PDA

View Full Version : Something....amazing just happened :)

babydust
August 8th, 2012, 11:29 PM
I think...that maybe I'm over my Gender desire.

I do have a boy and a girl. But I still Had a BIG desire for another girl. Well, I'm in the 2WW now. Not sure if I'm pregnant or not but all of the sudden...something clicked. I Would be beyond thrilled for another little boy!! I always thought that boys aren't close to their moms. But that is so untrue! I think because I am very family oriented no matter what gender my children are, they will always be close to me, be happy, and live the life that makes them happy. That's all I can hope for. My son is Such a sweet amazing little boy.

I always thought boys were rough and tumble. No Emotion. Well I was very wrong. He does love to run around and do boy stuff for sure which is fantastic!! But that's only one side of him. He loves music and art, baking and cooking, reading, the beach... So Many different interests. He has such a sweet heart. Before I had kids I thought it was girls doing girl stuff and boys doing boy stuff. I love that I get to do girlie stuff with my daughter but she's not all pink bows and ribbons either. She loves rough housing with her brother. She's more rough then him! Haha

What it comes down to is that regardless of gender, children are individuals. It's not boys
are This way and girls are that way. There is soooo much gray in between. And as long as they are surrounded with a loving family then that's how they will Grow up. Family oriented and with a good head on their shoulders

I hope this doesn't change but right now I feel like I would be happy
With a boy or a girl. It doesn't matter to me One bit! I doubt I will even find out the gender before birth. I want to be surprised for once.

Yeah I swayed for a girl. But I'm glad I did because at this point if I had to try again I don't know which way I would try for. I didn't do everything to sway, so there is still
A good chance of me being pregnant and having another little boy. Yay! But I think it was a pretty bad boy sway. Haha.

We shall see. Another little girl would be fantastic too! Either way I
Might be done after this. My little bonus baby. IF I am Pregnant or for the future will I consider the sway a failure if I have a boy? 100% no.

When I was pregnant the second time, so many times people would say to Me that they hope I have a girl as girls are forever and boys leave when they get married. Can u believe that! Yeah, I did :/. Not anymore, not at all. It's all how the children are raised.

Just wanted to share my thoughts with you girls
Before I head to sleep.

I'm in a peaceful place now and it feels Darn good :HH:

Xoxo

Hobbermittens
August 8th, 2012, 11:56 PM
You are in a great place! I wish I felt that good about the gender of my kids!

Kiesse
August 9th, 2012, 04:40 AM
So well said! thank you for that, your post brightened my day

auroara78
August 9th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Beautiful post, and I feel the same way...

DS1 is so magical, so loving, such a sweet little Momma's boy (we love baking cookies together too) that I totally thought this would never happen unless I had a DD. Of course, he is all boy too, (he likes to pillow fight, growl or pretend to be a T-Rex, etc) but there was so much more to having boys than just what I thought it was.

Gorgeous post, and I couldn't agree more about there being more in between than just the stereotypes.

The Anchor
August 9th, 2012, 04:48 PM
What an AWESOME post babydust...and I'm so happy for you! I, like you, have on of each, and decided that I wasn't even going to sway for #3. I think in the end, you love your kids so much because they're YOUR kids, they look up to you and love you without limits, and really they are little YOUs!

My # 3 is my bonus baby too. I couldn't have expressed it better, way to go babydust.

allison
August 21st, 2012, 01:33 PM
Thank you for that. I needed that today. You are so right that children are so much more than their genders. The stereotypes drive me crazy. If you are on Pinterest there's been a "pin" floating around with a quote that says "Boy: A noise with dirt on it." It drives me absolutely crazy! Boys are so much more! I hate stuff like that that just spreads the stereotypes even more. My boys are not louder than any girls I've been around, they do not stink, and they are not dirty! They are loving, sensitive, sweet, and care so much about their family.

Lilpumpkin06
August 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM
I LOVE the thought of #3 being a bonus baby! I'm going to hold on to that positive thought and remind myself daily that my #3 is a bonus baby no matter what! So glad you posted this!

Callmecrazy
August 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
That is awesome! I am in about the same place as well. SO very happy for you!
When is your 2ww over? We may be cycle buddies.

Butterfly Spirit
August 27th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Honestly this happened to me 2-3 weeks ago. Once I hit 12 weeks and knew I would be okay.. thinking about my loss and how I got a sticky bean right after it. I opened videos of my sweet DS#2 and watched them for hours and my heart just melted... I no longer cared and I thought, after all I did if a little boy managed to make it through my sway then he earned his place in the family. A little bundle of blue... thinking about it I was just SO excited to have a healthy pregnancy so I guess the GD just went away.
And it is a peaceful feeling, I'm glad you are experiencing it too!

babydust
August 29th, 2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks girls for reading and commenting!! :). Well, I'm
5 week pregnant now! So first time Was a charm again. Feel
So blessed to be able to conceive so easily again. I've always wanted at least 3 children so
I am sooooo grateful for that. Dh and I both!

auroara78
August 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
congrats babydust! Don't be a stranger--come hang out in a due date buddy group, you're a lot of fun to have around! and you also need a ticker for your pregnancy! Congrats again!

atomic sagebrush
August 29th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Thank you for that. I needed that today. You are so right that children are so much more than their genders. The stereotypes drive me crazy. If you are on Pinterest there's been a "pin" floating around with a quote that says "Boy: A noise with dirt on it." It drives me absolutely crazy! Boys are so much more! I hate stuff like that that just spreads the stereotypes even more. My boys are not louder than any girls I've been around, they do not stink, and they are not dirty! They are loving, sensitive, sweet, and care so much about their family.

Someone gave me a little sign that said that once, and one of my sons got very offended about it. I didn't really like the sign but this was before I had GD and I didn't think anything of it really, so I hung it up in my laundry room out of the way and forgot about it. One morning I woke up and my son had made this little handmade sign that read, "Mom: A nag with poop on it!"

I can promise that even adult sons can stay close to you (and not in creepy ways either.) I talk to my son who lives away from home every day on the phone and I spend time with my son who lives at home, every day too. They are both super helpful, polite, and go out of their way to make my life easier when they can.