girl. :)

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Beautiful little girl with a beautiful name. I love it!

Rosie85
October 10th, 2012, 02:52 PM
YAY!!!! Congrats on the girl Home! We so told you so!!! Love the name Willow, I have a friend that named her daughter Willow Faye...just so cute!

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Hbp- don't second guess the u/s pics!! I did constantly I should have just enjoyed it and bought pink lol!

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Hbp - Willow is a fab name - I am so happy for you!!

The movement I have felt from the baby has been on the left side, and when I've picked up the heartbeat. Is that supposed to mean something?

As for the sickness theory I don't buy it as I was so sick when I was pregnant with ds2, I was nearly admitted to hospital as I just couldn't keep anything down and it didn't let up until I was about 14 weeks. I was convinced he was a girl as a result so the u/s was a big shock! I would say this time the sickness was in between the two, I've been sick about 6 times and still don't feel great now. With ds1 I just felt travel sick a lot, I wasn't ever actually sick and my sense of smell went through the roof which meant any food with a strong smell was a complete no go.

Hearing Hbp's news has made me smile from ear to ear but at the same time I think it has properly hit me how much I really want a daughter. The thought of being able to go out and actually buy clothes for a little girl, use the name we have picked, have that special mother and daughter bond and more than anything just complete our family. I am so afraid it isn't going to happen, I just can't imagine having a scan and being told I'm having a girl. It feels like it just isn't possible after two boys, I know that is crazy and of course there is a chance but you know what I mean.

I hope and pray we all get our DGs, I'm so glad we have each other to chat to about how we are feeling because otherwise I know I would be feeling really lonely right now. xxx

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Beautiful hbp!! Love the name! Have fun shopping for pink ;)
I obsessed over 12-13 week YouTube videos lol. I was able to guess most of them correctly, but when it came to mine I was just freaking out the whole time!
DH decided today to stay in the military (we were discussing moving home in 2 years), so I'm hoping this will mean I can talk him into just 1 more try later on lol! I'm still pregnant and thinking of trying for a 4th... Have I completely lost my mind??

mummypink
October 10th, 2012, 03:15 PM
lol Mrs Honeyz probably but I think it is great that it may be an option for you xxx

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 03:18 PM
I doubt it since he only wanted 2 kids anyways, but its nice to dream at least until he says no way lol!!

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 03:19 PM
I obsessed over 12-13 week YouTube videos lol. I was able to guess most of them correctly, but when it came to mine I was just freaking out the whole time!
DH decided today to stay in the military (we were discussing moving home in 2 years), so I'm hoping this will mean I can talk him into just 1 more try later on lol! I'm still pregnant and thinking of trying for a 4th... Have I completely lost my mind??

You haven't lost your mind. :) There are so many of us that did the exact same thing.

I am 4 weeks away from an nt scan and I wish I could make the time go faster! My gut says its a boy, but if I get lucky and it IS a girl, I am dying to buy girly stuff. Diapers, bedding, outfits... All of it!

HopeandDreamG
October 10th, 2012, 03:22 PM

TOLD YOU SO!!!! Awesome news!!!!! CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 03:30 PM
I LOVE having 4 kids. I'm having 5 lol...so my mind went a long time ago. I like the idea of an even number. And the only reason I went for 5 is to hopefully have another girl for my dd...and me of course.

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Mrshonyez lol you haven't lost your mind at all that's how I felt when I was pg with ds3 until he was born and my feelings calmed down for a while but it was still in the back of my mind most of the time. xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 03:41 PM

I will be right there with you if this ends up being DS3!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 03:49 PM
4 is good ladies..

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Lol thanks ladies, that makes me feel less crazy!! I'm not sure if he'll go for it, although not to sound bad or anything, but he is really good about giving me the things I want (which I honestly don't use to my advantage, I don't like getting things for myself and always feel guilty especially if it involves money) so I think he might once he knows how badly I really still want a daughter. All he wanted was daughters so we will see in the future... I am 100% happy this is a little boy though! I feel sad seeing other little girls, but that doesn't change my feelings about this little guy one bit! I'm truly ok with it :) I'm actually even getting excited about having my 3 boys! Not to mention not having to spend much since DS2 just turned 1 ;) I may be biased, but I feel I have some handsome boys so I'm sure this one will fit right in! Hope we can agree on a name soon though, but at least we have plenty of time still. Sorry for rambling on lol!

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Thanks ladies :)

I really hope I haven't upset any1 tonight the last thing I wanna do is ram my news down your necks!!! I totally understand how u feel mummy, when my friend told me she had a girl I cried because I honestly thought it would never be me, but to my suprise after 2 boys and no sway I'm expecting my long awaited daughter!! Please don't loose hope, you all stand a fab chance of getting your dd as you all swayed hard!
I have my fingers crossed for you all
lots of love xxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 10th, 2012, 04:11 PM
mrshonyez - you are just awesome!!!

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 04:17 PM

Isn't she :) xx

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 04:18 PM

I agree!!!

suregena
October 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM

I really hope I haven't upset any1 tonight the last thing I wanna do is ram my news down your necks!!! I totally understand how u feel mummy, when my friend told me she had a girl I cried because I honestly thought it would never be me, but to my suprise after 2 boys and no sway I'm expecting my long awaited daughter!! Please don't loose hope, you all stand a fab chance of getting your dd as you all swayed hard!
lots of love xxx

What was your non-sway sway... curious! :)

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Honeyz- thats how I've mentally prepared myself for this pregnancy, if it's another Ds I want to do pgd next time around and I know it prob won't be for a few years so we can save up money since I'd have to be done nursing, but it makes me feel like my dream isn't over so I can be happy for this baby no matter what.

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I just talked to my normal dr , she has 3 boys and didn't know about my loss til today when I ran into her. She told me she really wanted a girl too with #3 and understood but that she loves all her boys but her third whom she wished was a girl is one she loves on the most bc he's so cute and cuddly. I thought that was cute

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 04:34 PM

I agree too xx

homebirthing princess
October 10th, 2012, 04:37 PM
What was your non-sway sway... curious! :)

Well I took vitex for 2mths then stopped for a mth as it gave me headaches, which is the mth I fell pregnant! I did no diet, we just had one very drunken night on holiday (i had O aswell) and boom pregnant with a girl! I did burn lavender alot, had a salt lamp and wore a rose quartz necklace xxx

Tiffani3
October 10th, 2012, 04:43 PM
Hbp I'm sure you haven't hurt anyone's feelings. Gd is a awful thing and isn't helped but other people getting their dg but I truly don't feel that with any of you ladies on here and hope we all get what we want but if we don't then I know we're all here to support and comfort each other. Much love to you all :p xx

suregena
October 10th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Well I took vitex for 2mths then stopped for a mth as it gave me headaches, which is the mth I fell pregnant! I did no diet, we just had one very drunken night on holiday (i had O aswell) and boom pregnant with a girl! I did burn lavender alot, had a salt lamp and wore a rose quartz necklace xxx

Dang! I did vitex for a few months but my cycles were so messed up, so then I did soy isoflavones + antihistamines and got preg the second month of trying that and dropping most of the LE Diet except for my normal vegetarianism and trying to skip breakfast sometimes. A lot of people have had success with vitex with stopping it and getting preg the next month! I keep wishing I had just kept up with it, oh well.

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 04:58 PM
I love hearing that your sway didn't include vitex the month you got your bfp! I didn't use it at all -- the month we conceived, I did soy isoflavones and that's about it. Well, except for our unintentional 5 day cut off lol, but I don't believe timing sways. We just thought there was no chance for us that month! So it's encouraging to see someone who is having a girl with a light sway!

Cinss
October 10th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Congrats on the healthy bean Spinning :) It must be such a relief to have seen the heartbeat.

HBP i am so happy for you, we are on opposite times so i woke up this morning to read through about 8 pages of excitement, this is so much better than being in the ttc threads! Your daughters name is just so pretty, im sure you cant wait to go get her all the pink stuff :) Congrats again on your successful sway and the daughter you have been wishing for.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
I just told my kids about the baby. My oldest was getting nervous because I'm always sick and he thought something was wrong with me...love him. Do you think it was too soon?

Cinss
October 10th, 2012, 05:35 PM
I just told my kids about the baby. My oldest was getting nervous because I'm always sick and he thought something was wrong with me...love him. Do you think it was too soon?

Not at all its fine to tell the siblings whenever you feel its right. We told ours the day we got a BFP, maybe that was too soon, but we just felt like they should know, and they are all very excited about it.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Thank you Cinss!!

