PDA

View Full Version : Due in March/April/May 2013 Roll call!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

homebirthing princess
October 20th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Oh coocoo I'm so sorry!:hugs:
Congrats on your little boy though hun he will be amazing xxx

Winn I think its to early to go by potty shot, just look at IG they have quite a few boy guesses turn girl and all seem to be guessed b4 19wks in fact I've looked at it far to much and convinced myself that the tech has it wrong and I'm having w boy! This GD is not a healthy thing at all I sat in tears yesterday because evwey1 keeps telling me their horror storys about knowing some1 who was told girl but out came a boy, think I'm more depressed now then b4 I had my scan!! Stupid I know! Xxx

mydream
October 20th, 2012, 01:18 AM
CooCoo- I am so sorry you did not hear pink for your scan but I do want to congratulate you on the baby boy who was clearly meant to be a part of your family. HUGS!

Butterfly Spirit
October 20th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Dear Coocoo, I posted this on the other thread but I will post it here too so you see it. I am sorry you didn't hear pink today, but congrats on the healthy sweet little bundle of blue! :diaper: I always say that momma son bond is worth it's weight in gold because it's true. I'm so glad that you love him already, and that you are feeling better, and I hope your pregnancy goes by quickly so you can meet him! This little guy truly wanted to join your family and have some wonderful brothers!
I send you lots of :HH: hugs :hug2: at this time. And remember ..Someday when your daughter comes, she will have three brothers to protect her and love her!
xx my friend!

suregena
October 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Okay ladies I am about to go bananas so I need a quick rant. DS1 is 4 and some few months. He is still not potty trained. Granted he is special needs but he is high functioning. He just refuses to potty train no matter what. I just want to scream my lungs out. I can't make him do anything. You can't force someone to potty train, so whats this momma to do?! I do NOT want three kids in diapers. Not to mention DS1 barely fits into a diaper at all anymore.

Have you tried the nothing on below the waist thing? What happens when he sees his body peeing, etc? That's how we potty learned my 2 year old. Spent a whole weekend pantsless and he got it pretty quick by day three and was so pleased about it. You just have to expect lots of accidents on the floor and have lots of cleaners around. Whether your son would respond to something similar, not sure... but I was surprised how quick it worked. I literally told his childminder on the Friday, "I'm starting to potty train tomorrow." She was like, "Okay, I'll make sure to have my little potty out for when he's here on Tuesday."

When he went to her house on Tuesday after our "training weekend"... (in underwear, traveling on public transport! No accidents).... when I picked him up the end of Tuesday, she said she was shocked because he took himself to the potty each time he had to go - no accidents.

So, don't know!

suregena
October 20th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Well ladies, I'm pretty bummed. scan nub shots looked very girly but tech looked at potty shot and said she thought boy. I go back on 3 weeks:(

Maybe this will help? Embryo Development external genital sex organs - angle of the dangle boy or girl ultrasound gender scan - Baby2see (http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html)

There may still be a dangle at that point.

NCBeachyGrl
October 20th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Coocoo - I'm so sorry! I know you must be so heartbroken and just know it is OK to feel how you are feeling. I hope you feel at peace with deciding to find out. We are here for you so please do not go away for too long.

Winngrin - I had the opposite of you....my potty shot looked more girl and the nub more boy. When I saw the potty shot, she said it it could go 50/50 because she saw the girl lines but she also said boys could show the same. So basically, anything could go at this stage. I think you are just fine. Try not to worry!!

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Ughhh hbp that's what happened to me. I'm so angry people can't just be happy for you instead of filling you with horror stories. Get another scan if you want to reassure yourself. It's Better than obsessing and worth it IMO. My private scanner had offered to last time , in hindsight, I wish I had just to re confirm it. Especially bc my scan was at 14 weeks and 5 days or so. Granted we lost the baby and she was born early, she was clearly a she , and all those people were just rude who had to tell me those stories.

Grace
October 20th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Oh Coocoo, so sorry for you! I know exactly how you feel. I personally think it's good you have lots of time to accept the fact you're having a boy before he's born. Hugs xxx

mummypink
October 20th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Coocoo sending you a massive HUG xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Congratulations on your little boy, get all your sadness and GD out of the way now and then start looking forward to meeting your gorgeous little boy. We're all here for you xxx

Winngrin
October 20th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Last night I spent hours looking online at potty shots, reading stories of wrong gender guesses and basically driving myself crazy. And I realized that it really can go either way at this point and there wasn't going to be some magical answer, other than wait and see. Then somehow one website led to another and I ended up watching and reading some heartbreaking stories of child abuse. I almost woke 11 month old ds3 up just to hold him close. And while I still want the experience of a daughter, the majority of my anticipated gd flew out the window. Ladies, hold your babies close and enjoy the precious gift you've been given, boy or girl. Our children here are so loved, and they are so very lucky.

Wishing4Pink
October 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Coocoo, i'm so sorry you didn't hear girl but huge congrats on your little boy. Big hugs being sent your way xx

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks Winn for that reminder. In the end all we want is for our chldren to stay healthy, safe and loved no matter what the gender. I know too many people who have lost children in the last few months and they can never hold their babies again.

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 04:58 PM
so I think I am getting sick , like cold sick on top of everything, sneezing, sore throat, and i remembered that last pregnancy at exactly this point (which I remembered bc we were on vacation) I had the same thing happen, I was 9 weeks then too so it's following the same pattern and it's making me very nervous.

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM
If it makes you feel better spinning I get a cold every pregnancy around 7-9 weeks. Had one with all three. It is common for pregnant women to get colds. I am sure baby is just fine :-)

suregena
October 20th, 2012, 05:17 PM
so I think I am getting sick , like cold sick on top of everything, sneezing, sore throat, and i remembered that last pregnancy at exactly this point (which I remembered bc we were on vacation) I had the same thing happen, I was 9 weeks then too so it's following the same pattern and it's making me very nervous.

I just got over a really awful cold type bug a week ago. I lost my voice and it made me feel even more nauseated when most of the time I manage with my nausea. It was not fun. But you are not alone - don't worry!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
Today I really feel that this baby is a boy. And even though I've been saying it for a while, my heart really wants to think that my dd and I could possibly get to experience another little lady in our family. I feel like my life is complete boy wise. I have all the boys I want. The thought of ds3 not being the last boy makes me sad, and guilty for some reason. I know many of you don't have girls yet, and I don't want to come across as ungrateful for what I have. But I do believe if you have 5 children, like my crazy a$$ decided to do..lol..that you'd have a dd by now too. I know many are feeling down about the gender they have been told, and I'm certainly not trying to make things worse for any wonderful ladies in this thread. I've nubsessed today over my nt scan pics. I've never done that before. Thanks for listening. The people in my "real" world would never understand.

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Am i the only one that has a sibling that has GD too!!
DS1 keeps saying that he only wants a baby girl and no more boys.

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 06:23 PM
Nope my ds1 really wants a sister...bad

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM
rosie- i think that makes it a lot harder for me. i feel bad if he won't get his sister. most of my friends have girls and the one that has one boy and 4 girls, he doesn't even choose to play with her son, he likes the girls.

mrshonyez
October 20th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I had a cold somewhere around 9 ish weeks too!
I'm not sure about my DS1, he said he wanted a brother, then he said its a baby sister and wanted to buy 'her' all pink and girly things, but now he's telling everyone he's getting another baby brother. So he keeps going back and forth! I hope he stays excited about having another brother...

mrshonyez
October 20th, 2012, 06:47 PM
3m, I'm still pulling for you that you have your dd in there!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM
3m, I'm still pulling for you that you have your dd in there!!

That really means a lot to me!!! I really hope my attitude is like yours if I hear boy. You certainly know how to lead by example. I really hope this feeling goes away. I think it's here because my gender scan is in less than 3 weeks. I'm going to be so incredibly nervous that day!!

mrshonyez
October 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
Thank you! I'm sure everyone will be on here dying for any update that day!! I know I'll be stalking!

Rosie85
October 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Three it's okay to feel that way! Just because you already have a DD doesn't mean you aren't dying for another! You want it as bad as us!

My scan is a week away and I think I might go crazy. Sad to think after next Saturday all this obsessing and worrying will be over and it could have all been for nothing I could be making myself sick for no reason! haha

please be a girl please be a girl please be a girl!!

suregena
October 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
I had a bit of pink/reddish when I wiped tonight. Only a spot of it and wasn't there when I wiped more. I hope it's just from the area of bleeding from the early ultrasound that they saw and nothing else. :(

Lassie1982
October 20th, 2012, 07:29 PM
good luck for your scan's 3M and rosie!
I will be stalking!
Mine is too far away to get excited about .... December 1st.
I am having a NT on November 8th, but have decided to ask NO questions about nub, and no nub or potty shots. Im going to enjoy it simply as an opportunity to see baby.
I will only be 11w 6d at the time, and from what i have seen it is so 50/50 at that stage, so no matter what get told, and no matter what guesses i get on here, its not going to change my belief on the gender (ie, if i get all girl guesses I will still think its still as likely to be a boy and vica versa) I know i would drive myself mental with the guessing and obsessing, so I will just hold out till the gender scan when i will get told with certainty.

Lassie1982
October 20th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I had a bit of pink/reddish when I wiped tonight. Only a spot of it and wasn't there when I wiped more. I hope it's just from the area of bleeding from the early ultrasound that they saw and nothing else. :(

I was reading something the other day and it said that 40% of women experience some form of spotting / bleeding during pregnancy, so try not to worry...thinking of you!

suregena
October 20th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I feel quite sick today when normally I've been coping so I'm hoping that's a positive thing and the spot of blood from wiping earlier is just due to that area of bleed or even the vanishing twin thing. Sheesh! :( Now I'm going to be laying here all night, full of anxiety...

Cinss
October 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Your not dtd are you suregena? I had blood the other night after dtd, scared me a bit but it went away pretty much as soon as i whiped it all away.

