TTC a Girl Sway Attempt
Gender Result:
Chemical pregnancy
DW Age:
DH Age:
Current Children's Gender(s)
Two boys: DS1 is a couple months from 3; DS2 is 11 months
Number of Months TTC
Did you purchase and follow a GD Personalized Plan?
No
DIET
Did you follow a diet plan?
Yes
If yes to diet, which one did you most follow? IG

Comments regarding DW's diet changes-
I did great on the diet for a couple weeks, but I am nursing and found I needed more variety for our health. So the days leading up to our attempt were not low-calorie or even terribly following the IG diet. I had to consume at least 2000 calories to support my nursing. Plus, I use to have an eating disorder and I found being really restrictive with my dieting was setting off some bad memories of the past. So...I can't say this was a great aspect of my sway.
If diet was used, length of time before attempt?
I was on the diet "hard core" for a few weeks. Than those last few days were half-attempts at the diet. Not ideal no matter which way you slice it.
Did you skip breakfast regularly?
No
Did DH change his diet with you?
Yes
Comments regarding DH's diet-
My husband is your typical "meat and potatoes" kinda guy. But when I changed my diet, he changed his with me. It was not nearly as restrictive...but he did not eat red meat, did not eat potatoes or tomatoes. And he increased his carb consumption. He was gaining weight at the time.
DId you consume alcohol? No

DId you try to limit caffeine?
Yes, I cutback
Any Diet Details?
I did manage to skip breakfast the day of our attempt. I have naturally pretty low blood sugar and always have had. No idea how I have two sons if that is a sway factor! I drank very little to no caffeine and DH cut down to only 1/2 cup of coffee a day at work. I drank lots of Crystal light and Dh was big on artificial sweetners as well. Lots of Diet Sierra Mist for him.
Any Diet Comments/Additional Info?
-
WEIGHT AND EXERCISE
What did you weigh/BMI do leading up to O?
I weigh 165 typically (on a 5'10" frame) and had lost about 5lbs on the diet the weeks leading up to our attempt. But when I went back to eating normally right before and following O, I managed to gain back the weight. I think my BMI at our attempt was about 23.5...which is the lowest it has been in any pregnancy attempt (it was over 30 with DS1 and over 25 with DS2)
Any Weight/Exercise related additional info/comments?
No exercise besides the typical needed to care for dogs and small children.
THINGS in VG and CONCEPTION DATE(CD) INFO
pH Before Starting a Sway Program, if known
Around a 6.5-7
Any VG potions used? RePhresh

CM pH at attempt
Earlier in the day it was a solid 7. I used RePhresh an hour before and last tested it to be around a 5.5 (about 30 minutes before attempt)
DH pH
No idea.
How many BD attempts did you make for the BFP cycle?
1 and only 1
BD Dates according to Ovulation After O

Any additional comments?
I think our attempt was 5-7 hours after I ovulated. Although my ovulation was atypical this time and I had a hard time pinpointing when it was happening.
THE DEED INFO
DH Info about Swimmers Abstained

BD Position
Missionary
Did you Jump and Dump? No

Any relevant attempt details?
Well, abstaining length of time was embarrassingly long. It was verified as a long abstaining by DH.
SUPPLEMENTS USED
DW Supplements folic acid
Calcium
Magnesium
Antihistamine

DH Supplements Licorice Root
Cranberry
Magnesium

Any additional supplement info?
I also took cranberry for a blood thinner. I started baby asprin the day after our attempt
Did you do anything with Ions?
We always have fans and lavender candles in the room. I generally shower before DTD. But nothing major.
Moon Phase during conception?
Waning Gibbous
Did you use any Old Wives Tales?
We concieved in a male moon sign for both boys, so we went for a female one this time. My biorhythms were in female signs (although they were for my boys too). And I totally had a girl outfit and a wooden spoon under our bed :D
Things that make me feel great about my sway:
The abstaining, position, lack of O, and possibly lower PH were all pluses in my mind. I actually know it is not terribly important or even effective in swaying, but I was glad we were in a girl moon sign. I think any diet changes I made were positive, since my diet previously had favored male conception (I was gaining weight in both previous conception times).
Things that make me nervous about my sway:
Well, I certainly did not take the supplements or follow the diet plan I should have. I found this site too late. Not to mention we concentrated too heavily on timing and too lightly on what might actually sway. I can't say I am terribly confident in my sway overall.
Things worth mentioning:
I have a history of pregnancy loss, so even though I posted this sway...it might not factor into the stats because of chemical pregnancies and early losses.

mariposa
August 8th, 2012, 03:34 PM
sounds great!!! :fingers: good luck!!!
can I ask you how many days of abstinence did you do?

Tiffani3
August 9th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Good luck fx that little bean sticks for you xxxx

hotdogz&boyz
August 10th, 2012, 10:02 AM
sounds great!!! :fingers: good luck!!!
can I ask you how many days of abstinence did you do?

I, uh, stopped counting once we had to count in weeks instead of days :( It was at least 6 weeks, probably more!

mariposa
August 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM
thanks!! wooow, what a lucky to get pregnant with so many weeks of abstinence!!! congrats again!!! Hope you listen pink soon!!! :ttcgirl:

sweetpea
August 10th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Looks great!! Congrats on your BFP!!! :)

atomic sagebrush
August 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Good luck Hotdogz!! :) Congrats!

hotdogz&boyz
August 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
It's a chemical...I'll update. If it needs to be deleted, can you tell me how to do that? I guess ill wait a bit longer to post next time, i was just excited. Thanks though ladies. Onto the next month!

dreamingpink77
August 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM
So sorry about that Hotdogz, really hope it next month will be your month!

sweetpea
August 16th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Oh, mama. I'm so sorry to hear this. :( ***big hugs*** to you, and good luck next month. :HH:

Tiffani3
August 17th, 2012, 02:09 AM
:( sorry to hear that fx for next month xx