PDA

View Full Version : A little sad...a little irritated...a little excited :D

hotdogz&boyz
August 8th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hi ladies! I am new to this site. And happily so. I feel my brain literally exploding with new information. All of which I am totally loving, since it has SCIENCE to back it up.

But the sad...I was over on IG for the past couple months "perfecting" my sway and deciding which aspects to add, delete, and try for. And as I know from poking around on here, I likely concentrated on ALL the wrong things :( Hence being a little irritated.

To be clear, DH and I want a little one again. We discussed before we agreed when to try that swaying was an option, if nothing more than to "increase" the odds of adding some XX to our family of mostly XY (except me). We plan on two more children (to add to the two we have) and figured we would have two attempts to get it "right." And if I never have a girl, I am okay with that. I won't lie and say I won't be sad for a bit. But I am okay as the mom to four boys. I just figure it doesn't hurt to try a little for a lady!

That said, we made our first attempt this past week and now I am in the 2WW. But after reading all the information on here, specifically the diet, non-need to do timing, and not relying on weird things like biorhythms, moon signs, and other such nonsense....I am 98% sure that if we got pregnant this month, we will be welcoming another son into our family. I am excited to test, excited to be pregnant again, and excited to have another little person in our family.

But I feel duped! I think it would have been better if we had relied on "nature" this attempt than do weird things that made trying rather unpleasant and feel like we concentrated on all the wrong sway techniques. Of course, it probably didn't hurt anything. And maybe I swayed the chances 5% in my favor to have a girl (which after two boys would put me back around 50-50).

I just had to get that off my chest. Thanks for all being so great. I have to say this is the nicest welcome I have gotten on a message board!!

fivebabies
August 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Don't worry too much. I followed all IG pink swaying techniques and ended up with a girl. You never know! And I don't think that swaying makes as much of a difference than people think.

Good luck!!! :)