Shellbelle
October 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
That really means a lot to me!!! I really hope my attitude is like yours if I hear boy. You certainly know how to lead by example. I really hope this feeling goes away. I think it's here because my gender scan is in less than 3 weeks. I'm going to be so incredibly nervous that day!!

You know I understand how you feel. It's still gd and its still intense. I have my fingers still firmly crossed that this is a dd for you :)

Shellbelle
October 20th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Your not dtd are you suregena? I had blood the other night after dtd, scared me a bit but it went away pretty much as soon as i whiped it all away.

I was wondering the same thing. It could be an irritated cervix? My dr would say put your feet up, drink plenty of water, and try to relax. Hugs!

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Lassie my scan is also around then and that's why I'm hesitant to look at the nub.

spinningmadly
October 20th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Oops hit enter too quick. I am close with the woman that owns the private place around here and she said shed be happy to sneak a peek anytime after 12 weeks just to see baby , I think I'll do my gender scan with her too. She has seen me with my boys and also my dd and she also confirmed my dd passed away/second opinion before I induced, I think she will understand if I cry if it's a boy and not judge after being around for everything.

suregena
October 21st, 2012, 03:46 AM

Haven't DTD, no.

Lassie1982
October 21st, 2012, 04:45 AM
Oops hit enter too quick. I am close with the woman that owns the private place around here and she said shed be happy to sneak a peek anytime after 12 weeks just to see baby , I think I'll do my gender scan with her too. She has seen me with my boys and also my dd and she also confirmed my dd passed away/second opinion before I induced, I think she will understand if I cry if it's a boy and not judge after being around for everything.

Oh thats so handy! Lucky you :)

suregena
October 21st, 2012, 05:31 AM
No spotting today, urgh. Which is good and likely can be attributed to what they found at that early scan, but I still don't feel any more at ease...

ALL night I dreamt I was giving myself an ultrasound around 12 weeks to stare at the nub and in my dream it was a girly nub and I kept doing it over and over and over and was trying to use my cell phone (?!) to take a photo to show people to ask, "IS THAT A GIRLY NUB?!" I'm obviously starting to lose it!

Grace
October 21st, 2012, 02:14 PM
My big scan is tomorrow!!! DS2 woke up today burning with fever, so he kept me busy all day. When he finally took a nap, I cleaned the house. Somehow the day went by and I managed to keep my mind off things. Right now I'm kind of cool and indifferent, but I have a feeling tomorrow morning I won't be so cool...please send some pink energies my way :worry:

Shellbelle
October 21st, 2012, 02:15 PM
GL Grace! I'll be stalking for updates tomorrow!

NCBeachyGrl
October 21st, 2012, 02:34 PM
Good luck Grace!!! I hope you hear pink! What time is your scan tomorrow?

Butterfly Spirit
October 21st, 2012, 02:38 PM

OMG.. I got like 9 colds while prego with both boys, and maybe was the flu. That's no exaggeration..I'd pick up something new as soon as I was better it was crazy.(even with the flu shot) with It's normal.. and especially with the weather changing right now. Our immune systems being suppressed while prego is why. Just take extra precautions with sanitizing yourself and your little ones when you go out and about. I go around the whole top of the shopping cart with a sanitizing wipe before my kids get into it.. and even taken wipes to other stores to wipe down the cart we have used there..And I look like a silly woman sanitizing our table at restaurants but.. the change in how often someone gets sick is amazing! Back when I was pregnant we weren't that savy or I probably could have avoided being sick so often.

Butterfly Spirit
October 21st, 2012, 02:49 PM
GL Grace! How exciting. :)

Butterfly Spirit
October 21st, 2012, 02:50 PM

Your baby could be low near the cervix maybe? I hope the spotting stays away for now!

Tiffani3
October 21st, 2012, 02:51 PM
Good luck tomorrow grace xx

homebirthing princess
October 21st, 2012, 03:43 PM
My big scan is tomorrow!!! DS2 woke up today burning with fever, so he kept me busy all day. When he finally took a nap, I cleaned the house. Somehow the day went by and I managed to keep my mind off things. Right now I'm kind of cool and indifferent, but I have a feeling tomorrow morning I won't be so cool...please send some pink energies my way :worry:

Good luck for tomorrow grace, sending lots of pink dust your way xxx

mummypink
October 21st, 2012, 03:51 PM
Good luck Grace!

Suregena - is it around the time your period would have been due if you weren't pregnant? When I had my spotting it was about that time and I've heard it is very common due to hormones getting confused or something but the blood isn't coming from the baby. Good sign that you still feel sick and haven't had any more so try not to worry - easier said than done I know! x

suregena
October 21st, 2012, 04:40 PM
Good luck Grace!

Suregena - is it around the time your period would have been due if you weren't pregnant? When I had my spotting it was about that time and I've heard it is very common due to hormones getting confused or something but the blood isn't coming from the baby. Good sign that you still feel sick and haven't had any more so try not to worry - easier said than done I know! x

I suppose roughly, yes... but don't know. Definitely have had zero today. I'm seeing the midwife, finally, for the first time tomorrow and will be giving her the report from the early ultrasound (which mentions an area of bleed and also the possible vanishing twin gestational sac/area) and will tell her about the spotting I've had since that ultrasound (just twice... and a spot, literally) and just let her know I am not feeling at ease and still worried and I'll ask questions about the area of bleed. They'll know my miscarriage history so we'll see what she says.

Cinss
October 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
Im due March 13th really hoping for a second boy. All the gender predictions so far have agreed with me, except the baking soda one but oh well lol.

Very tired during the day, dont really sleep too well anymore. Still going to the bathroom nonstop lol.

Congrats on the boy proudmommy :) as the only other boy swayer in this thread, you gave me a little hope.

spinningmadly
October 21st, 2012, 08:01 PM
what temp do your dr's suggesting medicine for fever when pregnant? I thought 101=101.5 was what I was told before but today she told me 100.3! which is pretty low! meaning I should have taken tylenol last night.. anyway i just took it and then realized theres no way I'm going to keep it down anyway..

spinningmadly
October 21st, 2012, 08:13 PM
butterfly- your shirt in your avatar pic is freaking me out lol

Rosie85
October 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
Fever is dangerous in pregnancy because there is a link to increased autism cases in women who had fever. So you want to keep it as low as possible at all times.

Rosie85
October 21st, 2012, 08:48 PM
Butterfly I love that shirt!!

Good luck tomorrow Grace!!

mrshonyez
October 21st, 2012, 11:11 PM
I almost bought a shirt like that too butterfly! Too cute!
Good luck Grace, will be stalking!

NCBeachyGrl
October 21st, 2012, 11:17 PM
Does anyone know the difference between an allergic reaction rash, eczema, or acne? I have this only on my thighs...little raised red bumps that itch at times...only at night it seems when I am sitting still. It is so ugly and I don't know if I should call the dr or treat myself!!

Grace
October 21st, 2012, 11:36 PM
NC I think I have the same rash, only on top of my feet. It scratches like hell at night, and when I wear tight shoes. I've had it for two weeks and now it almost disappeared, didn't do anything to treat it.

mrshonyez
October 21st, 2012, 11:37 PM
I had something similar during my last pregnancy, it was more toward the end though. It was all on my arms, belly, and legs. They told me it would go away once I had him. I would say if you're concerned, at least call in to see what they say!

Grace
October 21st, 2012, 11:40 PM
Thanks ladies for wishing me luck, it means a lot to know I'm not alone! I'll update as soon as I get home :nails:

Myloves
October 22nd, 2012, 02:04 AM
Sending you every pink dust I have left Grace!

Lassie1982
October 22nd, 2012, 02:53 AM
Good luck Grace!!!! Will be hanging out for your result!!!

Cinss
October 22nd, 2012, 04:29 AM
My friend just told me about The Australian Institute of Ultrasound, its a training facility 15mins from where i live on the Gold Coast. They constantly ask for volenteers via their facebook page to come and have free scans. They do sex determination at 16weeks, and you get a dvd copy of the whole thing for free, it takes about 1hour and about 3 trainees have a go on you. I think i will try to get in for sure at 16 weeks, and i have not decided to tell DP yet.

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 04:50 AM
Anyone else had problems with their ears popping/ going all funny like when you're on an aeroplane? I was at a baby fair on Saturday in a sports hall when it first happened, I just couldn't get them to pop properly to clear it so whenever I spoke I felt like I was speaking with my fingers in my ears. It took about 30 minutes to stop, then yesterday I took the dog for a walk and it happened again.
Never had it before but I'm wondering if it is linked to all the excess phlegm (sorry for tmi!) I have had this pregnancy. So bizarre!

On a different note I've been looking at travel systems and have fallen in love with a gorgeous purple one, not sure I could get away with using it for a boy though. :/

4 weeks today I have my scan so will have to wait until then to see whether purples is the way to go!

Lassie1982
October 22nd, 2012, 04:52 AM
That's so awesome cinns! Wish there was something like that here! You get to see your bubba for so long.
My scan is literally going to be about 5-10mins, no DVD, not even sure I will get a photo, but it was the cheapest elective I could find.
Does your Dp want to know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cinss
October 22nd, 2012, 05:04 AM
Yeah he wants to know but i know how disappointed he will be if its a girl, i feel like i would need to break it to him gently rather than have him find out at the 18 week scan. Im still unsure how to deal with his GD i know he will be so happy to get a boy.

Wishing4Pink
October 22nd, 2012, 05:18 AM
Good luck today Grace x

suregena
October 22nd, 2012, 06:11 AM
First appointment went well.