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Aww y'all are gonna make me cry! You're all so sweet! Thank you :). And hbp, I am beyond thrilled that you have your DG, as I'm sure everyone here is!! Even though mine is an 'opposite', I sure hope everyone else gets theirs too :D

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 05:47 PM

We told all of ours right after getting a bfp, because the two that are home with me all day (we homeschool my 3rd and 5th graders) were going to have to help out more, and they needed to know why I was already so sick. So I think it's okay. Ours are old enough to understand that there are risks at this stage.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 05:54 PM
Once I opened my mouth I got worried about the risks and how I'd explain it to them. I pray this baby is ok. He or she is very wanted in this family!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 10th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Aww y'all are gonna make me cry! You're all so sweet! Thank you :). And hbp, I am beyond thrilled that you have your DG, as I'm sure everyone here is!! Even though mine is an 'opposite', I sure hope everyone else gets theirs too :D

I hope my attitude is a quarter of what yours is. You truly are an inspiration. Glad to have you in this thread.

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Once I opened my mouth I got worried about the risks and how I'd explain it to them. I pray this baby is ok. He or she is very wanted in this family!!

With our 2yo, at 10 weeks I woke up at 3am in a pool of blood. I'm not exaggerating. It looked like a murder scene. We had to take my two youngest with us to the er to see if we had lost the baby. After that, I didn't worry so much about what we would tell them if the worst happened, just because they had to experience it with us whether we had told them or not. I don't know of that makes sense or not, but I realized if we hasn't told them, we still would have had to explain what had happened.

You will be fine and at this point, I think it was a good time to tell them. Especially if your sweet oldest was worried!

Grace
October 10th, 2012, 08:41 PM
HBP I'm so happy for you! I feel like we"re all in the same boat, your success is exciting as if it were my own. Take care of your self now xxx hope we all get to make our dreams come true

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Thank you 3m, I don't know what to say! That makes me feel good though! I'm so glad to be a part of this thread, you ladies have been so helpful and encouraging, I wish I knew y'all in real life!! And I'm sure everything will be just fine with you little one :)

spinningmadly
October 10th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I've been scared to tell Ds1 bc he had a really hard time the last time when things went downhill and he was only 3. It was heartbreaking , he would wake up and ask why baby girl had to go to heaven (I think he wants a girl more than me) and he would say mommy had "water in her eyes " (tears) . So I know he would be thrilled but I havent told him yet. It's been 4-5 months and he still tries to buy clothes for her

Butterfly Spirit
October 10th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Yay! Heartbeat confirmed! Baby measured great! Peri confirmed all is great for now!

5274 I am SO happy that you know all is well with your little one! :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 10th, 2012, 09:53 PM

I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Pink and Cream pram IT IS!

:rofl:

And this is your moment, be happy and ENJOY!!! We are all happy for you! :)

Myloves
October 10th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Lol thanks ladies, that makes me feel less crazy!! I'm not sure if he'll go for it, although not to sound bad or anything, but he is really good about giving me the things I want (which I honestly don't use to my advantage, I don't like getting things for myself and always feel guilty especially if it involves money) so I think he might once he knows how badly I really still want a daughter. All he wanted was daughters so we will see in the future... I am 100% happy this is a little boy though! I feel sad seeing other little girls, but that doesn't change my feelings about this little guy one bit! I'm truly ok with it I'm actually even getting excited about having my 3 boys! Not to mention not having to spend much since DS2 just turned 1 I may be biased, but I feel I have some handsome boys so I'm sure this one will fit right in! Hope we can agree on a name soon though, but at least we have plenty of time still. Sorry for rambling on lol!

@mrshonyez
That is the nicest post I've ever read. Your son is so lucky to be having you as his mum! Congrats on your beautiful boy. :bigboy:

Myloves
October 10th, 2012, 10:10 PM
Änd a huge congrats to HBP!! I have the same family make-up as you and I love it :) Willow is going to be so loved.

Shellbelle
October 10th, 2012, 10:17 PM
I TOLD YOU SO!!!! Pink and Cream pram IT IS!

I was thinking the same thing! Congrats again!

mrshonyez
October 10th, 2012, 10:58 PM
@mrshonyez
That is the nicest post I've ever read. Your son is so lucky to be having you as his mum! Congrats on your beautiful boy. :bigboy:

Aw thank you myloves! I just love this site! It makes my day to come on here every day to see what's going on with all you lovely ladies! You're all just so amazing, and deserve all the happiness in the world :) so glad I found genderdreaming!

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having as hard a time settling on a name as me? I have a name chosen that fits so well with my other 2 boys, but DH won't agree... But he's also not really giving me many suggestions lol. Why does naming another human being have to be so difficult?! I'm afraid this poor boy won't have a name when he's born, otherwise I'll have to just sneak the birth certificate myself lol. We've had a girls name picked for 4 years, but always had a tough time agreeing on boy names.

Rosie85
October 11th, 2012, 12:37 AM
I have a name picked for both sexes. Dh says he is not sure about either name and I say I am dead set on them. I don't worry too much since he said the same about our first two kids' names which I picked early on in the pregnancy as well!

Maybe you could just start calling him by that name and DH will come to love it by force, haha!

homebirthing princess
October 11th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Thinking of you today Nc hope u get a good nub shot of your healthy beachy bean :) xx

Wishing4Pink
October 11th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Good luck today Nc with your scan, hope you get some good scan shots x

Wishing4Pink
October 11th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Hbp, such a lovely name you have picked for your little girl!!! Also isn't it time you changed some of your tickers ;) xx

homebirthing princess
October 11th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Oh yer I guess I had :) xx can't beleive it! X

mummypink
October 11th, 2012, 04:09 AM

lots of love xxx

Oh no Hb, don't think for a second you upset me! I'm really sorry if I gave that impression, it was just the happiness I feel for you getting your little girl made me realise how much I really want a daughter too. I am absolutely over the moon for you as I will be when everyone that gets their DGs because I know first hand how badly you want it. As you say you give me hope that it could happen to me. :) xxx

mummypink
October 11th, 2012, 04:22 AM
Good luck for your scan today NC!

I've just got back from my midwife appointment, a new midwife since my old one retired. She was nice and everything but she didn't measure the bump yet which I thought she probably would have, and she said 'oh it is probably too early to hear the heartbeat' which surprised me as my old midwife found the heartbeat at 12 weeks with ds1 and 13 weeks with ds2. I said I had already picked it up on my doppler at home so she said 'oh that's fine then we don't need to do that today'?! My next appointment is a few days after my scan when I will be 19+3 which seems like forever away! I used to feel really reassured by my old midwife but this time I came away feeling like nothing had really been checked properly.

I should really have insisted she try and find the heartbeat etc but as it was all in Norwegian which I still don't find easy I just got a bit thrown by it all and before I knew it the appointment was over.
So I guess the next check I have to know if everything is ok is my scan on the 19th November, I am so glad this is my third pregnancy and not my first!! :worry:

Cinss
October 11th, 2012, 04:54 AM
Best of luck today at your scan NC, hope you get the news you have been waiting for :)

oh mummypink can you get a different midwife? I would expect the measurement and heartbeat to be done at every appointment ?!?!

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Good luck today Nc xx

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Coocoo and good luck with your scan too xx

mummypink
October 11th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Unfortunately Cinss she is the only one so I don't have any choice, she was really nice just not as thorough as I thought she would be after how great my last midwife was. I think next time I need to just make more of a fuss about her doing things if she doesn't seem like she is going to bother. xxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Thank you so much ladies!!!!!!

Sorry mummypink that your appt was so rushed. It is a good thing you have your own doppler. I agree that you should make more of a fuss with her next appt and hopefully you will walk away feeling like you are getting some kind of care!

HopeandDreamG
October 11th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Good luck today beachy! I know someone else is going today too but I don't remember who! Good luck xx

homebirthing princess
October 11th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Oh no Hb, don't think for a second you upset me! I'm really sorry if I gave that impression, it was just the happiness I feel for you getting your little girl made me realise how much I really want a daughter too. I am absolutely over the moon for you as I will be when everyone that gets their DGs because I know first hand how badly you want it. As you say you give me hope that it could happen to me. :) xxx

im so pleased i felt so bad last night, the last thing id wanna do is upset you lovely ladies! i pray that you all get your dds you all deserve it so much :) and mummy u crave only fresh bread just like me....so u never know ;) xxx

when i saw my midwife she didnt measure me either and i was 16wks, she did listen to the heartbeat but said the N.I.C.E guidelines have changed now and they dont have to listen to it till 22wks! i hope your next app is a better one!!

i found out the reason i cant feel her kicks very much its because my placenta is joined to my tummy wall (anterior high?) so at least i can relax about that more now!! told most ppl we're having a girl now....i feel in a dream at the moment, my son is just so excited about his sister, the 1st thing he said to me this morning is mummy your having my sister :) he ran in to sch telling his friend today i could have cried!!! xx
right time to change my siggy :) xx

spinningmadly
October 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Mummy pink - my Homebirth midwives would check every time even a early as 7 weeks just to see if they could pick it up. It stinks you don't have another choice :(

spinningmadly
October 11th, 2012, 08:53 AM
nc- what time is your scan?

