PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation from left AND right??

dreaminginoz
August 13th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Hi girls,

I have had o pains now fairly obvious since ds2 was born but never took great notice of them and when and what side they were....that being said im starting to closely monitor whats going on with my body to understand my cycles and i noticed this month i had strong o pains from my left side for 2 days (thats normal) but then 2 days later ive had o pains (dull but still noticable) from my right side for 2 consecutive days.......is that normal to have pains from both sides??

auroara78
August 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
O pains don't actually indicate that you are O'ing from both sides or actually either side. I had strong O pains on my left after my ovulation but it was confirmed by ultrasound that I O'ed on my right, the side that felt nothing. You may feel pain from both sides because A) one side is truly releasing the egg; B) the side that did not release an egg but still developed egg follicles may be feeling *tender* from not releasing anything, iykwim?

I hope this helps. And also, O pains are not very reliable to pinpoint O down with. They can happen a few days before O, during O, or even after O, so while it gives you an "idea" that you are probably around O, it is not precision timing.

dreaminginoz
August 19th, 2012, 09:44 PM
yeah that absolutely makes sense thanks Auroara :)