I mentioned to them that the prenatal I'm taking contains some vitamin A (not from the Retinol type... I think it's more from vegetables/fruit because it's a raw prenatal, which I tried to explain but explained badly! I should have brought them with me) and she said that in the UK NO vitamin A should be taken. I figured because this is a raw prenatal with its vitamin sources from vegetarian foods it should be okay? I guess I'll have to show them. I suppose, personally, I feel like it is likely okay... as it is not vitamin A from the sources they warn against and is from things I would eat in a normal diet, anyway. But, ooooof! Then on the other hand, I worry that I've doomed my baby... but if that was the case, we'd never eat any vegetables/fruit with vitamin A in it during pregnancy! I think she thought it was like the vitamin in a prenatal form, which it sort of is, but the prenatal is a RAW prenatal, so it is packed full of WHOLE foods, not just straight-up vitamins... if that makes sense...

suregena
October 22nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Anyone else had problems with their ears popping/ going all funny like when you're on an aeroplane? I was at a baby fair on Saturday in a sports hall when it first happened, I just couldn't get them to pop properly to clear it so whenever I spoke I felt like I was speaking with my fingers in my ears. It took about 30 minutes to stop, then yesterday I took the dog for a walk and it happened again.
Never had it before but I'm wondering if it is linked to all the excess phlegm (sorry for tmi!) I have had this pregnancy. So bizarre!

On a different note I've been looking at travel systems and have fallen in love with a gorgeous purple one, not sure I could get away with using it for a boy though. :/

4 weeks today I have my scan so will have to wait until then to see whether purples is the way to go!

My son's pushchair is slightly purple (with trees on the seat!) and he wore purple all the time! GET IT! :)

Grace
October 22nd, 2012, 07:37 AM
Ok ladies, no easy way to say it: we're having a BOY! I actually took it fairly well, I thought I saw his boy parts on the screen , so when the doc broke the news it was no surprise. On the way home I felt like crying for a moment before calling my mom to tell her, but I got over it. We're both a bit disappointed, but no major GD for now:think:

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 07:53 AM
So sorry it isn't a girl Grace but huge congrats on your baby boy, so glad you are taking it well but don't be afraid to have a good cry if you need to. Far better to get it out of your system and then look forward to meeting your gorgeous little man.

Big hugs xxx

homebirthing princess
October 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
Grace I'm really sorry you didn't hear girl hun! Congratulations on another beautiful little boy though!! You sound like your handling it really well, but if u do need to vent you know where we are big hugs xxx

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 08:03 AM
Thanks Suregena ;)

Grace
October 22nd, 2012, 08:05 AM
Thanks girls, I'm really touched by your sympathy , Your comments almost made me cry, but I think I'll be ok soon. Trying to focus on how great my boys are. Yesterday I picked up DS2 (he wasn't feeling well) and he said: 'oh, mommy' and gave me this huge hug and patted me on my shoulder.. What more can I ask for?

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
I totally agree with mummypink! You have the best attitude! Just know it is OK to let it all out...don't feel like you have to hold it all in. Congrats on your sweet baby boy.

Yesterday I was looking through baby pictures from DS1 and DS2 and they were so cute. My heart melted all over again! Boys truly are very special and we are all so lucky and blessed!

Tiffani3
October 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Sorry you didn't hear girl grace, congratulations on your baby boy xxxx

Wishing4Pink
October 22nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Grace, sorry you never heard girl. You sound like your doing well, but all the girls are here for you if you need us. Huge congrats on your little boy!! x

3girlsinarow
October 22nd, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hey Ladies....I've been lurking for weeks reading this thread. I have posted before on some threads but it's been a while. Just wanted to jump in and say that I have enjoyed reading along through everyone's journey here. I am almost 13 weeks, but will have to wait until at least 18-20 weeks before my ultrasound. I think it was Cinss that said she and one other lady were the only ones going for a boy.....but just wanted to say I am too....count me in on the boy wish list. It blows my mind how so many of you ladies just keep having boys, boys, boys....and then here I am with three girls in a row (as my screen name says) haha. Praying my blue sway worked and we will finally get to experience having a boy this go round. Praying for all you ladies who did not get the news they wanted to hear at scans, but I know your little ones will be exactly who they are supposed to be. You ladies are all so sweet and funny....looking forward to hearing more of everyone's stories...take care.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 22nd, 2012, 09:41 AM
A lot of new baby boys to love in this thread. And a lot of great attitudes from their wonderful mothers!! Congrats to all of you on your healthy babies!!

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
Lol this is like the boy thread!!
I don't know if I'm going to stay here , I'm pretty sure I'll have a boy if i do ;)
Just kidding!!

Congrats on the healthy babies. You are all handling it much better than I will!!

Shellbelle
October 22nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Congratulations, Grace! I'm so sorry that you didn't hear girl, but I agree with the pps that your attitude is fantastic, and I know that this little baby boy will be such a blessing to your family.

Shellbelle
October 22nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
Welcome to the thread, 3girls!

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 10:39 AM
Hi 3girls, welcome to our group! Sending all my blue dust to you! Really hope you get your DG, I've got to wait until I'm 19 weeks for my u/s so I know how you feel. Feels like it is taking forever to get here! xx

3girlsinarow
October 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hi 3girls, welcome to our group! Sending all my blue dust to you! Really hope you get your DG, I've got to wait until I'm 19 weeks for my u/s so I know how you feel. Feels like it is taking forever to get here! xx

Yes...for some reason this time it really feels like waiting for the ultrasound is taking forever. I told my husband if we had extra money I would be pulling up on 2 wheels at the elective us place in 2 weeks. He thinks it would be crazy to actually pay extra money to find out a few weeks sooner, but for some reason this time it's really driving me nuts. I handled it much better last time (the wait that is)....and then we finally got to the ultrasound with DD3 and the tech (who has always had the personality equivalent to a rock) said, "Well, I don't see anything different than what I saw the other two times." in a very monotone voice.....Gee thanks lady for the exciting announcement. I don't see how you could see babies through ultrasound and not have some personality...I mean I know it has its sad moments doing that job and I guess they have to remain kind of straight-faced about things, but she could have at least said "It's another girl". Oh, I told my husband if we actually find out we are having a boy this time, I will probably be so shocked I will fall off the ultrasound table...so if you ladies hear a big boom from the east coast at the end of Nov./beg. of Dec. you'll know I fell off the table.:rofl:

coocoobananas
October 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
Hey Grace, I was hoping you would start a change but this is the month of boy reveals ( since I'm not really in this due date group... I just like it here:)
You sound like I imagined myself being and I'll keep reading over these posts to remind myself that this isn't a bad thing, many would kill to be in my shoes! Congratulations, I do believe these babies are
meant to be:)
I am really wishing I staed with my team green, I went against my instincts and caved and now I am sad. I feel bad all over again that I have these feelings that I was sure I could avoid if I just saw this sweet guy at birth! At least I have a couple 3d pics to look at to remind me of the big picture! Although I keEp thinking 'why couldn't you just have a vagina' and then that seems to snap me into reality, like wtf? WhO cares if he doesn't? What difference does it make... That is something I need to figure out because I don't even know!
I won't ever have a girl of my own, but sometimes thinking of adoption ( which I don't think is financially possible sadly) eases my mind a little, even if it's just to trick my mind to get over this!
Agggh! I hate being this way, I feel like I need to be shaked into reality!! In 3 months I will, I just have to get there!!

atomic sagebrush
October 22nd, 2012, 11:37 AM
If anyone has half a sec, can you shoot me a PM and update me on who is having opposites so I can add them to the sway stats? It's tough for me to keep up with and I want the stats to be as accurate as I can have them.

Grace
October 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
Coocoo I know what you mean about feeling sad. I just took the boys to the playground, a lot of moms I know we're also there with their kids. I couldn't bring myself to tell them we found out it's a boy, felt like I'd choke with tears if I try to talking about it. I guess it's sinking in... I love my boys dearly and of course I would never trade them for anything in the world, but it's those little things about having a girl that I miss- ballet class, pony tails, pretty dresses and just wondering what my little girl might have looked like. Just thinking about it is bringing tears to my eyes, so I'll stop now
:sad:

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 11:56 AM
Sorry Grace :-( I was really thinking you would break the streak. Congrats on the boy though! I know what you mean about getti g sad thinking about the things we don't get to experience like pigtails and ballet. It's not a huge help but dh always tells me just because you have a girl doesn't mean she will like all that stuff. She could be the biggest tomboy ever. We crave an idea, what is our ideal girl and it makes it hurt more if that makes sense. Hugs to you, I am sure your baby will be gorgeous and sweet like your other two!

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Ladies this boy streak is getting long. I hope I can break it this Saturday. Not getting hopes up though. I am already losing sleep constantly thinking about the gender. Can't wait til I know and I can move on either way.

coocoobananas
October 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM
You can pm me if you want Grace, I've already pm'd Tiff3 as I just needed to talk to someone who 'gets it'!
I'm hoping talking about it is better than holding it all in. I've only told my mom, sister and Sil ( basically cause they made me!) and 2 of my friends one who has 2 girls and gets it and the other who could tell something was up!But I didn't talk to Amy of them long as I was a big ball of tears so I just changed the subject!!
3 girls I know had 2 Boys and then a girl... Which is what inspired me to go for it, but of course 1 of us couldn't be so lucky! Of course it had to be the one who openly admitted she wanted it so bad and tried the hardest to make it happen! They all said they were totally fine with a boy and the girl was a big suprise!!!... I call bullshit though;)
I mean I pulled the wool over my own eyes to get me here! I didn't want 3, I wanted a girl! Too bad I couldn't really know that til it was too late! Poor baby:(

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 22nd, 2012, 12:01 PM
Coocoo I know what you mean about feeling sad. I just took the boys to the playground, a lot of moms I know we're also there with their kids. I couldn't bring myself to tell them we found out it's a boy, felt like I'd choke with tears if I try to talking about it. I guess it's sinking in... I love my boys dearly and of course I would never trade them for anything in the world, but it's those little things about having a girl that I miss- ballet class, pony tails, pretty dresses and just wondering what my little girl might have looked like. Just thinking about it is bringing tears to my eyes, so I'll stop now
:sad:

My eyes watered while reading this...I'm sorry it hurts so much. I really hope if goes away soon.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 12:04 PM
I think most people care more than they will admit. I am glad we all have a place to come and talk, share our true feelings. Dh already has said he doesn't get it as most of yours have too. So I am happy to know I have somewhere to turn this Saturday if I am told boy.

mrshonyez
October 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
My friend just told me about The Australian Institute of Ultrasound, its a training facility 15mins from where i live on the Gold Coast. They constantly ask for volenteers via their facebook page to come and have free scans. They do sex determination at 16weeks, and you get a dvd copy of the whole thing for free, it takes about 1hour and about 3 trainees have a go on you. I think i will try to get in for sure at 16 weeks, and i have not decided to tell DP yet.