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 08:56 AM
Just wondering if anyone else is having as hard a time settling on a name as me? I have a name chosen that fits so well with my other 2 boys, but DH won't agree... But he's also not really giving me many suggestions lol. Why does naming another human being have to be so difficult?! I'm afraid this poor boy won't have a name when he's born, otherwise I'll have to just sneak the birth certificate myself lol. We've had a girls name picked for 4 years, but always had a tough time agreeing on boy names.

We have declared a truce and won't be talking about names anymore until after 12 weeks. I hate every single name dh suggests. And I do mean hate. He ignores all of my suggestions and comes up with something else. So after a few fights we're backing off for awhile. Lol

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 09:15 AM
nc- what time is your scan?

11 AM! only 1 hr 45 minutes!

Mrs_P
October 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Oh poo stupid time distance thing - its 2:15 here thought i'd waited long enough!!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 11th, 2012, 09:42 AM
NC...1 hour 20 minutes!!!! Can't wait to see pics of Beachy Bean. I'm really happy this day is here. Hope you get some great shots.

HaleyR
October 11th, 2012, 09:57 AM
It's a boy!

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 09:59 AM
Oh poo stupid time distance thing - its 2:15 here thought i'd waited long enough!!!!

I know it is excruciating to wait all day for us US gals!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 10:00 AM
NC...1 hour 20 minutes!!!! Can't wait to see pics of Beachy Bean. I'm really happy this day is here. Hope you get some great shots.

I didn't sleep at all. I am SO nervous about this scan. I feel like I am going to throw up.

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 10:13 AM
I didn't sleep at all. I am SO nervous about this scan. I feel like I am going to throw up.

It will be okay, and you will get to see your sweet baby. Thinking of you today!

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I have a name picked for both sexes. Dh says he is not sure about either name and I say I am dead set on them. I don't worry too much since he said the same about our first two kids' names which I picked early on in the pregnancy as well!

Maybe you could just start calling him by that name and DH will come to love it by force, haha!

Lol I have been! And yesterday when I sent him a message that I bought 'Carter' something, he said, "who?" So I said his future son and he said, "I still don't know who you're talking about" lol. So he refuses to go with it...

Anyways, good luck with your scans today ladies!! Of course, I'll be stalking as usual haha.

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 11:05 AM
It's a boy!

Congratulations!! That is what you wanted, right? Yay!!

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Lol I have been! And yesterday when I sent him a message that I bought 'Carter' something, he said, "who?" So I said his future son and he said, "I still don't know who you're talking about" lol. So he refuses to go with it...

Anyways, good luck with your scans today ladies!! Of course, I'll be stalking as usual haha.

I have talked about carter, too, lol. He looks to see what names are in the top 10 and wants one of those. If a name is in the top 10, it's automatically off my list. I thought we had agreed on a girls name, but then he changed his mind and started suggesting names I could consider suitable for strippers. As you can see, I do not have a good attitude about this lol. Can we say cranky?

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
I'm back....100% convinced it is a boy. Obvious boy nub, potty shot showed something between the legs. She did give a little hope before we saw the nub that the something between the legs could go either way. Trying to get my pics up.

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
I have talked about carter, too, lol. He looks to see what names are in the top 10 and wants one of those. If a name is in the top 10, it's automatically off my list. I thought we had agreed on a girls name, but then he changed his mind and started suggesting names I could consider suitable for strippers. As you can see, I do not have a good attitude about this lol. Can we say cranky?

I love the name Carter, I wanted it for my first, then my second, but he vetoed it. He named both my other boys (Cooper and Connor) so I think Carter would be perfect. Confusing, right?? But I can't make his completely different now lol! I'm the same way, I don't want a top 10 name. Guess we have about 24 weeks to decide though...

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Oh beachy, maybe there's still hope? I'll be waiting to see the pics...

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 11:50 AM
NC, It's still early... I don't know how the tech could be 100% convinced yet.

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 11:53 AM
NC, It's still early... I don't know how the tech could be 100% convinced yet.

She said there is still hope, but I am 100% convinced!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Posted pics here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/14520-12-13-week-nub-pics.html#post265537

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Posted pics here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/14520-12-13-week-nub-pics.html#post265537

I'm looking at them hon, and in the first pic I see a straight nub below what could be the cord???
Do you want me to go circle what I see? I say there's still hope!

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Yes!!! Thank you so much.

Rosie85
October 11th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Have hope still!! This is why I didn't want nub shots...didn't want to get my hopes up or down and then have to wait. I really hope it's still your girl NC!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Have hope still!! This is why I didn't want nub shots...didn't want to get my hopes up or down and then have to wait. I really hope it's still your girl NC!

Gosh, I didn't have the option of that torture LOL, but I'm glad you see what I see too Rosie!
NC, what do you think hon?

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I love the name Carter, I wanted it for my first, then my second, but he vetoed it. He named both my other boys (Cooper and Connor) so I think Carter would be perfect. Confusing, right?? But I can't make his completely different now lol! I'm the same way, I don't want a top 10 name. Guess we have about 24 weeks to decide though...

If he named the other two, it is definitely your turn. ;) I love Carter and I think it works so well with your other boy's names.

Winngrin
October 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Beachy, I'm actually leaning girl based on your pictures. It's really hard to tell and maybe you saw more on the screen but I'm just not sure that's the nub. Seems SO high and the same shape and angle as the part of the other thigh that's slightly brighter. I really think he lower line could be the nub, which looks very girl.

Winngrin
October 11th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Gah! I have much NT scan next Friday and I'm halfway thinking I don't want to look! I'm having a cervical cerclage done on Monday and I'm very nervous, but the good news is I'll have frequent ultrasounds. I want a nub shot like HBPs!! Ha!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 11th, 2012, 01:22 PM
I've had a bad headache since before I went to bed last night...on top of ads...all day sickness. Anyone else get headaches? What do you take, if anything to make it go away?

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 01:24 PM
NC, did they provide a DVD video?

mummypink
October 11th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Don't give up hope NC, I can't see anything obvious in your u/s pics other than a super cute little bean :) xx

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
I've had a bad headache since before I went to bed last night...on top of ads...all day sickness. Anyone else get headaches? What do you take, if anything to make it go away?

I'm sorry you have headaches! I would try tylenol, and if that doesn't work try magnesium?

Rosie85
October 11th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I get headaches a ton. I only do pressure points and cold dark rooms. I refuse to take any form of medication so I am left with natural remedies only. I get about 3 a week and at least 1 of them will be a migraine.

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I had my first pregnancy-related migraine (with aura!) yesterday, literally just as I left work. Awful. Have felt like crap all day, because I'm also sick from the bug I have on top of it, and queasiness!

The childminder that watches my son ended up giving us a ride home when I went to pick him up yesterday.

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Thank you ladies! you are all so amazing. I feel so good knowing I have you all here!!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thank you ladies! you are all so amazing. I feel so good knowing I have you all here!!!

:HH: Xx I have one question, where is baby measuring via U/S?

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
:HH: Xx I have one question, where is baby measuring via U/S?

According to FF, temping, OPK, I should be 13W1D. According to my first u/s 12W6D. But today, baby was measuring 13W3D and she said they never should have moved my due date.

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 02:02 PM
NC, did they provide a DVD video?

No video!!

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I get headaches, too, and have had one the past couple of days. The good thing is that when I'm not pregnant, I have migraine with aura issues, and they are awful, but when I'm pregnant I tend not to have them. Regular headaches make me cranky but I can deal with them. The aura that comes with my migraines makes me feel like I have no control over one side of my body, so I am extremely thankful that they will be gone for a few months. ;)

homebirthing princess
October 11th, 2012, 02:39 PM
Aw nc I'm sorry you now have to spend however long stressing about gender till your next scan! I've had a look at your pics....firstly congrats on a super cute healthy baby and secondly I really don't see any boy clues I agree with the others that what butterfly has circled really looks like the nub(girly) when is your next scan? Are u going for a private gender scan?
Try not to stress hun easier said then done specialy coming from ME haha, I really think there's still hope for your dd please keep positive!! We are all hear to listen and try to help so please vent to us should u need to xxxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I will have another scan somewhere between 16-20 weeks! I don't think I will do private...although I might and just not tell DH about it. I don't know what I want to do yet!!!!

Rosie85
October 11th, 2012, 03:10 PM
argh I get those aura headaches too. Just had one earlier today and my entire left eye was "clouded" in one. Couldn't see anything.

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 03:12 PM
I will have another scan somewhere between 16-20 weeks! I don't think I will do private...although I might and just not tell DH about it. I don't know what I want to do yet!!!!

I recommend 17 weeks :)
It will be here before you know it!

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Our real estate agent just stopped by to assess our house... Right now, dh is gone all the time and all of my family is 2 hours away, so we're thinking about moving closer to them so I will have some help. I'm so nervous about trying to sell a house, buy another, and move while pregnant. Again. We reno'd a house, sold it, and bought this one while I was pregnant with our 2 yo and it was a nightmare, but the idea of trying to do all that with a newborn is even worse.

