PDA

View Full Version : Is three weeks enough for the LE diet to work? What should DH take for pink?

weeziewoozles
August 12th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Hey ladies (and Atomic if you are not a bit busy ;)). Could you help me with a question? We want to TTC next cycle but I am unsure if we've left enough time for the LE diet to work. I currently have a BMI of 20ish and read on one of Atomic's posts about weight loss that with a low BMI you shouldn't do the diet for too long as you would reduce the chance of conception at all. So.... if I started tomorrow and expect to O in about 23 days (if my cycle is stable which it might not be as only had one P since stopping BF), is that enough time on the LE diet? I normally eat 1800-2000 calories a day so I am expecting that if I cut it down to 1500 I will lose quite a bit in the 3 weeks or so. Do you think that is enough or should I stop and wait until next cycle? Also, I am wary that as I have a protein rich diet currently, I may have trouble having enough calories while keeping my protein at 40g. DH is cutting out red meat, cutting down on caffeine and alcohol and takes Vit C, CaMg, B-complex and St John's Wort. Are these all OK for pink? Any help would be welcome x :worry:

babydust
August 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yep! I think that would be great :) Enough time, just do the diet really strict

Tiffani3
August 12th, 2012, 04:49 PM
Good luck and fx for you xxx

nuthinbutpink
August 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I think it depends how lose of a sway you are okay with. Personally, I like 90 days to follow the egg lifecycle. With 3 weeks, you aren't even going to go through a full cycle.

weeziewoozles
August 13th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Thanks ladies. I am unsure myself. I really want to get moving as DS2 turns one this weekend and I always thought we'd try when he was one. But... an added factor is that we should be moving house next month and I know stress raises testosterone levels, so wondered if I should ignore my urge to get going and wait another cycle. That would also let me plan more and make sure the sway was a good strong one. Reading my own words it sounds like I should wait another cycle - but I don't want to! :) Patience is not one of my virtues x

Tiffani3
August 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Lol I'm sure you'll make your decision if you don't want to wait just go really strong on all the other aspects of your sway good luck again xx