I had something like this during my last pregnancy. They needed people to train on, so I got to go in once a month to see him for over an hour each time. It was really great! I hope you can get in for it :)

Grace, I'm so sorry you didn't hear girl... We are all here for you!

Welcome 3girls!

mrshonyez
October 22nd, 2012, 12:28 PM
Just wondering of anyone got the chance to pm atomic, or are we each sending one if we're an opposite?

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
Just wondering of anyone got the chance to pm atomic, or are we each sending one if we're an opposite?

At the first page of this thread, I am keeping up with what we swayed for and what everyone is having. I sent her a PM with a link so she has it!

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 12:38 PM
This heartbreak is so terrible. I just know I will be right there with you too (99.9% positive this is a boy) and I just can't deal with it yet. I still have that tiny shimmer of hope even though I know it is bogus.

I think we were all put on this thread to support each other! Hang in there ladies....it will get better.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 12:42 PM
I just hope all the ladies stay on even though they didn't get their girls!!! I would miss everyone if you left!

NC, don't give up hope, I really think you are having a girl!

I am praying my stupidty about cranberry supplements got me my girl. I was freaking out about it because atomic said they were dangerous and I had no clue but I do know women get girls while on them. I tooks tons of them :-( Both ashamed and excited to see if they worked.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 12:43 PM
oh and thank you NC for keeping everything updated!!!

mrshonyez
October 22nd, 2012, 12:48 PM
At the first page of this thread, I am keeping up with what we swayed for and what everyone is having. I sent her a PM with a link so she has it!

Oh yeah, I haven't been on the first page in a while, so I forgot lol. Thank you so much!!
I still have hope you're having a girl!

Wishing4Pink
October 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
Sorry Grace :-( I was really thinking you would break the streak. Congrats on the boy though! I know what you mean about getti g sad thinking about the things we don't get to experience like pigtails and ballet. It's not a huge help but dh always tells me just because you have a girl doesn't mean she will like all that stuff. She could be the biggest tomboy ever. We crave an idea, what is our ideal girl and it makes it hurt more if that makes sense. Hugs to you, I am sure your baby will be gorgeous and sweet like your other two!

So true Rosie, my aunt was telling me about a friend of hers that tried swaying after 2 boys about 10 years ago and got her little girl. But the girl has turned into a right little tom boy, doesn't want to do any girly things either! x

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 12:58 PM
Thank you ladies!!! I hope all the hope and praying on this board does some good in the end! :HH:

Shellbelle
October 22nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Oh yeah, I haven't been on the first page in a while, so I forgot lol. Thank you so much!!
I still have hope you're having a girl!

Yes, thank you so much for keeping track of all this!

My official edd is May 23 -- I didn't realize that lassie and I were almost dd buddies now!

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 02:58 PM
Don't worry even if its a DS3.. I"m not going anywhere!
On another note, my friend thats a midwife listened to the baby today. I was trying to avoid going to my other midwife on Wednesday, her office is very far (45-50 min) and after getting to have ultrasounds at maternal fetal medicine, I don't feel like paying for the .. less.. fancy machines now lol.
anyway, i'm only 9 weeks but we got the baby on the doppler! heart rate was about 170! so fast! yay!
my next scan won't be until 11 weeks now , unless my midwife still wants me to come Wednesday for some reason..

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Ladies it is so very quiet in here today! I am trying to avoid cleaning the boys' rooms and you are not helping! :rofl:

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 03:02 PM
Strong healthy heartbeat spinning!!

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 03:06 PM
I know! i'm hoping it means something! i know its a myth but my DD was fast and my boys were low!

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 03:11 PM
My doctor said he thinks there is some truth to it. My boys' hearts were both at 165 or so. This baby was 180. He said I think it's a girl after he listened. I really hope its truthful but then again my boys' were so high for me I don't want to read to much into it. Maybe my girl would have a lower rate. :-( hmmm

I bet yours is a girl though if it's following the same pattern!

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
it's early and I know its faster earlier right? who knows. I do remember my Mw last time heard it , it was 170 at some point and she was like its a girl! totally worth all the sickness! LOL (because I was super sick and whining)

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 03:23 PM
Your midwife just knew and she will say the same this time!

I never had an early scan with either boy so I don't know if there heart rates changed at all but with this baby the arly scan at 8 weeks put the heart rate at 180 and it was still 180 at the 12 week visit.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 22nd, 2012, 03:39 PM
I have my first appt tonight at 7pm est. The doc will listen to the heartbeat and possibly do a pap. I really hope not though. The last 2 times I've had them at my 12 week check up I bled so bad when they swept my cervix. Reall not looking forward to it. I'm going to be her to leave me alone...hahaha.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
Good luck at your appt Three! Maybe if you ask you can have the pap at a later date? Or she could be more gentle?? Hope the heartbeat is fast and strong!

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 03:40 PM
I didn't have an early one with DS2 either. I do remember we heard the heartbeat via doppler super early , like 7 weeks maybe? but he did come 2 weeks early and my due date was off so he prob was closer to 8-9 weeks, anyway, his was not nearly that fast, I think prob 140s.
My first with this one was at 7 weeks and it was 138 but they said for that early that was pretty fast and it will get faster. I had an early one with DS1 but gosh I don't remember at all what his was. my memory sucks.. lol.. my poor kids.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Yikes can't believe I am 16 weeks pregnant! Almost halfway there!

Anyone else having issues with food tasting off? It seems half of what I eat tastes funny. Eggs taste especially funny and the other day my bowl of honey nut cheerios tasted like formeldahyde. What the heck??! I am used to this during early pregnancy but it's never last this long and for this many food items. It drives me crazy!

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 03:46 PM
Everything tastes too salty to me. I had to throw out my dinner the other night and DH thought I was crazy!!

suregena
October 22nd, 2012, 03:47 PM
I have my first appt tonight at 7pm est. The doc will listen to the heartbeat and possibly do a pap. I really hope not though. The last 2 times I've had them at my 12 week check up I bled so bad when they swept my cervix. Reall not looking forward to it. I'm going to be her to leave me alone...hahaha.

Man, they don't do anything like that in the UK until they are checking your labor progress! No midwife or doctor checks you out or looks upstairs and pokes around! They try to leave you be as much as possible in terms of invasiveness... which I like so much.

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 03:57 PM

Anyone else having issues with food tasting off? It seems half of what I eat tastes funny. Eggs taste especially funny and the other day my bowl of honey nut cheerios tasted like formeldahyde. What the heck??! I am used to this during early pregnancy but it's never last this long and for this many food items. It drives me crazy!

I've had that with my first two pregnancies but not this time thankfully, dh used to go crazy with me for asking him to check if the milk was ok all the time! ;)

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 03:59 PM

I'm really surprised they would do one during pregnancy, my GP refuses to do one until after the baby is born. Thankfully I had one last year anyway so I'm ok but I was due one during my last pregnancy and they said it wasn't recommended to do them when you were pregnant. xx

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Spinning - fab they found the heartbeat! That is super early! :)
I heard my boys hb at around 12 weeks and they were both around 150 I think, I found the heartbeat for this one at 12 weeks but it was fairly quiet so not easy to get a reading. I checked it again this morning and it was reading about 156.

My midwife used to say she didn't believe in the heartbeat early on but later on in pregnancy it was a good indicator. Fingers crossed it is true for you though! xxx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 22nd, 2012, 04:04 PM
I'm going to beg her not to do it. I hate those things, pregnant or not. At my nt scan the baby's heartbeat was 156.

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Where i am from it is standard to get a pap and culture done at 12 weeks. So strange how it varies from place to place. I think a woman should have the right to choose if she wants one though.

Lassie1982
October 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I know this is going to make me sound paranoid an crazy, but I really need your thoughts.

The last 2 days I have been feeling lots of stretchy, pinchy, twinges in my uterus. No cramps or pain.
Now I know this is normal, but this is the worst I have had it. No discharge.

I had one last frer left and I used it this morning, fmu.
And it came up positive straight away, dark line BUT I looked at my last frer which I did about 4 weeks ago, and the test line on that was is darker then it is on today's one, plus the test line is darker then the control line on the previous frer, whereas on today's the test line is lighter then the control line.

Would this worry you? Am I right to be nervouse? Or am I being silly?

Pls help - with your honest opinions, going bonkers

suregena
October 22nd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I won't even let my husband up there, let alone someone doing a pap smear! Forget it! Haha!

I also had a pap smear AFTER my son was born last time. But I never got messed with during pregnancy. My first internal-anything was when I came to the birthing center and they checked how far I was dilated to see if I should stay or go home. Heh

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
Yup we get another pap after birth too at 6 weeks.

suregena
October 22nd, 2012, 04:13 PM
I know this is going to make me sound paranoid an crazy, but I really need your thoughts.

The last 2 days I have been feeling lots of stretchy, pinchy, twinges in my uterus. No cramps or pain.

And it came up positive straight away, dark line BUT I looked at my last frer which I did about 4 weeks ago, and the test line on that was is darker then it is on today's one, plus the test line is darker then the control line on the previous frer, whereas on today's the test line is lighter then the control line.