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Haha, I agree its my turn to name one. I'm the one who will be pushing him out after all, right?! Lol.
Beachy, I definitely think you still have hope for a girl! Im not convinced boy by those!
Good luck Shellbelle, I hope it all goes smoothly. I wish we could live closer to family. Ours is a 14 hour drive away, and I only trust one person where I live. And she will be having her baby around the same time as me, so I don't want to ask her for help! I hope you can get all settled!

NCBeachyGrl
October 11th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Beachy, I definitely think you still have hope for a girl! Im not convinced boy by those!

Thank you!!!! I am trying to remain positive!!!

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 03:54 PM
Haha, I agree its my turn to name one. I'm the one who will be pushing him out after all, right?! Lol.
Good luck Shellbelle, I hope it all goes smoothly. I wish we could live closer to family. Ours is a 14 hour drive away, and I only trust one person where I live. And she will be having her baby around the same time as me, so I don't want to ask her for help! I hope you can get all settled!

I wish I was close to family, too. :( 5,000+ miles is too much, man.

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I'm just looking at newborn photos of my son (from January 2010) and I am melting all over the place.

*swoon* Another boy would be okay, I think! I still would love a girl, but hey! I've got such a lovely little boy, another would be just as lovely!

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Oh, suregena, your little guy is precious. If I wasn't already pregnant my ovaries would be screaming "one more!" After looking at his pics!

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 04:04 PM
This happened to me before I found out I was carrying DD. I watched videos of DS#2 and my heart completely melted for him! :) We just forget as time goes on how they once were!

But yes, another little boy would be okay.. It's amazing! ;)

mrshonyez
October 11th, 2012, 04:05 PM
I know what you mean suregena, I went from living in Arkansas all my life to living in Turkey! I'm just thankful I can at least drive home now if I need to. Still sucks being so far away. Aww your little guy is adorable!! I love looking back at newborn photos :) my avatar is my ds2 when he was a couple of weeks old. Melts my heart every time I look at it!

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I think, boy or girl, little babies are just amazing. The sex means so little when they're your own child, and I think regardless of the gender a lot of us here end up having, regardless if it is the opposite of what we were hoping, we'll love the baby no matter and just as much.

BABIES! <3 :)

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 04:07 PM
It's a boy!

Yay congratulations sweetie xxx

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hay nc had a look at your pics and could go either way sweetie I think the shots you have are really fuzzy not clear at all. dont give up hope yet :) I still feel your having a girl xx

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Omg suregena your little man is beautiful xx

Butterfly Spirit
October 11th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Omg suregena your little man is beautiful xx

He's beautiful now too! :)

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Oh yeah, now!

(From Monday - before my scan! He was having some breakfast before we left! :))

Tiffani3
October 11th, 2012, 04:16 PM
He is yummy!! What a cutie pie xx

Shellbelle
October 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Omg that hair! He is adorable!

suregena
October 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Me and my hubby were talking about what a great big brother he's going to be... it's going to be amazing to watch!

spinningmadly
October 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
so I'm a bit ahead of myself but my first long/comprehensive scan at Maternal fetal medicine will be at 11 weeks and 3 days , is that too early for a good nub shot? should I make it closer to 12 weeks?

spinningmadly
October 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
and does anyone know anything about ramzi theory??

Cinss
October 11th, 2012, 07:37 PM
so I'm a bit ahead of myself but my first long/comprehensive scan at Maternal fetal medicine will be at 11 weeks and 3 days , is that too early for a good nub shot? should I make it closer to 12 weeks?

As close to 13 weeks as you can will give us the best chance at a guess, but it just depends on the pic you get, some are clear some are not.

Rosie85
October 11th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Otis is adorable!!!!!!! Love his hair!

Lassie1982
October 12th, 2012, 01:15 AM
otis is ADORABLE!!

homebirthing princess
October 12th, 2012, 01:32 AM
Aww Otis is so cute :) x

suregena
October 12th, 2012, 03:05 AM
My husband woke me up at 6am to tell me he dreamt I was giving birth to a girl! He said the birth was smooth and the midwife called her sweetheart and said 'here's your daughter.'

His dream is cruel! What a tease. Here's hoping it's got some truth! ;)

mummypink
October 12th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Hope his dream comes true Suregena, Otis is such a cutie! You're so right, looking back at photos and videos of my sons really make me think hey whatever I know I will be over the moon. How could you not be!

Hayley - Congrats on your little boy! :) xx

Cinss
October 12th, 2012, 04:23 AM
Hayley congrats on your boy! Did you sway?

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Any US ladies know anything about Lego Ninjago? My sons are obsessed with them and I can't find Halloween costumes to save my life. Didn't know if anyone could get their hands on some...we're desperate. lol

NCBeachyGrl
October 12th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Any US ladies know anything about Lego Ninjago? My sons are obsessed with them and I can't find Halloween costumes to save my life. Didn't know if anyone could get their hands on some...we're desperate. lol

Did you check ebay or Amazon? I ordered DS1's captain hook costume today and am so excited!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 11:46 AM
I did. Completely sold out till December. I just threw a post out asking if anyone knows how to sew and could make them. My kids have their hearts set on them. On ebay the bidding starts at $80. I'm not paying that for one costume.

Shellbelle
October 12th, 2012, 12:00 PM

My sister has been looking for them, too. My nephew is obsessed with Lloyd the Green Ninja lol.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 12:02 PM
I'm looking for the green and red ninja, or someone who can sew well...lol.

Tiffani3
October 12th, 2012, 02:13 PM
Are you ok nc? xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 02:22 PM
NC I do believe I will be in the same boat with you next Wednesday. We can chat about names and all things boy. We'll try not to feel blue about blue...

NCBeachyGrl
October 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Are you ok nc? xx

I am! Thank you Tiffani and all you ladies. Yesterday was a little rough, and I feel so bad for being like that, but today has been much better. I really will love having another boy and I know my boys will love it too. I just want a DD for my own selfish reason. Maybe one day!!!!!!!!!

I will start dreaming of blue and getting used to the idea of a sweet baby boy! I know it is still early and it isn't set in stone that this is a boy, but at least I will be expecting it next time and it won't be sad to hear boy....or see it since I have to hide it from DH that I am going to peek.

Mrs_P
October 12th, 2012, 02:45 PM
three men - on the lego site they sell the head bands and the swords - could you use a red or green hoody and trousers and a scarf for the heads

LEGO® Ninjago Sheath with Snake Sword | LEGO Shop (http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/LEGO-Ninjago-Sheath-with-Snake-Sword-850455)
Green Bandana | LEGO Shop (http://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Green-Bandana-853406)

or lego do a site with t-shirts that some ninjago designs (high streets by us often do these to - add some accessories and it may work and at least they can wear the t-shirt with jeans to

LEGO Boy 4-12 yrs. (http://www.legowear.com/en/collections/autumn-winter-2012/lego-boy-4-12-yrs.html)

link i found from somewhere about how to make one - maybe poss if you have similar clothes lying around already

How to Make a Ninjago Lloyd Garmadon Costume (http://alissaroberts.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a-Ninjago-Lloyd-Garmadon-Costume)

site i found that sells similar

Boys Halloween costumes - boys costume - BuyCostumes (http://www.buycostumes.com/browse/Kids-Costumes/Male/_/N-3lZk/Ntt-ninja/results1.aspx?AID=10425830&PID=5421403)

prices quoted are 25 to 30 dollars - although no idea how much that is as we work in pounds but maybe worth a try

any hope it helps x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Thank you so much Mrs. P!!! I really appreciate the effort. I will look into it. I need to find my creative side.

spinningmadly
October 12th, 2012, 02:51 PM
They seem to be selling for a lot on eBay but they really don't look that intricate , I don't think they'd be hard to make!

Tiffani3
October 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
I am! Thank you Tiffani and all you ladies. Yesterday was a little rough, and I feel so bad for being like that, but today has been much better. I really will love having another boy and I know my boys will love it too. I just want a DD for my own selfish reason. Maybe one day!!!!!!!!!

I will start dreaming of blue and getting used to the idea of a sweet baby boy! I know it is still early and it isn't set in stone that this is a boy, but at least I will be expecting it next time and it won't be sad to hear boy....or see it since I have to hide it from DH that I am going to peek.

I'm glad your ok today. Don't give up hope yet sweetie at all. I think you'll have a lovely surprise at your next scan xx

suregena
October 12th, 2012, 04:00 PM
We told my husband's mother tonight. As I expected, she's very excited and has made sure to let her own gender disappointment from her three sons show! "Hopefully this time it's a girl!", "Maybe it's a girl!", "I hope it's a girl!!!"

