PDA

View Full Version : The feeling that something is missing...

3xy
August 11th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm new around here. I have 3 little boys and I love having a house full of boys. I adore boys. But I always pictured having both genders and I feel this hole in my heart where a little girl should be. I feel like 3 is what I can handle. I'm in my late 30s. My husband is done. I don't feel like I can have another baby. But I feel like this missing piece is always going to be there. No matter how wonderful my life is, how amazing my little boys are, something is just...missing. And it makes me feel so sad. I can't even explain why I want a little girl. I just do.

Thanks for listening :)

zibibbogirl
August 12th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Hi 3xy. I hope you can find some peace soon. If its any consolation (and it probably isn't), it is completely normal and natural to feel the way you do. Sometimes I struggle to explain why I want a girl too. When you want something you don't have, it does feel like a piece of the puzzle is missing. I am in my mid thirties and doing HT for a fourth, but if three is your limit, I admire you for knowing that. It is not an easy decision to close the door.

nuthinbutpink
August 12th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Is HT an option?

3xy
August 12th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for understanding :)

HT would be an option if we decided to go for a 4th. But I'm pretty stretched thin with 3 different schedules and my husband is not really wanting 1 more. It's weird. I feel like 3 is great and I'm ready to be done with the pregnancy/baby stage and on to the big kid stage...traveling, etc. But I still feel like someone is missing. My youngest is a toddler right now. My oldest is almost 8. Part of me feels SO done, but part of me doesn't. A bigger part of me feels done though.

Jenneilbluebell
August 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
hi hun ive just PMd you, i feel just like you its so hard isnt it xxxx