When is it that your hcg numbers start evening out/decreasing? Isn't there a point in pregnancy where that happens? I wouldn't worry, personally, but you could always get in touch with whom ever is providing your antenatal care if you're concerned!

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 04:15 PM
Nc, dh thinks I am crazy too! I will be eating and yell stop it's bad the food is rancid. Dh will laugh and say nope you are just pregnant and weird.

mummypink
October 22nd, 2012, 04:16 PM

I wouldn't worry about the test at all, the old one may have dried darker or there could be other reasons. Definitely not something to stress about. I've had fairly uncomfortable stretches and twinges this pregnancy, particularly when I wake up. I have to sleep on my left side or I feel like I've pulled a muscle or something in the morning. I think unless it is a sharp stabbing pain it isn't anything to worry about, but if in doubt give your GP or midwife a call and see what they say. xx

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 04:17 PM
Lassie I have been told the pains get worse with each pregnancy for some women. Mine were really bad this time. I was sure I was going to miscarry multiple times and didn't.

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
lassie - I was POAS addicted with this pregnancy and at a point the tests started to get lighter not darker and i freaked out . well it was that whole hook effect. because I diluted the pee a lot (like half water) and it came out super dark again. so later in pregnancy I don't think it's accurate.

Lassie1982
October 22nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Thanks girls, will try not to worry.
If I popped in and saw a gp they would give me a referal for an ultrasound which I could probably get booked in within a day or two, but I'd feel like such a hypercondriak goose!
It's not so much the twinges that are bothering me, but the darkness of the stupid frer.

Thanks for the reassurance girls :)

Lassie1982
October 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Yes, thank you so much for keeping track of all this!

My official edd is May 23 -- I didn't realize that lassie and I were almost dd buddies now!

Yay a due date buddy :) *cheer* I hadn't even realised!

Mrs_P
October 22nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Lassie i did post this on your other thread but have copied my post here to.....

No - really honestly no. Can't believe i'm saying this but step away from the sticks woman!!!!

Firstly the darkness of the line depends on a number of factors anyway including what you've eaten and drunk and the concentration of the pee - thats why the tests come with lots of different pics saying they are all a bfp whatever they look like, a line is a line.

Secondly and most importantly for you when you get too pregnant the tests don't work as well - i took one with ds1 when i was 8-9 weeks (no idea i was pg before then) and got a really weird result test was mean't to be a + for pregnant a - for not i got a very faint | , twice - apparently if you have too much hcg in your system the results go weird (it tells you on the leaflet too calls it the prozone effect or something).

So no really really do not worry - cramps etc as long as not severely painful are perfectly normal in the pregnancy and if anything was wrong you would have painful cramps or bleeding x :bighug:

spinningmadly
October 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
I had lots of round ligament pain with Ds1 and DS2 .. sharp pains.. maybe thats what you are having?

Shellbelle
October 22nd, 2012, 05:23 PM
Thanks girls, will try not to worry.
If I popped in and saw a gp they would give me a referal for an ultrasound which I could probably get booked in within a day or two, but I'd feel like such a hypercondriak goose!
It's not so much the twinges that are bothering me, but the darkness of the stupid frer.

Thanks for the reassurance girls :)

If it makes you feel better, I'm having lots of pulling and twinges and sometimes sharp pains, too. I've had what feels like o pain on the left side since my bfp, although the u/s shows that I o'd from the right side.

I wouldn't worry about the test. Once you are this far along I have heard they get wonky.

Cinss
October 22nd, 2012, 06:08 PM
NC if you could update the front page baby2ontheway is expecting a girl http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultrasound-gender-prediction/14656-update-but-not-100%25-18-week-potty-sono-says-girl.html

Welcome 3girlsinarow :)

Lassie the twingy things you describe are really normal, i know its hard not to freak out, when i get them i lie down right away worrying, you will be fine.

Grace, so sorry you didnt hear girl this time :(

NCBeachyGrl
October 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
I'm going to beg her not to do it. I hate those things, pregnant or not. At my nt scan the baby's heartbeat was 156.

This baby's HB was 146 at 8 weeks, 185 at 9 weeks, 156 at NT scan, and 146 at my last dr. appt (13 weeks).

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 22nd, 2012, 08:20 PM
I got out of the pap!!! I was so excited. All is well. I've lost more weight...about 8 lbs all together. The hb was 159. Oh, and almost 16 days till my gender scan. But I'm not counting...

Rosie85
October 22nd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Glad you didn't have to do the pap Three! Only 16 days and your not counting?! :wink: Liar! haha

Shellbelle
October 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I got out of the pap!!! I was so excited. All is well. I've lost more weight...about 8 lbs all together. The hb was 159. Oh, and almost 16 days till my gender scan. But I'm not counting...

Glad you had a good appointment! And yay for getting out of the pap! I talked my way out of it this time by reminding them they got me during my annual in May. ;)

Myloves
October 22nd, 2012, 08:30 PM
You ladies are so amazing! I love that you are looking towards to the positives of having boys (and there definitely are loads! My sons are the most awesome, sweetest kids) Your boys are so lucky to have you as their mums :awe:
Besides, I'll probably be joining you as a mother of 3 boys in a few months when I (hopefully) fall pregnant. :) Didn't sway with DD - well, I did a half-assed girl diet a couple of months before I was pregnant with her - but she was probably a fluke. I doubt I will ever be lucky enough to have another girl again :( Damn, I already feel weird gd and I'm not even pregnant yet!

Myloves
October 22nd, 2012, 08:32 PM
And a huge congrats to Grace on her boy! Your newest boy will fit in nicely with his brothers. They'll be the three musketeers!

mrshonyez
October 23rd, 2012, 01:39 AM

Oh my gosh, I keep thinking things taste sooo weird and nobody else thinks that about the same food! It's very strange.

Both my boys heartbeats were usually in the 160's, this little guy has been in the 150's-170's. I've been feeling him roll around and move a little for weeks now, but today I felt my first full blown kick! It was so awesome! I always miss this part when I'm not pregnant :)

3m, so glad you got out of the pap! I've had to have one at the beginning with all my kids. Not sure if its standard or if I was actually just due for one. I can't remember. But they definitely aren't pleasant!

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 03:53 AM
Out of interest who used Sylk as part of their girl sway? x

Lassie1982
October 23rd, 2012, 05:06 AM
thanks again girls :) Im reassuring myself that its all ok - just freaked out because of that silly test!

So lucky to have you all on here :hugs:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 06:45 AM
Mrshonyez, I saw your baby bump pic. I just wanted to say you're beautiful inside and out. I love your hair and you look so incredibly cute with that belly!! Hope all went well with your shower.

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 07:34 AM
I had a dream last night the baby was confirmed a boy...it has to be a sign!

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 07:37 AM
NC, try not to worry probably just because it is on your mind. With Ds1 I dreamt he was a girl and I was clearly wrong lol! ;)

I dreamt the other night that a really stunning woman turned up and claimed she had a little 5 year old girl with my dh and he was all happy and excited about it and seemed surprised I was so upset! Apparently I was kicking him in my sleep haha! Our hormones make us dream all sorts of things that don't really mean anything. xxx

Butterfly Spirit
October 23rd, 2012, 07:40 AM
I had a dream last night the baby was confirmed a boy...it has to be a sign!

Except you are supposed to dream the opposite of what you are carrying ;)
I dreamnt boy.

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 07:45 AM
LOL! Too funny mummypink...I hate dreams like that b/c it makes me really wake up mad!

Thanks Butterfly too!

suregena
October 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
Except you are supposed to dream the opposite of what you are carrying ;)
I dreamnt boy.

I dreamt boy with my son and so did my mother and husband, and with this one we've all now had girl dreams... but, pfffft... we'll see.

Shellbelle
October 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
Y'all are so funny! I had a dream a couple of nights ago that the baby was here, but I did not know whether it was a girl or a boy. I was painting its name on the wall: Truth. So that gave me no clues. And it's not even one of our potential names!

Butterfly Spirit
October 23rd, 2012, 08:15 AM
I dreamt boy with my son and so did my mother and husband, and with this one we've all now had girl dreams... but, pfffft... we'll see.

My MIL is apparently the only one in the family that has the dream of what baby actually is! :)

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 09:01 AM
I've had 2 dreams that this baby was a girl. If I hadn't had u/s already I'd probably be pregnant with twin boys....lol!!

spinningmadly
October 23rd, 2012, 09:36 AM
LOL. i had dreams with ds2 that he was a girl and i had dreams with ds1 that he was a boy and he was. I dont think dreams mean much of anything.
I have a friend who has 7 brothers and sisters. her mom guessed wrong with every single child (she never found out until they were born). LOL

Tiffani3
October 23rd, 2012, 10:01 AM
Oooo love dreams. I dreamt when pg with ds3 the night before my 20 week scan i dreamt I had 3 boys playing together!!!
This one I've dreamt my bil adopted a little boy? Another night I dreamt I was looking after a little girl but I had to give her back to someone. None about my baby yet though! xx

3girlsinarow
October 23rd, 2012, 10:07 AM
Last night must have been the night for dreams....I kept dreaming (in between getting up to go to the bathroom) different dreams about having my mid pregnancy ultrasound....it's like they were short little dreams that kept starting over. I dreamt like 3 times that I was in the regular ultrasound room at my ob's office and the tech kept saying it's another girl and then the last dream I had was just too wierd. The last one was that for some strange reason the football coach of my hub's favorite college team was the one that knew whether the baby was a boy or a girl....he made this video about it and at the end he told us "You're having a boy!" and we both went crazy with excitement. Okay.....what did I eat last night? That was really weird to have 4 separate dreams about finding out the gender.....3 of them said girl, but hey....the coach said boy so I'll go with his announcement. Pregnancy definitely makes you dream weird things.............