Uggggggghhhhh! That's why we found out with my son because I couldn't listen to that my entire pregnancy. Now I get to hear it again. Ha ha. I told her that we just don't mind... that Otis will be a great big brother and we'd love a second son just as much.

spinningmadly
October 12th, 2012, 04:08 PM
oh Surgena!!! That is just like my MIL, she had 3 boys!!!
She said the same thing every time, and last time when it was a girl she was like well u/s isn't always right .. ugh!!!!!!
i think after that and the whole problem last time she doesn't dare show any GD this time.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Are you sure we aren't all married to the same man??? My mil is a bit like this too. I told dh we should tell her when I'm 38 weeks...and I wasn't kidding.

spinningmadly
October 12th, 2012, 04:29 PM
LOL TMAL, that's how I feel about everyone this time around. I haven't even told my own parents yet. They kind of freak out about everything.

NCBeachyGrl
October 12th, 2012, 04:39 PM
NC I do believe I will be in the same boat with you next Wednesday. We can chat about names and all things boy. We'll try not to feel blue about blue...

NO!!! You will get your DD!!! Think positive 3M&AL!!!! I can live vicariously through you!!!! It is funny, my best friend had a DD, my sister has 3 DDs, and my best friend (who is due in feb and already has a DD) just found out about DD2 and I had not one single jealousy pang. Maybe my GD has made a lot of progress!!!

NCBeachyGrl
October 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM
You know....I actually think I am in a pretty good position. I have already gone through initial round of "OMG this is another boy" and am prepared to hear it again...and that is OK! The more I think about it, the more I really don't care.

It would be way worse to be like some of the ladies that have gotten all 100% girl guesses to be then told boy at gender scan. On IG, there were a few ladies that this just happened to and it must be so heartbreaking. And those ladies have been so lovely and admirable. I would so much rather hear it now than be gutted like that!

Myloves
October 12th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I still think you're having a girl NCBeachy (I saw your u/s pics post) - but it sounds like you will thrilled either way :o I was all of you ladies a happy & healthy pregnancy! And I hope to be in your shoes soon :D

spinningmadly
October 12th, 2012, 09:28 PM
I'm so sick !!!! I just had to come on here and whine about it :(

Shellbelle
October 12th, 2012, 09:39 PM
oh Surgena!!! That is just like my MIL, she had 3 boys!!!
She said the same thing every time, and last time when it was a girl she was like well u/s isn't always right .. ugh!!!!!!
i think after that and the whole problem last time she doesn't dare show any GD this time.

My ex-MIL was the same way! She had two boys and started off telling me "we only produce boys in this family." Um, okay. Then when I was pg with DS1, she wouldn't talk about the pregnancy because it was bad luck, and when we found out it was a boy, she said "I told you so." When we found out that our 2nd was a girl, she told me that u/s were wrong and that there wasn't a chance, so I needed to prepare myself for disappointment. Wouldn't buy pink clothes. Wouldn't call her by her name. And then after she was born, she proceeded to tell me that I would "ruin" her with princesses and such, and that she would never be intelligent because she was "just a girl." It was INFURIATING, and so insulting.

My ex didn't ever understand why his mother and I had such a bad relationship, LOL. And he is just as bewildered that his current wife doesn't get along with her, either.

Shellbelle
October 12th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I'm so sick !!!! I just had to come on here and whine about it :(

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad! If it's any consolation, I'm right there with you. But if I'm not sick, I freak out worrying that something is wrong with the baby, LOL.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
I'm sick too. And I'm 12 weeks on Monday. Mine will never go away.

mrshonyez
October 12th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Sorry you ladies are sick!! I'm going to attempt not taking my Zofran tomorrow morning... I know I'm 15 1/2 weeks but I'm still slightly terrified lol. I would love to not have to take it anymore. I hate taking medication but I just can't function and take care of my other 2 boys without it.

mrshonyez
October 12th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Wow Shellbelle, that's horrible!! I can't even imagine what has to go through people's heads to even think like that, let alone act like that!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 12th, 2012, 10:21 PM
I hear ya mrshonyez. I take it every day too...and another pill at night. I forgot to take one last night and I felt so horrible. I almost couldn't believe it. I was talking to my dad today and he said he couldn't understand mother nature. How can we be this sick and still have healthy babies. I just laughed. I know what he means though. I can't eat a meal and haven't gone to bed with dinner in my stomach for 6 weeks. Does make you wonder...

Myloves
October 12th, 2012, 10:56 PM
My ex-MIL was the same way! She had two boys and started off telling me "we only produce boys in this family." Um, okay. Then when I was pg with DS1, she wouldn't talk about the pregnancy because it was bad luck, and when we found out it was a boy, she said "I told you so." When we found out that our 2nd was a girl, she told me that u/s were wrong and that there wasn't a chance, so I needed to prepare myself for disappointment. Wouldn't buy pink clothes. Wouldn't call her by her name. And then after she was born, she proceeded to tell me that I would "ruin" her with princesses and such, and that she would never be intelligent because she was "just a girl." It was INFURIATING, and so insulting.

Omg Shellbelle, I can so relate to you! My crazy MIL told me the same thing when I had my three. With ds1 and 2 she'd say in a smug, gloating tone that I was 'so lucky' that dh had the boy gene because apparently my dh's family 'didn't make girls'. Well, guess who was the first person I texted when I found out DD was all girl? ;p She didn't believe me either and kept telling me that I should've had another boy and that I was 'in for it because girls are harder'. Lol, what would that crazy woman know about raising a girl? It's not like she ever got any daughters herself!
Then FIL told me that MIL wanted a girl desperately at one point in her life but had boys instead. So deep down I know she's just a jealous woman who never got to have her girl so her comments don't really offend me anymore. Perhaps your MIL is a jealous pants too?

I noticed you have a blended family. How many stepkids do you have?

Shellbelle
October 12th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Two (the oldest boy and girl) are my step kids. The rest are mine biologically, although my first two were with my ex husband. Yes, I think his mom is definitely jealous and this is how she expresses it. His current wife also has a dd from a previous relationship, and all I hear about her from his mom is that she's spoiled and "too girly." It's sad that she can't even enjoy her granddaughters.

NCBeachyGrl
October 12th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I still think you're having a girl NCBeachy (I saw your u/s pics post) - but it sounds like you will thrilled either way :o I was all of you ladies a happy & healthy pregnancy! And I hope to be in your shoes soon :D

That means so much! I love all this amazing support!

Tonight was so cute! I was in the car with the boys and we were talking about names. I said what about baby Eli? My 2yr old laughed and said baby E-wi and DS1 was so excited. He was like, yes, yes baby Eli. They were so cute! I just love them!! It makes me so excited that we are having another baby and that the boys are so excited. Thinking about gender and names just makes it all so real and it is going to be so hard to make it through the next 25 or so weeks. I just want to hold that sweet baby already!!!

spinningmadly
October 13th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Oh my shell! I'm glad I'm not alone. I really really hate that she took away the 2 weeks I should have been excited it was a girl and made me all nervous the u/s was wrong.
The sickness is reassuring. I am super nervous to take zofran again. Last pregnancy I had to and I hated taking medication but it was down to that or prob dying from dehydration, I had lost 17 lbs or so first tri. But after last time I'm so paranoid to take anything. I'm hoping I can just hang on and if I need to I'll go get an IV a few times.. Pregnancy is fun! I have a friend with DD's and she never gets sick at all!!! I always hate her when I'm pregnant (in a loving way)

spinningmadly
October 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Myloves-
See that's another way I can justify HT next time if this isn't a girl lol. Won't want to effect my someday daughter in laws with my jealousy bc I never had a DD ! ;)

suregena
October 13th, 2012, 03:24 AM
I've been having an easy week, morning sickness wise... feel mostly indigestion and perhaps a little blah but not much (except how super sick I feel with this bug I still have! I can't even talk, have lost my voice!)

I had a migraine Wednesday and the headache is still there and it's Saturday now. :( I have been desperate and I've taken paracetamol but that isn't making it budge, just tolerable for a little while.

But the lack of full blown nausea makes me anxious. :(

Cinss
October 13th, 2012, 05:18 AM
My nausea has gone now, i guess i should consider myself lucky. I am just still very tired all the time.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 13th, 2012, 07:46 AM
NC I wanted to name my 3rd ds Eli!!! I love that name. I let my husband chose his name in the end because I chose all the others..lol. We went with Austin. But I still love Eli. Great choice.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 13th, 2012, 08:04 AM
This time around I think we're going with Ian Patrick for a boy, or Ella Grace for a girl.

NCBeachyGrl
October 13th, 2012, 08:08 AM
I have had a hard time with names. For boys I like Eli, Cameron, and DH likes Coby. I like your names!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 13th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Hey ladies...I think we need to put some pressure on Beadin. She's testing this am and not on here yet. I'm dying!!! So I think we should start bullying her because I can't take much more of this. lol

spinningmadly
October 13th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Did she test yet?

mummypink
October 13th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hope those of you that have been feeling poorly start to feel better soon!

Everytime I think my morning sickness has gone it comes back again! I had one full day where I felt pretty normal and could eat fine again and then it was back with avengance the following day! Hopefully through the worst of it now though.

