PDA

View Full Version : light blood in ewcm before/at ovulation...is this normal???

mkarntz1980
February 5th, 2011, 11:07 PM
So this is my 5th cycle since having my DS 8 months ago...I have noticed that around ovulation I have some light tinged blood in my ewcm, not a ton but enough to notice. Its usually the day or 2 before O and the day of O day is this normal??

One thing that worries me is that I know ANY blood will effect ph, so im scared I wont get an accurate ph reading. But First I want to know if this is something to be concerned about. A few people told me it means "strong ovulation"whatever that means!

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 10:36 AM
Yes, that is totally normal and it's called ovulation spotting. A little blood came from your ovary when the egg was released and it found its way into your CM.

I'm sorry I can't remember what supps you're on right now, but if this is new for you it may be a sign that cranberry/baby aspirin is thinning your blood and you may want to cut back.

Alternatively, sometimes our cervixes can get very soft around O time and it may be that you could have cut yourself while checking pH and the blood is actually from your cervix. Same advice applies with cran/baby aspirin - if it's affecting your blood clotting, aside from the pH effects, that can be bad because it can cause bleeding in your brain or stomach. Have you noticed any unusual bruising or heavier periods lately??? If so, I would halve the amount you're taking.

mkarntz1980
February 6th, 2011, 01:18 PM
Oh I do think I am taking to much cranberry and baby aspirin. My last menstrual cycle was 9 days!!!! Usually its only 5! I was taking baby aspirin and 10,000mg cranberry a day. SO I am going to cut back on those.

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, that's not safe for you. You may want to pick one or the other and take it only every other day.