PDA

View Full Version : Surprise BFP here...

NeedPink
August 8th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Hello all,

Well, this is not planned at all so I am stunned at how this one possibly could've snucked by, but my thought that Vitex has screwed up my cycle was obviously not so accurate:(.

I am 6 days late today, and some gut feeling just told me to go buy a pregnancy test. And sure enough: it was a strong positive within seconds. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I am sort of disappointed. I mean: I was not swaying yet, the only thing that I started last month, was the vitex.

I am just so sad, and I guess I am experiencing premature gender disappointment - how stupid am I? I guess, I just wanted to know I did all I could to change as many sides of the dice to have some pink after two boys when my time came to sway. Also, my little one is (IMO only) 15months, and such a baby still, I would have liked an extra 6 months. I already feel that he gets neglected so much in lieu of his older brother, And now We'll have a baby so close to him. They'll be exactly two years apart, but it just feels too soon to me... Next thing is, we live in Canada, all our family in South africa, and I have nobody close to help. We've been discussing perhaps moving back, now I just can't see that happening any time soon. I just feel so overwhelmed right now. The thought of a little girl, might make this slightly more bearable, and I feel so guilty for thinking this.

Those of you that believe in God, please pray for me. For positive thoughts, for calmness and some healthy pink:). God knows my heart and desires, so I know that He will provide what is right for us and I pray for acceptance for what he gifts us.

NeedPink.

nuthinbutpink
August 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Well, think of all the stress you saved yourself on the sway. I think sometimes it is a blessing to just have it happen and skip all of the stressing over the sway. Congrats and I do hope this one is pink!

mybluepilot
August 9th, 2012, 12:07 AM
I am sorry you are feeling that way, and I really hope that you hear pink soon, also I am sure once you hear that " wosh wosh heart beat sound you will fall in love, and in the future your baby boy will have a little sister to play with ;) celebrate your pregnancy and if you have no family around which I do could feel you on that case, think about hiring a part thine nanny once baby is here, it helps a lot. Hugs to you and pink girly dust your way

TTC5
August 9th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Sorry things did not go to plan x x x

homebirthing princess
August 9th, 2012, 02:28 AM
I know exactly how u feel sweet, I'm currently 10wks pregnant with my woops baby I'd been taking vitex for 2mths but then had a mths break due to headaches, I planned on starting my sway after my hols but a drunken night and I'm pregnant....I felt the same as you, but I got out my Doppler the other night and heard that wonderful galloping sound and I'm in love again :)

There is still every chance u could very well be cooking a girl in there don't loose hope :awe:
Congrats xxxx

Tiffani3
August 9th, 2012, 05:40 AM
try not to be sad it was ment to be :) people get baby girls everyday without even swaying good luck and fx for you xx

zibibbogirl
August 9th, 2012, 05:50 AM
I am thinking of you and crossing everything that this is the little pink bundle you have been wanting.

elle82
August 9th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Well, think of all the stress you saved yourself on the sway. I think sometimes it is a blessing to just have it happen and skip all of the stressing over the sway. Congrats and I do hope this one is pink!

Totally agree with nuthinbutpink, think of all the stress you have saved yourself and there's every chance this one is a girl. People get girls every day without doing anything to sway-all you might have needed to do to get your girl is actually get pregnant again. Congrats on your bfp!! Fingers crossed it is a little :XX: Everything will work out xx

NeedPink
August 9th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Thanks for all the comments and encouraging words! Greatly appreciated. And good luck to all who plan to sway!

The Anchor
August 9th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Good Luck NeedPink...I'm in Canada too. And, we're due date buddies!