We've been thinking about names more, still not sure for a boy if it is a girl we are going to call her either Sophie or Sophia. Haven't chosen a middle name yet, if it is a boy I'm really not sure so hard to choose a name for a 3rd boy!
On the list so far we've got Luke, Lucas, Alexander, Arthur .... we're not 100% sold on any of them but Arthur seems to be taking the lead at the moment.

My fingers are crossed for Beadin! x

homebirthing princess
October 13th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Eli was one of our boy names, we also liked Isaac and Archie! I found it really hard coming up with those though, our sons are called Jacob and Noah so it would of had to fit in with those! I find girls names much easier to think of, my dad was telling me the other day that he can remember me watching the film 'willow' with him and apparently I told him that when I have a daughter I was going to call her willow :) so technically I've had her name picked out since i was like 9 lol!!

Hope everyone is feeling ok?

Mummy I think sophia is beautiful! Xx

mummypink
October 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Awww that is really sweet hb! I remember the film Willow!

My ds2 is called Jacob =)

coocoobananas
October 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Our first is Eli! So I like it;)
I so don't know I'd I can take this team green thing. It is literally driving me mad! It consumes my every thought! I'm not finding out cause I don't want gd before birth. My husband is worried that it won't be as happy a suprise as I think if it's not a girl at birth... And now I am questioning myself too. I mean I try to tell myself everyday that it's a boy so I'm prepared but then I think this might be the last time to pretend it could be a girl and I don't want to ruin that... But perhaps I am just building myself up for disappointment!!
Argggh! I just want to stop thinking about it all together but can't!! I've made it this far but these last 4 months seem decades away!!!

Butterfly Spirit
October 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Our first is Eli! So I like it;)
I so don't know I'd I can take this team green thing. It is literally driving me mad! It consumes my every thought! I'm not finding out cause I don't want gd before birth. My husband is worried that it won't be as happy a suprise as I think if it's not a girl at birth... And now I am questioning myself too. I mean I try to tell myself everyday that it's a boy so I'm prepared but then I think this might be the last time to pretend it could be a girl and I don't want to ruin that... But perhaps I am just building myself up for disappointment!!
Argggh! I just want to stop thinking about it all together but can't!! I've made it this far but these last 4 months seem decades away!!!

Well now that doesn't sound fun, it shouldn't consume you! If you decide to sneak a peek we will all be here for you! ;)
I could never do it! I was way too excited!

Tiffani3
October 13th, 2012, 03:53 PM
Well I think your being really brave coocoo.
I personally couldn't do it but have found my self considering it the past few weeks nice to dream about having a dd.
but on the other hand I feel I need to be realistic and if it is a boy I feel I can come to terms better when I'm pg than the fear of being disappointed after birth. Iykwim xx

suregena
October 13th, 2012, 03:56 PM
We've got Willow for a girl and Arlo for a second boy.

suregena
October 13th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Well I think your being really brave coocoo.
I personally couldn't do it but have found my self considering it the past few weeks nice to dream about having a dd.
but on the other hand I feel I need to be realistic and if it is a boy I feel I can come to terms better when I'm pg than the fear of being disappointed after birth. Iykwim xx

I have a hard time waiting, but also I hate people projecting their own desires onto me (*cough* mother in law *cough*) so I like to know and also I like to call them by name when they can start hearing muffled weird sounds from outside the womb. :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 13th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I have a hard time waiting, but also I hate people projecting their own desires onto me (*cough* mother in law *cough*) so I like to know and also I like to call them by name when they can start hearing muffled weird sounds from outside the womb. :)

Did your MIL just find out today when you announced it, or did you guys let her know from the start?

suregena
October 13th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Did your MIL just find out today when you announced it, or did you guys let her know from the start?

It was her birthday yesterday - so we planned to tell her in her birthday card first (she reads facebook), on her birthday, rather then find out on facebook... so just decided to plan it that way. She has three sons. The eldest lives down in London and he has 1 teenager son, whom she never sees (either of them, actually!) and her middle son died in the 90s. And she lost her husband in 2010. So, it's kind of just us and her sister that's around, really, and the only grandchild really in her life is our son... so trying to make the third overall grandchild a special thing for her instead of just finding out via facebook. She was very happy about the news but of course wants me to have a girl (like last time.)

Hey, a lot of her old, pre-war Britishness bothers me BIG TIME, but I'm not heartless... she doesn't allow herself to feel. I'm sure she grieved for my husband's older brother but in her own, quiet way.
'Stiff upper lip' definitely applies to her.

Butterfly Spirit
October 13th, 2012, 04:16 PM
It was her birthday yesterday - so we planned to tell her in her birthday card first (she reads facebook), on her birthday, rather then find out on facebook... so just decided to plan it that way. She has three sons. The eldest lives down in London and he has 1 teenager son, whom she never sees (either of them, actually!) and her middle son died in the 90s. And she lost her husband in 2010. So, it's kind of just us and her sister that's around, really, and the only grandchild really in her life is our son... so trying to make the third overall grandchild a special thing for her instead of just finding out via facebook. She was very happy about the news but of course wants me to have a girl (like last time.)

Hey, a lot of her old, pre-war Britishness bothers me BIG TIME, but I'm not heartless... she doesn't allow herself to feel. I'm sure she grieved for my husband's older brother but in her own, quiet way.
'Stiff upper lip' definitely applies to her.

Oh I bet she's just THRILLED! :) My MIL was too. I just hope she backs off enough so you and hubby can decide.
My own mom didn't say it.. but she's experiencing a touch of GD because she really thought it was a boy and just wanted another one! haha In early July remember I mentioned how my boys were running around the restaurant at the end of our meal and she said "What are you going to do when you have 3 boys running around?"
She also HATES to be wrong. I sensed the GD.. when I was buying stuff for the G Party and she picked up a little blue baby shower item and said "Isn't it too bad you aren't having a boy..." And I stopped and I looked at her and snickered and said "Mom, are you actually saying you are disappointed it's a GIRL!!?!?"
And she quickly says "No, not at all.. I just.." and didn't finish her sentence.
And then picked herself up again and said "I'm very happy it's a girl!"

LOL

It's hard to accept that I'll never again have a sweet little bundle of blue again unless God intervenes.

almostmommyof2
October 13th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Due April 21, 2013...Was a surprise so no sway! But would love a girl!!! <3

Lassie1982
October 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Welcome to the newbies :)

coco - its a tough one! Well done on not finding out for so long :) Im team 'find out' because i don't want to feel any GD when the baby is born, and because i don't want to hope girl when it isn't, we're having an elective scan at 15weeks.
I worry that if i dont find out, i will potentially make things worse for myself after birth, the hormones are a mess at that time anyway, and i would hate for it to hit me then when you are already more susceptible to baby blues and pnd because of hormones, fatigue etc.

I love the name Willow suregena - it has such a nice sound to it

hows everyone one feeling? Ive been getting really bad bouts of MS....at random times, sometimes morning, sometimes night.....but its the extreme fatigue thats killing me! It is insane, ive never known anything like this! I really hope this passes once i enter the 2nd trimester because i feel so pathetic and useless :(

I told a close friend of mine and she started the whole 'oh wouldnt a girl be nice, i hope its a girl for you' I know im going to get SO much of that when people start finding out :(

mrshonyez
October 13th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I went all day without taking the Zofran today, woo hoo!! Lol I sure hope my ms is gone... I still took unisom and b6 last night though. But I've had to take all 3 to keep from getting sick, so it's a start! Had a pretty good scare earlier, the boys were playing together in the bedroom and I heard a scream. Turns out DS1 I guess threw a toy and hit DS2 on his head. There was SO much blood in the 3 seconds it took me to get there! Got him to the ER and luckily he just needed liquid stitches and had no other issues. It was so scary though, and now I think about how rough 3 boys are gonna play together, especially when they're a little older... Ugh I dunno how much my heart or nerves can take of that!

Rosie85
October 13th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Was shopping today and came across the cutest onsie. It was cream colored with pink little flowers all over it and a ruffled neck area with a tiny pink bow to the side. I could have just died while holding onto it. I was almost shaking. haha I sound so pathetic! I want my baby girl sooo bad. Please please please.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far. Sorry to hear some of you are feeling so crummy :-(

spinningmadly
October 13th, 2012, 11:58 PM
You are much more patient than me Rosie! I'd be at the 3d private place at 15 weeks!

homebirthing princess
October 14th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Why is it ladies that instead of people saying oh wow congrats your having a girl, I get ppl say well you know they can get it wrong...I know a ladie who had her 3 boy after being told its a girl!! Iam seriously starting to worry now and last night I dreamt they told us boy at our 4d scan! Omg imagine that! Do they often get it wrong? X

suregena
October 14th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Now I've dreamt that my MOM gave birth to a girl! Hahaha...

