PDA

View Full Version : DS2 is Officially Out Of Diapers!

NCBeachyGrl
August 10th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I am so excited! DS2 will be 3 in November and he is officially out of diapers and potty trained! He went all week without wearing a pull up at bed or nap time and during the day. I am so excited to have reached this milestone....although nervous about our 10 hour drive coming up in September!

Now I only have 250 days or less before the diapers start all over again :bigsmile:

auroara78
August 10th, 2012, 09:12 AM
congrats NC!! It just occured to me that I will have two in diapers, as DS2 is almost 16 mos old....I keep wondering what's the earlier I can potty train him? hehehe, we didn't mess with DS1 until he was a little over 3, because he wouldn't focus on it until then...and we had been trying off and on since he was 2.

ThreeMenAndALAdy
August 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
My dd is on her way too. Wearing her princess underwear as we speak. Congrats NC.

NCBeachyGrl
August 10th, 2012, 09:18 AM
It didn't feel like I even had to do much work with DS2. He just started watching his big brother all the time and I went and bought a potty for him in February and I pulled it out of the box and walked away. While I was gone he drug it behind the couch and pooped in it! From there on out he was pooping only in the potty and then he got the hang of peeing standing up in the big potty. I was down to just pull ups when he was sleeping, but for the last week they were completely dry in the morning and he would take them off to go potty. So, I just said I would not buy anymore and that was that!

nuthinbutpink
August 10th, 2012, 03:02 PM
That's awesome. I hope my DS will take interest soon.

The Anchor
August 10th, 2012, 03:43 PM
I am so excited! DS2 will be 3 in November and he is officially out of diapers and potty trained! He went all week without wearing a pull up at bed or nap time and during the day. I am so excited to have reached this milestone....although nervous about our 10 hour drive coming up in September!

Now I only have 250 days or less before the diapers start all over again :bigsmile:

I hope it works out as well for me...DS just turned 2 and I'm hoping he figures it out before #3 comes along in April!

fish2012
August 11th, 2012, 05:03 PM
DS1 now in pants however I had DS1 and DS2 in washable nappies for about a year wasn't a problem at all so wouldn't worry about it x

Mochagirl
August 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I had a terrible time with all 3 of my boys. One of my twins was almost completely potty trained around his third birthday, then ds3 was born and he went full-time back into diapers. I had 3 in diapers for quite a while! He and his twin brother weren't fully trained until about 3.5, and they weren't night trained until maybe age 4.5 (and one of them still wets his bed regularly).

DS3 has been 3 for over a month now, and although he's showing a lot of progress, he's nowhere near potty trained. At home he wears either nothing at all or underpants, but he only sits on the potty when I ask him to and it usually also requires a big bribe. He never tells me when he has to pee or poop. When we go out I put him in cloth training pants, and he often wets through a couple of pair if I don't get him on the potty at least once an hour while we're running our errands. Since DD is due in just over a month, I have a feeling any further progress I manage with him will all go out the window when she's born anyway. He starts a new preschool in the fall that requires that he be potty trained, but I might have to just send him in Pull-Ups.

CherryBlossom
August 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
congrats NC!! It just occured to me that I will have two in diapers, as DS2 is almost 16 mos old....I keep wondering what's the earlier I can potty train him? hehehe, we didn't mess with DS1 until he was a little over 3, because he wouldn't focus on it until then...and we had been trying off and on since he was 2.

Personally I'd let him tell me he was ready.
Don't force him or it may delay him in that part even more. Maybe just introduce the potty to him and get big bro to show him how to use it.
My ds1, I introduced the potty June. Didn't force him. Had it in the toilet and everytime I went I said wee wee. And pointed to the potty.
Come November he did his first wee =) come December on his second birthday he did his first number 2.
We just went from there. Wasn't till three he was night trained too. Due to stomach issues.
Ds2 - turns two next month. And although interested in the potty, the toilet, and even weeing outside. He is not ready. He thinks he is. I still do what he wants. Take the nappy off put him on or let him wee. But he won't lol. I don't think he knows the wee feeling just yet.
It's winter ATM here anyways. Far too cold. Come summer they'll be wearing less and hopefully more easier for him.
We start ttc this time next year so hopefully he is toilet trained by then LOL. Goodluck though. TT sure is interesting haha

coocoobananas
August 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
My little guys birthday is in november too and he for it just a couple weeks ago! However I haven't even tried nights as my older son didn't get that down til over a year later! So kinda scared to even try this time!!

NCBeachyGrl
August 24th, 2012, 08:24 AM
My little guys birthday is in november too and he for it just a couple weeks ago! However I haven't even tried nights as my older son didn't get that down til over a year later! So kinda scared to even try this time!!

I was scared too! He had a dry diaper for 2 or 3 weeks every night so I figured it was time to pull the plug. I just make sure he stops drinking an hour before bed and I always make sure he pees in the potty before getting in the bed. We have only had 1 accident and that was when I forgot to make him go before bed! It has been a really smooth transition! Knock on wood it stays like this and doesn't have a hard time when preschool starts back after Labor Day!