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 10:13 AM
Right before I got pg, I had a dream that I was holding my baby and it had a dress on..so prob like 3 months old and I was with my sister. I was like "Ok...are we ready to check and see what this is?" and then I lifted her dress and said, "see...I can have girls after all". It was very strange!!!!

mrshonyez
October 23rd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Mrshonyez, I saw your baby bump pic. I just wanted to say you're beautiful inside and out. I love your hair and you look so incredibly cute with that belly!! Hope all went well with your shower.

Aw thank you 3m! That brought a big smile to my face :) and thanks, it was a lot of fun! That shirt makes my belly look way bigger too lol.

Munmypink, I bought it but never ended up needing it. I'm curious now too!

I had a dream the morning before my bfp that someone was holding my new baby girl and she was wearing a baby pink onesie with little daisies all over it. I looked everywhere for a onesie that looked like that just for good luck lol! But then I had a dream where I woke up in I'm assuming some birthing center, and I had a baby boy. But I didn't even know I was far enough along or that I had had the baby, and someone else had named him something completely ridiculous that didn't even make sense lol!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 11:02 AM
The dream I had the other night I was also in the u/s room. And I saw what I thought was a penis, and she said it was straight and fork shaped and it was a girl. I think this dream was a product of staring at too many u/s pics in the forums!!

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 11:03 AM
I used Sylk as a last minute sway tactic, I was reading about it this morning and some people were saying it def sways pink and others were saying it can cause your ph to shoot up and therefore sway boy!

I just wondered who had used it in their sway as thought it would be interesting to see whether our outcomes gave any indication as to if it sways or not. It may help those of us that are thinking about trying again in the future if we don't get our dg this time. xx

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 11:04 AM
lol 3men! ;)

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 11:15 AM
I was too nervous to use Sylk in my sway. When I was planning and researching it seemed like a lot of ppl were using it, but then when I reviewed sways that resulted in opposites, it seemed a lot of them had Sylk in it. I used lube with DS1 and DS2 so I wanted nothing this time around.

I know it has worked for many too so who knows!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
I used saliva=gross thought!!!

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Actually dh used HIS saliva...lol.

Tiffani3
October 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM
Lmao ThreeMenAndALady that was some sexy info!!!!!!!! Lol

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 11:38 AM
I have gender dreams too, they are always with me changing the diaper and it's always a girl. With my boys I dreamt about boys.

Anyone's kids ever guess their gender right? Ds1 is dead set this baby is a girl. I ask him what if it's a boy and he always says its not!

mrshonyez
October 23rd, 2012, 11:51 AM
DS 1 said at first its a boy, then he insisted it was a girl but that he wanted another baby brother instead lol. Now he's so excited and tells everyone he's getting another baby brother :)

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
I have gender dreams too, they are always with me changing the diaper and it's always a girl. With my boys I dreamt about boys.

Anyone's kids ever guess their gender right? Ds1 is dead set this baby is a girl. I ask him what if it's a boy and he always says its not!

Ds1 was dead sure this was a girl....when I was 7wks preg (b4 he knew) he came up to me and said I had a princess baby in my tummy :) I'm sure butterflys son was the same!

How many of you ladies used vitex for your sway?,that's the only thing I used 2mths b4 I fell pregnant I did no other thing to sway, Barr ions xx

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 11:55 AM
No vitex for me...just cranberry and diet change.

I truly think little kids have intuitions that can know things. I trust ds1 saying its a girl over anyone else except the scan tech of course haha

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 11:59 AM
I used vitex. And it's funny, my oldest son is 7, and we showed him the pics of the nt scan. When I got to the one of just the head profile he said "that's a girl head". He now says we're having a girl. I was shocked he said that.

suregena
October 23rd, 2012, 12:29 PM
Ds1 was dead sure this was a girl....when I was 7wks preg (b4 he knew) he came up to me and said I had a princess baby in my tummy :) I'm sure butterflys son was the same!

How many of you ladies used vitex for your sway?,that's the only thing I used 2mths b4 I fell pregnant I did no other thing to sway, Barr ions xx

Vitex for two months, then stopped, and took soy isoflavones + antihistamine for two months, getting preg the second month. The previous months my cycles were sooooo long that I ended up missing ovulation each time. Second cycle on soy my cycle sort of normalized and I managed to catch ovulation. DH fr. We're both vegetarian.

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
My cousin-in-law DD said it was a sister from the moment she knew her mommy was pregnant and she was right. Ds1 insists this baby is a boy and he never changes or says anything else. Ds2 says girl but he doesn't have a clue what I am even asking him LOL. I think I bully him into saying girl!

Just another reason I know this baby is a boy!

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
I used vitex too!!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 12:43 PM
haha NC that is funny. My Ds2 wouldn't know what he is saying either! I hope your DS1 is wrong for you though.... :-/

My boys are coming with to the ultrasound on Saturday since it is a family friendly place. I hope DS1 gets even more excited! Having them there will give me a reason to force myself not to cry if it's a boy because I don't want them to think a new baby is anything but a good thing for everyone. Now if I am told girl I will cry happy tears but those are different!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 01:04 PM
Okay I know this is so irrational but I still haven't felt baby moving and I am starting to think of all the things that could be wrong. Like what if my baby has downs syndrome or does it even have legs? Does baby have dwarfism?? Why? Why can't I feel it moving? I am 16 weeks pregnant! I felt both my other two well before 16 weeks :-( I feel like crying. I thought you were suppose to feel each one sooner and sooner because you know what to look for.

Are there other reasons for me not to feel it?? I am half tempted to go to the tech college for a free ultrasound from a student just to make sure all the pieces of baby are there.

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 01:10 PM
Okay I know this is so irrational but I still haven't felt baby moving and I am starting to think of all the things that could be wrong. Like what if my baby has downs syndrome or does it even have legs? Does baby have dwarfism?? Why? Why can't I feel it moving? I am 16 weeks pregnant! I felt both my other two well before 16 weeks :-( I feel like crying. I thought you were suppose to feel each one sooner and sooner because you know what to look for.

Are there other reasons for me not to feel it?? I am half tempted to go to the tech college for a free ultrasound from a student just to make sure all the pieces of baby are there.

I've really struggled to feel bubs this time round only slight movements up till 20wks, but at my last scan they told me my placenta is anterior so basically its cushioning all the babys kicks ect....I can now feel her move all the time! Do you know where yours is? Xx

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Nope have no clue where it is. I thought about that thinking that was why. Guess I will know on Saturday. I hope that's all it is. Dh says it's because it's probably a girl and she is smaller. I wish....

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 01:19 PM
Home I noticed in your siggy that you have two Ds1's born in two different years....interesting. :giggle:

NCBeachyGrl
October 23rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
I felt little movement a few weeks ago and I haven't felt anything lately either. Maybe we are just getting bigger so the baby has more room to move without us feeling it.

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Home I noticed in your siggy that you have two Ds1's born in two different years....interesting. :giggle:

Ahahaaa your right....ooops best change that :) xx

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 02:55 PM
I wouldn't worry Rosie, I think it is down to babies position as much as anything.
With DS1 I first felt definite movements at about 15 weeks, with DS2 it was more like 17/18 weeks, with this one I have had a couple of definite kicks when I have been using the doppler but nothing really otherwise. I have the odd feeling now and then but it could just be wind!! ;)

It feels like this one either hangs out on the left or snuggled way down in my pelvis!

I didn't use Vitex, I just followed the LE diet, dh did fr, and I took an antihistamine a few hours before we bd, then used a small amount of sylk on the two occasions we bd.

I suppose part of the problem with knowing what works and what doesn't is that we are all doing things slightly differently so hard to say what combination sways the greatest. xx

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 02:59 PM
Yeah it is hard to know what works or if anything works. There were ladies here who seemed to have terrific sways and they still ended up with boys. I was doing some research and read somewhere that even with swaying you are only tipping the odds in your favor a few %. So instead of the 49-51 odds it would be 56-44 or something instead for a girl. Not very encouraging. In the end I guess we are still meant to have what we are mean to have. Not trying to be a debbie downer of coure, just trying to look at it in the sense that we are not failing but it just wasn't meant to be.

mummypink
October 23rd, 2012, 03:03 PM
Yep, definitely the best way to look at it. :)

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
I knew that the diet was a no go for me I love food far to much lol, I honestly beleive that the reason I'm pregnant with a "girl" (im denial lol) is because my lifestyle is so different and I'm a lot more happier then when I fell pregnant with my boys.....we lived in a really secluded part of the country and I had to drive to get anywhere I hardly walked, with ds1 I was in a horrible stressful job and with ds2 I fell pregnant on honeymoon (whilst I had the beginning of swine flu) again a stressful time! This pass yr we have moved to a town I walk everywhere and have loads of friends, I'm a size bigger to which us another reason I didnt wanna do diet...I made boys whilst skinny :) I really do beleive we get what we are given, tho I'm not saying swaying doesn't work after all we have seen some amazing swayers get their desired genders, atomic has done an amazing job in helping ppl achieve that :)

Woah I rambled LOL x

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 03:16 PM
Has anyone with a facebook account spilled the beans about being pregnant yet? Nobody really knows irl and I'm debating if I should do it or not.

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
I agree Home! I appreaciate everything Atomic has done for us, she is truly a book of knowledge and wisdom!

If I am pregnant with a girl I could probably attribute it to the same, I am way different now then I was when I got pregnant with the boys. Much heavier, less stressed due to no school and dh being out of the military. The pregnancy was planned when the others weren't. I feel like I could handle my girl now where as before I couldn't...they are expensive!! haha. I did follow a special diet but it was the junk food crash and burn style...not fun.

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Everyone on my facebook knows, I came out with the baby news when I was 10 weeks along.