Myloves
October 14th, 2012, 07:32 AM
@homebirthingprincess
Why is it ladies that instead of people saying oh wow congrats your having a girl, I get ppl say well you know they can get it wrong...I know a ladie who had her 3 boy after being told its a girl!! Iam seriously starting to worry now and last night I dreamt they told us boy at our 4d scan! Omg imagine that! Do they often get it wrong? X

Don't listen to that! Willow is all girl :awe:
I had people tell me dd was a boy blah blah blah, and she's a happy, tutu-loving little girl - definitely not boyish in the least! :p

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 14th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I went all day without taking the Zofran today, woo hoo!! Lol I sure hope my ms is gone... I still took unisom and b6 last night though. But I've had to take all 3 to keep from getting sick, so it's a start! Had a pretty good scare earlier, the boys were playing together in the bedroom and I heard a scream. Turns out DS1 I guess threw a toy and hit DS2 on his head. There was SO much blood in the 3 seconds it took me to get there! Got him to the ER and luckily he just needed liquid stitches and had no other issues. It was so scary though, and now I think about how rough 3 boys are gonna play together, especially when they're a little older... Ugh I dunno how much my heart or nerves can take of that!

Just a rough day my friend. 3 boys is fantastic. I've had a trip to the er with my dd too. I think it's a kid thing, not a boy thing. It is scary, but those days pass, thank goodness!! Boys LOVE their moms. You really are a very lucky lady. Congrats again.

spinningmadly
October 14th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Hbp- same thing happened with me. Don't listen to them. They do get it wrong rarely but that's the exception not the rule and I really think its a girl. I also think an u/s tech who knows you have two boys and want a girl would Be cautious and wouldn't tell you girl if they weren't sure. Everyone said that to me too and in hindsight it really pissed me off bc I wanted to be happy and not obsess whether or not it was a girl. If you really are doubting it get another scan but I think it's certain you have a girl and other people are just making you nervous. I'd tell them to please be respectful as you'd like to enjoy your pregnancy and not be worried about the gender being wrong .

homebirthing princess
October 14th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks ladies....just having a crazy lady moment again lol! I just can't believe she's a girl you know? I really want to just get on and enjoy my pregnancy now specialy as I spent the 1st mths worrying about gender/health! We are having a 4d scan Dec 1st so the boys can see her properly :) think I will wait till then b4 I buy her anything else though, my dh wants to get up in the loft to sort out all the boys old clothes&toys to sell but I'm making him wait Haha :) xx

mrshonyez
October 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Just a rough day my friend. 3 boys is fantastic. I've had a trip to the er with my dd too. I think it's a kid thing, not a boy thing. It is scary, but those days pass, thank goodness!! Boys LOVE their moms. You really are a very lucky lady. Congrats again.

Thank you, I'm actually really excited about 3 boys now. I just don't remember my sister and I ever rough housing or anything! We had accidents and such but I have 2 boy cousins that I remember wrestling around and it makes me nervous!!
Well day 2 with no zofran and I'm feeling kinda nauseous. I can handle that for now though!!
Hbp, I'm sure you have your girl!! I wish people wouldn't say things like that!

mummypink
October 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Hb, ignore what people say! The tech knows best as she wouldn't have been so confident if she wasn't sure. I do understand you struggling to believe it though I think I would be just the same. You have spent so much time dreaming about this happening it is hard to believe it actually has. I'm sure the scan in December will show you the definite proof you need and then you can go go go with the girly shopping!! I got a small next catalogue through in the post yesterday and sat cooing at all the gorgeous girls stuff! :D

Mrhoneyz, I know what you mean but I grew up with just a brother and we used to fight all the time - I even pushed him so hard he went flying and cracked his head on something and had to go to emergency! So girls can be rough too, I'm sure your boys will get on just great together and be best of friends. xxx

mummypink
October 14th, 2012, 03:27 PM
I'm ashamed even to admit this but this is the only place I can!
My really good friend is due her first baby just over a month before me and she has her 19/20 week scan tomorrow. I am really excited for her but at the same time REALLY worried that she will find out she is having a girl and I will find out in a months time I'm having another boy.
I know that is so stupid and crazy, and that ultimately it will all be fine whatever happens but I just can't help feeling like I'm going to cry tomorrow if she texts me to say it is a girl. :(

I feel like such a horrible person for even thinking that!!! My ideal would be that we both have girls so I should just be over the moon if it is a girl and keep my fingers crossed that I have a girl this time too.

Arrrggghhhh!! GD is so annoying, why on earth do I care so much?!!!

mydream
October 14th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Mummy pink- please dont feel like a horrible person because you aren't. Before I found out that this little bean was a girl, I wanted anyone I came in contact with that was preg to have a boy and not a girl. It is normal for you to feel that way!!

homebirthing princess
October 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Aww mummy think we can all say we've been there!! Gd is horrible it can make us think all kinds of things, just know that we are all here tomorrow so if you do need a cry and moan let it out to us! I'm convinced your having a girl though just a feeling I have xxx

mummypink
October 14th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Thank you lovelies, so glad I have this site you are all wonderful.

Hope you are right hb! :)

I will let you know what my friend is having tomorrow when I hear, she knows I would love a girl this time and I think she is a bit worried how I will feel if I have a boy and she has a girl bless her. I didn't let on how I was feeling of course and I just said I really hope she has a girl so that even if mine is a boy I have someone to buy girly things for. xxx

Mrs_P
October 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
Oh mummy please really do not feel guilty, we all do it, i spent my SIL's entire pregnancy wishing she had a boy - she did.

Its not like your wishing anything horrible on her or awful to happen to her baby, a little boy for her first pregnancy would be lovely, its an amazing bond between mother and son she'd be really lucky x

NCBeachyGrl
October 14th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I am feeling less and less hopeful I have a girl in here....oh well! I gave it my best!!!

Mrs_P
October 14th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Oh Beachy don't you give in yet, you had a great sway and nothing is clear in your pics and even if it was most techs (in this country at least) say its way tooo early to tell x

NCBeachyGrl
October 14th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Oh Beachy don't you give in yet, you had a great sway and nothing is clear in your pics and even if it was most techs (in this country at least) say its way tooo early to tell x

This whole thing just really sucks. I wish I had never asked for nub pics or a guess from the tech. I wish I never heard anything!!! One day I am fine with this being boy #3 and then the next I am in tears....UGH! Sorry to vent on you ladies!

Thank you Mrs. P. I know it is early, I just don't see this being a girl!!!

Mrs_P
October 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oh hunny vent away we've all been there or will be soon (maybe me to if i ever get preggers again anyway LOL), its so great having women here who understand (i went through all of this alone with ds3 and it was horrible). What ever happens we will all support you (even if i have to crash your due date thread to do so - sorry everyone else i know i'm not mean't to be on here) and it really is better to deal with this now than have any of it when the baby is born (you'd then have guilt to deal with to). Maybe not knowing is better sometimes but at least if you do you have time to get over it before the baby is born.

Are you booking a gender scan in? or do you have a date yet x

NCBeachyGrl
October 14th, 2012, 04:50 PM
:HH: Thank you Mrs. P!!! :HH: I know that I would have to face the music at some point...you can only stay in denial for so long. I guess the good news is that DH has been convinced this is a boy too so he won't think it is strange that I only want to think up boys names or buy boy clothes. I am going to try for a 16 week u/s which would mean Nov. 2 or so. I have my appt. on Tuesday to meet with the doctor and I will schedule it then. Sigh...GD SUCKS. GO AWAY!!!!

Mrs_P
October 14th, 2012, 04:56 PM
:hug2: if ever you want to chat you know where i am x

mummypink
October 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Big hugs NC, try not to give up hope and vent away on here. We all totally understand how you feel.

I would have loved an early scan but at the same time I knew I would obsess over the pics like you so you can't win! Part of me wants to not find out at the scan so I can be in denial the whole pregnancy and have longer to fantasise about having a little girl. I know I will have to get my head around it at some point though, far better to have a few tears at this stage and then look forward to having another gorgeous little boy. I'm sure those newborn cuddles are no less precious whatever the gender. Plus the way I thought of thinking about it just now is would I swap one of my boys for a little girl? The answer is a big fat no way!!! So I know even if this is another boy I will love him to pieces and never want him to be anything else even if I do cry a few tears for the daughter I will never have.

xxxx

spinningmadly
October 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Mummypink- I'm the same way with other pregnant people right now, I just can't deal with it (not you girls!)and I just don't have the energy to pretend to be excited when I'm dreading this is a boy. I really hate GD too. My MiL is bugging us to go up for Christmas (9 hours away) but ill be about 18 weeks then, about when we lost our DD and I do not want to be far away from home during that time frame ...ughh.. Besides that clotting disorders and Long car rides don't mix. She's mad bc we never want to go up there I think

spinningmadly
October 14th, 2012, 05:25 PM
And beachy I'm sorry :( dont give up all hope yet but I'm glad you are actually prepared for it to be a boy rather than the other way around

NCBeachyGrl
October 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thank you mummypink and spinning you girls are so awesome. I hope you both get DDs!!!!! I guess I just need to remember that I can have a 4th. There is no law against it so I have other options before I throw in the towel completely!!

