PDA

View Full Version : any idea how to get my period going? breastfeeding

Coccinelle33
February 5th, 2011, 11:59 PM
still no af. ds is 7 months and i was hoping to stat the diet at the first of march and wanted to start trying in may-sept.

i did some thing kinda stupid thinking it would help and took my left over clomid that i got when ttc my last (stopped after 3 months) and i haven't talked to my doc yet. i know she wont have a problem with me taking it but i should have at least called and left her a message and asking her if i still could since i've had no af yet. what do ya'll think?

is there anything else i can do?

atomic sagebrush
February 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Oh, you naughty girl. No Clomid without talking to your doctor!!

The best thing you can do to get ovulation back is stop nursing at night, if your baby will go for it, or at least cut back. Vitex will help restore ovulation and that may be the deciding factor in whether you should do Clomid or vitex. Vitex you can take month after month, Clomid you should take for as short a time period as possible. You also need to pay close attention to your luteal phase, because sometimes you will ovulate while BF but just have a supershort luteal phase. If you think your LP is short, the vitex will help with that and/or B6.

You 100% for sure can get your ovulation back and conceive BEFORE you ever have AF. I did it. I had one AF very early on after DS 3, and then my periods went away again for several months. I caught the egg(s) before AF and conceived DS 4 and my baby who didn't make it, and there was a girl on IG who conceived twin girls with her first ovulation while breastfeeding, and she was only 8 months postpartum.