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 03:27 PM
I told ppl on fb after my 12wk scan.....in rolled the gender comments, don't know what else I expected really haha!
If u feel happy about telling ppl I don't see why u shouldnt spread your lovely news :) xx

homebirthing princess
October 23rd, 2012, 03:29 PM
Rosie you ARE having a girl I can feel it in my bones! Xxxxx

3girlsinarow
October 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Hi NC....can you add me to the first page with the due dates and sway info? My due date is May 1st, but I always have c-sections so I know I will deliver at 39 weeks in April. I hope I can get my c scheduled for April 25th since my bday is May 25th. Anyways, I swayed for a boy but won't find out the gender until the end of Nov/beg. of Dec. Thanks!:bluecheer:

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 03:51 PM
Home you can feel it in your bones?! Wow I hope you are right!!!

Shellbelle
October 23rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
Has anyone with a facebook account spilled the beans about being pregnant yet? Nobody really knows irl and I'm debating if I should do it or not.

Not yet. We won't say anything till after 12 weeks.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 04:07 PM
I don't know what to do. I'm not sure why I want to keep this a secret.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 04:11 PM
I can answer my own post. I'm all set with negative comments!!! Feeling very protective. If people don't know, they can't say anything. And I won't have to flip out if they say something I don't like! And I've never been one to care about what people think. So I'm not sure where these feelings are coming from...hormones??? lol

suregena
October 23rd, 2012, 04:24 PM
Does the uterus start moving above the pubic bone earlier in a second pregnancy? I keep checking every day! I guess I am getting anxious because it's like a sign that everything is okay and growing, I guess. I can't quite remember when I could start feeling it with my son though... wish I could! Grrr!

Cinss
October 23rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
Does the uterus start moving above the pubic bone earlier in a second pregnancy? I keep checking every day! I guess I am getting anxious because it's like a sign that everything is okay and growing, I guess. I can't quite remember when I could start feeling it with my son though... wish I could! Grrr!

Not sure but i saw a show the other day where the OB said its at around 20 weeks when you can feel it at the belly button.

Shellbelle
October 23rd, 2012, 04:35 PM

The average should still be about 12 weeks, I think.

Winngrin
October 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I haven't spilled on Facebook yet. I have this dream of being able to announce that it's a girl at the same time! I definitely don't want any comments about 4 boys.

mrshonyez
October 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM

With my second I believe it popped out from behind between 9-10 weeks, this time it was 8 weeks. And now at 17 weeks its up a fingertip above my belly button!

I told on Facebook at about 10 1/2 weeks. It was a complete surprise for most of my friends since DS2 had just turned 1. But I had tons of gender comments, and now that I announced its a boy, I have a lot if just "oh wow" comments.... Ugh. Like he's any less special because he's a HE. And then there's been a lot of "are you gonna try again for a girl?" when I don't even know how I'll handle 3 yet!! Kinda wish I had just gone the whole pregnancy without saying and then post a picture when he's born lol. Maybe I'll do that IF I have a 4th!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Gosh people can be so rude. Facebook is dangerous!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 06:45 PM
Our third fourth fifth or sixth boys are not any less special just because they aren't girls. Just because we were trying for a girl doesn't mean we don't love our sweet boys! people need to learn to watch their mouths or they are going to get punched!

My uterus feels awful high for 16 weeks but I suppose its normal for subsequent pregnanies. The average though is 12 weeks and like cinss said it's 20 weeks for the navel area.

Cinss
October 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
My SIL is pregnant, 1 week ahead of me with her first child. We told eachother about being pregnant right away because we both knew the other was trying. She posted on FB already at about 8 weeks for her that they are expecting, and i cant help but feel like she did it so early to "beat" me to the the attention of the family. Not that it matters or anything i am happy that she is so excited about it and i do want her to have the attention because it is her first. I just think that FB causes drama, last time i didnt say anything on FB, then when DD was born i posted pics, and got all the shocked comments from distant friends who had no idea i was pregnant. Not sure what i will do this time around, i do want to avoid the gender comments.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 08:27 PM
I think the answer to everything that upsets or bothers us is...we should just punch whoever ticked us off in the face. It really seems like it would make everything better. So going forward, if someone says or does somethings that offends or aggravates any of us in this thread, just wind up and knock them the F>>K OUT!!!! Problem solved...lol.

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 08:29 PM
Yeah I heard pregnant women get pardons for punching people out....hormones :wink:

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 23rd, 2012, 08:40 PM
And to switch gears here, I'm so sick tonight!!!! I have another headache too. I don't think I've had these before when pregnant. What a crappy feeling.

spinningmadly
October 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Ds1 was sure the last baby was a girl and he was right. The whole time he told me he was sure.
When my sil was pregnant , my nephew who was 3 kept saying its a boy AND a girl and that there were 2 babies .. Well at 20 weeks (first u/s) they found out they were having twins.. And they were a boy and a girl!

3m&al = haven't you been pretty sick? Maybe the headaches are from dehydration? I know I'm real bad in the evenings and I wake up w headaches bc I get so dehydrated from the night before

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 09:53 PM
That is crazy spinning! See kids totally know!

Rosie85
October 23rd, 2012, 09:54 PM
Dh bought me a case of Gatorade to help with my leg cramps and headaches. Maybe you should try it too three!

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 01:05 AM
Gosh people can be so rude. Facebook is dangerous!

It really is, I wish I hadn't revealed the gender now I guess I was just excited to announce I was having our 1st baby girl! I have had so many ppl tell me there horror stories Bout tech getting it wrong specialy with a girl....it actually has started to depress me now and in fact I'd say I'm more worried now about gender because I'm so scared some1 will take away my dream :( I have another scan booked for 1dec I tried changing it yesterday to Nov 10th but I can't :( I keep doing stupid things like googling 'do techs get it wrong' blah blah blah...... I hate all this I really thought once I knew gender I could enjoy my pregnancy x

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Home I really think you are having your dream baby girl. Don't listen to them, apparently some people have a hard time being happy for those who get what they want. Are you getting a 3d or 4 d scan done on the 10th? I know my friend had two boys and now she is pregnant with a girl...she had 2 3d scans to check the gender because she was hesitant to believe. So you my friend are not the only one, just do it for you and not because others are making you think twice.

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Thanks Rosie, i hate to moan to u girls but there's no1 else I can talk to I feel abit trapped in my own thoughts! It sucks I thought if I heard girl I'd be over the moon which I was/am but I'm not buying her anything else now she has a few baby gros and one dress! My scans Dec 1st and yep its a 3d one, iam terrified that I will hear boy now! So stupid! Ppl just can't be happy for u there's always someone to burst ya bubble! Xx thanx for listening x

mummypink
October 24th, 2012, 03:47 AM
People should just keep their nasty comments to themselves. I think I would be the same as you hb if I heard girl and not really believe it was true! A friend of mine who has 3 boys was told girl at her scan with her 4th and went and had a 3d scan as she just couldn't believe it! It was confirmed girl! :)

If you'd told them all you were having a boy you wouldn't have had the comments about 'they could have got it wrong' etc!

I announced my pregnancy on fb at about 13 weeks once we had heard the heartbeat a couple of times, we don't see friends and family in the UK very often so it was the easiest way to let everyone know. We let close family know by phone calls/ texts first. The main comments I had that annoyed me were how expensive a big family can be, I mean we will only have 3 children not the largest family! We don't rely on anyone else so why they think it is ok to comment on the size of our family is beyond me. My mil was over recently and kept saying to hubby 'oh it is going to be so hard, how are you going to manage' and implying that this baby was an accident! Erm... no all of our children were very much planned and wanted thank you!!!
She also kept suggesting a girls name to me and dh which I thought she can s*d off about as there us no way she is naming our daughter if we are lucky enough to have one! I just replied - oh we've had a name chosen for a girl since ds1 but we're keeping names a secret until the baby is born. That well and truly pee'd her off haha!! ;)

My general response to people saying "are you hoping for a girl" is 'a boy would be cheaper as we are totally prepared but a girl would be lovely too'.

Maybe we should just all start making personal comments back to them and see how they like it!!

Wishing4Pink
October 24th, 2012, 06:17 AM
I haven't announced it on facebook, nor have i told many people really. I'm not sure why really, but already fed up with the hopes it a girl comments!

Hbp, it does really annoy me when people just can't be happy for you. I completely understand where your coming from, if i'm lucky enough to hear 'it's a girl' i'll be booking another scan anyway just to believe it.

I think i've felt a few movements but not alot really, half the time i think it's wind. I hate worrying so much but can't help it!!

x

mummypink
October 24th, 2012, 07:23 AM
Maybe we could all do with one of these:

mummypink
October 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
And possibly even:

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 08:09 AM
:rofl: Ahahahaaaaaaa I love it xx

ThreeMenAndALAdy
October 24th, 2012, 08:44 AM
That is fantastic!!!! I get the you have your hands full comment all the time!!! If you see that I have them full, why are you bothering me with your bs conversation!!!

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 09:06 AM
People suck. Thats why we don't want to announce anything this time. I don't wanna hear the girl/boy comments especially because in my head I'm thinking " well we HAD a girl she just died , so screw you" I'm just not enough of jerk to say it out loud to them. I especially don't want to hear if we do find out its a boy all the comments about trying again? Etc. before I even have this baby. I do have hard pregnancies I admit it , but my aunt was already like if this is a boy , you better just adopt a girl , as if I can't make girls ..