Tiffani3
October 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Argh nc get those tears out it'll make you feel better. Try not to worry about your pics there's nothing on them that's defiantly boy at all sweetie. Big hugs to you xx

NCBeachyGrl
October 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Argh nc get those tears out it'll make you feel better. Try not to worry about your pics there's nothing on them that's defiantly boy at all sweetie. Big hugs to you xx

I keep trying, but then stop myself b/c I should have known better and I feel so stupid. I wish I could have an ounce of Mrshonyez attitude. She has been so awesome and pink4forme....oh my goodness. I have no reason to be so upset over a nub pic!!!!!

Tiffani3
October 14th, 2012, 05:54 PM
It's because you haven't been told one way or the other. Still left guessing and tormenting yourself. Honestly there isn't a clear nub on your pics at all so I wouldn't break your heart on it at all xx

mrshonyez
October 14th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I had lots of mini freak outs before I knew for sure... I think it's the 'what if' that got to me the most! But now that I know, I've decided there's nothing I can do to change it (not that I'd want to change my baby of course) so I might as well get excited! Plus I'm still holding out hope that DH will agree to go for a 4th ;). I definitely wouldn't give up yet, and I hope you get a pleasant surprise at your scan!! At least all these wonderful ladies are here to help us get through either way!

coocoobananas
October 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
I'm leaning towards ending my team green dream! Might try to get an appointment Friday! I kinda want my boys (well the 5 year old) to get to see the baby on u/s. I think it would be a really cool experience! I'm just a little worried its the wrong choice since I was determined to wait from the start! I feel like I'm going against my better judgement! I'll stew over it a couple days and then decide! NC its not over til they say boy so remember you are still in it... But I'm thinking maybe knowing is better for both of us than this limbo!!

Lassie1982
October 15th, 2012, 03:01 AM
Beachy - I really didnt see anything boyish on your pics....so i certainly dont think your chances of girl are shot.

I can imagine its tough! Im only at 8 weeks and the not knowing is driving me mental - I just want to know!

I'd say book in a scan, find out for sure, and then you can driving yourself round the twist - you'll know for sure, then there will be no more 'what ifs' or false hope, or false sadness.

Coco - dont feel that you 'shouldnt' find out just because you had decided that at the beginning of the pregnancy - if you think you will feel better by knowing, then book yourself in and find out......if its going to make things easier, and it means there will be one less thing 'playing' on your mind then go ahead and find out :) Let us know how you go....

We are going for an NT in 23 days, and im still in 2 minds wether to ask the tech anything about the nub / gender guesses. Part of me thinks that no matter what i hear I wont believe it with certainty, which means i will be in the same place as I was before. Part of me thinks i should just enjoy the 12 weeks scan as an opportunity to see out little baby, and then on the 1st of December when we have our gender scan I will find out for certain then, with no if's or buts or maybe's.
Not sure though - becuase of course part of me wants to ask the tech, get a nub pic, and post it on here! What do you girls think?

Cinss
October 15th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Lassie i think it depends on the tech, unfortunatly some of them seem to have bad attitudes and will not be pleased that you even ask at that stage, but then some are really cool and helpful and would be more than happy to have a guess for you. Im just going to sus out the mood first before i ask about it, and im not going to be worried if i dont come away with a nub shot, i understand that 18 weeks is when we will find out for sure.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 15th, 2012, 06:57 AM
Good morning ladies. And good afternoon to my friends across the way. Hope everyone is well.

NCBeachyGrl
October 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
I know I have said it 100 times, but I really do love you ladies. I wish we could all sit together over tea and chat in person. I do feel better today and I asked the tech on babycenter about what was thought to be the nub and she said no, it wasn't the nub and she wasn't convinced that the pic that was circled had a nub either. I am just going to chill out and wait until my next "secret" u/s. I think once I get that scheduled, I will feel like I have a direction and time when this guessing will end.

CooCoo - do what you think is best! If ending limbo will make you have a peaceful pregnancy, then go for it. We will all be here!!!

suregena
October 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Ugh. Today was supposed to be my first midwife appointment.

The midwife clinic is held in the downstairs part of the GP practice so you have to get 'buzzed' to go down there so you check in at the main reception. I went to the main reception and gave my details and she said she didn't see my name anywhere and that the midwives don't normally hold clinics on Mondays. I was starting to get really upset, so she tried calling their mobile number (they only answer that one 8.30 - 9.30 in the morning during the week so I knew they wouldn't get them on that) but didn't try their main line for when they're in the building since she already assumed they don't do clinic appointments on Monday. But she gave me the mobile number and the other number and just shrugged and said she was sorry.

So, I left feeling upset and like an idiot, trying to replay the phone call in my head but I definitely heard "Monday 15th October" when I organized it with them over the phone... so when I got home, I called the mobile number first and left a message, and then I decided to try the clinic number and the midwife (actually, the midwife I saw a lot with my son in 2009/2010!) answered the phone... so I tried to explain my confusion as I went for my appointment but was told there were no clinics on Mondays and I wasn't down for an appointment. First she was like, "Is this Gena?" Then she said she was sorry but the reception was wrong and I actually did have an appointment, but they can't squeeze me in because they need at least an hour with me and I was the last lady of the day and they were going out to see women in the community after. So she rebooked me in to see them next Monday. And I was like, "So, I seriously had an appointment today but she told me I didn't?!" and they said yes... and they were going to go talk to them about that.

After I got off the phone, I cried my eyes out!

A bit over the top, but the midwife appointment so much makes it official and real for me, and I was there, on time, ready for it, only to be made feel like an idiot and sent away, but in reality they really were in the downstairs clinic waiting for me!

ARGH. :(

Not the midwives faults... all the regular GP Surgery reception's fault. But it has seriously ruined my day....

Shellbelle
October 15th, 2012, 09:39 AM
Oh, suregena, I'm so sorry! It's not over the top -- I would have felt the same way. Hugs, sweetie!

Shellbelle
October 15th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I know I have said it 100 times, but I really do love you ladies. I wish we could all sit together over tea and chat in person. I do feel better today and I asked the tech on babycenter about what was thought to be the nub and she said no, it wasn't the nub and she wasn't convinced that the pic that was circled had a nub either. I am just going to chill out and wait until my next "secret" u/s. I think once I get that scheduled, I will feel like I have a direction and time when this guessing will end.

CooCoo - do what you think is best! If ending limbo will make you have a peaceful pregnancy, then go for it. We will all be here!!!

I wish we could have tea, too. On the beach, lol. I hope you can relax until you can find out for sure, sweetie.

spinningmadly
October 15th, 2012, 09:50 AM
Today was DD's original due date :( . I know you are probably tired of hearing about my loss! But if anyone would understand my sadness today.. I thought you girl would

NCBeachyGrl
October 15th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Today was DD's original due date :( . I know you are probably tired of hearing about my loss! But if anyone would understand my sadness today.. I thought you girl would

I'm so sorry spinning. I can only imagine how hard today is. Of course we all understand and are here to listen. Try to do something in her memory today...at least you know your new little one is being watched over.

Tiffani3
October 15th, 2012, 10:07 AM

Massive hugs to you sweetie :(

Shellbelle
October 15th, 2012, 10:09 AM

I am so sorry, spinning. Talk about it as much as you need to. I know today is so hard for you. Lots of hugs and prayers for you today.

mummypink
October 15th, 2012, 10:13 AM

Oh Spinning, I'm so sorry :( Sending you a big hug, we're all here for you, don't ever be worried about posting about your loss on here. I can't even begin to imagine how you try and put the pieces back together after such a tragedy. xxxx

Shellbelle
October 15th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I feel bad about complaining, because I know that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy baby, but I'm so sick today I can barely function. And Zofran isn't working with this baby. I just had to whine to someone because dh isnt being very sympathetic. Lol

mummypink
October 15th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Suregena that is awful! I can't believe they sent you away without properly checking! I'd have been in tears too, so frustrating! I don't think they have any idea what a big deal it is to have these appointments, especially when it is still early days.

Shellebelle - sorry you're feeling so poorly! Hubbies don't really understand how bad it can feel do they? I really hope you get over the worst soon, I think I am getting there although I was sick in the shower this morning! Seriously not nice!! :/

xx

homebirthing princess
October 15th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Nc I hope your ok hun and remember nothings confirmed yet! xx
Surgena that sucks big time hate being messed around!

And spinning iam so sorry hunni I can't even begin to imagine what your going through, always remember that we are here for you! Big hugs hun xxx

mrshonyez
October 15th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I'm so sorry spinning!! I can't imagine your pain either... But we are all here to listen!

suregena
October 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
I'm so sorry, spinning. :(