PDA

View Full Version : Does breastfeeding sway pink or blue?

sunnyinflorida
February 6th, 2011, 11:34 AM
I have heard that it sways pink. Oddly though bf'ing is the only time I get ewcm durning O? Any thoughts?

Coccinelle33
February 6th, 2011, 05:43 PM
i heard pink but i have had 3 boys and 1 girl while breastfeeding and with 3 of them i swayed pink.

nuthinbutpink
February 6th, 2011, 09:28 PM
Atomic has a sick baby today so I am trying to help her out. I found this in one of her blogs:

BREASTFEEDING - To me, breastfeeding is the most interesting of all, because it really affects every aspect of swaying. Not only does breastfeeding reduce testosterone levels by itself, but as those of us who have breastfed know, our sex drives all but disappear when we’re nursing. So we’re less interested in sex, less likely to orgasm, and we have less, and drier cervical mucus.

Breastfeeding also affects our blood sugar, to the extent that many diabetic moms find their blood sugar levels remain so low just from nursing that they are able to dramatically cut back on their insulin until after they wean their baby. A nursing mother is also more likely to be losing weight than a woman who isn’t nursing, just because her body is burning so many calories just to make milk. She may be using up so many calories to make milk that her body is actually robbing her muscles for protein, further reducing her testosterone levels and acidifying her body.

I’ve never had a lot of luck exercising while I’m nursing, and I would certainly never lift weights around a small baby - I would love to hear of other people’s experiences.

I have found that during the time I’m nursing, I tend to get less sleep because I wake up several times a night to attend to my baby. Since less sleep = less testosterone, just the fact of having a small baby might tend to sway for a girl.

sunnyinflorida
February 7th, 2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks md & nbp!

atomic sagebrush
February 7th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thank you NBP!

Yes, I believe that breastfeeding sways mildly pink but of course it is no magic bullet (didn't work for me!). Some people find that they actually have more EWCM and a lot of other people have much larger appetites while breastfeeding and have a hard time losing weight.

Also, it does complicate swaying to be breastfeeding, particularly for pink. You simply can't take a lot of the supplements, antihistamines dry up breastmilk, and it makes it more difficult to eat a restricted diet. So that alone may "sway" inadvertently the opposite direction by causing you to have a worse sway than you would if you waited.

sunnyinflorida
February 10th, 2011, 10:00 PM
Thanks K!

sunnyinflorida
June 25th, 2011, 04:35 PM
So you know I'm pg I'm still BF'ing about 8 times a day. I will update when I know the gender...

zanacal
June 25th, 2011, 04:47 PM
Congratulations!

sunnyinflorida
August 15th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Thanks jjc! This is so me too I hope it helped me get a blue one this time :)

atomic sagebrush
August 19th, 2011, 10:30 AM
Me too Sunny! KFX and TX!!!!!

rainbowflower
August 19th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I'm BF too and I'm getting LOTS of EWCM- more than I've ever had before. I'm 1lb heavier than I was pre-pregnancy now, but haven't started swaying yet.