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 09:31 AM
People suck. Thats why we don't want to announce anything this time. I don't wanna hear the girl/boy comments especially because in my head I'm thinking " well we HAD a girl she just died , so screw you" I'm just not enough of jerk to say it out loud to them. I especially don't want to hear if we do find out its a boy all the comments about trying again? Etc. before I even have this baby. I do have hard pregnancies I admit it , but my aunt was already like if this is a boy , you better just adopt a girl , as if I can't make girls ..

i really wish i had of said nothing i was asking for trouble (according to my hubby)!!

hun you can make girls you had a beautiful little girl! i really wish ppl would keep their stupid opinions to theirselves grrrrrr!!!! theres every chance you are carrying a girl hun please dont loose hope xxx

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I know hbp but you thought people would just be excited for you! But it seems like everyone thinks they are helping by "preparing " you for the worst . There are plenty of families I know with 2 of one gender and the 3rd of the other , so I don't know why they act like its impossible

Tiffani3
October 24th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Just try and ignore them hbp.
You have a little girly cooking no worries :)
I've had such a good day today I'm finally got my head round baby being a boy and I am actually really pleased he will fit perfectly into my family. My friends were over for lunch and were going on about girl this girl that (haven't told anyone that I know yet btw!!) so I told them that I think this one will be a boy ;) and how I can't wait to have a baby again and it really doesn't matter what it's going to be, and I really felt like I meant it!
If that makes sense! xx

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling better Tiffani! I hope I am able to come around this quickly like you if I am told boy in a couple days. Don't know what I would tell DS1 though he is really counting on a sister. Ugh I am getting nervous just typing about it!

I really think all the ladies told boy so far have had a great attitude and I am very impressed! Way to be great role models!

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 02:00 PM
DS1 says its a girl but hes semi uninterested at this point LOL. I think after last time he just assumes no baby will come out

Tiffani3
October 24th, 2012, 02:20 PM
I'm sorry spinning it must be so hard for you.
My ds1 has been desperate for a sister for such a long time. We haven't told them yet either that its a boy. I over heard him the other day telling my niece that its defiantly a girl this time I just know! Bless him! He'll be ok with it though i know he will it's what's meant to be, this little man choose us as a family and we will all love him. xx

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 02:35 PM
thanks Tiff. I think it's made a 100x harder since we LOST a girl. to hear its a boy, means another type of loss from losing our last baby.
i think ds1 just thinks a girl would bother him less and have her own girl toys but we all know that wouldn't happen lol

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Spinning I'm not good at putting things into words... but I just wish I could hug you, you have experienced the most terrible thing a parent can go through....u are amazing hun :hugs: and know matter what your beautiful baby is you will love them so much!!! I totally understand what you mean about a double loss though!! after my mum lost my sister (full term) she fell pregnant again within months, I can always remember sitting in the scan room and finding out the new baby was a boy, my mum didn't care after what she'd been though she just wanted a healthy baby but my dad found it soooo hard his face said it all!! Since finding out I'm having a girl he told mum 'she gets to finish what we started' no pressure there dad, bless him!

Hope your ok spinning?

And tiff I'm so pleased that your feeling more positive, that little boy is lucky to have u as his mummy xxx

NCBeachyGrl
October 24th, 2012, 04:06 PM
Does anyone else have a HSA or FSA with their health insurance? I am so stoked b/c I put in WAY too much money...I have over $1,300 in there right now and have to spend it all by Dec. 31st. I found this website called drugstore.com and they have FSA eligible items...on the list is a breast pump (nice ones too), milk storage bags, breast pads, diaper rash cream, shampoos, soaps, thermometers, aspirators, etc....I am so excited that I can buy all of these things and not let my money go to waste!!

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Just a random message here but wanted to share haha....iam currently watching baby moving around in my belly, she's really going for it :) the strangest thing is though it also feels like shes moving in my butt haha any1 ever had that b4? Xx

Shellbelle
October 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Just a random message here but wanted to share haha....iam currently watching baby moving around in my belly, she's really going for it :) the strangest thing is though it also feels like shes moving in my butt haha any1 ever had that b4? Xx

Lol, I did with my last one. It felt like he was trying to kick out through my butt lol. I had forgotten about that lively pregnancy tidbit.

Shellbelle
October 24th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Does anyone else have a HSA or FSA with their health insurance? I am so stoked b/c I put in WAY too much money...I have over $1,300 in there right now and have to spend it all by Dec. 31st. I found this website called drugstore.com and they have FSA eligible items...on the list is a breast pump (nice ones too), milk storage bags, breast pads, diaper rash cream, shampoos, soaps, thermometers, aspirators, etc....I am so excited that I can buy all of these things and not let my money go to waste!!

That is awesome!

NCBeachyGrl
October 24th, 2012, 04:35 PM

I can't wait to really feel the baby! I *think* I might every now and then, but I want to be able to see it!!

homebirthing princess
October 24th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Lol, I did with my last one. It felt like he was trying:rofl: to kick out through my butt lol. I had forgotten about that lively pregnancy tidbit.

Such a strange feeling lol makes me wanna poop...which would be great as I'm so constipated thanks to the iron tablets :rofl:

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 05:06 PM
Thank hbp. I'm ok! It's one of those things that you think you can never survive but you do!

Who has a scan next??

mummypink
October 24th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Hbp - so lovely you can feel the movements, I think that is one of the best bits of pregnancy!

Spinning - sending you a big hug xxxxxxx

At least we will all know (those of us finding out anyway) by Christmas what gender our babies will be so we can start 2013 without all the stress and what ifs. I really do think this is the worst stage, once we know we can deal with it and either be excited about our DG impending arrival or get our heads around another boy/ girl. We all know that as soon as we set eyes on them we will love them to pieces regardless of gender, and who knows maybe one of our babies has a very important role to play in the world one day. xx

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Spinning- my scan is this Saturday, it's an elective gender scan.

Cinss
October 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Spinning- my scan is this Saturday, it's an elective gender scan.

How exciting your next :)

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Yeah and ask anyone how crazy I am going! eeekk

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
NC, that is awesome you have so much money to spend! I don't really understand how the HSA works as I have had state insurance since I have had kids. Is that money you already paid or is it something you earned?

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 06:43 PM
oooo soo soon Rosie!!

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Yes it is coming up quickly! I wish it were already over though and I was shopping for pink. ha

NCBeachyGrl
October 24th, 2012, 07:17 PM
NC, that is awesome you have so much money to spend! I don't really understand how the HSA works as I have had state insurance since I have had kids. Is that money you already paid or is it something you earned?

At the beginning of the year I set aside an amount that I thought we would spend on healthcare for 2012. Every paycheck a certain amount comes out...pre-tax dollars. And I can use it on any health related expense...including contacts, glasses, medicine, dr. visits, etc...

Rosie85
October 24th, 2012, 07:39 PM
I see NC, so now you get to go on a shopping spree since you didn't use it all :-)

Ladies my back is killing me, I feel so much pressure in my uterus too. This pregnancy just feels weird all together. I want to see the baby and make sure everything is okay.

mrshonyez
October 24th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I see NC, so now you get to go on a shopping spree since you didn't use it all :-)

Ladies my back is killing me, I feel so much pressure in my uterus too. This pregnancy just feels weird all together. I want to see the baby and make sure everything is okay.
My back has been sooo sore too! Especially when trying to give my boys a bath :/. I've been having lots more Braxton Hicks contractions too. This pregnancy has been so different. But on the plus side, its as if a switch went off Monday and now he's kicking up a storm! Suddenly the last few days I've been feeling him so much more and I love it!

mrshonyez
October 24th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I came across this picture of DS2 yesterday on my phone, and just thought I'd share... Hope you ladies don't mind! It just makes me smile every time I see it, and reminds me how sweet boys are and that I will be ok even if I never get a daughter!

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x66/bandbaby1/801B0ADF-C9B3-40C2-BFB5-85B26E9594D1-8997-00000C01D4871431.jpg

spinningmadly
October 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Aww how sweet

Butterfly Spirit
October 24th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Precious little man!! :)
He looks like his mama!!

mrshonyez
October 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM
I just love looking back at baby pictures, but it makes me sad how fast they grow :(

Ugh DH just texted me that its snowing where I live... I'm so jealous lol! I'm still visiting my family in the south so its pretty decently warm. I'm going back next week and I'm sure it will warm up just because of that lol.

mrshonyez
October 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Aw thanks, he actually does look identical to my baby pictures! I joke that now we'll see what I would've looked like as a boy lol! DS1 looks just like DH's baby pictures too, so I'm really curious what this one will look like!

Cinss
October 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Too cute mrshoneyz!!! Looks like he is doing the kissy face :)

spinningmadly
October 25th, 2012, 12:05 AM
Ugh
So I don't feel as sick tonight. Usually I'm puking 5 pm on but now I'm freakin out bc I'm not. I don't know if it was bc I ate more or bc I'm m/c . I just cancelled my u/s that was for today on tues since we got the Hb via Doppler and the office is a damn hour away. I also know my m/w isn't in on Thursday and the other one doesn't understand my mental status at all. sucks that when I dont feel sick I'm freaking out

Butterfly Spirit
October 25th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Ugh
So I don't feel as sick tonight. Usually I'm puking 5 pm on but now I'm freakin out bc I'm not. I don't know if it was bc I ate more or bc I'm m/c . I just cancelled my u/s that was for today on tues since we got the Hb via Doppler and the office is a damn hour away. I also know my m/w isn't in on Thursday and the other one doesn't understand my mental status at all. sucks that when I dont feel sick I'm freaking out

It might hit you later on you never know.. and I had some GOOD days too! I bet everything is fine! :)

Lassie1982
October 25th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Suregna you have me thinking now!
How do you girls check the position of your uterus?? Internally? Or lying flat on your back and feeling your tummy?
if i lie flat on my back i can feel a small mound just under my belly button...would that be it?
First hospital appointment on wednesday, hope to hear the heartbeat :)
Then NT scan in 13 days! So i can finally tell people...its so tricky to hide...im actually really looking forward to telling people (except for the gender comments)

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 01:51 AM

suregena
October 25th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Yeah, I lie flat and feel above my pubic bone. With my son, when it started going above my public bone it was very obvious because it was like a hard mound/top of a ball.

Cinss
October 25th, 2012, 03:10 AM
My SIL had her 12w scan today and the tech said 70% sure its a boy, she wanted a girl but its her first child so im sure she is ok with it. I feel like the gender gods arent being very nice to many people lately. I have my 12w scan next Thursday at the same place so i will probably get a 70% guess too.